Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Player Questions/Concerns for the Admin
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
Hmm, for some reason I thought only the 2014-2015 bear familiars would be given a second chance? I was under the impression that next year's Night of the Nocturne would feature only the bears from the festivals January through May. Then on the next Brightshine Jubilee with a new set of non-bear familiars, there wouldn't necessarily be an event where they could come back post-festival.
Hmm, for some reason I thought only the 2014-2015 bear familiars would be given a second chance? I was under the impression that next year's Night of the Nocturne would feature only the bears from the festivals January through May. Then on the next Brightshine Jubilee with a new set of non-bear familiars, there wouldn't necessarily be an event where they could come back post-festival.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
My post is a request to keep the egg:chest ratio really high, because I want to make more cash with the eggs I've already collected B)
My post is a request to keep the egg:chest ratio really high, because I want to make more cash with the eggs I've already collected B)
V6q1MAV.png
Will you ever get an administrator who actually will be responsible for answering these questions in a remotely timely manner? TBH I am getting pretty damn iffed at how many perfectly legit (and in most cases important, interesting and EVEN EASY) questions from the last thread are still going unanswered and un-acknowledged by mods and admins. While I understand that some questions cannot be answered, and that some shouldn't even be addressed, it seem almost luck-based to have your concerns actually addressed at all.. and it suck. A lot.
Will you ever get an administrator who actually will be responsible for answering these questions in a remotely timely manner? TBH I am getting pretty damn iffed at how many perfectly legit (and in most cases important, interesting and EVEN EASY) questions from the last thread are still going unanswered and un-acknowledged by mods and admins. While I understand that some questions cannot be answered, and that some shouldn't even be addressed, it seem almost luck-based to have your concerns actually addressed at all.. and it suck. A lot.
Linking to this post in a different thread: here.

FR staff has always seemed very friendly and helpful, so this alienated feeling I've been getting for the past few days is rather disappointing. This doesn't seem like a way to run a successful event.
Linking to this post in a different thread: here.

FR staff has always seemed very friendly and helpful, so this alienated feeling I've been getting for the past few days is rather disappointing. This doesn't seem like a way to run a successful event.
I thought that I was just going to check out flight rising for a month or so because my girlfriend seemed to enjoy it. To my surprise, I found myself addicted. Also, the handful of players that I have spoken to were very cordial. After months of free enjoyment and such a cool experience, I want to pass along my appreciation to the Flight Rising Administration and Moderation teams.

I think that the amount of thought and effort exerted to try and please every user is very admirable. It is a very delicate and amazing garden that you have cultivated and I appreciate being able to take it in. No reply necessary.
I thought that I was just going to check out flight rising for a month or so because my girlfriend seemed to enjoy it. To my surprise, I found myself addicted. Also, the handful of players that I have spoken to were very cordial. After months of free enjoyment and such a cool experience, I want to pass along my appreciation to the Flight Rising Administration and Moderation teams.

I think that the amount of thought and effort exerted to try and please every user is very admirable. It is a very delicate and amazing garden that you have cultivated and I appreciate being able to take it in. No reply necessary.
PlagueFlag.gif
Sure is windy.
[quote]Im not sure if this question has been answered before but.. how does one become a moderator? Can anyone become one? \[/quote] Full information can be found in Words on the Wind Volume 6: http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=ann&id=1148617&p=mb [br][br] [quote]what conserns me the most is the lack of will/plans to have a exalt overhaul. I loove fr with all my heart and you guys do an amazing piece of work but i feel like exalt is lacking. A basic gened dragon should never exalt for the same as a tripple one, and also breeding cool downs should factor into the exalt price. I would LOOOVE to know if there are any plans about this. Players been wanting an exalt overhaul for quite some time now Thanks in advance and thanks for your hard work[/quote] A system that awards more for certain breeds and genes across the board every day is unlikely to happen. This is because if players know that Crystal/Shimmer/Circuit/Coatl are worth the most, that is all that they will breed for. Allowing all breeds, colors, and genes to have equal value in exalting allows players to breed for what they like best without penalty. If they'd like to earn more, there's the daily exalt bonus criteria or they can level them via Coliseum - Dragons that are higher level award more treasure when exalted! [br][br] [quote]How did the new mods get their avatars? Was it chosen or assigned?[/quote] Chosen. [br][br] [quote]Why are there extra dragons in Shadowbinder and Lightweaver's lairs? I really don't want to assume there's a mod or admin using the deity lairs as storage lairs and hoping no one visits their pages, but I'm not sure what the explanation would be otherwise...[/quote] Lightweaver ended up with some extra dragons upon account creation by mistake. They became something of a player favorite, so they got to remain in-lair. [br][br] [quote]Do star rarity ratings of items ever get changed? @Azophel over at the Gathering guide thinks amaranth (the food) changed from 2-star to 1-star, and Leafy Moths changed from 3-star to 5-star - is that really the case? If so, was this mentioned in an update, and could future changes like this be mentioned in updates?[/quote] If they changed, it was a long time ago. We announce all item changes in the "additional updates" section of our news posts. [br][br] [quote]I vaguely remember a plan for Flight lore. Do you have an estimate as to when it'll come out?[/quote] Additional lore is something that we will continue to add throughout the life of the game. [br][br] [quote]Is the new coliseum venue fair game as far as the new skin/accent competition is concerned?[/quote] Yes! [br][br] [quote]I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I started going through the pages to check... but then I gave up. ;-; Do you guys have any idea about where in Sornieth the Coliseum venues are? Like the Bamboo Falls looks like it could be near the Wind/Water border, and it would be logical if Kelp Beds was a part of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, etc...[/quote] Many of the venues exist on borders or uninhabited (by dragon) lands on the main continent. Your guesses are pretty good for which borders and uninhabited lands the venues exist in so far! [br][br] [quote]I was wondering when the Search function will be working for the forums? for example, I know I saw somewhere a thread on commonly used terms or abbreviations but now I can't find that thread. I thought it was a sticky in help or guides, but can't find it. I can continue my question thread I started a bit ago to ask about terms, but first wanted to find that thread I remember seeing a few weeks back. Is there a time-frame on when the search forums function will be up and running?[/quote] Search was disabled to help improve peformance. At this moment there is no timeline for when search will be restored, but it is on our to-do list. [br][br] [quote]If dragon is named inappropriately in other language than English, is it something we should report?[/quote] Yes. We investigate all names on a case-by-case basis. [br][br] [quote]The fae lore states that their voice is monotone and hard to discern emotion from, since they infer their feelings with their crests. I have two questions: 1. Is their voice high-pitched or deep? 2. Do they still make expressions, or is their face completetly blank as well?[/quote] 1. They are typically mid to high pitched. 2. Typically blank, though a few have figured out how to mime other dragon's expressions when they want to get a cross-species point across. They're not very good at it though. [br][br] [quote]How many dragons were exalted last week?[/quote] Roughly 200,000 dragons were Exalted during the Battle Royale! [br][br] [quote]Is The Arcanist a source of magic, or does he just feed off the energies from around him? If he's like a Fae, does he have only a small reserve of magic, and that's partly why he's a recluse?[/quote] He is a source of arcane power, and is able to influence energy around him to take on similar characteristics to his own. The same is true of other gods. [br][br] [quote]Bit of a light, fluffy lore question here. I believe it was mentioned somewhere (in a Tomo question?) that in addition to the elemental stones in Runestones of the Arcanist, the others all corresponded to dragon breeds. Dare I ask which are associated with which?[/quote] The additional stones do not correspond with breeds, though if you would like to headcanon them to do so that is fine! [br][br] [quote]Does level play into the effect exalted dragons have on dominance, or only the quantity of exaltees?[/quote] Level plays into it as well! [br][br] [quote]Another lore question: Fae and Guardian lore suggests that dragons have internal stores of magic. Does this only apply to dragons, or can other creatures build up internal stores through meditation that can be used in non-magically-charged or opposing-element areas?[/quote] Currently, dragons are unique in their ability to generate and store magic. Some shade-possessed creatures and sentient beings are able to channel the magic of their environment, though this is from external sources. [br][br] [quote]Are light dragons capable of enchanting things to give off light for a period of time without the need to constantly feed them energy so that dragos of other elements can use magically created light without the need to have a light or fire dragon acompany them?[/quote] That is possible, though it would not be able to last forever. With time, the light would fade and need to be reenchanted. [br][br] [quote]Can you guys confirm that there will be a primary gene to match seraph or not?[/quote] At this time we have no plans for such a gene. [br][br] [quote]I am really curious as to why Ripple and Bar have different rarity values when breeding than their secondary counterparts Current and Daub?[/quote] Because they are not in the same zone, having them be equal chance to be passed on is not an issue; we could decide on an individual basis how we wanted them to compete with existing genes for similar zones. [br][br] [quote]Is Marva a Nocturne, or some other breed? c:[/quote] Marva likes to remain mysterious. [br][br] [quote]Has the rate of Mimic enemy encounters been reduced compared to earlier in the day? It definitely seems a LOT lower, and I'm not the only person who noticed it.[/quote] No reductions happened, though we did add more encounters a couple hours after the event launched! [br][br] [quote]Once the December event is over, will Nocturne eggs and scrolls ever be re-released again? Will they return for next year or will they be like Imperials, available only once and then forever disappearing as far as eggs and scrolls go, and we'll have a new breed for next years event?[/quote] The Night of the Nocturne event will return in 2015! [br][br] [quote]Nocturnes lore question: Just how big are Nocturnes supposed to be? The encyclopedia says that they have impressive wingspans but the grown up Nocturnes I looked up (Length/Wingspan/Weight) don't sound that big at all. From the few I looked at, it seams like a lot of Faes are bigger then Nocturnes.[/quote] They are larger than fae and spirals, but smaller than other dragon breeds. (A few of the adult nocturne have shrunk due to the size reduction after breeding bug.) [br][br] [quote]Why are you locking and restarting the threads every 100 pages?[/quote] Housekeeping. Links to the previous thread are provided and never disappear, so you can still browser the old threads if you like!
Quote:
Im not sure if this question has been answered before but.. how does one become a moderator? Can anyone become one? \

Full information can be found in Words on the Wind Volume 6: http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=ann&id=1148617&p=mb

Quote:
what conserns me the most is the lack of will/plans to have a exalt overhaul. I loove fr with all my heart and you guys do an amazing piece of work but i feel like exalt is lacking. A basic gened dragon should never exalt for the same as a tripple one, and also breeding cool downs should factor into the exalt price.

I would LOOOVE to know if there are any plans about this. Players been wanting an exalt overhaul for quite some time now

Thanks in advance and thanks for your hard work

A system that awards more for certain breeds and genes across the board every day is unlikely to happen. This is because if players know that Crystal/Shimmer/Circuit/Coatl are worth the most, that is all that they will breed for. Allowing all breeds, colors, and genes to have equal value in exalting allows players to breed for what they like best without penalty. If they'd like to earn more, there's the daily exalt bonus criteria or they can level them via Coliseum - Dragons that are higher level award more treasure when exalted!

Quote:
How did the new mods get their avatars? Was it chosen or assigned?

Chosen.

Quote:
Why are there extra dragons in Shadowbinder and Lightweaver's lairs? I really don't want to assume there's a mod or admin using the deity lairs as storage lairs and hoping no one visits their pages, but I'm not sure what the explanation would be otherwise...

Lightweaver ended up with some extra dragons upon account creation by mistake. They became something of a player favorite, so they got to remain in-lair.

Quote:
Do star rarity ratings of items ever get changed? @Azophel over at the Gathering guide thinks amaranth (the food) changed from 2-star to 1-star, and Leafy Moths changed from 3-star to 5-star - is that really the case? If so, was this mentioned in an update, and could future changes like this be mentioned in updates?

If they changed, it was a long time ago. We announce all item changes in the "additional updates" section of our news posts.

Quote:
I vaguely remember a plan for Flight lore. Do you have an estimate as to when it'll come out?

Additional lore is something that we will continue to add throughout the life of the game.

Quote:
Is the new coliseum venue fair game as far as the new skin/accent competition is concerned?

Yes!

Quote:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I started going through the pages to check... but then I gave up. ;-;

Do you guys have any idea about where in Sornieth the Coliseum venues are? Like the Bamboo Falls looks like it could be near the Wind/Water border, and it would be logical if Kelp Beds was a part of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, etc...

Many of the venues exist on borders or uninhabited (by dragon) lands on the main continent. Your guesses are pretty good for which borders and uninhabited lands the venues exist in so far!

Quote:
I was wondering when the Search function will be working for the forums? for example, I know I saw somewhere a thread on commonly used terms or abbreviations but now I can't find that thread. I thought it was a sticky in help or guides, but can't find it. I can continue my question thread I started a bit ago to ask about terms, but first wanted to find that thread I remember seeing a few weeks back. Is there a time-frame on when the search forums function will be up and running?

Search was disabled to help improve peformance. At this moment there is no timeline for when search will be restored, but it is on our to-do list.

Quote:
If dragon is named inappropriately in other language than English, is it something we should report?

Yes. We investigate all names on a case-by-case basis.

Quote:
The fae lore states that their voice is monotone and hard to discern emotion from, since they infer their feelings with their crests. I have two questions:
1. Is their voice high-pitched or deep?
2. Do they still make expressions, or is their face completetly blank as well?

1. They are typically mid to high pitched.
2. Typically blank, though a few have figured out how to mime other dragon's expressions when they want to get a cross-species point across. They're not very good at it though.

Quote:
How many dragons were exalted last week?

Roughly 200,000 dragons were Exalted during the Battle Royale!

Quote:
Is The Arcanist a source of magic, or does he just feed off the energies from around him? If he's like a Fae, does he have only a small reserve of magic, and that's partly why he's a recluse?

He is a source of arcane power, and is able to influence energy around him to take on similar characteristics to his own. The same is true of other gods.

Quote:
Bit of a light, fluffy lore question here.
I believe it was mentioned somewhere (in a Tomo question?) that in addition to the elemental stones in Runestones of the Arcanist, the others all corresponded to dragon breeds. Dare I ask which are associated with which?

The additional stones do not correspond with breeds, though if you would like to headcanon them to do so that is fine!

Quote:
Does level play into the effect exalted dragons have on dominance, or only the quantity of exaltees?

Level plays into it as well!

Quote:
Another lore question: Fae and Guardian lore suggests that dragons have internal stores of magic. Does this only apply to dragons, or can other creatures build up internal stores through meditation that can be used in non-magically-charged or opposing-element areas?

Currently, dragons are unique in their ability to generate and store magic. Some shade-possessed creatures and sentient beings are able to channel the magic of their environment, though this is from external sources.

Quote:
Are light dragons capable of enchanting things to give off light for a period of time without the need to constantly feed them energy so that dragos of other elements can use magically created light without the need to have a light or fire dragon acompany them?

That is possible, though it would not be able to last forever. With time, the light would fade and need to be reenchanted.

Quote:
Can you guys confirm that there will be a primary gene to match seraph or not?

At this time we have no plans for such a gene.

Quote:
I am really curious as to why Ripple and Bar have different rarity values when breeding than their secondary counterparts Current and Daub?

Because they are not in the same zone, having them be equal chance to be passed on is not an issue; we could decide on an individual basis how we wanted them to compete with existing genes for similar zones.

Quote:
Is Marva a Nocturne, or some other breed? c:

Marva likes to remain mysterious.

Quote:
Has the rate of Mimic enemy encounters been reduced compared to earlier in the day? It definitely seems a LOT lower, and I'm not the only person who noticed it.

No reductions happened, though we did add more encounters a couple hours after the event launched!

Quote:
Once the December event is over, will Nocturne eggs and scrolls ever be re-released again? Will they return for next year or will they be like Imperials, available only once and then forever disappearing as far as eggs and scrolls go, and we'll have a new breed for next years event?

The Night of the Nocturne event will return in 2015!

Quote:
Nocturnes lore question:
Just how big are Nocturnes supposed to be?
The encyclopedia says that they have impressive wingspans but the grown up Nocturnes I looked up (Length/Wingspan/Weight) don't sound that big at all.

From the few I looked at, it seams like a lot of Faes are bigger then Nocturnes.

They are larger than fae and spirals, but smaller than other dragon breeds.

(A few of the adult nocturne have shrunk due to the size reduction after breeding bug.)

Quote:
Why are you locking and restarting the threads every 100 pages?

Housekeeping. Links to the previous thread are provided and never disappear, so you can still browser the old threads if you like!
I'd really like an answer to a question I asked in the previous thread, and I know a lot of other players would like one as well: [quote name="nika" date="2014-12-22 09:30:45"]Another Gathering question: do players at each Gathering level have the same chances of getting a Special Chest? They're a one-star item, so according to what we know about Gathering, lower-level people should get more of them because they have fewer one-star items for the RNG to pick from - is that the case? Or do Special Chests use a different mechanism that gives everyone equal chances?[/quote] Additionally: how about festival currency - does that use a special system, or is it a normal one-star item? And, if either holiday currency or Special Chests are a normal one-star item, was it done just because it was easier that way, or was it a deliberate choice to give lower-level players a higher chance? If it was a deliberate choice, what was the reasoning behind it?
I'd really like an answer to a question I asked in the previous thread, and I know a lot of other players would like one as well:
nika wrote on 2014-12-22 09:30:45:
Another Gathering question: do players at each Gathering level have the same chances of getting a Special Chest? They're a one-star item, so according to what we know about Gathering, lower-level people should get more of them because they have fewer one-star items for the RNG to pick from - is that the case? Or do Special Chests use a different mechanism that gives everyone equal chances?

Additionally: how about festival currency - does that use a special system, or is it a normal one-star item?

And, if either holiday currency or Special Chests are a normal one-star item, was it done just because it was easier that way, or was it a deliberate choice to give lower-level players a higher chance? If it was a deliberate choice, what was the reasoning behind it?
Is there any way the Flight Rising staff could implement a system where the items or your money from selling said items goes to your Hoard/on-hand treasure instead of to the PM system? It seems a little silly to have to go open a PM every time I sell a 2.7k Strange Chest. I'm sure it gets really time-consuming for those who sell items to make money constantly, too. Plus, there's already an alert system implemented for when they sell, so the message seems a tad redundant.
...Please?
Is there any way the Flight Rising staff could implement a system where the items or your money from selling said items goes to your Hoard/on-hand treasure instead of to the PM system? It seems a little silly to have to go open a PM every time I sell a 2.7k Strange Chest. I'm sure it gets really time-consuming for those who sell items to make money constantly, too. Plus, there's already an alert system implemented for when they sell, so the message seems a tad redundant.
...Please?
OhP6atX.png
[quote name="nika" date="2014-12-29 11:10:11"]I'd really like an answer to a question I asked in the previous thread, and I know a lot of other players would like one as well: [quote name="nika" date="2014-12-22 09:30:45"]Another Gathering question: do players at each Gathering level have the same chances of getting a Special Chest? They're a one-star item, so according to what we know about Gathering, lower-level people should get more of them because they have fewer one-star items for the RNG to pick from - is that the case? Or do Special Chests use a different mechanism that gives everyone equal chances?[/quote] Additionally: how about festival currency - does that use a special system, or is it a normal one-star item? And, if either holiday currency or Special Chests are a normal one-star item, was it done just because it was easier that way, or was it a deliberate choice to give lower-level players a higher chance? If it was a deliberate choice, what was the reasoning behind it?[/quote] If chests ARE a seperate roll and are added on to the normal turns gathering, that's a problem because one of my digging attempts, I got 2 chests and nothing else. Which means, if they are NOT part of the regular rolls, I effectively rolled for items, got zero, and then rolled for chests and got two. And if you can get zero items at level 25, well then that's a whole nother can of worms isn't it.
nika wrote on 2014-12-29 11:10:11:
I'd really like an answer to a question I asked in the previous thread, and I know a lot of other players would like one as well:
nika wrote on 2014-12-22 09:30:45:
Another Gathering question: do players at each Gathering level have the same chances of getting a Special Chest? They're a one-star item, so according to what we know about Gathering, lower-level people should get more of them because they have fewer one-star items for the RNG to pick from - is that the case? Or do Special Chests use a different mechanism that gives everyone equal chances?

Additionally: how about festival currency - does that use a special system, or is it a normal one-star item?

And, if either holiday currency or Special Chests are a normal one-star item, was it done just because it was easier that way, or was it a deliberate choice to give lower-level players a higher chance? If it was a deliberate choice, what was the reasoning behind it?

If chests ARE a seperate roll and are added on to the normal turns gathering, that's a problem because one of my digging attempts, I got 2 chests and nothing else.
Which means, if they are NOT part of the regular rolls, I effectively rolled for items, got zero, and then rolled for chests and got two.

And if you can get zero items at level 25, well then that's a whole nother can of worms isn't it.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Forget rolling two stacks of chests, I literally rolled one stack of (probably just one) chest a couple days ago.

I think it's pretty clear they didn't put it on the same separate roll as currency, and I'm really curious as to why, and why we've had no response about it whatsoever. I think it must be pretty clear to the administration (unless they have their fingers in their ears) that this disadvantages higher-leveled gatherers for almost no reason?
Forget rolling two stacks of chests, I literally rolled one stack of (probably just one) chest a couple days ago.

I think it's pretty clear they didn't put it on the same separate roll as currency, and I'm really curious as to why, and why we've had no response about it whatsoever. I think it must be pretty clear to the administration (unless they have their fingers in their ears) that this disadvantages higher-leveled gatherers for almost no reason?
__________PDduh6K.png

_— hatchery
__— wishlist
____— tumblr
__V6RpU3i.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19