Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | High School Deities
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 64 65
@Steex oh man i like the idea of eldritch abomanation arcanist. id also like to see what went down with the earthshaker but lets be real im totally drawing eldritch arcanist
@Steex oh man i like the idea of eldritch abomanation arcanist. id also like to see what went down with the earthshaker but lets be real im totally drawing eldritch arcanist
~celestial bodies don't care if you screw up~
@Steex
I mean I guessed right but...

oh.
@Steex
I mean I guessed right but...

oh.
Please add me to the update pinglist! Also, I know plaguebringer already has hair, but I think a bleached hair color to match her original's awesome horns would be soo cool *_* Maybe one day she'll go for a change
Please add me to the update pinglist! Also, I know plaguebringer already has hair, but I think a bleached hair color to match her original's awesome horns would be soo cool *_* Maybe one day she'll go for a change
@Steex

I was having a good day before I read that. Now I'm sad.
@Steex

I was having a good day before I read that. Now I'm sad.
e2V12xK.png
@Steex

no no no nO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

STOP STOP STOP

WHYYYYYY

words cannot express my sadness right now

why you do this

WHY YOU DO THIS
@Steex

no no no nO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

STOP STOP STOP

WHYYYYYY

words cannot express my sadness right now

why you do this

WHY YOU DO THIS
x0CMhAc.png pYAz4OB.png keychainsmallpurple_by_general_ebonrose-d9vbgfs.png zyvrj7C.png
@PhoenixWarlord
Because Steex wants to watch us cry.

now can we please have some happy stuffs
@PhoenixWarlord
Because Steex wants to watch us cry.

now can we please have some happy stuffs
SIjKhX7.png
We need all the happy stuff. In compensation for the sad stuff.
We need all the happy stuff. In compensation for the sad stuff.
@Blizardstar @PhoenixWarlord @Indarus @Valka
If it makes you guys feel better, none of that will actually happen in the fic. It was based on a random dream Ayreria had (having AU dreams is probably a pretty good sign we're too involved in this whole debacle like gosh) and it has little to nothing to do with the actual fic itself. So you're not going to see any of them doing... that. Not likely, anyway.

@Lynchly
Will do, good sir/ma'am! I'll have to take character design suggestions up with my trashm8 Ayreria but I guess can see why getting a few bleached streaks in would look cool. Perhaps sometime later in the storyline? Characterization marches on after all uwu
@Blizardstar @PhoenixWarlord @Indarus @Valka
If it makes you guys feel better, none of that will actually happen in the fic. It was based on a random dream Ayreria had (having AU dreams is probably a pretty good sign we're too involved in this whole debacle like gosh) and it has little to nothing to do with the actual fic itself. So you're not going to see any of them doing... that. Not likely, anyway.

@Lynchly
Will do, good sir/ma'am! I'll have to take character design suggestions up with my trashm8 Ayreria but I guess can see why getting a few bleached streaks in would look cool. Perhaps sometime later in the storyline? Characterization marches on after all uwu
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
My dream seems to have a memetic effect. Steex's descriptions line up near perfectly to what I saw despite I only gave pretty much only one simple sentence describing each character. Anyone do please tell if the Bad End comes to their night as well ^_^

And to make up for any sads you may have received, have a miniature list of doodads that have no relation to each other, and a reminder that I guarantee a happy ending in my main fic.

@sugarfrost @Blizardstar @Upstart @TeaLeafves @PhoenixWarlord @Caelthus @Lionrae @BrightEyedBeast @Valka @dividedAnimus @Indarus @InkSphynx @symphonyofstorms @Lynchly @Steex

Random Actually Fun Facts: Second Edition
  • Don't bring Plaguebringer on camping trips. Or absolutely do, because she packs everything. Splits, medicines, bandages, extra rations, clothes, tents, repellent to every creature known to man, manuals that cover every known plant to man, etc.
  • Plaguebringer likes zombie games and movies. She keeps munitions stashed at home and is trained in various forms of hand-to-hand combat. She also likes aiming for the head when she fights.
  • Flamecaller's mother and grandmother joined forces to know everything about their (grand)daughter and are total smotherers. They have a more mild treatment for Stormcatcher if he ever visits the forge.
  • The Brightshine Carnivale always comes and stays in Sworncliff for at least one week, their time staying must cover July 4th (they have spectacular firework displays), and they abscond in the shadow of darkness on a Saturday night.
  • Lightweaver's favorite animal is the rabbit. Their long ears are adorable.
  • Spitfire was asked to bodyguard Shadowbinder by Swipp when she was younger in the form of a Last Job (he was a retired merc, btw). He's really stealthy and experienced, and she didn't even know he was there until she was jumped one day and Spitfire just came in like a godblessed action hero. He doesn't do that anymore, now that she's older and capable to taking care of herself, but they're close friends and he's like her honorary uncle.
  • Spitfire and Edgar are a gay couple, though nobody really knows that. It's not a secret, it's just nobody asks. Edgar is always roaming town alone in daylight and is friends with many of the teens at the academy, so most assume he's just this single straight guy until they ask him about his status (and that's a really hard question to ask!) And Spitfire is always hidden away, and your relationship status isn't something to advertise in the Forums.
  • Gladekeeper wants to become a nurse as her future career, though Plaguebringer is no doubt better at all this medical business than she is.
  • Police Commissioner Vinter has a little potted barrel cactus on his desk. The cactus, truly the most tsundere of plants.
  • Just imagine Plaguebringer being all kickass with her humongous sword and beating up crooks in the street. Now imagine her being told that she has a doctors appointment because she needs to get her shots and she's like noooOOOOOOOO. Because geez, those things hurt. now remember that the shade as needle-like teeth okay moving on now
  • Whenever Pinkerton collects too much stuff from Kim's hoarding, he just takes some boxes and goes around giving items to anyone who passes by. He also gives some to Swipp because the latter said that he's a trader of everything. Which he is.
  • Lightweaver had a dragon-phase when she was younger. Her fascination isn't too different from Third Age Lightweaver's curiosity of the Second Age. She moved past it by high school, but she's somewhat elated that she's actually a dragon god.
  • I would like to remind everyone about Stormcatcher and his consumption of light yogurt, because I can never get over that and I came up with it back when the Golem Workshop was released. He likes raspberries, by the way.
  • Blue raspberries are real and the flavor was based off of them, but they're not blue.
  • I did say that these have no relation to each other.
  • Despite the popular belief, Earthshaker does not sink in the water like a rock. He is very proficient at floating, thank you very much.
  • When Tomo comes over to visit Earthshaker when he was younger, she would tell him stories of her adventures (details exaggerated for entertainment value). She repeats her stories often, but Earthshaker didn't care because they were fun. She would sometimes pretend to forget parts so Earthshaker could fill them in as a way to know he's paying attention.
  • Tomo and Scribbles, wherever they go, they always find a location where they can dance, whether it's a traditional custom or just a night club in an urban area. Dance party forever!
  • Tomo is 6'7''. She is a giantess, like how???
  • Scribbles is 5'5''. Pretty short, especially compared to Tomo.
  • Reminder that John Jackson (Joxar) wears green glasses. As in, he has four eyes. Because I'm hilarious.
  • When it rains, the water spills around Stormcatcher without touching him, since it counts as "stormy" weather. However, when it hits the floor (or any other surface), it enters Tidelord's domain of water. So If Bossman walks outside in a hurricane, only his shoes will get wet.
  • Tidelord does get wet, but he dries up very quickly, like it puddles itself beneath him and he's perfectly fine.
  • One of the names Stormcatcher's list of games he had played is Dragon Age: Origins. He was a Male Human Noble, and he romanced Leiliana.
  • Magic controlled by humans is derived from faith in the deities, so all Magi were basically priests. The reason why the mage population went into decline late Seocnd Age was because people were becoming more skeptical of the Pillar of the World and used more logic. Beastclan mages have a similar faith system, but they have actual proof of the deities existence (they're right over there), so they can hate them all they want and still have magic powers. Grandpappy is the only mage left in the Fourth Age thanks to his unwavering belief, though his magic is largely weaker compared to in the Second and Third Ages, where there was a center location where worship can be focused (The Pillar). The only trace left of the previous ages is the Barrier of the World, which doesn't have a projection point (it's basically just the sky).
  • The Barrier of the World is not a perfect sphere. It's slightly lumpy and barely models the earthen surface of the planet. Like mountains, including underwater ones, are a bit farther out and canyons are pressed a bit in.
  • Lightweaver is ridiculously photogenic like wow.
  • Likewise, pictures of Shadowbinder, without her acknowledgement, are never exposed enough, regardless of lighting.
  • Arcanist is so reckless and HAVE SOME SENSE.
  • Lightweaver and Arcanist both have high book-smarts and low street-smarts, but Lightweaver has a higher social-smarts than the latter.
  • Principal White is incredibly intelligent and can discuss scholastic stuff with ease. But don't invite her to dinner. Her social-smarts are terrible and everything she says in casual environments are inappropriate to the setting. Based off of an actual principal I know. Not mine though. Don't tell her.
My dream seems to have a memetic effect. Steex's descriptions line up near perfectly to what I saw despite I only gave pretty much only one simple sentence describing each character. Anyone do please tell if the Bad End comes to their night as well ^_^

And to make up for any sads you may have received, have a miniature list of doodads that have no relation to each other, and a reminder that I guarantee a happy ending in my main fic.

@sugarfrost @Blizardstar @Upstart @TeaLeafves @PhoenixWarlord @Caelthus @Lionrae @BrightEyedBeast @Valka @dividedAnimus @Indarus @InkSphynx @symphonyofstorms @Lynchly @Steex

Random Actually Fun Facts: Second Edition
  • Don't bring Plaguebringer on camping trips. Or absolutely do, because she packs everything. Splits, medicines, bandages, extra rations, clothes, tents, repellent to every creature known to man, manuals that cover every known plant to man, etc.
  • Plaguebringer likes zombie games and movies. She keeps munitions stashed at home and is trained in various forms of hand-to-hand combat. She also likes aiming for the head when she fights.
  • Flamecaller's mother and grandmother joined forces to know everything about their (grand)daughter and are total smotherers. They have a more mild treatment for Stormcatcher if he ever visits the forge.
  • The Brightshine Carnivale always comes and stays in Sworncliff for at least one week, their time staying must cover July 4th (they have spectacular firework displays), and they abscond in the shadow of darkness on a Saturday night.
  • Lightweaver's favorite animal is the rabbit. Their long ears are adorable.
  • Spitfire was asked to bodyguard Shadowbinder by Swipp when she was younger in the form of a Last Job (he was a retired merc, btw). He's really stealthy and experienced, and she didn't even know he was there until she was jumped one day and Spitfire just came in like a godblessed action hero. He doesn't do that anymore, now that she's older and capable to taking care of herself, but they're close friends and he's like her honorary uncle.
  • Spitfire and Edgar are a gay couple, though nobody really knows that. It's not a secret, it's just nobody asks. Edgar is always roaming town alone in daylight and is friends with many of the teens at the academy, so most assume he's just this single straight guy until they ask him about his status (and that's a really hard question to ask!) And Spitfire is always hidden away, and your relationship status isn't something to advertise in the Forums.
  • Gladekeeper wants to become a nurse as her future career, though Plaguebringer is no doubt better at all this medical business than she is.
  • Police Commissioner Vinter has a little potted barrel cactus on his desk. The cactus, truly the most tsundere of plants.
  • Just imagine Plaguebringer being all kickass with her humongous sword and beating up crooks in the street. Now imagine her being told that she has a doctors appointment because she needs to get her shots and she's like noooOOOOOOOO. Because geez, those things hurt. now remember that the shade as needle-like teeth okay moving on now
  • Whenever Pinkerton collects too much stuff from Kim's hoarding, he just takes some boxes and goes around giving items to anyone who passes by. He also gives some to Swipp because the latter said that he's a trader of everything. Which he is.
  • Lightweaver had a dragon-phase when she was younger. Her fascination isn't too different from Third Age Lightweaver's curiosity of the Second Age. She moved past it by high school, but she's somewhat elated that she's actually a dragon god.
  • I would like to remind everyone about Stormcatcher and his consumption of light yogurt, because I can never get over that and I came up with it back when the Golem Workshop was released. He likes raspberries, by the way.
  • Blue raspberries are real and the flavor was based off of them, but they're not blue.
  • I did say that these have no relation to each other.
  • Despite the popular belief, Earthshaker does not sink in the water like a rock. He is very proficient at floating, thank you very much.
  • When Tomo comes over to visit Earthshaker when he was younger, she would tell him stories of her adventures (details exaggerated for entertainment value). She repeats her stories often, but Earthshaker didn't care because they were fun. She would sometimes pretend to forget parts so Earthshaker could fill them in as a way to know he's paying attention.
  • Tomo and Scribbles, wherever they go, they always find a location where they can dance, whether it's a traditional custom or just a night club in an urban area. Dance party forever!
  • Tomo is 6'7''. She is a giantess, like how???
  • Scribbles is 5'5''. Pretty short, especially compared to Tomo.
  • Reminder that John Jackson (Joxar) wears green glasses. As in, he has four eyes. Because I'm hilarious.
  • When it rains, the water spills around Stormcatcher without touching him, since it counts as "stormy" weather. However, when it hits the floor (or any other surface), it enters Tidelord's domain of water. So If Bossman walks outside in a hurricane, only his shoes will get wet.
  • Tidelord does get wet, but he dries up very quickly, like it puddles itself beneath him and he's perfectly fine.
  • One of the names Stormcatcher's list of games he had played is Dragon Age: Origins. He was a Male Human Noble, and he romanced Leiliana.
  • Magic controlled by humans is derived from faith in the deities, so all Magi were basically priests. The reason why the mage population went into decline late Seocnd Age was because people were becoming more skeptical of the Pillar of the World and used more logic. Beastclan mages have a similar faith system, but they have actual proof of the deities existence (they're right over there), so they can hate them all they want and still have magic powers. Grandpappy is the only mage left in the Fourth Age thanks to his unwavering belief, though his magic is largely weaker compared to in the Second and Third Ages, where there was a center location where worship can be focused (The Pillar). The only trace left of the previous ages is the Barrier of the World, which doesn't have a projection point (it's basically just the sky).
  • The Barrier of the World is not a perfect sphere. It's slightly lumpy and barely models the earthen surface of the planet. Like mountains, including underwater ones, are a bit farther out and canyons are pressed a bit in.
  • Lightweaver is ridiculously photogenic like wow.
  • Likewise, pictures of Shadowbinder, without her acknowledgement, are never exposed enough, regardless of lighting.
  • Arcanist is so reckless and HAVE SOME SENSE.
  • Lightweaver and Arcanist both have high book-smarts and low street-smarts, but Lightweaver has a higher social-smarts than the latter.
  • Principal White is incredibly intelligent and can discuss scholastic stuff with ease. But don't invite her to dinner. Her social-smarts are terrible and everything she says in casual environments are inappropriate to the setting. Based off of an actual principal I know. Not mine though. Don't tell her.
xR7ErnV.pngW6y8rmh.pngNr0CWta.png
@Ayreria You said dies instead of dries in the fact about Tidelord. I thought these were meant to be fun.

"dies very quickly" no tidelord no
@Ayreria You said dies instead of dries in the fact about Tidelord. I thought these were meant to be fun.

"dies very quickly" no tidelord no
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 64 65