Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | High School Deities
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 64 65
@sugarfrost @Ayreria @Blizardstar @Upstart @TeaLeafves @PhoenixWarlord @Caelthus @Lionrae @BrightEyedBeast @Valka @dividedAnimus @Indarus @InkSphynx @symphonyofstorms

Here I present to you your daily dose of Tastes Like Diabetes, featuring Archie and Windsock. Told ya I can do cute stuff without making it depressing too!
@sugarfrost @Ayreria @Blizardstar @Upstart @TeaLeafves @PhoenixWarlord @Caelthus @Lionrae @BrightEyedBeast @Valka @dividedAnimus @Indarus @InkSphynx @symphonyofstorms

Here I present to you your daily dose of Tastes Like Diabetes, featuring Archie and Windsock. Told ya I can do cute stuff without making it depressing too!
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@Steex This thread is making me ship Arcanist and Windsinger so hard. I didn't even think this would be a good pairing before this thread.

Edit: Also, do the areas that are suspiciously named after the deities' areas have any significance? Because I have a potentially stupid idea about that.
@Steex This thread is making me ship Arcanist and Windsinger so hard. I didn't even think this would be a good pairing before this thread.

Edit: Also, do the areas that are suspiciously named after the deities' areas have any significance? Because I have a potentially stupid idea about that.
@Indarus
*drags everyone down the filthy shipper mud* NO REGRETS

EDIT: With world building, you'll have to take it up on Ayreria or sugarfrost. I'm more of a personality + psyche building kind of person XP I'm interested to know what you have in mind though! It's okay if you wanna spill everything out now :DD
@Indarus
*drags everyone down the filthy shipper mud* NO REGRETS

EDIT: With world building, you'll have to take it up on Ayreria or sugarfrost. I'm more of a personality + psyche building kind of person XP I'm interested to know what you have in mind though! It's okay if you wanna spill everything out now :DD
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@Indarus
All the locations I've named are after/based on Sornieth places/ideas. I intend to write the fanfiction to be able to be read by people with little knowledge of Flight Rising lore beforehand and still make sense, so the names of the locations are more of bonuses for regular players.

If the location is named after a domain, you can expect that the deities are somehow related to it. For example, Gladekeeper has Everbloom as her favorite restaurant, Shadowbinder visits the Driftwood Drag as a meeting place, and Lightweaver and her friends used to play at the Radiant Eye Beacon when she was younger. Now the lighthouse serves as her get-away place for when she wants to be alone.
@Indarus
All the locations I've named are after/based on Sornieth places/ideas. I intend to write the fanfiction to be able to be read by people with little knowledge of Flight Rising lore beforehand and still make sense, so the names of the locations are more of bonuses for regular players.

If the location is named after a domain, you can expect that the deities are somehow related to it. For example, Gladekeeper has Everbloom as her favorite restaurant, Shadowbinder visits the Driftwood Drag as a meeting place, and Lightweaver and her friends used to play at the Radiant Eye Beacon when she was younger. Now the lighthouse serves as her get-away place for when she wants to be alone.
xR7ErnV.pngW6y8rmh.pngNr0CWta.png
@Ayreria Ah, alright. I was thinking of something along the lines of the deities leaving their 'gifts' to themselves there (which disregards the fact that one person would be guarding it) which made it a sacred place (no going bankrupt, no tearing it down to make new property over it, etc) and nobody would dare mess with it.
Of course, this would attract the Shade, but I suppose not as much as it would if it was all 11 weapons in one place, but the deities' magic would still take a while to chew through, so as soon as the deities learn that they're dragons, they'd have to go to their respective 'sacred' areas and find these weapons that are under attack by the Shade (with the exclusion of the Earthshaker's artifact, I believe).
Of course, this kind of contradicts some of the stuff y'all thought up of, but I still thought it would be a fun idea to share. And it would give an adventuring feel if they went in pairs or threes to get such artifacts (but long to write about).
I doubt this will actually be considered but still wanted to share it.
@Ayreria Ah, alright. I was thinking of something along the lines of the deities leaving their 'gifts' to themselves there (which disregards the fact that one person would be guarding it) which made it a sacred place (no going bankrupt, no tearing it down to make new property over it, etc) and nobody would dare mess with it.
Of course, this would attract the Shade, but I suppose not as much as it would if it was all 11 weapons in one place, but the deities' magic would still take a while to chew through, so as soon as the deities learn that they're dragons, they'd have to go to their respective 'sacred' areas and find these weapons that are under attack by the Shade (with the exclusion of the Earthshaker's artifact, I believe).
Of course, this kind of contradicts some of the stuff y'all thought up of, but I still thought it would be a fun idea to share. And it would give an adventuring feel if they went in pairs or threes to get such artifacts (but long to write about).
I doubt this will actually be considered but still wanted to share it.
@Indarus
It certainly made for an interesting idea! Although we did establish that grandpappy Castor held onto all those things in his hyperspace satchel, giving the locations more than a mere etymological connection to the deities is quite a nice touch uwu
@Indarus
It certainly made for an interesting idea! Although we did establish that grandpappy Castor held onto all those things in his hyperspace satchel, giving the locations more than a mere etymological connection to the deities is quite a nice touch uwu
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@sugarfrost @Blizardstar @Upstart @TeaLeafves @PhoenixWarlord @Caelthus @Lionrae @BrightEyedBeast @Valka @dividedAnimus @Indarus @InkSphynx @symphonyofstorms

Stuff about the deities' parents
Because, hey, they're still human, so they have to be born somehow, right?

Windsinger's father, Winston Sky, is a famous actor of Native American descent, whereas his mother, Feng Yun, is a Chinese singer who also does film work. Their love was born out of Romance On the Set and they love their only son very much. They're super busy but they always make sure their son knows they love him by coming home on important events and holidays, job demands be damned.

Tidelord's father, Michael Ward, is a mix-European marine biologist. His mother, Caroline Johnson, is an oceanographer native to Hawaii. They met each other at a marine life convention and kept in touch before finally deciding to get married. They're one of those always-honeymoon couples, and they first conceived their son for the perceived joy of having a child, but soon found they couldn't keep up with taking care of him and dealing with their increasingly demanding job (especially with the new tech they're working on). Eventually they found it was easier to shrug him off with money and never really understood that he just wanted their affection.

Earthshaker's father, Marcus Hamilton, descended straight from the original line of Hamiltons while his mother, Mary-Ann White, came from a distant cousin family of the Hamilton's friends, the Dunhoofs. It was a consented arranged marriage that worked out well; unsurprising considering both families' value for tradition. They al led a pretty normal family life until the Shade paid its visit. Yvonne White, Marry-Ann's older sister and WPA's current principal, wasn't present at the party because she hates parties, so she was spared from the massacre.

Flamecaller's parents are both second gen Japanese-Americans. Daddy Hino Nitori is a traveling salesman who comes home on weekends while mommy Sawada Saki and grandma Hino Omiko run the Ashfall Forge with their daughter. They're a very tight-knit family for whom bantering very loudly is the equivalent of daily bonding. It took a while for grandma Omiko to accept her granddaughter's sexual orientation, but she's still family so everything is a-okay. Her parents took her reveal easier because of their Westernized mindset.

Stormcatcher's parents, Victor Price and Oria Walter, were subjected to arranged marriage that did not went well. His father's side was the original founder of Tempest whereas his mother came from a very wealthy uptown family. There was no love in their communion and Stormcatcher was had purely for the purpose of having an heir, hence leaving him in the hands of the Pinkertons while the couple continued to advance Tempest to where it is now, also fully expecting their appointed heir to continue the legacy.

Icewarden's father, Edward Vinter, the Police Commissioner of Sworncliff, is Swede-born with Inuit ancestry. Rona Djerv, his late mother, was a native Swede his father met during one of his early field works. She was involved in a case and was accused in the wrong. At first he helped clear her name out of pity, but eventually they found each other company, started dating, got married, you know the drill. After Rona's death, the family moved to Sworncliff for 'work-related reasons'. Hint: it's actually grandpappy Castor pulling the strings.

Shadowbinder and Ligthweaver's mother, Penelope Karras, is a Greek who used to be an aspiring model before a scandal tore her rep down and took her entire fortune away. Yes, it involved their sorry excuse of a father, but this is as much as I can say without spoiling it too far because it's going to be important later. Stuff about Karrasmom was included in @Ayreria's Random Facts post that I really can't be bothered to permalink to right now :T

Gladekeeper's father, Fabian Lyffe, is an Afro-American widowed immunologist whose wife died in a fatal car crash. Plaguebringer's mother, Cordelia Bonebrake, is a Scot-Irish biology teacher at WPA who divorced her ex-husband due to work compatibility reasons. They met when Cordelia went to the local hospital to conduct lesson plan research. The two of them can be quite busy, Fabian more so than his wife, but they're always home for dinner unless the former gets an emergency call.

Arcanist's mother, Flora Castor, was an orphan of unknown origins adopted by grandpa Castor. His father, Egan Starr, came from the nearby city of Heirston. The two met during high school (at WPA no less!) and got married a few years after they graduated from university. His father's side disowned him for wanting to marry an orphan and choosing to be an inventor: a job that does not offer stable pay. They managed to pull through even with the birth of their son. And then the shooting star happened. Thanks Arcanist.
@sugarfrost @Blizardstar @Upstart @TeaLeafves @PhoenixWarlord @Caelthus @Lionrae @BrightEyedBeast @Valka @dividedAnimus @Indarus @InkSphynx @symphonyofstorms

Stuff about the deities' parents
Because, hey, they're still human, so they have to be born somehow, right?

Windsinger's father, Winston Sky, is a famous actor of Native American descent, whereas his mother, Feng Yun, is a Chinese singer who also does film work. Their love was born out of Romance On the Set and they love their only son very much. They're super busy but they always make sure their son knows they love him by coming home on important events and holidays, job demands be damned.

Tidelord's father, Michael Ward, is a mix-European marine biologist. His mother, Caroline Johnson, is an oceanographer native to Hawaii. They met each other at a marine life convention and kept in touch before finally deciding to get married. They're one of those always-honeymoon couples, and they first conceived their son for the perceived joy of having a child, but soon found they couldn't keep up with taking care of him and dealing with their increasingly demanding job (especially with the new tech they're working on). Eventually they found it was easier to shrug him off with money and never really understood that he just wanted their affection.

Earthshaker's father, Marcus Hamilton, descended straight from the original line of Hamiltons while his mother, Mary-Ann White, came from a distant cousin family of the Hamilton's friends, the Dunhoofs. It was a consented arranged marriage that worked out well; unsurprising considering both families' value for tradition. They al led a pretty normal family life until the Shade paid its visit. Yvonne White, Marry-Ann's older sister and WPA's current principal, wasn't present at the party because she hates parties, so she was spared from the massacre.

Flamecaller's parents are both second gen Japanese-Americans. Daddy Hino Nitori is a traveling salesman who comes home on weekends while mommy Sawada Saki and grandma Hino Omiko run the Ashfall Forge with their daughter. They're a very tight-knit family for whom bantering very loudly is the equivalent of daily bonding. It took a while for grandma Omiko to accept her granddaughter's sexual orientation, but she's still family so everything is a-okay. Her parents took her reveal easier because of their Westernized mindset.

Stormcatcher's parents, Victor Price and Oria Walter, were subjected to arranged marriage that did not went well. His father's side was the original founder of Tempest whereas his mother came from a very wealthy uptown family. There was no love in their communion and Stormcatcher was had purely for the purpose of having an heir, hence leaving him in the hands of the Pinkertons while the couple continued to advance Tempest to where it is now, also fully expecting their appointed heir to continue the legacy.

Icewarden's father, Edward Vinter, the Police Commissioner of Sworncliff, is Swede-born with Inuit ancestry. Rona Djerv, his late mother, was a native Swede his father met during one of his early field works. She was involved in a case and was accused in the wrong. At first he helped clear her name out of pity, but eventually they found each other company, started dating, got married, you know the drill. After Rona's death, the family moved to Sworncliff for 'work-related reasons'. Hint: it's actually grandpappy Castor pulling the strings.

Shadowbinder and Ligthweaver's mother, Penelope Karras, is a Greek who used to be an aspiring model before a scandal tore her rep down and took her entire fortune away. Yes, it involved their sorry excuse of a father, but this is as much as I can say without spoiling it too far because it's going to be important later. Stuff about Karrasmom was included in @Ayreria's Random Facts post that I really can't be bothered to permalink to right now :T

Gladekeeper's father, Fabian Lyffe, is an Afro-American widowed immunologist whose wife died in a fatal car crash. Plaguebringer's mother, Cordelia Bonebrake, is a Scot-Irish biology teacher at WPA who divorced her ex-husband due to work compatibility reasons. They met when Cordelia went to the local hospital to conduct lesson plan research. The two of them can be quite busy, Fabian more so than his wife, but they're always home for dinner unless the former gets an emergency call.

Arcanist's mother, Flora Castor, was an orphan of unknown origins adopted by grandpa Castor. His father, Egan Starr, came from the nearby city of Heirston. The two met during high school (at WPA no less!) and got married a few years after they graduated from university. His father's side disowned him for wanting to marry an orphan and choosing to be an inventor: a job that does not offer stable pay. They managed to pull through even with the birth of their son. And then the shooting star happened. Thanks Arcanist.
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
Mental Health? (sort of)
Since mental health in itself is something very complicated to calculate, we're going to do a generalized interpretation based on this scale that you won't find anywhere on the internet but here. It's totally credible. Totally.

Scale #1 - Like Prof. X
  • Flamecaller: Happiest out of all deities. Super optimistic and energetic.
  • Lightweaver: Full of herself, and rightfully so. She's smart, ya know.
  • Gladekeeper: See Mather, bumped down on the happy scale a bit.
  • Plaguebringer: Happy with everything except Gladey being her stepsister.
  • Windsinger: See Mather, also bumped down on the happy scale a bit. Sometimes self-deprecates but in a completely funny way.

Scale #2 - Okay
  • Icewarden: Nicely balanced out. His mother's death left him a bit sullen, is all.

Scale #3 - Less Okay
  • Shadowbinder: You can't deal with the Forum without sacrificing something.
  • Arcanist: Denial denial denial DENIAL.

Scale #4 - Not Okay Not At All Nope
  • Stormcatcher: Self-deprecates inwardly, and not in a funny way. You get a pretty crappy outlook on life if you know you can drop dead literally any second and is made painfully (literally) aware of it by the state of your own body.

Scale #5 - F'in Terribad
  • Earthshaker: Well how did you expect him to be after the massacre of his entire family minus one and then some of the neighbors and guests?
  • Tidelord: Your therapy sucks butt, buddy.

Scale #6 - Bye
  • Nobody.... yet :D

As a side note, @Ayreria and I have agreed that there are too many people on scale #1. This means you can expect some bumping down along the story, so look forward to that ^^

Also? Scale #7 exists. Yes, it will show up later :)
Mental Health? (sort of)
Since mental health in itself is something very complicated to calculate, we're going to do a generalized interpretation based on this scale that you won't find anywhere on the internet but here. It's totally credible. Totally.

Scale #1 - Like Prof. X
  • Flamecaller: Happiest out of all deities. Super optimistic and energetic.
  • Lightweaver: Full of herself, and rightfully so. She's smart, ya know.
  • Gladekeeper: See Mather, bumped down on the happy scale a bit.
  • Plaguebringer: Happy with everything except Gladey being her stepsister.
  • Windsinger: See Mather, also bumped down on the happy scale a bit. Sometimes self-deprecates but in a completely funny way.

Scale #2 - Okay
  • Icewarden: Nicely balanced out. His mother's death left him a bit sullen, is all.

Scale #3 - Less Okay
  • Shadowbinder: You can't deal with the Forum without sacrificing something.
  • Arcanist: Denial denial denial DENIAL.

Scale #4 - Not Okay Not At All Nope
  • Stormcatcher: Self-deprecates inwardly, and not in a funny way. You get a pretty crappy outlook on life if you know you can drop dead literally any second and is made painfully (literally) aware of it by the state of your own body.

Scale #5 - F'in Terribad
  • Earthshaker: Well how did you expect him to be after the massacre of his entire family minus one and then some of the neighbors and guests?
  • Tidelord: Your therapy sucks butt, buddy.

Scale #6 - Bye
  • Nobody.... yet :D

As a side note, @Ayreria and I have agreed that there are too many people on scale #1. This means you can expect some bumping down along the story, so look forward to that ^^

Also? Scale #7 exists. Yes, it will show up later :)
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@Steex
First of all, I was having a good day before this happened.

Second of all, just wondering-when you say Professor X, you mean from X-men, right? Charles Xavier? 'Cuz his life is almost as messed up as Magneto's.
@Steex
First of all, I was having a good day before this happened.

Second of all, just wondering-when you say Professor X, you mean from X-men, right? Charles Xavier? 'Cuz his life is almost as messed up as Magneto's.
x0CMhAc.png pYAz4OB.png keychainsmallpurple_by_general_ebonrose-d9vbgfs.png zyvrj7C.png
@Steex aah nice! (or not nice, depending on who you're looking at...) Are you thinking of maybe headcanoning them with other mental health things? (like i headcanon the arcanist on the autism spectrum somewhere, but that's me) Also, can I ask what the Arcanist is in denial about specifically on that scale? Since I presume this is before the proverbial fan gets hit with the shade etc.
@Steex aah nice! (or not nice, depending on who you're looking at...) Are you thinking of maybe headcanoning them with other mental health things? (like i headcanon the arcanist on the autism spectrum somewhere, but that's me) Also, can I ask what the Arcanist is in denial about specifically on that scale? Since I presume this is before the proverbial fan gets hit with the shade etc.
~celestial bodies don't care if you screw up~
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 64 65