Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | High School Deities
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 64 65
@LostUmbreon
Unfortunately, Fuzzylegs isn't particularly tall, has blue eyes, IS General Winter, and is a Grade A Tsundere. Not much Russia here, folks.
@LostUmbreon
Unfortunately, Fuzzylegs isn't particularly tall, has blue eyes, IS General Winter, and is a Grade A Tsundere. Not much Russia here, folks.
xR7ErnV.pngW6y8rmh.pngNr0CWta.png
@PhoenixWarlord
ZELDA LIGHT ARROWS YES.
And shame on me. How could I have forgotten something so important.

@Ayreria
Yes, that could probably be it. I shall admit to being a sweet tooth and liking jam on toast (or even better: jam on butter on toast). Still, I try to stay away from it since it's not exactly healthy ^^" It is a very sugary breakfast that I can totally see Icy eating, with his penchant for sweetness ;3 Still, lingonberry jam is used more in proper meals (meatballs, potatoes, brown sauce and lingonberry jam, for example) than as an actual jam. It's weird like that. Maybe he can like cloudberry jam on his knäckebröd instead? Those are also quite Swedish, and make for normal (and vary tasty!) jam.

Hmm... now that you say it, it probably is too bitter. He's probably more of a tea person. Chai tea. With milk and lots and lots of honey.

I'll hang on to it! And yeah, I know that the bears aren't actually connected to the shade - just my brain making strange associations :P (I still think that it's hilarious that the Plague bear got a Nature copy, by the way.) Still, the strange association gave birth to a usable idea, sooo...
@PhoenixWarlord
ZELDA LIGHT ARROWS YES.
And shame on me. How could I have forgotten something so important.

@Ayreria
Yes, that could probably be it. I shall admit to being a sweet tooth and liking jam on toast (or even better: jam on butter on toast). Still, I try to stay away from it since it's not exactly healthy ^^" It is a very sugary breakfast that I can totally see Icy eating, with his penchant for sweetness ;3 Still, lingonberry jam is used more in proper meals (meatballs, potatoes, brown sauce and lingonberry jam, for example) than as an actual jam. It's weird like that. Maybe he can like cloudberry jam on his knäckebröd instead? Those are also quite Swedish, and make for normal (and vary tasty!) jam.

Hmm... now that you say it, it probably is too bitter. He's probably more of a tea person. Chai tea. With milk and lots and lots of honey.

I'll hang on to it! And yeah, I know that the bears aren't actually connected to the shade - just my brain making strange associations :P (I still think that it's hilarious that the Plague bear got a Nature copy, by the way.) Still, the strange association gave birth to a usable idea, sooo...
image0-2.png
@Seadevil
Oh my god yes thank you actual Swede I can consult. As Ayreria has said, Icey's has a Sweet Tooth taken Up To Eleven. He's tried coffee once but no matter how much sugar or milk or honey he adds the bitter aftertaste always makes him go ick. And yes, cloudberry jam and overly-sweetened Chai tea are absolutely acceptable.

And I'm glad you like my art and writing, really. Thanks a lot! ^_^

@Dolorosa
First of all your name gives me so much Homestuck feels I'm trash. Welcome to the thread, and we hope you'll enjoy all the random stuff we'll be pumping out. Feel free to drop in some ideas of your own too! We're always open to discussions (since this is, after all, a discussion thread).

@LostUmbreon
Well, personality and height ignored, the looks are definitely not that far off XD

@PhoenixWarlord
Zelda light arrows yaaaas
And of course FALCON PUUUUUUUNCH
@Seadevil
Oh my god yes thank you actual Swede I can consult. As Ayreria has said, Icey's has a Sweet Tooth taken Up To Eleven. He's tried coffee once but no matter how much sugar or milk or honey he adds the bitter aftertaste always makes him go ick. And yes, cloudberry jam and overly-sweetened Chai tea are absolutely acceptable.

And I'm glad you like my art and writing, really. Thanks a lot! ^_^

@Dolorosa
First of all your name gives me so much Homestuck feels I'm trash. Welcome to the thread, and we hope you'll enjoy all the random stuff we'll be pumping out. Feel free to drop in some ideas of your own too! We're always open to discussions (since this is, after all, a discussion thread).

@LostUmbreon
Well, personality and height ignored, the looks are definitely not that far off XD

@PhoenixWarlord
Zelda light arrows yaaaas
And of course FALCON PUUUUUUUNCH
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@Steex XD You're welcome, I guess? ...now I'm furiously trying to think up typically Swedish sweet things. Hmmm... Chocolate. Definitely chocolate. Marabou is ours. Oh, and... *blinks* Huh. I don't know its name in English (but it probably has one - this can't possibly be isolated to Sweden, even if we are pretty crazy about it), but in Swedish it's "Lösgodis" which means "loose candy". Basically, it's "take a paper bag and stuff it full with only the candies you like the best and then pay depending on how much it weighs". The place you take the candies from usually looks something like this: [img]http://www.designpsykologi.se/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/l%C3%B6sgodis.jpg[/img] But you can just google "lösgodis", really. I don't know quite how to fit this into the AU, though. I can just imagine how happy Icy would be (even if he'd probably try to hide it) if someone gave him a bag and let him loose in one of those places, telling him that he could get as much as he wanted. Yeesssss. It would be adorable. Imagine it to be his birthday present from Glitters or something. (Because I imagine that she'd like it, too, due to all the colours - almost like a glitter explosion! But tastier. Yes.) He would be so happy. Even if he denies it. And then there's the ice cream. But you already went over that. Lots and lots and [i]lots[/i] of ice cream. It's a Scandinavian thing, really. You can [url=http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/slideshow/2012/09/26/5-countries-that-eat-most-ice/#slide=2]check this out[/url] if you doubt me. Denmark, Sweden and Norway are the 5th, 4th and 3rd most ice cream eating countries in the world, respectively. Only Australia and the U.S have a higher ice cream consumption than we. I think it's because we eat it in the summer because we can't stand the heat, being as used to the cold as we are, and then we eat it in the winter to remind ourselves of the summer and that it won't always be dark and cold. Yep, that sounds about right. I'll be back if I come up with anything else~
@Steex
XD You're welcome, I guess?
...now I'm furiously trying to think up typically Swedish sweet things. Hmmm...

Chocolate. Definitely chocolate. Marabou is ours.

Oh, and... *blinks* Huh. I don't know its name in English (but it probably has one - this can't possibly be isolated to Sweden, even if we are pretty crazy about it), but in Swedish it's "Lösgodis" which means "loose candy". Basically, it's "take a paper bag and stuff it full with only the candies you like the best and then pay depending on how much it weighs". The place you take the candies from usually looks something like this:

l%C3%B6sgodis.jpg

But you can just google "lösgodis", really.
I don't know quite how to fit this into the AU, though.
I can just imagine how happy Icy would be (even if he'd probably try to hide it) if someone gave him a bag and let him loose in one of those places, telling him that he could get as much as he wanted. Yeesssss. It would be adorable. Imagine it to be his birthday present from Glitters or something. (Because I imagine that she'd like it, too, due to all the colours - almost like a glitter explosion! But tastier. Yes.) He would be so happy. Even if he denies it.

And then there's the ice cream. But you already went over that. Lots and lots and lots of ice cream. It's a Scandinavian thing, really. You can check this out if you doubt me. Denmark, Sweden and Norway are the 5th, 4th and 3rd most ice cream eating countries in the world, respectively. Only Australia and the U.S have a higher ice cream consumption than we.
I think it's because we eat it in the summer because we can't stand the heat, being as used to the cold as we are, and then we eat it in the winter to remind ourselves of the summer and that it won't always be dark and cold.
Yep, that sounds about right.

I'll be back if I come up with anything else~
image0-2.png
@Seadevil
Omg we actually have a lot of our own lösgodis here (no I'm not American :Y). And not just for candy. Like, for pretty much everything. Dry snacks, pickles, fruits, even stationery! I'm actually happy to know that there's stuff like these too out there X3
@Seadevil
Omg we actually have a lot of our own lösgodis here (no I'm not American :Y). And not just for candy. Like, for pretty much everything. Dry snacks, pickles, fruits, even stationery! I'm actually happy to know that there's stuff like these too out there X3
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@Steex
Well, it's a brilliant idea, so it's no wonder that it's wandered out into other fields ;) (It didn't even start with candy in the first place, but candy is amazing so shhhhhh...)

Delicious sidetracks aside, though, I have some questions:
(Pinging @Ayreria and @sugarfrost for this, as they might have some answers if no-one else does :P)

Are the deities' pets truly pets, or are they more like familiars? Smarter, bigger, stronger and more long-lived than their kindred? Maybe tied to their owners' magical energies so that the animals won't die until the humans/dragons/gods do? Have they taken up any magical powers from this hypothetical magical bond? Will they do so once the deities "awaken"? Do they have funky fur/feather/skin/shell colours? (I know Mather's ferret was dyed orange, unless I am misremembering something, but other than that?) Are their eyes altered to match the element-eyes of their masters and mistressess?

In other words: There have been hints that their pets aren't entirely normal, but how far does this abnormalness go, and how did it get there?
@Steex
Well, it's a brilliant idea, so it's no wonder that it's wandered out into other fields ;) (It didn't even start with candy in the first place, but candy is amazing so shhhhhh...)

Delicious sidetracks aside, though, I have some questions:
(Pinging @Ayreria and @sugarfrost for this, as they might have some answers if no-one else does :P)

Are the deities' pets truly pets, or are they more like familiars? Smarter, bigger, stronger and more long-lived than their kindred? Maybe tied to their owners' magical energies so that the animals won't die until the humans/dragons/gods do? Have they taken up any magical powers from this hypothetical magical bond? Will they do so once the deities "awaken"? Do they have funky fur/feather/skin/shell colours? (I know Mather's ferret was dyed orange, unless I am misremembering something, but other than that?) Are their eyes altered to match the element-eyes of their masters and mistressess?

In other words: There have been hints that their pets aren't entirely normal, but how far does this abnormalness go, and how did it get there?
image0-2.png
@Seadevil
We have shops like those here, but I've never been to one. We just call them candy shops, because that's what they are. Mostly found in urban areas or in malls, where specialization is a thing.

They're normal animals, for the most part, but they've been altered a bit the longer they've spent with their deity. If you haven't noticed, the deities have passive reality-warping abilities, like Shady's luck or Archie's... whatever. Their draconic counterparts are slightly imposed on them, so they live longer (but will die), are smarter, and adopt similar personalities.

The oldest, in terms of time with their owner, "pet" is Imp the Bengal Cat, who is far more quiet and stuffy compared to the normal wild cat. It's rather large, always tries to be useful (like not sit on your laptop) (not like Glitters has one). Also, it. Just. Doesn't. Die. Run over by car? Just let it stretch a bit, it's fine. Shot by a bullet? Just a mere flesh wound. Veterinarians just don't understand.

The youngest is Nocturne the Cockatiel. It's mostly a normal bird so far, but it has been gaining a darker coloring from it's original grey/yellow and it acts smarter compared to others. It's also more chatty and mimics more than just songs.
@Seadevil
We have shops like those here, but I've never been to one. We just call them candy shops, because that's what they are. Mostly found in urban areas or in malls, where specialization is a thing.

They're normal animals, for the most part, but they've been altered a bit the longer they've spent with their deity. If you haven't noticed, the deities have passive reality-warping abilities, like Shady's luck or Archie's... whatever. Their draconic counterparts are slightly imposed on them, so they live longer (but will die), are smarter, and adopt similar personalities.

The oldest, in terms of time with their owner, "pet" is Imp the Bengal Cat, who is far more quiet and stuffy compared to the normal wild cat. It's rather large, always tries to be useful (like not sit on your laptop) (not like Glitters has one). Also, it. Just. Doesn't. Die. Run over by car? Just let it stretch a bit, it's fine. Shot by a bullet? Just a mere flesh wound. Veterinarians just don't understand.

The youngest is Nocturne the Cockatiel. It's mostly a normal bird so far, but it has been gaining a darker coloring from it's original grey/yellow and it acts smarter compared to others. It's also more chatty and mimics more than just songs.
@sugarfrost

Random Fun Facts
Just some things that isn't really a list and more of bits and pieces of information that could mean anything.
  • You are alive, thank the Lightweaver.
  • Tidelord has a huge bean-bag type plushie that looks like some weird spotted rhino-walrus with multiple flippers. You could sit in it, and he sleeps with it along with his dog on one bed.
  • Despite Pinkerton chastising Kim for being a kleptomaniac and her shady activities, he's best friends with Swipp. He may or may not know who he actually is.
  • Kim is infertile and had lost her suitor because of it. This is also why she lives with Pinkerton. She genuinely sees Stormcatcher as her son and often stands by the door whenever he comes home from school and does things like ask how his day was and remind him about his homework.
  • Flamecaller's grandmother spritzes her granddaughter with a water sprayer whenever she does something wrong, like a cat.
  • Adelbert Castor never leaves the Starfall Bookshop. While his amulet protects him from the elements, he's vulnerable to his own physical condition and is incredibly fragile.
  • Tundra really hates onions. They smell nasty.
  • Mather has a crush on Shady. Too bad it is unrequited
  • Arcanist's mother, Flora Castor, wore the pants in her relationship with Egan Starr, his father. This is why he has her surname instead of his.
  • Whenever it's mentioned that Stormcatcher stays up late at night in his lab, what we really mean is that he's at his computer playing League of Legends. He mains Katarina and he's currently Platinum Rank.
  • Shadowbinder has been receiving lessons from Icewarden on knitting. She's decent, but really could use some work.
  • Icewarden resembles mostly his mother. Makes his father sad sometimes.
  • Scott Wainwright, while biologically male, is gender-fluid.
  • Tamara Howards is 4'7''. It's hilarious whenever you meet her in person. She also always have these huge white shades on, so you never see the top part of her face.
  • The current principal of the academy is Yvonne White from a branch of the Dunhoofs.
  • Pearl(catcher) has a penchant of swiping round objects and guarding them in its make-shift nest.
  • No, I do not know what the genders of the pets are.
  • Most of the deities start participating in clubs relating to their weapon for training, like Lightweaver joins the archery team and Shadowbinder tries out fencing.
  • Lightweaver's skin literally glows along with her hair and eyes. They only darken when she sleeps.
  • The only thing that can rival Plaguebringer in eating capacity is her dog.
  • Windsinger and Lightweaver watch anime together, mostly magical girl series.
  • When Tidelrod first entered the swim team, he was dared to stay under the water as long as possible, probably to test his time. When he didn't emerge after five minutes, they all start freaking out and forcibly pulled him out. He got all their respect that day.
  • Tidelord had a normal-ish family life when he was young. Like his parents were around often. They then kinda faded away, leaving him alone. He knows what family-life was like, which is why it hurts more for him compared to Stormcatcher, who never had such attention (but he had his butlers on hand!).
  • Windsinger and Tidelord had an underwater staring contest one time. It was intense.
  • While Shady, Tidepotato, and Fuzzylegs are asexual, Tidelord is biromantic, Icewarden is heteroromantic, and Shadowbinder is grey-aro on the gay side.
  • Glitter and Shady's mom works multiple jobs. One of them is the oldest profession.
  • Shady's hair is dyed. Their father had blonde hair and she really hated that. Glitters doesn't remember what he looked like, and thinks that Shady dyed it because it was cool.
  • Lightweaver, for all her emphasis on maturity, is astraphobic.
  • Earthshaker is not fond of heights. He'd rather stay on the ground, thank you very much. He thinks it would've been nice if he was shorter.
@sugarfrost

Random Fun Facts
Just some things that isn't really a list and more of bits and pieces of information that could mean anything.
  • You are alive, thank the Lightweaver.
  • Tidelord has a huge bean-bag type plushie that looks like some weird spotted rhino-walrus with multiple flippers. You could sit in it, and he sleeps with it along with his dog on one bed.
  • Despite Pinkerton chastising Kim for being a kleptomaniac and her shady activities, he's best friends with Swipp. He may or may not know who he actually is.
  • Kim is infertile and had lost her suitor because of it. This is also why she lives with Pinkerton. She genuinely sees Stormcatcher as her son and often stands by the door whenever he comes home from school and does things like ask how his day was and remind him about his homework.
  • Flamecaller's grandmother spritzes her granddaughter with a water sprayer whenever she does something wrong, like a cat.
  • Adelbert Castor never leaves the Starfall Bookshop. While his amulet protects him from the elements, he's vulnerable to his own physical condition and is incredibly fragile.
  • Tundra really hates onions. They smell nasty.
  • Mather has a crush on Shady. Too bad it is unrequited
  • Arcanist's mother, Flora Castor, wore the pants in her relationship with Egan Starr, his father. This is why he has her surname instead of his.
  • Whenever it's mentioned that Stormcatcher stays up late at night in his lab, what we really mean is that he's at his computer playing League of Legends. He mains Katarina and he's currently Platinum Rank.
  • Shadowbinder has been receiving lessons from Icewarden on knitting. She's decent, but really could use some work.
  • Icewarden resembles mostly his mother. Makes his father sad sometimes.
  • Scott Wainwright, while biologically male, is gender-fluid.
  • Tamara Howards is 4'7''. It's hilarious whenever you meet her in person. She also always have these huge white shades on, so you never see the top part of her face.
  • The current principal of the academy is Yvonne White from a branch of the Dunhoofs.
  • Pearl(catcher) has a penchant of swiping round objects and guarding them in its make-shift nest.
  • No, I do not know what the genders of the pets are.
  • Most of the deities start participating in clubs relating to their weapon for training, like Lightweaver joins the archery team and Shadowbinder tries out fencing.
  • Lightweaver's skin literally glows along with her hair and eyes. They only darken when she sleeps.
  • The only thing that can rival Plaguebringer in eating capacity is her dog.
  • Windsinger and Lightweaver watch anime together, mostly magical girl series.
  • When Tidelrod first entered the swim team, he was dared to stay under the water as long as possible, probably to test his time. When he didn't emerge after five minutes, they all start freaking out and forcibly pulled him out. He got all their respect that day.
  • Tidelord had a normal-ish family life when he was young. Like his parents were around often. They then kinda faded away, leaving him alone. He knows what family-life was like, which is why it hurts more for him compared to Stormcatcher, who never had such attention (but he had his butlers on hand!).
  • Windsinger and Tidelord had an underwater staring contest one time. It was intense.
  • While Shady, Tidepotato, and Fuzzylegs are asexual, Tidelord is biromantic, Icewarden is heteroromantic, and Shadowbinder is grey-aro on the gay side.
  • Glitter and Shady's mom works multiple jobs. One of them is the oldest profession.
  • Shady's hair is dyed. Their father had blonde hair and she really hated that. Glitters doesn't remember what he looked like, and thinks that Shady dyed it because it was cool.
  • Lightweaver, for all her emphasis on maturity, is astraphobic.
  • Earthshaker is not fond of heights. He'd rather stay on the ground, thank you very much. He thinks it would've been nice if he was shorter.
[img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/bbedb79aed0bda0455df47a83a67aa9c/tumblr_njn5532J8L1u4er8io1_540.png[/img] A chart of runes for the High School AU. To use these, mages drew these adjacent to each other or organized them into a shape to be connected with lines. They can be made using any medium, but only a true believer can harness their power. These are not all of them, but they are the most well-known. Find a larger version and their explanations to these on my[url=http://ayreri.tumblr.com/post/110788630571/atm-runestones-of-the-sornieth-magi-a-chart-of] tumblr post[/url], because it is kinda long.
tumblr_njn5532J8L1u4er8io1_540.png

A chart of runes for the High School AU. To use these, mages drew these adjacent to each other or organized them into a shape to be connected with lines. They can be made using any medium, but only a true believer can harness their power. These are not all of them, but they are the most well-known.

Find a larger version and their explanations to these on my tumblr post, because it is kinda long.
@sugarfrost @Ayreria @PhoenixWarlord

I need to stop doing this to Tidepotato and myself *cries*
Bonus: Have a little drabble to go with that picture. Happy Valightine's!

WARNING: Major sadness inbound, double the time if you're familiar with this song.
@sugarfrost @Ayreria @PhoenixWarlord

I need to stop doing this to Tidepotato and myself *cries*
Bonus: Have a little drabble to go with that picture. Happy Valightine's!

WARNING: Major sadness inbound, double the time if you're familiar with this song.
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 64 65