Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | High School Deities
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 64 65
@PhoenixWarlord
No, it forms into a BENGAL TIGER.

Since I started grinning like a maniac, obviously you are on the right track when it comes to making people miserable. Good for you!
(Also, he's a junior, so maybe he's in Pre-Cal or something. Which is worse. Unless people in other school districts have eleventh grade geometry? Idk)
He's probably seeing a shrink with all his dreams, but it's not really helping.
@PhoenixWarlord
No, it forms into a BENGAL TIGER.

Since I started grinning like a maniac, obviously you are on the right track when it comes to making people miserable. Good for you!
(Also, he's a junior, so maybe he's in Pre-Cal or something. Which is worse. Unless people in other school districts have eleventh grade geometry? Idk)
He's probably seeing a shrink with all his dreams, but it's not really helping.
xR7ErnV.pngW6y8rmh.pngNr0CWta.png
Goodness gracious, sorry guys.
For some reason, the Flight Rising forums and my computer don't seem to get along very well. Whenever I receive pings, they redirect to some weird page that doesn't have any content on it; I also don't receive updates from this thread anymore, ugh.
Sorry I've been gone :((((
Goodness gracious, sorry guys.
For some reason, the Flight Rising forums and my computer don't seem to get along very well. Whenever I receive pings, they redirect to some weird page that doesn't have any content on it; I also don't receive updates from this thread anymore, ugh.
Sorry I've been gone :((((
tumblr_inline_nfx5micmyj1r6zydg.png
@Sugarfrost
Never fear! We shall always find a way to give you sad headcanons, even if the website tries it's best to keep you happy.

@Ayreria Yes.
@Sugarfrost
Never fear! We shall always find a way to give you sad headcanons, even if the website tries it's best to keep you happy.

@Ayreria Yes.
x0CMhAc.png pYAz4OB.png keychainsmallpurple_by_general_ebonrose-d9vbgfs.png zyvrj7C.png
@PhoenixWarlord
I DID NOT NEED THAT HEADCANON GODDAMN

@sugarfrost
Shhh it's okay! We'll still be here to make sure you come back to a satisfying number of stupid art and heartbreaking headcanons uwu
@PhoenixWarlord
I DID NOT NEED THAT HEADCANON GODDAMN

@sugarfrost
Shhh it's okay! We'll still be here to make sure you come back to a satisfying number of stupid art and heartbreaking headcanons uwu
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@Steex Now that you feel my pain, the healing can begin.
@Steex Now that you feel my pain, the healing can begin.
x0CMhAc.png pYAz4OB.png keychainsmallpurple_by_general_ebonrose-d9vbgfs.png zyvrj7C.png
@sugarfrost A late ping for Setting Purposes
Just some Stuff of Interest
Some of them are just the union names of the Beastclans, which I spoke about earlier in the thread.

Groups of Interest
  • The Pillar Dragons of World's Pillar Preparatory Academy
    The mascot is a dragon obviously. It kinda looks like a university campus, like with multiple buildings, except it isn't. Primarily funded by the Lyffes and the Prices. Their school colors are red and gold.
  • The Talonok Hawks of the Talonok Institute
    A high school famous for it's athletic program. Also infamous for their black magic club. Primarily funded by the Howards. The rival school of the Pillars, since all schools have a rival (it's really fun) hawkes fighting dragons ahaha Their school colors are blue and white.
  • Tempest Corporations
    The Price company. They make all sort of technological stuff and are totally not Microsoft or Apple. Their most well known products are their cellular phones and computers call Spires so they are tempest spires
  • Kingdom Industries
    The Howard company (AKA the Harpies). Was once a bunch of separate businesses that were united under CEO Tamara Howards. Has its name on a bunch of things. Just what do they do?
  • The Serthis Snakes
    That "gang" of delinquents who think they're like Robin Hood, hating rich folk, but they really aren't. Petty and unorganized. They have separate gangs inside their gangs and the deities usually encounter them fighting each other. Plaguebringer, who had some ties with them, is so glad she left them when she did. They're all idiots, but Sloan and Serena Viper are the brains of their ranks.
  • Kiloflux Architecture
    A architectural company based in Atlanta but have offices around the world. It's just a front, though. Behind the scenes are the Marin, assassins of deadly accuracy and deadlier poisons.

Places of Interest
  • Sworncliff, California
    The town the deities live in. It was originally a place founded for the California Gold Rush, but became a ghost town when it was discovered that the particular area didn't have any gold. It was revived by a man named Duncan Hamilton, who became known as the town founder since the original settlement wasn't really a town. The place was named after the steep cliff Duncan stood on overlooking the area, where he made the promise to bring life back to the settlement.
    And, no, this location does not actually exist. Please don't Google it.
  • The Starfall Bookshop
    The current place of residence of the Arcanist and his grandpappy.
  • The Ashfall Forge
    The current place of residence of the Flamecaller and her family. Arcanist finds it kinda funny how similar the names of the two locations are.
  • Focal Point Observatory
    The hill the building is at is more of Focal Point now since the observatory is in disrepair. Winds are constantly blowing there.
  • Gem Boutique
    The jewelry and tailoring shop that Pearl owns and where Lightweaver is employed part-time.
  • The Boneyard
    The graveyard. It's not actually named that, it's just that the place is so old (it was part of the original settlement) that the name plate had became illegible. Everyone took to calling it The Boneyard and it just stuck. Even the authorities got too used to calling it that to give it a new name.
    It recently got a large memorial for the lives killed in the Sworncliff Massacre.
  • Home
    The literal name of the Hamilton Manor, though some call it, to avoid confusion, the "Homilton", after the family, or "Dragonhome", after the sick dragon statue in the courtyard.
  • The Forum
    Not exactly a location and more of an idea. What the Sworncliff underworld is referred to sometimes. The area is in the poorer end of town, but the boundaries shift a lot.

Events of Interest
  • The Sworncliff Massacre
    If you live in America, you should know that the death of at least three people in a mass killing is something the news call a massacre for some reason. Not just three people died in this, though. At least thirty known casualties, and many still missing, it happened on Thanksgiving (giving no specific date since what year does this AU take place??? nobody knows) at the Hamilton family reunion. It happened at Home, where not just the Hamiltons but many guests who were friends and in-laws attended. It was a very happy affair but the night ended when a mercenary group, suspected to be the Longneck Mercenaries, came from nowhere and invaded the gathering. Not only were the people attending were killed but the residents of the houses around Home had disappeared as well. There were very few bodies found in the building, but the walls, floors, and ceiling are caked with blood and are littered with unnaturally clean holes.
    Curiously, the event was alerted to the police by a young man named Phineas Ward, a Junior at the World's Pillar Preparatory Academy. He called them from outside the manor after the invasion, afterwards calling his classmate Henry Hamilton, who had been stalled from attending the reunion by his girlfriend Melissa Lyffe, who he had been trying to convince to not follow him to the party (they had been only been dating for a few months!) Ward is seen with suspicion as he had no reason to be in the neighborhood at the time, but nothing points him to being associated with the murdering due to his partly undressed state, carrying nothing but his cellphone and the keys to his convertible. He is named to be the only living witness of the assault other than the sole survivor Tonia Morris, who was found with a concussion and is currently hospitalized.
    While the police are investigating the massacre, Henry Hamilton is currently staying as a guest with Phineas Ward, the latter guilt-ridden for not arriving sooner at the scene. The financial status of the Hamilton is currently unknown at this time. A memorial for the many who are dead and missing has been erected in both the manor courtyard and in the local graveyard, where masses of empty caskets are to be buried.
  • "Twisting Crescendo"
    A blockbuster movie produced by Zephyr Productions, it's a musical about ace pilot Duke Coleman (Winston Sky) and his desire to become a singer. However he must leave the Flight Rising, a never-ending battle between various nations and their flying war machines for dominance of the world. He becomes a deserter with his best friend Jayce Smith (Percival Newton) but is recruited by Final Week, an underground group of veterans, fellow deserters, and many others who want the fighting to end. Here is where he meets Atlanta Lightguard (Feng Yun), the leader of the movement, and they fight for peace of the sky above and the earth below with wings and steel while singing, dancing, and falling in love.
    The movie is known for uniting leading actor and actress Winston Sky and Feng Yun into a real-life romance. The two began dating after the movie was filmed and married a few months later. Most observers believed, like many other celebrity marriages, that it would end in tragedy, but the two were apparently a perfect match. They are now known as Hollywood's Happiest Couple and had a single son together named Alan Sky.
@sugarfrost A late ping for Setting Purposes
Just some Stuff of Interest
Some of them are just the union names of the Beastclans, which I spoke about earlier in the thread.

Groups of Interest
  • The Pillar Dragons of World's Pillar Preparatory Academy
    The mascot is a dragon obviously. It kinda looks like a university campus, like with multiple buildings, except it isn't. Primarily funded by the Lyffes and the Prices. Their school colors are red and gold.
  • The Talonok Hawks of the Talonok Institute
    A high school famous for it's athletic program. Also infamous for their black magic club. Primarily funded by the Howards. The rival school of the Pillars, since all schools have a rival (it's really fun) hawkes fighting dragons ahaha Their school colors are blue and white.
  • Tempest Corporations
    The Price company. They make all sort of technological stuff and are totally not Microsoft or Apple. Their most well known products are their cellular phones and computers call Spires so they are tempest spires
  • Kingdom Industries
    The Howard company (AKA the Harpies). Was once a bunch of separate businesses that were united under CEO Tamara Howards. Has its name on a bunch of things. Just what do they do?
  • The Serthis Snakes
    That "gang" of delinquents who think they're like Robin Hood, hating rich folk, but they really aren't. Petty and unorganized. They have separate gangs inside their gangs and the deities usually encounter them fighting each other. Plaguebringer, who had some ties with them, is so glad she left them when she did. They're all idiots, but Sloan and Serena Viper are the brains of their ranks.
  • Kiloflux Architecture
    A architectural company based in Atlanta but have offices around the world. It's just a front, though. Behind the scenes are the Marin, assassins of deadly accuracy and deadlier poisons.

Places of Interest
  • Sworncliff, California
    The town the deities live in. It was originally a place founded for the California Gold Rush, but became a ghost town when it was discovered that the particular area didn't have any gold. It was revived by a man named Duncan Hamilton, who became known as the town founder since the original settlement wasn't really a town. The place was named after the steep cliff Duncan stood on overlooking the area, where he made the promise to bring life back to the settlement.
    And, no, this location does not actually exist. Please don't Google it.
  • The Starfall Bookshop
    The current place of residence of the Arcanist and his grandpappy.
  • The Ashfall Forge
    The current place of residence of the Flamecaller and her family. Arcanist finds it kinda funny how similar the names of the two locations are.
  • Focal Point Observatory
    The hill the building is at is more of Focal Point now since the observatory is in disrepair. Winds are constantly blowing there.
  • Gem Boutique
    The jewelry and tailoring shop that Pearl owns and where Lightweaver is employed part-time.
  • The Boneyard
    The graveyard. It's not actually named that, it's just that the place is so old (it was part of the original settlement) that the name plate had became illegible. Everyone took to calling it The Boneyard and it just stuck. Even the authorities got too used to calling it that to give it a new name.
    It recently got a large memorial for the lives killed in the Sworncliff Massacre.
  • Home
    The literal name of the Hamilton Manor, though some call it, to avoid confusion, the "Homilton", after the family, or "Dragonhome", after the sick dragon statue in the courtyard.
  • The Forum
    Not exactly a location and more of an idea. What the Sworncliff underworld is referred to sometimes. The area is in the poorer end of town, but the boundaries shift a lot.

Events of Interest
  • The Sworncliff Massacre
    If you live in America, you should know that the death of at least three people in a mass killing is something the news call a massacre for some reason. Not just three people died in this, though. At least thirty known casualties, and many still missing, it happened on Thanksgiving (giving no specific date since what year does this AU take place??? nobody knows) at the Hamilton family reunion. It happened at Home, where not just the Hamiltons but many guests who were friends and in-laws attended. It was a very happy affair but the night ended when a mercenary group, suspected to be the Longneck Mercenaries, came from nowhere and invaded the gathering. Not only were the people attending were killed but the residents of the houses around Home had disappeared as well. There were very few bodies found in the building, but the walls, floors, and ceiling are caked with blood and are littered with unnaturally clean holes.
    Curiously, the event was alerted to the police by a young man named Phineas Ward, a Junior at the World's Pillar Preparatory Academy. He called them from outside the manor after the invasion, afterwards calling his classmate Henry Hamilton, who had been stalled from attending the reunion by his girlfriend Melissa Lyffe, who he had been trying to convince to not follow him to the party (they had been only been dating for a few months!) Ward is seen with suspicion as he had no reason to be in the neighborhood at the time, but nothing points him to being associated with the murdering due to his partly undressed state, carrying nothing but his cellphone and the keys to his convertible. He is named to be the only living witness of the assault other than the sole survivor Tonia Morris, who was found with a concussion and is currently hospitalized.
    While the police are investigating the massacre, Henry Hamilton is currently staying as a guest with Phineas Ward, the latter guilt-ridden for not arriving sooner at the scene. The financial status of the Hamilton is currently unknown at this time. A memorial for the many who are dead and missing has been erected in both the manor courtyard and in the local graveyard, where masses of empty caskets are to be buried.
  • "Twisting Crescendo"
    A blockbuster movie produced by Zephyr Productions, it's a musical about ace pilot Duke Coleman (Winston Sky) and his desire to become a singer. However he must leave the Flight Rising, a never-ending battle between various nations and their flying war machines for dominance of the world. He becomes a deserter with his best friend Jayce Smith (Percival Newton) but is recruited by Final Week, an underground group of veterans, fellow deserters, and many others who want the fighting to end. Here is where he meets Atlanta Lightguard (Feng Yun), the leader of the movement, and they fight for peace of the sky above and the earth below with wings and steel while singing, dancing, and falling in love.
    The movie is known for uniting leading actor and actress Winston Sky and Feng Yun into a real-life romance. The two began dating after the movie was filmed and married a few months later. Most observers believed, like many other celebrity marriages, that it would end in tragedy, but the two were apparently a perfect match. They are now known as Hollywood's Happiest Couple and had a single son together named Alan Sky.
@Ayreria
Are we just going to try to out-miserable each other with headcanons?
@Ayreria
Are we just going to try to out-miserable each other with headcanons?
@PhoenixWarlord
Nah, this ain't a contest. We must work as a united force to destroy the hopes and dreams of our favorite characters.

And it isn't all sad stuff! I managed to make a happy family thing for once.
@PhoenixWarlord
Nah, this ain't a contest. We must work as a united force to destroy the hopes and dreams of our favorite characters.

And it isn't all sad stuff! I managed to make a happy family thing for once.
@Ladystarry pinging myself because this is amazing and I need to see where it goes.
@Ladystarry pinging myself because this is amazing and I need to see where it goes.
lightvs1.pngplaguevs1.pnglightvs1.png
Tears were liberally shed for the Sworncliff Massacre. Wai u do dis to me.

@Ladystarry yes, welcome to the madness. Depending on how affected you are by sad headcanons and silly stuff, you may want to prepare a bucket or some popcorn.
Tears were liberally shed for the Sworncliff Massacre. Wai u do dis to me.

@Ladystarry yes, welcome to the madness. Depending on how affected you are by sad headcanons and silly stuff, you may want to prepare a bucket or some popcorn.
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 64 65