Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | High School Deities
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 64 65
@PhoenixWarlord
Stormcatcher has more of a posse than a club. Like a group of people who do whatever he says, mostly out of respect or attempting to schmooze.
all hail overlord president stormcatcher

Arcanist less has a fanclub and more that he's in one.
@PhoenixWarlord
Stormcatcher has more of a posse than a club. Like a group of people who do whatever he says, mostly out of respect or attempting to schmooze.
all hail overlord president stormcatcher

Arcanist less has a fanclub and more that he's in one.
xR7ErnV.pngW6y8rmh.pngNr0CWta.png
@Ayreria YES
YES
THE STORMPOSSE

And Arcanist is in Windsinger's fanclub.
@Ayreria YES
YES
THE STORMPOSSE

And Arcanist is in Windsinger's fanclub.
x0CMhAc.png pYAz4OB.png keychainsmallpurple_by_general_ebonrose-d9vbgfs.png zyvrj7C.png
@PhoenixWarlord
Nearly half the school is in Windsinger's fanclub since he's such an attractive guy.
even windsinger is in the windsinger fanclub
@PhoenixWarlord
Nearly half the school is in Windsinger's fanclub since he's such an attractive guy.
even windsinger is in the windsinger fanclub
This thread has been becoming a bit quiet, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. I've been (trying) to write a good formal fanfiction with multiple chapters in my free time for this AU because I love it so much. And no, the first chapter is nowhere near done.

But never mind that!

Lets Talk Weapons!

Remember I mention a while back about "gifts" the deities sent to their future selves? Flamecaller sent forward some bars of Draconic Platinum which she then smithed into some weapons that the deities will fight with. Here is a list what she made that Steex and I discussed:

Windsinger got weapon called a feng huo lun, also known as wind-and-fire wheels. They're bladed rings with a section replaced with a handle, used as melee weapons. Of course, Windsinger can also use his magic to send them flying like chakrams. And he's in the ULTIMATE FRISBEE club, so that helped.

Tidelord uses a spear (as tridents are so impractical and stereotypical). Impale, wash, rinse, repeat. Literal water lance! Also good for fishing and digging holes.

Flamecaller made herself a pair of studded gauntlets for flaming, furious punching that may or may not cause an explosion upon contact to face. Fun stuff.

Earthshaker can control metal, so, under all technicality, he has EVERY WEAPON. He likes to keep it in a form of a hammer for smashing goodness, though. Then there's his Pillar Fragment, but that's more of a ward than a weapon.

Stormcatcher got a collection of various types of knives. Throwing, butterfly, sleeve, they're all there. And, since platinum is such a great conductor, he charges them with electricity and sends them flying. And there's the gadgety things he brings with him, but we're talking about the platinum weapons.

Lightweaver uses a recurve bow. It's strong and has an edge incase of emergency melee, but she's still better off at a distance. She doesn't use physical arrows and instead creates arrows made from light magic. And the arrows automatically aim for the eyes because, you know, that's the light thing.

Shadowbinder duel wields a sabre and an rondel dagger. She primarily is mounted on one of her activated shadow pieces, so she's the cavalry. Just imagine it though, riding into battle on a dragon while slashing away with her sword. Just awesome.

Icewarden got a quarterstaff which he can do all sorts of bashing with. There's a lot of spinning and kicks involved too, since we can't just waste showing off his nice legs.

Gladekeeper has a two-handed double-edged battle axe, for tons of irony. Good for chopping both wood and flesh! She doesn't use it that much differently compared to Plague, but don't tell them that.

Plaguebringer didn't get a platinum weapon since she already got her sweet BFS, AKA The Sword of Pestilence, a two-handed blade made from one of her dragon teeth. Look for it back in the "gift" post if you want any more details on it.

Arcanist didn't get any weapons since he isn't exactly the strongest of people, though his grandfather did give him Sibyl's Tome, which is a prototype spellbook filled with magic theories and various untested rune circles. He's the wizard, so he spends his time casting spells instead of slashing and bashing.
This thread has been becoming a bit quiet, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. I've been (trying) to write a good formal fanfiction with multiple chapters in my free time for this AU because I love it so much. And no, the first chapter is nowhere near done.

But never mind that!

Lets Talk Weapons!

Remember I mention a while back about "gifts" the deities sent to their future selves? Flamecaller sent forward some bars of Draconic Platinum which she then smithed into some weapons that the deities will fight with. Here is a list what she made that Steex and I discussed:

Windsinger got weapon called a feng huo lun, also known as wind-and-fire wheels. They're bladed rings with a section replaced with a handle, used as melee weapons. Of course, Windsinger can also use his magic to send them flying like chakrams. And he's in the ULTIMATE FRISBEE club, so that helped.

Tidelord uses a spear (as tridents are so impractical and stereotypical). Impale, wash, rinse, repeat. Literal water lance! Also good for fishing and digging holes.

Flamecaller made herself a pair of studded gauntlets for flaming, furious punching that may or may not cause an explosion upon contact to face. Fun stuff.

Earthshaker can control metal, so, under all technicality, he has EVERY WEAPON. He likes to keep it in a form of a hammer for smashing goodness, though. Then there's his Pillar Fragment, but that's more of a ward than a weapon.

Stormcatcher got a collection of various types of knives. Throwing, butterfly, sleeve, they're all there. And, since platinum is such a great conductor, he charges them with electricity and sends them flying. And there's the gadgety things he brings with him, but we're talking about the platinum weapons.

Lightweaver uses a recurve bow. It's strong and has an edge incase of emergency melee, but she's still better off at a distance. She doesn't use physical arrows and instead creates arrows made from light magic. And the arrows automatically aim for the eyes because, you know, that's the light thing.

Shadowbinder duel wields a sabre and an rondel dagger. She primarily is mounted on one of her activated shadow pieces, so she's the cavalry. Just imagine it though, riding into battle on a dragon while slashing away with her sword. Just awesome.

Icewarden got a quarterstaff which he can do all sorts of bashing with. There's a lot of spinning and kicks involved too, since we can't just waste showing off his nice legs.

Gladekeeper has a two-handed double-edged battle axe, for tons of irony. Good for chopping both wood and flesh! She doesn't use it that much differently compared to Plague, but don't tell them that.

Plaguebringer didn't get a platinum weapon since she already got her sweet BFS, AKA The Sword of Pestilence, a two-handed blade made from one of her dragon teeth. Look for it back in the "gift" post if you want any more details on it.

Arcanist didn't get any weapons since he isn't exactly the strongest of people, though his grandfather did give him Sibyl's Tome, which is a prototype spellbook filled with magic theories and various untested rune circles. He's the wizard, so he spends his time casting spells instead of slashing and bashing.
@Ayreria That's super cool!
Hey, but can you imagine-
Bring Your Pet to School Day.
Imagine it.
"Why did you bring Wildclaw? He's a demon in a cat skin. He'll scratch everyone."
"You're one to talk. Why'd you bring Mirror? You know his bite infected that kid last year."
"Well, at least Mirror has a leash."
"Hmph. Well at least it's better than that ferreWHY DO YOU HAVE A SNAKE ALAN DON'T YOU KNOW THEY HATE CAPTIVITY"
@Ayreria That's super cool!
Hey, but can you imagine-
Bring Your Pet to School Day.
Imagine it.
"Why did you bring Wildclaw? He's a demon in a cat skin. He'll scratch everyone."
"You're one to talk. Why'd you bring Mirror? You know his bite infected that kid last year."
"Well, at least Mirror has a leash."
"Hmph. Well at least it's better than that ferreWHY DO YOU HAVE A SNAKE ALAN DON'T YOU KNOW THEY HATE CAPTIVITY"
x0CMhAc.png pYAz4OB.png keychainsmallpurple_by_general_ebonrose-d9vbgfs.png zyvrj7C.png
@FireLordAzula Self-ping because I am high school AU trash

I love this so much though. I have such a crush on Windsinger and Flamecaller oops. Also Lightweaver and Icewarden. scratch that I'm in love with everybody

I'm thinking Flamecaller has a crush on Shadowbinder? I don't know if it's reciprocated though..
@FireLordAzula Self-ping because I am high school AU trash

I love this so much though. I have such a crush on Windsinger and Flamecaller oops. Also Lightweaver and Icewarden. scratch that I'm in love with everybody

I'm thinking Flamecaller has a crush on Shadowbinder? I don't know if it's reciprocated though..
forsale.png11921827.png
Once again, long story short, drew the guys in swimsuits to accompany the girl set.

Next art will either feature Shadowbinder knitting or multiple deities with their respective Draconic Platinum weapons. Whichever I end up finishing first.

@FireLordAzula yes, good, welcome to the madness. Feel free to drag your friends here too--after all, the more the better the sacrifices merrier it will be ;D
Once again, long story short, drew the guys in swimsuits to accompany the girl set.

Next art will either feature Shadowbinder knitting or multiple deities with their respective Draconic Platinum weapons. Whichever I end up finishing first.

@FireLordAzula yes, good, welcome to the madness. Feel free to drag your friends here too--after all, the more the better the sacrifices merrier it will be ;D
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@sugarfrost oh gosh i'd love to be pinged for future updates!

re: the deities bring their pets to school

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO LIGHTWEAVER TO BRING AN EMPEROR IN
@sugarfrost oh gosh i'd love to be pinged for future updates!

re: the deities bring their pets to school

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO LIGHTWEAVER TO BRING AN EMPEROR IN
ayy_lmaooo_by_angst_lord-d8gx9wd.png
@gracefulsunshine

In this AU, Imp is a Bengal cat. So yes, she'd want to bring him in along with her parakeet, Pearl. Although the two animals hate each other, so who knows how that'll turn out...
@gracefulsunshine

In this AU, Imp is a Bengal cat. So yes, she'd want to bring him in along with her parakeet, Pearl. Although the two animals hate each other, so who knows how that'll turn out...
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@gracefulsunshine Oh geez. That can't be good.
@Steex THE CORPSES OF ALL THE BENGAL CATS EVER HAVE FUSED TOGETHER TO FORM... AN EMPERCAT

Oh, sad thing. Imagine that the day before Earthshaker's family is killed, Tidepotato falls asleep in math class (he knows he should be paying attention, but geometry. Come on.), and wakes up screaming. Sent to the nurse, he can only say that he has this terrible feeling that someone is going to die. He's crying and he doesn't know why.
The next day, he realizes what his vision meant and runs to the Earthshaker's house.
He's too late.
@gracefulsunshine Oh geez. That can't be good.
@Steex THE CORPSES OF ALL THE BENGAL CATS EVER HAVE FUSED TOGETHER TO FORM... AN EMPERCAT

Oh, sad thing. Imagine that the day before Earthshaker's family is killed, Tidepotato falls asleep in math class (he knows he should be paying attention, but geometry. Come on.), and wakes up screaming. Sent to the nurse, he can only say that he has this terrible feeling that someone is going to die. He's crying and he doesn't know why.
The next day, he realizes what his vision meant and runs to the Earthshaker's house.
He's too late.
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 64 65