Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Player Questions/Concerns for the Admin
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 99 100
[quote]Love the new lore! Really excited about it. My question: Dragons of the four founding flights have their own names for the planet, and all flights refer to it as Sornieth, which is Draconic for "our world." In that case, what do the Beastclans, who presumably don't use Draconic terms or flight-political names, refer to the planet as?[/quote] There's still so much to know about the Beastclans and their prescribed history! It may be awhile before that term comes to light... [br][br] [quote]Really excited about the dom overhaul! Question: Is the effect of exhaustion still there? That is, does a flight suffer handicaps for trying to hold dominance for consecutive weeks? And if the mechanic DOES remain, how does it work now? does it apply to all three slots? Does it only apply to the top slot?[/quote] The Flight that takes first place will still affected by the normal Battle Weariness, it has not changed. [br][br] [quote]How is the Beast clan's dominance tallied? is it randomly generated, is it, deity's forbid, done by how many of them are killled, is it a set value?[/quote] Akiri is not willing to divulge the exact mechanics behind the Beastclans, but he has said that it is both not entirely random and not a set value. [br][br] [quote]Welp. Just spent 45 minutes reading through the 92 pages of the previous question thread... =__= Only reading the posts mods have been giving, and skimming the ones with questions already answered. And apparently there's even more places to read to dig for answers. The reddit Q/A dev chat and every single words on the wind edition. +___+ After that 45 minutes, I don't really feel like reading through reddit, and every single words on the wind edition. So if my question was answered there, then sorry for asking a question already answered. :/ Is there anyone who tests new features before they're put on the main site? Like a beta tester for new updates? :3 Mostly asking because of the offspring name list. Seeing a wanted feature for only 30 minutes is such a tease... :( If there was an awesome feature being released, I'd want it to stay around forever! ^.^[/quote] Glad you enjoyed it -- and sorry we had to pull it back out! Sometimes a feature can be tested internally, but some of its performance-related issues will not come to light until there is significant strain placed on them. Unfortunately, in the case of the feature you're referring to, there was no way to know how it would perform unless we gave it a try. Don't worry, though, Akiri's working hard on seeing if we can bring this feature (or something like it) back. [br][br] [quote]Just curious if we have a timeframe on a fix of the www1 sections of the site logging players out so often, even if they have remember me checked? Its really really getting annoying having to log in so often just to check my pms >.>[/quote] We are continually working on these optimizations, as well as the issues that they have created. Unfortunately, it's an ongoing process, and there isn't really a timeframe I can provide. [br][br] [quote]I'm wondering, if I were to use a script that got rid of the brownish/red background that comes up every other post in the forums, would I get banned? It would appear so, but it's just an anesthetic that enhances the site visually for a user that in no way affects their gameplay or perhaps they have some sort of visual condition and that code allows them to use FR without having any bodily issues... Why stifle users creativity? If your going to do that then you might as well close down the suggestions thread (although we all know what happens anyways). Granted of course this is just a browser game and not something that can be downloaded and run on ones computer that has actual game files which can be edited by the user. Now banning scripts that take the place of the end user are certainly sanctionable for reasons that honest players would support, but if we're taking flack for simply changing a small visual detail of the website, that's just not right.[/quote] We understand that players like to spice things up in their browsers and enhance their browsing experience, and will always do our best to consider that. It's not a matter of stifling creativity, it's a matter of protecting the site's integrity. The best course of action is always going to be to hit us up directly via the Contact Us page so that we can evaluate/review the request. [br][br] [quote]how is the beastclan dominance going to factor into flights holidays? I know it's not an official tradition to let a flight have dominance on their holidays but I think even as an unofficial tradition it matters to a fair amount of people.[/quote] The Beastclans are unaffected during elemental holidays - they don't participate! Though, with the amount of exalting that generally takes place the week before one (HINT: it's a ton), we wouldn't be surprised if the Flights have a good chance at remaining or becoming dominant. [br][br] [quote]I hope this is an appropriate place to ask about Beastclan lore... Do the Beastclans speak Draconic, or do they have their own native language(s)? Do some of the Beastclans speak different languages from one another?[/quote] They all speak their own interclan languages, as well as a generalized, diplomatic language with which to communicate to the other Beastclans. Only a select few have learned Draconic, and it's not known how many of those individuals have taken it up to speak or to spy... [br][br] [quote]Just want to start off by saying I love all the new Beastclan familiars, but I was sad to see there weren't any new Longneck companions. :( Any chance we'll get some battle-ready llamas in the future? (they're my favorite. :D)[/quote] Glad you are liking the new familiars! We love them. As to your question: logistically, we already had enough artwork to flesh out the Longnecks, and wanted to provide a little bit more for those Beastclans that may have been under-represented. That's not to say that we are against considering more Longneck (or others Beastclan) variations -- that's just what we decided to debut with. :) [br][br] [quote]Why are there no silver chests? The scale jumps straight from Iron to Gilded; I only noticed last week, and now it's bugging me.[/quote] All of the realm's silversmiths were banished... Just kidding! No specific reason! Just how it ended up. [br][br] [quote]what is the forum search feature? all i ever see is a blank page when I accidentally click it.[/quote] This feature is currently disabled so that it can receive optimization treatment. Ideally, it will allow players to search for forum threads using keywords. [br][br] [quote]due to the lack of a bank system, I was offering my fellow Water Flight members a service that would help them save their important items. Essentially they would send us the items, which we would send back for them to keep in the message center to avoid accidential conversion/selling. Does this fall into acceptable guidelines of item transactions (ignoring that it is of course unsupported)? I don't want to get banned just because we like collecting stuff.[/quote] You're correct that that type of service would be unsupported, but as long as it does not break the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use][b]Terms of Use[/b][/url], you should be fine. [br][br] [quote]What's the deal with INT-based dragons and the coliseum? They're not doing so well at the moment, are there any plans to overhaul or expand anything with regards to them? Right now it seems like STR buolds (specifically glass cannons) are the only thing really worth investing in, but aside from that, spellcasters are plagued by issues; absolutely nothing in the spell selection for any flight compares to the usefulness and efficiency of eliminate bolt spells of all types frequently trigger the awful, awful slowdown bug many second-tier spells are much more effective against dragons than monsters (ironically making them much more useful for coliseum enemies) For example, sear is really just a bolt spell's damage with a chance for DoT, leaving fire casters with a serious lack of hitting power at high levels compared to STR builds. Idk if it's just me, but I'm struggling to find reasons to include any casters in the coliseum teams I'm planning to make, because "I like wizards" isn't really enough right now. I'm aware that aid is a good spell, but it's not very useful to low-VIT glass cannons, which are about the only game in town right now (and working beautifully now that battle stones are back up...) Is there anything in the works that might make casters more appealing? More spell skill stones, maybe? Also, what's the word on the slowdown bug, if this is the right place to ask?[/quote] I don't have a direct answer to your question, but I can say that we're continually evaluating Coliseum stats and abilities to ensure they are as balanced as possible.
Quote:
Love the new lore! Really excited about it.

My question: Dragons of the four founding flights have their own names for the planet, and all flights refer to it as Sornieth, which is Draconic for "our world." In that case, what do the Beastclans, who presumably don't use Draconic terms or flight-political names, refer to the planet as?

There's still so much to know about the Beastclans and their prescribed history! It may be awhile before that term comes to light...

Quote:
Really excited about the dom overhaul!

Question: Is the effect of exhaustion still there? That is, does a flight suffer handicaps for trying to hold dominance for consecutive weeks?

And if the mechanic DOES remain, how does it work now? does it apply to all three slots? Does it only apply to the top slot?

The Flight that takes first place will still affected by the normal Battle Weariness, it has not changed.

Quote:
How is the Beast clan's dominance tallied? is it randomly generated, is it, deity's forbid, done by how many of them are killled, is it a set value?

Akiri is not willing to divulge the exact mechanics behind the Beastclans, but he has said that it is both not entirely random and not a set value.

Quote:
Welp. Just spent 45 minutes reading through the 92 pages of the previous question thread... =__=

Only reading the posts mods have been giving, and skimming the ones with questions already answered. And apparently there's even more places to read to dig for answers.

The reddit Q/A dev chat and every single words on the wind edition. +___+

After that 45 minutes, I don't really feel like reading through reddit, and every single words on the wind edition. So if my question was answered there, then sorry for asking a question already answered. :/

Is there anyone who tests new features before they're put on the main site? Like a beta tester for new updates? :3

Mostly asking because of the offspring name list. Seeing a wanted feature for only 30 minutes is such a tease... :(

If there was an awesome feature being released, I'd want it to stay around forever! ^.^

Glad you enjoyed it -- and sorry we had to pull it back out! Sometimes a feature can be tested internally, but some of its performance-related issues will not come to light until there is significant strain placed on them. Unfortunately, in the case of the feature you're referring to, there was no way to know how it would perform unless we gave it a try. Don't worry, though, Akiri's working hard on seeing if we can bring this feature (or something like it) back.

Quote:
Just curious if we have a timeframe on a fix of the www1 sections of the site logging players out so often, even if they have remember me checked? Its really really getting annoying having to log in so often just to check my pms >.>

We are continually working on these optimizations, as well as the issues that they have created. Unfortunately, it's an ongoing process, and there isn't really a timeframe I can provide.

Quote:
I'm wondering, if I were to use a script that got rid of the brownish/red background that comes up every other post in the forums, would I get banned? It would appear so, but it's just an anesthetic that enhances the site visually for a user that in no way affects their gameplay or perhaps they have some sort of visual condition and that code allows them to use FR without having any bodily issues...

Why stifle users creativity? If your going to do that then you might as well close down the suggestions thread (although we all know what happens anyways). Granted of course this is just a browser game and not something that can be downloaded and run on ones computer that has actual game files which can be edited by the user.

Now banning scripts that take the place of the end user are certainly sanctionable for reasons that honest players would support, but if we're taking flack for simply changing a small visual detail of the website, that's just not right.

We understand that players like to spice things up in their browsers and enhance their browsing experience, and will always do our best to consider that. It's not a matter of stifling creativity, it's a matter of protecting the site's integrity. The best course of action is always going to be to hit us up directly via the Contact Us page so that we can evaluate/review the request.

Quote:
how is the beastclan dominance going to factor into flights holidays? I know it's not an official tradition to let a flight have dominance on their holidays but I think even as an unofficial tradition it matters to a fair amount of people.

The Beastclans are unaffected during elemental holidays - they don't participate! Though, with the amount of exalting that generally takes place the week before one (HINT: it's a ton), we wouldn't be surprised if the Flights have a good chance at remaining or becoming dominant.

Quote:
I hope this is an appropriate place to ask about Beastclan lore...

Do the Beastclans speak Draconic, or do they have their own native language(s)? Do some of the Beastclans speak different languages from one another?

They all speak their own interclan languages, as well as a generalized, diplomatic language with which to communicate to the other Beastclans. Only a select few have learned Draconic, and it's not known how many of those individuals have taken it up to speak or to spy...

Quote:
Just want to start off by saying I love all the new Beastclan familiars, but I was sad to see there weren't any new Longneck companions. :( Any chance we'll get some battle-ready llamas in the future? (they're my favorite. :D)

Glad you are liking the new familiars! We love them. As to your question: logistically, we already had enough artwork to flesh out the Longnecks, and wanted to provide a little bit more for those Beastclans that may have been under-represented. That's not to say that we are against considering more Longneck (or others Beastclan) variations -- that's just what we decided to debut with. :)

Quote:
Why are there no silver chests? The scale jumps straight from Iron to Gilded; I only noticed last week, and now it's bugging me.
All of the realm's silversmiths were banished...

Just kidding! No specific reason! Just how it ended up.

Quote:
what is the forum search feature? all i ever see is a blank page when I accidentally click it.

This feature is currently disabled so that it can receive optimization treatment. Ideally, it will allow players to search for forum threads using keywords.

Quote:
due to the lack of a bank system, I was offering my fellow Water Flight members a service that would help them save their important items. Essentially they would send us the items, which we would send back for them to keep in the message center to avoid accidential conversion/selling. Does this fall into acceptable guidelines of item transactions (ignoring that it is of course unsupported)? I don't want to get banned just because we like collecting stuff.

You're correct that that type of service would be unsupported, but as long as it does not break the Terms of Use, you should be fine.

Quote:
What's the deal with INT-based dragons and the coliseum? They're not doing so well at the moment, are there any plans to overhaul or expand anything with regards to them?

Right now it seems like STR buolds (specifically glass cannons) are the only thing really worth investing in, but aside from that, spellcasters are plagued by issues;
absolutely nothing in the spell selection for any flight compares to the usefulness and efficiency of eliminate
bolt spells of all types frequently trigger the awful, awful slowdown bug
many second-tier spells are much more effective against dragons than monsters (ironically making them much more useful for coliseum enemies)
For example, sear is really just a bolt spell's damage with a chance for DoT, leaving fire casters with a serious lack of hitting power at high levels compared to STR builds.

Idk if it's just me, but I'm struggling to find reasons to include any casters in the coliseum teams I'm planning to make, because "I like wizards" isn't really enough right now. I'm aware that aid is a good spell, but it's not very useful to low-VIT glass cannons, which are about the only game in town right now (and working beautifully now that battle stones are back up...)

Is there anything in the works that might make casters more appealing? More spell skill stones, maybe? Also, what's the word on the slowdown bug, if this is the right place to ask?

I don't have a direct answer to your question, but I can say that we're continually evaluating Coliseum stats and abilities to ensure they are as balanced as possible.
Any ETA on Points, Ghosts or Crystal genes?
Any ETA on Points, Ghosts or Crystal genes?
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
Can you please make it a little less laggy? Since there are so many people on , its been getting laggy.
Can you please make it a little less laggy? Since there are so many people on , its been getting laggy.
arceus-and-the-dragon-trio-o.gif
Mmm....on that laggy issue, we all know the coli has had problems recently with fixes only lasting until strain's put on them. Would it help if we just kind of swarmed the coli en masse and stress tested it?
Mmm....on that laggy issue, we all know the coli has had problems recently with fixes only lasting until strain's put on them. Would it help if we just kind of swarmed the coli en masse and stress tested it?
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
[quote name="Charaquan" date="2014-10-13 13:18:39"]Mmm....on that laggy issue, we all know the coli has had problems recently with fixes only lasting until strain's put on them. Would it help if we just kind of swarmed the coli en masse and stress tested it?[/quote] By the lagging for the coliseum do you mean when you use any bolt ability or contuse?
Charaquan wrote on 2014-10-13 13:18:39:

By the lagging for the coliseum do you mean when you use any bolt ability or contuse?
Just wondering - are the new MP stock rates not affecting the wolf capes or something? I've barely been seeing any stock - over the course of about an hour and a half when they were first released, I refreshed every restock time and saw them literally once, and only two or three Black Wolf Capes at that point.
Just wondering - are the new MP stock rates not affecting the wolf capes or something? I've barely been seeing any stock - over the course of about an hour and a half when they were first released, I refreshed every restock time and saw them literally once, and only two or three Black Wolf Capes at that point.
Teddy/Dia | he/him/his | [Skin/Accent Shop]
4367.pngRWNbd8q.png4368.png
[quote name="SaturnsSenshi" date="2014-10-11 13:35:50"]SO I was right? This thread is starting to die really quickly and so shortly after the newest release of things. For those of you that don't known I made this post a while back on page 67. This post was made before the most recent Words on the Wind. [quote name="SaturnsSenshi" date="2014-10-05 10:49:35"]Y'all know the reason they're releasing 'new shiny stuff' so shortly after all this drama, right? They want this all to go away and it's been proven that if they continue to release 'shiny new stuff' their customers will stop complaining eventually except for a few. These few will eventually get tired of never being acknowledged and also stop complaining. It's happened before, it'll happen again. Last time I can recall a big uproar happening was when they introduced the new bumping limit. It was originally at 48 hours and the players complained, wanting at least lowered to 24 hours since they expected to be ignored. Low and behold it was changed to 24 hours, well that was fine until people realized that fledgling Art/Services threads would be lost amongst the bigger threads that were bumped just by being used. So the players asked for it to be lowered again and the admins released some 'shiny new things', as these players were ignored fewer people complained until only a few were left. These few even created a Suggestion about lowering but soon even they got tired of being constantly ignored(since they had no idea whether the admins had even seen their suggestion) so they too, vanished. So in the end the admins know that they just need to ignore their player base and release enough 'shiny new stuff' and eventually it'll all blow over.[/quote] Now someone replied to this with basically 'What if they were planning to do it? Why should we get penalized because of the drama?' My reply to that is that we shouldn't be penalized for the drama that has started because of the Admin's poor decisions but let's remember that they also release some other new things back then. Like the collapsible Offspring List, which they clearly weren't ready to do. So yes, they are releasing 'shiny new stuff' in order to get us to settle down and be quiet since they released things they weren't prepared to, for no apparent reason. They could have just as easily said "Hey, were planning to do this, but we haven't figured out how to work it yet so please be patient." But instead they straight up shoved it at us, only to take it back when they realized that it wasn't working right.} Now they're shoving more things at us in hopes that we'll calm down. I mean it's not like this thread has 'questions/concerns for the admins' in it's name and thus should be answered BY THE ADMINS. So it's completely unreasonable to assume that they would answer at Q& A thread that they made for players to use to talk to them.[/quote] I'm on the same page, as usual, with you here.
SaturnsSenshi wrote on 2014-10-11 13:35:50:
SO I was right? This thread is starting to die really quickly and so shortly after the newest release of things. For those of you that don't known I made this post a while back on page 67. This post was made before the most recent Words on the Wind.
SaturnsSenshi wrote on 2014-10-05 10:49:35:
Y'all know the reason they're releasing 'new shiny stuff' so shortly after all this drama, right? They want this all to go away and it's been proven that if they continue to release 'shiny new stuff' their customers will stop complaining eventually except for a few. These few will eventually get tired of never being acknowledged and also stop complaining. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

Last time I can recall a big uproar happening was when they introduced the new bumping limit. It was originally at 48 hours and the players complained, wanting at least lowered to 24 hours since they expected to be ignored. Low and behold it was changed to 24 hours, well that was fine until people realized that fledgling Art/Services threads would be lost amongst the bigger threads that were bumped just by being used.

So the players asked for it to be lowered again and the admins released some 'shiny new things', as these players were ignored fewer people complained until only a few were left. These few even created a Suggestion about lowering but soon even they got tired of being constantly ignored(since they had no idea whether the admins had even seen their suggestion) so they too, vanished.

So in the end the admins know that they just need to ignore their player base and release enough 'shiny new stuff' and eventually it'll all blow over.

Now someone replied to this with basically 'What if they were planning to do it? Why should we get penalized because of the drama?' My reply to that is that we shouldn't be penalized for the drama that has started because of the Admin's poor decisions but let's remember that they also release some other new things back then. Like the collapsible Offspring List, which they clearly weren't ready to do.

So yes, they are releasing 'shiny new stuff' in order to get us to settle down and be quiet since they released things they weren't prepared to, for no apparent reason. They could have just as easily said "Hey, were planning to do this, but we haven't figured out how to work it yet so please be patient." But instead they straight up shoved it at us, only to take it back when they realized that it wasn't working right.}

Now they're shoving more things at us in hopes that we'll calm down. I mean it's not like this thread has 'questions/concerns for the admins' in it's name and thus should be answered BY THE ADMINS. So it's completely unreasonable to assume that they would answer at Q& A thread that they made for players to use to talk to them.
I'm on the same page, as usual, with you here.
@Charaquan Words of the Wind says that Crystal will be available in the Gem marketplace later this month in the little bit of info there. "We're preparing the next gene release: Crystal. This shining primary gene will transform your dragon's body in a glimmering, crystalline hide. [b]Crystal will be available in our Gem Marketplace later this month[/b]." Also, it's been known for a while that Points and Ghost are going to be tied into unreleased features with Ghost, at least, being part of the Crafting feature (Baldwin's Brew). [quote name="Undel" date="2013-08-01 20:24:46"]There's no ETA on ghost and points. They're going to be tied into additional features, rather than through the treasure or gem marketplace. Baldwin's Brew is one that folks already sorta know is coming, and that's where you'll craft the ghost tertiary. (No ETA on this!)[/quote] How we'll get points has never been said, but Undel does say it's a non-marketplace gene, so who knows.
@Charaquan

Words of the Wind says that Crystal will be available in the Gem marketplace later this month in the little bit of info there.

"We're preparing the next gene release: Crystal. This shining primary gene will transform your dragon's body in a glimmering, crystalline hide. Crystal will be available in our Gem Marketplace later this month."

Also, it's been known for a while that Points and Ghost are going to be tied into unreleased features with Ghost, at least, being part of the Crafting feature (Baldwin's Brew).
Undel wrote on 2013-08-01 20:24:46:
There's no ETA on ghost and points. They're going to be tied into additional features, rather than through the treasure or gem marketplace. Baldwin's Brew is one that folks already sorta know is coming, and that's where you'll craft the ghost tertiary. (No ETA on this!)

How we'll get points has never been said, but Undel does say it's a non-marketplace gene, so who knows.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@Aequorin are you and the other admins still fixing the lagging problem? The one having to do with all the new players going on. Also I have a question , if it gets laggy then can games not be responsive? I was playing Tidal Trouble and there was 5000+ people on then the game became unresponsive and didnt load until I reloaded. I know my antivirus can work well with the site since its mse.
@Aequorin are you and the other admins still fixing the lagging problem? The one having to do with all the new players going on. Also I have a question , if it gets laggy then can games not be responsive? I was playing Tidal Trouble and there was 5000+ people on then the game became unresponsive and didnt load until I reloaded. I know my antivirus can work well with the site since its mse.
I'd like to take a moment to congratulate the admins on their site reaching 100k users.
I'd like to take a moment to congratulate the admins on their site reaching 100k users.
I collect white pawns!
Proud former Shadow Flighter and current Ice Flighter
bzpIMvQ.png
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 99 100