Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Battle for the Bay! Wind & Arcane Story
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The Airstep Ninjas are always open to new recruits! All the ninjas, ALL OF THEM! >:D
The Airstep Ninjas are always open to new recruits! All the ninjas, ALL OF THEM! >:D
drpusig1_zpsjz7uct4m.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
STARwind bay ftw! These dom pushes are always so fun. Great backstory!

@arcanist

Love ya SpaceDad!!! We'll clear up the air in a min. C:
STARwind bay ftw! These dom pushes are always so fun. Great backstory!

@arcanist

Love ya SpaceDad!!! We'll clear up the air in a min. C:
jiehs1.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3653853] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/36539/3653853_350.png[/img] [/url] From a top the Twisting Crescendo, a waking purple figure stirred, his arcane eyes glued to the horizon. Once an Arcane dragon himself, Aether wasted no time in closing his eyes and concentrating on the area of Windstar Bay, his god-like intuition showing him what had transpired there the night before. Clicking his teeth in irritation, he unwound himself from his high peak in the air and flew down, touching each dragon in his clan to show them what had happened. Finally he stopped at a large cave, the feeling of magic pouring out in gusts of wind from the mighty dragons within. Pulling his wings in a bit, he leaped into the opening, twisting through the many halls and tunnels within until he stood in front of Gaia, their clan leader, her green scales shimmering off of the cave walls around them. Perched on her shoulder was a Nature sprite, it's face a mask of emotions. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2581999] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/25820/2581999_350.png[/img] [/url] "Aether, it is alright, I can feel the Earth shifting and tensing as we speak. There is a great war ahead of us my dear friend. One that may result in our own causalities." Her voice echoed with the ancient magic of her Goddess form and her eyes were full of worry for the ones that would be lost. "Hera is already on her way to the Bay, and Saranyu and Osiris are guarding the others, we will be alright Aether. Go to Hemera and your children, take care of them." With a nod of gratitude, he flew out the way he came, his Shalebuck finally reaching him until tottering back out after his master. She waited until he left and then turned to her nature sprite before speaking in hushed tones. "Wind will prevail, I just know it but how many dragons must we lose before their deities are satisfied? Humans, dragons, they are all the same. Fighting over petty things to gain what? Nothing but bloodshed and tears. I was hoping dragon kind would be different but so far I've seen little differences." She sighed before turning down another hall in the cave to prepare. -------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4137174] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/41372/4137174_350.png[/img] [/url] Being a former Arcane Dragon, Hera knew how stubborn and headstrong the lot of them seem to be. Gaia had given her a special mission, to infiltrate their lines and discover what their plan was to be. When she discovered it, she would telepathically transfer the information to her bat, Diaval who would then give them information to Gaia, the plan was fool proof. Smiling to her rune-winged bat, she careened lower in the sky, her wings coming in to make her descent quick. The sight before her caught her on edge, the Bay laid out in front of her, a part of the beach blackened and torn. She could sense the unused magic spell below her, ready to go off at any moment. Above in the air, the wind blew to her so many different words of war from both sides. Each side seemed to be on edge and ready to attack the other. She even felt the fear from Siltaria as she was captured not too long ago. Gritting her teeth, Hera relayed the information to Diaval who flew back as fast as his little wings could take him. "We need all the help we can get." She thought into the air, her wings carrying her down to the bay. -------- (If anyone didn't know all of my dragons center around being Gods/Goddesses who transformed themselves into dragons to live among them.)

3653853_350.png

From a top the Twisting Crescendo, a waking purple figure stirred, his arcane eyes glued to the horizon. Once an Arcane dragon himself, Aether wasted no time in closing his eyes and concentrating on the area of Windstar Bay, his god-like intuition showing him what had transpired there the night before. Clicking his teeth in irritation, he unwound himself from his high peak in the air and flew down, touching each dragon in his clan to show them what had happened. Finally he stopped at a large cave, the feeling of magic pouring out in gusts of wind from the mighty dragons within. Pulling his wings in a bit, he leaped into the opening, twisting through the many halls and tunnels within until he stood in front of Gaia, their clan leader, her green scales shimmering off of the cave walls around them. Perched on her shoulder was a Nature sprite, it's face a mask of emotions.

2581999_350.png

"Aether, it is alright, I can feel the Earth shifting and tensing as we speak. There is a great war ahead of us my dear friend. One that may result in our own causalities." Her voice echoed with the ancient magic of her Goddess form and her eyes were full of worry for the ones that would be lost. "Hera is already on her way to the Bay, and Saranyu and Osiris are guarding the others, we will be alright Aether. Go to Hemera and your children, take care of them." With a nod of gratitude, he flew out the way he came, his Shalebuck finally reaching him until tottering back out after his master.

She waited until he left and then turned to her nature sprite before speaking in hushed tones. "Wind will prevail, I just know it but how many dragons must we lose before their deities are satisfied? Humans, dragons, they are all the same. Fighting over petty things to gain what? Nothing but bloodshed and tears. I was hoping dragon kind would be different but so far I've seen little differences." She sighed before turning down another hall in the cave to prepare.

4137174_350.png

Being a former Arcane Dragon, Hera knew how stubborn and headstrong the lot of them seem to be. Gaia had given her a special mission, to infiltrate their lines and discover what their plan was to be. When she discovered it, she would telepathically transfer the information to her bat, Diaval who would then give them information to Gaia, the plan was fool proof. Smiling to her rune-winged bat, she careened lower in the sky, her wings coming in to make her descent quick.

The sight before her caught her on edge, the Bay laid out in front of her, a part of the beach blackened and torn. She could sense the unused magic spell below her, ready to go off at any moment. Above in the air, the wind blew to her so many different words of war from both sides. Each side seemed to be on edge and ready to attack the other. She even felt the fear from Siltaria as she was captured not too long ago. Gritting her teeth, Hera relayed the information to Diaval who flew back as fast as his little wings could take him.

"We need all the help we can get." She thought into the air, her wings carrying her down to the bay.

(If anyone didn't know all of my dragons center around being Gods/Goddesses who transformed themselves into dragons to live among them.)
2t5JFrj.png
Ah this is awesome! :o Great job on the writing, everyone!
Ah this is awesome! :o Great job on the writing, everyone!
Sailor G says!
partymini.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/38613/3861283_350.png[/img] The last rays of the day were fading away as Jezzell watched the western sky. Here in the Reedcleft Ascent her clan resided. Today the young ones did well in training she thought as the last light disappeared.[i] I wish Fuil would go a bit easier on them.[/i] Jezzell glided down to where her clan called home.She flew through the Clan checking on each and every dragon one last time before settling down herself. The hatchlings running around, refusing to go to bed and driving Haruko a bit crazy. Fuil and Fae discussing training lessons for the next day. Everything was as it should be. As she was about to reach her spot a commotion started behind her. [i]What is going on now?[/i] She turned and her question was answered... [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/45054/4505378_350.png[/img] Above the clan flew Wormwood, the clan’s Druid and spiritual guide. Her eyes glowed bright in the darkening night and when she spoke a deep voice came from the small body...a voice Jezzell had heard once before “Clan na Gaoithe Thuaidh, The Windsinger calls onto you in this hour of need. A battle will begin in Windstar Bay, a battle in which all are needed. The Arcanist have imprisoned one of our own without just cause. Clan na Gaoithe Thuaidh, Go and help our flight right this wrong!” The clan was silent as Wormwoods words rang through every dragon. She slowly fell to the ground, her eyes normal and looking very tired. Jezzell sighed.[i] So it has begun then.[/i] She flew high so all could see her “Clan na Gaoithe Thuaidh! The Windsinger has called upon us and we shall answer! Ready yourselves! I do not know what awaits us at Windstar Bay but what I do know this. whatever we must do we will do it with honor! The North Wind Shall Roar!” “The North Wind Shall Roar!” Jezell looked to the eastern sky. The day would dawn anew, and war will have begun.
3861283_350.png

The last rays of the day were fading away as Jezzell watched the western sky. Here in the Reedcleft Ascent her clan resided. Today the young ones did well in training she thought as the last light disappeared. I wish Fuil would go a bit easier on them.

Jezzell glided down to where her clan called home.She flew through the Clan checking on each and every dragon one last time before settling down herself. The hatchlings running around, refusing to go to bed and driving Haruko a bit crazy. Fuil and Fae discussing training lessons for the next day. Everything was as it should be. As she was about to reach her spot a commotion started behind her. What is going on now? She turned and her question was answered...

4505378_350.png

Above the clan flew Wormwood, the clan’s Druid and spiritual guide. Her eyes glowed bright in the darkening night and when she spoke a deep voice came from the small body...a voice Jezzell had heard once before

“Clan na Gaoithe Thuaidh, The Windsinger calls onto you in this hour of need. A battle will begin in Windstar Bay, a battle in which all are needed. The Arcanist have imprisoned one of our own without just cause. Clan na Gaoithe Thuaidh, Go and help our flight right this wrong!”

The clan was silent as Wormwoods words rang through every dragon. She slowly fell to the ground, her eyes normal and looking very tired.

Jezzell sighed. So it has begun then. She flew high so all could see her

“Clan na Gaoithe Thuaidh! The Windsinger has called upon us and we shall answer! Ready yourselves! I do not know what awaits us at Windstar Bay but what I do know this. whatever we must do we will do it with honor! The North Wind Shall Roar!”

“The North Wind Shall Roar!”

Jezell looked to the eastern sky. The day would dawn anew, and war will have begun.
l6mtPEk.png
*whispers* STARwind. STARwind. STAR.
*whispers* STARwind. STARwind. STAR.
IMG_1973_zpsb8nhmwm1.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip.png
The wind and arcane flights painting the sky in swirling clouds and mystical energies is a sight to behold!

I've always wondered how these islands float. It's not by my power; how strange and wonderful!

True, we were briefly pushed away from such mysteries, back to our land and skies. And true, arcane blasts began to take down kites in The Plateau, but the this little kerfuffle has passed and our goal is once again in sight!
The wind and arcane flights painting the sky in swirling clouds and mystical energies is a sight to behold!

I've always wondered how these islands float. It's not by my power; how strange and wonderful!

True, we were briefly pushed away from such mysteries, back to our land and skies. And true, arcane blasts began to take down kites in The Plateau, but the this little kerfuffle has passed and our goal is once again in sight!
Once everythin settles down we'll help clear the sky oh all this poopy-doo-doo magic stuff!
/*u*\
ohmanhidadsinger
Once everythin settles down we'll help clear the sky oh all this poopy-doo-doo magic stuff!
/*u*\
ohmanhidadsinger
mazatl_by_whatcritter-d7qvtl6.gif
Winnnndsinnngerrrrr!
Winnnndsinnngerrrrr!
6KQB58c.png
p3Lr8aR.pngUwlzUwS.pngFbBE7dN.png73vKFNE.png
oaolHwW.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3107502] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/31076/3107502_350.png[/img] [/url] Clan Hullabaloo, severely lacking in ninjas and spiritual guides, was not privy to the prodigious events surrounding them. However, they did not lack in Coatl poetry. On the edge of Windster Bay Elwynn sat, plucking his lute and humming out a new stanza for his latest sonnet. Beside him hatchlings pulled out the kites they had spent days constructing. The coatl purred, and watched them release them to the winds, their little bodies puffing with pride as the patchwork kites took to the skies. It was then that fate placed her heavy hand on Clan Hullabaloo, for a stray arcane shot seared through one of the hatchling's kites. The victim, a little brown Skydancer, let out the most pitiful of wails. Elwynn yelped and gathered the hatchlings, guiding them back to the lair. He ran to the matriarch, Ayrdene, bringing the terrible news. She watched him from atop her pile of silks. His feathered frills quivered wildly in the sign language that he had developed with the fae. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2977548] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29776/2977548_350.png[/img] [/url] Ayrdene flicked her frills and responded in her monotone, "Oi. Compose yerself. Speakin' too fast. What's that? Arcane shot? Tore up our babies kites? What in Earthshaker's beard would make them do that?" A spiral popped her head out from beneath the silks. It was Senga, the resident strategist. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3776037] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/37761/3776037_350.png[/img] [/url] "Ahem. ArcaneandWindarefightingfordominancesomethingaboutWindstarBayandakidnapping. Alsowindninjas." Ayrdene flicked one frill, then the other. "Ready the Snappers. Uncoil the Spirals. Arcane will rue the day they blitzed our kites."

3107502_350.png

Clan Hullabaloo, severely lacking in ninjas and spiritual guides, was not privy to the prodigious events surrounding them. However, they did not lack in Coatl poetry. On the edge of Windster Bay Elwynn sat, plucking his lute and humming out a new stanza for his latest sonnet. Beside him hatchlings pulled out the kites they had spent days constructing. The coatl purred, and watched them release them to the winds, their little bodies puffing with pride as the patchwork kites took to the skies.

It was then that fate placed her heavy hand on Clan Hullabaloo, for a stray arcane shot seared through one of the hatchling's kites. The victim, a little brown Skydancer, let out the most pitiful of wails. Elwynn yelped and gathered the hatchlings, guiding them back to the lair. He ran to the matriarch, Ayrdene, bringing the terrible news. She watched him from atop her pile of silks. His feathered frills quivered wildly in the sign language that he had developed with the fae.

2977548_350.png

Ayrdene flicked her frills and responded in her monotone, "Oi. Compose yerself. Speakin' too fast. What's that? Arcane shot? Tore up our babies kites? What in Earthshaker's beard would make them do that?"

A spiral popped her head out from beneath the silks. It was Senga, the resident strategist.

3776037_350.png

"Ahem.
ArcaneandWindarefightingfordominancesomethingaboutWindstarBayandakidnapping.
Alsowindninjas."

Ayrdene flicked one frill, then the other. "Ready the Snappers. Uncoil the Spirals. Arcane will rue the day they blitzed our kites."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7