Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What is the Light Flight?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/Akhineems/Flight%20Rising/corrose-ketowings_500px.png[/img] [/center] [img]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7569/422o.png[/img] Welcome to the Light Flight's Thread of Illumination. We will shed some [i]light[/i] on what our flight is all about, to help potential members decide on that difficult flight choice. We will also feed the curious minds of FR's other flights - we are, after all, all about knowledge. Because the search for knowledge is a joint venture, all Light flighters were asked to write about what they consider the core of the flight. Therefore, all sections end with a few quotes taken from Light members. At the top of the 3rd post you will find a list of contacts ready to answer any questions you may have or to help you get started on the site. For your convenience: [b]Tl;dr[/b]: If you're just here to get the general idea, here is the very short summary of Light (feel free to scroll down to the section that appeals to you for details) [b][i]Lore[/i][/b] Light is the flight of Philosophers and Readers, Scholars and Students. We hate violence and love discussion. [b][i]Aesthetics[/i][/b] Light eyes are pale yellow, a color that goes well with any color scheme and can be big plus. [b][i]Deity[/i][/b] Lightweaver, aka Glittermom, is our beloved mother of wisdom. Light Flighters usually refer to her both affectionately, respectfully and in a little silly way. Because she's Mom. [b][i]Community[/i][/b] Light is a non-competitive, easy-going flight. Members are kind, generous and welcoming, sometimes a bit shy. You are never obligated to participate in anything, you can play however you like. We love books and mature discussion as well as loads of light chatter. [b][i]Forums[/i][/b] These are neatly organized with stickied sales, trades, raffles, etc. threads. There are not as many active threads as in other forums, but reply to a thread and you will always be responded to. New initiatives are welcome if you have particular threads in mind we do not have already. We love to chat. [b][i]Dominance[/i][/b] Light is non-competitive. We do push every once in a while, and do so seriously when we are at it, but it is to remain fun at all times. If you are absolutely crazy about dominance, you might want to consider another flight. [img]http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/7756/ennd.png[/img] Light is the flight of Wisdom - Philosophy, the insatiable search for knowledge and a love of logic. More precisely, this entails a love of books (naturally, the Lightweaver has a HUGE library), an unshakable curiosity for just about anything, and a love of the "why" question. Those of the light are Scholars, Students, Writers, Librarians, Philosophers, wacky professors, and generally curious souls. Our favorite objects are scrolls, relics and books. The Lightweaver is amongst the second generation deities - born from the clash between Water, Fire, Earth and Air - together with the Shadowbinder, Stormcatcher and Icewarden. The first sentence in site lore that can be found about the Lightweaver sums up a critical aspect of all Light dragons: "The Lightweaver had only just come into existence, and was already annoyed by the violence that smashed across the realm." Physical fights and arguments are not in the Light dragon's repertoire. They might get into heated debate, but put the search for truth before their personal opinions and will never break out into a fight. Decency and calmness are important virtues for the Light. [quote=TheVixatron]I chose Light for the lore. That was the only reason, honestly. I love philosophy and the pursuit of truth, revealing the ways of the world through study and acting in an unbiased manner. It fit me perfectly, so I chose it.[/quote] [quote name=brain4puzzles]I like to think of us as bookwyrms.[/quote] [center][img]http://dancinghare.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/lightweaver2_inked_small.png[/img][/center] [img]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5295/wcl9.png[/img] In terms of aesthetics, your choice of flight affects the eye color of your progens (2 dragons you create/receive when joining) and all dragons born in your lair's nests, which will be the flight color. In addition, the Flight's symbol will be displayed underneath your avatar at the top of every page. It is also displayed on your clan (user) profile, along with a flight-themed banner in place of the general FR one and a faded flight-themed backdrop. The banner+backdrop will also show on every page of your lair and your nesting grounds. The Light eyes a soft, pale yellow. It is a rather popular eye color that goes with about any dragon and color combo, from dark to light and red to blue. It looks warmer than ice, but especially on lighter colored dragons, it is not too conspicuous and does not distract from the dragon's color scheme. Light's typical color scheme (for banners, pushes, flight-themed dragons, etc) is generally pale yellow to warm orange, or any shade of gold. Dark brown/gold may accompany it in a lightweaver-inspired color scheme (see below). The Light site banner & backdrop, which will show up on your lair page, nesting grounds and clan page, are light (surprise!) in color and serene, depicting an ocean view from the Sunbeam ruins and some pillars surrounded by green. Calm, neutral and light-hearted, they /light up/ your lair & clan! [quote name=Khadjin]I think one of the strong points of Light Flight are the eyes, because they go with pretty much anything. They work great on both light and dark dragons, and never stand out in ugly ways like pink or red eyes sometimes do.[/quote] [img]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6449/1sb5.png[/img] The Light's deity is the Lightweaver. She is revered, adored and admired as the true seeker of light and wisdom. A lot of flight members refer to her affectionately as Glittermom. [img]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/522/fs5n.png[/img] When deities were active on forums, she used to be one of the most active ones. As such, the Light flight feels very close with their "mom". At the same time, the Lightweaver enjoys a sort of dual popularity as a revered deity and a silly mom at the same time. Asking a Light member to characterize her will probably give you such a [i]Yes, but also[/i] statement. In an extended joke that involved inverting Glittermom/The Lightweaver's colors, she gained a shade-touched counterpart, Gloommom. Mostly the stuff of legends, Gloommom is used to scare naughtly little hatchlings and teach them a little discipline (according to Player canon). [quote name=TheVixatron]The Lightweaver was one of the most active Deities on the forums. And holds dinner parties to boot! ...Though she may not any more, after that spiral ate her out of house and home.[/quote] [quote name=krissalus]We have a benevolent, intelligent, protective deity who welcomes travelers into her domain. The Lady of the Light is pretty awesome. Although I do think she has a pretty strong surveillance system that we tend to overlook because we love her so much...[/quote] [i] Light glimmers gently On the waves of the ocean, As Mother looks on.[/i] [center][img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130913131628/flightrising/images/0/09/Light_rune_100x100.png[/img][img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130913131628/flightrising/images/0/09/Light_rune_100x100.png[/img][img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130913131628/flightrising/images/0/09/Light_rune_100x100.png[/img][img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130913131628/flightrising/images/0/09/Light_rune_100x100.png[/img][/center]
corrose-ketowings_500px.png

422o.png
Welcome to the Light Flight's Thread of Illumination. We will shed some light on what our flight is all about, to help potential members decide on that difficult flight choice. We will also feed the curious minds of FR's other flights - we are, after all, all about knowledge.
Because the search for knowledge is a joint venture, all Light flighters were asked to write about what they consider the core of the flight. Therefore, all sections end with a few quotes taken from Light members. At the top of the 3rd post you will find a list of contacts ready to answer any questions you may have or to help you get started on the site.

For your convenience:
Tl;dr: If you're just here to get the general idea, here is the very short summary of Light (feel free to scroll down to the section that appeals to you for details)
Lore Light is the flight of Philosophers and Readers, Scholars and Students. We hate violence and love discussion.
Aesthetics Light eyes are pale yellow, a color that goes well with any color scheme and can be big plus.
Deity Lightweaver, aka Glittermom, is our beloved mother of wisdom. Light Flighters usually refer to her both affectionately, respectfully and in a little silly way. Because she's Mom.
Community Light is a non-competitive, easy-going flight. Members are kind, generous and welcoming, sometimes a bit shy. You are never obligated to participate in anything, you can play however you like. We love books and mature discussion as well as loads of light chatter.
Forums These are neatly organized with stickied sales, trades, raffles, etc. threads. There are not as many active threads as in other forums, but reply to a thread and you will always be responded to. New initiatives are welcome if you have particular threads in mind we do not have already. We love to chat.
Dominance Light is non-competitive. We do push every once in a while, and do so seriously when we are at it, but it is to remain fun at all times. If you are absolutely crazy about dominance, you might want to consider another flight.

ennd.png
Light is the flight of Wisdom - Philosophy, the insatiable search for knowledge and a love of logic. More precisely, this entails a love of books (naturally, the Lightweaver has a HUGE library), an unshakable curiosity for just about anything, and a love of the "why" question. Those of the light are Scholars, Students, Writers, Librarians, Philosophers, wacky professors, and generally curious souls.
Our favorite objects are scrolls, relics and books.

The Lightweaver is amongst the second generation deities - born from the clash between Water, Fire, Earth and Air - together with the Shadowbinder, Stormcatcher and Icewarden. The first sentence in site lore that can be found about the Lightweaver sums up a critical aspect of all Light dragons: "The Lightweaver had only just come into existence, and was already annoyed by the violence that smashed across the realm."

Physical fights and arguments are not in the Light dragon's repertoire. They might get into heated debate, but put the search for truth before their personal opinions and will never break out into a fight. Decency and calmness are important virtues for the Light.
TheVixatron wrote:
I chose Light for the lore. That was the only reason, honestly. I love philosophy and the pursuit of truth, revealing the ways of the world through study and acting in an unbiased manner. It fit me perfectly, so I chose it.
brain4puzzles wrote:
I like to think of us as bookwyrms.
lightweaver2_inked_small.png

wcl9.png
In terms of aesthetics, your choice of flight affects the eye color of your progens (2 dragons you create/receive when joining) and all dragons born in your lair's nests, which will be the flight color. In addition, the Flight's symbol will be displayed underneath your avatar at the top of every page. It is also displayed on your clan (user) profile, along with a flight-themed banner in place of the general FR one and a faded flight-themed backdrop. The banner+backdrop will also show on every page of your lair and your nesting grounds.

The Light eyes a soft, pale yellow. It is a rather popular eye color that goes with about any dragon and color combo, from dark to light and red to blue. It looks warmer than ice, but especially on lighter colored dragons, it is not too conspicuous and does not distract from the dragon's color scheme.

Light's typical color scheme (for banners, pushes, flight-themed dragons, etc) is generally pale yellow to warm orange, or any shade of gold. Dark brown/gold may accompany it in a lightweaver-inspired color scheme (see below).

The Light site banner & backdrop, which will show up on your lair page, nesting grounds and clan page, are light (surprise!) in color and serene, depicting an ocean view from the Sunbeam ruins and some pillars surrounded by green. Calm, neutral and light-hearted, they /light up/ your lair & clan!
Khadjin wrote:
I think one of the strong points of Light Flight are the eyes, because they go with pretty much anything. They work great on both light and dark dragons, and never stand out in ugly ways like pink or red eyes sometimes do.

1sb5.png
The Light's deity is the Lightweaver. She is revered, adored and admired as the true seeker of light and wisdom.
A lot of flight members refer to her affectionately as Glittermom.
fs5n.png
When deities were active on forums, she used to be one of the most active ones. As such, the Light flight feels very close with their "mom". At the same time, the Lightweaver enjoys a sort of dual popularity as a revered deity and a silly mom at the same time. Asking a Light member to characterize her will probably give you such a Yes, but also statement.

In an extended joke that involved inverting Glittermom/The Lightweaver's colors, she gained a shade-touched counterpart, Gloommom. Mostly the stuff of legends, Gloommom is used to scare naughtly little hatchlings and teach them a little discipline (according to Player canon).
TheVixatron wrote:
The Lightweaver was one of the most active Deities on the forums. And holds dinner parties to boot!
...Though she may not any more, after that spiral ate her out of house and home.
krissalus wrote:
We have a benevolent, intelligent, protective deity who welcomes travelers into her domain. The Lady of the Light is pretty awesome. Although I do think she has a pretty strong surveillance system that we tend to overlook because we love her so much...

Light glimmers gently
On the waves of the ocean,
As Mother looks on.

Light_rune_100x100.pngLight_rune_100x100.pngLight_rune_100x100.pngLight_rune_100x100.png
jaZD1S7.png
[center][item=Light Runestone][item=Light Runestone][/center] [img]http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3196/t7u3.png[/img] Members of the Light Flight often call themselves "Acolights" within the Flight forums. Because of our affinity with light, a running in-flight joke is to welcome new acolights by showering them in glitter and offering glitter-champagne as well as other glitter-related things (Glittermom herself is quoted as posting "The Lightweaver glitters benevolently" in the light forums). Though due to some dominance-related push excitement months ago we have a bit of an image as a glitter-obsessed flight, it goes no further than posting in newcomer's threads and the occasional joke. The Light Flight is home to many book-crazy acolights, which includes a great many of the more shy members of Flight Rising. Due to the lack of arguments and competitiveness in the Flight, less talkative users feel at home here. Mind you, we do have a share of hyperactive babblers, but they coexist peacefully with the introverted ones. Nothing is an obligation in Light, nor will you be looked down upon for not participating in anything. Personally, the words I would use to describe the Light Flight community are Mature, Easy-Going and Interested. But don't ask me, ask the community. [quote name=LazyKat]I have to say that Light is kind, outgoing, generous, and capable without the need to be combative or overly competitive. Speaking personally, I actually am a competitive person, but the Light flight still fits me because I'm also happy to celebrate the achievements of another when they surpass mine. (...) I feel like that's a quality that the Light flight would support.[/quote] [quote name=kirassalus]I'd say that if you're here for the dragons and not to play the economy or try to edge out the other flights in Dominance, Light is a good fit. I like all parts of the game and I've really enjoyed exploring the site and learning about trends[/quote] [quote name=Highgarden]We are thinkers, philosophers, questioners, readers, searchers of knowledge and truth, but we also have fun, we make jokes and throw around glitter and enjoy the inner child that we all have, because we don't have to always be serious, we understand that balance.[/quote] (see the third post for a few more quotes) [img]http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7311/yml2.png[/img] The Light forums are private to our flight only, perfect to organize Dominance and keep your in-flight jokes and pet projects. As mentioned before, Light flight includes a great bunch of introverts. Some only step out of the shadows to participate in the Light forums and aren't as active in other forums. In spite of being a bit on the quiet side, you will most certainly get replies from us if you start a topic or ask a question. The pace of our forums may not suit you if you're the very chatty type (though we also have an active Skype!) but it's a great environment to get to know people easily and feel you belong somewhere. [quote name=kagamination]I'm not a huge part of the Light forums at this moment, because of my own social anxiety over how people will perceive me. But for the most part, I find Light flight really friendly, from what I've seen, as I stalk the forums. It's easygoing and relaxed here (...).[/quote] [quote name=Khadjin]It's a flight that has a "small community" feel, you don't get lost in there. (...) There's always some ongoing discussion and you get to know active acolights pretty quick. Light Flight has a warm and generous community, always ready to help newcomers and each others.[/quote] [quote name=Arcadema] when I first showed up, I was a complete anxious wreck, but now I'm not too afraid to get my toes a little wet in the "social" pool now and then. […] I started to comment on the forums for the first time here, and I've learned many of the ins and outs of FR thanks to fellow flight-mates. It's really an excellent flight for people like me, and I'm sure for new-comers as well. Nobody here acts superior and there is always an air of warmth and kindness.[/quote] Over time we've worked toward keeping our forums as organized as possible so that as our population and activity increase it's still easy to find relevant topics. We have a number of useful stickies, including a general directory of links towards various subjects, guides and a number of services and charity works (we have a reputation as a generous flight!). We also have sticky threads for dragon sales, trades and raffles, so that our forums don't get cluttered by advertising. We encourage acolights to be considerate and use these! All the stickied threads do mean that the forums sometimes seem to move slow (given the smaller number of active threads). Our topics cover a wide range of subjects, from dragons to hobbies to personal projects, Lore or general chat threads, literature discussions, recipe repository and artsy topics. Occasionally Philosophy, trivia facts or poetry threads pop up. Introductory threads are very common and often result in several pages of light chatter. The flight is very open to new initiatives (start a thread yourself!) [img]http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/8708/we1x.png[/img] What is Dominance? It is meant to be a friendly competition between flights, and a way to weed out the surplus of dragons on the site. Dominance is won by "exalting" dragons, that is removing them from the game and sending them to serve under their reigning deity. If you want to read about Dominance in detail, feel free to read [url]the wiki[/url]. The larger the flight is, the more dragons people in this flight have to exalt to win; this mechanic helps the smaller flights to avoid a disadvantage when pushing for dominance against more populated ones. Currently, Light is one of the smaller/average-sized flights, so this is rather good for us. We used to be pretty disorganized in Light, even though we made a lot of progress over the past months! One of the reasons why it took us some time to get in gears for Dominance is that we're one of the least competitive flights, as we like fostering a relaxed atmosphere and do not wish to make any enemies. [quote name=otterbeans]As a more casual FR player, light flight suits me perfectly. There's no rush or hurry on anything, a laid back atmosphere, and literally zero feelings of competition. A great place to kick up your feet and enjoy the sunshine.[/quote] [quote name=Atropa]Dominance is something I've found Light to be extraordinarily relaxed about. Pushes are planned, and so is the raffle, but the overall attitude is very... sedate. It doesn't take over the forums, and feels very much like something you can do if you feel like it, or completely ignore if you feel like it. […] At this point Light's dominance efforts seem to move like a well oiled machine.[/quote] Overall if you feel Dominance is going to be a large part of your playstyle, you may want to consider a more competitive flight. Though we're not experts, we do our best to keep our pushes organized and efficient; to this end, we generally plan fewer dominance pushes than other flights, giving ourselves more time to prepare before and relax afterwards. If you join Light you will notice we have a couple of stickies in our private forums to know when we are pushing for Dominance or if you want to get involved in any way. [center][img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130913131628/flightrising/images/0/09/Light_rune_100x100.png[/img][img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130913131628/flightrising/images/0/09/Light_rune_100x100.png[/img][img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130913131628/flightrising/images/0/09/Light_rune_100x100.png[/img][img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130913131628/flightrising/images/0/09/Light_rune_100x100.png[/img][/center]
Light Runestone Light Runestone

t7u3.png
Members of the Light Flight often call themselves "Acolights" within the Flight forums. Because of our affinity with light, a running in-flight joke is to welcome new acolights by showering them in glitter and offering glitter-champagne as well as other glitter-related things (Glittermom herself is quoted as posting "The Lightweaver glitters benevolently" in the light forums). Though due to some dominance-related push excitement months ago we have a bit of an image as a glitter-obsessed flight, it goes no further than posting in newcomer's threads and the occasional joke.

The Light Flight is home to many book-crazy acolights, which includes a great many of the more shy members of Flight Rising. Due to the lack of arguments and competitiveness in the Flight, less talkative users feel at home here. Mind you, we do have a share of hyperactive babblers, but they coexist peacefully with the introverted ones. Nothing is an obligation in Light, nor will you be looked down upon for not participating in anything.

Personally, the words I would use to describe the Light Flight community are Mature, Easy-Going and Interested.

But don't ask me, ask the community.
LazyKat wrote:
I have to say that Light is kind, outgoing, generous, and capable without the need to be combative or overly competitive. Speaking personally, I actually am a competitive person, but the Light flight still fits me because I'm also happy to celebrate the achievements of another when they surpass mine. (...) I feel like that's a quality that the Light flight would support.
kirassalus wrote:
I'd say that if you're here for the dragons and not to play the economy or try to edge out the other flights in Dominance, Light is a good fit. I like all parts of the game and I've really enjoyed exploring the site and learning about trends
Highgarden wrote:
We are thinkers, philosophers, questioners, readers, searchers of knowledge and truth, but we also have fun, we make jokes and throw around glitter and enjoy the inner child that we all have, because we don't have to always be serious, we understand that balance.
(see the third post for a few more quotes)

yml2.png
The Light forums are private to our flight only, perfect to organize Dominance and keep your in-flight jokes and pet projects. As mentioned before, Light flight includes a great bunch of introverts. Some only step out of the shadows to participate in the Light forums and aren't as active in other forums.

In spite of being a bit on the quiet side, you will most certainly get replies from us if you start a topic or ask a question. The pace of our forums may not suit you if you're the very chatty type (though we also have an active Skype!) but it's a great environment to get to know people easily and feel you belong somewhere.
kagamination wrote:
I'm not a huge part of the Light forums at this moment, because of my own social anxiety over how people will perceive me. But for the most part, I find Light flight really friendly, from what I've seen, as I stalk the forums. It's easygoing and relaxed here (...).
Khadjin wrote:
It's a flight that has a "small community" feel, you don't get lost in there. (...) There's always some ongoing discussion and you get to know active acolights pretty quick. Light Flight has a warm and generous community, always ready to help newcomers and each others.
Arcadema wrote:
when I first showed up, I was a complete anxious wreck, but now I'm not too afraid to get my toes a little wet in the "social" pool now and then. […] I started to comment on the forums for the first time here, and I've learned many of the ins and outs of FR thanks to fellow flight-mates. It's really an excellent flight for people like me, and I'm sure for new-comers as well. Nobody here acts superior and there is always an air of warmth and kindness.

Over time we've worked toward keeping our forums as organized as possible so that as our population and activity increase it's still easy to find relevant topics. We have a number of useful stickies, including a general directory of links towards various subjects, guides and a number of services and charity works (we have a reputation as a generous flight!). We also have sticky threads for dragon sales, trades and raffles, so that our forums don't get cluttered by advertising. We encourage acolights to be considerate and use these! All the stickied threads do mean that the forums sometimes seem to move slow (given the smaller number of active threads).

Our topics cover a wide range of subjects, from dragons to hobbies to personal projects, Lore or general chat threads, literature discussions, recipe repository and artsy topics. Occasionally Philosophy, trivia facts or poetry threads pop up. Introductory threads are very common and often result in several pages of light chatter. The flight is very open to new initiatives (start a thread yourself!)

we1x.png
What is Dominance? It is meant to be a friendly competition between flights, and a way to weed out the surplus of dragons on the site. Dominance is won by "exalting" dragons, that is removing them from the game and sending them to serve under their reigning deity. If you want to read about Dominance in detail, feel free to read the wiki.

The larger the flight is, the more dragons people in this flight have to exalt to win; this mechanic helps the smaller flights to avoid a disadvantage when pushing for dominance against more populated ones. Currently, Light is one of the smaller/average-sized flights, so this is rather good for us.

We used to be pretty disorganized in Light, even though we made a lot of progress over the past months! One of the reasons why it took us some time to get in gears for Dominance is that we're one of the least competitive flights, as we like fostering a relaxed atmosphere and do not wish to make any enemies.
otterbeans wrote:
As a more casual FR player, light flight suits me perfectly. There's no rush or hurry on anything, a laid back atmosphere, and literally zero feelings of competition. A great place to kick up your feet and enjoy the sunshine.
Atropa wrote:
Dominance is something I've found Light to be extraordinarily relaxed about. Pushes are planned, and so is the raffle, but the overall attitude is very... sedate. It doesn't take over the forums, and feels very much like something you can do if you feel like it, or completely ignore if you feel like it. […] At this point Light's dominance efforts seem to move like a well oiled machine.

Overall if you feel Dominance is going to be a large part of your playstyle, you may want to consider a more competitive flight. Though we're not experts, we do our best to keep our pushes organized and efficient; to this end, we generally plan fewer dominance pushes than other flights, giving ourselves more time to prepare before and relax afterwards.

If you join Light you will notice we have a couple of stickies in our private forums to know when we are pushing for Dominance or if you want to get involved in any way.

Light_rune_100x100.pngLight_rune_100x100.pngLight_rune_100x100.pngLight_rune_100x100.png
jaZD1S7.png
[center][img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q14/UrusaiNeko/Glittermomandbaby_zps1fe1b033.jpg[/img][/center] [b]List of Acolight contacts[/b] Want more information, curious about something in particular or new to the site and confused? Post & Ping (type @ before a name to ping) any of the following Light members. You may also message them (go to search (user)->user profile and click "send message") or leave a profile comment for them. @Svae @HighGarden @Atropa @Khadjin @krissalus @Seirius @Byou @ShiniIllumi @ChibiEnvyChan @Chelsey [img]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1312/pheg.png[/img] -The Light Flight is housed in the Sunbeam Ruins, neighbouring the Shadow, Lightning, and Water territories (and Nature's island). The Ruins consist of the Sundial Terrace and the Mirrorlight Promenade, elegant and sun-bathed decayed structures built in correspondence with sun-time, the Beacon of the Radiant Eye, a tower on the edge of a cliff that overlooks the sea, and the Hewn City, foggy, mysterious ruins studied by Light dragons (but so far unresolved). -Light dragons' nests are laid in a warm sand hole surrounded by grass near the light ruins. The eggs themselves are pale yellow and radiate a bit of light. If you look closely, you can see they are a little transparent - you might be able to spot a baby dragon growing inside your eggs. -The Light festival is the Brightshine Jubilee, which takes place in the last week of June. The first Jubilee in 2013 was the first festival ever to be celebrated on Flight Rising. -The Sunbeam Ruins' native dragon breed is the Pearlcatcher. Both the male and female can be seen to hold a bright, shiny pearl in their claw at all times - even hatchlings have one. Pearlcatchers are magic-type dragons (as opposed to physical) and dislike conflict. -The Light Flight is currently the 7th largest flight, with slightly over 3500 members. It is somewhere near the middle between the largest (Wind) and the smallest (Earth) flight. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/8/3healthy_0dead.png[/img] [u][b]Homely Advice[/b][/u] [quote name=kagamination]Although yes, it would be nice if new members did join the Light flight, I'd honestly just advise them to go with the flight that they feel represents themselves. Light represents truth because it reveals.[/quote] [quote name=LazyKat]I suppose points I would emphasize to new users if they asked me... -Light is welcoming and easy-going -Our forum traffic is balanced; unhurried but not immobile -We can hold our own, but our nature is to live and let live -Light is shiny[/quote] [u][b]On a final note (to sum up the flight)[/b][/u] [quote name=Svae]I visualize Light as something akin to FR University, a mix between Berkeley and MIT. We have libraries (with all the books that ever were), museums and art galleries. We have laboratories and workshops and an observatory, and giant amphitheaters with wide sunny ledges to bask on while you take in the latest lecture or performance piece. The large, and ever popular cafeteria/dining green serves up an incredible Mussle stew, June Flower salad or Anole Skewer for when you remember to sit down and eat, or you can just grab a bag of crisp-fried Shellbug to go. We have philosophers and physicists and mystics. Readers. Thinkers. Questioners. We have a friendly, warm, and generous community. And, lest anyone take us too seriously, we have plenty of glitter and cheese! :D[/quote] [img]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4404/o5hf.png[/img] All our lovely acolight contributors~ Too many to name :) In particular; Khadjin (#39571), who wrote part of this thread Tabee (#14653), who straightened out the spelling errors and weird sentences [u]The wonderful artists[/u] who made the Light art in this thread: Corrose (#40165) [Shiny image at the top of the first post] DancingHare (#27230) [Lightweaver reading a book] Confectionary (#35405) [Glittermom in all her human glory] Pharade (#21371) [Poem under the Deity section]
Glittermomandbaby_zps1fe1b033.jpg

List of Acolight contacts
Want more information, curious about something in particular or new to the site and confused? Post & Ping (type @ before a name to ping) any of the following Light members. You may also message them (go to search (user)->user profile and click "send message") or leave a profile comment for them.
@Svae
@HighGarden
@Atropa
@Khadjin
@krissalus
@Seirius
@Byou
@ShiniIllumi
@ChibiEnvyChan
@Chelsey

pheg.png
-The Light Flight is housed in the Sunbeam Ruins, neighbouring the Shadow, Lightning, and Water territories (and Nature's island). The Ruins consist of the Sundial Terrace and the Mirrorlight Promenade, elegant and sun-bathed decayed structures built in correspondence with sun-time, the Beacon of the Radiant Eye, a tower on the edge of a cliff that overlooks the sea, and the Hewn City, foggy, mysterious ruins studied by Light dragons (but so far unresolved).

-Light dragons' nests are laid in a warm sand hole surrounded by grass near the light ruins. The eggs themselves are pale yellow and radiate a bit of light. If you look closely, you can see they are a little transparent - you might be able to spot a baby dragon growing inside your eggs.

-The Light festival is the Brightshine Jubilee, which takes place in the last week of June. The first Jubilee in 2013 was the first festival ever to be celebrated on Flight Rising.

-The Sunbeam Ruins' native dragon breed is the Pearlcatcher. Both the male and female can be seen to hold a bright, shiny pearl in their claw at all times - even hatchlings have one. Pearlcatchers are magic-type dragons (as opposed to physical) and dislike conflict.

-The Light Flight is currently the 7th largest flight, with slightly over 3500 members. It is somewhere near the middle between the largest (Wind) and the smallest (Earth) flight.

3healthy_0dead.png

Homely Advice
kagamination wrote:
Although yes, it would be nice if new members did join the Light flight, I'd honestly just advise them to go with the flight that they feel represents themselves. Light represents truth because it reveals.
LazyKat wrote:
I suppose points I would emphasize to new users if they asked me...
-Light is welcoming and easy-going
-Our forum traffic is balanced; unhurried but not immobile
-We can hold our own, but our nature is to live and let live
-Light is shiny

On a final note (to sum up the flight)
Svae wrote:
I visualize Light as something akin to FR University, a mix between Berkeley and MIT. We have libraries (with all the books that ever were), museums and art galleries. We have laboratories and workshops and an observatory, and giant amphitheaters with wide sunny ledges to bask on while you take in the latest lecture or performance piece. The large, and ever popular cafeteria/dining green serves up an incredible Mussle stew, June Flower salad or Anole Skewer for when you remember to sit down and eat, or you can just grab a bag of crisp-fried Shellbug to go.

We have philosophers and physicists and mystics. Readers. Thinkers. Questioners.
We have a friendly, warm, and generous community.
And, lest anyone take us too seriously, we have plenty of glitter and cheese! :D

o5hf.png
All our lovely acolight contributors~ Too many to name :)
In particular;
Khadjin (#39571), who wrote part of this thread
Tabee (#14653), who straightened out the spelling errors and weird sentences
The wonderful artists who made the Light art in this thread:
Corrose (#40165) [Shiny image at the top of the first post]
DancingHare (#27230) [Lightweaver reading a book]
Confectionary (#35405) [Glittermom in all her human glory]
Pharade (#21371) [Poem under the Deity section]
jaZD1S7.png
Reserved, just in case.
Reserved, just in case.
jaZD1S7.png
._.

Jehovah's Witnesses have come to FlightRising in the form of Light Acolytes. RUN!

(Please note that I'm stating this humorously.)
._.

Jehovah's Witnesses have come to FlightRising in the form of Light Acolytes. RUN!

(Please note that I'm stating this humorously.)
newsignature_by_zelanthair-d7hardd.png
@Merlin
*leaves flier on door*

I hope you too will come to the light one day OvO
@Merlin
*leaves flier on door*

I hope you too will come to the light one day OvO
kIvALu.png
@Merlin Have you accepted adopted the Glittermom? :D
@Merlin Have you accepted adopted the Glittermom? :D
g2thlfJ.png uWdWv70.png
@Byou

Glittermom is so sad she isn't under the contacts list.
@Byou

Glittermom is so sad she isn't under the contacts list.
Please ping me if you want me to read something.
Light's Baldwin Trading Thread
ColiforLife_zpscbfcm2si.jpg
@Glittermom

I mentioned it in the Light Forums too :P
@Glittermom

I mentioned it in the Light Forums too :P
...This thread is awesome. o_o I wish every flight had one!
I think we Windies kind of forgot.. eheh.

@Merlin
XD Ohhhh noo! *closes door as quick as possible*
...This thread is awesome. o_o I wish every flight had one!
I think we Windies kind of forgot.. eheh.

@Merlin
XD Ohhhh noo! *closes door as quick as possible*
Kiulani_combined_pixelbanner_art_by_dreamingcity_1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10