Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opposite Flights
1 2 3 4
@Balerion
Ice is a knowledge based flight too, although their angle seems to be categorising everything into the correct filing cabinet and getting upset with people messing up their neatly ordered systems.
@Balerion
Ice is a knowledge based flight too, although their angle seems to be categorising everything into the correct filing cabinet and getting upset with people messing up their neatly ordered systems.
Seeking male mirror skins/accents.
@Morgrim Hmm, it does make sense that they would be the cold (geddit? geddit?) and calculating sort.

I am now imagining the Arcanist, Lightweaver, and Stormcatcher having an impassioned debate while the Icewarden watches and quietly disdains them all, maybe occasionally adding his input when it starts to calm down. It's too amusing for him to let it die.
@Morgrim Hmm, it does make sense that they would be the cold (geddit? geddit?) and calculating sort.

I am now imagining the Arcanist, Lightweaver, and Stormcatcher having an impassioned debate while the Icewarden watches and quietly disdains them all, maybe occasionally adding his input when it starts to calm down. It's too amusing for him to let it die.
BLACK LIVES MATTER (Contains ways to help even if you can't donate/attend a protest!)| More ways to help | Free charity sites

IIQudw5.png
I think Fire and Ice are shown to be more antagonistic towards one another. It's made to sound like Fire (and Lightning) are making active incursions into the Southern Icefield. It's also heavily implied they're melting and buggering up the floes.

Whereas neither Water nor Fire says anything about conflict between the two despite sharing a border.

Honestly Water just seems like a bunch of sea hippies so Greyjoy's motion to leave them out could probably ride D:
I think Fire and Ice are shown to be more antagonistic towards one another. It's made to sound like Fire (and Lightning) are making active incursions into the Southern Icefield. It's also heavily implied they're melting and buggering up the floes.

Whereas neither Water nor Fire says anything about conflict between the two despite sharing a border.

Honestly Water just seems like a bunch of sea hippies so Greyjoy's motion to leave them out could probably ride D:
@Altan You know, you're right. Petition to refer to all Water flight members as "sea hippies"?
@Altan You know, you're right. Petition to refer to all Water flight members as "sea hippies"?
BLACK LIVES MATTER (Contains ways to help even if you can't donate/attend a protest!)| More ways to help | Free charity sites

IIQudw5.png

Fire melts Ice. Ice turns into Water. Water puts out Fire.

Ice still wins. Logic.
Personally though I just see Ice/Icewarden being solitary all together unless otherwise needed. He hates everyone and everything and is only really friendly in the smut Arcanist writes.

Fire melts Ice. Ice turns into Water. Water puts out Fire.

Ice still wins. Logic.
Personally though I just see Ice/Icewarden being solitary all together unless otherwise needed. He hates everyone and everything and is only really friendly in the smut Arcanist writes.

I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
I've had a sudden image of Arcane, Lightning, Light, and Ice all working together.

WE COULD HAVE THOSE FLYING CARS AND MOON COLONIES ALL OF THE OLD SCI FI BOOKS AND MOVIES PREDICTED.

Arcane would stumble upon something, Lightning would analyze it and dissect it to find out how Arcane reached those results, Light would find applications for the new technology and Ice would keep neat references and databases so the technology could be optimized, by Lightning. Then Arcane would tinker with the technology and make a new discovery that starts the whole process all over again.
I've had a sudden image of Arcane, Lightning, Light, and Ice all working together.

WE COULD HAVE THOSE FLYING CARS AND MOON COLONIES ALL OF THE OLD SCI FI BOOKS AND MOVIES PREDICTED.

Arcane would stumble upon something, Lightning would analyze it and dissect it to find out how Arcane reached those results, Light would find applications for the new technology and Ice would keep neat references and databases so the technology could be optimized, by Lightning. Then Arcane would tinker with the technology and make a new discovery that starts the whole process all over again.
actually five generic seekers in a combiner coat
@Balerion

See, I know a lot of folks equate Arcanist with magic...

But he was basically born from a nuclear reaction, according to the lore. He's definitely got a little science in 'im. ^.-
@Balerion

See, I know a lot of folks equate Arcanist with magic...

But he was basically born from a nuclear reaction, according to the lore. He's definitely got a little science in 'im. ^.-
Lightning retiree, Dom Dormer
q2ZFmJW.pnggptJKcP.png
Nature and plague are definitely at odds with each other, which makes sense since they're opposites. But then you look at the first four, and water and air fought each other, as did earth and fire. So it isn't always a straight forward opposites thing.

I think it's everybody against everybody, although some gods get along better than others. (Nature and plague will never get along at all, ever ever.)
Nature and plague are definitely at odds with each other, which makes sense since they're opposites. But then you look at the first four, and water and air fought each other, as did earth and fire. So it isn't always a straight forward opposites thing.

I think it's everybody against everybody, although some gods get along better than others. (Nature and plague will never get along at all, ever ever.)
“blaireau’s
Ice is the left out flight, by choice. Look on the map! We're separated from all the other lands. [quote]This harsh landscape has embittered generations of its denizens over time, lending to increasing hostility towards outsiders as the landmass continues to shrink.[/quote] We just hate everybody. ;)
Ice is the left out flight, by choice. Look on the map! We're separated from all the other lands.
Quote:
This harsh landscape has embittered generations of its denizens over time, lending to increasing hostility towards outsiders as the landmass continues to shrink.

We just hate everybody. ;)
It's my understanding that Earth, Fire, Water and Wind are the flights of the "First Four" and those deities hate each other to the extent that they battled each other for centuries with no regards to the damage they were doing. Next came Stormcatcher, Shadowbinder, Lightweaver, and Icewarden... and they caused more damage to the planet even if not from fighting with each other. Next came the Shade, and the eight teamed up with each other to battle it.... so yes, there was a time when even Light and Shadow were on the same side. Plague and Nature were at war with each other in the third age, but they are also described as being sisters. Arcane was oblivious to them and only shown to be in conflict with the Shade.

So I would say that things are:
Earth - Fire - Water - Wind
Nature - Plague
Light - Shadow

Neutral Flights (only really opposes the Shade):
Lightning
Ice
Arcane
It's my understanding that Earth, Fire, Water and Wind are the flights of the "First Four" and those deities hate each other to the extent that they battled each other for centuries with no regards to the damage they were doing. Next came Stormcatcher, Shadowbinder, Lightweaver, and Icewarden... and they caused more damage to the planet even if not from fighting with each other. Next came the Shade, and the eight teamed up with each other to battle it.... so yes, there was a time when even Light and Shadow were on the same side. Plague and Nature were at war with each other in the third age, but they are also described as being sisters. Arcane was oblivious to them and only shown to be in conflict with the Shade.

So I would say that things are:
Earth - Fire - Water - Wind
Nature - Plague
Light - Shadow

Neutral Flights (only really opposes the Shade):
Lightning
Ice
Arcane
qDavPTk.png
1 2 3 4