Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Deep: A Mafia Game (DISCUSSION)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 99 100
[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/612092049189240843/617906464983351296/282A66FB-9ECF-49CF-AB1D-77596C886107.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2745742/1]Sign Up Thread [/url]|[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2747162] Lynch Thread[/url][/center] You’re stranded, thousands of kilometers deep in the Pacific. The submarine expedition was meant to explore underwater trenches and to collect data on deep sea life. It was meant to be revolutionary, to change the way people thought of the ocean and bring back new information about Earth’s final frontier. Instead, the engines broke down, leaving you and your fellow crew stuck deep in the Mariana Trench. You don’t know how long it will take you to be rescued, and food is running low. Who knows how long you’ll be stranded there, in the home of leviathans, alone in the unknown? Worse— there are rumors on board the submarine that someone, or a group of people, might be tampering with the oxygen supplies and stealing from the dwindling food stores. You know that there are some people aboard who would do anything to survive. The question is, who could it be? [rule] Hey, Pastry here, this is my first time running a mafia game, so I hope you all have fun! I’m subbed, but it’s perfectly fine if you ping me. :) (Disclaimer: none of this will be scientifically accurate, I have no idea how submarines actually work.) Here are the game rules!:[i] (feel free to skip ahead if you’ve played mafia before, these are basically just very generic rules)[/i] [center][size=5][b]RULES[/b][/size][/center] -Follow all FR rules! -Do not edit or delete posts without permission. (Unless you’re me, mwah ha ha ha). You will receive a warning if you do. -No outside communication about the game, unless it is otherwise stated in your rolecard. -Don’t take screenshots or quote anything I tell you privately about the game. Paraphrasing, however, is fine! -Try your best to keep the fluff down to a minimum. -As this is a game of mafia, things might get a little heated, but try to attack arguments, not people. If needed, I will step in and keep things from getting out of hand. -You must post a minimum of two times every day phase in the discussion thread, and one time every night. (They don’t need to be long! Anything will do, so long as it’s a post! ^^) Failure to do so will result in a warning after the phase, and if you continue to fail to meet the post requirement after that, you will be modkilled or replaced. -Don’t post in the thread after you’ve been killed. I’ll send you the link to the spectator chat instead. -If I have to change or add any rules, I’ll be sure to let everyone know. [center][size=5][b]INFO[/b][/size][/center] -This is a role madness (everyone will have an ability!), non-roleplay, b*stard mafia game. I have my own rolecard!! ;) -The mod can lie and withhold information! I will not, however lie about basic game information, but if I cannot answer a question, I will let you know. -Days are 48 hours, nights are 24. Both will end at 18:30 FR time. -Lockdown is at 17:30 FR time, meaning that no actions or votes can be submitted past this time. However, you may still continue post in the discussion thread. -The post requirement is 2 every day phase, and 1 every night phase. -I’ll send people QuickTopic links to discuss the game if needed, like if they’re mafia or if they’re spectators. Don’t worry, you do not need an account to post! (You must use your FR username though, or make it clear who you are. No confusing other players by lying about your identity!) -Town wins if they can successfully eliminate all members of the mafia. -Mafia wins once the number of non-mafia players is equal to, or less than the number of living mafia. -Third parties have their own win conditions. -The game will end when either town or mafia win. All 3ps have non-game-ending win conditions. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask me! I have a feeling this game will be extra chaotic! ;)
282A66FB-9ECF-49CF-AB1D-77596C886107.png

You’re stranded, thousands of kilometers deep in the Pacific.

The submarine expedition was meant to explore underwater trenches and to collect data on deep sea life. It was meant to be revolutionary, to change the way people thought of the ocean and bring back new information about Earth’s final frontier.

Instead, the engines broke down, leaving you and your fellow crew stuck deep in the Mariana Trench. You don’t know how long it will take you to be rescued, and food is running low. Who knows how long you’ll be stranded there, in the home of leviathans, alone in the unknown?

Worse— there are rumors on board the submarine that someone, or a group of people, might be tampering with the oxygen supplies and stealing from the dwindling food stores. You know that there are some people aboard who would do anything to survive. The question is, who could it be?

Hey, Pastry here, this is my first time running a mafia game, so I hope you all have fun! I’m subbed, but it’s perfectly fine if you ping me. :)

(Disclaimer: none of this will be scientifically accurate, I have no idea how submarines actually work.)

Here are the game rules!: (feel free to skip ahead if you’ve played mafia before, these are basically just very generic rules)
RULES
-Follow all FR rules!
-Do not edit or delete posts without permission. (Unless you’re me, mwah ha ha ha). You will receive a warning if you do.
-No outside communication about the game, unless it is otherwise stated in your rolecard.
-Don’t take screenshots or quote anything I tell you privately about the game. Paraphrasing, however, is fine!
-Try your best to keep the fluff down to a minimum.
-As this is a game of mafia, things might get a little heated, but try to attack arguments, not people. If needed, I will step in and keep things from getting out of hand.
-You must post a minimum of two times every day phase in the discussion thread, and one time every night. (They don’t need to be long! Anything will do, so long as it’s a post! ^^) Failure to do so will result in a warning after the phase, and if you continue to fail to meet the post requirement after that, you will be modkilled or replaced.
-Don’t post in the thread after you’ve been killed. I’ll send you the link to the spectator chat instead.
-If I have to change or add any rules, I’ll be sure to let everyone know.

INFO
-This is a role madness (everyone will have an ability!), non-roleplay, b*stard mafia game. I have my own rolecard!! ;)
-The mod can lie and withhold information! I will not, however lie about basic game information, but if I cannot answer a question, I will let you know.
-Days are 48 hours, nights are 24. Both will end at 18:30 FR time.
-Lockdown is at 17:30 FR time, meaning that no actions or votes can be submitted past this time. However, you may still continue post in the discussion thread.
-The post requirement is 2 every day phase, and 1 every night phase.
-I’ll send people QuickTopic links to discuss the game if needed, like if they’re mafia or if they’re spectators. Don’t worry, you do not need an account to post! (You must use your FR username though, or make it clear who you are. No confusing other players by lying about your identity!)
-Town wins if they can successfully eliminate all members of the mafia.
-Mafia wins once the number of non-mafia players is equal to, or less than the number of living mafia.
-Third parties have their own win conditions.
-The game will end when either town or mafia win. All 3ps have non-game-ending win conditions.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask me! I have a feeling this game will be extra chaotic! ;)
EH86U9Z.pngLJ3kbI9.pngvCRntgo.png
Players:
0. TastyPastry (The Architect) killed Night 3
1. RadioReprise
2. Foxstarplayful
3. Requacy
4. Warriorgirl1234 Tanglefire (The Secret Admirer), killed Night 2
5. Dragonsnest Tynnk (The Dreamer) killed Night 3
6. nightskyseer (The Reporter), killed Night 1
7. Maithax
8. Dragonclaw101 (The Cartographer), lynched Day 1
9. Tweeter101
10. Oralee (The Secret Admirer), killed Night 2
11. Melonwings
12. StarCookies (The Engineer), lynched Day 3
13. MurderlessCrow
14. MysticalScribe (The Stowaway), killed Night 2

Subs (unlimited):
1. Tanglefire
2. DuskyChangeling
3. Tynnk

Spectators (unlimited):
1. WilhelmGrimm
2. EmbertheSkywing
Players:
0. TastyPastry (The Architect) killed Night 3
1. RadioReprise
2. Foxstarplayful
3. Requacy
4. Warriorgirl1234 Tanglefire (The Secret Admirer), killed Night 2
5. Dragonsnest Tynnk (The Dreamer) killed Night 3
6. nightskyseer (The Reporter), killed Night 1
7. Maithax
8. Dragonclaw101 (The Cartographer), lynched Day 1
9. Tweeter101
10. Oralee (The Secret Admirer), killed Night 2
11. Melonwings
12. StarCookies (The Engineer), lynched Day 3
13. MurderlessCrow
14. MysticalScribe (The Stowaway), killed Night 2

Subs (unlimited):
1. Tanglefire
2. DuskyChangeling
3. Tynnk

Spectators (unlimited):
1. WilhelmGrimm
2. EmbertheSkywing
Important Links

Start of Day 1
End of Day 1/ Start of Night 1
Deleted Scene
End of Night 1/ Start of Day 2
End of Day 2/ Start of Night 2
End of Night 2/ Start of Day 3
End of Day 3/ Start of Night 3
End of the Game
Important Links

Start of Day 1
End of Day 1/ Start of Night 1
Deleted Scene
End of Night 1/ Start of Day 2
End of Day 2/ Start of Night 2
End of Night 2/ Start of Day 3
End of Day 3/ Start of Night 3
End of the Game
START OF DAY 1
I think I sent out all the roles and links I should have, so you guys can start posting now! Unfortunately, I timed this rather badly, so I didn’t have time to write the flavor yet, but as soon as I finish, I’ll edit this post and add it in! I didn’t want to keep you guys waiting, so I thought I’d ping you first.

One minute, the submarine is moving along merrily, and the next minute, it is not. It stops, as most things tend to do, with a splutter— everyone onboard hears it. A loud grinding sound echoes from the engine room, followed by a gurgle. Then, there is silence.

The lights flicker, then shut off. The submarine stops moving forward, though something— perhaps the current— pulls it starboard, and with a crash, it slams into the side of the trench. It falls through the deep, tumbling through the dark water until it lands on a sort of alcove in the walls of the trench. It teeters, sending all of the scientists inside it stumbling, then stabilizes.

Deep within the hold of the sub, a stowaway awakes with a jolt. The lights are out, and the room is slowly growing colder. “What’s going on?” they whisper into the dark, but there is no response.

“What was that?” a researcher yells, emerging from their room. There are shouts of panic, and soon, all of the occupants of the submarine, save one, are sitting in the small dining hall, some bleary-eyed from sleep, others still wearing their lab coats. They pass around several flashlights, their only source of light in the dim room.

“I think the engine must have failed,” a professor says.

“Nonsense!” the engineer replies, a scowl on their face. “I designed this beauty myself— she wouldn’t have broken down unless somebody tampered with her.”

There’s a more pressing issue though— a botanist emerges from the miniature greenhouse in the submarine, a look of panic on their face. “We only have enough food to last all 15 of us a few days,” they announce. “How long do you think it will take us to be rescued?”

The security guard stands up. “We must do whatever we can to bring the perpetrators to justice! They’ve put everyone on board in danger!”

The dining hall erupts into shouts of outrage, accusations flying around. The architect sits by herself, at a small table near the exit of the room. She smiles, her eyes glinting in the darkness. She wonders how long it will take them to catch on.

Meanwhile, in the shadowy corners of the hall, several of the crew members reach a silent consensus— they all know that they’ll do anything to survive, even if it means killing their fellow crewmates so that there will be enough food for everyone.
The day will end on September 7th, at 18:30.
START OF DAY 1
I think I sent out all the roles and links I should have, so you guys can start posting now! Unfortunately, I timed this rather badly, so I didn’t have time to write the flavor yet, but as soon as I finish, I’ll edit this post and add it in! I didn’t want to keep you guys waiting, so I thought I’d ping you first.

One minute, the submarine is moving along merrily, and the next minute, it is not. It stops, as most things tend to do, with a splutter— everyone onboard hears it. A loud grinding sound echoes from the engine room, followed by a gurgle. Then, there is silence.

The lights flicker, then shut off. The submarine stops moving forward, though something— perhaps the current— pulls it starboard, and with a crash, it slams into the side of the trench. It falls through the deep, tumbling through the dark water until it lands on a sort of alcove in the walls of the trench. It teeters, sending all of the scientists inside it stumbling, then stabilizes.

Deep within the hold of the sub, a stowaway awakes with a jolt. The lights are out, and the room is slowly growing colder. “What’s going on?” they whisper into the dark, but there is no response.

“What was that?” a researcher yells, emerging from their room. There are shouts of panic, and soon, all of the occupants of the submarine, save one, are sitting in the small dining hall, some bleary-eyed from sleep, others still wearing their lab coats. They pass around several flashlights, their only source of light in the dim room.

“I think the engine must have failed,” a professor says.

“Nonsense!” the engineer replies, a scowl on their face. “I designed this beauty myself— she wouldn’t have broken down unless somebody tampered with her.”

There’s a more pressing issue though— a botanist emerges from the miniature greenhouse in the submarine, a look of panic on their face. “We only have enough food to last all 15 of us a few days,” they announce. “How long do you think it will take us to be rescued?”

The security guard stands up. “We must do whatever we can to bring the perpetrators to justice! They’ve put everyone on board in danger!”

The dining hall erupts into shouts of outrage, accusations flying around. The architect sits by herself, at a small table near the exit of the room. She smiles, her eyes glinting in the darkness. She wonders how long it will take them to catch on.

Meanwhile, in the shadowy corners of the hall, several of the crew members reach a silent consensus— they all know that they’ll do anything to survive, even if it means killing their fellow crewmates so that there will be enough food for everyone.
The day will end on September 7th, at 18:30.
YEET LET'S GO
YEET LET'S GO
nightskyseer |answers to parts of username or Spectral|she/her/they/them | fr time +0
Yo, I'd be amped, but I'm about to go to sleep
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
[quote name="Maithax" date="2019-09-05 18:36:15" ] Yo, I'd be amped, but I'm about to go to sleep [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ng72Iez.png[/img]
Maithax wrote on 2019-09-05 18:36:15:
Ng72Iez.png
nightskyseer |answers to parts of username or Spectral|she/her/they/them | fr time +0
YEEHAW.

I'm Radio, he/him or they/them, FR +2, posts might be a little sporadic for the first day or two because of irl stuff! And to get the usual questions out of the way: I don't like mod lynching on the first day, I don't like roleclaiming unless there are good circumstances, and day one lynches are always a good choice because we need to get information and the discussion started.
YEEHAW.

I'm Radio, he/him or they/them, FR +2, posts might be a little sporadic for the first day or two because of irl stuff! And to get the usual questions out of the way: I don't like mod lynching on the first day, I don't like roleclaiming unless there are good circumstances, and day one lynches are always a good choice because we need to get information and the discussion started.

Black Hainu Collar » radio
» he - they
» fr +2 (cst)
» mirror rights
» zephon (wishlist)
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
PEES HWLLO I JUST DIED IN ANOTHER GAME SO H E R E I A M

SUP im speedy, or CROW NOW I GUESS HOLY MOLY I HAVE A NEW NAME!!!!!!!!!!

he/they/xe!!!!! anything but she/her pwease,,
fr+0

i dont like d1 lynches! i have heathers on tuesdays wednesdays and thursdays! i should technically go practice!
PEES HWLLO I JUST DIED IN ANOTHER GAME SO H E R E I A M

SUP im speedy, or CROW NOW I GUESS HOLY MOLY I HAVE A NEW NAME!!!!!!!!!!

he/they/xe!!!!! anything but she/her pwease,,
fr+0

i dont like d1 lynches! i have heathers on tuesdays wednesdays and thursdays! i should technically go practice!
1DKhf3D.png
OH YES I should make introductions and not just meme the excitement overtook me

hello hello it's technically Spectral but everyone calls me Night now so I guess I'm Night now, she/they/I forgot how to spell they for two seconds there, FR +0, I literally have two braincells it isn't uncommon for me to forget my own role, d1 lynches are bad unless someone says they're mafia for some unfathomable reason, but I'm all for modlynches early because a) chaos and b) we'll be more prepared but I won't go for it on my own if the rest of you don't, roleclaims should be saved until late game when everyone is inevitably sussing you and you've miraculously managed to turn your innocent role into something useful for blackmailing, don't lurk, that being said I'll be less active than usual because a) school b) I'm in another game c) I'm going to start my own game because I have no sense of time management
OH YES I should make introductions and not just meme the excitement overtook me

hello hello it's technically Spectral but everyone calls me Night now so I guess I'm Night now, she/they/I forgot how to spell they for two seconds there, FR +0, I literally have two braincells it isn't uncommon for me to forget my own role, d1 lynches are bad unless someone says they're mafia for some unfathomable reason, but I'm all for modlynches early because a) chaos and b) we'll be more prepared but I won't go for it on my own if the rest of you don't, roleclaims should be saved until late game when everyone is inevitably sussing you and you've miraculously managed to turn your innocent role into something useful for blackmailing, don't lurk, that being said I'll be less active than usual because a) school b) I'm in another game c) I'm going to start my own game because I have no sense of time management
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 99 100