Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Endless Night Mafia [End]
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 77 78
@oricole
I've played with Tasty (we've both always been town) and so far she seems.to be playing the same.
Also @fm84 I'd argue interesting logic for Pastry. Yes, scum want a D1 Lynch and to direct it towards an innocent, though @tastypastry I would think maf would play more sus and direct than push hard.for a Lynch. So more Oricole than, say, Firo. Anyway, I doubt Pastry's logic is scum logic. It seems like town logic if not fully thought through logic. Sorry Pastry

Also, I find it odd that someone has announced Oricole's scum tells multiple times before she even got here. I mean...why remind her instead of waiting for her to trip up if she is scum? The flip side is that you could mention that in the scum chat unless you were expey her not to look at it...so not sure, just something I found weird.
@oricole
I've played with Tasty (we've both always been town) and so far she seems.to be playing the same.
Also @fm84 I'd argue interesting logic for Pastry. Yes, scum want a D1 Lynch and to direct it towards an innocent, though @tastypastry I would think maf would play more sus and direct than push hard.for a Lynch. So more Oricole than, say, Firo. Anyway, I doubt Pastry's logic is scum logic. It seems like town logic if not fully thought through logic. Sorry Pastry

Also, I find it odd that someone has announced Oricole's scum tells multiple times before she even got here. I mean...why remind her instead of waiting for her to trip up if she is scum? The flip side is that you could mention that in the scum chat unless you were expey her not to look at it...so not sure, just something I found weird.
FRT +3 | She/her/hers | ISTP
[quote name="@Oricole" date="2019-08-18 21:46:25" ] @/smilefires for outright saying in intro 'hey I didn't roll maf, but I kinda wish I did~' Just, feels a little weird. Sure there is no better time to say it but its not like you can prove it? Not sure what to make of your asking oralee stuff[/quote] (Would it help for visual contrast if I change my avatar/vista?) I have an overwhelming desire to poke the game and make it move when I'm around. Oralee posted just before me, so I thought it was a good time to ask.
@Oricole wrote on 2019-08-18 21:46:25:
@/smilefires for outright saying in intro 'hey I didn't roll maf, but I kinda wish I did~'
Just, feels a little weird. Sure there is no better time to say it but its not like you can prove it?
Not sure what to make of your asking oralee stuff
(Would it help for visual contrast if I change my avatar/vista?)

I have an overwhelming desire to poke the game and make it move when I'm around. Oralee posted just before me, so I thought it was a good time to ask.
[quote name="@FM84" date="2019-08-19 02:22:50" ] can someone pwease remind me how to cohesively post again??? [/quote] Write on top of a bubble. See if it pops. Your previous post to Tasty is pretty good though. When I left for space I didn't expect like. Just a counter-vote.
@FM84 wrote on 2019-08-19 02:22:50:
can someone pwease remind me how to cohesively post again???
Write on top of a bubble. See if it pops.

Your previous post to Tasty is pretty good though. When I left for space I didn't expect like. Just a counter-vote.
[quote name="Oricole" date="2019-08-19 02:42:35" ]Tasty asked smile why vote sprinkless and smile said what I think translates as 'bc sprinkless tried to pull pr control'? [quote name="smilefires" date="2019-08-18 20:41:50" ] [quote name="TastyPastry" date="2019-08-18 20:36:42" ] @//smilefires I’m curious, why did you vote for Sprinkless? Was it random, a gut feeling, or was there anything else? [/quote] It's over what I asked him in my big post - the self-edit so (as he says) it didn't look like he was discouraging scumhunting, and a little less about not actually voting if all voting is the same today. [/quote]Am I reading this right @smilefires ?[/quote] Maybe you typo'd and I don't understand, but...not really? Here are the posts I'm talking about: [quote name="sprinkless" date="2019-08-17 20:19:59" ] I’m always against D1 lynching EXCEPT if it’s all vanilla roles, so I do think we should lynch randomly. This does have it’s problems - First, mafia will always be willing to random lynch, especially since it’s most likely to take out a townie. Second, it’s most likely to take out a townie. Obviously flawed. Of course, we have no other choice, so let’s see where this goes. [/quote] Talks about lynching randomly today. If that's your plan, you can just vote for someone right away and be done with it, but sprinkless hasn't voted. [quote name="sprinkless" date="2019-08-18 09:37:36" ] @/Firo Sorry I’m late to respond, but in my opinion, it’s near random when you have little to no evidence. Lynch by inactivity? There may be multiple inactive players. Lynch by suspicious forum posts? Sometimes, that can turn up to be reading too far into something. I much prefer lynching when, yes, they’re backed up - we can’t get info by not liking how long it took someone to get to the thread because that’s life. I was simply stating how while I do intend to do a D1 lynch if possible, I don’t particularly like them with so little info. In summary, all I was trying to get across is I don’t love lynches with little evidence I can agree to, and a vanilla game is pretty new to me. I will be willing to lynch though. [/quote] [quote name="sprinkless" date="2019-08-18 09:43:26" ] To go with not editing posts, I’m going to go ahead and retract “reading too much into something.” I realize this is but scumhunting and is really important in this game, so be my guest and analyze some more :D What I meant by it is sometimes it’s just a phrase or a manner of speaking someone uses that can be wrongly interpreted. [/quote] Then, this shows that he cares about how his posts read to other people, completely unprompted (these two posts are right next to each other). I think he wants to cover for saying something that reads like "trying to solve the game using interactions is futile", already knowing that it looks bad, before anyone can call him out for it. It's like...we get this, not many people here play vanilla games. If sprinkless hadn't gone back to fix that statement, I'd probably just be sighing a lot because players aren't confident that we can make a good decision today. But I'm wary of his worry about how his language around this looks. [quote name="Oricole" date="2019-08-19 02:42:35" ]@peopleIhaveneverplayedwith do you guys know anyone here Also help I'm too concerned about feelings. You guys will be okay if I ask you things a little more suspiciously right [/quote] I'm cool with getting grilled. I know Firo and Varikset, but not too much in terms of mafia and it's been over a year since I played here. Firo's description of how she plays tracks with things she's said before, for sure.
Oricole wrote on 2019-08-19 02:42:35:
Tasty asked smile why vote sprinkless and smile said what I think translates as 'bc sprinkless tried to pull pr control'?
smilefires wrote on 2019-08-18 20:41:50:
TastyPastry wrote on 2019-08-18 20:36:42:
@//smilefires

I’m curious, why did you vote for Sprinkless? Was it random, a gut feeling, or was there anything else?
It's over what I asked him in my big post - the self-edit so (as he says) it didn't look like he was discouraging scumhunting, and a little less about not actually voting if all voting is the same today.
Am I reading this right @smilefires ?

Maybe you typo'd and I don't understand, but...not really? Here are the posts I'm talking about:
sprinkless wrote on 2019-08-17 20:19:59:
I’m always against D1 lynching EXCEPT if it’s all vanilla roles, so I do think we should lynch randomly.
This does have it’s problems - First, mafia will always be willing to random lynch, especially since it’s most likely to take out a townie. Second, it’s most likely to take out a townie. Obviously flawed. Of course, we have no other choice, so let’s see where this goes.
Talks about lynching randomly today. If that's your plan, you can just vote for someone right away and be done with it, but sprinkless hasn't voted.
sprinkless wrote on 2019-08-18 09:37:36:
@/Firo Sorry I’m late to respond, but in my opinion, it’s near random when you have little to no evidence. Lynch by inactivity? There may be multiple inactive players. Lynch by suspicious forum posts? Sometimes, that can turn up to be reading too far into something. I much prefer lynching when, yes, they’re backed up - we can’t get info by not liking how long it took someone to get to the thread because that’s life. I was simply stating how while I do intend to do a D1 lynch if possible, I don’t particularly like them with so little info.
In summary, all I was trying to get across is I don’t love lynches with little evidence I can agree to, and a vanilla game is pretty new to me. I will be willing to lynch though.
sprinkless wrote on 2019-08-18 09:43:26:
To go with not editing posts, I’m going to go ahead and retract “reading too much into something.” I realize this is but scumhunting and is really important in this game, so be my guest and analyze some more :D What I meant by it is sometimes it’s just a phrase or a manner of speaking someone uses that can be wrongly interpreted.
Then, this shows that he cares about how his posts read to other people, completely unprompted (these two posts are right next to each other). I think he wants to cover for saying something that reads like "trying to solve the game using interactions is futile", already knowing that it looks bad, before anyone can call him out for it.

It's like...we get this, not many people here play vanilla games. If sprinkless hadn't gone back to fix that statement, I'd probably just be sighing a lot because players aren't confident that we can make a good decision today. But I'm wary of his worry about how his language around this looks.
Oricole wrote on 2019-08-19 02:42:35:
@peopleIhaveneverplayedwith do you guys know anyone here
Also help I'm too concerned about feelings. You guys will be okay if I ask you things a little more suspiciously right
I'm cool with getting grilled. I know Firo and Varikset, but not too much in terms of mafia and it's been over a year since I played here. Firo's description of how she plays tracks with things she's said before, for sure.
Oop, @Oricole, the post above is to you
Oop, @Oricole, the post above is to you
hey pastry

time seems to be a big argument for you so let's math it out

let's say lynches have been remarkably conksunk and everyone strung up has been town

we also assume that maf kills every night because why would they not

SETUP: 7 TOWN, 2 MAFIA

IN AN ALWAYS LYNCH SITUATION:

D1 -2 town, 5/2
D2 -2 town, 3/2, entering LYLO

IN A D1 NOLYNCH SITUATION:

D1 -1 town, 6/2
D2 -2 town, 4/2, entering MYLO - there's space to nolynch here to lengthen it into a D3 LYLO, but at this point, why

IN A SITUATION WHERE THINGS ARE SOMEHOW SO CONKSUNK THERE ARE NO LYNCHES AT ALL:

we're all dead because we have successfully bent over and dropped trou for NKs
hey pastry

time seems to be a big argument for you so let's math it out

let's say lynches have been remarkably conksunk and everyone strung up has been town

we also assume that maf kills every night because why would they not

SETUP: 7 TOWN, 2 MAFIA

IN AN ALWAYS LYNCH SITUATION:

D1 -2 town, 5/2
D2 -2 town, 3/2, entering LYLO

IN A D1 NOLYNCH SITUATION:

D1 -1 town, 6/2
D2 -2 town, 4/2, entering MYLO - there's space to nolynch here to lengthen it into a D3 LYLO, but at this point, why

IN A SITUATION WHERE THINGS ARE SOMEHOW SO CONKSUNK THERE ARE NO LYNCHES AT ALL:

we're all dead because we have successfully bent over and dropped trou for NKs
pardon me, d4 I think
pardon me, d4 I think
anyway, the point is that the town benefit from nolynching d1 in this setup is extremely negligible, and I don't really see why you think it's A Mafia Thing To Push
anyway, the point is that the town benefit from nolynching d1 in this setup is extremely negligible, and I don't really see why you think it's A Mafia Thing To Push
So I get that people are frozen by the concept of reading people they've never played with before, but like. It's a good idea to try to do what you can.

If you haven't already built concepts for yourself of town vs. mafia behavior for the average person, maybe make a T-chart and try it out. So even if you don't know someone, you could say "this person is definitely doing something in my mafia column and I don't like it" and you're still contributing to the discussion. Don't worry about the step of not knowing a person that someone else knows.

Iunno, I have a hard time going through a game where I'm not observing things about most players and trying to file them on one side or the other, even if it can feel pretty futile in the end
So I get that people are frozen by the concept of reading people they've never played with before, but like. It's a good idea to try to do what you can.

If you haven't already built concepts for yourself of town vs. mafia behavior for the average person, maybe make a T-chart and try it out. So even if you don't know someone, you could say "this person is definitely doing something in my mafia column and I don't like it" and you're still contributing to the discussion. Don't worry about the step of not knowing a person that someone else knows.

Iunno, I have a hard time going through a game where I'm not observing things about most players and trying to file them on one side or the other, even if it can feel pretty futile in the end
@firo
Pwease define conksunk
@firo
Pwease define conksunk

FM-84

Infused Crystal
be chill
*Interflight Mafia Hub
*Lands of the Mistspinner
she/her | FR +0
Na7B6bN.gif8C0EiQk.gifKRyQ72d.gifOssXf63.gifftusvnH.gifkjbIgye.gif
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 77 78