Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [DISCUSSION] Creation III: 13 stars
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 98 99
Oh, and also, follow up question, for actions that invlove other characters, when deciding what to do with your action, can we only interact with fellow players or can we also make decisions involving the NPCs?
Oh, and also, follow up question, for actions that invlove other characters, when deciding what to do with your action, can we only interact with fellow players or can we also make decisions involving the NPCs?
xTOF8.gif8pIam9a.png
@SilverWhiteRaven

Roles tend to be revealed upon your demise; and discussing roles isn't entirely out of the question, but it's a matter that must be taken very carefully.

You can't just go "I'm the so-so, and I do that, and my alignment is this;" as that is rather unsportsmanlike.

It's generally accepted to be more sporty and fair to just keep quiet about roles unless being put on the spot through accusations and suspicion.

Also, this isn't an RP-based thing, so it is highly unlikely there even will be NPCs
@SilverWhiteRaven

Roles tend to be revealed upon your demise; and discussing roles isn't entirely out of the question, but it's a matter that must be taken very carefully.

You can't just go "I'm the so-so, and I do that, and my alignment is this;" as that is rather unsportsmanlike.

It's generally accepted to be more sporty and fair to just keep quiet about roles unless being put on the spot through accusations and suspicion.

Also, this isn't an RP-based thing, so it is highly unlikely there even will be NPCs
g9YXQbU.gifwpEE9mo.pngg9YXQbU.gif
[quote name="SilverWhiteRaven" date="2019-06-23 12:41:08" ] Hi, first time player of a game like this! I have a question, will it be revealed what each of our character roles are, or are we allowed to duscuss our roles? It would make voting strategically much easier instead of it being a blind vote like it seems like it is atm. [/quote] wanna know this too also @SilverWhiteRaven i beleive the characters in the fluff text are our characters? i might be wrong
SilverWhiteRaven wrote on 2019-06-23 12:41:08:
Hi, first time player of a game like this!

I have a question, will it be revealed what each of our character roles are, or are we allowed to duscuss our roles? It would make voting strategically much easier instead of it being a blind vote like it seems like it is atm.
wanna know this too

also @SilverWhiteRaven

i beleive the characters in the fluff text are our characters? i might be wrong
My pronouns are he/him or drae/draer also please click these babs
https://www.deviantart.com/jules2800/gallery/ (art stuff
@SilverWhiteRaven I wouldn't recommend revealing or hinting who you are, especially this early. I would only do it if one, you have important info, two, it's late game and you need to narrow things down, or like Ruga said, if you're put on the spot.
@SilverWhiteRaven I wouldn't recommend revealing or hinting who you are, especially this early. I would only do it if one, you have important info, two, it's late game and you need to narrow things down, or like Ruga said, if you're put on the spot.
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gifjXBxdgJ.pngfire.pngx0CMhAc.pngtumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o4_100.gif
Also @zona you're not suppose to edit posts.
Also @zona you're not suppose to edit posts.
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gifjXBxdgJ.pngfire.pngx0CMhAc.pngtumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o4_100.gif
oh shoot whoops sorry about that .-.
oh shoot whoops sorry about that .-.
(i swear i didnt remove anything
(i swear i didnt remove anything
[quote name="TastyPastry" date="2019-06-23 10:17:49" ] Here’s an alternate thought: Even if you guys don’t necessarily want to make a decision yet on Day 1 (or if you want to play it safe and not risk lynching an innocent), I think it would still be pretty helpful to at least start discussing who looks suspicious later during Day 1 and who you’d want to lynch Day 2, just to get the discussion started. You don’t even have to vote for them on Day 1, just keep looking at their posts to see if they do anything suspicious, and keep discussing it. Then on Day 2, use the info you talked about on Day 1 to make your decision. Basically: I think we should discuss suspicious people later during Day 1, [i]as if we were planning on lynching them[/i], then [i]actually[/i] lynch them on Day 2 when we’re more certain. [/quote] This sounds good! I agree that it is good to start lynching and etc earlier rather than later- the game goes slowly if we don’t get started quickly. Maybe we should introduce ourselves as well if we haven’t already- name, preferred pronouns, time so nobody is expected to talk in the middle of the night, whether we’ve played mafia before, etc. I know I sometimes tend to mistake inexperience for acting suspicious from prior experience, and generally the more we know, the better. (Half of this is in my signature, but! I’m nightskyseer, call me Spectral or some variant on my username, she/her/they/them pronouns, FR +0, and I’ve played mafia on FR a few times before and outside of it more frequently.)
TastyPastry wrote on 2019-06-23 10:17:49:
Here’s an alternate thought: Even if you guys don’t necessarily want to make a decision yet on Day 1 (or if you want to play it safe and not risk lynching an innocent), I think it would still be pretty helpful to at least start discussing who looks suspicious later during Day 1 and who you’d want to lynch Day 2, just to get the discussion started. You don’t even have to vote for them on Day 1, just keep looking at their posts to see if they do anything suspicious, and keep discussing it. Then on Day 2, use the info you talked about on Day 1 to make your decision.

Basically: I think we should discuss suspicious people later during Day 1, as if we were planning on lynching them, then actually lynch them on Day 2 when we’re more certain.

This sounds good! I agree that it is good to start lynching and etc earlier rather than later- the game goes slowly if we don’t get started quickly.

Maybe we should introduce ourselves as well if we haven’t already- name, preferred pronouns, time so nobody is expected to talk in the middle of the night, whether we’ve played mafia before, etc. I know I sometimes tend to mistake inexperience for acting suspicious from prior experience, and generally the more we know, the better.

(Half of this is in my signature, but! I’m nightskyseer, call me Spectral or some variant on my username, she/her/they/them pronouns, FR +0, and I’ve played mafia on FR a few times before and outside of it more frequently.)
nightskyseer |answers to parts of username or Spectral|she/her/they/them | fr time +0
@SilverWhiteRaven

I suppose you could drop hints about your role, if you would like to, though if your role is a particularly powerful one, or an investigative one, that could cause the mafia to target you, so I’d personally advise against it, until you get information that could benefit us.

Keep in mind that we also might not necessarily believe you about your role. It is just as likely that you are telling the truth as if you are mafia and lying, if that makes any sense. (I feel like that last sentence was phrased rather badly, but you get my meaning, I hope.)

~

In addition, I think there’s 3 mafia people right now, judging from the flavor. They appear to be the First, the Scientist, and 13-Y. (So if we were to lynch completely randomly, we’d have a 23% chance of getting one of them. That’s a bit too low for my liking though, so let’s wait and watch responses for a while longer.)

I’m also pretty sure that later in the game, there might be an ability that allows mafia to change a person’s alignment, since I read through the previous Creation threads, and that was something that was present in both. So that’s also something to look for and be cautious about.

~

Lastly, as for the random dagger, is this just something we’re doing for Day 1 or for all the days? Because I kind of want to see what happens if one person gets both at the same time. I’d like it if we can time it so that it happens.
@SilverWhiteRaven

I suppose you could drop hints about your role, if you would like to, though if your role is a particularly powerful one, or an investigative one, that could cause the mafia to target you, so I’d personally advise against it, until you get information that could benefit us.

Keep in mind that we also might not necessarily believe you about your role. It is just as likely that you are telling the truth as if you are mafia and lying, if that makes any sense. (I feel like that last sentence was phrased rather badly, but you get my meaning, I hope.)

~

In addition, I think there’s 3 mafia people right now, judging from the flavor. They appear to be the First, the Scientist, and 13-Y. (So if we were to lynch completely randomly, we’d have a 23% chance of getting one of them. That’s a bit too low for my liking though, so let’s wait and watch responses for a while longer.)

I’m also pretty sure that later in the game, there might be an ability that allows mafia to change a person’s alignment, since I read through the previous Creation threads, and that was something that was present in both. So that’s also something to look for and be cautious about.

~

Lastly, as for the random dagger, is this just something we’re doing for Day 1 or for all the days? Because I kind of want to see what happens if one person gets both at the same time. I’d like it if we can time it so that it happens.
EH86U9Z.pngLJ3kbI9.pngvCRntgo.png
@nightskyseer

My apologizes for the ping, I was unsure if you were subbed or not, and I figured better safe than sorry!

(For future reference to everyone, I am subbed, but I don’t mind if you do end up pinging me.)

I’m glad that you like my idea, especially since there doesn’t seem to be too much discussion right now. This, however, is my first mafia game, so I’m not sure if I’m just impatient, or if this is actually slow in comparison to other games. Is it slow?
@nightskyseer

My apologizes for the ping, I was unsure if you were subbed or not, and I figured better safe than sorry!

(For future reference to everyone, I am subbed, but I don’t mind if you do end up pinging me.)

I’m glad that you like my idea, especially since there doesn’t seem to be too much discussion right now. This, however, is my first mafia game, so I’m not sure if I’m just impatient, or if this is actually slow in comparison to other games. Is it slow?
EH86U9Z.pngLJ3kbI9.pngvCRntgo.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 98 99