Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [END] Mafia: World of Movies - Main
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58 59
[center][size=6][u]Mafia: World of Movies[/u][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/yZEjfkA.gif[/img] [size=5][i][b]"Cinema is the matter of what's in the frame and what's out." - Martin Scorsese[/b][/i][/size] And so, the meeting-goers were called into the main hall of the World of Movies, ready to complete their task of saving the town. While some had more personal motives, others thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity of eradicating this world of Spontaneous Degradation (S.D). There was bound to be a mystery, suspense, and fluff alike but - oh, what's this? "Alright, so over there you have your typical Narration Station, behind the big wheelie bin are some cliches, we don't often let those guys out." "Why not?' "Oh, most of them are to do with "vanquishing the bad guy" and as a society, we've moved away from those social boundaries, don't you think?" "I mean I guess -" "Ohhh, and there's my main man himself! Shrek my onion boy, how are you doing?" The newcomer blinked several times, watching the ogre and red-suited man hug it out. This world was so different from their own, in so many ways. Where was the chaos, the unified reality? They wandered off from their distracted tour guide, taking in the scene around them. Some people were gathered at the keyhole of the main hall, desperately trying to see what was going on, creating theories among themselves. Fourteen people trying to save a world, the newcomer scoffed. Pitiful. The newcomer found themselves draw to the odd building next to the town, not labelled in any way. Inside sat a large old mechanical lever, holding sixteen different settings. They peered at it, noticing how some settings were obviously more used than others, polished from that use. They placed both hands on the lever, looking out into the World of Movies. [size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2706526]Lynch Thread[/url][/size] [/center]
Mafia: World of Movies

yZEjfkA.gif

"Cinema is the matter of what's in the frame and what's out." - Martin Scorsese

And so, the meeting-goers were called into the main hall of the World of Movies, ready to complete their task of saving the town. While some had more personal motives, others thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity of eradicating this world of Spontaneous Degradation (S.D). There was bound to be a mystery, suspense, and fluff alike but - oh, what's this?

"Alright, so over there you have your typical Narration Station, behind the big wheelie bin are some cliches, we don't often let those guys out."
"Why not?'
"Oh, most of them are to do with "vanquishing the bad guy" and as a society, we've moved away from those social boundaries, don't you think?"
"I mean I guess -"
"Ohhh, and there's my main man himself! Shrek my onion boy, how are you doing?"

The newcomer blinked several times, watching the ogre and red-suited man hug it out. This world was so different from their own, in so many ways. Where was the chaos, the unified reality?

They wandered off from their distracted tour guide, taking in the scene around them. Some people were gathered at the keyhole of the main hall, desperately trying to see what was going on, creating theories among themselves. Fourteen people trying to save a world, the newcomer scoffed. Pitiful.

The newcomer found themselves draw to the odd building next to the town, not labelled in any way. Inside sat a large old mechanical lever, holding sixteen different settings. They peered at it, noticing how some settings were obviously more used than others, polished from that use. They placed both hands on the lever, looking out into the World of Movies.

Lynch Thread
nMK7dwj.png
Band of Bandits - Nuzlocke/Rollocke Noctua_Link_Item.png
Rules and General Information

General
  • If you are ever confused about roles or playing, ask.
  • Ignorance of the rules is no excuse. Also, follow the spirit of the rules - fake breaking the rules is the same as breaking them.
  • You must be respectful. Of course, accusing someone of being mafia or diving deep into their posts is allowed, but being attacking someone's person is not allowed. Basically, attack the play, not the player. Harassment of any kind is serious. If you feel like you are being harassed, message me immediately.
  • No discussion about the game outside the game. Cheating is not tolerated.
  • After death, no posting in main or lynching thread. There will be a quicktopic for spectators and the dead!
  • Role-claiming is allowed, but do so at your own risk.
  • You must post once a day in the main thread, message me if this will not be possible.
  • Post your abilities in your quicktopic before EotD. If you have the ability to use that night, I will send you a reminder. This also refers to mafia’s NK’s.
  • You may not post during the night. Wait for the EOtN post to go up before posting.
  • Do not edit or delete posts!
  • Do not copy and paste directly from PM’s or your quicktopic. Paraphrasing is allowed.
  • The game will end when a group reaches their wincon.
  • Word of the mod is the final word (but let me know if I make a mistake)
  • Play to the benefit of your group
  • Your quicktopic is sacred to you, so never share it with anyone else. Whatever occurs during the night will be posted in it, so make sure to check it daily.

Lynch Rules
  • Lynch votes must be specifically posted in the lynch thread. Votes in main thread will not be counted.
  • Majority votes wins, however you can for no vote/no lynch. No vote means you refuse to vote, no lynch means you vote for no lynch.
  • Ties will set off an event.
  • You can change your vote by striking through your previous one. Whatever vote remains at the EotD however is your final one.
  • Mod cannot be lynched.

Game Information
  • This game is a b*stard game, with mechanics different to a normal game, and odd abilities that won’t be revealed.
  • Mod will not lie to you.
  • Mod cannot be lynched.
  • Everyone’s abilities will only be able to used during certain day/night phases, ones that correspond to their particular genres. This will be made clear in your role card.
  • Each day the flavour will change genre. This will be a random cycle, not chosen by me but by RNG.
  • Abilities will be able to be used with more than one genre and multiple people will be able to use abilities for each genres unless clearly stated.
  • Days and night will go in a 40/8 hour cycle. Irl does happen however, so I might extend or shorten any of these periods. If this occurs, you will be warned and pinged.
  • There will be spoilers for some movies, but I'll try and only spoil ones that have been spoiled online all the time.
  • If you want to sub or spectate the game, please ping me on the signup page.
  • Please do not spoil Endgame or Dectective Pikachu.

Genres
  • Film Noir
  • Horror
  • Animation (Style but eh)
  • Teen Drama
  • Anime (Again, more a style, but eh)
  • Romantic Comedy
  • Western/Spaghetti Western
  • German Expressionism/Surrealism
  • Sci-Fiction
  • B-Movie kid films
  • Comedy
  • Disaster Movie
  • Silent Film
  • Superhero
  • Fantasy
  • Musical
Rules and General Information

General
  • If you are ever confused about roles or playing, ask.
  • Ignorance of the rules is no excuse. Also, follow the spirit of the rules - fake breaking the rules is the same as breaking them.
  • You must be respectful. Of course, accusing someone of being mafia or diving deep into their posts is allowed, but being attacking someone's person is not allowed. Basically, attack the play, not the player. Harassment of any kind is serious. If you feel like you are being harassed, message me immediately.
  • No discussion about the game outside the game. Cheating is not tolerated.
  • After death, no posting in main or lynching thread. There will be a quicktopic for spectators and the dead!
  • Role-claiming is allowed, but do so at your own risk.
  • You must post once a day in the main thread, message me if this will not be possible.
  • Post your abilities in your quicktopic before EotD. If you have the ability to use that night, I will send you a reminder. This also refers to mafia’s NK’s.
  • You may not post during the night. Wait for the EOtN post to go up before posting.
  • Do not edit or delete posts!
  • Do not copy and paste directly from PM’s or your quicktopic. Paraphrasing is allowed.
  • The game will end when a group reaches their wincon.
  • Word of the mod is the final word (but let me know if I make a mistake)
  • Play to the benefit of your group
  • Your quicktopic is sacred to you, so never share it with anyone else. Whatever occurs during the night will be posted in it, so make sure to check it daily.

Lynch Rules
  • Lynch votes must be specifically posted in the lynch thread. Votes in main thread will not be counted.
  • Majority votes wins, however you can for no vote/no lynch. No vote means you refuse to vote, no lynch means you vote for no lynch.
  • Ties will set off an event.
  • You can change your vote by striking through your previous one. Whatever vote remains at the EotD however is your final one.
  • Mod cannot be lynched.

Game Information
  • This game is a b*stard game, with mechanics different to a normal game, and odd abilities that won’t be revealed.
  • Mod will not lie to you.
  • Mod cannot be lynched.
  • Everyone’s abilities will only be able to used during certain day/night phases, ones that correspond to their particular genres. This will be made clear in your role card.
  • Each day the flavour will change genre. This will be a random cycle, not chosen by me but by RNG.
  • Abilities will be able to be used with more than one genre and multiple people will be able to use abilities for each genres unless clearly stated.
  • Days and night will go in a 40/8 hour cycle. Irl does happen however, so I might extend or shorten any of these periods. If this occurs, you will be warned and pinged.
  • There will be spoilers for some movies, but I'll try and only spoil ones that have been spoiled online all the time.
  • If you want to sub or spectate the game, please ping me on the signup page.
  • Please do not spoil Endgame or Dectective Pikachu.

Genres
  • Film Noir
  • Horror
  • Animation (Style but eh)
  • Teen Drama
  • Anime (Again, more a style, but eh)
  • Romantic Comedy
  • Western/Spaghetti Western
  • German Expressionism/Surrealism
  • Sci-Fiction
  • B-Movie kid films
  • Comedy
  • Disaster Movie
  • Silent Film
  • Superhero
  • Fantasy
  • Musical
nMK7dwj.png
Players
  1. StormDreamer
  2. MagykalWagykal - [DNK, N2] Teyve, S.D Member
  3. Cognitive - [LYNCHED, D2] Beetlejuice, Townsperson[/colour]
  4. Oralee - [WINCON ACHIEVED D3] Hermione, Distraught Clone
  5. clw23
  6. Eliriel HimikoTheMage
  7. Tynnk
  8. Knickknacks
  9. WilhelmGrimm
  10. Sevlyna - [WINCON ACHIEVED N2] Coraline, Creepy Doll Girl
  11. Nudiustertian - [NK, N2] Hermione, Townsperson
  12. ChaoticCalamity - [LYNCHED D3] - Edward Cullen, S.D Member
  13. MerlinMausi
  14. Jaderannosaurus - [NK, N1] Mulan, Townsperson

Substitute
  • Tanglefire
  • DarkwingDove

Spectators
Players
  1. StormDreamer
  2. MagykalWagykal - [DNK, N2] Teyve, S.D Member
  3. Cognitive - [LYNCHED, D2] Beetlejuice, Townsperson[/colour]
  4. Oralee - [WINCON ACHIEVED D3] Hermione, Distraught Clone
  5. clw23
  6. Eliriel HimikoTheMage
  7. Tynnk
  8. Knickknacks
  9. WilhelmGrimm
  10. Sevlyna - [WINCON ACHIEVED N2] Coraline, Creepy Doll Girl
  11. Nudiustertian - [NK, N2] Hermione, Townsperson
  12. ChaoticCalamity - [LYNCHED D3] - Edward Cullen, S.D Member
  13. MerlinMausi
  14. Jaderannosaurus - [NK, N1] Mulan, Townsperson

Substitute
  • Tanglefire
  • DarkwingDove

Spectators
nMK7dwj.png
[center][u][b]Day One[/b][/u] The newcomer pulls the level down six notches, to a notch that has been shined quite a few times. Suddenly the sound of pop music and birds chirped hits their ears, as they look back out to the World of Movies, they notice that it seems like a rose coloured filter has been applied over the world. Everything is so… happy. A couple or two skip out across the road, looking into each other's eyes and smiling. Two others are getting drunk at a random bar, laughing at each other's “randomness”. Boss ladies stalk the street, looking to berate their understudies, while families fuss over planning weddings. It’s a mess of cliches and romance, making some other characters visibly sick to the stomach. Inside the meeting hall, a group of fourteen interesting people sits down, the tension and excitement palpable. They have been chosen to be the ones to decide the fate of their world. They have been told to find S.D members within them and to eliminate and their cause. For protection, each person has been given a fake name for the meeting. The group sit, slowly, one at a time, begging to chat as the sound of a large argument caused by a simple misunderstanding outside the window. Some of the group hang back, staring at the whimsical colours and dance sequences outside. Another laughs, knowing that they hold truths others will never know. But the meeting has now begun, as the newcomer looks out the tent in horror. The game has now begun! You may post here! [u]And just to clarify for this game, all night actions must be posted in your quicktopic before the night phase begins for them to occur. [/u] [b]Genre: Romantic Comedy[/b] [i]EotD will be posted on June 21st at 13:30[/i][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/qh7Xz4N.gif[/img][/center] [center][b] Pinglist [/b] @MagykalWagykal, @Oralee, @clw23, @Cognitive, @Eliriel, @Tynnk, @Knickknacks, @WilhelmGrimm, @Nudiustertian, @ChaoticCalamity, @StormDreamer, @MerlinMausi, @Sevlyna, @Jaderannosaurus [u]Specs:[/u] @HimikotheMage [u]Subs[/u] @Tanglefire, @Darkwingdove[/center]
Day One

The newcomer pulls the level down six notches, to a notch that has been shined quite a few times. Suddenly the sound of pop music and birds chirped hits their ears, as they look back out to the World of Movies, they notice that it seems like a rose coloured filter has been applied over the world. Everything is so… happy.

A couple or two skip out across the road, looking into each other's eyes and smiling. Two others are getting drunk at a random bar, laughing at each other's “randomness”. Boss ladies stalk the street, looking to berate their understudies, while families fuss over planning weddings. It’s a mess of cliches and romance, making some other characters visibly sick to the stomach.

Inside the meeting hall, a group of fourteen interesting people sits down, the tension and excitement palpable. They have been chosen to be the ones to decide the fate of their world. They have been told to find S.D members within them and to eliminate and their cause. For protection, each person has been given a fake name for the meeting.

The group sit, slowly, one at a time, begging to chat as the sound of a large argument caused by a simple misunderstanding outside the window. Some of the group hang back, staring at the whimsical colours and dance sequences outside. Another laughs, knowing that they hold truths others will never know.

But the meeting has now begun, as the newcomer looks out the tent in horror.

The game has now begun! You may post here!
And just to clarify for this game, all night actions must be posted in your quicktopic before the night phase begins for them to occur.

Genre: Romantic Comedy
EotD will be posted on June 21st at 13:30
qh7Xz4N.gif
nMK7dwj.png
Well I might as well be first. Hello everyone. Just wanted to pop in and say I'll be active the next couple hours and then moreso tomorrow. (FR+3.)
Well I might as well be first. Hello everyone. Just wanted to pop in and say I'll be active the next couple hours and then moreso tomorrow. (FR+3.)
If anyone needs me, I'll be in this corner sippin' on tea.

((I'll be in and out at weird times - FR+9 as of now :P))
If anyone needs me, I'll be in this corner sippin' on tea.

((I'll be in and out at weird times - FR+9 as of now :P))
DdvClvz.png ____________ deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif_____________DdvClvz.png
hi, im 19 hours ahead of fr time. So im probably sleeping when Everyone's up and talking.
hi, im 19 hours ahead of fr time. So im probably sleeping when Everyone's up and talking.
ug7lou7.pngh1p5AvZ.pngY6VGWdQ.png
Hi! I’m Tynnk! (Fr +15/16, we don’t have summer time so we’re currently fr +15)
Haven’t played mafia games for a looooong time.
Hi! I’m Tynnk! (Fr +15/16, we don’t have summer time so we’re currently fr +15)
Haven’t played mafia games for a looooong time.
Hi everyone! I'm fr+9, but as i'm somewhat of a night owl [emoji=owl size=1] you'll probably see me pop in during unusual times :) ((I should probably mention it's also my first time playing and i'm super excited!))
Hi everyone!
I'm fr+9, but as i'm somewhat of a night owl you'll probably see me pop in during unusual times :)

((I should probably mention it's also my first time playing and i'm super excited!))
z59oZrZ.png
Hey all! FR+3 but I, too, have an odd schedule.
Hey all! FR+3 but I, too, have an odd schedule.
bann.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58 59