Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [BSJ] The Lady’s Labyrinth (CYOA)
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/498633/49863281_350.png[/img] [b]Friday[/b] (Stop Celia from finishing the spell.) Anbaric blinks disbelievingly at Tundreus. Oh, it's no surprise the tundra wants to leave behind Knossos, who's far too large for both of them to carry out, or Ariadne, who doesn't look like she's going to abandon the unconscious explorer to save her own hide. But the automaton -- an interpreter automaton! -- standing there with the Diamond still safe and sound inside? There's no way your average greedy treasure-hunter would be able to leave such a prize behind. "I misjudged you," Anbaric says slowly and solemnly, patting Tundreus's arm, and then without hesitation he turns and heads straight into the middle of Grendel and Celia's standoff. He's not sure how he's going to stop this, or if he can, but the chance of walking out of here with everybody alive and his very own automaton to provide Coatl-to-common Draconic translation whenever needed? How could he pass up such an opportunity?
49863281_350.png

Friday (Stop Celia from finishing the spell.)

Anbaric blinks disbelievingly at Tundreus. Oh, it's no surprise the tundra wants to leave behind Knossos, who's far too large for both of them to carry out, or Ariadne, who doesn't look like she's going to abandon the unconscious explorer to save her own hide. But the automaton -- an interpreter automaton! -- standing there with the Diamond still safe and sound inside? There's no way your average greedy treasure-hunter would be able to leave such a prize behind.

"I misjudged you," Anbaric says slowly and solemnly, patting Tundreus's arm, and then without hesitation he turns and heads straight into the middle of Grendel and Celia's standoff. He's not sure how he's going to stop this, or if he can, but the chance of walking out of here with everybody alive and his very own automaton to provide Coatl-to-common Draconic translation whenever needed? How could he pass up such an opportunity?
[center][size=7][color=#967446][font=Fantasy]Day Six of the Search[/font][/color][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/YRmbvgq.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22135889][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/221359/22135889_350.png[/img][/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/YRmbvgq.png[/img][/center] [size=4][color=#967446][font=Fantasy]Godric watched the automaton as it flew over to the Gaoler, scanning it. He was stunned when he heard the great drake speak. He'd heard Gaolers before. The few back home hardly ever spoke, and the one who seemed to want to speak couldn't get much out that didn't sound akin to a parrot mimicking the speech of their perch. This Gaoler seemed much more knowledgeable than he let on, and the Imperial couldn't help but wonder whether it was truly wise to tell him off as Celia was doing. Lionel certainly seemed more wary of her now. What in the eleven was she doing, angering the creature literally trying to help them be rid of what sounded very much like the Shade from old hatchling tales? He felt his heart drop into his claws as Celia began her work, and Lionel let out a sharp hiss when Knossos was knocked back. Time almost seemed to slow for him as he watched the scene unfold. To one side, Knossos lay on the ground, Ariadne at his side. Godric had no idea as to whether he was alive or not. Before him was Celia, mixing what almost appeared to be an alchemical mixture, and yet he swore he could feel the darkness that came from her, as a Gaoler would. It was the same when Goldentouch made her new golden wings upon destroying her old ones. This wasn't a good sort of alchemy, if it could truly be called good or evil. This was dangerous, and Grendel knew it. And behind him was Tundreus, begging him to leave the others behind, to leave everything here behind in lieu of his own life. What would his dear Fawkes tell him? He knew what would happen. She wouldn't even say anything at all. Actions spoke louder than words. Lionel leaped from his shoulders as he shrugged Tundreus off, and together the two moved for Celia. For the good of Sornieth, the drakes above investigating Pandora's box, the innocents back home, and all those that would hatch in the years to come, he would stop this evil. He had to, right here, right now. He wondered if this would be seen as dying in a blaze of glory, if he even died. Fawkes would be proud if he did.[/font][/color][/size]
Day Six of the Search
YRmbvgq.png
22135889_350.png
YRmbvgq.png
Godric watched the automaton as it flew over to the Gaoler, scanning it. He was stunned when he heard the great drake speak. He'd heard Gaolers before. The few back home hardly ever spoke, and the one who seemed to want to speak couldn't get much out that didn't sound akin to a parrot mimicking the speech of their perch. This Gaoler seemed much more knowledgeable than he let on, and the Imperial couldn't help but wonder whether it was truly wise to tell him off as Celia was doing. Lionel certainly seemed more wary of her now. What in the eleven was she doing, angering the creature literally trying to help them be rid of what sounded very much like the Shade from old hatchling tales?

He felt his heart drop into his claws as Celia began her work, and Lionel let out a sharp hiss when Knossos was knocked back. Time almost seemed to slow for him as he watched the scene unfold. To one side, Knossos lay on the ground, Ariadne at his side. Godric had no idea as to whether he was alive or not. Before him was Celia, mixing what almost appeared to be an alchemical mixture, and yet he swore he could feel the darkness that came from her, as a Gaoler would. It was the same when Goldentouch made her new golden wings upon destroying her old ones. This wasn't a good sort of alchemy, if it could truly be called good or evil. This was dangerous, and Grendel knew it. And behind him was Tundreus, begging him to leave the others behind, to leave everything here behind in lieu of his own life. What would his dear Fawkes tell him? He knew what would happen.

She wouldn't even say anything at all.

Actions spoke louder than words.

Lionel leaped from his shoulders as he shrugged Tundreus off, and together the two moved for Celia. For the good of Sornieth, the drakes above investigating Pandora's box, the innocents back home, and all those that would hatch in the years to come, he would stop this evil. He had to, right here, right now.

He wondered if this would be seen as dying in a blaze of glory, if he even died. Fawkes would be proud if he did.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26134034] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/261341/26134034_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][font=Papyrus][size=6][b]Friday[/b][/size][/font][/center] [center][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/aa5c0d11068f10de92c1e34daaefd766/tumblr_o1zrsv44JN1ufdm5xo1_400.png[/img][/center] [font=Century][size=4]“Wow, is she insane? What is she doing?” Auris was craining his long neck to see the inside of Celia’s cauldron. Tundreus started to pull his arm. “Come on, kiddo! We need to move!” Tundreus started to sound desperate. But Auris slipped from his grasp and pointed accusingly at chanting Pearlcatcher. “She is going to destroy this place. Do you realize how much will be lost? There could be things worth even more that the Lady’s Diamond. I won’t let her do this over some petty jealousy.” Auris paused. “And I… em… we need that automaton back. Do you want to get blindingly rich or not?” Without waiting an answer for Tundreus, Auris began to swing his heavy bag and lunged at Celia right through the clouds of purple smoke. [/size][/font]
Friday
tumblr_o1zrsv44JN1ufdm5xo1_400.png

“Wow, is she insane? What is she doing?”
Auris was craining his long neck to see the inside of Celia’s cauldron. Tundreus started to pull his arm.
“Come on, kiddo! We need to move!” Tundreus started to sound desperate. But Auris slipped from his grasp and pointed accusingly at chanting Pearlcatcher.
“She is going to destroy this place. Do you realize how much will be lost? There could be things worth even more that the Lady’s Diamond. I won’t let her do this over some petty jealousy.” Auris paused. “And I… em… we need that automaton back. Do you want to get blindingly rich or not?”
Without waiting an answer for Tundreus, Auris began to swing his heavy bag and lunged at Celia right through the clouds of purple smoke.
UbXQ54R.jpg YfP5gFc.png bK9tD5H.jpg Idhdu5a.png BczZn60.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45136809] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/451369/45136809_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]FRIDAY[/b][/center] As expected, the diamond fit perfectly, but before the opportunity to examine it further arose, it sprouted wings and whizzed out of the room and down the passageway. They all rushed after it and were led right back to the Gaoler's domed chamber. It flew up to the huge dragon and began buzzing excitedly around the huge dragon. Ziva was concerned this would anger the Gaoler again. He looked worriedly back at the group, but Knossos waved his hand in a 'wait' motion. "Hang on, it's scanning the Gaoler," he said. Mere seconds after this remark, the automaton stilled and the Gaoler began... Talking? No, that couldn't be right. It seemed the automaton was translating his words into draconic for them to understand. They listened to the Gaoler- Grendel, as they had now come to learn, and soon it became clear that something about this whole situation was not quite right. "The thing I am seeking, it has attached itself to your life force," he declared, as Celia sputtered in protest. The Gaoler slammed his paw on the ground and continued. "...something not as old as this place ...it has corrupted the skittering one," he said, turning his head towards Celia once again. But Celia appared to no longer be listening. She had settled on the ground and was pulling various alchemical supplies and ingredients out of her bag. "What is she doing?" Ziva wondered out loud, confused by the Pearlcatcher's evident disregard of the situation. "I am giving thanks to the Lightweaver for discovering this creature," Celia responded, but in a voice that didn't sound at all like her own. A chill ran down Ziva's spine and his claw started tapping frantically against the soil. Knossos nervously tried to reason with her, and the next thing they knew he was hit by Celia's magic and lay sprawled on the floor. Ariadne rushed to his side, but Celia ignored him and raised her arms in the air, a maniacal look in her eyes. "You're addressing the greatest scholar in Sornieth!" She cried. Amidst the commotion, Tundreus grabbed Ziva's arm, urging the Wildclaw to join him in making a run for it. Ziva quickly shook him off. "No, we can't just leave them like this! Icewarden knows what the result of her spell will cause!" He glared at the shaken Tundra. "Run away like a coward if you want but I have to put a stop to this." He beat his wings a few times, preparing to lunge at Celia and interrupt her ritual in whatever way he could.

45136809_350.png

FRIDAY
As expected, the diamond fit perfectly, but before the opportunity to examine it further arose, it sprouted wings and whizzed out of the room and down the passageway. They all rushed after it and were led right back to the Gaoler's domed chamber. It flew up to the huge dragon and began buzzing excitedly around the huge dragon. Ziva was concerned this would anger the Gaoler again. He looked worriedly back at the group, but Knossos waved his hand in a 'wait' motion. "Hang on, it's scanning the Gaoler," he said. Mere seconds after this remark, the automaton stilled and the Gaoler began... Talking? No, that couldn't be right. It seemed the automaton was translating his words into draconic for them to understand.

They listened to the Gaoler- Grendel, as they had now come to learn, and soon it became clear that something about this whole situation was not quite right. "The thing I am seeking, it has attached itself to your life force," he declared, as Celia sputtered in protest. The Gaoler slammed his paw on the ground and continued. "...something not as old as this place ...it has corrupted the skittering one," he said, turning his head towards Celia once again. But Celia appared to no longer be listening. She had settled on the ground and was pulling various alchemical supplies and ingredients out of her bag. "What is she doing?" Ziva wondered out loud, confused by the Pearlcatcher's evident disregard of the situation.

"I am giving thanks to the Lightweaver for discovering this creature," Celia responded, but in a voice that didn't sound at all like her own. A chill ran down Ziva's spine and his claw started tapping frantically against the soil. Knossos nervously tried to reason with her, and the next thing they knew he was hit by Celia's magic and lay sprawled on the floor. Ariadne rushed to his side, but Celia ignored him and raised her arms in the air, a maniacal look in her eyes. "You're addressing the greatest scholar in Sornieth!" She cried. Amidst the commotion, Tundreus grabbed Ziva's arm, urging the Wildclaw to join him in making a run for it. Ziva quickly shook him off. "No, we can't just leave them like this! Icewarden knows what the result of her spell will cause!" He glared at the shaken Tundra. "Run away like a coward if you want but I have to put a stop to this." He beat his wings a few times, preparing to lunge at Celia and interrupt her ritual in whatever way he could.
n2Yio0g.png
@elisse roleplay response; day #6 – friday (I have been traveling this weekend and missed the deadline to submit the prompt. It's absolutely okay if it doesn't count as a ticked, but for what it's worth, my choice is A) Stop Celia from finishing the spell.) [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29338442] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/293385/29338442_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol]Huitzi watches intently as he automaton flies off into the center of the labyrinth, quick to follow it with his companions. There, the eye of the machine scans the Gaoler who, much to everyone's surprise, begins talking. The Coatl notices the exit, exclaiming loudly about it, but everyone else is far too preoccupied with the many recent turns of events to pay him any mind, especially as Grendel begins talk of something having corrupted Celia. At first, none of the group quite believes it, but the Pearlcatcher begins to act more and more erratically (even Huitzi can tell as much, despite having only just met her), finally blasting Knossos away. The golden Coatl can feel Tundreus' tug, hear his whisper to just abandon the metaphorical ship and leave, but Huitzi's time in Mythos clan have taught him one never leaves their friends behind and, though they might've all just met, he is still fond of each of them (yes, even Tundreus). As such, he shrugs off the Tundra's shaggy paw and dives in Celia's general direction, not entirely certain as to how he intends to stop her, but ready to try all the same.[/columns]
@elisse roleplay response; day #6 – friday

(I have been traveling this weekend and missed the deadline to submit the prompt. It's absolutely okay if it doesn't count as a ticked, but for what it's worth, my choice is A) Stop Celia from finishing the spell.)

29338442_350.png

Huitzi watches intently as he automaton flies off into the center of the labyrinth, quick to follow it with his companions. There, the eye of the machine scans the Gaoler who, much to everyone's surprise, begins talking.

The Coatl notices the exit, exclaiming loudly about it, but everyone else is far too preoccupied with the many recent turns of events to pay him any mind, especially as Grendel begins talk of something having corrupted Celia.

At first, none of the group quite believes it, but the Pearlcatcher begins to act more and more erratically (even Huitzi can tell as much, despite having only just met her), finally blasting Knossos away.

The golden Coatl can feel Tundreus' tug, hear his whisper to just abandon the metaphorical ship and leave, but Huitzi's time in Mythos clan have taught him one never leaves their friends behind and, though they might've all just met, he is still fond of each of them (yes, even Tundreus).

As such, he shrugs off the Tundra's shaggy paw and dives in Celia's general direction, not entirely certain as to how he intends to stop her, but ready to try all the same.
HriQDbb.png -......

♥ call me lulu

friend reqs [ open ]
inbox [ open ]
@dragonponds
wishlist
buy my moodboards/aesthetics
lore help raffle
free level 28 cauldron
@Elisse
I’m a little sad that I forgot about this and didn’t keep getting pinged because of it…

When I was pinged to day 5’s Automaton post, it was just a WIP and I couldn’t choose without knowing what automaton was referenced in the alternatives – and then I forgot to check back to see if it had been updated. And since I didn’t fill in the form, I of course didn’t get pinged for either continuation!

So since the submissions are closed, I will manually write down my choices, and I promise I won’t cheat and look ahead! See PM. Will post this in the forum thread once I’ve read the whole story!

This is a really cool story and I’m hope you manage to finish it in spite of work and unexpected issues. (My work got insane too and I didn’t have the energy to do the RP with Ninox like I had planned.) <3
@Elisse
I’m a little sad that I forgot about this and didn’t keep getting pinged because of it…

When I was pinged to day 5’s Automaton post, it was just a WIP and I couldn’t choose without knowing what automaton was referenced in the alternatives – and then I forgot to check back to see if it had been updated. And since I didn’t fill in the form, I of course didn’t get pinged for either continuation!

So since the submissions are closed, I will manually write down my choices, and I promise I won’t cheat and look ahead! See PM. Will post this in the forum thread once I’ve read the whole story!

This is a really cool story and I’m hope you manage to finish it in spite of work and unexpected issues. (My work got insane too and I didn’t have the energy to do the RP with Ninox like I had planned.) <3
ww_po_by_idlewildly-dcoj48d.png
@Elisse I don't know if I actually got added to the pinglist for the day 6 story, but I did submit my action through pm 'cause I missed the form. Is that why I didn't get pinged? I missed *that* daily decision form as well because I didn't know the next bit of the story had been posted- which is kinda my fault for not checking sooner tbh.

In any case, I've enjoyed reading along with this story, though I haven't put out a rp response for many of the prompts because of business. Kudos to you for working an event with a group this large,and best of luck with your real-life responsibilities. ^^
@Elisse I don't know if I actually got added to the pinglist for the day 6 story, but I did submit my action through pm 'cause I missed the form. Is that why I didn't get pinged? I missed *that* daily decision form as well because I didn't know the next bit of the story had been posted- which is kinda my fault for not checking sooner tbh.

In any case, I've enjoyed reading along with this story, though I haven't put out a rp response for many of the prompts because of business. Kudos to you for working an event with a group this large,and best of luck with your real-life responsibilities. ^^
light.gif
Knick -- busy student -- FR+3
Just a gal tryin to gene up her kids and collect familiars, whenever schoolwork permits. I like cats, folk music, and rain. Always up for a chat!
ZwVaRtj.gif
@Elisse
Did I miss a ping? Was the story ever finished?
@Elisse
Did I miss a ping? Was the story ever finished?
3EA6QyJ.png aHMlRC8.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo4_250.png
@Knickknacks @GalacticTopiary
I have not had time to be on FR, so the story is not finished. Rest assured it WILL be, and you WILL be pinged to it’s conclusion, but I won’t have time til Monday.
@Knickknacks @GalacticTopiary
I have not had time to be on FR, so the story is not finished. Rest assured it WILL be, and you WILL be pinged to it’s conclusion, but I won’t have time til Monday.
jZHajod.gif 346apl1.png
Collecting moth food and familiars.

Have a great day!
4kxwnl.gif
Having a family emergency today, so there likely won’t be an update :( sorry folks!
Having a family emergency today, so there likely won’t be an update :( sorry folks!
jZHajod.gif 346apl1.png
Collecting moth food and familiars.

Have a great day!
4kxwnl.gif
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58