Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Obscured Crescent's 100K Give & Get
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
[center][b][size=7][color=purple][font=papyrus]Welcome![/font][/color][/size][/b] [size=4][color=purple]As you were making your way through The Tangled Wood, you couldn't help but notice the blue paper lanterns hanging from the monstrous brambles in something that looked like a path. Curiosity peaked, you decide to trust your gut and see where this would lead you. To your immense surprise, you find yourself emerging from one of the upper ledges in the Shadowbinder's own hovel. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/7][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/region_shadow.jpg[/img][/url] Panicked, you swerve your head back and forth, looking for the deity herself. Instead, a gravely voice called out to you from below. "Ah~ Stranger! Over here!" You peak over the crumbling ledge and see a skydancer waving you from the orchestra area... and it seems he's not the only one in this place either. Other dragons, perhaps merchants, are scattered throughout the forum with similar setups to what he has. Some are in deep conversation with seemingly other travelers, while others are in the midst of sealing a deal. All in all... it's not what you expected from the Shadowbinder's own home. With one last wary glance, you hop on down and approach the dragon. You can't help but notice those same paper lanterns dotted around the place, but his area seems to have the most of them. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9536186] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/95362/9536186_350.png[/img] [/url] "Welcome stranger to the [b]Obscured Crescent's Trade Market[/b]! I am Kyryn and I am pleased to see you made it here in one piece!" You introduce yourself and then ask what there is to trade. The skydancer nods and then gestures across the forum with a wave of his blue claws. "We trade only the finest items here and we expect only the finest items in return! Not to worry though stranger; none of the items have succumb to Our Mother's... eh... [i]drool[/i] - thanks to a little magic!" "Feel free to browse as long as you like stranger and do mind yourself, will you?" He nods to the ground and you see a familiar rise from the muck. It blinks at you and then gives a tiny wave. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/16493.png[/img] "You look like an honest one, stranger, but mistakes were made in the past and I've [i]borrowed[/i] these little stranglers from our Mother... to 'keep the peace', if you will," Kyryn says, flashing you a wry grin from beneath his mask. "Now... what 'er ya buying?"
Welcome!

As you were making your way through The Tangled Wood, you couldn't help but notice the blue paper lanterns hanging from the monstrous brambles in something that looked like a path.

Curiosity peaked, you decide to trust your gut and see where this would lead you. To your immense surprise, you find yourself emerging from one of the upper ledges in the Shadowbinder's own hovel.

region_shadow.jpg

Panicked, you swerve your head back and forth, looking for the deity herself. Instead, a gravely voice called out to you from below.

"Ah~ Stranger! Over here!"

You peak over the crumbling ledge and see a skydancer waving you from the orchestra area... and it seems he's not the only one in this place either. Other dragons, perhaps merchants, are scattered throughout the forum with similar setups to what he has. Some are in deep conversation with seemingly other travelers, while others are in the midst of sealing a deal. All in all... it's not what you expected from the Shadowbinder's own home.

With one last wary glance, you hop on down and approach the dragon. You can't help but notice those same paper lanterns dotted around the place, but his area seems to have the most of them.

9536186_350.png

"Welcome stranger to the Obscured Crescent's Trade Market! I am Kyryn and I am pleased to see you made it here in one piece!"

You introduce yourself and then ask what there is to trade. The skydancer nods and then gestures across the forum with a wave of his blue claws.

"We trade only the finest items here and we expect only the finest items in return! Not to worry though stranger; none of the items have succumb to Our Mother's... eh... drool - thanks to a little magic!"

"Feel free to browse as long as you like stranger and do mind yourself, will you?"

He nods to the ground and you see a familiar rise from the muck. It blinks at you and then gives a tiny wave.

16493.png

"You look like an honest one, stranger, but mistakes were made in the past and I've borrowed these little stranglers from our Mother... to 'keep the peace', if you will," Kyryn says, flashing you a wry grin from beneath his mask.

"Now... what 'er ya buying?"
2v32at4.jpg
Thread Rules

I. The minimum gift should be worth, at least, 100K

Feel free to give someone a gift that's worth more than 100K, but you can't give them something any lower than that value. Try to aim for giving an item or items that amount to 110K in order to avoid the fluctuating AH market prices!

When in doubt, be generous!

This thread will use the lowest AH price as the value. Please check both gems and treasure when determining this. If the item you are giving has no AH comparison, then default to the MP pricing if you can.

Also, please don't give people junk. If they do not, in fact have a valid wishlist (and if you can, try to see if they do, even if they don't post a link--people like me forget. All the time)-- please only send individual items worth 20KT or more. This does not mean sending a stack of 20 items valued at 1g on the AH.

Please do not send Swipp/Baldwin/Battle Stones UNLESS it's on someone's list. And, of course, please make sure the total gift meets the 100KT minimum.

If you send someone multiple items, then each item should be worth at least 20K. If a singular item is worth 1 gem, then that doesn't count.

II. Give a gift, or gifts, based on the user's wishlist

In a nutshell, it's recommended you have a wishlist beforehand - it makes everyone's life easier! :D

If you do not have a wishlist, fail to point it out or it doesn't follow the guidelines (more on that later), then people will be free to gift you as they wish so long as it falls within the rules of the thread detailed next.

It should go without saying that you should give someone items that are on their wishlist. It's there to help you give them a gift that they want.

III. Be responsible and appropriate in your gift giving

Please don't give someone a gift or gifts that's worth less than 100K.

If this does happen to you, please work it out between the two of you per FR rules. It doesn't hurt to notify the thread mod (myself), so please send me a PM if this ever happens to you.

If you are found to be undergifting, you will get a strike and not be allowed to participate further until the gift is corrected to fall within guidelines. People are allowed to remind others not to gift you if you have a pending issue with undergifting/unsent items/etc, and you will be skipped should you try to claim while there is a pending issue.

Gift in a timely manner.

If you are claiming someone, please edit your offer within 1 hour, and please send your gift within 3 hours. If for whatever reason you can't do this, then just wait to claim someone until you can.

If you don't you will get a strike and not be allowed to participate in the thread until the situation is resolved. And yes, people can tell others you're in the penalty box, as long as they do so respectfully.

Note: real life happens to all of all. If an emergency came up, please just explain what happened, give your gift when you're able to, and the strike will be removed.

It should go without saying you should not claim someone and then wait to see what you get before editing. If what you want to give is solely dependent on if you get something better, this is not the thread for you. Feel free to move along.

You may NOT make the majority of your gift from the 0-30kt range unless the person you claimed explicitly stated in their wishlist that they are okay with this. Also, should their wishlist not contain the required number of items in the 35-70k range, and the only way to make a reasonable 100-110k gift is with a selection of the 0-35kt then this will be considered acceptable as long as each item gifted is a minimum of 20kt as per thread rules.

IV. Let others have a turn

After you have posted in a thread, please wait four turns (i.e. people) before posting again.

For example:

- Atavism posts
- Shadowbinder posts (1)
- Windsinger posts (2)
- Plaguebringer posts (3)
- Lightweaver posts (4)
- Atavism posts

V. Claiming

You may claim a person who has not posted what they're sending their giftee, but do not send them your gift until they have identified what they're giving.

Additionally, be prepared to alter your gift when or if they update their post to identifying what present they're giving. This is to prevent giving them a gift that does not follow their wishlist and is trying to prevent you from being skipped!

VI. Know them, follow them

Be honest, be kind, and follow the rules. Ignorance is no excuse.

If something does happen, send me a PM!

Also... there's the "three strikes and you're out" rule in play! If a user manages to accrue THREE (3) strikes for any reason within a 30 day period that user will be blacklisted from the thread, even if the issues are resolved! Mistakes happen, but so do patterns and no one wants to see others playing a system designed to pay forward gestures of goodwill and gift-giving cheer.
Thread Rules

I. The minimum gift should be worth, at least, 100K

Feel free to give someone a gift that's worth more than 100K, but you can't give them something any lower than that value. Try to aim for giving an item or items that amount to 110K in order to avoid the fluctuating AH market prices!

When in doubt, be generous!

This thread will use the lowest AH price as the value. Please check both gems and treasure when determining this. If the item you are giving has no AH comparison, then default to the MP pricing if you can.

Also, please don't give people junk. If they do not, in fact have a valid wishlist (and if you can, try to see if they do, even if they don't post a link--people like me forget. All the time)-- please only send individual items worth 20KT or more. This does not mean sending a stack of 20 items valued at 1g on the AH.

Please do not send Swipp/Baldwin/Battle Stones UNLESS it's on someone's list. And, of course, please make sure the total gift meets the 100KT minimum.

If you send someone multiple items, then each item should be worth at least 20K. If a singular item is worth 1 gem, then that doesn't count.

II. Give a gift, or gifts, based on the user's wishlist

In a nutshell, it's recommended you have a wishlist beforehand - it makes everyone's life easier! :D

If you do not have a wishlist, fail to point it out or it doesn't follow the guidelines (more on that later), then people will be free to gift you as they wish so long as it falls within the rules of the thread detailed next.

It should go without saying that you should give someone items that are on their wishlist. It's there to help you give them a gift that they want.

III. Be responsible and appropriate in your gift giving

Please don't give someone a gift or gifts that's worth less than 100K.

If this does happen to you, please work it out between the two of you per FR rules. It doesn't hurt to notify the thread mod (myself), so please send me a PM if this ever happens to you.

If you are found to be undergifting, you will get a strike and not be allowed to participate further until the gift is corrected to fall within guidelines. People are allowed to remind others not to gift you if you have a pending issue with undergifting/unsent items/etc, and you will be skipped should you try to claim while there is a pending issue.

Gift in a timely manner.

If you are claiming someone, please edit your offer within 1 hour, and please send your gift within 3 hours. If for whatever reason you can't do this, then just wait to claim someone until you can.

If you don't you will get a strike and not be allowed to participate in the thread until the situation is resolved. And yes, people can tell others you're in the penalty box, as long as they do so respectfully.

Note: real life happens to all of all. If an emergency came up, please just explain what happened, give your gift when you're able to, and the strike will be removed.

It should go without saying you should not claim someone and then wait to see what you get before editing. If what you want to give is solely dependent on if you get something better, this is not the thread for you. Feel free to move along.

You may NOT make the majority of your gift from the 0-30kt range unless the person you claimed explicitly stated in their wishlist that they are okay with this. Also, should their wishlist not contain the required number of items in the 35-70k range, and the only way to make a reasonable 100-110k gift is with a selection of the 0-35kt then this will be considered acceptable as long as each item gifted is a minimum of 20kt as per thread rules.

IV. Let others have a turn

After you have posted in a thread, please wait four turns (i.e. people) before posting again.

For example:

- Atavism posts
- Shadowbinder posts (1)
- Windsinger posts (2)
- Plaguebringer posts (3)
- Lightweaver posts (4)
- Atavism posts

V. Claiming

You may claim a person who has not posted what they're sending their giftee, but do not send them your gift until they have identified what they're giving.

Additionally, be prepared to alter your gift when or if they update their post to identifying what present they're giving. This is to prevent giving them a gift that does not follow their wishlist and is trying to prevent you from being skipped!

VI. Know them, follow them

Be honest, be kind, and follow the rules. Ignorance is no excuse.

If something does happen, send me a PM!

Also... there's the "three strikes and you're out" rule in play! If a user manages to accrue THREE (3) strikes for any reason within a 30 day period that user will be blacklisted from the thread, even if the issues are resolved! Mistakes happen, but so do patterns and no one wants to see others playing a system designed to pay forward gestures of goodwill and gift-giving cheer.
2v32at4.jpg
Wishlist Criteria

Wishlist rules are here to protect everyone. If your wishlist follows the criteria and someone has gifted outside of your wishlist, please ping a mod and I will try to resolve it swiftly!

0-30KT FILLERS

If you have one, or even if you just post a list of things you're interested in getting, your wishlist MUST have 0-30kt range fillers (minimum 5).

35KT-70KT ITEMS

Your wishlist must also have items ranging 35 - 70kt (minimum 5).

75KT-100KT ITEMS

Your wishlist must have at least one 75 -100kt item (minimum 1).

There is leeway for items in between these ranges to belong to both sections if you think one of your items might fluctuate to a higher price range/bracket, but please add more items in that case.

Each item only counts ONCE regardless of how many times it’s listed for meeting a minimum amount of items.

Having said this, you can repeat these items on your wishlist as they would otherwise appear in their own categories. If you do not meet this minimum, and the gifter is unable to make a reasonable 100kt-110k range gift, the gifter is allowed to deviate from your list (though they must still meet the 100K minimum value, and still follow the guidelines set by this thread.)

The goal here is to make sure people get the things they want without making givers feel forced into giving two or three times the 100k just to meet a wishlist. The clearer you are on what you want while being considerate that not everyone has the resources to give 200K items, the more likely everyone is to be happy.

Some users just don't have a lot of specific small things they want. That's fine. If you are one of them, just note in your wishlist you're fine with getting non-wishlist things, and the rules as above for those situations will apply.
Wishlist Criteria

Wishlist rules are here to protect everyone. If your wishlist follows the criteria and someone has gifted outside of your wishlist, please ping a mod and I will try to resolve it swiftly!

0-30KT FILLERS

If you have one, or even if you just post a list of things you're interested in getting, your wishlist MUST have 0-30kt range fillers (minimum 5).

35KT-70KT ITEMS

Your wishlist must also have items ranging 35 - 70kt (minimum 5).

75KT-100KT ITEMS

Your wishlist must have at least one 75 -100kt item (minimum 1).

There is leeway for items in between these ranges to belong to both sections if you think one of your items might fluctuate to a higher price range/bracket, but please add more items in that case.

Each item only counts ONCE regardless of how many times it’s listed for meeting a minimum amount of items.

Having said this, you can repeat these items on your wishlist as they would otherwise appear in their own categories. If you do not meet this minimum, and the gifter is unable to make a reasonable 100kt-110k range gift, the gifter is allowed to deviate from your list (though they must still meet the 100K minimum value, and still follow the guidelines set by this thread.)

The goal here is to make sure people get the things they want without making givers feel forced into giving two or three times the 100k just to meet a wishlist. The clearer you are on what you want while being considerate that not everyone has the resources to give 200K items, the more likely everyone is to be happy.

Some users just don't have a lot of specific small things they want. That's fine. If you are one of them, just note in your wishlist you're fine with getting non-wishlist things, and the rules as above for those situations will apply.
2v32at4.jpg
Banned Items

These items can only be sent to the person if it's on their wishlist, otherwise you are not permitted to send them.

- No dragons

- No items from recently passed festivals (i.e. within, at least, a year; a skin from 2014 is an acceptable gift for example)

- Items underneath the AH market value of 20K can only be given if it's on their wishlist

- No festival currency unless it's on their list (cannot give more then 50)

- No food, materials, Swipp items, or Baldwin materials unless stated otherwise (should only make up 10K of the total 100K)

- No coli chests, skins, or swipp skins unless included in their list

- No chests besides Iron Treasure or Gilded Decorative are allowed

- No creative work is allowed because it's hard to put a price tag on creativity!

- Only 10K of Treasure may be given; it cannot make up the bulk of your gift!
Banned Items

These items can only be sent to the person if it's on their wishlist, otherwise you are not permitted to send them.

- No dragons

- No items from recently passed festivals (i.e. within, at least, a year; a skin from 2014 is an acceptable gift for example)

- Items underneath the AH market value of 20K can only be given if it's on their wishlist

- No festival currency unless it's on their list (cannot give more then 50)

- No food, materials, Swipp items, or Baldwin materials unless stated otherwise (should only make up 10K of the total 100K)

- No coli chests, skins, or swipp skins unless included in their list

- No chests besides Iron Treasure or Gilded Decorative are allowed

- No creative work is allowed because it's hard to put a price tag on creativity!

- Only 10K of Treasure may be given; it cannot make up the bulk of your gift!
2v32at4.jpg