Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GLA] Blanket Fort - Cats' Choice Awards
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
@anika

I am! Good job to you, too! And being Fortune's favourite is nothing to sneeze at, either- Pickle deserves every bit of those bragging rights!
@anika

I am! Good job to you, too! And being Fortune's favourite is nothing to sneeze at, either- Pickle deserves every bit of those bragging rights!
We had a great week!! Thank you cats!!!
We had a great week!! Thank you cats!!!
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
Thanks for an excellent event <3 Clearly a lot of work and love went into this!
Thanks for an excellent event <3 Clearly a lot of work and love went into this!
_-_TEvzfC0.gif
Zeal | FR +8
.. mKmIXl8.png

_.> Clan Lore
__> Wishlist_> Badges
__> Long Drop Challenge

YUddU9q.png
_______________________________ J4UIfAh.png
Omg second! I never expected Strenia to win anything! Thank you so much, and thanks for a great event, it was hilarious to read every day, and it must have been a lot of work! <3
Omg second! I never expected Strenia to win anything! Thank you so much, and thanks for a great event, it was hilarious to read every day, and it must have been a lot of work! <3
B18_L.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngB18_R.png
This event was aaaaaaaaaaAAAA-mazing. :3

Skyler got a 91 on his last event! He legitimately did good on one thing! I'm so proud of him.
This event was aaaaaaaaaaAAAA-mazing. :3

Skyler got a 91 on his last event! He legitimately did good on one thing! I'm so proud of him.
nNxirvT.gifHSdjdFR.gif7y2yiE2.gifLkUshID.gifTvGyETb.gif
Thank you for hosting this amazing event!
Thank you for hosting this amazing event!
1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif

FR+1

here it is, the final installment! probably could have gotten it done last night but,,, dappervolk art stream also i'm still kicking myself over missing that secret link u-u' [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=83157&did=37545457] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/375455/37545457.png[/img][/url] [font=Gabriola][size=5][color=#655888]Fortune[/color][/size][/font][/center] The cat had seemed unimpressed with Fortune’s answer. Though, he supposed, it did sound a little far fetched. But to his benefit, that was the end of the conversation and he was able to make it to his quarters without another bother. [i]Finally.[/i] Sweet, sweet peace and quiet. ----- The obstacle course was, well, just that. An obstacle course. No secret plots. No double crossing. No dragons going missing. No risk of death. Where was the drama? The [i]grandeur[/i]?! And while some of the obstacles were somewhat familiar to him (The projectile dodging and ice halls, namely), it most absolutely did not mean he did well on them. Just with the athletic challenge, many dragons passed him quickly. He dipped and dodged, and got lost a few times. Thumped into walls in the dark. Got hit upside the head with a particularly dense feather pillow thrown by a rowdy kitten and almost stumbled into a pit. And on the ice, Fortune slipped and fumbled and fell on his tail too many to count. But all the while, he couldn’t shake the feeling that he was forgetting… [i]something.[/i] Oh well. At almost 80 minutes after he started, Fortune tumbled across the finish line. Sore and a little cold, yes, but he’d done it! And really, his placement wasn’t that bad. Now all that was left was to head to the awards ceremony to see where he placed overall. ----- [i]202.[/i] He had placed 202. Which… well, it could have been worse. But still. Maybe this was his signal that he should just stick to running events rather than being a participate. Lot easier; lot less risk. And he didn’t even get a favorite! He did nothing wrong! Not one explosion or trick! But what did he suspect? Despite his name, fortune never actually did seem to shine on him. Having a cat not happen to like him? Drop in the bucket of weird junk that’s happened to him. Speaking of the weird junk that’s happened to him… It was probably time to go. [center]~*~[/center] Fortune padded his way out of the courtyard, prepared to leave the Fortress of Ends as a whole, when an ever familiar Imperial peeled her way out of the crowds of dragons and strode up to him. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83157&tab=dragon&did=6602136][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/66022/6602136.png[/img][/url] [font=Tahoma][color=Crimson][size=4]Ciphers[/color][/font][/size][/center] “So 202ed, huh? I mean, I’m not entirely sure what I expected, but… [i]that[/i].” He glared up at her. “Yes?” Ciphers stopped for a moment in her steps and stared after the Mirror. “Like were you intentionally trying to go for the “never in my life have I ever done anything that could have potentially prepared me for this moment” thing? You fumbled a lot.” She paused for a moment, tilting her head to the side. “Except for alchemy… The gecko’s real cute.” At its mention, the Cosmo Gecko skuttled out of her mane and squeaked. “Ho--” Fortune spluttered. Never had he mentioned the gecko to [i]anyone[/i]. “How’d you know about any of that?!” The Imperial looked almost… patronizing? “You don’t think it’s [i]that[/i] hard to get the cats to tell you. A few chin scratches and they’ll spill anything they heard or saw. No need for 'the pure and good concepts of love and support' for payment.” “Wow. I hate everything about this.” “Ah,” Ciphers leaned close to Fortune. “Perhaps this is karma for letting cat juggling happen then, hm?” “THAT WAS A YEAR AGO!” never forget [size=1][s]especially when, lore-wise, that was one of the big reasons what all,,, [i]this[/i] happened[/s][/size] ----- and it's all done! Just want to give another super big thank you to squid and the other event helpers! Your events always make the Gala all the more memorable for me and I can't wait for what'll happen next year! And a shout to everyone who mentioned Fortune! I'm glad to see all you happy over that returning face! And I sure saw quite a few familiar name while combing back over the event thread for character cues. [center][emoji=cat 1][emoji=familiar heart][emoji=cat 2][emoji=familiar heart][emoji=cat 3][/center]
here it is, the final installment! probably could have gotten it done last night but,,,
dappervolk art stream

also i'm still kicking myself over missing that secret link u-u'

37545457.png

Fortune

The cat had seemed unimpressed with Fortune’s answer. Though, he supposed, it did sound a little far fetched. But to his benefit, that was the end of the conversation and he was able to make it to his quarters without another bother.

Finally. Sweet, sweet peace and quiet.

The obstacle course was, well, just that. An obstacle course. No secret plots. No double crossing. No dragons going missing. No risk of death. Where was the drama? The grandeur?!

And while some of the obstacles were somewhat familiar to him (The projectile dodging and ice halls, namely), it most absolutely did not mean he did well on them. Just with the athletic challenge, many dragons passed him quickly. He dipped and dodged, and got lost a few times. Thumped into walls in the dark. Got hit upside the head with a particularly dense feather pillow thrown by a rowdy kitten and almost stumbled into a pit. And on the ice, Fortune slipped and fumbled and fell on his tail too many to count. But all the while, he couldn’t shake the feeling that he was forgetting… something.

Oh well.

At almost 80 minutes after he started, Fortune tumbled across the finish line. Sore and a little cold, yes, but he’d done it! And really, his placement wasn’t that bad. Now all that was left was to head to the awards ceremony to see where he placed overall.

He had placed 202. Which… well, it could have been worse. But still. Maybe this was his signal that he should just stick to running events rather than being a participate. Lot easier; lot less risk.

And he didn’t even get a favorite! He did nothing wrong! Not one explosion or trick! But what did he suspect? Despite his name, fortune never actually did seem to shine on him. Having a cat not happen to like him? Drop in the bucket of weird junk that’s happened to him. Speaking of the weird junk that’s happened to him… It was probably time to go.
~*~

Fortune padded his way out of the courtyard, prepared to leave the Fortress of Ends as a whole, when an ever familiar Imperial peeled her way out of the crowds of dragons and strode up to him.
6602136.png
Ciphers

“So 202ed, huh? I mean, I’m not entirely sure what I expected, but… that.”

He glared up at her. “Yes?”

Ciphers stopped for a moment in her steps and stared after the Mirror. “Like were you intentionally trying to go for the “never in my life have I ever done anything that could have potentially prepared me for this moment” thing? You fumbled a lot.” She paused for a moment, tilting her head to the side. “Except for alchemy… The gecko’s real cute.”

At its mention, the Cosmo Gecko skuttled out of her mane and squeaked.

“Ho--” Fortune spluttered. Never had he mentioned the gecko to anyone. “How’d you know about any of that?!”

The Imperial looked almost… patronizing? “You don’t think it’s that hard to get the cats to tell you. A few chin scratches and they’ll spill anything they heard or saw. No need for 'the pure and good concepts of love and support' for payment.”

“Wow. I hate everything about this.”

“Ah,” Ciphers leaned close to Fortune. “Perhaps this is karma for letting cat juggling happen then, hm?”

“THAT WAS A YEAR AGO!”

never forget
especially when, lore-wise, that was one of the big reasons what all,,, this happened

and it's all done!

Just want to give another super big thank you to squid and the other event helpers! Your events always make the Gala all the more memorable for me and I can't wait for what'll happen next year!

And a shout to everyone who mentioned Fortune! I'm glad to see all you happy over that returning face! And I sure saw quite a few familiar name while combing back over the event thread for character cues.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15039999] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/150400/15039999_350.png[/img] [/url] Fireclaw's question lead the Mia the cat to stare at him for a while as if she did not quite understand the question, and answered that yes, Fluffy was a friend, a weird one, but nice. She was still worried about Toby's whereabouts, though, so Fireclaw promised her that if he found him he'd let her now. The day came to an end, and Fireclaw went back to the guestroom. Once there he talked with Unknown and agreed that while Fireclaw went to the Winter Games together with Clarity and Glacynea, Unknown should continue to search for answers. Morning arrived, and Fireclaw had a great time together with his friends [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2596028/31#post_37541809]at the Winter Games[/url]. He competed in two of his favourites events, and once finished he went over to the Cats' Choice Awards to see what the last challenge would be. Thhe challenge turned out to be a treacherous maze through the dungeons, and boy did he have a hard time down there since the cats had added extra traps and obstacles for fun and games. At least his Fire magic proved to be a great light source and he noticed that some dragons that wre more lost than him tried to follow him around, but eventually he managed to outrun them - after all thiss was a competition and he wouldn't let them get a free ride on his behalf. While down there, trying his best to not get lost and clearing any obstacles he could find, Unknown was also down in the dungeon since he had been keep an eye on the cats activities while he was searching for Fluffy and any clues as to what might be going on between The Shade's connection to The Icewarden's supposedly impenetrable fortress. Each time a competing dragon showed up, he made sure to hide himself, when suddenly Fluffy showed up and seemed to beckon a dragon to follow them into their dimension. Unknown looked closely, and used his mastery of Arcane magic to temporary shield himself from view and make himself small enough to fit through the shrinking portal in the wall. When going through the hole was Shade-touched tendrils grabbing him, attracted by his magic very much as what had happened to The Starseer when he climbed The World Pillar. He got lose, and managed to reach the other end intact. In the house on the hill, Fluffy talked to the dragon they had beckoned to follow them, now with a completely normal voice that wasn't at all similar to the garbled voice they had in the ''normal dimension''. Fluffy told the dragon that Toby had been trapped inside a Shad-touched cardboard box and couldn't get out! The box looked perfectly ordinary on the outside, and even looked out of place in this strange dimension where everything had odd-looking colours. Unknown noticed that the dragon inside the house was looking at the normal-looking box with skepticism, as if not belivieng it was a threat at all, but Unknown could sense some foul ebergy coming from within it, and prepared himself to intervene in any second if need be. But that turned out to not be necessary, the dragon jut lifted the box and pulled out Toby from within it, and when prompted by Fluffy to destroy it they simply stomped on it - and the ebergy within disipatted into the strange energies already present in this dimension. Toby was confused, his sense of time had been affected by his stay inside the box, but he was OK, Fluffy was very happy that they managed to save their friend from the box and the dragon with them seemed unharmed, so Unknown made sure to hide until Fluffy made another hole back to their dimension. This time, though, Fluffy did seem to notice him, and before the portal closed again, Fluffy put pout his paw from the other side and waved him goodbye. Was that, some sort of threat, a peace offering for having entered there without their permission or even an invitation to come over and play with them someday? The other dragon as long gone, and so was Toby, so it was obvious that the wave was drected att Unknown and Gloomwillow. They both looked at each other, and the wall, before hiding in the shadows again until the all the contestants had made it out of the maze - apparently time passed slower in the draconic world than inside Fluffy's dimension. So very strange, but what a fantastic discovery! Had The Icewarden found a new way to ward off The Shade, and tried it on Fluffy the Cat? Or was Fluffy a Shade-touched being that wasn't corrupted like the others? Was The Shade actually a truly sentient being with only malevolent intentions, or was it many beings and energies converging with each other, sometimes communing with a subject strong enough to not go mad from it? He had so many questions, and now he would had a new research project to present to the clanleaders. Back to Fireclaw, he was till in the maze, and after a while he managed to get out, but not with a good time. It took him too long to find the exit, but he had to admit that the challenge was kinda fun and pretty exciting! Before the final Awards Ceremony, Unknownn met up with him and told him they would talk later about all that had happened. Galcynea and Clarity also made it to the ceremony, since they had decided they would head together to The Winter Games banquet later that evening. Fireclaw wasn't chosen as the best dragon, nor as any cat's favourite dragon either - which came as no surprise since he had spent the entire week sneaking about and juggling to events instead of mingling with the cats. At least he could presume about being the third best cat food cook in the world! That's not something many dragons get to say. [emoji=snowflake][emoji=cat 1][emoji=cat 3][emoji=cat 2][emoji=snowflake] [u][b]The End [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2611305/60#post_37523565]X[/url] <--- Previous Day Read from the Beginning---> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2611305/18#post_37446598]X[/url][/b][/u][/center]

15039999_350.png

Fireclaw's question lead the Mia the cat to stare at him for a while as if she did not quite understand the question, and answered that yes, Fluffy was a friend, a weird one, but nice. She was still worried about Toby's whereabouts, though, so Fireclaw promised her that if he found him he'd let her now.

The day came to an end, and Fireclaw went back to the guestroom. Once there he talked with Unknown and agreed that while Fireclaw went to the Winter Games together with Clarity and Glacynea, Unknown should continue to search for answers.

Morning arrived, and Fireclaw had a great time together with his friends at the Winter Games. He competed in two of his favourites events, and once finished he went over to the Cats' Choice Awards to see what the last challenge would be.

Thhe challenge turned out to be a treacherous maze through the dungeons, and boy did he have a hard time down there since the cats had added extra traps and obstacles for fun and games. At least his Fire magic proved to be a great light source and he noticed that some dragons that wre more lost than him tried to follow him around, but eventually he managed to outrun them - after all thiss was a competition and he wouldn't let them get a free ride on his behalf.

While down there, trying his best to not get lost and clearing any obstacles he could find, Unknown was also down in the dungeon since he had been keep an eye on the cats activities while he was searching for Fluffy and any clues as to what might be going on between The Shade's connection to The Icewarden's supposedly impenetrable fortress.

Each time a competing dragon showed up, he made sure to hide himself, when suddenly Fluffy showed up and seemed to beckon a dragon to follow them into their dimension. Unknown looked closely, and used his mastery of Arcane magic to temporary shield himself from view and make himself small enough to fit through the shrinking portal in the wall.

When going through the hole was Shade-touched tendrils grabbing him, attracted by his magic very much as what had happened to The Starseer when he climbed The World Pillar. He got lose, and managed to reach the other end intact. In the house on the hill, Fluffy talked to the dragon they had beckoned to follow them, now with a completely normal voice that wasn't at all similar to the garbled voice they had in the ''normal dimension''. Fluffy told the dragon that Toby had been trapped inside a Shad-touched cardboard box and couldn't get out! The box looked perfectly ordinary on the outside, and even looked out of place in this strange dimension where everything had odd-looking colours.

Unknown noticed that the dragon inside the house was looking at the normal-looking box with skepticism, as if not belivieng it was a threat at all, but Unknown could sense some foul ebergy coming from within it, and prepared himself to intervene in any second if need be. But that turned out to not be necessary, the dragon jut lifted the box and pulled out Toby from within it, and when prompted by Fluffy to destroy it they simply stomped on it - and the ebergy within disipatted into the strange energies already present in this dimension.

Toby was confused, his sense of time had been affected by his stay inside the box, but he was OK, Fluffy was very happy that they managed to save their friend from the box and the dragon with them seemed unharmed, so Unknown made sure to hide until Fluffy made another hole back to their dimension.

This time, though, Fluffy did seem to notice him, and before the portal closed again, Fluffy put pout his paw from the other side and waved him goodbye. Was that, some sort of threat, a peace offering for having entered there without their permission or even an invitation to come over and play with them someday? The other dragon as long gone, and so was Toby, so it was obvious that the wave was drected att Unknown and Gloomwillow.

They both looked at each other, and the wall, before hiding in the shadows again until the all the contestants had made it out of the maze - apparently time passed slower in the draconic world than inside Fluffy's dimension. So very strange, but what a fantastic discovery!

Had The Icewarden found a new way to ward off The Shade, and tried it on Fluffy the Cat? Or was Fluffy a Shade-touched being that wasn't corrupted like the others? Was The Shade actually a truly sentient being with only malevolent intentions, or was it many beings and energies converging with each other, sometimes communing with a subject strong enough to not go mad from it?

He had so many questions, and now he would had a new research project to present to the clanleaders.

Back to Fireclaw, he was till in the maze, and after a while he managed to get out, but not with a good time. It took him too long to find the exit, but he had to admit that the challenge was kinda fun and pretty exciting!

Before the final Awards Ceremony, Unknownn met up with him and told him they would talk later about all that had happened. Galcynea and Clarity also made it to the ceremony, since they had decided they would head together to The Winter Games banquet later that evening.

Fireclaw wasn't chosen as the best dragon, nor as any cat's favourite dragon either - which came as no surprise since he had spent the entire week sneaking about and juggling to events instead of mingling with the cats. At least he could presume about being the third best cat food cook in the world! That's not something many dragons get to say.

The End

X <--- Previous Day

Read from the Beginning---> X
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
Thank you for organizing this event! I had a great time, and of course, so did Fireclaw and his friends. [emoji=gold star]
Thank you for organizing this event! I had a great time, and of course, so did Fireclaw and his friends.
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
I just want to say that this was a very fun event. I was excited to log on each day to see what happened! I'd love to see more of this style event in the future, or even mini events for dom pushes or something. Thanks for putting this all together! Also, thank you, Patches! [emoji=familiar heart][emoji=cat 2]
I just want to say that this was a very fun event. I was excited to log on each day to see what happened! I'd love to see more of this style event in the future, or even mini events for dom pushes or something. Thanks for putting this all together!

Also, thank you, Patches!
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74