Forum Games
Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [TCC] Mayhem at the Market (CYOA)
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 41 42
@counterfeat @GuardianDragonak @counterfeat
You dive to the left, yanking the lever as you go and sending the gate crashing down behind you. You hear a sharp yelp, and through the gate you see Taliesin hopping up and down while holding his front foot.

The gate has bought you some time, but you still need to find a way out of the sewers. You see Taliesin start to breathe fire on the gate, trying to melt it as you slip away.

You find yourself in a large central chamber, a churning vortex of water in the middle as four underground sewer rivers converge. The smell is awful, but at least there are glowing stones on the wall that let you see.

Across the water, on the opposite side of the chamber, you see a ladder going up. A grin breaks out on your face as you see an end to your current trials.

Your arm starts to prickle.

A) In your eagerness, you take a running leap over the pool of water.
B) Cautiously, you stick to going around the edge of the chamber.
@counterfeat @GuardianDragonak @counterfeat
You dive to the left, yanking the lever as you go and sending the gate crashing down behind you. You hear a sharp yelp, and through the gate you see Taliesin hopping up and down while holding his front foot.

The gate has bought you some time, but you still need to find a way out of the sewers. You see Taliesin start to breathe fire on the gate, trying to melt it as you slip away.

You find yourself in a large central chamber, a churning vortex of water in the middle as four underground sewer rivers converge. The smell is awful, but at least there are glowing stones on the wall that let you see.

Across the water, on the opposite side of the chamber, you see a ladder going up. A grin breaks out on your face as you see an end to your current trials.

Your arm starts to prickle.

A) In your eagerness, you take a running leap over the pool of water.
B) Cautiously, you stick to going around the edge of the chamber.
@Strawberrium @Unika @Venusian @RemanLT @Chessboard @cieldobie @Stormdragon @Katsuokai @ThisOneIsBlue

It's clean and dark. There are rooms here with lots of artifacts, large and small, covered in sheets. Your tattoo actually helps you see in the dark.

As you make your way further in, you start to feel an odd pulse. It beats hard enough to rattle your bones, but you know it isn’t your bones that are rattling. You find it comforting; like a heartbeat.

You follow it deeper, until you can see your tattoo glow brighter in time with the pulses. You’re able to instinctively follow it deeper and deeper into the museum storage areas.

The heartbeat is warm and comforting, you feel like you are coming home. You don’t even notice when you break into a run, skidding around corners and knocking over priceless artifacts in your haste.

And there it is, looming over you and separated from you by only a paltry sheet. You reach up and pull away the dust cover.

The sight of the face jars you. It is not the face of a dragon, instead it is flat like a dunhoof’s face. Why should it matter that it isn’t a dragon? Because you are a dragon, aren’t you? Aren’t you? But why does it matter, when that magnificent, 12- eyed visage is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen? It is so beautiful and whole.

The gems of its eyes glow at you.

@Strawberrium @Unika @Venusian @RemanLT @Chessboard @cieldobie @Stormdragon @Katsuokai @ThisOneIsBlue

It's clean and dark. There are rooms here with lots of artifacts, large and small, covered in sheets. Your tattoo actually helps you see in the dark.

As you make your way further in, you start to feel an odd pulse. It beats hard enough to rattle your bones, but you know it isn’t your bones that are rattling. You find it comforting; like a heartbeat.

You follow it deeper, until you can see your tattoo glow brighter in time with the pulses. You’re able to instinctively follow it deeper and deeper into the museum storage areas.

The heartbeat is warm and comforting, you feel like you are coming home. You don’t even notice when you break into a run, skidding around corners and knocking over priceless artifacts in your haste.

And there it is, looming over you and separated from you by only a paltry sheet. You reach up and pull away the dust cover.

The sight of the face jars you. It is not the face of a dragon, instead it is flat like a dunhoof’s face. Why should it matter that it isn’t a dragon? Because you are a dragon, aren’t you? Aren’t you? But why does it matter, when that magnificent, 12- eyed visage is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen? It is so beautiful and whole.

The gems of its eyes glow at you.

jsX7QNc.pngN30ZRH3.png YNbcTi1.gif9oHyjN0.pnglightning_3.png
@Nialatic @Elixiri

You don't even want to know what they have in there. The security must be immense. No, thank you. As you are walking away from the museum, you notice that the roads have a downward slope. With no other plans, you decide to head downhill.

You eventually find yourself at the edge of a small body of water. You’re not sure if a pipe burst or something but it doesn’t look like it’s supposed to be here. It’s the desert after all. All the buildings that would stand within it have fallen over, leading to a bunch of debris poking up out of the water in random places. Funnily, there is a billboard sticking up almost in the exact center of it, partially submerged. The buildings that surround it crowd up right to the water’s edge.

You think about the downward slope. Perhaps a sinkhole?

Static seems to crawl across the surface, it’s completely saturated with either electricity or electricity magic. The air above it even seems to glow a little. Well, the air here is very humid, it’s possible that even getting close to the water’s surface could give you a jolt.

This lake is a death trap.

“Freeze in the name of the law!” Oh, not him again! The mirror that has been dogging you is loping up swiftly behind you. He’s blocking the way back, you have nowhere to go but forward.

A) Head straight across the lake.
B) Stick to the edges.
@Nialatic @Elixiri

You don't even want to know what they have in there. The security must be immense. No, thank you. As you are walking away from the museum, you notice that the roads have a downward slope. With no other plans, you decide to head downhill.

You eventually find yourself at the edge of a small body of water. You’re not sure if a pipe burst or something but it doesn’t look like it’s supposed to be here. It’s the desert after all. All the buildings that would stand within it have fallen over, leading to a bunch of debris poking up out of the water in random places. Funnily, there is a billboard sticking up almost in the exact center of it, partially submerged. The buildings that surround it crowd up right to the water’s edge.

You think about the downward slope. Perhaps a sinkhole?

Static seems to crawl across the surface, it’s completely saturated with either electricity or electricity magic. The air above it even seems to glow a little. Well, the air here is very humid, it’s possible that even getting close to the water’s surface could give you a jolt.

This lake is a death trap.

“Freeze in the name of the law!” Oh, not him again! The mirror that has been dogging you is loping up swiftly behind you. He’s blocking the way back, you have nowhere to go but forward.

A) Head straight across the lake.
B) Stick to the edges.
jsX7QNc.pngN30ZRH3.png YNbcTi1.gif9oHyjN0.pnglightning_3.png
@Siritys @Goldia @dividedAnimus @HedwigHufflepuff

You pull the device out of the junkpile, causing another minor avalanche. You push a few of the panels around, and it looks like you could pretty easily put it back together.

You manage to find some of the tools you'd need just lying around in the scrapyard. Lightning dragons throw out or lose a lot of wrenches, screwdrivers, welding torches, protective goggles, and wow is that an actual room-sized sewing machine.

You shake your head, clearing it of the distracting items scattered around you. Carefully, you start to put the device together. You check the wiring, replacing old and damaged wires with some you find in an old electrician's powerpack. The panels are mostly okay, with some needing to be hammered into shape. You use some heavy mechanojet boots as a makeshift anvil. Each clash of the hammer sends sparks flying from the boots, and you admit that this part is kind of fun.

After some steady work, the device seems to be in working order. Of course, you still have no idea what it does, and you weren't able to get one of the buttons hooked up to the circuit board.

But, there are two working buttons, and you're dying to press one of them.

A) Press the top button.
B) Press the bottom button.

@Siritys @Goldia @dividedAnimus @HedwigHufflepuff

You pull the device out of the junkpile, causing another minor avalanche. You push a few of the panels around, and it looks like you could pretty easily put it back together.

You manage to find some of the tools you'd need just lying around in the scrapyard. Lightning dragons throw out or lose a lot of wrenches, screwdrivers, welding torches, protective goggles, and wow is that an actual room-sized sewing machine.

You shake your head, clearing it of the distracting items scattered around you. Carefully, you start to put the device together. You check the wiring, replacing old and damaged wires with some you find in an old electrician's powerpack. The panels are mostly okay, with some needing to be hammered into shape. You use some heavy mechanojet boots as a makeshift anvil. Each clash of the hammer sends sparks flying from the boots, and you admit that this part is kind of fun.

After some steady work, the device seems to be in working order. Of course, you still have no idea what it does, and you weren't able to get one of the buttons hooked up to the circuit board.

But, there are two working buttons, and you're dying to press one of them.

A) Press the top button.
B) Press the bottom button.

jsX7QNc.pngN30ZRH3.png YNbcTi1.gif9oHyjN0.pnglightning_3.png
@GryphonSong @Elsu @CharlieWeasleyy @SilverQuark @rubyredtan @BlackwatchGenji @Scatterspark @Espoir

You pull the device out of the junkpile, causing another minor avalanche. You carefully place it in your bag next to the book, and you make your way out of the maze of scrap.

Sparkplug zips up to your face as you walk out. "Well, didja find it?" You nod, and she grins. "Alrighty! Now, you said Andy went to distract ol' Serious Face? So then she should be–"

"I'm right here, Sparky," Andraste says as she lands next to the two of you. "And you found my intern, thank you darling."

A golem shaped like a dragon emerges from Andy's bag, followed by a tiny black cat. "Calculating a 97.2 percent probability that Sparkplug is going to repay your favor," the golem said in a mechanical voice.

"Thank you, Smallfry. Keep an eye on Bigby for me will you?" she says as she taps a few buttons on the golem's control gauntlet. The cat jumps off of Andy and into the junkyard, the golem hovering over it. "So, you're finally paying me back for that favor, Sparky?"

"Yessiree, Andy," Sparkplug says as she gestures to you. You pull the device out of your bag, and Andy's eyes go wide with greed. "I know you like weird things out of the Spire and I saw this the other day."

"Wonderful. Come along now, intern. We have places to be," Andy says, whistling for her golem and cat. You start to ask about Enzul, and Andy kicks you in the shin when Sparkplug isn't looking. "Later," she hisses out.

The two of you leave the junkyard, and Andy leads you to a nearby boarded-up building. She lifts up a few boards in one of the windows, and you enter the abandoned shack.

"Man, Sparkplug has no idea the value of what she's got in that scrapyard of hers," Andy says as she examines the device you'd found. "You know what this is? It's made to find Second Age magic. Also known as that little artifact in your arm." She pokes at some of the broken panels. "I think I can reconfigure this to overload your arm and get the artifact out. Want to give it a shot?"

A) "Sure, what could go wrong?"
B) "I'd rather go find Enzul, if it's all the same to you."
@GryphonSong @Elsu @CharlieWeasleyy @SilverQuark @rubyredtan @BlackwatchGenji @Scatterspark @Espoir

You pull the device out of the junkpile, causing another minor avalanche. You carefully place it in your bag next to the book, and you make your way out of the maze of scrap.

Sparkplug zips up to your face as you walk out. "Well, didja find it?" You nod, and she grins. "Alrighty! Now, you said Andy went to distract ol' Serious Face? So then she should be–"

"I'm right here, Sparky," Andraste says as she lands next to the two of you. "And you found my intern, thank you darling."

A golem shaped like a dragon emerges from Andy's bag, followed by a tiny black cat. "Calculating a 97.2 percent probability that Sparkplug is going to repay your favor," the golem said in a mechanical voice.

"Thank you, Smallfry. Keep an eye on Bigby for me will you?" she says as she taps a few buttons on the golem's control gauntlet. The cat jumps off of Andy and into the junkyard, the golem hovering over it. "So, you're finally paying me back for that favor, Sparky?"

"Yessiree, Andy," Sparkplug says as she gestures to you. You pull the device out of your bag, and Andy's eyes go wide with greed. "I know you like weird things out of the Spire and I saw this the other day."

"Wonderful. Come along now, intern. We have places to be," Andy says, whistling for her golem and cat. You start to ask about Enzul, and Andy kicks you in the shin when Sparkplug isn't looking. "Later," she hisses out.

The two of you leave the junkyard, and Andy leads you to a nearby boarded-up building. She lifts up a few boards in one of the windows, and you enter the abandoned shack.

"Man, Sparkplug has no idea the value of what she's got in that scrapyard of hers," Andy says as she examines the device you'd found. "You know what this is? It's made to find Second Age magic. Also known as that little artifact in your arm." She pokes at some of the broken panels. "I think I can reconfigure this to overload your arm and get the artifact out. Want to give it a shot?"

A) "Sure, what could go wrong?"
B) "I'd rather go find Enzul, if it's all the same to you."
jsX7QNc.pngN30ZRH3.png YNbcTi1.gif9oHyjN0.pnglightning_3.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43421536] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434216/43421536_350.png[/img] [/url] Does Fern trust Andraste enough to just say, yh, go ahead? Does the need to return to her normal life outweigh the risk of lets say, possibly losing her arm? She thinks about the chocolate cake awaiting her back in her cozy little home, and the choice is quickly made. "Sure, what could go wrong?" [i]Everything.[/i]

43421536_350.png


Does Fern trust Andraste enough to just say, yh, go ahead? Does the need to return to her normal life outweigh the risk of lets say, possibly losing her arm?

She thinks about the chocolate cake awaiting her back in her cozy little home, and the choice is quickly made. "Sure, what could go wrong?"
Everything.
FlsXBHN.png

19
she
arcane
hoarder
+9 fr time
vistas (68/105)
TPtxsIM.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34055220] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/340553/34055220_350.png[/img] [/url] "Why is life so hard???!?" Karmanh wails, briefly pulling his hat down over his face. He hasn't had a tantrum since he was, like...three. It doesn't really make him feel better. [i]"I can see now why my parents were not fans of this,"[/i] he realizes, pushing his hat back into place. He brushes off his clothes and then squints suspiciously down the tunnels before heading down the right fork.

34055220_350.png

"Why is life so hard???!?" Karmanh wails, briefly pulling his hat down over his face. He hasn't had a tantrum since he was, like...three. It doesn't really make him feel better. "I can see now why my parents were not fans of this," he realizes, pushing his hat back into place. He brushes off his clothes and then squints suspiciously down the tunnels before heading down the right fork.
254672shop_aff1b.png
{LF} UM Great Revival | {Free} bio resources
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +15 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37582138] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/375822/37582138_350.png[/img] [/url] [color=green][b]Chimera looked at her arm. The question was, did Andy really know what she was doing? She found herself saying "Sure, what could go wrong?" The answer of course was... a lot. No sense in borrowing trouble though. Whatever happened, they'ed just have to deal with it.

37582138_350.png


Chimera looked at her arm.

The question was, did Andy really know what she was doing?

She found herself saying "Sure, what could go wrong?"

The answer of course was... a lot. No sense in borrowing trouble though. Whatever happened, they'ed just have to deal with it.
wild_woods_hatchery_signature_by_angeldragonisa-dceuupk.png
Intern? Dawntreader sputtered, his relief to see Andraste gone whens she started...acting like Andraste. Still, he sat quietly and handed the device over when prompted and when it was time to go he trotted along behind, just like a good little intern.

She fiddled about with her new toy, and the Pearlcatcher began to fidget, remembering the bomb and what she and Cat had said about 'insides ending up on outsides'. "Hey, um, I'd really like to go see this Enzul derg now, since we, you know, have some free time where we're not being chased by anybody and things aren't blowing up." He sat up straight and patted the satchel at his side. "I've got something to show him."

He left it at that. Something told him that Andraste wouldn't care much about a book. And Enzul might not either, but if they were really playing about with Second Age magic, then he wanted a professional. It was -his- arm, after all.
Intern? Dawntreader sputtered, his relief to see Andraste gone whens she started...acting like Andraste. Still, he sat quietly and handed the device over when prompted and when it was time to go he trotted along behind, just like a good little intern.

She fiddled about with her new toy, and the Pearlcatcher began to fidget, remembering the bomb and what she and Cat had said about 'insides ending up on outsides'. "Hey, um, I'd really like to go see this Enzul derg now, since we, you know, have some free time where we're not being chased by anybody and things aren't blowing up." He sat up straight and patted the satchel at his side. "I've got something to show him."

He left it at that. Something told him that Andraste wouldn't care much about a book. And Enzul might not either, but if they were really playing about with Second Age magic, then he wanted a professional. It was -his- arm, after all.
B1Vtq5s.gifRz7ZJcJ.png tumblr_inline_otq29dktir1qzyloc_500.gif Uxts8PW.gif gFwGJ3H.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42480929] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/424810/42480929_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Smolder stared. Her mind had never been so silent, her body had never moved this effortlessly, as if there wasn't even air resistance or gravity to fight through. As if she hadn't made the decision to move at all. She reached out a claw to rest on it's twelve-eyed face, but paused before she touched it. No. Couldn't risk damaging it. Couldn't risk scratching something so beautiful. But that was okay; now she was beautiful, maybe she could be complete and whole, too. For just one wonderful minute, there were no questions left to ask, they all seemed so trivial and meaningless. If she was in her right mind, that would have horrified her. But this revelation brought a sense of contentment with it. This. All her theories and studies paled in comparison to it. This was all she needed. The glow of the artifact transfixed her, and she willed all her being to glow back.

Smolder stared. Her mind had never been so silent, her body had never moved this effortlessly, as if there wasn't even air resistance or gravity to fight through. As if she hadn't made the decision to move at all. She reached out a claw to rest on it's twelve-eyed face, but paused before she touched it.

No. Couldn't risk damaging it. Couldn't risk scratching something so beautiful. But that was okay; now she was beautiful, maybe she could be complete and whole, too. For just one wonderful minute, there were no questions left to ask, they all seemed so trivial and meaningless. If she was in her right mind, that would have horrified her. But this revelation brought a sense of contentment with it. This. All her theories and studies paled in comparison to it. This was all she needed.

The glow of the artifact transfixed her, and she willed all her being to glow back.
GRmuABI.png
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 41 42