Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Redwoods: A CYOA Thread
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 53 54
@Comettail @houndofspring @CabbageCrow @Arachnoid @hqmary @redlobco @cobaltstorm @Neryth @LoversMasque @WhitePhoenix @AngelOfMetal @Kataracts

Choices:

1) What’s the matter?
2) What’s that noise?
3) What’s the matter?
4) What’s the matter?
5) What’s the matter?
6) What’s that noise?
7) Say nothing
8) What’s that noise?

Roll says… 5: What’s the matter?

Your words come out a little more frightened than you wanted. “What’s the matter?”

All Black grunts. “The bridge’s out.”

“A bridge?” You tilt your head, trying to remember what a bridge is. “That’s made to cross over something, right?”

“Not now, no,” All Black says. “It’s been washed away. Water’s flooding the road.”

“I thought that was just the rain,” you say. You unconsciously take a step forward and immediately recoil when your leg sinks into water up to your underside.

All Black sloshes back up to you and starts walking to the left. “Come on, then. There’s another way.”

“What are we trying to cross?” you ask, hurrying after him.

“The river, what else?”

You roll back through your memories and teachings to find a mental image for a river. You’ve lived around ponds, certainly, and you know that a river has something to do with water, but you’ve never actually seen one before, in pictures or in real life. You make the assumption that this rainy, splashing noise is connected to this body of water, though it’s too dark for you to really see where it’s coming from.

As you walk along, you occasionally trip over pebbles and grass rooted deep in the mud of the shoreline. Because of this, you have to walk very slowly, and even then you still stumble. All Black doesn’t seem to notice that he’s getting farther and farther away from you. You have to call for him to stop and let you catch up.

“You going to be slow the entire time?” he says. “We don’t have the luxury of strolling around now that we’re here.”

Why not?
Hey, I’m walking blind here.
I’ll pick up the pace.
Say nothing.
@Comettail @houndofspring @CabbageCrow @Arachnoid @hqmary @redlobco @cobaltstorm @Neryth @LoversMasque @WhitePhoenix @AngelOfMetal @Kataracts

Choices:

1) What’s the matter?
2) What’s that noise?
3) What’s the matter?
4) What’s the matter?
5) What’s the matter?
6) What’s that noise?
7) Say nothing
8) What’s that noise?

Roll says… 5: What’s the matter?

Your words come out a little more frightened than you wanted. “What’s the matter?”

All Black grunts. “The bridge’s out.”

“A bridge?” You tilt your head, trying to remember what a bridge is. “That’s made to cross over something, right?”

“Not now, no,” All Black says. “It’s been washed away. Water’s flooding the road.”

“I thought that was just the rain,” you say. You unconsciously take a step forward and immediately recoil when your leg sinks into water up to your underside.

All Black sloshes back up to you and starts walking to the left. “Come on, then. There’s another way.”

“What are we trying to cross?” you ask, hurrying after him.

“The river, what else?”

You roll back through your memories and teachings to find a mental image for a river. You’ve lived around ponds, certainly, and you know that a river has something to do with water, but you’ve never actually seen one before, in pictures or in real life. You make the assumption that this rainy, splashing noise is connected to this body of water, though it’s too dark for you to really see where it’s coming from.

As you walk along, you occasionally trip over pebbles and grass rooted deep in the mud of the shoreline. Because of this, you have to walk very slowly, and even then you still stumble. All Black doesn’t seem to notice that he’s getting farther and farther away from you. You have to call for him to stop and let you catch up.

“You going to be slow the entire time?” he says. “We don’t have the luxury of strolling around now that we’re here.”

Why not?
I’ll pick up the pace.
Say nothing.
Seeker
Say nothing
Say nothing
Hey, I'm walking blind here.
Hey, I'm walking blind here.
Point out that hey, I'm walking blind here, but try to say it politely.
Point out that hey, I'm walking blind here, but try to say it politely.
1148_200px_comettail76_by_miirshroom-dbencqu.png
I'll pick up the pace.
I'll pick up the pace.
Why not? Is there something here out to get us?
Why not? Is there something here out to get us?
I am walking blind here. We can't all see in the dark.
I am walking blind here. We can't all see in the dark.
I'll pick up the pace
I'll pick up the pace
4xd1oW3.png

Choices:

1) Say nothing
2) Walking blind
3) Walking blind
4) Walking blind
5) Pick up the pace
6) Why not?
7) Walking blind
8) Pick up the pace

Roll says… 3: Walking blind.

“I can’t see a single thing ahead of me,” you say. “I’m pretty much walking blind here.”

All Black grunts. “You’re a pigeon, aren’t you? You could light your way.”

You don’t know what to react to – the fact that you didn’t think of that yourself, or the fact that you now have to try it to show him that you don’t have any magical potency yet.

“Well?” he says after a period of silence of you being lost in your thoughts. “Go on.”

You sigh and lower your head, thinking. How did your mother teach you to do this, again?

Wave your wings.
Motion with one foot.
Say an incantation.
Ask All Black for help.
Refuse to do it.

Choices:

1) Say nothing
2) Walking blind
3) Walking blind
4) Walking blind
5) Pick up the pace
6) Why not?
7) Walking blind
8) Pick up the pace

Roll says… 3: Walking blind.

“I can’t see a single thing ahead of me,” you say. “I’m pretty much walking blind here.”

All Black grunts. “You’re a pigeon, aren’t you? You could light your way.”

You don’t know what to react to – the fact that you didn’t think of that yourself, or the fact that you now have to try it to show him that you don’t have any magical potency yet.

“Well?” he says after a period of silence of you being lost in your thoughts. “Go on.”

You sigh and lower your head, thinking. How did your mother teach you to do this, again?

Wave your wings.
Motion with one foot.
Say an incantation.
Ask All Black for help.
Refuse to do it.
Seeker
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 53 54