Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Redwoods: A CYOA Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54
Bloom-of-First-Flower
Bloom-of-First-Flower
@Comettail @houndofspring @CabbageCrow @Arachnoid @hqmary @redlobco @cobaltstorm @Neryth @LoversMasque @WhitePhoenix @AngelOfMetal @Kataracts

Choices:

1) Dust-From-Shattered-Stone
2) Les
3) Quinn
4) Quill-Fallen-From-Sky
5) Blossom-Of-Fresh-Clover
6) Heart-Of-Sky-Stone
7) Storm-On-The-Horizon
8) Sheir
9) Sun-That-Glows-Red
10) Bloom-Of-First-Flower

Roll says… 4: Quill-Fallen-From-Sky.

Right. Your mother was very proud of that one. She made sure to tell you several times that she had worked hard to find the perfect name just for you. And she never just called you “Quill”, oh no. It had to be “Quill-Fallen-From-Sky” every time. So much as asking a question and the full name would be used-

“Are you done?”

You jerk your head up, startled out of your reverie. Your guide, a large, entirely black newt, is staring at you with undisguised annoyance. You can’t tell through the dark if his eyes are half-closed (does he even have eyelids?) or it’s just his pupils giving off that effect, but the impatience is coming off of him in waves.

Sorry, I’m done.
I was startled, give me a break.
Shouldn’t you be looking out for predators?
Say nothing and keep following him.

@Comettail @houndofspring @CabbageCrow @Arachnoid @hqmary @redlobco @cobaltstorm @Neryth @LoversMasque @WhitePhoenix @AngelOfMetal @Kataracts

Choices:

1) Dust-From-Shattered-Stone
2) Les
3) Quinn
4) Quill-Fallen-From-Sky
5) Blossom-Of-Fresh-Clover
6) Heart-Of-Sky-Stone
7) Storm-On-The-Horizon
8) Sheir
9) Sun-That-Glows-Red
10) Bloom-Of-First-Flower

Roll says… 4: Quill-Fallen-From-Sky.

Right. Your mother was very proud of that one. She made sure to tell you several times that she had worked hard to find the perfect name just for you. And she never just called you “Quill”, oh no. It had to be “Quill-Fallen-From-Sky” every time. So much as asking a question and the full name would be used-

“Are you done?”

You jerk your head up, startled out of your reverie. Your guide, a large, entirely black newt, is staring at you with undisguised annoyance. You can’t tell through the dark if his eyes are half-closed (does he even have eyelids?) or it’s just his pupils giving off that effect, but the impatience is coming off of him in waves.

Sorry, I’m done.
Say nothing and keep following him.

Seeker
Say nothing and keep following him
Say nothing and keep following him
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
Sorry, I’m done.
Sorry, I’m done.
1148_200px_comettail76_by_miirshroom-dbencqu.png
Sorry, I'm done
Sorry, I'm done
Sorry, I’m done.
Sorry, I’m done.
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
Lshkoju.png
AaYNmEX.png
Pgv53XB.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
J7D1quC.png
2dQktJZ.png
YMPbu9R.png
   - call me sparrow or cobalt!

- selling/trading duplicate familiars
   - spreadsheet of unobtained familiars

Choices:

1) Give me a break
2) Say nothing
3) Predators
4) Sorry
5) Give me a break
6) Sorry
7) Sorry

Roll says… 3: Predators.

“Shouldn’t you be watching out for predators?” you say, stepping back from the puddle.

“This road is safe,” he says. There’s an implied “you idiot" at the end of that sentence. “If that’s such a big deal, why aren’t you doing it?”

“I have been,” you reply. “Ever since we left the Rubble, I’ve been looking around and behind me constantly.”

“Then keep looking, if it so suits you.” He turns and starts off again with that strange, almost waddling pace you’ve seen salamanders and newts use and that you still don’t understand. “But nothing’s coming for us until we get to the river.”

You don’t like the sound of that, but you ignore your instincts to run home and follow after him, mumbling aimless arguments under your breath.

All Black, as your mother introduced him, apparently makes his way by guiding others to and from the forest you’re heading to now. He’s made it this long without getting killed, and him being close by does seem to ward off any unwelcome company, but you think you’re still allowed to be nervous. He said that he has “toxins” all over his skin that keeps him safe from the attention of predators.

So far, that may have worked for him, but you have no such coating. You can’t even fly all that well yet. If something comes for you, you’re doomed. The way All Black has been acting, you’re kind of secretly hoping something bad does happen, just to spite him. Then he gets to go back and announce how he failed and everyone will mourn your death and get him in trouble.

You know that’s petty. You know. So you say nothing and keep walking.

The rain starts again, heavier than before. You’re shivering violently within seconds, but your guide doesn’t seem to notice the downpour. No words are exchanged between the two of you for some time, which leaves your thoughts free to wander off to wherever they want to go while he leads you down the path.

It’s been several days since you left home, and you still don’t know anything more than you did before all this. You don’t know about your final destination, or how long it will take to get there still, or what you’re supposed to do once you arrive. You contemplate asking All Black a number of questions.

How close are we?
Where do I go after we get there?
What do I do once we arrive?
Say nothing.

Choices:

1) Give me a break
2) Say nothing
3) Predators
4) Sorry
5) Give me a break
6) Sorry
7) Sorry

Roll says… 3: Predators.

“Shouldn’t you be watching out for predators?” you say, stepping back from the puddle.

“This road is safe,” he says. There’s an implied “you idiot" at the end of that sentence. “If that’s such a big deal, why aren’t you doing it?”

“I have been,” you reply. “Ever since we left the Rubble, I’ve been looking around and behind me constantly.”

“Then keep looking, if it so suits you.” He turns and starts off again with that strange, almost waddling pace you’ve seen salamanders and newts use and that you still don’t understand. “But nothing’s coming for us until we get to the river.”

You don’t like the sound of that, but you ignore your instincts to run home and follow after him, mumbling aimless arguments under your breath.

All Black, as your mother introduced him, apparently makes his way by guiding others to and from the forest you’re heading to now. He’s made it this long without getting killed, and him being close by does seem to ward off any unwelcome company, but you think you’re still allowed to be nervous. He said that he has “toxins” all over his skin that keeps him safe from the attention of predators.

So far, that may have worked for him, but you have no such coating. You can’t even fly all that well yet. If something comes for you, you’re doomed. The way All Black has been acting, you’re kind of secretly hoping something bad does happen, just to spite him. Then he gets to go back and announce how he failed and everyone will mourn your death and get him in trouble.

You know that’s petty. You know. So you say nothing and keep walking.

The rain starts again, heavier than before. You’re shivering violently within seconds, but your guide doesn’t seem to notice the downpour. No words are exchanged between the two of you for some time, which leaves your thoughts free to wander off to wherever they want to go while he leads you down the path.

It’s been several days since you left home, and you still don’t know anything more than you did before all this. You don’t know about your final destination, or how long it will take to get there still, or what you’re supposed to do once you arrive. You contemplate asking All Black a number of questions.

How close are we?
Where do I go after we get there?
What do I do once we arrive?
Say nothing.

Seeker
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54