Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | *Make an OC for the User Above You*
1 2
~Make an OC For the User Above You~
The Idea of this thread is to have fun with art while making and receiving characters. Please be respectful of everyone in the thread, note who the moderators are, and read all the rules. This thread was created due to the old one being unregulated with the hopes that more people will have fun playing when all the rules are respected.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~How the Game Works~

1. Claim the person above you by writing "Claim" and the posting the filled out form (found below) within the same post.

2. When you finish, edit your post and put in a working image or link to the art so that we know you are done.

3. Message them with the image when finished.

Someone should claim you, and do the same for you. Be sure to say thank you for the art you receive!

If you have any issues or questions, just please feel free to pm me or one of the moderators: @AriettaCantabile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~RULES~

~ Time Limit is two weeks, this means from the day you start you have 14 days to finish a design for the user above you.

~ Do not claim if you already claimed and have not finished a request.

~ if it has been two weeks and you have not posted any art you will be PMed.

~ Quality is important. Don't just sketch out a design in ten minutes, use a paint bucket to fill it or overall put very little effort into the design. This is for fun, not to get characters from others while doing the least amount of work you can get away with!

~ Full bodies are preferred because just giving a headshot means the person you're giving it too still has to make the other 80% of the character.

~ All levels of artists are accepted as long as thought and effort is put into the designs.

~ Traditional art is accepted, as long as meets the same quality and effort requirements of the digital art.

~ Try to meet the user above you's criteria to your best ability.

~ All art is free, this means you cannot ask for payment for a design or set out rules for how they change/use the character.

~ Give credit for the art given to you if you post it somewhere.

~ Do not use preexisting designs, or art or line art you did not create yourself.

~ Do not post again until your current design is finished.

~ Please do not chat or comment on art within this thread, only post and edit your post to claim and post your form and finished art, just to keep it tidy. A discussion thread exists here LINK TO DISCUSSION THREAD

~ If conversation occurs please do add a "SKIP ME" to the post

~ In accordance with the forum etiquette of Flight Rising, explicitly bumping the thread is not allowed. This includes ghost bumping, "up", "boop", etc. If you want to move the thread along, just claim it yourself, or follow the steps above. This keeps the thread tidy and also ensures that it won't be shut down due to rule breaches.

~FORM~
Quote:
Ideas for my character

Aesthetics:
Colors and Designs:
What I dislike:
Other/Suggestions:

Things for Inspiration:

\/I'll be claiming the first poster on this thread so all they have to do is fill out the form\/
~Make an OC For the User Above You~
The Idea of this thread is to have fun with art while making and receiving characters. Please be respectful of everyone in the thread, note who the moderators are, and read all the rules. This thread was created due to the old one being unregulated with the hopes that more people will have fun playing when all the rules are respected.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~How the Game Works~

1. Claim the person above you by writing "Claim" and the posting the filled out form (found below) within the same post.

2. When you finish, edit your post and put in a working image or link to the art so that we know you are done.

3. Message them with the image when finished.

Someone should claim you, and do the same for you. Be sure to say thank you for the art you receive!

If you have any issues or questions, just please feel free to pm me or one of the moderators: @AriettaCantabile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~RULES~

~ Time Limit is two weeks, this means from the day you start you have 14 days to finish a design for the user above you.

~ Do not claim if you already claimed and have not finished a request.

~ if it has been two weeks and you have not posted any art you will be PMed.

~ Quality is important. Don't just sketch out a design in ten minutes, use a paint bucket to fill it or overall put very little effort into the design. This is for fun, not to get characters from others while doing the least amount of work you can get away with!

~ Full bodies are preferred because just giving a headshot means the person you're giving it too still has to make the other 80% of the character.

~ All levels of artists are accepted as long as thought and effort is put into the designs.

~ Traditional art is accepted, as long as meets the same quality and effort requirements of the digital art.

~ Try to meet the user above you's criteria to your best ability.

~ All art is free, this means you cannot ask for payment for a design or set out rules for how they change/use the character.

~ Give credit for the art given to you if you post it somewhere.

~ Do not use preexisting designs, or art or line art you did not create yourself.

~ Do not post again until your current design is finished.

~ Please do not chat or comment on art within this thread, only post and edit your post to claim and post your form and finished art, just to keep it tidy. A discussion thread exists here LINK TO DISCUSSION THREAD

~ If conversation occurs please do add a "SKIP ME" to the post

~ In accordance with the forum etiquette of Flight Rising, explicitly bumping the thread is not allowed. This includes ghost bumping, "up", "boop", etc. If you want to move the thread along, just claim it yourself, or follow the steps above. This keeps the thread tidy and also ensures that it won't be shut down due to rule breaches.

~FORM~
Quote:
Ideas for my character

Aesthetics:
Colors and Designs:
What I dislike:
Other/Suggestions:

Things for Inspiration:

\/I'll be claiming the first poster on this thread so all they have to do is fill out the form\/
Claim? :D

Ideas for my character

Species: Vernid <3
Aesthetics: Artist choice
Colors and Designs: tiger stripes, fold and pink ranges
What I dislike: robots, metallics
Other/Suggestions: I'm not picky at all!

Things for Inspiration: Sakura blossoms!
Claim? :D

Ideas for my character

Species: Vernid <3
Aesthetics: Artist choice
Colors and Designs: tiger stripes, fold and pink ranges
What I dislike: robots, metallics
Other/Suggestions: I'm not picky at all!

Things for Inspiration: Sakura blossoms!
y4XpVjZ.png
Claim @MischievousMoose I did the anthro version cuz I can't draw animals to save my life so I hope that's okay. [img]https://i.imgur.com/rOzIDhD.jpg[/img] [b]Ideas for my character[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] Male pref; but any is fine [b]Species:[/b] Triton (dnd race) [b]Aesthetics:[/b] Kawaii aestetic, pastel aestetic, pale aestetic [b]Colors and Designs[/b]: light pinks,purples,blues,turquoise [b]What I dislike:[/b] neons, dark colors [b]Other/Suggestions:[/b] use the ocean as insperation [b]Things for Inspiration:[/b][url= https://toyhou.se/2298144.wishlist/2298202.fantasy] INSPO HERE[/url]
Claim @MischievousMoose I did the anthro version cuz I can't draw animals to save my life so I hope that's okay.
rOzIDhD.jpg

Ideas for my character

Species: Triton (dnd race)
Aesthetics: Kawaii aestetic, pastel aestetic, pale aestetic
Colors and Designs: light pinks,purples,blues,turquoise
What I dislike: neons, dark colors
Other/Suggestions: use the ocean as insperation

Things for Inspiration: INSPO HERE
~ANNOUNCEMENT~
Since I cannot always be online I will also be looking for 2 Mods to help keep track of everything. Please PM me if you are interested. Preferably looking for someone who has been on the site for at least a year and knows all the forum rules.
~ANNOUNCEMENT~
Since I cannot always be online I will also be looking for 2 Mods to help keep track of everything. Please PM me if you are interested. Preferably looking for someone who has been on the site for at least a year and knows all the forum rules.
@Clubbingclown [img]https://i.imgur.com/dKs3A0f.png[/img] There he is, a beautiful sea pancake! [b]Ideas for my character:[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] Any [b]Species:[/b] Anything from LoZ (Ritos, Keatons and Zoras are my favorite) [b]Aesthetic:[/b] Whatever you like! [b]Colors and Designs:[/b] Bright colors, warm tones, soft things [b]What I dislike:[/b] R-rated stuff, too many rainbows, "Sonic OC" level of edginess [b]Other Suggestions:[/b] I'm not picky, go crazy! Just... not that kind of crazy. [b]Inspiration:[/b] [url=https://unsplash.com/]Unsplash[/url] and whatever you can scavenge from Tumblr. @Shadowess, how goes the work?
@Clubbingclown
dKs3A0f.png
There he is, a beautiful sea pancake!

Ideas for my character:
Species: Anything from LoZ (Ritos, Keatons and Zoras are my favorite)
Aesthetic: Whatever you like!
Colors and Designs: Bright colors, warm tones, soft things
What I dislike: R-rated stuff, too many rainbows, "Sonic OC" level of edginess
Other Suggestions: I'm not picky, go crazy! Just... not that kind of crazy.

Inspiration: Unsplash and whatever you can scavenge from Tumblr.
@Shadowess, how goes the work?
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
Claim!

Ideas for my character

Species: Dragonkin from D&D
Aesthetics: Any!
Colors and Designs: A light base with darker colored details, swirly patterns
What I dislike: Too many different colors
Other/Suggestions: No suggestions, do whatever!

Things for Inspiration: This and other dragons that person drew (Note: I don't want any rainbows like in the pictures here!)(I literally just found this from searching the web)

@LoversMasque Making progress! I can't draw digitally so I'm doing it on paper.
Claim!

Ideas for my character

Species: Dragonkin from D&D
Aesthetics: Any!
Colors and Designs: A light base with darker colored details, swirly patterns
What I dislike: Too many different colors
Other/Suggestions: No suggestions, do whatever!

Things for Inspiration: This and other dragons that person drew (Note: I don't want any rainbows like in the pictures here!)(I literally just found this from searching the web)

@LoversMasque Making progress! I can't draw digitally so I'm doing it on paper.
miku.pngshe/her -- came from mars -- nerd -- dergs verna.png
@Shadowess Hi there! I finished your gal! I gave her very simplistic clothes since I wasn't sure what kind of class you wanted her to be. I gave her a very tribal look to incorporate the swirly designs. I hope this is close to what you were looking for! Loved drawing her. [img]https://img00.deviantart.net/ec2d/i/2018/184/1/1/_dragonkin_by_arietta_cantabile-dcg714u.png[/img] Ideas for my character [b]Gender:[/b] Female or Androgynous. [b]Species:[/b] Humanoid Monster [b]Aesthetics:[/b] Dark, more humanoid traits than nonhuman, insects, centaurs, sea monster, flowers. [b]Colors and Designs:[/b] Dull, mystical colors, interesting and unique concept. Maybe glowy parts? [b]What I dislike:[/b] Bright, flashy colors, cute, cuddly. [b]Other/Suggestions:[/b] Please, be super creative! You can pick any of these traits to stick to. I give you full and complete artistic freedom. [b]Things for Inspiration:[/b] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/28/e8/00/28e8009ca046ebdfb3345f670519d400--humanoid-creature-design.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/JaoF55r.jpg[/img] [img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/993c/th/pre/i/2011/141/0/c/demon_monster_by_grimshady-d3gviyj.jpg[/img] [img]http://dentme.com/Plant%20Creature%20final3.jpg[/img]
@Shadowess

Hi there! I finished your gal! I gave her very simplistic clothes since I wasn't sure what kind of class you wanted her to be. I gave her a very tribal look to incorporate the swirly designs. I hope this is close to what you were looking for! Loved drawing her.

_dragonkin_by_arietta_cantabile-dcg714u.png

Ideas for my character

Species: Humanoid Monster
Aesthetics: Dark, more humanoid traits than nonhuman, insects, centaurs, sea monster, flowers.
Colors and Designs: Dull, mystical colors, interesting and unique concept. Maybe glowy parts?
What I dislike: Bright, flashy colors, cute, cuddly.
Other/Suggestions: Please, be super creative! You can pick any of these traits to stick to. I give you full and complete artistic freedom.

Things for Inspiration:

28e8009ca046ebdfb3345f670519d400--humanoid-creature-design.jpg
JaoF55r.jpg
demon_monster_by_grimshady-d3gviyj.jpg
Plant%20Creature%20final3.jpg
tumblr_psl5vlOwBM1ugssd3o6_r1_250.giftumblr_psl5vlOwBM1ugssd3o7_r1_250.giftumblr_psl5vlOwBM1ugssd3o8_r1_250.giftumblr_psl5vlOwBM1ugssd3o9_r1_250.gif
Perfect!! Claim :D I do hope a traditional drawing would be alright, as I'm still not entirely comfortable with a digital medium. [rule] @AriettaCantabile [img]https://i.imgur.com/oAsjM8K.png[/img] I am so, so sorry that this is so late!! I haven't had proper access to my materials, sketch books, or the Internet for a few days and was forced to let this be a bit overdue. I do apologize deeply. I hope this this will do :) I'm not exactly experienced with the prompt but it looked fun to try. Please do feel free to change anything you wish, as this is just my idea. Her name is Ember, Daughter of the Equinox. She holds the sun and the moon in her hands, and with that power, protects her world. Amongst the other powerful magi and maren she is seen as a goddess, but having such power is not without a price. Ember's worries are the source of what pull the sun and moon, and there is only twice a year when she is at ease, and that is when Jupiter rests. It is then that the equinox occurs. Ember and Jupiter have been warring for all for recorded history. (It appears my time has run out for writing this... I will return soon with the revised and finished version of the tale, if that is alright :D) [rule] Firstly, I would just like to thank whomever is willing to do one for me :) It really does mean a lot. [B]Ideas for my character[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] Preferably male, but female works as well. It'd be interesting to see the creative formatting of the second option. [b]Species:[/b] Humanoid android, preferably one that seems almost human, yet still has certain flaws or tells... [b]Aesthetics:[/b] Hyperfuturistic, dieselpunk, steampunk, WWII (if that even counts), apocalyptic, militaristic... [b]Colors and Designs:[/b] I'd love a good bronze, gold, copper, and silver, however navy never seems to go out of style for clothing. Dark colors, including black, dark gray, and light gray are ones I fancy as well. For designs, well, I would love to be able to see the bolts, metal paneling, certain other mechanical features, and formal filigree. Of course, any and all of this is open to interpretation. This is just a starter :) [b]What I dislike:[/b] I've never been a fan of the super innocent. I dislike pastel colors and soft designs. Generally, strong and independent personalities are optimal, however full creative freedom goes to you to do as you wish. [b]Other/Suggestions:[/b] Hmm.... These are merely guidelines, but it would be incredible if it were based off of a pilot in a famous WWII air squadron. Introducing the idea of a fully sentient pilot back in that time period can set up an alternate reality that would be quite fun to create. It's more of a historical/science fiction character as I see it now, but feel free to take this wherever it leads you. Go wild, I'll be excited either way, and quite enjoy surprises :D [b]Things for Inspiration:[/b] • If a Chance Vought F4U-1 Corsair was a mechanical human, how would it look? • The industrial revolution put into a fantasy prospect could make for a wonderful inspiration • Nearly anything else you could ask.... I'm open to anything!
Perfect!! Claim :D I do hope a traditional drawing would be alright, as I'm still not entirely comfortable with a digital medium.
@AriettaCantabile
oAsjM8K.png
I am so, so sorry that this is so late!! I haven't had proper access to my materials, sketch books, or the Internet for a few days and was forced to let this be a bit overdue. I do apologize deeply.
I hope this this will do :) I'm not exactly experienced with the prompt but it looked fun to try. Please do feel free to change anything you wish, as this is just my idea. Her name is Ember, Daughter of the Equinox. She holds the sun and the moon in her hands, and with that power, protects her world. Amongst the other powerful magi and maren she is seen as a goddess, but having such power is not without a price. Ember's worries are the source of what pull the sun and moon, and there is only twice a year when she is at ease, and that is when Jupiter rests. It is then that the equinox occurs. Ember and Jupiter have been warring for all for recorded history.

(It appears my time has run out for writing this... I will return soon with the revised and finished version of the tale, if that is alright :D)

Firstly, I would just like to thank whomever is willing to do one for me :) It really does mean a lot.

Ideas for my character

Gender: Preferably male, but female works as well. It'd be interesting to see the creative formatting of the second option.
Species: Humanoid android, preferably one that seems almost human, yet still has certain flaws or tells...
Aesthetics: Hyperfuturistic, dieselpunk, steampunk, WWII (if that even counts), apocalyptic, militaristic...
Colors and Designs: I'd love a good bronze, gold, copper, and silver, however navy never seems to go out of style for clothing. Dark colors, including black, dark gray, and light gray are ones I fancy as well. For designs, well, I would love to be able to see the bolts, metal paneling, certain other mechanical features, and formal filigree. Of course, any and all of this is open to interpretation. This is just a starter :)
What I dislike: I've never been a fan of the super innocent. I dislike pastel colors and soft designs. Generally, strong and independent personalities are optimal, however full creative freedom goes to you to do as you wish.
Other/Suggestions:
Hmm.... These are merely guidelines, but it would be incredible if it were based off of a pilot in a famous WWII air squadron. Introducing the idea of a fully sentient pilot back in that time period can set up an alternate reality that would be quite fun to create. It's more of a historical/science fiction character as I see it now, but feel free to take this wherever it leads you. Go wild, I'll be excited either way, and quite enjoy surprises :D

Things for Inspiration:
• If a Chance Vought F4U-1 Corsair was a mechanical human, how would it look?
• The industrial revolution put into a fantasy prospect could make for a wonderful inspiration
• Nearly anything else you could ask.... I'm open to anything!
83-DD9-CC7-D26-D-40-CD-A87-C-14-D8-FAF4674-C.jpg

1-EDB52-**-5-C78-4-E7-E-B149-36-DE6752275-C.jpg 2733-C5-A9-5459-490-A-9442-3-DA8-EED991-CD.jpg B7-C1-C426-FB93-4-AB6-B5-F7-816708-A033-A8.gif

beastclanshavedomdiscount.gif
Female, FR +1.
6klg2iF.png
iwtfhg_by_intimer_genetics_inc-d9wq4o5.png Oh look! My obsession paid off!
tumblr_inline_nbwjccPnMm1qkfp12.png
@Airplanefoxx Does this work? [url=https://www.deviantart.com/banjoker/art/Fake-Men-752748442][img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/1ba5/th/pre/i/2018/184/8/1/fake_men_by_banjoker-dcg60ey.jpg[/img][/url] Click it for a history of the Fake Men including creation, rights, and blending into human culture. ------------ [b]Ideas for my character[/b] [b]Gender[/b]: Probably female, or female-like. Feminine features at least. [b]Species[/b]: Human or elf, something almost human. [b]Aesthetics[/b]: I am a fan of fusing magic and the modern world, so magic and technology in one world, so maybe like a modern day, or maybe a little more advanced, like fantasy being. [b]Colors and Designs[/b]: Generally natural or techy colours are perfect for this. Greys, silvers, blues, skin tones, etc. Really saturated or bright colours are saved for clothing probably. Really pale colours might be rare too. Warm colours are likely best. [b]What I dislike[/b]: Grit is cool and all, but not in this for now. Dark and depressing might be something to avoid as well. [b]Other/Suggestions[/b]: A modern, androgynous to female creation needs some died hair I reckon. Just a thought. :D
@Airplanefoxx

Does this work?

fake_men_by_banjoker-dcg60ey.jpg

Click it for a history of the Fake Men including creation, rights, and blending into human culture.

Ideas for my character

Gender: Probably female, or female-like. Feminine features at least.
Species: Human or elf, something almost human.
Aesthetics: I am a fan of fusing magic and the modern world, so magic and technology in one world, so maybe like a modern day, or maybe a little more advanced, like fantasy being.
Colors and Designs: Generally natural or techy colours are perfect for this. Greys, silvers, blues, skin tones, etc. Really saturated or bright colours are saved for clothing probably. Really pale colours might be rare too. Warm colours are likely best.
What I dislike: Grit is cool and all, but not in this for now. Dark and depressing might be something to avoid as well.
Other/Suggestions: A modern, androgynous to female creation needs some died hair I reckon. Just a thought. :D
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
~ANNOUNCMET~

We also have a help forum to deal with problems from the previous forum

so if you wanna make some characters come check it out

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2179608#post_2179608
~ANNOUNCMET~

We also have a help forum to deal with problems from the previous forum

so if you wanna make some characters come check it out

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2179608#post_2179608
1 2