Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [ENDED] Suspended Disbelief - Discussion
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 58 59
@QiEclipse Sorry, but Storm told me that neither you nor I will be notified if the potato doesn't go through.
@QiEclipse Sorry, but Storm told me that neither you nor I will be notified if the potato doesn't go through.
Yes, there are zeros in my username. Don't ping bookworm by mistake! Fr+3, she/her
Lockdown.
Actions submitted beyond this point will not be counted. Please do not post before the SoTD post is up!
Lockdown.
Actions submitted beyond this point will not be counted. Please do not post before the SoTD post is up!
jghAv2V.png
Players:
@MagykalWagykal @Tanglefire @B00KW0RM @FunFilledWTFery @Maithax @Fil @Thatonespeedster @Clw23 @Booke @Tynnk @Person @QiEclipse @Knickknacks @MysticalScribe @Rosetta248
Subs:
@Chessboard @Embertheskywing @Combtaystic @Cognitive
Specs:
@Fortuna @LadySiren @Misc20 @Vrykolakas @Shimmerwing @BlueCoriander @EarthPhoenix
Start of Day 4

Spark yawns and rubs his eyes wearily as he sits up from his sitting position. He brightens up at the sight of his audience, unaware that two more are missing.

Some of you blink in confusion, not knowing how he can be so cheerful with your numbers dropping so quickly. He notices you frowning, but does not seem to understand why.

"Do you guys need some refreshments?" He mused, in an attempt to raise your spirits.

You just stare at him.

"Well... here's something that'll hopefully cheer you up!"

With a snap of his fingers, a sparkly unicorn pinata descends from the sky, spewing skittles as it neighs. It runs to Spark, and he gives it a warm cuddle, which in turn creates loads of candy in his lap. He grins, releases the pinata, and looks at the huge pile of candy with childlike excitement.

The pinata the bounds towards you one by one. When it nudges your hand, you slowly pick it up and hug the pinata. The pinata gives a soft, comforting neigh. You don't even notice the candy on your lap. You just want a long, warm hug, after all this.

It is currently mylo.
MysticalScribe has died. They were the town innocent child.
B00KW0RM has died. They were the town fruit vendor that actually gives out potatoes and yes I know potatoes aren't fruit so I guess they're a potato vender.
Action results will be sent to your QTs in a bit.
Day 4 has begun! You may now continue to post.
Day 4 ends at 0200 FRT, Saturday 2 June.
Players:
@MagykalWagykal @Tanglefire @B00KW0RM @FunFilledWTFery @Maithax @Fil @Thatonespeedster @Clw23 @Booke @Tynnk @Person @QiEclipse @Knickknacks @MysticalScribe @Rosetta248
Subs:
@Chessboard @Embertheskywing @Combtaystic @Cognitive
Specs:
@Fortuna @LadySiren @Misc20 @Vrykolakas @Shimmerwing @BlueCoriander @EarthPhoenix
Start of Day 4

Spark yawns and rubs his eyes wearily as he sits up from his sitting position. He brightens up at the sight of his audience, unaware that two more are missing.

Some of you blink in confusion, not knowing how he can be so cheerful with your numbers dropping so quickly. He notices you frowning, but does not seem to understand why.

"Do you guys need some refreshments?" He mused, in an attempt to raise your spirits.

You just stare at him.

"Well... here's something that'll hopefully cheer you up!"

With a snap of his fingers, a sparkly unicorn pinata descends from the sky, spewing skittles as it neighs. It runs to Spark, and he gives it a warm cuddle, which in turn creates loads of candy in his lap. He grins, releases the pinata, and looks at the huge pile of candy with childlike excitement.

The pinata the bounds towards you one by one. When it nudges your hand, you slowly pick it up and hug the pinata. The pinata gives a soft, comforting neigh. You don't even notice the candy on your lap. You just want a long, warm hug, after all this.

It is currently mylo.
MysticalScribe has died. They were the town innocent child.
B00KW0RM has died. They were the town fruit vendor that actually gives out potatoes and yes I know potatoes aren't fruit so I guess they're a potato vender.
Action results will be sent to your QTs in a bit.
Day 4 has begun! You may now continue to post.
Day 4 ends at 0200 FRT, Saturday 2 June.
jghAv2V.png
By the day--dead people, specchat is linked in your QT <3
By the day--dead people, specchat is linked in your QT <3
jghAv2V.png
Mylo
- Mislynch and lose
What does this mean for the planned Tangle lynch? (I will be bakc with calculations?)

I have some other thoughts about our vig/other killing role/who is killing all these people it makes no sense there is no logic

BUT sadly I have a comp sci midterm so I need to go (right now)
Mylo
- Mislynch and lose
What does this mean for the planned Tangle lynch? (I will be bakc with calculations?)

I have some other thoughts about our vig/other killing role/who is killing all these people it makes no sense there is no logic

BUT sadly I have a comp sci midterm so I need to go (right now)
T8fiuTq.png fUHWFTE.png
I'm willing to bet we have a non town killer. Either that or mafia has two kills. I don't think vig would shoot mystical (that wouldn't make sense) or shoot Book either. (A claimed towbie, with a role fairly proved.

I'm worried we can't do my lynch, bc if rng is not in our favour we are completely doomed. We would normally be able to safely no lynch (?), but with double kills we might not make it through (?)

Someone pls help in the math? I've doing that for the whole afternoon to the point I did 6+4=9, so I don't trust myself to do this. T_T
I'm willing to bet we have a non town killer. Either that or mafia has two kills. I don't think vig would shoot mystical (that wouldn't make sense) or shoot Book either. (A claimed towbie, with a role fairly proved.

I'm worried we can't do my lynch, bc if rng is not in our favour we are completely doomed. We would normally be able to safely no lynch (?), but with double kills we might not make it through (?)

Someone pls help in the math? I've doing that for the whole afternoon to the point I did 6+4=9, so I don't trust myself to do this. T_T
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
Are we discussing lynching candidates? Because through rereading, did anyone notice @Fil 's odd phrasing here? [quote name="Fil" date="2018-05-30 04:10:18" ] I'm back. *Does a dance. [b]You lynched a mafia.~[/b] [/quote] You? As to oppose to We?
Are we discussing lynching candidates? Because through rereading, did anyone notice @Fil 's odd phrasing here?
Fil wrote on 2018-05-30 04:10:18:
I'm back.

*Does a dance.
You lynched a mafia.~

You? As to oppose to We?
cg9IgXW.png ......
the name's sage! | i promise i'm not scary
25 • he / him • neutral good
And usually MYLO, I believe even if we don't lynch, we still lose? Especially with the silent third party killer... But I could be horribly wrong. Sorry for being gone last night, had an irritating night shift. =w=;

@Tanglefire
And usually MYLO, I believe even if we don't lynch, we still lose? Especially with the silent third party killer... But I could be horribly wrong. Sorry for being gone last night, had an irritating night shift. =w=;

@Tanglefire
cg9IgXW.png ......
the name's sage! | i promise i'm not scary
25 • he / him • neutral good
I was redirected last night, probably by bus driver. Curse you, scum. I'm just going to roleclaim now, because the Mafia knows who I am, so I might as well tell everyone else, too. *Takes a deep breath* Um. I'm the Vigilante. Don't murder me, I was redirected last night, and I can explain Person and Rosetta's deaths. I genuinely thought I had good reasoning at the time. Anyway, now that THAT'S cleared up, I'll get to analyzing posts. [quote name="@Maithax" date="2018-05-30 13:59:51" ] @/QiEclipse My apologies. I was merely speculating and bringing up my own reasons. @/MagykalWagykal @/B00KW0RM Giving up? I don't understand how either of you got that from my post? Perhaps it was the fact that I'm interested in seeing what happens when rng is used to decide between two lynch candidates. I genuinely was just curious to see what happened, especially with what Tangle revealed. As for claiming, I don't claim unless I find it necessary. I mean, I'd claim if you want me to. It's just not something I do until I'm about to be lynched and, even in that situation, it's not a guarantee that I'll claim. Or, well, I also claim when I'm revealing a flaw within the game mechanics or I've used my ability to break the game. I haven't claimed because there has been no reason, in my perspective, for me to do so. I mean, is it a lie what I said in regards to Tangle's plan? In my eyes, I was stating a known fact and a flaw in Tangle's plan. [/quote] I don't know, it was more of a post-gut-feel sort of thing, you know? You probably should claim, though, because since we're in MyLo, every known role counts. [quote name="@Booke" date="2018-05-31 07:14:50" ] Are we discussing lynching candidates? Because through rereading, did anyone notice @/Fil 's odd phrasing here? [quote name="Fil" date="2018-05-30 04:10:18" ] I'm back. *Does a dance. [b][i]You[/i] lynched a mafia.~[/b] [/quote] You? As to oppose to We? [/quote] Oi, that's a good point. *squints at Fil* Not sure who to lynch. Debating between Fil (because of this and radio silence), Maithax (that post... I don't know. I might be paranoid, but it felt weird, especially since B00kworm died right after pointing it out), or Tangle (because of her ability). The formula for MyLo is: P= 2n + x + 1, where N is Mafia, P is the number of remaining players, and x is the number of deaths that could occur tonight. So... Six players, one Mafia, two deaths, and one. 6= 2+ 2 +1 ... Six does not equal five. What do we do if the formula is wrong? The way I see it, we have one Mafia left (assuming there are only three) and five townies. If we lynch a townie by accident, and the Mafia kills one more at night, then we have three townies and one Mafia. If I accidentally kill a townie (which I might not, for fear of being redirected), then we have two townies and one Mafia. @Stormdreamer Are you sure we're in MyLo? What I think we should do, everyone, is lynch Tangle. Worst-case scenario, we lose a Townie, and the Mafia loses their bus-driving ability. That means that we can use my vig kill to hit whoever we want tonight without being redirected. Best case scenario, Tangle's ability kills the Mafia, and we win. I honestly think that's the best chance we have right now. Also, take a minute to admire this lovely cat Storm drew for me! Doesn't it look like me? :P [img]https://i.imgur.com/16if4Z5.png[/img]
I was redirected last night, probably by bus driver. Curse you, scum.

I'm just going to roleclaim now, because the Mafia knows who I am, so I might as well tell everyone else, too.

*Takes a deep breath*

Um. I'm the Vigilante.

Don't murder me, I was redirected last night, and I can explain Person and Rosetta's deaths. I genuinely thought I had good reasoning at the time.

Anyway, now that THAT'S cleared up, I'll get to analyzing posts.
@Maithax wrote on 2018-05-30 13:59:51:
@/QiEclipse

My apologies. I was merely speculating and bringing up my own reasons.

@/MagykalWagykal @/B00KW0RM

Giving up? I don't understand how either of you got that from my post? Perhaps it was the fact that I'm interested in seeing what happens when rng is used to decide between two lynch candidates. I genuinely was just curious to see what happened, especially with what Tangle revealed.

As for claiming, I don't claim unless I find it necessary. I mean, I'd claim if you want me to. It's just not something I do until I'm about to be lynched and, even in that situation, it's not a guarantee that I'll claim. Or, well, I also claim when I'm revealing a flaw within the game mechanics or I've used my ability to break the game. I haven't claimed because there has been no reason, in my perspective, for me to do so.

I mean, is it a lie what I said in regards to Tangle's plan? In my eyes, I was stating a known fact and a flaw in Tangle's plan.

I don't know, it was more of a post-gut-feel sort of thing, you know? You probably should claim, though, because since we're in MyLo, every known role counts.
@Booke wrote on 2018-05-31 07:14:50:
Are we discussing lynching candidates? Because through rereading, did anyone notice @/Fil 's odd phrasing here?
Fil wrote on 2018-05-30 04:10:18:
I'm back.

*Does a dance.
You lynched a mafia.~

You? As to oppose to We?

Oi, that's a good point. *squints at Fil* Not sure who to lynch. Debating between Fil (because of this and radio silence), Maithax (that post... I don't know. I might be paranoid, but it felt weird, especially since B00kworm died right after pointing it out), or Tangle (because of her ability).

The formula for MyLo is: P= 2n + x + 1, where N is Mafia, P is the number of remaining players, and x is the number of deaths that could occur tonight.

So... Six players, one Mafia, two deaths, and one.

6= 2+ 2 +1

... Six does not equal five. What do we do if the formula is wrong?

The way I see it, we have one Mafia left (assuming there are only three) and five townies. If we lynch a townie by accident, and the Mafia kills one more at night, then we have three townies and one Mafia. If I accidentally kill a townie (which I might not, for fear of being redirected), then we have two townies and one Mafia.

@Stormdreamer

Are you sure we're in MyLo?

What I think we should do, everyone, is lynch Tangle. Worst-case scenario, we lose a Townie, and the Mafia loses their bus-driving ability. That means that we can use my vig kill to hit whoever we want tonight without being redirected. Best case scenario, Tangle's ability kills the Mafia, and we win. I honestly think that's the best chance we have right now.

Also, take a minute to admire this lovely cat Storm drew for me! Doesn't it look like me? :P

16if4Z5.png
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
@MagykalWagykal
It is currently mylo.
@MagykalWagykal
It is currently mylo.
jghAv2V.png
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 58 59