Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [ENDED] Suspended Disbelief - Discussion
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 58 59
So, Mystical was confirmed as town. That's very helpful--especially since this isn't a b*stard game and there is no likelihood of it being a lie--and interesting in how it was activated by cat gifs?

----

While I do currently squint at Tangle for somehow knowing there is a busdriver and their hinting towards some mysterious and questionable ability, I would not lynch them since they appear mostly town in my book.

As others have said, I'm leaning towards a @clw23 lynch since they do seem to be trying to stay under the radar and haven't been saying much in a majority of their posts. Although they did give an explanation for their lack of activity (explanation here), I dislike how little they are really contributing in their posts.

Before any of you have the chance to go, "but Fil hasn't really contributed in their posts and has only made seven posts total," I would like to say that Fil seems to actually be saying more in their seven posts in this game than clw has said in their 22 posts. Like I've said before, it's not how much you post; it's you use your words to say the most you can. Fil seems to be doing that, whereas clw is not. That is my stance on the matter.
So, Mystical was confirmed as town. That's very helpful--especially since this isn't a b*stard game and there is no likelihood of it being a lie--and interesting in how it was activated by cat gifs?

----

While I do currently squint at Tangle for somehow knowing there is a busdriver and their hinting towards some mysterious and questionable ability, I would not lynch them since they appear mostly town in my book.

As others have said, I'm leaning towards a @clw23 lynch since they do seem to be trying to stay under the radar and haven't been saying much in a majority of their posts. Although they did give an explanation for their lack of activity (explanation here), I dislike how little they are really contributing in their posts.

Before any of you have the chance to go, "but Fil hasn't really contributed in their posts and has only made seven posts total," I would like to say that Fil seems to actually be saying more in their seven posts in this game than clw has said in their 22 posts. Like I've said before, it's not how much you post; it's you use your words to say the most you can. Fil seems to be doing that, whereas clw is not. That is my stance on the matter.
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
I agree with @Maithax. Clw's not contributing the amount that she usually does, and her posts mostly seem... tired to me. [quote name="Rosetta248" date="2018-05-25 15:54:17" ] @/clw23 Alright, tell me why I should think you are town? [/quote] [quote name="clw23" date="2018-05-25 16:40:58" ] @/Rosetta248 I don't have a reason [/quote] The fact that she doesn't want to (can't?) prove that she's town doesn't sit well with me either. Unless she comes back on before I go to bed with a good defense, I'll probably be voting her.
I agree with @Maithax. Clw's not contributing the amount that she usually does, and her posts mostly seem... tired to me.
Rosetta248 wrote on 2018-05-25 15:54:17:
@/clw23
Alright, tell me why I should think you are town?
clw23 wrote on 2018-05-25 16:40:58:
@/Rosetta248
I don't have a reason
The fact that she doesn't want to (can't?) prove that she's town doesn't sit well with me either. Unless she comes back on before I go to bed with a good defense, I'll probably be voting her.
Yes, there are zeros in my username. Don't ping bookworm by mistake! Fr+3, she/her
[quote name="QiEclipse" date="2018-05-23 07:44:40" ] 1. I think I figured out what was bothering me about Tynnk's posts especially the earlier ones, it feels like they were posting for the sake of posting - they post a lot of text but with not a lot of content - it seems like they were trying to appear active rather than trying to be helpful [/quote] Ehhh well they did seem to be more trying to get an actual discussion going than anything else. [quote name="QiEclipse" date="2018-05-23 15:58:05" ] I just checked the time for EoD and realized that it is super inconvenient for me and theres no way I'll ever be on during it, I'll be alseep :( So ... if I am going to vote I need to do it in the next few hours I don't know what to do And clw23 seems to have been lurking, half their posts are just them saying they're reading the thread I'm going to sit on the rest of my thoughts until they make sense now but I have a weird feeling about Tynnk not sure what kind of feeling though [/quote] [quote name="QiEclipse" date="2018-05-24 08:30:08" ] @/clw23 is suss to me because not only are they lurking and have posted very little none of their posts are saying anything. Except when they try to defend Tynnk. Person, B00k, clw23, Speedster were the people who tried to defend Tynnk but a lot of people including Magykal, Tangle, Maithax and FunFilled all had doubts about it. [/quote] It really was all I could so at the moment. I don't really know everyone and so I really didn't want to analyse everyone's personal opinion since it doesn't really help. [quote name="QiEclipse" date="2018-05-24 16:02:17" ] Magykal and Tangle seem to be taking turns being the most vocal, most likely at least in part due to timezones, also neither seem too sure about the other but they don't really directly interact Although I'm not sure what this might indicate or if it is meaningful, does anyone have any thoughts? [/quote] [quote name="QiEclipse" date="2018-05-25 06:21:09" ] Since two people died that must mean there is a vig or a serial killer or actually a lot of things could have happened ... But we do know Booke didn't kill anyone, or do anything else [/quote] [quote name="QiEclipse" date="2018-05-26 05:55:01" ] Oh and Scribe is Town! And this reduces our chances of a mislynch so that's good, To ... well since we don't know how many mafia members their are I don't know our chances for mislynch, but it's less likely now And over on the lynch thread: Speedster is voting for No Lynch/placeholder Magykal is voting for Tangle (I will definitely be voting today, I will) [/quote] [quote name="QiEclipse" date="2018-05-26 05:43:59" ] This is something I meant to post last night but my internet went down: Fil seems to be getting very rollfishy toward Tangle, and doing nothing else Although I will admit to being curious about it myself (some kind of 3p?) I'm glad to see that our inactives (Clw and Fil) are making an effort to contibute But Yeah, we should be looking for lynch candidates People that I wouldn't mind voting for at the moment: Clw - their last post was better but they were trying to stay under the radar for so long, maybe inexperienced scum?, they also tried to defend Tynnk Fil - Were missing all of day 1, then didn't really post much of substance since they came back, and I just have a off feeling about them Tangle - Might be 3p, Might be Mafia, Might have killed Person, Somehow knows maf abilities?, Tried to reign in Tynnk but didn't defend them, Might have something happen when they die?, Might have a mysterious and suicidal role?, I'm not sure about them lets poke it with a stick and see what happens. [/quote] I really don't know how to scumhunt on just interaction and flips... Every game that I've actually made big contributation is in games with lots of lore flavor. I pretty much only look at the flavors and flips and then compare them to interaction in mafia games. I should really try and do that this game too, but I can't really take this game's lore seriously for some reason but I'll try.
QiEclipse wrote on 2018-05-23 07:44:40:
1. I think I figured out what was bothering me about Tynnk's posts especially the earlier ones, it feels like they were posting for the sake of posting - they post a lot of text but with not a lot of content - it seems like they were trying to appear active rather than trying to be helpful
Ehhh well they did seem to be more trying to get an actual discussion going than anything else.
QiEclipse wrote on 2018-05-23 15:58:05:
I just checked the time for EoD and realized that it is super inconvenient for me and theres no way I'll ever be on during it, I'll be alseep :(

So ... if I am going to vote I need to do it in the next few hours
I don't know what to do

And clw23 seems to have been lurking, half their posts are just them saying they're reading the thread
I'm going to sit on the rest of my thoughts until they make sense now but I have a weird feeling about Tynnk not sure what kind of feeling though
QiEclipse wrote on 2018-05-24 08:30:08:
@/clw23 is suss to me because not only are they lurking and have posted very little none of their posts are saying anything. Except when they try to defend Tynnk.

Person, B00k, clw23, Speedster were the people who tried to defend Tynnk but a lot of people including Magykal, Tangle, Maithax and FunFilled all had doubts about it.
It really was all I could so at the moment. I don't really know everyone and so I really didn't want to analyse everyone's personal opinion since it doesn't really help.
QiEclipse wrote on 2018-05-24 16:02:17:
Magykal and Tangle seem to be taking turns being the most vocal, most likely at least in part due to timezones, also neither seem too sure about the other but they don't really directly interact

Although I'm not sure what this might indicate or if it is meaningful, does anyone have any thoughts?
QiEclipse wrote on 2018-05-25 06:21:09:
Since two people died that must mean there is a vig or a serial killer or actually a lot of things could have happened ...

But we do know Booke didn't kill anyone, or do anything else
QiEclipse wrote on 2018-05-26 05:55:01:
Oh and Scribe is Town!
And this reduces our chances of a mislynch so that's good,
To ... well since we don't know how many mafia members their are I don't know our chances for mislynch, but it's less likely now

And over on the lynch thread:
Speedster is voting for No Lynch/placeholder
Magykal is voting for Tangle

(I will definitely be voting today, I will)
QiEclipse wrote on 2018-05-26 05:43:59:
This is something I meant to post last night but my internet went down:

Fil seems to be getting very rollfishy toward Tangle, and doing nothing else
Although I will admit to being curious about it myself (some kind of 3p?)

I'm glad to see that our inactives (Clw and Fil) are making an effort to contibute

But Yeah, we should be looking for lynch candidates
People that I wouldn't mind voting for at the moment:

Clw - their last post was better but they were trying to stay under the radar for so long, maybe inexperienced scum?, they also tried to defend Tynnk

Fil - Were missing all of day 1, then didn't really post much of substance since they came back, and I just have a off feeling about them

Tangle - Might be 3p, Might be Mafia, Might have killed Person, Somehow knows maf abilities?, Tried to reign in Tynnk but didn't defend them, Might have something happen when they die?, Might have a mysterious and suicidal role?, I'm not sure about them lets poke it with a stick and see what happens.
I really don't know how to scumhunt on just interaction and flips... Every game that I've actually made big contributation is in games with lots of lore flavor. I pretty much only look at the flavors and flips and then compare them to interaction in mafia games. I should really try and do that this game too, but I can't really take this game's lore seriously for some reason but I'll try.
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
[quote name="StormDreamer" date="2018-05-24 02:47:02" ] End of Day 1 "Alright, alright, that's enough for now!" With a small chuckle, he grabbed a net and brought it down on a neon green butterfly, trapping it effectively between the table surface and the net mesh. "Oh boy, this one's a fiesty one, isn't she?" Spark chuckled as she pointed to the now desperate butterfly, repeatedly ramming against the net in futile attempts to escape. Without another word, the flame colored cat brought a paw down onto the butterfly, turning it into a blast of rainbow coloured confetti. [b]You flap your wings frantically[/b], hoping that your fragile body won't be blown to smithereens from the blast. You squeeze your eyes shut when you think the blast is about to hit you, praying that you'll be alright. And... you're alright! When your eyes open again, you feel the sudden urge to slap yourself in the face to see if you're dreaming.[b] Your new form is equally weird. A shiny cone seems to be jutting out of your forehead, and... you have hooves???[/b] Your mouth drops open in suprise as you look around and realize that other people have been turned into unicorns. Excitement quickly overcame your suprise as you realize that you must have been turned into a unicorn as well. PPPPFFFFFFFF!! A unicorn farts, creating an expanding cloud of glitter. The unicorn obeys Newton's third law of motion, and is pushed upwards from the fart. A giggle bursts through you as you fart as well. The room is now filled with rainbow glitter clouds and farting unicorns. Tynnk was lynched. They were the mafia roleblocker. Night 1 has begun--you may continue posting. Night 1 ends on 0200 FRT, Friday 25 May. Remember to submit night actions before then via Quicktopic! [/quote] All I can get from this is that Tynnk is a unicorn/pegasus and this game probably has fantasy animal roles. [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2018-05-25 02:20:09" ] Start of Day 2 The farting continues throughout the night. The room is filled with excited squeals and farting sounds. Rainbow glitter fills the room. You cannot see anything but glitter. After a while though, you begin to tire, and slowly slump down on the floor. Spark notices this, and with a snap of his fingers, the ground turns into jelly, allowing you to lie comfortably on the floor. When the glitter begins to fall back to the ground, you look around and realize that two of you seem to be missing. You look at Spark, hoping to find reassurance in his eyes, but his amber eyes reveal that he was not prepared for this. "W-well,,, uuh. The show must go on, right?" He weakly smiles at the audience. He snaps his fingers again, hoping that everything would be alright. Knickknacks has died. They were the town neighborizer. Person has died. They were the town parity cop. Booke has not used their action last night! Action results will be sent to your QTs in a bit. Day 2 has begun! You may now continue to post. Day 2 ends at 0200 FRT, Sunday 27 May. [/quote] No role clues T-T
StormDreamer wrote on 2018-05-24 02:47:02:

End of Day 1

"Alright, alright, that's enough for now!"
With a small chuckle, he grabbed a net and brought it down on a neon green butterfly, trapping it effectively between the table surface and the net mesh.

"Oh boy, this one's a fiesty one, isn't she?" Spark chuckled as she pointed to the now desperate butterfly, repeatedly ramming against the net in futile attempts to escape. Without another word, the flame colored cat brought a paw down onto the butterfly, turning it into a blast of rainbow coloured confetti.

You flap your wings frantically, hoping that your fragile body won't be blown to smithereens from the blast. You squeeze your eyes shut when you think the blast is about to hit you, praying that you'll be alright. And... you're alright!

When your eyes open again, you feel the sudden urge to slap yourself in the face to see if you're dreaming. Your new form is equally weird. A shiny cone seems to be jutting out of your forehead, and... you have hooves???

Your mouth drops open in suprise as you look around and realize that other people have been turned into unicorns. Excitement quickly overcame your suprise as you realize that you must have been turned into a unicorn as well.

PPPPFFFFFFFF!!
A unicorn farts, creating an expanding cloud of glitter. The unicorn obeys Newton's third law of motion, and is pushed upwards from the fart.

A giggle bursts through you as you fart as well.
The room is now filled with rainbow glitter clouds and farting unicorns.

Tynnk was lynched. They were the mafia roleblocker.
Night 1 has begun--you may continue posting.
Night 1 ends on 0200 FRT, Friday 25 May. Remember to submit night actions before then via Quicktopic!
All I can get from this is that Tynnk is a unicorn/pegasus and this game probably has fantasy animal roles.
StormDreamer wrote on 2018-05-25 02:20:09:

Start of Day 2

The farting continues throughout the night. The room is filled with excited squeals and farting sounds. Rainbow glitter fills the room. You cannot see anything but glitter.

After a while though, you begin to tire, and slowly slump down on the floor. Spark notices this, and with a snap of his fingers, the ground turns into jelly, allowing you to lie comfortably on the floor.

When the glitter begins to fall back to the ground, you look around and realize that two of you seem to be missing. You look at Spark, hoping to find reassurance in his eyes, but his amber eyes reveal that he was not prepared for this.

"W-well,,, uuh. The show must go on, right?"
He weakly smiles at the audience.

He snaps his fingers again, hoping that everything would be alright.

Knickknacks has died. They were the town neighborizer.
Person has died. They were the town parity cop.
Booke has not used their action last night!
Action results will be sent to your QTs in a bit.
Day 2 has begun! You may now continue to post.
Day 2 ends at 0200 FRT, Sunday 27 May.
No role clues T-T
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
*sneaking online at work while feeding kittens, so this is gonna be slightly scatterbrained, most likely*

- @MagykalWagykal
I was under the assumption that vigs counted as 3rd party. Sorry for the mistake! Is been a while since I've played, so I've forgotten a lot.

-Praise the ModGod. Now we have a confirmed townie that is still alive!

-On the topic of townies, MagykalWagykal and Maithax are my strongest town reads at this point. QiEclipse and Rosetta428 also both seem to be pretty actively trying to participate. So townie vibes from them too.

-Hello, Fil! Glad to have you with us.

-Tangle has me....like, super curious with all the tidbits they have mentioned about their role. Are they town? Are they mafia trying to appear town using what may or may not be true information? Speedster said that they were redirected. Tangle is the one to bring up the Bus Driver. (Note to self: study role names before I play another Mafia game so I don't have to keep looking stuff up)

@clw23 I dont think the unicorn but was referring to Tynnk, I think the "you" was meant to be the reader/each of us. As in, the magician turned us all into farting unicorns.

More to come asap
*sneaking online at work while feeding kittens, so this is gonna be slightly scatterbrained, most likely*

- @MagykalWagykal
I was under the assumption that vigs counted as 3rd party. Sorry for the mistake! Is been a while since I've played, so I've forgotten a lot.

-Praise the ModGod. Now we have a confirmed townie that is still alive!

-On the topic of townies, MagykalWagykal and Maithax are my strongest town reads at this point. QiEclipse and Rosetta428 also both seem to be pretty actively trying to participate. So townie vibes from them too.

-Hello, Fil! Glad to have you with us.

-Tangle has me....like, super curious with all the tidbits they have mentioned about their role. Are they town? Are they mafia trying to appear town using what may or may not be true information? Speedster said that they were redirected. Tangle is the one to bring up the Bus Driver. (Note to self: study role names before I play another Mafia game so I don't have to keep looking stuff up)

@clw23 I dont think the unicorn but was referring to Tynnk, I think the "you" was meant to be the reader/each of us. As in, the magician turned us all into farting unicorns.

More to come asap
"What do you mean I'm not allowed to keep the wild gryphon as a pet?!"
@clw23 [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2018-05-22 01:51:27" ] 4. There will be no flavor hints, so there is no need to sift through my horrible writing for clues. Flavor is going to be really random and does not intentionally correspond to anything that actually happens. [/quote] I'm really confused why you pulled my posts then ... didn't say anything about them? Are you saying that I'm suss to you or trying to defend yourself or I don't know - just trying to look active/townie This is very unclear And I think I'm going to vote for you (I might change my mind if there's a new development) sorry if you're town, not if you're not
@clw23
StormDreamer wrote on 2018-05-22 01:51:27:

4. There will be no flavor hints, so there is no need to sift through my horrible writing for clues. Flavor is going to be really random and does not intentionally correspond to anything that actually happens.

I'm really confused why you pulled my posts then ... didn't say anything about them?
Are you saying that I'm suss to you or trying to defend yourself or I don't know - just trying to look active/townie
This is very unclear

And I think I'm going to vote for you (I might change my mind if there's a new development) sorry if you're town, not if you're not
T8fiuTq.png fUHWFTE.png
[quote name="QiEclipse" date="2018-05-26 12:46:21" ] @/clw23 [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2018-05-22 01:51:27" ] 4. There will be no flavor hints, so there is no need to sift through my horrible writing for clues. Flavor is going to be really random and does not intentionally correspond to anything that actually happens. [/quote] I'm really confused why you pulled my posts then ... didn't say anything about them? Are you saying that I'm suss to you or trying to defend yourself or I don't know - just trying to look active/townie This is very unclear And I think I'm going to vote for you (I might change my mind if there's a new development) sorry if you're town, not if you're not [/quote] Whooop then. I'm just looking through some people's posts to try to be semi-helpful haha.
QiEclipse wrote on 2018-05-26 12:46:21:
@/clw23
StormDreamer wrote on 2018-05-22 01:51:27:

4. There will be no flavor hints, so there is no need to sift through my horrible writing for clues. Flavor is going to be really random and does not intentionally correspond to anything that actually happens.

I'm really confused why you pulled my posts then ... didn't say anything about them?
Are you saying that I'm suss to you or trying to defend yourself or I don't know - just trying to look active/townie
This is very unclear

And I think I'm going to vote for you (I might change my mind if there's a new development) sorry if you're town, not if you're not
Whooop then. I'm just looking through some people's posts to try to be semi-helpful haha.
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
Lockdown.
No votes beyond this point will be accepted. Please do not post until the EoTD post goes up.
Lockdown.
No votes beyond this point will be accepted. Please do not post until the EoTD post goes up.
jghAv2V.png
Players:
@MagykalWagykal @Tanglefire @B00KW0RM @FunFilledWTFery @Maithax @Fil @Thatonespeedster @Clw23 @Booke @Tynnk @Person @QiEclipse @Knickknacks @MysticalScribe @Rosetta248
Subs:
@Chessboard @Embertheskywing @Combtaystic @Cognitive
Specs:
@Fortuna @LadySiren @Misc20 @Vrykolakas @Shimmerwing @BlueCoriander @EarthPhoenix
End of Day 2

The day was quieter than the last--maybe the audience was tired of being unicorns?
Of course! That must be it! The audience must have been tired of being farting unicorns! Although he loved unicorns, he knew that his audience's entertainment must be placed above his
Spark cursed under his breath for his stupidity.

Gotta step my game up.
And with that, a newfound determination enters him. A spark of information hits him not long after that.

He sweeps his gaze around the room before he makes his next announcement.
"Well, folks! It's time... for our next magic trick!"

He snaps his fingers again, and you all turn into yummy, tummy, lucky, funny gummy bears.

One of the gummy bears turn out to be a less lucky gummy bear though, and their color flickers unsteadily.

"M-Mister S-Spark? I... don't feel so good..."

Before Spark could react, the gummy bear starts to disintegrate. He scrambles over to the disintegrating gummy bear in alarm, but finds that there is nothing he can do for the gummy bear.

Spark looks around in distress and horror, and before you could ask him any more questions, he makes a bolt for the bathroom.

(I'm sorry)
Clw23 was lynched. They were the town jailer.
Night 2 has begun--you may continue posting.
Night 2 ends on 0200 FRT, Monday 28 May. Remember to submit night actions before then via Quicktopic!
Players:
@MagykalWagykal @Tanglefire @B00KW0RM @FunFilledWTFery @Maithax @Fil @Thatonespeedster @Clw23 @Booke @Tynnk @Person @QiEclipse @Knickknacks @MysticalScribe @Rosetta248
Subs:
@Chessboard @Embertheskywing @Combtaystic @Cognitive
Specs:
@Fortuna @LadySiren @Misc20 @Vrykolakas @Shimmerwing @BlueCoriander @EarthPhoenix
End of Day 2

The day was quieter than the last--maybe the audience was tired of being unicorns?
Of course! That must be it! The audience must have been tired of being farting unicorns! Although he loved unicorns, he knew that his audience's entertainment must be placed above his
Spark cursed under his breath for his stupidity.

Gotta step my game up.
And with that, a newfound determination enters him. A spark of information hits him not long after that.

He sweeps his gaze around the room before he makes his next announcement.
"Well, folks! It's time... for our next magic trick!"

He snaps his fingers again, and you all turn into yummy, tummy, lucky, funny gummy bears.

One of the gummy bears turn out to be a less lucky gummy bear though, and their color flickers unsteadily.

"M-Mister S-Spark? I... don't feel so good..."

Before Spark could react, the gummy bear starts to disintegrate. He scrambles over to the disintegrating gummy bear in alarm, but finds that there is nothing he can do for the gummy bear.

Spark looks around in distress and horror, and before you could ask him any more questions, he makes a bolt for the bathroom.

(I'm sorry)
Clw23 was lynched. They were the town jailer.
Night 2 has begun--you may continue posting.
Night 2 ends on 0200 FRT, Monday 28 May. Remember to submit night actions before then via Quicktopic!
jghAv2V.png
Ooh yikes, town jailer is dead. Am I the only townie left, or is there still hope?
Ooh yikes, town jailer is dead. Am I the only townie left, or is there still hope?
arcanesparkle.gifBasically Redoing my Clan's Lore- for the third time.arcanesparkle.gif
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 58 59