Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Historical Mafia 4 | Discussion (OVER)
1 2 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
@Mithent Okay, so I decided to start with where things first felt off for me, and that's with the vote coming down between you and ashes. [quote name="Mithent" date=2017-11-16 15:59:57] By their own words, I do think we need to be looking at people who are less, well, obvious targets, which is what I was trying to shake out. I've already laid out my initial objections around kinda pushing suss towards both morpho and NightRising but then backing off when it came to be time to vote. (It's not as much just the posts themselves as the way the opinions changed, as I mentioned.) Although this was only a bit of a worry when I first looked, I was also pretty surprised that following my somewhat negative read, they immediately turned on me, and started sussing me for asking what I thought was a pretty reasonable question of Renato. (While I realise this is open to accusations of OMGUS, I kinda feel more that they jumped at me and voted in response to my suss, and I'm not going to let that stop me putting my vote where I feel strongest right now.) [/quote] [quote name="Mithent" date=2017-11-17 13:58:00] Damn, ashestoashes was town. I did have doubts I had there, particularly due to how they weirdly leaped on me as soon as I subbed in and the points that g0dsend brought up, so I'm sorry I was wrong about that. However, we have actually taken out maf at last! That looks like it clears up any remaining confusion about @/Shimmerwing for me, and indeed, looking back at Leremis' posts, she was heavily pushing for a Shimmer lynch all game, so she's all but conftown to me. Even if that was distancing/bussing, killing a teammate like that just wouldn't make sense to me. Otherwise, a lot of Leremis' other interactions amongst those living are with Tynnk, it seems? That would also fit with my town lean there (again, assuming not distancing). -snip- [/quote] Between those two posts, the first where you explain why you voted for ashes and the second after ashes has been lynched, it feels like a bit of flip-flop in opinion. In the first you seem to be saying one of the reasons you voted ashes was because of how quickly they jumped on you, but in the next post you say that you had your doubts based on them jumping on you so quickly. [quote name="Mithent" date=2017-11-18 16:33:15] FloatingInSpace is... a vote I can get behind, I think. I didn't particularly like the slot before - SilverWinter subbed after just making an intro post, which isn't really a good feel (not liking the role?), CinnabarCobra didn't really contribute much, and as has previously been mentioned, Space mostly seems to have it in for Shimmer, who is one of the most conftown people to me at this point. I'm definitely more comfortable there than with any of the other wagons, and really we don't want to be splitting the vote too much in case there's more vote-meddling coming. So I'm going to vote there too. [/quote] Was FloatingInSpace mostly a sheeping vote? Just because in your previous post you said you had no strong scum reads to advocate for, and then you get behind the FiS vote. And then I guess I am curious why you went with a no vote after Sleeping With the Fishes claimed? You didn't want to lynch the claimed doctor, I understand, but no one else stood out as scummy to you?
@Mithent Okay, so I decided to start with where things first felt off for me, and that's with the vote coming down between you and ashes.
Mithent wrote on 2017-11-16:

By their own words, I do think we need to be looking at people who are less, well, obvious targets, which is what I was trying to shake out. I've already laid out my initial objections around kinda pushing suss towards both morpho and NightRising but then backing off when it came to be time to vote. (It's not as much just the posts themselves as the way the opinions changed, as I mentioned.) Although this was only a bit of a worry when I first looked, I was also pretty surprised that following my somewhat negative read, they immediately turned on me, and started sussing me for asking what I thought was a pretty reasonable question of Renato. (While I realise this is open to accusations of OMGUS, I kinda feel more that they jumped at me and voted in response to my suss, and I'm not going to let that stop me putting my vote where I feel strongest right now.)
Mithent wrote on 2017-11-17:
Damn, ashestoashes was town. I did have doubts I had there, particularly due to how they weirdly leaped on me as soon as I subbed in and the points that g0dsend brought up, so I'm sorry I was wrong about that. However, we have actually taken out maf at last! That looks like it clears up any remaining confusion about @/Shimmerwing for me, and indeed, looking back at Leremis' posts, she was heavily pushing for a Shimmer lynch all game, so she's all but conftown to me. Even if that was distancing/bussing, killing a teammate like that just wouldn't make sense to me. Otherwise, a lot of Leremis' other interactions amongst those living are with Tynnk, it seems? That would also fit with my town lean there (again, assuming not distancing).

-snip-

Between those two posts, the first where you explain why you voted for ashes and the second after ashes has been lynched, it feels like a bit of flip-flop in opinion. In the first you seem to be saying one of the reasons you voted ashes was because of how quickly they jumped on you, but in the next post you say that you had your doubts based on them jumping on you so quickly.
Mithent wrote on 2017-11-18:
FloatingInSpace is... a vote I can get behind, I think. I didn't particularly like the slot before - SilverWinter subbed after just making an intro post, which isn't really a good feel (not liking the role?), CinnabarCobra didn't really contribute much, and as has previously been mentioned, Space mostly seems to have it in for Shimmer, who is one of the most conftown people to me at this point. I'm definitely more comfortable there than with any of the other wagons, and really we don't want to be splitting the vote too much in case there's more vote-meddling coming. So I'm going to vote there too.

Was FloatingInSpace mostly a sheeping vote? Just because in your previous post you said you had no strong scum reads to advocate for, and then you get behind the FiS vote.

And then I guess I am curious why you went with a no vote after Sleeping With the Fishes claimed? You didn't want to lynch the claimed doctor, I understand, but no one else stood out as scummy to you?
vV5jbm.png
@dandelionfires Going along with what you said, do you have any other lynch candidates in mind?
@dandelionfires Going along with what you said, do you have any other lynch candidates in mind?
vV5jbm.png
I'm also concerned by the lack of town activity. I don't even mean the lack of posts, I get that people aren't online and there are fewer of us. I mean the lack of trying to hunt out scum. If you're town, please don't just sit back and let other people tell you who looks scummy and who doesn't. That makes it very easy for scum to control the vote. Scum are not going to out themselves, if you're town you have to do the work of hunting them out yourself.

Anyway, mini rant over. I'd like to hear more opinions from more people please.
I'm also concerned by the lack of town activity. I don't even mean the lack of posts, I get that people aren't online and there are fewer of us. I mean the lack of trying to hunt out scum. If you're town, please don't just sit back and let other people tell you who looks scummy and who doesn't. That makes it very easy for scum to control the vote. Scum are not going to out themselves, if you're town you have to do the work of hunting them out yourself.

Anyway, mini rant over. I'd like to hear more opinions from more people please.
XAwbs1b.pngcxbFZBI.pngc4w7tx2.png
@Cognitive Oops ninja'd haha. Yes that will be my next post, working on a reads list.
@Cognitive Oops ninja'd haha. Yes that will be my next post, working on a reads list.
XAwbs1b.pngcxbFZBI.pngc4w7tx2.png
I think we should listen to tynnk and vote mithent...
I think we should listen to tynnk and vote mithent...
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
@dandelionfires No worries! On my end my read list hasn't changed too much since I last posted one. I had read back on Kali and am feeling more town on them. TheNightDancer... I don't know. Maybe 3p? They voted for Sleeping With the Fishes, which helped seal the lynch, and I don't think it was bussing since they could have easily went with clw23.
@dandelionfires No worries! On my end my read list hasn't changed too much since I last posted one. I had read back on Kali and am feeling more town on them. TheNightDancer... I don't know. Maybe 3p? They voted for Sleeping With the Fishes, which helped seal the lynch, and I don't think it was bussing since they could have easily went with clw23.
vV5jbm.png
I have been gone literally all day. Sorry guys!
Give me a bit to write up some things.
I have been gone literally all day. Sorry guys!
Give me a bit to write up some things.
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
Announcement

A serious breach of game integrity has occurred and this game has to be called.

This was brought to my attention a day or two ago, and the people and I are still in contact and working through this, and unfortunately I cannot say more at this time. However, please know that steps are being taken and I hope to resolve this soon.

I hate to call a game, but when breaches that are this big happen, it means that the game CANNOT continue. The game ends in a draw.

This series was born of a love for history, and it perpetuated because of that love and how popular it was, every single time it ran. I am so glad to have had this experience with you all, and I'm sorry the series had to end this way.

Historical Mafia 4 was meant to be the finale in the series, and the finale it will be. I will not be hosting another one, but if anyone else wants to host one in this vein, I would love to see it. The only thing I request is that you do not copy the flavor, and instead come up with something new and exciting. Kirke Finn, Dr. Chao, and Druddigon were all characters that were personas of myself, Chaoticreactions, and Druddigon8 and I would like to keep it that way.

These games could not have happened without some serious help. I cannot thank Drud, Chao, Aeronaught, Stanari, and Luxmold enough for their help in this game and in all the others.

Thank you all for your interest, whether you've played in one game or them all.

All Rolecards
HM4 Mod Tracksheet

Mafia Chat
Spectator Chat
Neighborhood Chat

Players: @Cognitive, @clw23, @Shimmerwing, @dandelionfires, @TheNightDancer, @Tynnk, @RenatoUlbov, @LordMeikai, @Kalideoscope, @Mithent, @g0dsend
Substitutes: @Shadowlugia711, @Combtaystic, @Goofy, @Journey
Spectators: @kirkfan2255, @raiccoon, @MagykalWagykal, @Beheaded, @Moonwater, @SilverWinter, @Firo, @Varikset, @Limelight, @Dawnbreeze, @Arelia, @Stormdreamer, @AureaImperatrix, @Heronwing, @Tanglefire, @morphogenetic, @darzoner, @NightRising, @Leremis, @NekoNikki, @ashestoashes, @DuskyAether, @FloatingInSpace, @abyssum, @SmashedFish, @polygone, @Tsaiah, @CinnabarCobra
Announcement

A serious breach of game integrity has occurred and this game has to be called.

This was brought to my attention a day or two ago, and the people and I are still in contact and working through this, and unfortunately I cannot say more at this time. However, please know that steps are being taken and I hope to resolve this soon.

I hate to call a game, but when breaches that are this big happen, it means that the game CANNOT continue. The game ends in a draw.

This series was born of a love for history, and it perpetuated because of that love and how popular it was, every single time it ran. I am so glad to have had this experience with you all, and I'm sorry the series had to end this way.

Historical Mafia 4 was meant to be the finale in the series, and the finale it will be. I will not be hosting another one, but if anyone else wants to host one in this vein, I would love to see it. The only thing I request is that you do not copy the flavor, and instead come up with something new and exciting. Kirke Finn, Dr. Chao, and Druddigon were all characters that were personas of myself, Chaoticreactions, and Druddigon8 and I would like to keep it that way.

These games could not have happened without some serious help. I cannot thank Drud, Chao, Aeronaught, Stanari, and Luxmold enough for their help in this game and in all the others.

Thank you all for your interest, whether you've played in one game or them all.

All Rolecards
HM4 Mod Tracksheet

Mafia Chat
Spectator Chat
Neighborhood Chat

Players: @Cognitive, @clw23, @Shimmerwing, @dandelionfires, @TheNightDancer, @Tynnk, @RenatoUlbov, @LordMeikai, @Kalideoscope, @Mithent, @g0dsend
Substitutes: @Shadowlugia711, @Combtaystic, @Goofy, @Journey
Spectators: @kirkfan2255, @raiccoon, @MagykalWagykal, @Beheaded, @Moonwater, @SilverWinter, @Firo, @Varikset, @Limelight, @Dawnbreeze, @Arelia, @Stormdreamer, @AureaImperatrix, @Heronwing, @Tanglefire, @morphogenetic, @darzoner, @NightRising, @Leremis, @NekoNikki, @ashestoashes, @DuskyAether, @FloatingInSpace, @abyssum, @SmashedFish, @polygone, @Tsaiah, @CinnabarCobra
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
All players, substitutes, spectators, and general community members are welcome to post.
All players, substitutes, spectators, and general community members are welcome to post.
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
whaaa
whaaa
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
1 2 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217