Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Urban Legends CYOA
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 52 53
@LibreNoctre I've added you. :)
@LibreNoctre I've added you. :)
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
Hi @Lundlaeva I would love to join this if it's still possible?
Hi @Lundlaeva I would love to join this if it's still possible?
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
@Pennifeather Yep, definitely - the adventure hasn't started yet, I'll ping you when we begin ... :)
@Pennifeather Yep, definitely - the adventure hasn't started yet, I'll ping you when we begin ... :)
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
4 minutes to go... :D
4 minutes to go... :D
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
Welcome to the Starfall Celebration Choose Your Own Adventure: [b]Urban Legends[/b]! Your adventure in the Arcane realm begins here … @FloatingInSpace @Saraceaser @Leucoss @shizuyue @WanillaWaffle @SonyaAxel @MasterOfTheAster @EvilSplitPersona @SkullLotus @Katsuokai @Disillusionist @ClockworkEclipse @Cheshly @IgnisFlamel @JinxMoonstone @Sylphiette @Restless @clm @Starsoul @tigressRising @Stanzascale @Spectra125 @heartcrusher1 @Elsu @brokenstone @sQld @Morare @Meredith44 @Amorah @SkyyeofEmber @morikar @queenmedusozoa @SocklessWonder @riseandshine @Watercolour @gerivl @dividedAnimus @MarinaQuakenbush @smeen @YaBoiGuzma @Stormdreamer @Falconair @LucidWhispers @Hexacoatl @rubyredtan @Hkomygf @jbapple @Osyra @goatling94 @Sidegrinder @Espoir @ExistentialAlex @Kristan @MiniDrachin @Juri01 @dawnsong @Draconequis @Drakenhart @dandelionfires @KittyHawk98 @SeaGodling @PuffyRuffy @RemanLT @LibreNoctre @Pennifeather @catgame21234 @bowserslave @Hidd3nstare @luminousnoble @Jeydis @Fallenarrow @StarCookies @QueenLunaRose @acorn781 @misfitmiskatonic [br][center][img]https://s20.postimg.org/dtqg4yfkd/urban_legends_divider.png[/img][/center] You were warned by your clanmates that the Arcane Flight’s strange forest region is full of both wonders and dangers … but nothing they said quite prepared you for walking the narrow tracks yourself, alone. The trees that stretch out on all sides seem to reach impossibly high. You pass by glades overflowing with pale lilies, their heads nodding in the direction of the Observatory, and you notice little charred hollows surrounded by singed Starfall Blossoms. Between the trees you sometimes see movement: a Sakura Owl ruffling its feathers on a branch high above; a herd of Wispwillow Perytons that watch you pass from a wary distance; a Psywurm, darting across the path ahead before plunging back into the undergrowth. It’s confusing and overwhelming, and it doesn’t help that the path you have chosen to follow – the path you [i]think[/i] your scribbled map indicates – takes such a twisting route that you quickly lose all sense of direction. When the light starts to fade, you only become more disoriented … Arcanist’s carpals! You have to admit, though, the Starwood Strand at dusk is beautiful. The trees’ night-time blossoms start to open and the lower boughs quickly fill with twinkling, bioluminescent flowers, lighting the path as you travel onwards. It’s suddenly easy to see how the Starwood got its name … and its reputation of killing geniuses. You decide it’s better not to dwell on that train of thought. Instead, you think about what will happen when you guaranteedly, definitely get to where you’re going. The festival location is marked on your hastily scrawled, very not accurate map - which you received from a local upon asking for directions towards the festival grounds. It’s not quite at the center of the Starwood Strand, rather it’s where the woods thin as they approach the broken islands of the Focal Point. You suppose you could have taken a ship around the Crystalspine Reaches, but the local you spoke to - a runed nocturne clad in purple - assured you that as long as you stayed on the path, you’d be fine, and promised it was faster for those travelling alone. He seemed to know what he was talking about, though… he [i]was[/i] a shadow dragon … Oh, dear. As you turn a corner around a dense thicket of birch, a pulsating glow off to the right of the path catches your eye. You stop and peer between the trees. It looks strange – strange even for the Starfall Isles. Unlike the night-blossoms, which shine with a gentle, star-like glimmer, this glow is a deep shade of thrumming pink, intense enough to cast the nearby tree trunks into vivid light and shadow. You can’t see what’s causing the glow from here, despite its brightness. However, you [i]can[/i] see a Hibernal Starbear snuffling between the trees. That must be what it is - when it turns, you see its strange head covering and wood necklace, runes flickering between its fluffy, dusty rose fur. It’s not following any dragon-made path, in fact, it doesn’t seem to be following any path at all … but it’s on its way somewhere, lumbering into the woods with an admittedly adorable, muffled sound. [br][center][b]What do you do next?[/b][/center] [list] [*]Investigate the Glow [indent][i]I just can’t resist a mysterious pink light![/i][/indent] [*]Follow the Starbear [indent][i]It looks like it knows what it’s doing.[/i][/indent] [*]Ignore it and carry on [indent][i]It’s probably fine, this is Arcane Flight and I have work to do![/i][/indent] [/list] [br][center][size=5][b][url=https://goo.gl/forms/DifQQiD8SLpFA8ZI2]Make Your Choice[/url][/b][/size][/center]
Welcome to the Starfall Celebration Choose Your Own Adventure: Urban Legends! Your adventure in the Arcane realm begins here …

@FloatingInSpace @Saraceaser @Leucoss @shizuyue @WanillaWaffle @SonyaAxel @MasterOfTheAster @EvilSplitPersona @SkullLotus @Katsuokai @Disillusionist @ClockworkEclipse @Cheshly @IgnisFlamel @JinxMoonstone @Sylphiette @Restless @clm @Starsoul @tigressRising @Stanzascale @Spectra125 @heartcrusher1 @Elsu @brokenstone @sQld @Morare @Meredith44 @Amorah @SkyyeofEmber @morikar @queenmedusozoa @SocklessWonder @riseandshine @Watercolour @gerivl @dividedAnimus @MarinaQuakenbush @smeen @YaBoiGuzma @Stormdreamer @Falconair @LucidWhispers @Hexacoatl @rubyredtan @Hkomygf @jbapple @Osyra @goatling94 @Sidegrinder @Espoir @ExistentialAlex @Kristan @MiniDrachin @Juri01 @dawnsong @Draconequis @Drakenhart @dandelionfires @KittyHawk98 @SeaGodling @PuffyRuffy @RemanLT @LibreNoctre @Pennifeather @catgame21234 @bowserslave @Hidd3nstare @luminousnoble @Jeydis @Fallenarrow @StarCookies @QueenLunaRose @acorn781 @misfitmiskatonic

urban_legends_divider.png

You were warned by your clanmates that the Arcane Flight’s strange forest region is full of both wonders and dangers … but nothing they said quite prepared you for walking the narrow tracks yourself, alone.

The trees that stretch out on all sides seem to reach impossibly high. You pass by glades overflowing with pale lilies, their heads nodding in the direction of the Observatory, and you notice little charred hollows surrounded by singed Starfall Blossoms. Between the trees you sometimes see movement: a Sakura Owl ruffling its feathers on a branch high above; a herd of Wispwillow Perytons that watch you pass from a wary distance; a Psywurm, darting across the path ahead before plunging back into the undergrowth. It’s confusing and overwhelming, and it doesn’t help that the path you have chosen to follow – the path you think your scribbled map indicates – takes such a twisting route that you quickly lose all sense of direction.

When the light starts to fade, you only become more disoriented … Arcanist’s carpals!

You have to admit, though, the Starwood Strand at dusk is beautiful. The trees’ night-time blossoms start to open and the lower boughs quickly fill with twinkling, bioluminescent flowers, lighting the path as you travel onwards. It’s suddenly easy to see how the Starwood got its name … and its reputation of killing geniuses. You decide it’s better not to dwell on that train of thought.

Instead, you think about what will happen when you guaranteedly, definitely get to where you’re going. The festival location is marked on your hastily scrawled, very not accurate map - which you received from a local upon asking for directions towards the festival grounds. It’s not quite at the center of the Starwood Strand, rather it’s where the woods thin as they approach the broken islands of the Focal Point. You suppose you could have taken a ship around the Crystalspine Reaches, but the local you spoke to - a runed nocturne clad in purple - assured you that as long as you stayed on the path, you’d be fine, and promised it was faster for those travelling alone. He seemed to know what he was talking about, though… he was a shadow dragon … Oh, dear.

As you turn a corner around a dense thicket of birch, a pulsating glow off to the right of the path catches your eye. You stop and peer between the trees. It looks strange – strange even for the Starfall Isles. Unlike the night-blossoms, which shine with a gentle, star-like glimmer, this glow is a deep shade of thrumming pink, intense enough to cast the nearby tree trunks into vivid light and shadow. You can’t see what’s causing the glow from here, despite its brightness.

However, you can see a Hibernal Starbear snuffling between the trees. That must be what it is - when it turns, you see its strange head covering and wood necklace, runes flickering between its fluffy, dusty rose fur. It’s not following any dragon-made path, in fact, it doesn’t seem to be following any path at all … but it’s on its way somewhere, lumbering into the woods with an admittedly adorable, muffled sound.

What do you do next?
  • Investigate the Glow
    I just can’t resist a mysterious pink light!
  • Follow the Starbear
    It looks like it knows what it’s doing.
  • Ignore it and carry on
    It’s probably fine, this is Arcane Flight and I have work to do!

Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@lundlaeva
WAIT! .... I forgot what Dragon I chose for the Pre-Sign Ups, sorry. ^^;; Do you happen to have the list somewhere?
@lundlaeva
WAIT! .... I forgot what Dragon I chose for the Pre-Sign Ups, sorry. ^^;; Do you happen to have the list somewhere?
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
@Saraceaser Yes, I do! You signed up with this handsome guy: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28107668] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/281077/28107668_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Saraceaser Yes, I do! You signed up with this handsome guy:

28107668_350.png
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Lundlaeva

I'm pretty sure I signed up with Moondust, but I want to make sure ^-^ll
@Lundlaeva

I'm pretty sure I signed up with Moondust, but I want to make sure ^-^ll
uj5w35F.pngSvg7y.gifeZKAdNB.png
@/brokenstone Yes, you did. :)

In case anyone else is unsure of what dragon they signed up with in the pre-signups: I've temporarily put a list here for your reference! :)
@/brokenstone Yes, you did. :)

In case anyone else is unsure of what dragon they signed up with in the pre-signups: I've temporarily put a list here for your reference! :)
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8396409][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/83965/8396409_350.png[/img][/url] Sirius eyed the Starbear as it made its way wherever it was going. It was [i]very[/i] cute, but she doubted it would make a good guide. Well-versed in the lore of the Eleven, she knew that the bears were known as simply the guardians of their lands. They weren't, for example, eyes of their deities like her Obscuring Goblin was. She doubted the bear had any more intelligence than a common member of the ursidae family. "I don't suppose you can tell me where we should go?" she turned to her goblin familiar. The creature simply blinked its large eyes at her. It never was much for talking. She wasn't sure if it actually could. "Right. Shadow, not Arcane," Sirius stuck her head back in the map. She poured over it a few moments longer before giving a frustrated groan. "Uhhhhgg fine. You know what? Let's go check out that shiny thing. This map is getting me nowhere and at least the mysterious glowy thing will give me a story to tell Pompeii when I arrive." Sirius fluttered over to the source of the strange pulsing light. Her goblin eyed her as it followed.
8396409_350.png
Sirius eyed the Starbear as it made its way wherever it was going. It was very cute, but she doubted it would make a good guide. Well-versed in the lore of the Eleven, she knew that the bears were known as simply the guardians of their lands. They weren't, for example, eyes of their deities like her Obscuring Goblin was. She doubted the bear had any more intelligence than a common member of the ursidae family.

"I don't suppose you can tell me where we should go?" she turned to her goblin familiar. The creature simply blinked its large eyes at her. It never was much for talking. She wasn't sure if it actually could.

"Right. Shadow, not Arcane," Sirius stuck her head back in the map. She poured over it a few moments longer before giving a frustrated groan. "Uhhhhgg fine. You know what? Let's go check out that shiny thing. This map is getting me nowhere and at least the mysterious glowy thing will give me a story to tell Pompeii when I arrive." Sirius fluttered over to the source of the strange pulsing light. Her goblin eyed her as it followed.
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 52 53