TOPIC | [TCC] Dulce de Aventura ~ CYOA
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 50 51
@Firra

I'm very lost as to what to do……
@Firra

I'm very lost as to what to do……
dNCLmdm.png
@Kapara
The issue is that you have missed quite a few days of the CYOA, the more days you miss, the harder it will be to catch up.

If you can do it now, I'll try to catch you up asap.

First – we need you to read the introduction:
Quote:
You follow the sign to the tour location. It leads you right up and over the cliff, and you have to fly down to reach it. The entrance is halfway down the side of cliff, marked by a huge banner reading: ‘Rocky Roads Tours’.
You enter the cave and there are multiple other dragons milling about in the large space. There is a sign saying ‘Wait Here’, preventing others from going deeper into the cavern. You turn back to look the way you came in, and see the vast expanse of ocean stretching out to the horizon.
It’s mercifully cool in the cavern. You head deeper in, lightly kicking the sand that coats the floor. You settle down to wait for the tour to start.
Right on time, two dragons emerge from deeper in the cave.
“HELLO, MUFFINS! ARE YOU READY TO WORK OFF ALL THAT DELICIOUS, DELICIOUS ICE CREAM YOU’VER BEEN EATING??? I KNOW I AM!! AHAHA!!” One of the dragons is a Ridgeback. He’s very… enthusiastic. “The name is Conrad! I’ll be one of your tour guides today!”
“And my name is Valena,” a snapper comes forward. She’s a lot quieter but just as intense. “This tour has been made especially for Thundercrack Carnival. The cavern network is out of the way and a bit... well, abandoned. Conrad and I have been exploring it quite a bit, and there are a lot of interesting geological formations as well as very beautiful sights.”
“THIS TOUR REQUIRES YOU TO WALK FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME! If you don’t think you can do that, then this may not be the event for you. If you only think that you don’t think that you can do that, then come along anyway! I’ll carry you if you get tired! Also, Dulce de Aventura requires all participants to sign a waiver. Caving is a dangerous EXTERME SPORT after all; but, we’re not expecting any trouble.”
You listen as the tour guides walk you through details and get waivers to the few who didn’t sign. While waiting, something catches your eye. It looks like there is something hidden by the cave entrance.

Do you:
A. Check it out. It could be something good!
B. Leave it. It’s none of your business.

Let me know if you choose option A or option B!
@Kapara
The issue is that you have missed quite a few days of the CYOA, the more days you miss, the harder it will be to catch up.

If you can do it now, I'll try to catch you up asap.

First – we need you to read the introduction:
Quote:
You follow the sign to the tour location. It leads you right up and over the cliff, and you have to fly down to reach it. The entrance is halfway down the side of cliff, marked by a huge banner reading: ‘Rocky Roads Tours’.
You enter the cave and there are multiple other dragons milling about in the large space. There is a sign saying ‘Wait Here’, preventing others from going deeper into the cavern. You turn back to look the way you came in, and see the vast expanse of ocean stretching out to the horizon.
It’s mercifully cool in the cavern. You head deeper in, lightly kicking the sand that coats the floor. You settle down to wait for the tour to start.
Right on time, two dragons emerge from deeper in the cave.
“HELLO, MUFFINS! ARE YOU READY TO WORK OFF ALL THAT DELICIOUS, DELICIOUS ICE CREAM YOU’VER BEEN EATING??? I KNOW I AM!! AHAHA!!” One of the dragons is a Ridgeback. He’s very… enthusiastic. “The name is Conrad! I’ll be one of your tour guides today!”
“And my name is Valena,” a snapper comes forward. She’s a lot quieter but just as intense. “This tour has been made especially for Thundercrack Carnival. The cavern network is out of the way and a bit... well, abandoned. Conrad and I have been exploring it quite a bit, and there are a lot of interesting geological formations as well as very beautiful sights.”
“THIS TOUR REQUIRES YOU TO WALK FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME! If you don’t think you can do that, then this may not be the event for you. If you only think that you don’t think that you can do that, then come along anyway! I’ll carry you if you get tired! Also, Dulce de Aventura requires all participants to sign a waiver. Caving is a dangerous EXTERME SPORT after all; but, we’re not expecting any trouble.”
You listen as the tour guides walk you through details and get waivers to the few who didn’t sign. While waiting, something catches your eye. It looks like there is something hidden by the cave entrance.

Do you:
A. Check it out. It could be something good!
B. Leave it. It’s none of your business.

Let me know if you choose option A or option B!
1_by_cas_a_fras-db7n33h.gif2_by_cas_a_fras-db7n33d.gif
3_by_cas_a_fras-db7n337.gif4_by_cas_a_fras-db7n331.gif
@Tyeth

Hmmm, A. I'm a curious bean.

Should I just post in the thread or
@Tyeth

Hmmm, A. I'm a curious bean.

Should I just post in the thread or
dNCLmdm.png
@Kapara
Just post in the thread for now, as we're just trying to get you up to date. Once you are up to date, you can use the forms.

Here is the next section:
Quote:
You don’t bother. Because you were paying attention to the guides, you’re one of the first people in line and one of the first to see the amazing sight as you walk deeper into the cave.
"Welcome to what we like to call the room of stars," Valena says, her voice carrying through the large domed room you find yourself in. It is easy to see why it was named that way because the ceiling is glowing with pinpicks of soft blue light.

"The lights come from bioluminescent bacteria on the cave walls and ceiling. You can't tell from here, but the ceiling is wet, which is what allows them to grow. The water seeps down from the surface carrying enough nutrients for them to survive. Follow me and we'll take a better look."

There are stalagmites and stalactites throughout the cave, and the tour group wends between them. Valena is in the front, while Conrad watches the rear. You hear him trying to quietly chastise someone lagging behind, but he's more than loud enough that everyone can hear him. "Don't dally, cupcake! This next bit is really spectacular. You'll definitely want to be towards the front for it."

The ceiling is a dazzling array blue on black. You can't help but crane your neck backward to stare at it as you walk forward. There are striations in the bright patches where the bacteria grow more densely. You're so immersed that you barely avoid crashing into the dragon in front of you.

"Gather round, everyone. The bacteria are unique because they don't only grow on the surface of the rock but inside it as well. Let me show you."

You can't see very well at all! Do you:

A. Move closer to Valena. This sounds really interesting!
B. Don't bother. There's too much of a crowd. I'd rather examine all the stalactites on my own
@Kapara
Just post in the thread for now, as we're just trying to get you up to date. Once you are up to date, you can use the forms.

Here is the next section:
Quote:
You don’t bother. Because you were paying attention to the guides, you’re one of the first people in line and one of the first to see the amazing sight as you walk deeper into the cave.
"Welcome to what we like to call the room of stars," Valena says, her voice carrying through the large domed room you find yourself in. It is easy to see why it was named that way because the ceiling is glowing with pinpicks of soft blue light.

"The lights come from bioluminescent bacteria on the cave walls and ceiling. You can't tell from here, but the ceiling is wet, which is what allows them to grow. The water seeps down from the surface carrying enough nutrients for them to survive. Follow me and we'll take a better look."

There are stalagmites and stalactites throughout the cave, and the tour group wends between them. Valena is in the front, while Conrad watches the rear. You hear him trying to quietly chastise someone lagging behind, but he's more than loud enough that everyone can hear him. "Don't dally, cupcake! This next bit is really spectacular. You'll definitely want to be towards the front for it."

The ceiling is a dazzling array blue on black. You can't help but crane your neck backward to stare at it as you walk forward. There are striations in the bright patches where the bacteria grow more densely. You're so immersed that you barely avoid crashing into the dragon in front of you.

"Gather round, everyone. The bacteria are unique because they don't only grow on the surface of the rock but inside it as well. Let me show you."

You can't see very well at all! Do you:

A. Move closer to Valena. This sounds really interesting!
B. Don't bother. There's too much of a crowd. I'd rather examine all the stalactites on my own
@Tyeth

Option B
@Tyeth

Option B
dNCLmdm.png
@Kapara
Great – now you're just about caught up. I just need you to go over to this post, and just follow what is said there (you can now use the forms)
@Kapara
Great – now you're just about caught up. I just need you to go over to this post, and just follow what is said there (you can now use the forms)
@Tyeth

Thanks for taking the time to walk me through this
@Tyeth

Thanks for taking the time to walk me through this
dNCLmdm.png
[quote=Pinglist] @queenmedusozoa @Terato @Hexacoatl @Talicinx @Kapara @Rave31 [/quote] [b][center][color=darkred]Health -2![/color][/center][/b] Although your time with Conrad was short, you decide that he wasn't trustworthy enough. You'll surely get out of this... sticky situation faster without him than with him. Ignoring his calls, you find an opening to the left and take it. You walk down this passageway when suddenly the road divided itself into three different passageways. You take the one on the left, for it seems to be brighter than the other two. A few minutes later, the road splits, again. Once more, you pick the one on the left. You repeat this over and over again till you have to face the truth: you were lost. The caves here are less like tunnels instead they are like a tangled ball of yarn, with passages and rooms weaving into and across each other in a dizzying, three-dimensional maze. It sort of reminds you of those delicious funnel cakes back at the party. In this crazy place, you just keep walking forward, hoping that you'd find the exit eventually. Soon, however, you are forced to stop. The road ahead is blocked by fallen rocks. You decide to: [b]1) Backtrack. I'm not touching those rocks. 2) Try to move the rocks. It's worth a shot.[/b] [url=https://goo.gl/forms/Numlf5bt8XUeLoOo1]Click here to choose![/url]

Health -2!

Although your time with Conrad was short, you decide that he wasn't trustworthy enough. You'll surely get out of this... sticky situation faster without him than with him.

Ignoring his calls, you find an opening to the left and take it. You walk down this passageway when suddenly the road divided itself into three different passageways. You take the one on the left, for it seems to be brighter than the other two. A few minutes later, the road splits, again. Once more, you pick the one on the left. You repeat this over and over again till you have to face the truth: you were lost.

The caves here are less like tunnels instead they are like a tangled ball of yarn, with passages and rooms weaving into and across each other in a dizzying, three-dimensional maze. It sort of reminds you of those delicious funnel cakes back at the party.

In this crazy place, you just keep walking forward, hoping that you'd find the exit eventually. Soon, however, you are forced to stop. The road ahead is blocked by fallen rocks.
You decide to:

1) Backtrack. I'm not touching those rocks.
2) Try to move the rocks. It's worth a shot.

Click here to choose!
60787410.png 57806280.png
[quote=Pinglist] @Syceris @Stormdreamer @Sylphiette @Hinumi @dividedAnimus @KathiraNarae @SporkLord @felistopaz @rubyredtan @Eialyne @Duskychangeling @Espoir [/quote] You choose to follow Conrad. He knows the caves far better than you do. You’d probably just get lost trying to find your way out on your own. Quietly, you pull up to the group’s flank and fall in line. After what felt like ages of hard, cold stone against your skin and tiny pebbles sticking themselves into your feet, Conrad leads the group into a giant open area. “All around, cupcakes!” The Ridgeback beckons the tour to huddle closer. You stand at the edge of the crowd, close to him. “I don’t wanna frighten you, but that collapse forced us off the tour route,” Worried murmurs spread within the tour. “Now!” Conrad raises his voice again to hush the noise. “That does not mean we’re lost. I know this is Horace’s Lake, but I can’t remember an alternate route out just yet.” He looks bashful, but continues. “Until then, we should all stay together. You got it, cupcakes?” There is a general confirmation given from the tour. “Alright then!” Conrad peps back up. “First things first, who’s hungry?” The group of dragons, yourself included, give a more far enthusiastic confirmation, and Conrad is bubbly once more. “That’s the spirit! There’s all types of food in and around the lake,” he waves his hand from the lake to the grassy area behind them, “and there should be more than enough for all of us.” He steps back some before continuing. “I’ll need some of you sweets to come help me get food for everyone else. Do I have any volunteers? It’s alright to go on your own, but not everyone can find food,” A good few dragons step forward, and Conrad smiles at them before turning back to the rest of the tour. “The rest of you guys feel free to do what you like. You can find food for yourself, look around, whatever. Just make sure you don’t wander off too far or go too deep into the lake,” He pauses looks down with a worried expression that makes you slightly concerned and a little afraid of what he’s going to say. “I...won’t say much, but it’s called Horace’s Lake for a reason,” he perks back up, but it seems a little forced. “You sugarcubes shouldn’t worry about that, though! You guys ready to go at it?” Once again, the tour gives a joyful unanimous “yes” before breaking off. You go off on your own, not far from everyone else. You take the chance to better examine the area around you. A few steps away is a massive lake of sparkling azure water. You look up to see light streaming in from a ceiling of rock pocked with countless holes. Even from here, you can tell that not even a fae could fit through, and you throw away the idea of escape. Turning your attention back to the lake, you spy the occasional darkened silhouette moving through the water and a look closer to shore finds a few dragons working to catch whatever lived in these waters. You could join them, even if only to help feed someone else. However, something else catches your eye before you make up your mind. Far, far out in the lake is an island. The rocky outpost doesn’t seem to be very large, but you’re almost certain that you’d have to fly out to see all of it. Perhaps it holds a way to escape? Getting there would be somewhat taxing, since you’re not exactly in the best shape after the initial accident and it’s quite a ways away. Still, the possibility is there, and you very well could be missing an easy climb to the surface if you ignore it. After some deliberation, you choose to… [b]1) Catch fish with the other dragons. 2) Fly out and explore the island. [/b] [url=https://goo.gl/forms/eWDRWfm5WG1nkhPB3]Click here to choose![/url]

You choose to follow Conrad. He knows the caves far better than you do. You’d probably just get lost trying to find your way out on your own. Quietly, you pull up to the group’s flank and fall in line. After what felt like ages of hard, cold stone against your skin and tiny pebbles sticking themselves into your feet, Conrad leads the group into a giant open area.

“All around, cupcakes!” The Ridgeback beckons the tour to huddle closer. You stand at the edge of the crowd, close to him.

“I don’t wanna frighten you, but that collapse forced us off the tour route,” Worried murmurs spread within the tour.

“Now!” Conrad raises his voice again to hush the noise. “That does not mean we’re lost. I know this is Horace’s Lake, but I can’t remember an alternate route out just yet.” He looks bashful, but continues. “Until then, we should all stay together. You got it, cupcakes?”

There is a general confirmation given from the tour.

“Alright then!” Conrad peps back up. “First things first, who’s hungry?”

The group of dragons, yourself included, give a more far enthusiastic confirmation, and Conrad is bubbly once more. “That’s the spirit! There’s all types of food in and around the lake,” he waves his hand from the lake to the grassy area behind them, “and there should be more than enough for all of us.”

He steps back some before continuing. “I’ll need some of you sweets to come help me get food for everyone else. Do I have any volunteers? It’s alright to go on your own, but not everyone can find food,” A good few dragons step forward, and Conrad smiles at them before turning back to the rest of the tour.

“The rest of you guys feel free to do what you like. You can find food for yourself, look around, whatever. Just make sure you don’t wander off too far or go too deep into the lake,” He pauses looks down with a worried expression that makes you slightly concerned and a little afraid of what he’s going to say. “I...won’t say much, but it’s called Horace’s Lake for a reason,” he perks back up, but it seems a little forced. “You sugarcubes shouldn’t worry about that, though! You guys ready to go at it?”

Once again, the tour gives a joyful unanimous “yes” before breaking off. You go off on your own, not far from everyone else.

You take the chance to better examine the area around you. A few steps away is a massive lake of sparkling azure water. You look up to see light streaming in from a ceiling of rock pocked with countless holes. Even from here, you can tell that not even a fae could fit through, and you throw away the idea of escape. Turning your attention back to the lake, you spy the occasional darkened silhouette moving through the water and a look closer to shore finds a few dragons working to catch whatever lived in these waters. You could join them, even if only to help feed someone else.

However, something else catches your eye before you make up your mind. Far, far out in the lake is an island. The rocky outpost doesn’t seem to be very large, but you’re almost certain that you’d have to fly out to see all of it. Perhaps it holds a way to escape? Getting there would be somewhat taxing, since you’re not exactly in the best shape after the initial accident and it’s quite a ways away. Still, the possibility is there, and you very well could be missing an easy climb to the surface if you ignore it.

After some deliberation, you choose to…

1) Catch fish with the other dragons.
2) Fly out and explore the island.

Click here to choose!
60787410.png 57806280.png
[quote]@StarCookies @Watercolour @Morare @Lasreaine @Stanzascale @xarellax @SkyyeofEmber @JinxMoonstone @LehLora @marsaquarium @Saraceaser @ZoneZer0 @CrystalRush @NinaOsp @Delari @Sidegrinder @Brokenstone @GiantPandroid @Azuredusk @SeaGodling @sagaxi @tigressRising @RemanLT @Cheshly @DraigTeg @heartcrusher1 @Tenbris @luminousnoble @Knickknacks @Raccoongirl @kokobean22 @Katsuokai @Delcat @Salvation @FloatingInSpace @Thewarywatcher13 @Amariel @Siennia[/quote] With a sigh, you head back to the group. It’s not a big deal to wait a little longer. But to your surprise, when she finally collects everyone she doesn’t lead you down the path with the light. Instead, she takes you down a dark path, and it doesn’t take you long to hear the sound of rushing water. You emerge from the tunnel into a much larger space where you can see a river rushing past. The place is huge, and walls here a very smooth. Some of the others wander over to the river. “Don’t go in the water, whatever you do.” Valena warns, “This whole area here was carved out by that river. It’s moving much faster than it looks.” Valena looks around for a bit and you can’t make head or tails of the way she wanders about shaking her head. “If we follow it upriver we should be able to find a way out. Follow me, it should only be a little bit further,” and Valena turns and starts walking along a wide path next to the river. That doesn’t make much sense, surely you can find a way out either direction, right? Don’t rivers head towards the ocean? All the others start following her but honestly why should you? She caused a cave in and ignored an exit, right? You decide to: [b]A. Follow Valena upriver. B. Head downriver and look for the ocean.[/b] [url=https://goo.gl/forms/SFB8wyLFA4nbGFNF2]Click here to decide![/url]

With a sigh, you head back to the group. It’s not a big deal to wait a little longer. But to your surprise, when she finally collects everyone she doesn’t lead you down the path with the light. Instead, she takes you down a dark path, and it doesn’t take you long to hear the sound of rushing water.

You emerge from the tunnel into a much larger space where you can see a river rushing past. The place is huge, and walls here a very smooth. Some of the others wander over to the river. “Don’t go in the water, whatever you do.” Valena warns, “This whole area here was carved out by that river. It’s moving much faster than it looks.”

Valena looks around for a bit and you can’t make head or tails of the way she wanders about shaking her head. “If we follow it upriver we should be able to find a way out. Follow me, it should only be a little bit further,” and Valena turns and starts walking along a wide path next to the river.

That doesn’t make much sense, surely you can find a way out either direction, right? Don’t rivers head towards the ocean? All the others start following her but honestly why should you? She caused a cave in and ignored an exit, right?

You decide to:

A. Follow Valena upriver.
B. Head downriver and look for the ocean.

Click here to decide!
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 50 51