Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Game Thread] Void: Awakening
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 70 71
@JoYoon i like my role in the sense that it's not one of the roles that i would really dislike getting, but i'm not entirely sure how it'll go yet. :")
@JoYoon i like my role in the sense that it's not one of the roles that i would really dislike getting, but i'm not entirely sure how it'll go yet. :")
LUZk8tY.png
anyways, D1 reads list, keeping in mind that i don't super-strongly think anyone is scum yet:

town pile
Tsaiah
Leremis
VivaFariy
BerryBagel
Raya36
TheNightDancer
JoYoon
Limelight
LibreNoctre
Imraldera
SpectralDragon
scum pile

??? - LittleFirefly, Rosetta248, oops if i missed anybody

question for everybody: if you had to force a lynch right now, at the moment of posting, who would you choose to lynch?
anyways, D1 reads list, keeping in mind that i don't super-strongly think anyone is scum yet:

town pile
Tsaiah
Leremis
VivaFariy
BerryBagel
Raya36
TheNightDancer
JoYoon
Limelight
LibreNoctre
Imraldera
SpectralDragon
scum pile

??? - LittleFirefly, Rosetta248, oops if i missed anybody

question for everybody: if you had to force a lynch right now, at the moment of posting, who would you choose to lynch?
LUZk8tY.png
@blanketgender

The reason I said that lurking in and of itself isn't always AI is mainly because in a recent game someone was lynched because they weren't active and had been lurking and they ended up being town, so some players do tend to lurk as town, especially newer players. While lurking is definitely not good, I wouldn't lynch someone simply for lurking, if their posts also don't contribute or seem scummy, then I would be willing to lynch them.

If I had to lynch someone right now, I think I would vote for SpectralDragon. I already stated some reasons why I was wary of them in my previous post, and I really don't like how they posted just a few minutes after I pinged them with one short post about their role. That both seems like they're paying attention to the thread and responding to pings, but aren't willing to really contribute much.
@blanketgender

The reason I said that lurking in and of itself isn't always AI is mainly because in a recent game someone was lynched because they weren't active and had been lurking and they ended up being town, so some players do tend to lurk as town, especially newer players. While lurking is definitely not good, I wouldn't lynch someone simply for lurking, if their posts also don't contribute or seem scummy, then I would be willing to lynch them.

If I had to lynch someone right now, I think I would vote for SpectralDragon. I already stated some reasons why I was wary of them in my previous post, and I really don't like how they posted just a few minutes after I pinged them with one short post about their role. That both seems like they're paying attention to the thread and responding to pings, but aren't willing to really contribute much.
NPeGYYg.pngkoIykzQ.png
@JoYoon As a general rule, I enjoy any role, so I'm pleased as punch. @blanketgender If I had to force a lynch right now, I'd say @SpectralDragon, I made a post yesterday suggesting why I think they're suspicious. [quote name="BerryBagel"]Another thought on comments that seem suspicious- SpectralDragon has posted a few times. Spectral's first post reiterated almost exactly what Raya said a few posts earlier. Their second post suggested the importance of flavor text- something we had already been discussing. Their third post agreed with the ideas I had already brought up. I'm sympathetic to the finals week grind, but despite them making several posts, I have yet to hear a new idea from Spectral and that's a red flag to me. [/quote] ...Buuuut, (and if you don't like my play style you may hate this), because of their most recent post I'm wondering if they might be a jester. [quote name="SpectralDragon"]My role's gonna be tough to do right, but if I make it work it'll be fun. [/quote] They show up, totally avoid addressing any of the suspicion on them, and leave a super short, cryptic message. It's so determinedly evasive that it makes me wonder if they're trying to be suspicious on purpose. So far as the investigative role stuff goes, I brought up investigative roles to try and help make my point about being careful, because third-parties are tricky (note that in the same post, I also brought up two other roles to make another point). I thought it was weird that you singled out my comment about investigative roles (and I still do). I don't claim to know anything about the minutiae of this particular game's investigative roles, I was just trying to share my gameplay advice. You were the one who tried to press for information about the specifics of this game's investigators.
@JoYoon

As a general rule, I enjoy any role, so I'm pleased as punch.

@blanketgender

If I had to force a lynch right now, I'd say @SpectralDragon, I made a post yesterday suggesting why I think they're suspicious.
BerryBagel wrote:
Another thought on comments that seem suspicious- SpectralDragon has posted a few times. Spectral's first post reiterated almost exactly what Raya said a few posts earlier. Their second post suggested the importance of flavor text- something we had already been discussing. Their third post agreed with the ideas I had already brought up. I'm sympathetic to the finals week grind, but despite them making several posts, I have yet to hear a new idea from Spectral and that's a red flag to me.

...Buuuut, (and if you don't like my play style you may hate this), because of their most recent post I'm wondering if they might be a jester.
SpectralDragon wrote:
My role's gonna be tough to do right, but if I make it work it'll be fun.

They show up, totally avoid addressing any of the suspicion on them, and leave a super short, cryptic message. It's so determinedly evasive that it makes me wonder if they're trying to be suspicious on purpose.

So far as the investigative role stuff goes, I brought up investigative roles to try and help make my point about being careful, because third-parties are tricky (note that in the same post, I also brought up two other roles to make another point). I thought it was weird that you singled out my comment about investigative roles (and I still do). I don't claim to know anything about the minutiae of this particular game's investigative roles, I was just trying to share my gameplay advice. You were the one who tried to press for information about the specifics of this game's investigators.
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
Do you like your role?
I do, in fact.

After a quick skim from where I left off last night, I'm leaning towards agreeing with @BerryBagel's suspicion on @SpectralDragon. Showing up to answer Joyoon's question and not responding to suspicions on them pings me as strange. I'm going to go back and ISO some things, but I'm definitely not liking how they're acting thus far.
Do you like your role?
I do, in fact.

After a quick skim from where I left off last night, I'm leaning towards agreeing with @BerryBagel's suspicion on @SpectralDragon. Showing up to answer Joyoon's question and not responding to suspicions on them pings me as strange. I'm going to go back and ISO some things, but I'm definitely not liking how they're acting thus far.
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
@BerryBagel [quote]They show up, totally avoid addressing any of the suspicion on them, and leave a super short, cryptic message. It's so determinedly evasive that it makes me wonder if they're trying to be suspicious on purpose.[/quote] you seem really certain that there's a jester for some reason. i don't think it's necessarily indicative of jester play, i think that it's [i]scummy[/i]. though really, posting anything but a short and cryptic answer to that question is revealing more about your role than is at all necessary. [quote]You were the one who tried to press for information about the specifics of this game's investigators.[/quote] i really didn't, though. explain how that would've been effective fishing. :") like i said, none of us would know what an investigative result looks like, because it's the first day. we don't have any results. i was more thrown off by your [i]assumption[/i] of what an investigative result looks like than anything--again, because it's D1. like i said, i could chalk this up to difference in where you've played, since ToS has a role that returns 'not suspicious' as a result on more than just town.
@BerryBagel
Quote:
They show up, totally avoid addressing any of the suspicion on them, and leave a super short, cryptic message. It's so determinedly evasive that it makes me wonder if they're trying to be suspicious on purpose.
you seem really certain that there's a jester for some reason.

i don't think it's necessarily indicative of jester play, i think that it's scummy. though really, posting anything but a short and cryptic answer to that question is revealing more about your role than is at all necessary.
Quote:
You were the one who tried to press for information about the specifics of this game's investigators.
i really didn't, though.

explain how that would've been effective fishing. :") like i said, none of us would know what an investigative result looks like, because it's the first day. we don't have any results. i was more thrown off by your assumption of what an investigative result looks like than anything--again, because it's D1. like i said, i could chalk this up to difference in where you've played, since ToS has a role that returns 'not suspicious' as a result on more than just town.
LUZk8tY.png
@blanketgender

Oh, sorry! I guess I can expand on that, if you want. IMO, people who are truly inactives are what modkills/mod replacements are for. If you don't do anything, the mod gets you.

As for lurkers, that's still not necessarily sus but still awkward for everyone. Especially if they seem like they're not actually making any effort to play the game (although I probably can't talk since people seem to think that I'm not putting in any effort right now :C ). I'm never able to tell if I actually think they're suspicious or if I want to find them suspicious because they annoy me, though.
@blanketgender

Oh, sorry! I guess I can expand on that, if you want. IMO, people who are truly inactives are what modkills/mod replacements are for. If you don't do anything, the mod gets you.

As for lurkers, that's still not necessarily sus but still awkward for everyone. Especially if they seem like they're not actually making any effort to play the game (although I probably can't talk since people seem to think that I'm not putting in any effort right now :C ). I'm never able to tell if I actually think they're suspicious or if I want to find them suspicious because they annoy me, though.
Food? Food? FOOD!
tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_250.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo2_250.png
@SpectralDragon i placed a vote for you like as soon as i got a ping, so give me a second and let me read
@SpectralDragon i placed a vote for you like as soon as i got a ping, so give me a second and let me read
LUZk8tY.png
@SpectralDragon it's fair to have misgivings about whether lurking is scummy or not, since town does it too. can i ask about your suspicions, possible reads, and who would you would potentially want to lynch today?
@SpectralDragon it's fair to have misgivings about whether lurking is scummy or not, since town does it too. can i ask about your suspicions, possible reads, and who would you would potentially want to lynch today?
LUZk8tY.png
@Imraldera

In my defense, I think we were drafting at about the same time. I took a very long time to edit that one, I wasn't actually quite sure how much to say. Shorter seemed better, there.

Also, I wasn't (and still am not) entirely sure how to respond to that post. I feel like going "yeah okay I'll try to talk more" is neither effective nor helpful. And saying that I don't like that people are immediately bandwagoning off of two (I think) posts isn't exactly unbiased in this circumstance, considering that I'm the one being bandwagoned upon! (help how do verb noun)

I'm about as observant as a dead snail. I know that I have a problem with putting useful informations in my posts. I highly doubt that I've gotten much better after playing two forum-style games. I understand that someone might find it sus when I'm just being stupid. What I don't particularly like is that people seem to be sheeple-ing onto the first bandwagon they found (especially considering that I'm not scum, but I don't blame anyone for not believing that right now).
@Imraldera

In my defense, I think we were drafting at about the same time. I took a very long time to edit that one, I wasn't actually quite sure how much to say. Shorter seemed better, there.

Also, I wasn't (and still am not) entirely sure how to respond to that post. I feel like going "yeah okay I'll try to talk more" is neither effective nor helpful. And saying that I don't like that people are immediately bandwagoning off of two (I think) posts isn't exactly unbiased in this circumstance, considering that I'm the one being bandwagoned upon! (help how do verb noun)

I'm about as observant as a dead snail. I know that I have a problem with putting useful informations in my posts. I highly doubt that I've gotten much better after playing two forum-style games. I understand that someone might find it sus when I'm just being stupid. What I don't particularly like is that people seem to be sheeple-ing onto the first bandwagon they found (especially considering that I'm not scum, but I don't blame anyone for not believing that right now).
Food? Food? FOOD!
tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_250.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo2_250.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 70 71