Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Game Thread] Void: Awakening
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 70 71
[quote name="TheNightDancer" date=2017-05-26 20:19:59] @/Tsaiah [quote name="polygone" date=2017-05-19 16:43:01] Dark abilities are given to the mafia as a faction as players die, and can be used by any mafia player alongside their normal abilities. These abilities can not be stopped and pierce through protections from other abilities. [/quote] This would still be an issue though. [/quote] @blanketgender I'm assuming this is meant to be the balancing element.
TheNightDancer wrote on 2017-05-26:
@/Tsaiah
polygone wrote on 2017-05-19:
Dark abilities are given to the mafia as a faction as players die, and can be used by any mafia player alongside their normal abilities. These abilities can not be stopped and pierce through protections from other abilities.
This would still be an issue though.
@blanketgender
I'm assuming this is meant to be the balancing element.
968.png
dancer | fr+3 | music shop | g1 sales | wishlist
@Cognitive

Iso'd you, sounds good, and with that and those implications

Yes, I would love in this link <3

And I will scumhunt my ever living heart out for it, woo! (okay, i'm gonna do that anyway, but i'd be doing it with a lighter heart and a lot more smiling xD)

@SpectralDragon

Are you up for trying this?
@Cognitive

Iso'd you, sounds good, and with that and those implications

Yes, I would love in this link <3

And I will scumhunt my ever living heart out for it, woo! (okay, i'm gonna do that anyway, but i'd be doing it with a lighter heart and a lot more smiling xD)

@SpectralDragon

Are you up for trying this?
TCC_04-sig.png Millennium Merchant Mafia NPeGYYg.png GFQXkBh.png
@blanketgender @Tsaiah It is an ability claim, and I would actually need to create a soul link with three people at the same time in order for them to be safe from the night kill. Because I need three people, I am willing to add Tsaiah because even as a neutral, I do believe they are playing for town and they are open to creating a soul link in general. I'd like to add Spectraldragon as well because I think they are town. I'm not sure who the third person would be, but it only works if three join up with me at the same time so I won't join a soul link otherwise.
@blanketgender @Tsaiah It is an ability claim, and I would actually need to create a soul link with three people at the same time in order for them to be safe from the night kill. Because I need three people, I am willing to add Tsaiah because even as a neutral, I do believe they are playing for town and they are open to creating a soul link in general. I'd like to add Spectraldragon as well because I think they are town. I'm not sure who the third person would be, but it only works if three join up with me at the same time so I won't join a soul link otherwise.
vV5jbm.png
@Tsaiah If you have any ideas for one more person to join up, let me know?
@Tsaiah If you have any ideas for one more person to join up, let me know?
vV5jbm.png
Sorry guys, I was tired and had a headache most of the day, but I will post more tomorrow. For now I'll answer my pings.

@Cognitive

I need to read through, but there are a couple of people who seem somewhat more scummy. Some of my neutrals are starting to lean more scum.

@BerryBagel

Most of my reads tend to be neutral, especially in a quieter game like this. As far as the way I made it seem like it was between Tsaiah or JoYoon, at that point it was for me as I didn't have any stronger scum reads, and I obviously wasn't going to vote for myself. I don't really see that as suspicious. Could you explain what about that is evasive?
My read on Limelight was exactly what I said, neutral because of few posts, but I didn't like how little they were posting. At this point, unless she goes completely inactive, so few posts make me think she's lurking and therefore makes me suspicious. But I'd prefer not to lynch anyone based on just activity, which is why my read on her was phrased the way it was.

I would have preferred not to claim, but since everyone seems to find targeting myself suspicious, I will at least partially. My ability does target myself, and only myself. I am not a doctor or protective. Basically I use an active ability to activate a certain passive ability. I would prefer not to reveal more at this point, but will if I need to.

I do not think I will be soul linking, as because of my soul ability I have to make sure that I link with only town, and I don't think anyone I'm at all confident is town would be willing to link with me anyway. I may try to vote just in case JoYoon was lying, but I'd rather get another void mark than link with mafia.
Sorry guys, I was tired and had a headache most of the day, but I will post more tomorrow. For now I'll answer my pings.

@Cognitive

I need to read through, but there are a couple of people who seem somewhat more scummy. Some of my neutrals are starting to lean more scum.

@BerryBagel

Most of my reads tend to be neutral, especially in a quieter game like this. As far as the way I made it seem like it was between Tsaiah or JoYoon, at that point it was for me as I didn't have any stronger scum reads, and I obviously wasn't going to vote for myself. I don't really see that as suspicious. Could you explain what about that is evasive?
My read on Limelight was exactly what I said, neutral because of few posts, but I didn't like how little they were posting. At this point, unless she goes completely inactive, so few posts make me think she's lurking and therefore makes me suspicious. But I'd prefer not to lynch anyone based on just activity, which is why my read on her was phrased the way it was.

I would have preferred not to claim, but since everyone seems to find targeting myself suspicious, I will at least partially. My ability does target myself, and only myself. I am not a doctor or protective. Basically I use an active ability to activate a certain passive ability. I would prefer not to reveal more at this point, but will if I need to.

I do not think I will be soul linking, as because of my soul ability I have to make sure that I link with only town, and I don't think anyone I'm at all confident is town would be willing to link with me anyway. I may try to vote just in case JoYoon was lying, but I'd rather get another void mark than link with mafia.
NPeGYYg.pngkoIykzQ.png
[quote name="@TheNightDancer" date=2017-05-26 17:44:55] polygone Will you tell us if JoYoon voters are both silenced, or are we just meant to guess? [/quote]To prevent further questions such as these, I shall leave the following here: I can't say anything that would confirm or deny either speculation or claims as to what someone's role is. I thusly won't answer any question you have regarding someone else's role, whether or not that really is their role. And so, you effectively get a 'no comment'.
@TheNightDancer wrote on 2017-05-26:
polygone Will you tell us if JoYoon voters are both silenced, or are we just meant to guess?
To prevent further questions such as these, I shall leave the following here: I can't say anything that would confirm or deny either speculation or claims as to what someone's role is. I thusly won't answer any question you have regarding someone else's role, whether or not that really is their role. And so, you effectively get a 'no comment'.

Praise the sun! \o/
@Cognitive

Will do!

Question: Do you have to link up all at once? Or is it one at a time? (Can we even link with more than one person at a time?)
@Cognitive

Will do!

Question: Do you have to link up all at once? Or is it one at a time? (Can we even link with more than one person at a time?)
@tsaiah I have to link up all at once, so I'm assuming we can!

I'll be heading off to bed now since it's past one am here, but it's the weekend so I'll be around earlier tomorrow.
@tsaiah I have to link up all at once, so I'm assuming we can!

I'll be heading off to bed now since it's past one am here, but it's the weekend so I'll be around earlier tomorrow.
vV5jbm.png
Alright, I can't stand by and watch town sewer themselves. @Tsaiah is mafia. I'm an investigator and she flipped mafia night one when I visited her. That's why I've been pushing so aggressively for her lynch.

@Cognitive I urge you to not soul link with her. @SpectralDragon as well. I'm frustrated to death that I have to come out and claim but I can NOT sit by and watch this happen while everyone ignores my warnings. I had hoped to keep this ability quiet longer but apparently I can't.

@TheNightDancer is town btw. I'll probably die tonight so I want to say that much.

Also alignment conversions are a thing. My soul ability can tell if someone has changed alignment, and I feel like mafia perhaps has that ability.
Alright, I can't stand by and watch town sewer themselves. @Tsaiah is mafia. I'm an investigator and she flipped mafia night one when I visited her. That's why I've been pushing so aggressively for her lynch.

@Cognitive I urge you to not soul link with her. @SpectralDragon as well. I'm frustrated to death that I have to come out and claim but I can NOT sit by and watch this happen while everyone ignores my warnings. I had hoped to keep this ability quiet longer but apparently I can't.

@TheNightDancer is town btw. I'll probably die tonight so I want to say that much.

Also alignment conversions are a thing. My soul ability can tell if someone has changed alignment, and I feel like mafia perhaps has that ability.
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
@Leremis

No wonder you wanted me dead so bad!

Don't worry, you're not gonna be killed, at least not by us. (And probably not by anyone else at this point, as far as I can see, considering the lack of nks.)

@SpectralDragon
@TheNightDancer
@Rosetta248
@blanketgender
@LibreNoctre
@VivaFariy
@Limelight

I've literally lied about two things this whole game:

My alignment, bc ofc.
And a halftruth about our wincon.

There's been a lot of assuming this game. We only realized tonight, when @Cognitive revealed how their ability worked, that you could soullink with more than one person. We just assumed that it was like dance pairs in MMM and only two could link, and never clarified.

Which changed everything.

So here goes, all-or-nothing.

Town's wincon is to outnumber all other factions.
Mafia's wincon is for all other factions to be dead or soullinked to everyone alive.

You should've heard me screaming in angst at Poly, ahhhhh xD;;;

Because for the first time that I know of in FR mafia history, town and mafia do not have mutually exclusive wincons.

There is literally no reason why EVERYONE CAN'T WIN TOGETHER, at least insofar as town/mafia goes. (And any 3p might be able to too, depending on their wincon.)

And I have always wanted for this to happen. I'm constantly looking for loopholes that allow as many people to win as possible. I LONG for this to happen. I've actually been crying over wanting it. I'm still crying. i'm a derp, i know

I'm actually kinda glad I got outted (again), at least on an emotional level, bc I really just wanted to reveal, all-or-nothing gambit and hope everyone believed us so we could do this thing. But I didn't wanna do that without some good discussion with the rest of the maf first, AND i was worried about how to approach it to somehow actually be believed.

I started planning in mafchat at least ways that we could try for the multiwin secretly, if it was decided not to out it, the second Poly confirmed for me that what Cognitive had implied was true--that we could link up with more than one person--and that because of that town could both outnumber mafia, AND mafia could be linked to everyone alive. And also clarified that we could link in a chain. As long as we're linked a to b to c, etc, it'll work (i.e., a will be linked to c that way too).

If I hadn't been a derp and assumed that we could only link with one person each, I'da realized the "win together" conditions were possible sooner (and quite possibly never even claimed neut, tho it turned out part of that was TRUE--i CAN win with town. xD)

Good faith knowledge:

Not only were all my ability claims true, but we've got factional alignment checking too--and @BerryBagel and @Imraldera have both checked as town. (N1 and N2, respectively.)

This concerned me already, that we had so much alignment checking in the freakin' mafia, and with Ler's "changed alignment" ability, now i'm thinking there's a cult 3p. (Ngl, really hoping their wincon is compatible too ahhh)

And I literally can't think of anything else to reveal.

Still totally willing to be Town's little wind-up invest! xD

And still obviously HIGHLY interested in that link! :D

@Leremis

No wonder you wanted me dead so bad!

Don't worry, you're not gonna be killed, at least not by us. (And probably not by anyone else at this point, as far as I can see, considering the lack of nks.)

@SpectralDragon
@TheNightDancer
@Rosetta248
@blanketgender
@LibreNoctre
@VivaFariy
@Limelight

I've literally lied about two things this whole game:

My alignment, bc ofc.
And a halftruth about our wincon.

There's been a lot of assuming this game. We only realized tonight, when @Cognitive revealed how their ability worked, that you could soullink with more than one person. We just assumed that it was like dance pairs in MMM and only two could link, and never clarified.

Which changed everything.

So here goes, all-or-nothing.

Town's wincon is to outnumber all other factions.
Mafia's wincon is for all other factions to be dead or soullinked to everyone alive.

You should've heard me screaming in angst at Poly, ahhhhh xD;;;

Because for the first time that I know of in FR mafia history, town and mafia do not have mutually exclusive wincons.

There is literally no reason why EVERYONE CAN'T WIN TOGETHER, at least insofar as town/mafia goes. (And any 3p might be able to too, depending on their wincon.)

And I have always wanted for this to happen. I'm constantly looking for loopholes that allow as many people to win as possible. I LONG for this to happen. I've actually been crying over wanting it. I'm still crying. i'm a derp, i know

I'm actually kinda glad I got outted (again), at least on an emotional level, bc I really just wanted to reveal, all-or-nothing gambit and hope everyone believed us so we could do this thing. But I didn't wanna do that without some good discussion with the rest of the maf first, AND i was worried about how to approach it to somehow actually be believed.

I started planning in mafchat at least ways that we could try for the multiwin secretly, if it was decided not to out it, the second Poly confirmed for me that what Cognitive had implied was true--that we could link up with more than one person--and that because of that town could both outnumber mafia, AND mafia could be linked to everyone alive. And also clarified that we could link in a chain. As long as we're linked a to b to c, etc, it'll work (i.e., a will be linked to c that way too).

If I hadn't been a derp and assumed that we could only link with one person each, I'da realized the "win together" conditions were possible sooner (and quite possibly never even claimed neut, tho it turned out part of that was TRUE--i CAN win with town. xD)

Good faith knowledge:

Not only were all my ability claims true, but we've got factional alignment checking too--and @BerryBagel and @Imraldera have both checked as town. (N1 and N2, respectively.)

This concerned me already, that we had so much alignment checking in the freakin' mafia, and with Ler's "changed alignment" ability, now i'm thinking there's a cult 3p. (Ngl, really hoping their wincon is compatible too ahhh)

And I literally can't think of anything else to reveal.

Still totally willing to be Town's little wind-up invest! xD

And still obviously HIGHLY interested in that link! :D

1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 70 71