Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Fountain of Life Discussion GAME OVER
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 85 86
/tries to wrap my brain around Kirk's definition of mylo o:

So i guess, if you include the threat of the nk, that's as close to mylo as you're gonna get with an even number of players left?

Raiccoon is right, tho, it can't be 3:3 right now, bc if it was, it'd be parity--maf could just tie the vote in perpetuity. guaranteeing they'd never be lynched. So that should mean 2 maf left.

@StormDreamer @Bearclaws

Still waiting on reads from both of you, ANY and as many as possible from Storm, revised and/or more reads from Bear.

Storm, my vote still leans most strongly to you--and it'd be extra great if you'd defend well before close to the end of the game day.

Seconding that call for Imraldera to come give your thoughts, since you've been away?

This is our last shot, if we get it wrong, that's it. And i feel kinda like it's a second chance already, since i thought it was very likely the game was gonna end at eotn, so don't wanna waste it. xD; Everybody come talk, help decide what we're gonna do?
/tries to wrap my brain around Kirk's definition of mylo o:

So i guess, if you include the threat of the nk, that's as close to mylo as you're gonna get with an even number of players left?

Raiccoon is right, tho, it can't be 3:3 right now, bc if it was, it'd be parity--maf could just tie the vote in perpetuity. guaranteeing they'd never be lynched. So that should mean 2 maf left.

@StormDreamer @Bearclaws

Still waiting on reads from both of you, ANY and as many as possible from Storm, revised and/or more reads from Bear.

Storm, my vote still leans most strongly to you--and it'd be extra great if you'd defend well before close to the end of the game day.

Seconding that call for Imraldera to come give your thoughts, since you've been away?

This is our last shot, if we get it wrong, that's it. And i feel kinda like it's a second chance already, since i thought it was very likely the game was gonna end at eotn, so don't wanna waste it. xD; Everybody come talk, help decide what we're gonna do?
TCC_04-sig.png Millennium Merchant Mafia NPeGYYg.png GFQXkBh.png
@tsaiah

Aahh! I got my defense at home in a sticky note on my laptop! I'll post what I have and then continue. It's been a bad couple of days for me academic wise so I apologize for my delay. ;U;"
@tsaiah

Aahh! I got my defense at home in a sticky note on my laptop! I'll post what I have and then continue. It's been a bad couple of days for me academic wise so I apologize for my delay. ;U;"
Used to be Bearteeth
call me bear
ink2.png
*rolls in the thread*
Hello people. I'm trying to do a Bearclaws iso rn, but

Imr's dragons are unfed, and they haven't posted in a few days--might be irl stuff. Considering the fact that it's mylo... I don't think we should lynch Imra for inactivity, considering the fact that they might just be not okay irl, but this shouldn't be a reason to not consider them for a lynch.

But based on what people's reads on Imra, because jdkjskaj everything I see from them is NAI??, they're likely town, so....

@Tsaiah
Responding to your earlier question(?) on why I went right out sussing Wintry without acknowledging the other lynch candidates...
I prefer doing kill motivation analysis over scumhunting because it's something that I don't epic fail in even if I do speculate wrongly? Sussing wintry (I guess you can call it that, but it wasn't really a sus with logic behind it?) was a part of mafia kill analysis, which is something that at least I'd be able to do even though it turned out to be wrong lel.

Fail in as in...getting NAI over everything. I scumhunt using the question "would i do this as town/scum", and then end up seeing myself saying that as both alignments (partly because I...try replicating what I'd say as town as scum?), and then facepalming.

I'm reading a few guides on MSwiki to get a few pointers as to how to scumhunt/what are scumtells (but then again, since it's public information it's likely to be used against), so hopefully that'd help. Hopefully at the end of my Bear iso I don't end up with the NAI conclusion, rip.
*rolls in the thread*
Hello people. I'm trying to do a Bearclaws iso rn, but

Imr's dragons are unfed, and they haven't posted in a few days--might be irl stuff. Considering the fact that it's mylo... I don't think we should lynch Imra for inactivity, considering the fact that they might just be not okay irl, but this shouldn't be a reason to not consider them for a lynch.

But based on what people's reads on Imra, because jdkjskaj everything I see from them is NAI??, they're likely town, so....

@Tsaiah
Responding to your earlier question(?) on why I went right out sussing Wintry without acknowledging the other lynch candidates...
I prefer doing kill motivation analysis over scumhunting because it's something that I don't epic fail in even if I do speculate wrongly? Sussing wintry (I guess you can call it that, but it wasn't really a sus with logic behind it?) was a part of mafia kill analysis, which is something that at least I'd be able to do even though it turned out to be wrong lel.

Fail in as in...getting NAI over everything. I scumhunt using the question "would i do this as town/scum", and then end up seeing myself saying that as both alignments (partly because I...try replicating what I'd say as town as scum?), and then facepalming.

I'm reading a few guides on MSwiki to get a few pointers as to how to scumhunt/what are scumtells (but then again, since it's public information it's likely to be used against), so hopefully that'd help. Hopefully at the end of my Bear iso I don't end up with the NAI conclusion, rip.
jghAv2V.png
Bear has been apologizing a lot about inactivity, but I guess that's part of their busy schedule, so NAI. However. [quote name="@Bearclaws" date=2017-05-13 20:58:39] @/tsaiah @ anyone who wants answers as well Okay, so, my mind tends to jump to conclusions quick. I usually try to base reads and speculations off of logic. And to do that, I try to get what the mafia is thinking. However, my usual meta has been kind of thrown off as of late, as I haven't been in many games and the games I do join I'm usually dragged along because of inactivity for increased hours at work on top of being a senior in highschool. (Also… time zones seem so off from everyone?? Ahh!) Anywho, My main thought process is; if I was in this situation, what would I do? The case with sussing elan was an overall curiosity that was then fueled by the sudden intensity of the game at the time of the reveal. I was angry because it put people at risk and my immediate thought was that they are mafia, this must be why they revealed! I kind of sheeped, in a way? Not really but?, In thinking that was just that odd and no other idea would be logical enough to defend it.. So I felt like I had to comment about it, and try to clarify why they might've done it. But I began to look a little more into the Hydra itself and I noticed it seemed like both heads weren't talking to each other. If both heads weren't talking to each other... Would they really be an effective mafia member? Also. I believe Elan might've known what they were doing was gonna give suspicion onto them. Like you said, they watched their highest town lead. That's odd. Really odd. But then I realized why they would probably watch them. Could it have been because they wanted to make sure someone would be able to clarify that they're a tracker? They were under a lot of suspicion, which arguably was granted. But aside the suspicion, they might have thought that Wintry was also a good call because maybe they wouldn’t go anywhere. They wouldn't leave, they wouldn't have to if they were a vanilla townie... They would stay at home, and they could trust them to give an honest response. If I was gonna put my life in someone's hands in a game of mafia. I would go for my highest town read. Now I usually hate tacking my personal meta and thought process to someone. Because I'm not Gwen or Ran, obviously. But I wanted them to stay around because I wanted to believe they were town. So I voted to tie the votes…I thought they might be a useful person to have, if they could only just be without their biases and talk more between their heads... That's why I voted for Oricole and why I believe, or more like wanted to believe, Elan was town. 1 out 2 posts [/quote] Bear's reasoning here sounded pretty townish...? I think, as scum, I wouldn't mind either of Ori or Ran being lynched, because both of them were town, so I wouldn't change my vote from Rang to Ori. Tying the votes mean that a nl would possibly happen, meaning that 1)they'd get attention from everyone sussing them, which I think goes against mafia's instinct to not get attention, and 2) slows down the way to mylo/lylo. However, as town, my motivations would go beyond trying to not get sussed/staying alive, and actually voting to seek out scum. I think Bear's mindset behind the vote here is a town one--trying to vote for someone who they think is actually less scummy, instead of just going with the mislynch in an "idc, they're both town anyway" mindset. [s]or maybe I just have a bad scum mindset applying this to my logic, making this flawed[/s] Gonna read through the rest of Bear's posts, but so far feeling good, I guess :3
Bear has been apologizing a lot about inactivity, but I guess that's part of their busy schedule, so NAI.

However.
@Bearclaws wrote on 2017-05-13:
@/tsaiah @ anyone who wants answers as well
Okay, so, my mind tends to jump to conclusions quick. I usually try to base reads and speculations off of logic. And to do that, I try to get what the mafia is thinking. However, my usual meta has been kind of thrown off as of late, as I haven't been in many games and the games I do join I'm usually dragged along because of inactivity for increased hours at work on top of being a senior in highschool. (Also… time zones seem so off from everyone?? Ahh!)

Anywho, My main thought process is; if I was in this situation, what would I do?

The case with sussing elan was an overall curiosity that was then fueled by the sudden intensity of the game at the time of the reveal. I was angry because it put people at risk and my immediate thought was that they are mafia, this must be why they revealed! I kind of sheeped, in a way? Not really but?, In thinking that was just that odd and no other idea would be logical enough to defend it.. So I felt like I had to comment about it, and try to clarify why they might've done it.

But I began to look a little more into the Hydra itself and I noticed it seemed like both heads weren't talking to each other. If both heads weren't talking to each other... Would they really be an effective mafia member?

Also. I believe Elan might've known what they were doing was gonna give suspicion onto them. Like you said, they watched their highest town lead. That's odd. Really odd.

But then I realized why they would probably watch them. Could it have been because they wanted to make sure someone would be able to clarify that they're a tracker? They were under a lot of suspicion, which arguably was granted. But aside the suspicion, they might have thought that Wintry was also a good call because maybe they wouldn’t go anywhere. They wouldn't leave, they wouldn't have to if they were a vanilla townie... They would stay at home, and they could trust them to give an honest response.

If I was gonna put my life in someone's hands in a game of mafia. I would go for my highest town read.

Now I usually hate tacking my personal meta and thought process to someone. Because I'm not Gwen or Ran, obviously. But I wanted them to stay around because I wanted to believe they were town. So I voted to tie the votes…I thought they might be a useful person to have, if they could only just be without their biases and talk more between their heads...

That's why I voted for Oricole and why I believe, or more like wanted to believe, Elan was town.

1 out 2 posts

Bear's reasoning here sounded pretty townish...? I think, as scum, I wouldn't mind either of Ori or Ran being lynched, because both of them were town, so I wouldn't change my vote from Rang to Ori. Tying the votes mean that a nl would possibly happen, meaning that 1)they'd get attention from everyone sussing them, which I think goes against mafia's instinct to not get attention, and 2) slows down the way to mylo/lylo.

However, as town, my motivations would go beyond trying to not get sussed/staying alive, and actually voting to seek out scum. I think Bear's mindset behind the vote here is a town one--trying to vote for someone who they think is actually less scummy, instead of just going with the mislynch in an "idc, they're both town anyway" mindset.
or maybe I just have a bad scum mindset applying this to my logic, making this flawed

Gonna read through the rest of Bear's posts, but so far feeling good, I guess :3
jghAv2V.png
Eeeee going to bed, will continue tomorrow?
@Bearclaws ^^ Pinging you to the post above you because it's my attempt at reading you lool
Eeeee going to bed, will continue tomorrow?
@Bearclaws ^^ Pinging you to the post above you because it's my attempt at reading you lool
jghAv2V.png
Shoooooooot. Sorry for the quadruple posting, but sorry Bear, I thought I forgot to ping you :P
Realized that I pinged you already in the original post.

Actually, reading back, why didn't you abstain/not vote and try to get people to vote for someone else? In your post where you switched votes, you didn't seem to be sussing Ori?
Not pinging you because I pinged you twice already, rip.
Shoooooooot. Sorry for the quadruple posting, but sorry Bear, I thought I forgot to ping you :P
Realized that I pinged you already in the original post.

Actually, reading back, why didn't you abstain/not vote and try to get people to vote for someone else? In your post where you switched votes, you didn't seem to be sussing Ori?
Not pinging you because I pinged you twice already, rip.
jghAv2V.png
@stormdreamer

It's quite alright. I just thought something was very wrong for a second, ahaha. I'm at school rn so I can access much, so my defense against tsaiah and read list is coming up.

But to answer this quick; I voted right before work. I didn't have enough time to either change my vote or look for a new targert. If you read my vote, I believe I said something along the lines of hoping that they didn't end up lynching either of them and found a new target.
@stormdreamer

It's quite alright. I just thought something was very wrong for a second, ahaha. I'm at school rn so I can access much, so my defense against tsaiah and read list is coming up.

But to answer this quick; I voted right before work. I didn't have enough time to either change my vote or look for a new targert. If you read my vote, I believe I said something along the lines of hoping that they didn't end up lynching either of them and found a new target.
Used to be Bearteeth
call me bear
ink2.png
Can't*
Can't*
Used to be Bearteeth
call me bear
ink2.png
I'm sorry guys, I don't really have an excuse for not showing up, I just didn't really have motivation to do anything the past few days. I'm catching up now and will post soon.
I'm sorry guys, I don't really have an excuse for not showing up, I just didn't really have motivation to do anything the past few days. I'm catching up now and will post soon.
NPeGYYg.pngkoIykzQ.png
Okay, here is my reads list right now after catching up. Unfortunately, I'm having a lot of trouble reading people, and don't have any strong scum reads, but I'll do the best I can.

Tsaiah - I pretty much feel that Tsaiah is town, but just because I'm always nervous just assuming their town, I do want to point out a few things. Tsaiah was one of the last to vote for FM, and agreed with Wintry that they would have preferred to lynch Limelight, who ended up being town. I personally felt that FM was acting more clearly scummy than Limelight, which is why i voted for them. However, Tsaiah is often one of the last to vote even as town, and Wintry said the same thing and was town. So, I'm still pretty sure Tsaiah's town.

blanketgender - I think I'm going to go back and look closer at their posts, as I think they're known for being very towny even as scum. So right now I have a pretty good town read, but I'm going to go back and look carefully to make sure I still feel that they're town.

raiccoon - I am pretty sure raiccoon is town, as they seem to be asking good questions and just have a very towny tone in their posts.

Bearclaws - I'm finding them very hard to read, but they seem somewhat scummy, and one thing about their defense (and also Stormdreamer's read on them) is that mafia could very well decide to defend town for towncred. Mafia know who's town, so being certain someone is town after a certain claim can be something scum does because they know that the player is town. Sometimes defending a town player is worth the risk of losing a mislynch on that player to get town points for scum. So, since I have a pretty good town read on everyone else, and since they have said some suspicious things, Bearclaws does seem somewhat scummy.

Stormdreamer - I tend to always find them suspicious in most of the games I've played, but I still don't like they're attempt to defend FM and then worry about being considered FM's scum buddy, and Stormdreamer's defense of Bearclaws as mentioned above could very well be scum trying to defend their teammate. Because of that, Stormdreamer is my strongest scum read right now.
Okay, here is my reads list right now after catching up. Unfortunately, I'm having a lot of trouble reading people, and don't have any strong scum reads, but I'll do the best I can.

Tsaiah - I pretty much feel that Tsaiah is town, but just because I'm always nervous just assuming their town, I do want to point out a few things. Tsaiah was one of the last to vote for FM, and agreed with Wintry that they would have preferred to lynch Limelight, who ended up being town. I personally felt that FM was acting more clearly scummy than Limelight, which is why i voted for them. However, Tsaiah is often one of the last to vote even as town, and Wintry said the same thing and was town. So, I'm still pretty sure Tsaiah's town.

blanketgender - I think I'm going to go back and look closer at their posts, as I think they're known for being very towny even as scum. So right now I have a pretty good town read, but I'm going to go back and look carefully to make sure I still feel that they're town.

raiccoon - I am pretty sure raiccoon is town, as they seem to be asking good questions and just have a very towny tone in their posts.

Bearclaws - I'm finding them very hard to read, but they seem somewhat scummy, and one thing about their defense (and also Stormdreamer's read on them) is that mafia could very well decide to defend town for towncred. Mafia know who's town, so being certain someone is town after a certain claim can be something scum does because they know that the player is town. Sometimes defending a town player is worth the risk of losing a mislynch on that player to get town points for scum. So, since I have a pretty good town read on everyone else, and since they have said some suspicious things, Bearclaws does seem somewhat scummy.

Stormdreamer - I tend to always find them suspicious in most of the games I've played, but I still don't like they're attempt to defend FM and then worry about being considered FM's scum buddy, and Stormdreamer's defense of Bearclaws as mentioned above could very well be scum trying to defend their teammate. Because of that, Stormdreamer is my strongest scum read right now.
NPeGYYg.pngkoIykzQ.png
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 85 86