Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Sign-ups] Mystery of Cullshrike Library
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][img]http://imgur.com/eEtnmeo.png[/img] [font= Constantia][size=4][i]You have been cordially invited to participate in the book club meeting being held at the Cullshrike Memorial Library in Dragonhome. There will be adventure, mystery, and, of course, snacks! Whether you are keen on literature or not, the event will be spectacular and sure to please.[/i][/size][/font][/center] The note ends with directions and a signature much unlike the formal tone of the invitation itself. Attached to the note (or, rather, the other way around) is a real whopper of a book: it's some 300-page door-stopper called [i]Fallen Angels[/i] by Codec Granville. Thumbing through the book leads you to believe that whoever wrote the note must be overly excitable, but the event itself doesn't sound despicable. There will even be food, just in case the book is a total flop! You mark your calendar and make plans to go. As the day of the book club meeting arrives, you find yourself more than a little compelled to go. There's something enchanting about Cullshrike, something that's difficult to put into words; before you know it, you're lost in the cavernous depths (both literal and figurative ones) that the library offers. Spaces between shelves and shelf-end statues grow smaller as you fall deeper into the rabbit hole. There isn't a soul in sight, and if you don't find someone to give you directions soon, you'll be late to the meeting. [b][color=#1c7199]"Um, excuse me! This section is for library personnel only. I'm so sorry about that."[/color][/b] ... Who said that? [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29778786][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/297788/29778786_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The statuesque Snapper slowly creaks to life before pointing to the crumpled note in your hands. [b][color=#1c7199]"Ah! The book club invite! Did you get lost on your way?"[/color][/b] You explain what happened to the Snapper. She finds it disheartening that her directions weren't all that clear, but after some non-sequitur small talk from her end, she leads you to the book club meeting room. It's a quaint place, quietly decorated and filled with shorter bookshelves than the rest of the library. You comment on this, and she beams: [b][color=#1c7199]"Stellar! I love it lots."[/color][/b] She then goes out of her way to introduce herself to you, but before you've got much of a chance to respond, she's already dragging a chair up to the head of the gigantic meeting table. [b][color=#1c7199]"Okay, here we go! As soon as Absinthe arrives, we can start the meeting. We're talking about my favorite book today!"[/color][/b] She beams again, smiling so hard that she squints. [b][color=#1c7199]"[i]Fallen Angels[/i] is its name,"[/color][/b] she holds up the book as she says this, eyes sparkling. [b][color=#1c7199]"It's one of Codec Granville's many murder mystery novels."[/color][/b]
eEtnmeo.png
You have been cordially invited to participate in the book club meeting being held at the Cullshrike Memorial Library in Dragonhome. There will be adventure, mystery, and, of course, snacks! Whether you are keen on literature or not, the event will be spectacular and sure to please.

The note ends with directions and a signature much unlike the formal tone of the invitation itself. Attached to the note (or, rather, the other way around) is a real whopper of a book: it's some 300-page door-stopper called Fallen Angels by Codec Granville. Thumbing through the book leads you to believe that whoever wrote the note must be overly excitable, but the event itself doesn't sound despicable. There will even be food, just in case the book is a total flop! You mark your calendar and make plans to go.

As the day of the book club meeting arrives, you find yourself more than a little compelled to go. There's something enchanting about Cullshrike, something that's difficult to put into words; before you know it, you're lost in the cavernous depths (both literal and figurative ones) that the library offers. Spaces between shelves and shelf-end statues grow smaller as you fall deeper into the rabbit hole. There isn't a soul in sight, and if you don't find someone to give you directions soon, you'll be late to the meeting.

"Um, excuse me! This section is for library personnel only. I'm so sorry about that."

... Who said that?

29778786_350.png

The statuesque Snapper slowly creaks to life before pointing to the crumpled note in your hands. "Ah! The book club invite! Did you get lost on your way?"

You explain what happened to the Snapper. She finds it disheartening that her directions weren't all that clear, but after some non-sequitur small talk from her end, she leads you to the book club meeting room. It's a quaint place, quietly decorated and filled with shorter bookshelves than the rest of the library. You comment on this, and she beams: "Stellar! I love it lots." She then goes out of her way to introduce herself to you, but before you've got much of a chance to respond, she's already dragging a chair up to the head of the gigantic meeting table.

"Okay, here we go! As soon as Absinthe arrives, we can start the meeting. We're talking about my favorite book today!" She beams again, smiling so hard that she squints. "Fallen Angels is its name," she holds up the book as she says this, eyes sparkling. "It's one of Codec Granville's many murder mystery novels."
pepis_by_minecr_aft-dbxskxp.gif

• Marc • he/him • Iban Peranakan • FR -02:00 / UTC -10:00, no DST •
Former Earth Dom Organization Council

1sAnyd1.gif
bisexual_pride_by_my_world_is_split-dbjdpzj.png

03XKUqf.png
[center][size=5]R[/size][size=4]ULES AND[/size] [size=5]G[/size][size=4]UIDELINES[/size][/center] ----------------- [u]Roleplaying-specific rules[/u] [list=1] [*][i]The Mystery of Cullshrike Library[/i] is an RP-style mafia. This means that you have to choose one dragon to roleplay as (It’s National Library Week, after all!) and stick to your dragon’s personality throughout the whole game while attempting to lynch the other team. [list] [*]This means that all of the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/256817]roleplaying etiquette rules[/url] apply: respect other users as well as refrain from [url=http://springhole.net/writing/roleplaying-and-fanfiction-terms.htm]godmodding, powerplaying/bunnying, or metagaming.[/url] [/list] [*]@MisfitsLanding co-moderates this thread. You can ask them for any clarification on the rules, too. [*]This mafia is open to players of all skill levels in both roleplay and mafia skill. Don’t feel any pressure if you’re not familiar with either but just want to have fun! [*]There is neither a minimum post requirement nor a post limit. There is no “secret code” that you have to put in every post that may reveal your role. [*]The only post requirements are to have an image of or link to your dragon in each of your posts as well as to ping anyone who you are interacting with. [list] [*]You can make custom portraits of your own for expressing emotions if you want! Go wild! [*]Want to put in the dragon’s image as seen on the lair page? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29778786][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/297788/29778786.png[/img][/url] [code][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29778786][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/297788/29778786.png[/img][/url][/code] Click the “Generate Code” button on your dragon’s individual page and copy the BBCode. Remove the “_350” in between your dragon’s ID number and “.png” and change “/350/” to “/avatars/”. Alternatively, you could copy only the part in between /350/ and “_350.png” and replace the numbers in the above code with your dragon’s numbers. Still too hard? Just copy the image link from your lair page. [*]Prefer the dragon’s icon portrait? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29778786][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/297788/29778786p.png[/img][/url] [code][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29778786][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/297788/29778786p.png[/img][/url][/code] Click the “Generate Code” button on your dragon’s individual page and copy the BBCode. Change the “_350” in between your dragon’s ID number and “.png” to “p” and change “/350/” to “/portraits/”. Alternatively, you could copy only the part in between /350/ and “_350.png” and replace the numbers in the above code with your dragon’s numbers. Still too hard? Just copy the image link from the “change avatar” menu. [/list] [*]Do not assume anything to exist if it hasn't explicitly been shown or stated. [*]Non-player characters won't lie, but if they don't know an answer, they won't be able to tell you. [*]Real life happens, and if you need to be away for a while, let me know. However, this will not protect you from being lynched! [*]Your first infraction of these rules will result in me or MisfitsLanding admonishing you on this thread. Your second infraction of these rules will result in you being kicked from the game. [/list] [u]Mafia-specific rules[/u] [list=1] [*]Day and night last one real day each. The official beginning of a new day/night is at rollover (midnight FR time). [*]Each player will be assigned a team, and a few special players will be given a "power role," a là Ultimate Werewolf. [b]You are not allowed to reveal the role or team of another player unless your role allows you to. Without the proper credentials, revealing the role or team of another player is grounds for you being kicked from the game.[/b] You are allowed to reveal [i]your own[/i] role or team; however, this is generally regarded as a bad idea. Unless you [i]absolutely[/i] know what you’re doing, I do not recommend this. [*]There are two teams: the [i]Crows[/i] (“mafia”/“werewolves”/“scum”) and the [i]Shrikes[/i] (“townies”/“villagers”). Crows vote to lynch other players during the night and win once the number of Shrikes is equal to or less than the number of living Crow players. By the way, in order to have your application accepted, you need to have the phrase [i]banana split[/i] somewhere in your post. Don’t allude to this being the secret code! Back to the topic on hand, Shrikes can attempt to lynch other players during daytime and win once all of the Crows have been lynched. [*]There will be two puzzles issued each day. One allows the Shrikes' day vote to come into play, and the other allows the Crows to get their night lynch. There will never be any indication which one is which, however; a Crow can unknowingly solve the Shrikes' puzzle and vice-versa. The puzzles don't need to be solved on the day that they are issued, or at all, even, but the first player to post the correct solution to a puzzle in this thread will earn a prize. [list][*]Solving a puzzle late won't result in delayed actions taking place. If you fail to solve a puzzle before the day ends, then the Shrikes won't get their votes counted. Likewise, Crows won't be able to lynch if they can't solve their puzzle in time. [*]Lynch votes must be [b]emboldened[/b] in your post somewhere, though they need not be in-character. You are allowed to change them as many times as you like (by editing your post) until the post-editing grace period has passed. [*]Discussion from the day may continue on into the night, but public lynch votes may not be made during the night. Likewise, Crows may not lynch during the day, and role effects cannot be used during this time either.[/list] [*]The two special roles are both Shrike roles. The first special role is the doctor, who can choose a player to protect from a Crow attack once per night (but never against the same target twice in a row). The second special role is the seer, who can discover another player's team (and special role, should they have one) once per night. [list][*]Any role powers can only be used during the night unless explicitly stated. [*]You are not required to use your role powers if you don’t want to.[/list] [*]You may edit your posts as much as you'd like until five minutes after a day or night has passed, but please refrain from deleting them. [b]If you edit your post six minutes or more after the phase has passed, you’ll be kicked from the game.[/b] [*]Once the game starts, you'll be kicked if you don't respond in this thread for five days without letting me or MisfitsLanding know. [*]Private correspondence between or among players is allowed and encouraged. [list][*][b]However, do not use external information to convict a player of aligning with a certain team ("metagame").[/b] This includes screenshots of PMs (they’re called [i]private[/i] messages for a reason!), chat logs, and so on. [*]This should go without saying, but you shouldn't reveal what you've been privately discussing with other players in this thread unless you both have permission to do so and know exactly what you're doing.[/list] [*]There are no “clues” in this mafia. Nothing about your dragon's colors, genes, apparel, gender, familiar, and so on will be used to expose your team. Any Seer can still see a player's true role, however. [size=6][color=red][b]I feel like I have to make this super-duper, [i]extra[/i] clear. Do not wait for any clues as to who has which role or who’s scum and who isn’t. [u]Beyond anything the Seer discovers, there are no clues.[/u] Passing on lynching due to “lack of evidence” will make your team lose [i]very quickly[/i].[/b][/color][/size] [*]You are allowed to change your dragon's apparel, familiar, and so on while the mafia is running due to the “no clues” rule. [*]At the end of a day, if you have received the majority vote, you have been lynched. [b]There is no revival from lynching. All deaths are final. You cannot make any more in-character posts once your dragon has been lynched.[/b] [*][b]Remember, this is just a game.[/b] Please be polite to others and be a gracious loser or winner. [/list]
RULES AND GUIDELINES

Roleplaying-specific rules
  1. The Mystery of Cullshrike Library is an RP-style mafia. This means that you have to choose one dragon to roleplay as (It’s National Library Week, after all!) and stick to your dragon’s personality throughout the whole game while attempting to lynch the other team.
  2. @MisfitsLanding co-moderates this thread. You can ask them for any clarification on the rules, too.
  3. This mafia is open to players of all skill levels in both roleplay and mafia skill. Don’t feel any pressure if you’re not familiar with either but just want to have fun!
  4. There is neither a minimum post requirement nor a post limit. There is no “secret code” that you have to put in every post that may reveal your role.
  5. The only post requirements are to have an image of or link to your dragon in each of your posts as well as to ping anyone who you are interacting with.
    • You can make custom portraits of your own for expressing emotions if you want! Go wild!
    • Want to put in the dragon’s image as seen on the lair page?
      29778786.png
      Code:
      [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29778786][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/297788/29778786.png[/img][/url]
      Click the “Generate Code” button on your dragon’s individual page and copy the BBCode. Remove the “_350” in between your dragon’s ID number and “.png” and change “/350/” to “/avatars/”. Alternatively, you could copy only the part in between /350/ and “_350.png” and replace the numbers in the above code with your dragon’s numbers. Still too hard? Just copy the image link from your lair page.
    • Prefer the dragon’s icon portrait?
      29778786p.png
      Code:
      [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29778786][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/297788/29778786p.png[/img][/url]
      Click the “Generate Code” button on your dragon’s individual page and copy the BBCode. Change the “_350” in between your dragon’s ID number and “.png” to “p” and change “/350/” to “/portraits/”. Alternatively, you could copy only the part in between /350/ and “_350.png” and replace the numbers in the above code with your dragon’s numbers. Still too hard? Just copy the image link from the “change avatar” menu.
  6. Do not assume anything to exist if it hasn't explicitly been shown or stated.
  7. Non-player characters won't lie, but if they don't know an answer, they won't be able to tell you.
  8. Real life happens, and if you need to be away for a while, let me know. However, this will not protect you from being lynched!
  9. Your first infraction of these rules will result in me or MisfitsLanding admonishing you on this thread. Your second infraction of these rules will result in you being kicked from the game.

Mafia-specific rules
  1. Day and night last one real day each. The official beginning of a new day/night is at rollover (midnight FR time).
  2. Each player will be assigned a team, and a few special players will be given a "power role," a là Ultimate Werewolf. You are not allowed to reveal the role or team of another player unless your role allows you to. Without the proper credentials, revealing the role or team of another player is grounds for you being kicked from the game. You are allowed to reveal your own role or team; however, this is generally regarded as a bad idea. Unless you absolutely know what you’re doing, I do not recommend this.
  3. There are two teams: the Crows (“mafia”/“werewolves”/“scum”) and the Shrikes (“townies”/“villagers”). Crows vote to lynch other players during the night and win once the number of Shrikes is equal to or less than the number of living Crow players. By the way, in order to have your application accepted, you need to have the phrase banana split somewhere in your post. Don’t allude to this being the secret code! Back to the topic on hand, Shrikes can attempt to lynch other players during daytime and win once all of the Crows have been lynched.
  4. There will be two puzzles issued each day. One allows the Shrikes' day vote to come into play, and the other allows the Crows to get their night lynch. There will never be any indication which one is which, however; a Crow can unknowingly solve the Shrikes' puzzle and vice-versa. The puzzles don't need to be solved on the day that they are issued, or at all, even, but the first player to post the correct solution to a puzzle in this thread will earn a prize.
    • Solving a puzzle late won't result in delayed actions taking place. If you fail to solve a puzzle before the day ends, then the Shrikes won't get their votes counted. Likewise, Crows won't be able to lynch if they can't solve their puzzle in time.
    • Lynch votes must be emboldened in your post somewhere, though they need not be in-character. You are allowed to change them as many times as you like (by editing your post) until the post-editing grace period has passed.
    • Discussion from the day may continue on into the night, but public lynch votes may not be made during the night. Likewise, Crows may not lynch during the day, and role effects cannot be used during this time either.
  5. The two special roles are both Shrike roles. The first special role is the doctor, who can choose a player to protect from a Crow attack once per night (but never against the same target twice in a row). The second special role is the seer, who can discover another player's team (and special role, should they have one) once per night.
    • Any role powers can only be used during the night unless explicitly stated.
    • You are not required to use your role powers if you don’t want to.
  6. You may edit your posts as much as you'd like until five minutes after a day or night has passed, but please refrain from deleting them. If you edit your post six minutes or more after the phase has passed, you’ll be kicked from the game.
  7. Once the game starts, you'll be kicked if you don't respond in this thread for five days without letting me or MisfitsLanding know.
  8. Private correspondence between or among players is allowed and encouraged.
    • However, do not use external information to convict a player of aligning with a certain team ("metagame"). This includes screenshots of PMs (they’re called private messages for a reason!), chat logs, and so on.
    • This should go without saying, but you shouldn't reveal what you've been privately discussing with other players in this thread unless you both have permission to do so and know exactly what you're doing.
  9. There are no “clues” in this mafia. Nothing about your dragon's colors, genes, apparel, gender, familiar, and so on will be used to expose your team. Any Seer can still see a player's true role, however.
    I feel like I have to make this super-duper, extra clear. Do not wait for any clues as to who has which role or who’s scum and who isn’t. Beyond anything the Seer discovers, there are no clues. Passing on lynching due to “lack of evidence” will make your team lose very quickly.
  10. You are allowed to change your dragon's apparel, familiar, and so on while the mafia is running due to the “no clues” rule.
  11. At the end of a day, if you have received the majority vote, you have been lynched. There is no revival from lynching. All deaths are final. You cannot make any more in-character posts once your dragon has been lynched.
  12. Remember, this is just a game. Please be polite to others and be a gracious loser or winner.

1sAnyd1.gif

03XKUqf.png
[center][size=5]R[/size][size=4]ESOURCE[/size] [size=5]L[/size][size=4]INKS[/size][/center] ---------------- [list] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2161220]Out-of-Character Thread[/url]: for anything you might have to say that isn't in-character. [*][url=http://discord.gg/Za6BH9t]Discord Server:[/url] in case you'd prefer to discuss the game here. [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1542251]Interflight Mafia Hub[/url]: contains mafia terminology as well as other mafia games. [*][url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)]Wikipedia page on Mafia[/url]: this page should give you a basic rundown of the game if you are unfamiliar with it. [*][url=http://springhole.net/]Springhole.net[/url]: this site contains some very helpful articles on writing, roleplaying, and more. [list] [*][url=http://springhole.net/writing/introduction-to-roleplaying.htm]An Introduction to Roleplaying[/url] [*][url=http://springhole.net/writing/general-roleplaying-tips-and-advice.htm]Roleplaying Tips and Advice[/url] [*][url=http://springhole.net/writing/common-problems-in-roleplaying-characters.htm]Common Problems in Roleplaying Characters[/url] [*][url=http://springhole.net/writing/roleplaying-and-fanfiction-terms.htm]Roleplaying and Fanfiction Terms[/url] [*][url=http://springhole.net/writing/common-roleplayer-mistakes.htm]Common Game-Ruining Mistakes Roleplayers May Make[/url] [/list] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/256817]Roleplaying Etiquette[/url]: this should give you a basic idea of what roleplayers on FR expect. [/list]
RESOURCE LINKS

1sAnyd1.gif

03XKUqf.png
[center][size=5]P[/size][size=4]LAYER[/size] [size=5]L[/size][size=4]IST[/size][/center] ---------------- [list=1] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/214241]limpinglizards #214241[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31956735]Tyhja[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/187495]Amorah #187495[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29595189]Odelia[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/185174]Oricole #185174[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17567882]Inigo Noct[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/196837]Elementis #196837[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18525357]Aire[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/186620]Imani #186620[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29883057]Cecil[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/310209]SpiderLondon #310209[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32159326]Tohru[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/247124]PositiveDragon #247124[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30938936]Zephyr[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/133144]KoenigVII #133144[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30663090]Solis[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/196708]Kairo #196708[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31791005]Ilyaas[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/236640]Stormdreamer #236640[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22331090]Aiden[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/309515]CaucasionOvch #309515[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32507398]Amora[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/66554]ophician #66554[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29208200]Roscoe[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/304201]Airplanefoxx #304201[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32538123]Julien Gray[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/267823]Miye27 #267823[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27680777]Verrill[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/315915]SheepyPeanut #315915[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12199681]Orchidfoot[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/231639]Faeyra #231639[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28044982]Valora[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/9199]Cognitive #9199[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24934866]Azdric[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/47599]lilflowerprince #47599[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2987758]Serell[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/31748]Akal #31748[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9227543]Heaven[/url] [*]Hiss? [*]Mismas? [*] [*] [*] [*] [/list] [list] [*](Admin) [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/88906]SaintPepsi #88906[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29778786]Panthalassa[/url] [*](Admin) [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/235450]MisfitsLanding #235450[/url] with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28368387]Absinthe[/url] [/list]
PLAYER LIST

1. limpinglizards #214241 with Tyhja
  2. Amorah #187495 with Odelia
  3. Oricole #185174 with Inigo Noct
  4. Elementis #196837 with Aire
  5. Imani #186620 with Cecil
  6. SpiderLondon #310209 with Tohru
  7. PositiveDragon #247124 with Zephyr
  8. KoenigVII #133144 with Solis
  9. Kairo #196708 with Ilyaas
  10. Stormdreamer #236640 with Aiden
  11. CaucasionOvch #309515 with Amora
  12. ophician #66554 with Roscoe
  13. Airplanefoxx #304201 with Julien Gray
  14. Miye27 #267823 with Verrill
  15. SheepyPeanut #315915 with Orchidfoot
  16. Faeyra #231639 with Valora
  17. Cognitive #9199 with Azdric
  18. lilflowerprince #47599 with Serell
  19. Akal #31748 with Heaven
  20. Hiss?
  21. Mismas?

1sAnyd1.gif

03XKUqf.png
[center][size=5]L[/size][size=4]IST OF[/size] [size=5]N[/size][size=4]ON-[/size][size=5]P[/size][size=4]LAYER[/size] [size=5]C[/size][size=4]HARACTERS[/size][/center] --------------------- [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29778786][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/297788/29778786p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29778786][size=5]P[/size][size=4]ANTHALASSA[/size][/url] • [size=5]L[/size][size=4]IBRARIAN[/size] • [i]Introduced: Day 0[/i] Panthalassa sent out the invitations to the book club. She's peppy, positive, and chatty, but she's also impulsive, competitive, and fickle. [i]Ping SaintPepsi to talk to Panthalassa.[/i][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28368387][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/283684/28368387p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28368387][size=5]A[/size][size=4]BSINTHE[/size][/url] • [size=5]L[/size][size=4]IBRARIAN[/size] • [i]Introduced: Day 0[/i] Absinthe isn't particularly talkative, but when she does have something to say, it is almost always of great worth. [i]Ping MisfitsLanding to talk to Absinthe.[/i][/columns]
LIST OF NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS

29778786p.png PANTHALASSALIBRARIANIntroduced: Day 0
Panthalassa sent out the invitations to the book club. She's peppy, positive, and chatty, but she's also impulsive, competitive, and fickle.
Ping SaintPepsi to talk to Panthalassa.
28368387p.png ABSINTHELIBRARIANIntroduced: Day 0
Absinthe isn't particularly talkative, but when she does have something to say, it is almost always of great worth.
Ping MisfitsLanding to talk to Absinthe.

1sAnyd1.gif

03XKUqf.png
[center][size=5]A[/size][size=4]PPLICATION[/size] [size=5]T[/size][size=4]EMPLATE[/size][/center] ----------------------- [center]Image goes here. Include the dragon's page URL.[/center] [b]Username and user ID number:[/b] Self-explanatory. [b]Dragon's name:[/b] Names, nicknames, and the like go here. [b]Personality:[/b] List a few quick, defining personality traits here. The point is to understand what kind of dragon you're roleplaying as so others can act accordingly. [b]Appearance:[/b] Any deviations from the standard FR image go here. Again, the point is to understand what kind of dragon you're roleplaying as so others can act accordingly. [b]Notes:[/b] Anything else that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here. Most importantly, if your dragon uses a set of pronouns that aren't mentioned elsewhere in the form, put them here. [code][center]Image goes here[/center] [b]Username and user ID number:[/b] [b]Dragon's name:[/b] [b]Personality:[/b] [b]Appearance:[/b] [b]Notes:[/b] [/code] If you want to sign up as a substitute player, please write that in your notes. If you want to sign up as a spectator, just ping me and say so; there's no form needed for that. ------------- Example form: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17992291][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/179923/17992291_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [b]Username and user ID number:[/b] HBDinovaldo #88906 [b]Dragon's name:[/b] Aphelion Photosynthesis. He is commonly referred to as just "Photosynthesis," though some (either those he is close with or those who like to spite him) opt to refer to him on a first-name basis. [b]Personality:[/b] Jumpy, passionate, ambitious, doleful, dramatic, easily tired [b]Appearance:[/b] Dangly, underfed, not particularly hygienic, dirt-covered. There are bags under his eyes and burn scars on his hands. [b]Notes:[/b] Aphelion's second name was adopted so as to keep a distance from others. He is a scientist who studied time travel for years until an accident caused his mate to turn into a bundle of light without any apparent means of changing back. Aphelion has since been studying anything he can get his claws on in order to change his mate back. Here is a quick explanation of why the way I filled this out works to help others know what kind of character Aphelion is: [LIST] [*]The personality traits [i]jumpy, passionate, ambitious,[/i] and [i]dramatic[/i] show that he is a comical fellow, though when he needs to focus on work, he can, as shown in his notes. [*]However, his dolefulness and his apparent lack of self-care show that he's also somewhat sunken, likely due to his lab accident. [*]Aphelion's lack of self-care and burn scars also imply that he's careless about self-preservation. [*]His preference for others to call him by his second name, a more professional gesture, emphasizes that he's socially withdrawn. [*]In general, others can infer that he's a hard-working scientist who's lost face to work. His somber, easily-startled nature would likely conflict with peppier characters' actions, and mentioning lab accidents or lost loved ones around him would likely elicit a strong response. [/LIST]
APPLICATION TEMPLATE

Image goes here. Include the dragon's page URL.

Username and user ID number: Self-explanatory.
Dragon's name: Names, nicknames, and the like go here.
Personality: List a few quick, defining personality traits here. The point is to understand what kind of dragon you're roleplaying as so others can act accordingly.
Appearance: Any deviations from the standard FR image go here. Again, the point is to understand what kind of dragon you're roleplaying as so others can act accordingly.
Notes: Anything else that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here. Most importantly, if your dragon uses a set of pronouns that aren't mentioned elsewhere in the form, put them here.

Code:
[center]Image goes here[/center] [b]Username and user ID number:[/b] [b]Dragon's name:[/b] [b]Personality:[/b] [b]Appearance:[/b] [b]Notes:[/b]

If you want to sign up as a substitute player, please write that in your notes. If you want to sign up as a spectator, just ping me and say so; there's no form needed for that.

Example form:
17992291_350.png

Username and user ID number: HBDinovaldo #88906
Dragon's name: Aphelion Photosynthesis. He is commonly referred to as just "Photosynthesis," though some (either those he is close with or those who like to spite him) opt to refer to him on a first-name basis.
Personality: Jumpy, passionate, ambitious, doleful, dramatic, easily tired
Appearance: Dangly, underfed, not particularly hygienic, dirt-covered. There are bags under his eyes and burn scars on his hands.
Notes: Aphelion's second name was adopted so as to keep a distance from others. He is a scientist who studied time travel for years until an accident caused his mate to turn into a bundle of light without any apparent means of changing back. Aphelion has since been studying anything he can get his claws on in order to change his mate back.

Here is a quick explanation of why the way I filled this out works to help others know what kind of character Aphelion is:
  • The personality traits jumpy, passionate, ambitious, and dramatic show that he is a comical fellow, though when he needs to focus on work, he can, as shown in his notes.
  • However, his dolefulness and his apparent lack of self-care show that he's also somewhat sunken, likely due to his lab accident.
  • Aphelion's lack of self-care and burn scars also imply that he's careless about self-preservation.
  • His preference for others to call him by his second name, a more professional gesture, emphasizes that he's socially withdrawn.
  • In general, others can infer that he's a hard-working scientist who's lost face to work. His somber, easily-startled nature would likely conflict with peppier characters' actions, and mentioning lab accidents or lost loved ones around him would likely elicit a strong response.

1sAnyd1.gif

03XKUqf.png
PLOT RECAP

Summarizations will be added as the game progresses. Highlight the blacked-out text to read it.

Sign-ups: Pages 2 - current
PLOT RECAP

Summarizations will be added as the game progresses. Highlight the blacked-out text to read it.

Sign-ups: Pages 2 - current

1sAnyd1.gif

03XKUqf.png
PUZZLE LIST

Two puzzles will be added every day the game progresses.

Active puzzles
  • None

Solved puzzles
  • None
PUZZLE LIST

Two puzzles will be added every day the game progresses.

Active puzzles
  • None

Solved puzzles
  • None

1sAnyd1.gif

03XKUqf.png
SPECIAL THANKS

clm: for suggesting that a game like this should be held during the push.
Condemned: for finding and consolidating all the links to the other activities into one post.
Escalus: for being my beta reader.
Hellan: for some seriously sick art skills on those banners, yo.
SoulSorbet: for hosting the mafia that inspired me to host one myself.
You: for reading the thread!
SPECIAL THANKS

clm: for suggesting that a game like this should be held during the push.
Condemned: for finding and consolidating all the links to the other activities into one post.
Escalus: for being my beta reader.
Hellan: for some seriously sick art skills on those banners, yo.
SoulSorbet: for hosting the mafia that inspired me to host one myself.
You: for reading the thread!

1sAnyd1.gif

03XKUqf.png
[center][img]http://imgur.com/dJMPrZe.png[/img] [size=5]T[/size][size=4]HIS[/size] [size=5]W[/size][size=4]EEK'S[/size] [size=5]A[/size][size=4]CTIVITIES[/size][/center] -------------- Thanks so much for supporting us during Earth Flight's Library Week push! This post lists all of the Earth-hosted activities that were happening during that week. [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/2159620][img]http://i.imgur.com/nSiNmG9.png[/img] [img]http://imgur.com/mze00PR.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fd1/2159471][img]http://i.imgur.com/WVYCyVI.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2159515][img]http://orig15.deviantart.net/45fb/f/2017/096/b/0/book_banner_title_by_redsparrow13-db4v4we.png[/img][/url] ^^^(You can buy my art here this week!)^^^ [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2158402][img]http://imgur.com/k4Qy1cX.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl1/2160817][img]http://imgur.com/cAu7Rkh.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2160966]Dragon Grab Bags[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2160977]Coliseum Challenge[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2160983]Pictogram Puzzles[/url][/center]
dJMPrZe.png
THIS WEEK'S ACTIVITIES

Thanks so much for supporting us during Earth Flight's Library Week push! This post lists all of the Earth-hosted activities that were happening during that week.

nSiNmG9.png
mze00PR.png

WVYCyVI.png
book_banner_title_by_redsparrow13-db4v4we.png
^^^(You can buy my art here this week!)^^^
k4Qy1cX.png
cAu7Rkh.png

Dragon Grab Bags
Coliseum Challenge
Pictogram Puzzles