Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Ask a Dragon!
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 1517 1518
[quote name="LunarParadox" date=2017-02-19 21:57:17] Nyx, how did you feel when the plans for your future were changed? Was it a relief or a disappointment that you would not be joining the ranks of the Windsinger's Exalted? [/quote] @LunarParadox [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/1751/175057p.png[/img] [nextcol] 'Considering that I asked to stay with the clan, not the other way 'round, not disappointed at all." Nyx replies. "Amarayne just proved to be a very entertaining audience, one I'd never had before, and I finally felt at home. While the honor of being Exalted is nothing to turn one's nose up at, it's not a life that's for everyone, and it's certainly not for me. I suppose that means it was a relief, but I was never really apprehensive about it. I didn't think much of it until I had a reason to stay. So here I am!"
LunarParadox wrote on 2017-02-19:
Nyx, how did you feel when the plans for your future were changed? Was it a relief or a disappointment that you would not be joining the ranks of the Windsinger's Exalted?
@LunarParadox
175057p.png 'Considering that I asked to stay with the clan, not the other way 'round, not disappointed at all." Nyx replies. "Amarayne just proved to be a very entertaining audience, one I'd never had before, and I finally felt at home. While the honor of being Exalted is nothing to turn one's nose up at, it's not a life that's for everyone, and it's certainly not for me. I suppose that means it was a relief, but I was never really apprehensive about it. I didn't think much of it until I had a reason to stay. So here I am!"
MT5WnDw.pngZPHN6ju.pngMT5WnDw.png
@Amarayne [quote name="Amarayne" date=2017-02-19 17:50:20] Do you ever interact with other true dragons, even for short lengths of time? Do you find it hard to fit in with them since you've been with your clan of other beings taking dragon form, or if it is hard to relate was it always so? [/quote] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25503411] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/255035/25503411p.png[/img] [/url][nextcol] He tilted his head in thought, flicking a crest. "Mm, I don't really see other actual dragons much unless I travel further out of our territory than usual or Ana-approved travelers stay a while. When I do, though, it is pretty hard to... fit in with them. I have lived with other types of beings since I can remember, so I have never quite learned the ins and outs of most draconic civilities or such things. They don't pay much attention to that, you see." Sylvus blinked. "My inability to read the mood, as Nameless calls it in much simpler words, may also be a factor in my lack of 'fitting in'."
@Amarayne
Amarayne wrote on 2017-02-19:
Do you ever interact with other true dragons, even for short lengths of time? Do you find it hard to fit in with them since you've been with your clan of other beings taking dragon form, or if it is hard to relate was it always so?

25503411p.png

He tilted his head in thought, flicking a crest. "Mm, I don't really see other actual dragons much unless I travel further out of our territory than usual or Ana-approved travelers stay a while. When I do, though, it is pretty hard to... fit in with them. I have lived with other types of beings since I can remember, so I have never quite learned the ins and outs of most draconic civilities or such things. They don't pay much attention to that, you see." Sylvus blinked. "My inability to read the mood, as Nameless calls it in much simpler words, may also be a factor in my lack of 'fitting in'."
.............ZRFPHFU.png
Amri/Abyss || FR+3 || They/Them
zu5O19Q.png
Lore Thread || Tumblr || Toyhouse
zu5O19Q.png
Wish List || Goal List
DaxXxIb.png
@Amarayne [quote name="Amarayne" date=2017-02-19 21:24:40] Zemorah, why do you like selling? Are you any good at it? What sorts of things are your preferred merchandise? [/quote] [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/219728/21972741p.png?mtime=WKdUvwAAMQY.png[/img][nextcol] [font=times new roman]"My uncle Phaedonas first discovered my talent for bargaining; being a merchant himself- so he put it to work early on," She replied casually, whilst tidying up some of her fabric stock. "But I discovered my affinity for the practice on my own," She began. "You see, I love to travel and meet other dragons. It helps me paint a picture of Sornieth beyond what little I know of it back in Dragonhome. So What better way to do it than to be a merchant?" She grinned, carefully picking up an intricate red and gold tapestry from her stock. "There is also, of course, my love of material goods. It is my personal belief that each piece of merchandise I encounter harbors an untold story. Take this tapestry, for instance-" She held the tapestry before you, its golden fibers shimmering in the sunlight. "Who do you suppose made it? And what for? What was its purpose? How did it end up in a dragon's hands?" She inquired rhetorically, her four brown eyes studying you intently. "Such are the questions that arise with every new valuable I come across." She carefully folded up the tapestry and stacked it neatly on top of the rest of her stock. Before facing you once more, she turned for a moment to grab something out of her pocket. She then held out what was in her hands- a ruby ring, a rose petal, and a ruby brooch. "These little things are by far my favorite, however," She smiled. "Rubies and Roses." she described, stroking the rose petal with her finger. But you find your eyes drifting back towards the folded tapestry as she returns the items to her pocket. Without so much as a glance towards you, she responds to your actions. "Oh, that old thing? It's yours for a couple hundred!"
@Amarayne
Amarayne wrote on 2017-02-19:
Zemorah, why do you like selling? Are you any good at it? What sorts of things are your preferred merchandise?
21972741p.png?mtime=WKdUvwAAMQY.png "My uncle Phaedonas first discovered my talent for bargaining; being a merchant himself- so he put it to work early on," She replied casually, whilst tidying up some of her fabric stock. "But I discovered my affinity for the practice on my own," She began. "You see, I love to travel and meet other dragons. It helps me paint a picture of Sornieth beyond what little I know of it back in Dragonhome. So What better way to do it than to be a merchant?" She grinned, carefully picking up an intricate red and gold tapestry from her stock. "There is also, of course, my love of material goods. It is my personal belief that each piece of merchandise I encounter harbors an untold story. Take this tapestry, for instance-" She held the tapestry before you, its golden fibers shimmering in the sunlight. "Who do you suppose made it? And what for? What was its purpose? How did it end up in a dragon's hands?" She inquired rhetorically, her four brown eyes studying you intently. "Such are the questions that arise with every new valuable I come across." She carefully folded up the tapestry and stacked it neatly on top of the rest of her stock. Before facing you once more, she turned for a moment to grab something out of her pocket. She then held out what was in her hands- a ruby ring, a rose petal, and a ruby brooch. "These little things are by far my favorite, however," She smiled. "Rubies and Roses." she described, stroking the rose petal with her finger. But you find your eyes drifting back towards the folded tapestry as she returns the items to her pocket. Without so much as a glance towards you, she responds to your actions. "Oh, that old thing? It's yours for a couple hundred!"

Zoo | 24 | +3 Hrs
Bio Templates
Fandragons
Uae529o.png
@Fourr [quote]Naia, what's the pirate life like? Is it like how the movies depict it?[/quote] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/270985/27098455p.png[/img] [nextcol]...Movies? Be that some kind of book? Hrm. I wouldn't know. But to answer yer first question... Bein' a pirate is just about the best thing one can be. It's amazin'. Nothin' I've ever done before could compare to the life I live now, ruled by the sea and my own love o' plunderin'. Pirates, see, we don't abide by common Sornieth law. We make our own rules n' follow 'em as we please. It's a life o' controlled chaos... Perfect fer a Shadow dragon like m'self. O' course, some rules best be followed, and thems be the rules o' the ship. Imay stab an ally in the back, but I'd never disrespect me own crew. And if any o' them broke my rules, they'd be cast to sea quicker than you could say "Tidelord". I s'pose that's really the controlled part o' the chaos. Yer own ship is a rock in the rapids, the deck of sanity amidst the swirling craziness of the pirate world. Everythin' else ebbs like the tide. Other pirates might respect ya one moment and attack ya the next. Go after family n' treasured trinkets when they promised they'd never do such a thing. Then ya gotta show 'em who the [i]real[/i] pirate queen is. Aye, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Could really use some more crew, though...
@Fourr
Quote:
Naia, what's the pirate life like? Is it like how the movies depict it?
27098455p.png ...Movies? Be that some kind of book? Hrm. I wouldn't know. But to answer yer first question...

Bein' a pirate is just about the best thing one can be. It's amazin'. Nothin' I've ever done before could compare to the life I live now, ruled by the sea and my own love o' plunderin'. Pirates, see, we don't abide by common Sornieth law. We make our own rules n' follow 'em as we please. It's a life o' controlled chaos... Perfect fer a Shadow dragon like m'self.

O' course, some rules best be followed, and thems be the rules o' the ship. Imay stab an ally in the back, but I'd never disrespect me own crew. And if any o' them broke my rules, they'd be cast to sea quicker than you could say "Tidelord". I s'pose that's really the controlled part o' the chaos. Yer own ship is a rock in the rapids, the deck of sanity amidst the swirling craziness of the pirate world. Everythin' else ebbs like the tide. Other pirates might respect ya one moment and attack ya the next. Go after family n' treasured trinkets when they promised they'd never do such a thing. Then ya gotta show 'em who the real pirate queen is.

Aye, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Could really use some more crew, though...
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
@lumiinosity [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28463968] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/284640/28463968_350.png[/img] [/url] Chlorophyll, what do you prefer about plants their looks or their uses?
@lumiinosity

28463968_350.png

Chlorophyll, what do you prefer about plants their looks or their uses?
@lumiinosity [quote name=lumiinosity]Milo, what do you think causes fish to swarm around you in such numbers?[/quote] [Columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20604097] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/220665/22066490p.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol][size=2] Milo answers you with his mouth wide open while a group of cleaner wrasse work on his teeth. As a result, he's a bit difficult to understand, though not as much as you would think. "I'm not sure. We've always been mutually attracted to each other, ever since I hatched. Maybe it has something to do with my magic - I've always been skilled in water magic. Or maybe..." He is silent for ten seconds before he continues. "Maybe it has something to do with my blood parents. You see, I was found as an egg on the bottom of the seafloor. I was alone. Rockfish found me, brought me back, and she and Sheephead hatched me. I don't know where exactly I come from, or even [i]who[/i] I come from." There is a moment where you can see sorrow on Milo's face, but it is soon replaced with a determined sort of happiness. "I don't feel alone, though. It's not like I don't have a family. Even if I'm not related to them, they're the only family I've ever known and they all love me... and I love them." By now, the wrasses have moved on to getting rid of the dead skin on his face, so his final words are a lot easier to make out. "So, yeah. I guess I don't really know why fish like me, besides that I like them. Oh, and I also don't really like eating fish, so they might be able to sense that or something, but that's all I got. Sorry I couldn't give you a more specific answer."[/columns] I'm gonna hit the hay, so I'm not going to ask anyone a question. Sorry if that gets on anyone's nerves. You can ask me a question, but I won't answer it until tomorrow morning. Or you could skip over me, that's fine too.
@lumiinosity
lumiinosity wrote:
Milo, what do you think causes fish to swarm around you in such numbers?

22066490p.png

Milo answers you with his mouth wide open while a group of cleaner wrasse work on his teeth. As a result, he's a bit difficult to understand, though not as much as you would think.
"I'm not sure. We've always been mutually attracted to each other, ever since I hatched. Maybe it has something to do with my magic - I've always been skilled in water magic. Or maybe..."
He is silent for ten seconds before he continues. "Maybe it has something to do with my blood parents. You see, I was found as an egg on the bottom of the seafloor. I was alone. Rockfish found me, brought me back, and she and Sheephead hatched me. I don't know where exactly I come from, or even who I come from."
There is a moment where you can see sorrow on Milo's face, but it is soon replaced with a determined sort of happiness. "I don't feel alone, though. It's not like I don't have a family. Even if I'm not related to them, they're the only family I've ever known and they all love me... and I love them."
By now, the wrasses have moved on to getting rid of the dead skin on his face, so his final words are a lot easier to make out. "So, yeah. I guess I don't really know why fish like me, besides that I like them. Oh, and I also don't really like eating fish, so they might be able to sense that or something, but that's all I got. Sorry I couldn't give you a more specific answer."

I'm gonna hit the hay, so I'm not going to ask anyone a question. Sorry if that gets on anyone's nerves. You can ask me a question, but I won't answer it until tomorrow morning. Or you could skip over me, that's fine too.
kDetLAz.pngOne fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.5utJSlY.png
@humbledarkmage [columns] [center] [img]http://orig02.deviantart.net/0da3/f/2017/050/4/7/untitled_drawing_by_ravenclawraptor-dazpvp8.png[/img] [/center] [nextcol] [font=Cursive]"Why, both! A botanist loves everything about plants, am I right?" Chlorophyll replied, grinning as he affectionately stroked some Peacevine, which he had lovingly placed in a gorgeous, jewel-studded pot earlier that day. "You see, I study plants mostly for their uses. For example, bamboo is quite efficient in building kites- I should know, as I'm from Wind Flight. Strangling vines are surprisingly good at holding things together- I used it to fix my desk after it got pummeled by Strangling Roots. Of course, these two examples are simply severed appendages of sentient plants- regular plants do great things, too. I mean, look at feverfew! If you've got headaches, just eat some and you'll be okay for the time being. "Not to mention, studying plants for how they adapt to environments is incredibly beneficial. Upon the discovery of the Volcanic Vents, I've been trying to deduce how the native plant life manages to survive, especially with a lack of rain. I think, but am not completely sure, that their root systems work similarly to cacti- absorb all the water they can and use it until the next rain. How they survive in the heat, however, is a mystery to me- I'm new to this science, but am trying my best to come up with a satisfactory explanation. "And of course, plants are great for aesthetic purposes. I couldn't resist planting a couple of Dayglo Thresh in my greenhouse because they're just so [i]pretty[/i] when illuminated! I make sure to perform magic daily for them. They're gorgeous. This Peacevine here is also for decoration- but I'm also studying its toxins." [columns]
@humbledarkmage

untitled_drawing_by_ravenclawraptor-dazpvp8.png
"Why, both! A botanist loves everything about plants, am I right?" Chlorophyll replied, grinning as he affectionately stroked some Peacevine, which he had lovingly placed in a gorgeous, jewel-studded pot earlier that day.
"You see, I study plants mostly for their uses. For example, bamboo is quite efficient in building kites- I should know, as I'm from Wind Flight. Strangling vines are surprisingly good at holding things together- I used it to fix my desk after it got pummeled by Strangling Roots. Of course, these two examples are simply severed appendages of sentient plants- regular plants do great things, too. I mean, look at feverfew! If you've got headaches, just eat some and you'll be okay for the time being.

"Not to mention, studying plants for how they adapt to environments is incredibly beneficial. Upon the discovery of the Volcanic Vents, I've been trying to deduce how the native plant life manages to survive, especially with a lack of rain. I think, but am not completely sure, that their root systems work similarly to cacti- absorb all the water they can and use it until the next rain. How they survive in the heat, however, is a mystery to me- I'm new to this science, but am trying my best to come up with a satisfactory explanation.

"And of course, plants are great for aesthetic purposes. I couldn't resist planting a couple of Dayglo Thresh in my greenhouse because they're just so pretty when illuminated! I make sure to perform magic daily for them. They're gorgeous. This Peacevine here is also for decoration- but I'm also studying its toxins."
slytherin_by_ravenclawraptor-daxjnhh.pngravenclaw_by_ravenclawraptor-daxjni2.pnghufflepuff_by_ravenclawraptor-daxjnit.pnggryffindor_by_ravenclawraptor-daxjniz.png
@owlbait (Sorry I took so long. I was working of some work for my classes >>) [columns][size=3]Europa smiled sweetly, her oddly warm eyes looking down upon the stranger. "Well. My parents were highly interested in Astronomy. Europa is one of the many planets moons. From what I heard from my mother, of the biggest, Jupiter." She adjusted her mantle, seeing as it was about to unravel. "And might I say, it seems a fitting name. Many other dragons have told me that my belly scales look like the great expanse of space. Combined with my silks, and my own interest for Astronomy, I suppose it was only destiny. If you believe in that kind of stuff." She winked back at the stranger, walking back towards her clan mates.[/size][nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/264776/26477561p.png[/img][/columns]
@owlbait
(Sorry I took so long. I was working of some work for my classes >>)

Europa smiled sweetly, her oddly warm eyes looking down upon the stranger. "Well. My parents were highly interested in Astronomy. Europa is one of the many planets moons. From what I heard from my mother, of the biggest, Jupiter." She adjusted her mantle, seeing as it was about to unravel.

"And might I say, it seems a fitting name. Many other dragons have told me that my belly scales look like the great expanse of space. Combined with my silks, and my own interest for Astronomy, I suppose it was only destiny. If you believe in that kind of stuff." She winked back at the stranger, walking back towards her clan mates.
26477561p.png
ooooooooooo kssHcoX.png K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
@Glacecakes Willow - "Someone needs to be strict here and make sure everyone does their duty before slacking off. Since I'm the clan's matriarch I have taken that duty upon myself while Firiro takes care of other duties. Otherwise we'd be very disorganized which would cause discomfort for most of those living here at best, leave us vulnerable to enemies at worst. Undisciplined fighters might be good warriors on their own and yet be useless as soldiers. But make no mistake, I push myself just as much as any soldier under my command. As for what I want for my clan, isn't it obvious? I want it to grow, to prosper and most importantly, to be safe. I knew the weight I would take upon my shoulders when I claimed my whole clan under my protection but I'm more than happy to carry it. It's my home, my legacy and my Charge." @humbledarkmage [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26797601] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/267977/26797601_350.png[/img] [/url] Sp how did you find your way into this clan?
@Glacecakes

Willow - "Someone needs to be strict here and make sure everyone does their duty before slacking off. Since I'm the clan's matriarch I have taken that duty upon myself while Firiro takes care of other duties. Otherwise we'd be very disorganized which would cause discomfort for most of those living here at best, leave us vulnerable to enemies at worst. Undisciplined fighters might be good warriors on their own and yet be useless as soldiers. But make no mistake, I push myself just as much as any soldier under my command. As for what I want for my clan, isn't it obvious? I want it to grow, to prosper and most importantly, to be safe. I knew the weight I would take upon my shoulders when I claimed my whole clan under my protection but I'm more than happy to carry it. It's my home, my legacy and my Charge."

@humbledarkmage

26797601_350.png

Sp how did you find your way into this clan?
FORUM GAMES!

To find the dergs with bios, check the list on my userpage.
Thanks^^
@Paperiahma [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12629344] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/126294/12629344_350.png[/img] [/url] Lilith, how'd you meet your familiar?
@Paperiahma

12629344_350.png

Lilith, how'd you meet your familiar?
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 1517 1518