Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 103 104
[quote]"Pst! This is Asha again! I'm recording this log without the other two's knowledge... Actually, they even forbid me to do the daily log after yesterday. Not fair!! I mean, who wouldn't freak out if a mouse with [i]tentacles[/i] just jumped into your face!!? Okay, it didn't exactly jump, but [i]still[/i]...!" ["Asha, what are you doing over there?"] "Oh sweet Tidelord, not Sachiel...!" [You hear shuffling in the background, then the sound of the recorder hitting the ground and voices arguing.] ["NO! I want to do the log!! "Not after yesterday's disaster, stupid Spiral!" "May I remind you which genius built this device??" "Just give it to me." "Argh, Imperials..."] [You hear the fluttering of wings, it gets quieter and then disappears completely. Someone seems to struggle with the buttons on the recorder.] "...Is this thing still on?" "Okay, seems like it is. This is Sachiel speaking, and I'm going to continue from where the hyperactive noodle went off! ...I still can't believe that we made it this far with him as our leader. Anyway, today we finally got behind the mystery of the strange dust. Or part of it, at least. Blumiose was the first one to hear the strange sounds while walking today, and we tried to find its source. Turns out it wasn't as easy as we originally thought. I don't even want to know how many times we had to turn around and walk the whole way back because we found ourselves in a dead end. My feet still hurt... Eventually we did find the source though. The wind-like noise came frome some vents in the ground, and Asha concluded that some kind of machine down there caused it. Of course we didn't believe him. I mean, a machine here in this cave? What use could it possible have and who would have built it? ...Turns out that the noodle was actually right about something for once. We actually found a machine down here, and it doesn't look dragonmade. It seems to be incredibly old, and it almost feels like a miracle that this thing still works. It's creeping me out, actually. And yep, that thing is responsible for blowing the dust through the whole cave. Why, for Tidelord's sake?? We are going to rest down here next to the machine, so I set up some more protection charms. I hope we get behind the mystery of this cave fast and then get out of here. We haven't even found any big treasures yet, only scientific samples for Blumiose. I'm growing tired of this expedition. Well, that's it for today. We'll see how far we come tomorrow."[/quote]
Quote:
"Pst! This is Asha again! I'm recording this log without the other two's knowledge... Actually, they even forbid me to do the daily log after yesterday. Not fair!! I mean, who wouldn't freak out if a mouse with tentacles just jumped into your face!!? Okay, it didn't exactly jump, but still...!"

["Asha, what are you doing over there?"]

"Oh sweet Tidelord, not Sachiel...!"

[You hear shuffling in the background, then the sound of the recorder hitting the ground and voices arguing.]

["NO! I want to do the log!!

"Not after yesterday's disaster, stupid Spiral!"

"May I remind you which genius built this device??"

"Just give it to me."

"Argh, Imperials..."]

[You hear the fluttering of wings, it gets quieter and then disappears completely. Someone seems to struggle with the buttons on the recorder.]

"...Is this thing still on?"

"Okay, seems like it is. This is Sachiel speaking, and I'm going to continue from where the hyperactive noodle went off! ...I still can't believe that we made it this far with him as our leader.

Anyway, today we finally got behind the mystery of the strange dust. Or part of it, at least. Blumiose was the first one to hear the strange sounds while walking today, and we tried to find its source. Turns out it wasn't as easy as we originally thought. I don't even want to know how many times we had to turn around and walk the whole way back because we found ourselves in a dead end. My feet still hurt...

Eventually we did find the source though. The wind-like noise came frome some vents in the ground, and Asha concluded that some kind of machine down there caused it. Of course we didn't believe him. I mean, a machine here in this cave? What use could it possible have and who would have built it?

...Turns out that the noodle was actually right about something for once. We actually found a machine down here, and it doesn't look dragonmade. It seems to be incredibly old, and it almost feels like a miracle that this thing still works. It's creeping me out, actually. And yep, that thing is responsible for blowing the dust through the whole cave. Why, for Tidelord's sake??
We are going to rest down here next to the machine, so I set up some more protection charms. I hope we get behind the mystery of this cave fast and then get out of here. We haven't even found any big treasures yet, only scientific samples for Blumiose. I'm growing tired of this expedition.

Well, that's it for today. We'll see how far we come tomorrow."
ZVpCPil.png
[i]Lies down and kinda screams a little bit[/i] [s]I'm okay.[/s] I both enjoy and loath writing these. [columns][color=transparent]spacecauseyoucan'tcntr[/color][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11740830] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/117409/11740830.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12882579] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/128826/12882579.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6602136] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/66022/6602136.png[/img] [/url][/columns] [center][font=copperplate][color=LightSteelBlue][size=4]Khione[/color][/font] & [font=Gabriola][color=DarkOrange][size=5]Jaynum[/size][/color][/font] & [font=Century][color=crimson][size=4]Ciphers[/color][/font][/size] [font=Comic Sans MS][size=5]"Mistakes Were Made"[/size][/font] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/54#post_25214579]Day 0[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/70#post_25274407]Day 1[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/71#post_25281355]Day 2[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/93#post_25416322]Day 3[/url] [b]Day 4[/b][/center] When Mistakes Were Made rose again, it settled into them that they really had no idea about the time anymore. Any time-keeping device that the trio had brought along had long since frozen, and with the lack of sunlight deep within the caverns, there was nothing to track. Even their natural waking and resting carried no information as the erratic hours of work in the Lightning Flight had thoroughly destroyed that. "What day is it?" Jaynum yawned, he rubbed a bleary eye then tucked into a bowl of moth legs. Khione rolled her eyes as she packed her bedding. "Why do you care? You're always asleep anyways... And the last to get up each time. But if you just [i]must[/i] know, O hot-headed one, it's been like four days." "Well I'm ever so sorry for asking. I always forget I'm in the presence of the Ice Queen," he sneered, shoving the bowl and the rest of his camp materials unceremoniously into his pack. He tossed it to the rest of the team's bags as Khione bristled behind him. The Spiral padded down the passage before turning back and shouting; "Let's get going and hopefully not find that big monster. Okay? Okay!" Everything was surprisingly normal for many hours, just endless tunnels of ice and stone. The going was easy-- and then it got weird. A new passage loomed ahead, perfectly square and pockmarked with tiny doors. Jaynum could have fit through them and maybe Khione if she squeezed herself through some of the largest, but no-way, no-how with Ciphers. Either way, all the doors were frozen shut. "What could have made these?" the Imperial questioned as she poked one frost-covered knob. "Longnecks and Centaurs live in the Icefields, but not even they go here." The team continued in the eerie silence until squeaks piqued their ears. A mischief of mice (Surprisingly, that's what they're called) scurried past the dragons' paws before stopping, looking around in seeming confusion, and haphazardly wandering away. "Okay," Khione drawled. She took a few more steps before freezing in place. "Wait. Did either of you actually look at those mice? 'Cause I don't like what they've got going on." A few minutes of hunting down one of the creatures proved her right. Extra eyes, extra legs-- tentacles instead of legs, and [i]prehensile fur[/i]. Grotesque mutations affected each 'mouse', and based on the dust that was noticed to cover each beast, and the walls and floors were deduced to be the source of them. Much more wary of the environment, the trio covered their snouts with cloth and trod just a bit more carefully. As they walked, the creatures grew more prevalent-- and larger. The mutations grew more twisted and the beasts grew unrecognizable. They loomed in corners, peering with blank eyes and generally being really creepy. Then one screamed. And the creatures poured from everywhere, teeth gnashing and claws lashing out. Khione, acting like the Wildclaw she was, shrieked her challenge and launched a counterattack, taking down beasts left and right. Still, the waves seemed endless and so Ciphers smashed her tail against the wall, thinning the horde as the mass of stone and ice fell. Jaynum, in his terror, had curled around... Khione. He was coiled around her neck and had buried his face in her wings. The fighting was long; the dragonesses tearing away at beast after beast. Jaynum, despite how helpful his fire could have been, had only made it worse. He weighed down Khione and nearly caused her to overheat. Ciphers and her size carried the team, and eventually the creatures were either all killed or had been scared away. Wounds were tended and wits were regathered. Incensed about the attack, Khione and Ciphers were bent on discovering the source and so dragged the still petrified Jaynum deeper into the passages. As they went, the strange dust grew thicker. "Do you think we should turn around?" Jaynum questioned between coughs. "No," Khione retorted, stamping down the path. "We are going to keep going. We'll be just[i] fine[/i]." Jaynum hacked again. "Aren't you wishy-washy." "Excuse me?" "You're the one who said that you don't like it here! Now you want to go deeper! Wishy! Washy!" Khione was actually right this time. The dust seemed to have no effect on the dragons. There were no more of the black tentacle beasts. Everything was just fine. When it got late, the team retreated to a less dusty part of the cavern and set camp. Ciphers laid out on her bedding, Jaynum lazed out across her back and Khione rested next to her. The dragonesses glared at the pile of the dust in front of them. "We gonna find whatever is in this cave if it kills me." ----- This one is better, I think. And try to guess who said the last line, 'cause I haven't decided who did. Also this is 795 words, what am I doing in my life? But c'est la vie. Until next update! I can't wait to see the next set of shenanigans my dragons get into.
Lies down and kinda screams a little bit I'm okay.

I both enjoy and loath writing these.

spacecauseyoucan'tcntr
11740830.png

12882579.png

6602136.png
Khione & Jaynum & Ciphers
"Mistakes Were Made"
Day 0 Day 1 Day 2 Day 3

Day 4

When Mistakes Were Made rose again, it settled into them that they really had no idea about the time anymore. Any time-keeping device that the trio had brought along had long since frozen, and with the lack of sunlight deep within the caverns, there was nothing to track. Even their natural waking and resting carried no information as the erratic hours of work in the Lightning Flight had thoroughly destroyed that.

"What day is it?" Jaynum yawned, he rubbed a bleary eye then tucked into a bowl of moth legs.

Khione rolled her eyes as she packed her bedding. "Why do you care? You're always asleep anyways... And the last to get up each time. But if you just must know, O hot-headed one, it's been like four days."

"Well I'm ever so sorry for asking. I always forget I'm in the presence of the Ice Queen," he sneered, shoving the bowl and the rest of his camp materials unceremoniously into his pack. He tossed it to the rest of the team's bags as Khione bristled behind him. The Spiral padded down the passage before turning back and shouting; "Let's get going and hopefully not find that big monster. Okay? Okay!"

Everything was surprisingly normal for many hours, just endless tunnels of ice and stone. The going was easy-- and then it got weird. A new passage loomed ahead, perfectly square and pockmarked with tiny doors. Jaynum could have fit through them and maybe Khione if she squeezed herself through some of the largest, but no-way, no-how with Ciphers. Either way, all the doors were frozen shut.

"What could have made these?" the Imperial questioned as she poked one frost-covered knob. "Longnecks and Centaurs live in the Icefields, but not even they go here."

The team continued in the eerie silence until squeaks piqued their ears. A mischief of mice (Surprisingly, that's what they're called) scurried past the dragons' paws before stopping, looking around in seeming confusion, and haphazardly wandering away.

"Okay," Khione drawled. She took a few more steps before freezing in place. "Wait. Did either of you actually look at those mice? 'Cause I don't like what they've got going on."

A few minutes of hunting down one of the creatures proved her right. Extra eyes, extra legs-- tentacles instead of legs, and prehensile fur. Grotesque mutations affected each 'mouse', and based on the dust that was noticed to cover each beast, and the walls and floors were deduced to be the source of them. Much more wary of the environment, the trio covered their snouts with cloth and trod just a bit more carefully.

As they walked, the creatures grew more prevalent-- and larger. The mutations grew more twisted and the beasts grew unrecognizable. They loomed in corners, peering with blank eyes and generally being really creepy. Then one screamed. And the creatures poured from everywhere, teeth gnashing and claws lashing out.

Khione, acting like the Wildclaw she was, shrieked her challenge and launched a counterattack, taking down beasts left and right. Still, the waves seemed endless and so Ciphers smashed her tail against the wall, thinning the horde as the mass of stone and ice fell. Jaynum, in his terror, had curled around... Khione. He was coiled around her neck and had buried his face in her wings.

The fighting was long; the dragonesses tearing away at beast after beast. Jaynum, despite how helpful his fire could have been, had only made it worse. He weighed down Khione and nearly caused her to overheat. Ciphers and her size carried the team, and eventually the creatures were either all killed or had been scared away. Wounds were tended and wits were regathered.

Incensed about the attack, Khione and Ciphers were bent on discovering the source and so dragged the still petrified Jaynum deeper into the passages. As they went, the strange dust grew thicker.

"Do you think we should turn around?" Jaynum questioned between coughs.

"No," Khione retorted, stamping down the path. "We are going to keep going. We'll be just fine."

Jaynum hacked again. "Aren't you wishy-washy."

"Excuse me?"

"You're the one who said that you don't like it here! Now you want to go deeper! Wishy! Washy!"

Khione was actually right this time.

The dust seemed to have no effect on the dragons. There were no more of the black tentacle beasts. Everything was just fine. When it got late, the team retreated to a less dusty part of the cavern and set camp.

Ciphers laid out on her bedding, Jaynum lazed out across her back and Khione rested next to her. The dragonesses glared at the pile of the dust in front of them.

"We gonna find whatever is in this cave if it kills me."

This one is better, I think. And try to guess who said the last line, 'cause I haven't decided who did.

Also this is 795 words, what am I doing in my life? But c'est la vie.

Until next update! I can't wait to see the next set of shenanigans my dragons get into.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
Quote:
'Morning' came - and it brought with it aching backs and cold toes. By this point, we were beginning to grow a bit tired of having to sleep on the cold, hard ground, but our trip was nearly halfway done and there was still so much more to see. We ate our breakfast, packed our camp, and hopped up to continue our journey.

We had not been looking for long when we came across the beautiful sight of sparkling gemstones, everywhere. As we entered a series of crystalline caverns the passages became tighter and more jagged, and the crystals more and more reflective - almost creating a hall of mirrors that easily disoriented us as we wandered through. The light from our lanterns flickered against the floors, walls, and ceiling, bouncing around the corners and sometimes nearly blinding us upon hitting a gemstone at just the wrong angle. We continued through these caves, although slowly and cautiously, taking samples as we went and hoping that we would not become lost.

Fortunately, Caeronwy's navigational know-how kept us on track and headed in the right direction.

Eventually we made our way to the center of these caverns - and up ahead we could see a promising pit in the floor, but it was unfortunately blocked by a thin crystalline wall.

Turi punched the wall with all of her might, allowing us to make our way into the chamber.

Now able to pass through the wall, we were able to look into the hole in the cavern floor. We had the perfect, bird's-eye view of the large open chamber containing the horrible 'mother' of all mutants. The creature, a writhing mass of black tentacles and eyes, wiggled about, eating the dragon eggs and other foods that the tiny, similar creatures brought it.

Now that we were here, we realized that we needed to be very careful. The horrible creature could easily reach one of its tendrils up through the hole to grab us. This was a good time to be stealthy.

Unfortunately, stealth was not our middle name. Nor our first or last name either. It wasn't our name at all. Acalen accidentally dropped a large rock into the pit, which landed square on the giant beast's head. It promptly sent all of its tendrils and tentacles spiraling upwards, grabbing us tightly.

Although we feared that it would pop us straight into its mouth as an afternoon snack, we were surprised to find that, instead, it reached into one of the upper passages and dropped us into a slippery prison of ice. We found ourselves trapped, the cold frozen cave walls surrounding us on every side, with a huge rock rolled over the entrance to prevent us from escaping. It seems we were being saved for a later date.

It was here that we took the time to write. There was little rest in our prison, but at least we were able to catalog our findings thus far in this journal.
Turi...... punches a wall. Really hard. ..Accurate. No stealth, at all, for anyone, more accurate. Acalen doomed everyone (?), the most accurate. Man, these dorks.
Quote:
'Morning' came - and it brought with it aching backs and cold toes. By this point, we were beginning to grow a bit tired of having to sleep on the cold, hard ground, but our trip was nearly halfway done and there was still so much more to see. We ate our breakfast, packed our camp, and hopped up to continue our journey.

We had not been looking for long when we came across the beautiful sight of sparkling gemstones, everywhere. As we entered a series of crystalline caverns the passages became tighter and more jagged, and the crystals more and more reflective - almost creating a hall of mirrors that easily disoriented us as we wandered through. The light from our lanterns flickered against the floors, walls, and ceiling, bouncing around the corners and sometimes nearly blinding us upon hitting a gemstone at just the wrong angle. We continued through these caves, although slowly and cautiously, taking samples as we went and hoping that we would not become lost.

Fortunately, Caeronwy's navigational know-how kept us on track and headed in the right direction.

Eventually we made our way to the center of these caverns - and up ahead we could see a promising pit in the floor, but it was unfortunately blocked by a thin crystalline wall.

Turi punched the wall with all of her might, allowing us to make our way into the chamber.

Now able to pass through the wall, we were able to look into the hole in the cavern floor. We had the perfect, bird's-eye view of the large open chamber containing the horrible 'mother' of all mutants. The creature, a writhing mass of black tentacles and eyes, wiggled about, eating the dragon eggs and other foods that the tiny, similar creatures brought it.

Now that we were here, we realized that we needed to be very careful. The horrible creature could easily reach one of its tendrils up through the hole to grab us. This was a good time to be stealthy.

Unfortunately, stealth was not our middle name. Nor our first or last name either. It wasn't our name at all. Acalen accidentally dropped a large rock into the pit, which landed square on the giant beast's head. It promptly sent all of its tendrils and tentacles spiraling upwards, grabbing us tightly.

Although we feared that it would pop us straight into its mouth as an afternoon snack, we were surprised to find that, instead, it reached into one of the upper passages and dropped us into a slippery prison of ice. We found ourselves trapped, the cold frozen cave walls surrounding us on every side, with a huge rock rolled over the entrance to prevent us from escaping. It seems we were being saved for a later date.

It was here that we took the time to write. There was little rest in our prison, but at least we were able to catalog our findings thus far in this journal.
Turi...... punches a wall. Really hard. ..Accurate. No stealth, at all, for anyone, more accurate. Acalen doomed everyone (?), the most accurate. Man, these dorks.
vbqABeH.gifvy2C1Og.gif
Quote:
There is a certain sense of curiosity that exists deep in the hearts of all dragons, even those who are generally cautious. Although we may try to push that away in the name of safety and wisdom, there comes a time when we simply can't resist learning more. That's how we all felt in the morning when we woke up, having slept on our experiences with strange and unusual beasts. We had seen them, and although they were dangerous and frightening, we wanted to know more.

For that reason, we prepared ourselves for the stealth mission of the millenium. If we were to find more about what these beasts were and how they got here, we would have to go back into the nest.

Nightrunner took the lead, showing us how to disappear into the shadows and hide like pros, so that when we finally entered the nest, we could go unnoticed. We began to disguise ourselves with bits of leaves and moss, covering up our bright scales with dirt and mud to assist in this task. When we had finished our preparations, we made our way back to the nest.

The mission was a success. We were able to climb our way into the nest entirely unnoticed. Slinking around like big piles of hay, we watched the creatures, taking notes and learning as much as we could.

One of the things we first noticed, is that it was quite clear that these 'creatures' had once been a relatively normal form of wildlife. Years of exposure to the dust had left them strange and mutated, with unusual black tentacles and extra eyes and other limbs. Some of the creatures had mutated more than others. There were creatures nearly recognizable as mice and bats, and others that had long since left their status as 'normal wildlife' behind.

The second thing that became clear is that the 'mother' was nearly entirely dependent on the smaller creatures. It was so large that it could no longer fit through the tunnels, leaving its children to dig tunnels, collect food from the caverns above, and perhaps even venture outside of the cave itself. The fact that it was eating nocturne eggs, helpless beastclan individuals, and other surface-dwelling creatures indicated that the appetite of this thing may be forcing the helpers to the surface.

The third and final thing that we noticed, is that the cause of all of this seemed to be the dust, which was drifting up from narrow slots in the floor. Creatures collected the dust in piles and licked it up - almost as if it were a source of energy itself. The creatures had such a great appetite for it that there was nearly none on the walls or in the air in this chamber.

When we had gathered all of the information we needed, we regrouped outside of the nest to discuss what our next step would be. Syanka told us that there was a large hole in the ceiling of the cavern, just above the great creature's head, that looked to be of some interest. We could head up there to watch, and perhaps we might even come up with a way to, uh, stop this thing from being a danger to dragon-kind (aka eating dragon babies). It would be tricky getting up there, but we figured it would be worth it.

We made our way back into the nest to scout out the best way of reaching the passage through the ceiling.

However, just as we were about to consider possibilities, Syanka noticed a similar hole in the floor. We knew that the dust was coming from below, and it seemed likely that more answers might lie in that direction. We scrapped the idea of heading through the ceiling, and crept across the floor into the passage below.

Dropping down into this new tunnel, we noticed that it was thickly coated in dust. Pulling cloths over our faces to avoid breathing it in, we began our journey to figure out where it was coming from. It was not long after that we had our answer - We came to a large open chamber filled with a number of large vents that came from below. The dust slowly drifted out of these vents, accompanied by the slow whir of mechanical fans. We began to look around, trying to see what was below, but the fans in each vent blocked our view.

Suddenly, the fans increased in speed and a loud hum came from the area below - as if someone has powered on a strange machine. The humming became louder and louder and the whirring faster and faster, until soon the ground was shaking and the vents began to split apart, collapsing the floor beneath us.

Fortunately, Syanka easily stabilized herself mid-air, grabbing her companions and bringing us to the stable passage nearby.

When the ground around us had settled, the loud whir of the machine still roared and vibrated the caverns. Wondering what it could possibly be, we decided to follow the sounds. Perhaps we could get some insight into who had built this place - and what it was for. We followed the distant noises as best we could, but with the way the tunnels were laid out, it was not easy. We often found ourselves face to face with a dead-end, sending us backtracking for hours.

We eventually came to an open room with smoothed stone floors and walls with metal-paneling. The back of the room was home to one of the largest and most intricately constructed machines we had ever seen. It laid at the center of a massive, cylindrical chamber with pipes going upwards, and somehow it still seemed to be running, although at a low power.

We spent many hours thoroughly looking all around the machine, trying to draw and take notes on as much of it as we possibly could. It did not look like anything ever built by dragonkind, and the writing on the walls was not in any known language that we had ever heard of. Additionally, considering the state of the machine, it appeared to have been running for many, many years. We weren't sure how it was still going, seeing as it was half covered in ice as if frozen in time from an era long past.

Eventually, after hours of investigation, we grew tired, and set up our camp in this room - hoping to investigate it further when fully rested.

"""Fortunately, Syanka easily stabilized herself mid-air, grabbing her companions and bringing us to the stable passage nearby."""

A nocturne grabbed a coatl and a guardian, both significantly larger than herself
logic
Quote:
There is a certain sense of curiosity that exists deep in the hearts of all dragons, even those who are generally cautious. Although we may try to push that away in the name of safety and wisdom, there comes a time when we simply can't resist learning more. That's how we all felt in the morning when we woke up, having slept on our experiences with strange and unusual beasts. We had seen them, and although they were dangerous and frightening, we wanted to know more.

For that reason, we prepared ourselves for the stealth mission of the millenium. If we were to find more about what these beasts were and how they got here, we would have to go back into the nest.

Nightrunner took the lead, showing us how to disappear into the shadows and hide like pros, so that when we finally entered the nest, we could go unnoticed. We began to disguise ourselves with bits of leaves and moss, covering up our bright scales with dirt and mud to assist in this task. When we had finished our preparations, we made our way back to the nest.

The mission was a success. We were able to climb our way into the nest entirely unnoticed. Slinking around like big piles of hay, we watched the creatures, taking notes and learning as much as we could.

One of the things we first noticed, is that it was quite clear that these 'creatures' had once been a relatively normal form of wildlife. Years of exposure to the dust had left them strange and mutated, with unusual black tentacles and extra eyes and other limbs. Some of the creatures had mutated more than others. There were creatures nearly recognizable as mice and bats, and others that had long since left their status as 'normal wildlife' behind.

The second thing that became clear is that the 'mother' was nearly entirely dependent on the smaller creatures. It was so large that it could no longer fit through the tunnels, leaving its children to dig tunnels, collect food from the caverns above, and perhaps even venture outside of the cave itself. The fact that it was eating nocturne eggs, helpless beastclan individuals, and other surface-dwelling creatures indicated that the appetite of this thing may be forcing the helpers to the surface.

The third and final thing that we noticed, is that the cause of all of this seemed to be the dust, which was drifting up from narrow slots in the floor. Creatures collected the dust in piles and licked it up - almost as if it were a source of energy itself. The creatures had such a great appetite for it that there was nearly none on the walls or in the air in this chamber.

When we had gathered all of the information we needed, we regrouped outside of the nest to discuss what our next step would be. Syanka told us that there was a large hole in the ceiling of the cavern, just above the great creature's head, that looked to be of some interest. We could head up there to watch, and perhaps we might even come up with a way to, uh, stop this thing from being a danger to dragon-kind (aka eating dragon babies). It would be tricky getting up there, but we figured it would be worth it.

We made our way back into the nest to scout out the best way of reaching the passage through the ceiling.

However, just as we were about to consider possibilities, Syanka noticed a similar hole in the floor. We knew that the dust was coming from below, and it seemed likely that more answers might lie in that direction. We scrapped the idea of heading through the ceiling, and crept across the floor into the passage below.

Dropping down into this new tunnel, we noticed that it was thickly coated in dust. Pulling cloths over our faces to avoid breathing it in, we began our journey to figure out where it was coming from. It was not long after that we had our answer - We came to a large open chamber filled with a number of large vents that came from below. The dust slowly drifted out of these vents, accompanied by the slow whir of mechanical fans. We began to look around, trying to see what was below, but the fans in each vent blocked our view.

Suddenly, the fans increased in speed and a loud hum came from the area below - as if someone has powered on a strange machine. The humming became louder and louder and the whirring faster and faster, until soon the ground was shaking and the vents began to split apart, collapsing the floor beneath us.

Fortunately, Syanka easily stabilized herself mid-air, grabbing her companions and bringing us to the stable passage nearby.

When the ground around us had settled, the loud whir of the machine still roared and vibrated the caverns. Wondering what it could possibly be, we decided to follow the sounds. Perhaps we could get some insight into who had built this place - and what it was for. We followed the distant noises as best we could, but with the way the tunnels were laid out, it was not easy. We often found ourselves face to face with a dead-end, sending us backtracking for hours.

We eventually came to an open room with smoothed stone floors and walls with metal-paneling. The back of the room was home to one of the largest and most intricately constructed machines we had ever seen. It laid at the center of a massive, cylindrical chamber with pipes going upwards, and somehow it still seemed to be running, although at a low power.

We spent many hours thoroughly looking all around the machine, trying to draw and take notes on as much of it as we possibly could. It did not look like anything ever built by dragonkind, and the writing on the walls was not in any known language that we had ever heard of. Additionally, considering the state of the machine, it appeared to have been running for many, many years. We weren't sure how it was still going, seeing as it was half covered in ice as if frozen in time from an era long past.

Eventually, after hours of investigation, we grew tired, and set up our camp in this room - hoping to investigate it further when fully rested.

"""Fortunately, Syanka easily stabilized herself mid-air, grabbing her companions and bringing us to the stable passage nearby."""

A nocturne grabbed a coatl and a guardian, both significantly larger than herself
logic
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
[center][b]Team "Thrill-Seekers"[/b] [i](Name chosen by the only thrill-seeker in the team)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/276456/27645527.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/256480/25647912.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/276456/27645528.png[/img][/center] [quote=Day 5 - The Source]While we took our watches at night, we had rather a lot of time to listen. During the days, there was the constant sound of our footsteps, mixed with the quiet chatter between teammates, and although we often took time to stay quiet and aware of our surroundings - the quiet of the day was nothing compared to the quiet of sitting alone in a dark cave with nothing but your thoughts for hours at a time. It was during those quiet hours, that we all began to hear something. It was an indescribable sound, like wind moving through tunnels or a constant exhale. When we prepared for the day's expedition, we knew we had to follow this sound - to figure out what it could possibly be. We walked through smoothed, dusty caverns, constantly turning around upon reaching a dead end, hoping that we would eventually be able to find the source of this noise - and this dust. Soon enough, we found what we were looking for. We came to a large open chamber filled with a number of large vents that came from below. The dust slowly drifted out of these vents, accompanied by the slow whir of moving air. Urvine, looking into one of the vents, immediately concluded that these were mechanically constructed fans. Although their precise purpose was yet unknown, they seemed to lead down into some kind of machine - one that was almost certainly the source of all this dust. If we wanted to figure out what was going on in this cave, we needed to get down to that machine. We followed the distant noises as best we could, but with the way the tunnels were laid out, it was not easy. We often found ourselves face to face with a dead-end, sending us backtracking for hours. Although progress was slow, Urvine's map made our goals possible. We eventually came to an open room with smoothed stone floors and walls with metal-paneling. The back of the room was home to one of the largest and most intricately constructed machines we had ever seen. It laid at the center of a massive, cylindrical chamber with pipes going upwards, and somehow it still seemed to be running, although at a low power. We spent many hours thoroughly looking all around the machine, trying to draw and take notes on as much of it as we possibly could. It did not look like anything ever built by dragonkind, and the writing on the walls was not in any known language that we had ever heard of. Additionally, considering the state of the machine, it appeared to have been running for many, many years. We weren't sure how it was still going, seeing as it was half covered in ice as if frozen in time from an era long past. Eventually, after hours of investigation, we grew tired, and set up our camp in this room - hoping to investigate it further when fully rested.[/quote] Each one of them was silent for the majority of the day, Vallan was the first to speak in a long time. "Alright little scavenger, before we call it a day, care to share with us what you picked up this time?" Kay was just getting ready to sleep, but perked up at the mention of seeing what today's spoils were. Urvine simply pulled out the same pouch he had shown them the previous day, except now it was bigger. "I only managed to collect more dust. Nothing else seemed worth analyzing." [item=Mimic Powder] Vallan shook his head a little, "I saw many small broken mechanical pieces laying around. You must have not been looking hard enough." Urvine replied while placing the pouch back in his bag and getting ready to rest, "I saw them too, but as I said, it didn't seem to be worth analyzing. What could we possibly do with a tiny broken piece of machinery?" Vallan looked as though he wanted to protest, but decided against it, in favor of sleep. Now that the conversation seemed to be over, Kay flopped down in a silly manner, stretched out on the floor, and waited to fall asleep.
Team "Thrill-Seekers"
(Name chosen by the only thrill-seeker in the team)
27645527.png25647912.png27645528.png
Day 5 - The Source wrote:
While we took our watches at night, we had rather a lot of time to listen. During the days, there was the constant sound of our footsteps, mixed with the quiet chatter between teammates, and although we often took time to stay quiet and aware of our surroundings - the quiet of the day was nothing compared to the quiet of sitting alone in a dark cave with nothing but your thoughts for hours at a time. It was during those quiet hours, that we all began to hear something. It was an indescribable sound, like wind moving through tunnels or a constant exhale.

When we prepared for the day's expedition, we knew we had to follow this sound - to figure out what it could possibly be. We walked through smoothed, dusty caverns, constantly turning around upon reaching a dead end, hoping that we would eventually be able to find the source of this noise - and this dust. Soon enough, we found what we were looking for. We came to a large open chamber filled with a number of large vents that came from below. The dust slowly drifted out of these vents, accompanied by the slow whir of moving air.

Urvine, looking into one of the vents, immediately concluded that these were mechanically constructed fans. Although their precise purpose was yet unknown, they seemed to lead down into some kind of machine - one that was almost certainly the source of all this dust.

If we wanted to figure out what was going on in this cave, we needed to get down to that machine.

We followed the distant noises as best we could, but with the way the tunnels were laid out, it was not easy. We often found ourselves face to face with a dead-end, sending us backtracking for hours.

Although progress was slow, Urvine's map made our goals possible. We eventually came to an open room with smoothed stone floors and walls with metal-paneling. The back of the room was home to one of the largest and most intricately constructed machines we had ever seen. It laid at the center of a massive, cylindrical chamber with pipes going upwards, and somehow it still seemed to be running, although at a low power.

Each one of them was silent for the majority of the day, Vallan was the first to speak in a long time. "Alright little scavenger, before we call it a day, care to share with us what you picked up this time?"

Kay was just getting ready to sleep, but perked up at the mention of seeing what today's spoils were. Urvine simply pulled out the same pouch he had shown them the previous day, except now it was bigger. "I only managed to collect more dust. Nothing else seemed worth analyzing."
Mimic Powder

Vallan shook his head a little, "I saw many small broken mechanical pieces laying around. You must have not been looking hard enough."

Urvine replied while placing the pouch back in his bag and getting ready to rest, "I saw them too, but as I said, it didn't seem to be worth analyzing. What could we possibly do with a tiny broken piece of machinery?"

Vallan looked as though he wanted to protest, but decided against it, in favor of sleep. Now that the conversation seemed to be over, Kay flopped down in a silly manner, stretched out on the floor, and waited to fall asleep.
Ehhhh, what should I put here...

Well, FR +2, but saying that is kinda useless since I'm most active at night anyway.
[quote name="Log - Day 5 - Hidden Laboratory"] As the door slid open, an icy cold smoke poured out from within. When it settled, we found ourselves face to face with a massive, elaborate laboratory unlike anything we had ever seen before. Machines and gadgets, chemistry equipment and experiments, all partly frozen in ice and long, long abandoned. The longer we walked about, the more we began to suspect that this laboratory was not built by any living creature. The texts and notes were written in a strange and unidentifiable language that was only seen in ancient artifacts, but here it existed in better condition than ever found before - thanks to the ice. The state of the laboratory was, despite not having corroded much over time, not particularly good. Walls in places had crumbled and, without power, the doors and machines did not properly function, making navigation difficult. It almost looked as if an explosion had gone off in some of the rooms, scorch marks pressed against the floors and glass shattered into many pieces. We were lucky that we had Techne with us, to assist in powering on doors and allowing us to pass without too much trouble. As we navigated these areas, Techne had been trying to figure out what was going on here. It was hard to say exactly, but it seemed to be some sort of research facility. We managed to collect a great deal of notes, and hoped that with years of study we might be able to decode them, figuring out what happened to the creatures who built this place and what they were doing here. Perhaps we might even get more insight into the extinct ancient species that we had often found archaeological evidence of. We also had discerned that, just above the facility, was some kind of massive power plant. All of the wiring and electricity led upwards to the same place, although we weren't quite sure how to get up there - or what the power source was. After a few hours of exploring, we managed to find the room directly below the generator - and there was an on switch. Wondering if it still worked, there was nothing to do but try it out. We pulled the switch and the machine above began to home and buzz with power. The lights in the rooms around us flickered, doors slammed open and closed, and we quickly realized that perhaps the system was not quite up to code in this day and age. The loud generator noises were soon followed by the crashing sounds of rockslides and collapses in the caverns above. We dove for cover under the nearest table and waited as we listened to the ceiling cave in the rooms nearby. It was not too long before the generator settled into a quiet hum and the sounds of collapse stopped. We crept from our hiding place and found the room we were in generally unharmed. When we left this room, we found that the laboratory adjacent to it had cracked nearly in half, opening up the wall, revealing the room beyond that had been filled entirely with ice and frozen for many years. A white smoke flowed from this newly revealed labyrinth of ice, and we soon realized that we were not alone. Ghostly spirits, floating in unidentifiable blue and white shapes, drifted from the place in which they had been trapped for so long. Confused and angry, the spectral blurs swarmed around us. Coeus surrounded us in a protective aura, keeping the spirits at bay as they escaped from the crack in the ice. They soon rushed away, up through the ceiling, presumably to find their freedom. With the ice-coated labyrinth revealed for the first time in possibly thousands of years, we knew that we had to go inside to see what was there. The level of preservation in an area that was frozen solid in ice had to be far improved to the areas we had been wandering before. Of course, we wanted to be sure that we were ready for whatever we might find within, so we took the opportunity to log our activities, make our camp, and rest. [/quote] [insert loud continuous screaming here] I felt so excited to read this and I'm guessing my group found a laboratory left from The Second Age. I wonder what's left in the notes (and what exactly a lab was doing so deep in ice), but woah those spirits were not expected at all. I hope they're in a better kind of place now! So brownie points for Techne for basically getting my group into this lab and helping them make their way through it. Points to Coeus for protecting [s]my babies[/s] the group. Although Lave hasn't done much I'm sure he was busy at work trying to map out the lab, and being the tactician that he is, was probably chatting a lot with Techne about the the things they came across in the lab. On a side note, one of the items my group collected was: [item="ghostly aura"] Does this mean that a lonely, friendly ghost spirit decided to stick with my dragons for a little while? c': I can't wait for the next log to find out what's in the ice labyrinth eep
Log - Day 5 - Hidden Laboratory wrote:

As the door slid open, an icy cold smoke poured out from within. When it settled, we found ourselves face to face with a massive, elaborate laboratory unlike anything we had ever seen before. Machines and gadgets, chemistry equipment and experiments, all partly frozen in ice and long, long abandoned. The longer we walked about, the more we began to suspect that this laboratory was not built by any living creature. The texts and notes were written in a strange and unidentifiable language that was only seen in ancient artifacts, but here it existed in better condition than ever found before - thanks to the ice.

The state of the laboratory was, despite not having corroded much over time, not particularly good. Walls in places had crumbled and, without power, the doors and machines did not properly function, making navigation difficult. It almost looked as if an explosion had gone off in some of the rooms, scorch marks pressed against the floors and glass shattered into many pieces.

We were lucky that we had Techne with us, to assist in powering on doors and allowing us to pass without too much trouble.

As we navigated these areas, Techne had been trying to figure out what was going on here. It was hard to say exactly, but it seemed to be some sort of research facility. We managed to collect a great deal of notes, and hoped that with years of study we might be able to decode them, figuring out what happened to the creatures who built this place and what they were doing here. Perhaps we might even get more insight into the extinct ancient species that we had often found archaeological evidence of.

We also had discerned that, just above the facility, was some kind of massive power plant. All of the wiring and electricity led upwards to the same place, although we weren't quite sure how to get up there - or what the power source was. After a few hours of exploring, we managed to find the room directly below the generator - and there was an on switch.

Wondering if it still worked, there was nothing to do but try it out. We pulled the switch and the machine above began to home and buzz with power. The lights in the rooms around us flickered, doors slammed open and closed, and we quickly realized that perhaps the system was not quite up to code in this day and age.

The loud generator noises were soon followed by the crashing sounds of rockslides and collapses in the caverns above. We dove for cover under the nearest table and waited as we listened to the ceiling cave in the rooms nearby.

It was not too long before the generator settled into a quiet hum and the sounds of collapse stopped. We crept from our hiding place and found the room we were in generally unharmed.

When we left this room, we found that the laboratory adjacent to it had cracked nearly in half, opening up the wall, revealing the room beyond that had been filled entirely with ice and frozen for many years. A white smoke flowed from this newly revealed labyrinth of ice, and we soon realized that we were not alone.

Ghostly spirits, floating in unidentifiable blue and white shapes, drifted from the place in which they had been trapped for so long. Confused and angry, the spectral blurs swarmed around us.

Coeus surrounded us in a protective aura, keeping the spirits at bay as they escaped from the crack in the ice. They soon rushed away, up through the ceiling, presumably to find their freedom.

With the ice-coated labyrinth revealed for the first time in possibly thousands of years, we knew that we had to go inside to see what was there. The level of preservation in an area that was frozen solid in ice had to be far improved to the areas we had been wandering before. Of course, we wanted to be sure that we were ready for whatever we might find within, so we took the opportunity to log our activities, make our camp, and rest.

[insert loud continuous screaming here]

I felt so excited to read this and I'm guessing my group found a laboratory left from The Second Age. I wonder what's left in the notes (and what exactly a lab was doing so deep in ice), but woah those spirits were not expected at all. I hope they're in a better kind of place now! So brownie points for Techne for basically getting my group into this lab and helping them make their way through it. Points to Coeus for protecting my babies the group. Although Lave hasn't done much I'm sure he was busy at work trying to map out the lab, and being the tactician that he is, was probably chatting a lot with Techne about the the things they came across in the lab.

On a side note, one of the items my group collected was:

Ghostly Aura

Does this mean that a lonely, friendly ghost spirit decided to stick with my dragons for a little while? c':

I can't wait for the next log to find out what's in the ice labyrinth eep
WMCEgD8.pngBBbdtM7.gif9NebY9Q.gifECIFNWP.png
[quote=Day 5] 'Morning' came - and it brought with it aching backs and cold toes. By this point, we were beginning to grow a bit tired of having to sleep on the cold, hard ground, but our trip was nearly halfway done and there was still so much more to see. We ate our breakfast, packed our camp, and hopped up to continue our journey. We had not been looking for long when we came across the beautiful sight of sparkling gemstones, everywhere. As we entered a series of crystalline caverns the passages became tighter and more jagged, and the crystals more and more reflective - almost creating a hall of mirrors that easily disoriented us as we wandered through. The light from our lanterns flickered against the floors, walls, and ceiling, bouncing around the corners and sometimes nearly blinding us upon hitting a gemstone at just the wrong angle. We continued through these caves, although slowly and cautiously, taking samples as we went and hoping that we would not become lost. Fortunately, Anastasia's ability to punch a hole in the crystalline walls kept us kept us on track and headed in the right direction. Eventually we made our way to the center of these caverns - and up ahead we could see a promising pit in the floor, but it was unfortunately blocked by a thin crystalline wall. Anastasia punched the wall with all of her might, allowing us to make our way into the chamber. Now able to pass through the wall, we were able to look into the hole in the cavern floor. We had the perfect, bird's-eye view of the large open chamber containing the horrible 'mother' of all mutants. The creature, a writhing mass of black tentacles and eyes, wiggled about, eating the dragon eggs and other foods that the tiny, similar creatures brought it. Now that we were here, we realized that we needed to be very careful. The horrible creature could easily reach one of its tendrils up through the hole to grab us. This was a good time to be stealthy. Lieyel beckoned us away from the pit and used her magic to coat each of us in a dark ice covering, making us look just like chunks of cave. We then covered ourselves with dirt and leaves and such to help us better blend in. When we had finished making ourselves look like ordinary rocks and plantlife, we crouched down at the edge of the hole, peering over the side. From here, we watched the creatures, taking notes and learning as much as we could. One of the things we first noticed, is that it was quite clear that these 'creatures' had once been a relatively normal form of wildlife. Years of exposure to the dust had left them strange and mutated, with unusual black tentacles and extra eyes and other limbs. Some of the creatures had mutated more than others. There were creatures nearly recognizable as mice and bats, and others that had long since left their status as 'normal wildlife' behind. The second thing that became clear is that the 'mother' was nearly entirely dependent on the smaller creatures. It was so large that it could no longer fit through the tunnels, leaving its children to dig tunnels, collect food from the caverns above, and perhaps even venture outside of the cave itself. The fact that it was eating nocturne eggs, helpless beastclan individuals, and other surface-dwelling creatures indicated that the appetite of this thing may be forcing the helpers to the surface. The third and final thing that we noticed, is that the cause of all of this seemed to be the dust, which was drifting up from narrow slots in the floor. Creatures collected the dust in piles and licked it up - almost as if it were a source of energy itself. The creatures had such a great appetite for it that there was nearly none on the walls or in the air in this chamber. When we grew tired of watching the creature, we retreated into a secluded corner of the crystalline caves to make our camp and sleep in shifts. We still had the full intention of trying to take it down - as it was clearly a serious hazard to dragonkind - but we needed to be fully rested in order to do so. [/quote]
Day 5 wrote:

Fortunately, Anastasia's ability to punch a hole in the crystalline walls kept us kept us on track and headed in the right direction.

Anastasia punched the wall with all of her might, allowing us to make our way into the chamber.

Lieyel beckoned us away from the pit and used her magic to coat each of us in a dark ice covering, making us look just like chunks of cave. We then covered ourselves with dirt and leaves and such to help us better blend in. When we had finished making ourselves look like ordinary rocks and plantlife, we crouched down at the edge of the hole, peering over the side.

From here, we watched the creatures, taking notes and learning as much as we could.

When we grew tired of watching the creature, we retreated into a secluded corner of the crystalline caves to make our camp and sleep in shifts. We still had the full intention of trying to take it down - as it was clearly a serious hazard to dragonkind - but we needed to be fully rested in order to do so.
6jinxGw.gifYhZESmf.pngGEiGsqG.pngylmCoHN.pngrmCl6LF.pngCcnk6GC.gif
All Day 5 Logs are now out! We're about to hit the peak of the adventure as Day 6 Logs involve the Final Challenge. If your dragons manage to succeed in these very difficult last events, they will receive great prizes in the Day 7 Conclusion Logs. :O There are a few nice prizes for losers as well, but not as guaranteed.

4 are headed to Log 6A
81 are headed to Log 6B
92 are headed to Log 6C
2 are headed to Log 6D

Thread Highlights!

@Gheron @sgkat @alagasianflame @acheronta @casuallySleepy @Digdog @Leucine @dividedAnimus @zzzhorses @Elysiuhm @tehcoffeezombie @TimelordSnowy @Hypernovae @Lykomancer @Skia @Leucoss @Mozzi @FishJelly @StarlineRose @Dandelionqueen @Elsu @Oricole @CatkinStarchild @Geisterwolf @Saturdaylemon @Nimphy @Krysana @Lamentations @StormDragon21 @BlakeSMyth @Amariel @Ashliel @Faeyra @GoldenEggy @whereisbarton @Siritys @MagykalWagykal @CanisMajoris @Wintercreek @Peachycupcake525 @HSoup @heroed @felistopaz @HuntingAlpha @arashiyama @daineger @Aryana @TwiliWolf @sagaxi @Tentakles @Marmite @fluffballofdoom @Jetfeather @Shadowdawn199 @Maegelcarwen @lovelyhills @Imani @tigressRising @remuslupn @tantayo @Krocodalie @Firewins @bellzan @Krycelli @myrese @Pennifeather @Bibliomancer @Starongie @Demonify @Silverpine @Larphen @Tianae @Kyumileo @smeen @AthenaCorvus @Stormdragon @Amyatzu @ophician @Juri01 @faikitty @NuclearWaffles @KitsuneRuna @Lyncina @ElementDarkSoul @fennekin @ghosthymn @brokenstone @Hinumi @Lakefrost @Lundlaeva @RRHepburn @sherbertglasses @Tues @cyleris @helenehime @Samoqueen @LibreNoctre @Valligator @treesponge @Counterklock @Dragonine @TheHeroicOne @Sammis @Satchen @Pandamoniaz @Riverflower @beargirl1393 @Thewarywatcher13 @Gedhyr @KyaruTheWriter @Dulcette @Talicinx @Frysa @Lainer @Titch @Avatasho @Hawlucha @Shougoney @Lileewink @Caspar @Ciphers @Katsra @evosoul @SolemnSongbird @MintyDragon @ThisOneIsBlue @Stanari @JinxMoonstone @XYZayne @evarett @SilverWinter @infinitesky @Pharaohess @PlatinumDream @Katsuokai @yyalls @Clavicado @Alephelion @WanderingTurtle @Chanilove @DeadlyFang @Soulykins @Leocor @Aureate @ThystLodagi @Kallistrate @Azuredusk @argylion @Blauw @excessnight @SelenaSilverwolf @DrZiegler @moomargh @Eialyne @RemanLT @Toothless @Kamme @FawnStars7 @Undermom @qwigoqwaga @Scatterspark @Coordinator @loppy1352 @Nick462 @Azure @aelith @WorldOfOurOwn @Ravenhart @sockmonkeygerald @Achiem @Kalideoscope @Helianthe @Fallenarrow @Mangusto @PinkyPearl @Frauzis @veinlily @Husker @Elysadie
All Day 5 Logs are now out! We're about to hit the peak of the adventure as Day 6 Logs involve the Final Challenge. If your dragons manage to succeed in these very difficult last events, they will receive great prizes in the Day 7 Conclusion Logs. :O There are a few nice prizes for losers as well, but not as guaranteed.

4 are headed to Log 6A
81 are headed to Log 6B
92 are headed to Log 6C
2 are headed to Log 6D

Thread Highlights!

@Gheron @sgkat @alagasianflame @acheronta @casuallySleepy @Digdog @Leucine @dividedAnimus @zzzhorses @Elysiuhm @tehcoffeezombie @TimelordSnowy @Hypernovae @Lykomancer @Skia @Leucoss @Mozzi @FishJelly @StarlineRose @Dandelionqueen @Elsu @Oricole @CatkinStarchild @Geisterwolf @Saturdaylemon @Nimphy @Krysana @Lamentations @StormDragon21 @BlakeSMyth @Amariel @Ashliel @Faeyra @GoldenEggy @whereisbarton @Siritys @MagykalWagykal @CanisMajoris @Wintercreek @Peachycupcake525 @HSoup @heroed @felistopaz @HuntingAlpha @arashiyama @daineger @Aryana @TwiliWolf @sagaxi @Tentakles @Marmite @fluffballofdoom @Jetfeather @Shadowdawn199 @Maegelcarwen @lovelyhills @Imani @tigressRising @remuslupn @tantayo @Krocodalie @Firewins @bellzan @Krycelli @myrese @Pennifeather @Bibliomancer @Starongie @Demonify @Silverpine @Larphen @Tianae @Kyumileo @smeen @AthenaCorvus @Stormdragon @Amyatzu @ophician @Juri01 @faikitty @NuclearWaffles @KitsuneRuna @Lyncina @ElementDarkSoul @fennekin @ghosthymn @brokenstone @Hinumi @Lakefrost @Lundlaeva @RRHepburn @sherbertglasses @Tues @cyleris @helenehime @Samoqueen @LibreNoctre @Valligator @treesponge @Counterklock @Dragonine @TheHeroicOne @Sammis @Satchen @Pandamoniaz @Riverflower @beargirl1393 @Thewarywatcher13 @Gedhyr @KyaruTheWriter @Dulcette @Talicinx @Frysa @Lainer @Titch @Avatasho @Hawlucha @Shougoney @Lileewink @Caspar @Ciphers @Katsra @evosoul @SolemnSongbird @MintyDragon @ThisOneIsBlue @Stanari @JinxMoonstone @XYZayne @evarett @SilverWinter @infinitesky @Pharaohess @PlatinumDream @Katsuokai @yyalls @Clavicado @Alephelion @WanderingTurtle @Chanilove @DeadlyFang @Soulykins @Leocor @Aureate @ThystLodagi @Kallistrate @Azuredusk @argylion @Blauw @excessnight @SelenaSilverwolf @DrZiegler @moomargh @Eialyne @RemanLT @Toothless @Kamme @FawnStars7 @Undermom @qwigoqwaga @Scatterspark @Coordinator @loppy1352 @Nick462 @Azure @aelith @WorldOfOurOwn @Ravenhart @sockmonkeygerald @Achiem @Kalideoscope @Helianthe @Fallenarrow @Mangusto @PinkyPearl @Frauzis @veinlily @Husker @Elysadie
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
[quote]'Morning' came - and it brought with it aching backs and cold toes. By this point, we were beginning to grow a bit tired of having to sleep on the cold, hard ground, but our trip was nearly halfway done and there was still so much more to see. We ate our breakfast, packed our camp, and hopped up to continue our journey. We had not been looking for long when we came across the beautiful sight of sparkling gemstones, everywhere. As we entered a series of crystalline caverns the passages became tighter and more jagged, and the crystals more and more reflective - almost creating a hall of mirrors that easily disoriented us as we wandered through. The light from our lanterns flickered against the floors, walls, and ceiling, bouncing around the corners and sometimes nearly blinding us upon hitting a gemstone at just the wrong angle. We continued through these caves, although slowly and cautiously, taking samples as we went and hoping that we would not become lost. Fortunately, Valkin's map kept us on track and headed in the right direction. Eventually we made our way to the center of these caverns - and up ahead we could see a promising pit in the floor, but it was unfortunately blocked by a thin crystalline wall. Valkin moved the crystals aside with magic, allowing us to make our way into the chamber. Now able to pass through the wall, we were able to look into the hole in the cavern floor. We had the perfect, bird's-eye view of the large open chamber containing the horrible 'mother' of all mutants. The creature, a writhing mass of black tentacles and eyes, wiggled about, eating the dragon eggs and other foods that the tiny, similar creatures brought it. Now that we were here, we realized that we needed to be very careful. The horrible creature could easily reach one of its tendrils up through the hole to grab us. This was a good time to be stealthy. Valkin beckoned us away from the pit and used her magic to coat each of us in a thin stone covering, making us look just like rocks. We then covered ourselves with dirt and leaves and such to help us better blend in. When we had finished making ourselves look like ordinary rocks and plantlife, we crouched down at the edge of the hole, peering over the side. From here, we watched the creatures, taking notes and learning as much as we could. One of the things we first noticed, is that it was quite clear that these 'creatures' had once been a relatively normal form of wildlife. Years of exposure to the dust had left them strange and mutated, with unusual black tentacles and extra eyes and other limbs. Some of the creatures had mutated more than others. There were creatures nearly recognizable as mice and bats, and others that had long since left their status as 'normal wildlife' behind. The second thing that became clear is that the 'mother' was nearly entirely dependent on the smaller creatures. It was so large that it could no longer fit through the tunnels, leaving its children to dig tunnels, collect food from the caverns above, and perhaps even venture outside of the cave itself. The fact that it was eating nocturne eggs, helpless beastclan individuals, and other surface-dwelling creatures indicated that the appetite of this thing may be forcing the helpers to the surface. The third and final thing that we noticed, is that the cause of all of this seemed to be the dust, which was drifting up from narrow slots in the floor. Creatures collected the dust in piles and licked it up - almost as if it were a source of energy itself. The creatures had such a great appetite for it that there was nearly none on the walls or in the air in this chamber. When we grew tired of watching the creature, we retreated into a secluded corner of the crystalline caves to make our camp and sleep in shifts. We still had the full intention of trying to take it down - as it was clearly a serious hazard to dragonkind - but we needed to be fully rested in order to do so [center] [item=amber][item=onyx][item=fortification agate][/center] [/quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13478914] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/134790/13478914_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] When i started this journey, i hoped the experience would clarify mi mind, guide to who i was before my pearl got stolen. The survival and isoleted silence should help the mind clear itself, or at least, break it enough so doesnt linger on the past and let me be completely a new. However what we discover today, those creatures that are no longer what they were, would hunt me forever. They didnt remember what they were, they didnt care about their own and they were almost empty shells, moved only by inertia. Was that my destiny? I would have been been fall into the hole, too hipnotized by the horror, if it were for Valkin who make us step back to cover. She didnt say anything about it, but i saw her worriedsome expression trought the glass of her googles, she had lived long and its not easy to fool the experienced When we came back we keep on analizyng the creatures. It was clear to Yuna, by their movements, size and smell that they were once natural beings and not much different from the ones being feed to the mother-monster that not even our hunter could identify. What it was? A yeti? An imperial? And what was this dust that turned them into this...this thing? It didnt seem like recesive arcane energies but it was something you could tipically think of ice, however i must admit i have never reserarched (or cared, to be honest) for the southern icefields. Whatever it was, our fighter make the most obvious choice for the group and decided aloud that we should take it down and bring it back to the clan as a prize. Dreams of honor and glory seemed childish to me, but it was clear we couldt let that thing keep growing until was too strong to be defeated We need it to kill it, now.
Quote:

Fortunately, Valkin's map kept us on track and headed in the right direction.

Valkin moved the crystals aside with magic, allowing us to make our way into the chamber.

Valkin beckoned us away from the pit and used her magic to coat each of us in a thin stone covering, making us look just like rocks. We then covered ourselves with dirt and leaves and such to help us better blend in. When we had finished making ourselves look like ordinary rocks and plantlife, we crouched down at the edge of the hole, peering over the side.

From here, we watched the creatures, taking notes and learning as much as we could.

When we grew tired of watching the creature, we retreated into a secluded corner of the crystalline caves to make our camp and sleep in shifts. We still had the full intention of trying to take it down - as it was clearly a serious hazard to dragonkind - but we needed to be fully rested in order to do so
Amber Onyx Fortification Agate
When i started this journey, i hoped the experience would clarify mi mind, guide to who i was before my pearl got stolen. The survival and isoleted silence should help the mind clear itself, or at least, break it enough so doesnt linger on the past and let me be completely a new.

However what we discover today, those creatures that are no longer what they were, would hunt me forever. They didnt remember what they were, they didnt care about their own and they were almost empty shells, moved only by inertia. Was that my destiny? I would have been been fall into the hole, too hipnotized by the horror, if it were for Valkin who make us step back to cover. She didnt say anything about it, but i saw her worriedsome expression trought the glass of her googles, she had lived long and its not easy to fool the experienced

When we came back we keep on analizyng the creatures. It was clear to Yuna, by their movements, size and smell that they were once natural beings and not much different from the ones being feed to the mother-monster that not even our hunter could identify. What it was? A yeti? An imperial? And what was this dust that turned them into this...this thing? It didnt seem like recesive arcane energies but it was something you could tipically think of ice, however i must admit i have never reserarched (or cared, to be honest) for the southern icefields. Whatever it was, our fighter make the most obvious choice for the group and decided aloud that we should take it down and bring it back to the clan as a prize. Dreams of honor and glory seemed childish to me, but it was clear we couldt let that thing keep growing until was too strong to be defeated

We need it to kill it, now.
MCXC90a.png
she/her- Fr +5 - Games / Events entusiast
Familiars in Flames & Lava cookies

oAk80j4.png
I am not a creature that was born.
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
Quote:
Shade beckoned us away from the pit, using her magic to turn each of us into an incorporeal smoke. We practiced drifting about and maintaining control of our new strange forms for quite a while, trying to get the hang of it. When we had finished growing accustomed to life as a strange fog, we crouched down at the edge of the hole, peering over the side.

Shade...Shade darling...if there is 1 thing Harry Potter taught me its that YOU DONT TRANSFIGURED LIVING THINGS INTO OTHER THINGS Maybe this isn't a case of transfiguring but THERE IS NO MENTION OF THEM TURNING BACK TO NORMAL D: Shade What have you done D:
Quote:
Shade beckoned us away from the pit, using her magic to turn each of us into an incorporeal smoke. We practiced drifting about and maintaining control of our new strange forms for quite a while, trying to get the hang of it. When we had finished growing accustomed to life as a strange fog, we crouched down at the edge of the hole, peering over the side.

Shade...Shade darling...if there is 1 thing Harry Potter taught me its that YOU DONT TRANSFIGURED LIVING THINGS INTO OTHER THINGS Maybe this isn't a case of transfiguring but THERE IS NO MENTION OF THEM TURNING BACK TO NORMAL D: Shade What have you done D:
PJz0lfZ.png
1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 103 104