Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 103 104
[quote name="@myrese" date=2017-01-28 21:10:29] A part of my message deserves a direct quote. Similar in spirit to that time on the first day when a Fae dragged an Imperial onto safe ground: [quote=Log - Day 3] Sathonyx led the way into the pit. When we had climbed nearly halfway to the bottom, Sathonyx, who was at the top, slipped, crashing into the others and leading the whole group plummeting to the bottom. Sathonyx, who had the misfortune of being on the bottom, was crushed beneath the weight of the other team members. [/quote] You read that correctly: Sathonyx goes from being on the bottom, to the top, to the bottom again, all in the space of three sentences. [/quote] RIP This is what happens when I randomize the dragon that falls onto the others and don't check to make sure it's not a duplicate
@myrese wrote on 2017-01-28:
A part of my message deserves a direct quote. Similar in spirit to that time on the first day when a Fae dragged an Imperial onto safe ground:
Log - Day 3 wrote:
Sathonyx led the way into the pit. When we had climbed nearly halfway to the bottom, Sathonyx, who was at the top, slipped, crashing into the others and leading the whole group plummeting to the bottom. Sathonyx, who had the misfortune of being on the bottom, was crushed beneath the weight of the other team members.

You read that correctly: Sathonyx goes from being on the bottom, to the top, to the bottom again, all in the space of three sentences.

RIP This is what happens when I randomize the dragon that falls onto the others and don't check to make sure it's not a duplicate
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
So we're in a bioluminescent cave and beset upon by a giant glowing spider. Hrothgar sighed, muttering "spiders...why is it always spiders?"

Ftemtem, largely ignoring the battle between Hrothgar and the spider went around casually collecting samples of everything in the cave, and even parts of the spider after it had been dispatched.

Northwind had a close look at Hrothgar to determine if he was injured and saw nothing of concern.
So we're in a bioluminescent cave and beset upon by a giant glowing spider. Hrothgar sighed, muttering "spiders...why is it always spiders?"

Ftemtem, largely ignoring the battle between Hrothgar and the spider went around casually collecting samples of everything in the cave, and even parts of the spider after it had been dispatched.

Northwind had a close look at Hrothgar to determine if he was injured and saw nothing of concern.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
[b]Team Bloodbellow's Expedition Log Day 3[/b] [quote="Vryo's Log"] So it seems that good ol' Viscy isn't totally useless. When we woke up, the camp seemed to have a small infestation of Ember Mice. I honestly have no idea how they'd survive down here, but I'm not one to judge nature. The little dudes scampered off into a side tunnel, and it seemed like they wanted us to follow. Starsign turned to us and made a joke about how they were on their way to lock a thread, which caused Visceral to double over with laughter for a good five minutes. After a short walk, the cave widened, and it looked like it was personally blessed by the Lightweaver herself. Everything, and I mean [u]everything[/u], was glowing. Glowing bugs. Glowing mice. Glowing bats. Glowing plants. Glowing ceiling. Starsign looked extremely disoriented by the light. She pointed out that there was a fine dusty powder in the air, but it didnt seem harmful. All it did was coat us in a fine layer of gold glitter (which actually looked very nice combined with my dull scales). After a while, Visceral looked pretty uneasy. He motioned for us to stop walking, and managed to find a set of small footprints (they had no toes, it looked like a Wildclaw walked through while on top of their claws). After a bit of sniffing around, we found that it just wasn't here anymore (Visceral's wording, not mine). Well, until a glittery glob of spit hit me on my shoulder. We slowly looked up, and I'm pretty sure my life flashed before my eyes. A spider about as big as a Snapper was clinging onto the ceiling. It dropped, landing on its back. Visceral rushed forward and, to our disbelief, [i]tore off one of its legs[/i]. He then got behind a mass of boulders while the spider screeched at the sudden loss of a limb. With a surprisingly small amount of effort, he launched one of the rocks rolling towards the spider. Pinned down by the head, the spider writhed in desperation to get free, while Visceral charged towards it's abdomen. He shoved his snout into it's skin, and began tearing it apart. After packing enough spider meat to feed a large clan of Faes, we decided to follow another small passage. This one, to Starsign's relief, was circular and icy, the only light source coming from the room behind us. I'm pretty sure that I'll be scrubbing arachnid guts out of every crevice in my scales for at least a week when we get home. -Vryo [/quote]
Team Bloodbellow's Expedition Log
Day 3

Vryo's Log wrote:
So it seems that good ol' Viscy isn't totally useless.

When we woke up, the camp seemed to have a small infestation of Ember Mice. I honestly have no idea how they'd survive down here, but I'm not one to judge nature.
The little dudes scampered off into a side tunnel, and it seemed like they wanted us to follow. Starsign turned to us and made a joke about how they were on their way to lock a thread, which caused Visceral to double over with laughter for a good five minutes.

After a short walk, the cave widened, and it looked like it was personally blessed by the Lightweaver herself. Everything, and I mean everything, was glowing. Glowing bugs. Glowing mice. Glowing bats. Glowing plants. Glowing ceiling. Starsign looked extremely disoriented by the light. She pointed out that there was a fine dusty powder in the air, but it didnt seem harmful. All it did was coat us in a fine layer of gold glitter (which actually looked very nice combined with my dull scales).

After a while, Visceral looked pretty uneasy. He motioned for us to stop walking, and managed to find a set of small footprints (they had no toes, it looked like a Wildclaw walked through while on top of their claws). After a bit of sniffing around, we found that it just wasn't here anymore (Visceral's wording, not mine). Well, until a glittery glob of spit hit me on my shoulder. We slowly looked up, and I'm pretty sure my life flashed before my eyes.

A spider about as big as a Snapper was clinging onto the ceiling. It dropped, landing on its back. Visceral rushed forward and, to our disbelief, tore off one of its legs. He then got behind a mass of boulders while the spider screeched at the sudden loss of a limb. With a surprisingly small amount of effort, he launched one of the rocks rolling towards the spider. Pinned down by the head, the spider writhed in desperation to get free, while Visceral charged towards it's abdomen. He shoved his snout into it's skin, and began tearing it apart.

After packing enough spider meat to feed a large clan of Faes, we decided to follow another small passage. This one, to Starsign's relief, was circular and icy, the only light source coming from the room behind us.

I'm pretty sure that I'll be scrubbing arachnid guts out of every crevice in my scales for at least a week when we get home.
-Vryo
she/her || 18 || FR +3:00 || sagittarius
[center][size=6][font=Comic Sans MS][b]Logbook of the Vortex Squad[/b][/size][/font][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/18#post_25112117]Team[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/56#post_25227466]Entry 1[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/67#post_25260927]Entry 2[/url] | Entry 3 | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/93#post_25412175]Entry 4[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/96#post_25471355]Entry 5[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/99#post_25525256]Entry 6[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/105#post_25651575]Entry7[/url][/center] [center][img]http://oi67.tinypic.com/2yxm6va.jpg[/img][/center] [indent][size=4][font=Lucida Console][b]Entry 3 - Bioluminescence[/b][/size] [font=Lucida Console][b]Date[/b]: Jan 28, 2017 [font=Lucida Console][b]Location[/b]: Underground Ecosystem - Camp in the Ice-Coated Tunnel[/indent] [columns][img]http://oi66.tinypic.com/28s6mtj.jpg[/img] [nextcol]. [nextcol][size=4]As we, The Vortex Squad, woke up this morning, a small glowing mouse was sitting atop [b]Aztec[/b]'s head--our healer seemed apparently made himself a new friend while sleeping. After he shaked the creature off, we all stared at it: It was glowing!! The tiny bioluminescent baubles it was covered with had most likely to do with that matter. Looking up, we saw several more similar creatures running around in the distance, their lights bobbing up and down in the passages of the cave. After a few minutes of watching around in confusion, we ate, packed our things, and followed the little glowing mice--wherever they might lead us. As we progressed, we followed them to a cavern ahead and came to a breathtaking sight. The passage opened up into a massive underground ecosystem where everything was bioluminescent. Little animals scurried around, glowing. Plants grew along the walls and up towards the ceiling, glowing. Glowing insects buzzed around glowing flowers and glowing bats slept atop the glowing ceiling. We wondered what the cause of this might be--Aztec thought some theories--and noticed a thin, clear dust drifting throughout the air of the room. But as we had no trouble breathing, we didn't suspect any harmful effects. And so we continued through the bioluminescent caverns, picking up a number of samples along the way. How could there be so much life here, in what we had expected to be such a barren and lifeless cave?! [nextcol]. [nextcol][img]http://oi66.tinypic.com/28s6mtj.jpg[/img][/columns] It was then that Avalanche stopped and told everyone to stay quiet. And so we listened... we could hear the sounds of what seemed to be a very large creature moving through the vines!! But we were no cowards! We moved towards the sounds, hoping to get a glimpse of whatever it might be. Then we realized, we needed to look up!! As we did, we found ourselves face to face with a massive, glowing spider..... [center][center][img]http://oi66.tinypic.com/2rc5311.jpg[/img][/center][/center] The giant spider dropped from the ceiling towards us and we got ready for the inevitable combat. [b]Avalanche[/b], pushed the rest of us out of the way, scurried around the legs of the beast, distracting and disorienting it. Just moments later, he flew up and around the spider, digging his teeth and claws into the creature's neck. Clawing at its back in desperation, the spider tried to scrape the attacker off onto the nearby wall, without success. It was then that our warrior took his opportunity to deliver the final blow, eliminating his opponent. Our enemy was defeated and we continued on into a smaller side passageway. We followed some small and winding tunnels that eventually lead us to a massive, peculiarly straight tunnel with rough, ice-coated sides. It was huge--perhaps 100 meters in width, and equal number in height. We followed this tunnel for another few hours, collecting various samples from the walls, before setting our camp and eating our meal. Once again, I'm logging our activities before heading to get some sleep too. It defenitely was an exiting and tiring day for all of us! Signed in one's own hand [indent][size=7][font=Monotype Corsiva]Loki[/indent] [center][size=1]RESOURCES [url=https://alchemistclub.wikispaces.com/Deep+Sea+Vent+Ecosystem+Project]X[/url] [url=http://wallpapercave.com/w/jDwG1Ns]X[/url][/center]
Logbook of the Vortex Squad

Team | Entry 1 | Entry 2 | Entry 3 | Entry 4 | Entry 5 | Entry 6 | Entry7

2yxm6va.jpg

Entry 3 - Bioluminescence
Date: Jan 28, 2017
Location: Underground Ecosystem - Camp in the Ice-Coated Tunnel

28s6mtj.jpg . As we, The Vortex Squad, woke up this morning, a small glowing mouse was sitting atop Aztec's head--our healer seemed apparently made himself a new friend while sleeping. After he shaked the creature off, we all stared at it: It was glowing!! The tiny bioluminescent baubles it was covered with had most likely to do with that matter. Looking up, we saw several more similar creatures running around in the distance, their lights bobbing up and down in the passages of the cave. After a few minutes of watching around in confusion, we ate, packed our things, and followed the little glowing mice--wherever they might lead us.

As we progressed, we followed them to a cavern ahead and came to a breathtaking sight. The passage opened up into a massive underground ecosystem where everything was bioluminescent. Little animals scurried around, glowing. Plants grew along the walls and up towards the ceiling, glowing. Glowing insects buzzed around glowing flowers and glowing bats slept atop the glowing ceiling. We wondered what the cause of this might be--Aztec thought some theories--and noticed a thin, clear dust drifting throughout the air of the room. But as we had no trouble breathing, we didn't suspect any harmful effects. And so we continued through the bioluminescent caverns, picking up a number of samples along the way.

How could there be so much life here, in what we had expected to be such a barren and lifeless cave?!
. 28s6mtj.jpg

It was then that Avalanche stopped and told everyone to stay quiet. And so we listened... we could hear the sounds of what seemed to be a very large creature moving through the vines!!

But we were no cowards! We moved towards the sounds, hoping to get a glimpse of whatever it might be. Then we realized, we needed to look up!! As we did, we found ourselves face to face with a massive, glowing spider.....

2rc5311.jpg

The giant spider dropped from the ceiling towards us and we got ready for the inevitable combat.

Avalanche, pushed the rest of us out of the way, scurried around the legs of the beast, distracting and disorienting it. Just moments later, he flew up and around the spider, digging his teeth and claws into the creature's neck. Clawing at its back in desperation, the spider tried to scrape the attacker off onto the nearby wall, without success. It was then that our warrior took his opportunity to deliver the final blow, eliminating his opponent.

Our enemy was defeated and we continued on into a smaller side passageway.

We followed some small and winding tunnels that eventually lead us to a massive, peculiarly straight tunnel with rough, ice-coated sides. It was huge--perhaps 100 meters in width, and equal number in height. We followed this tunnel for another few hours, collecting various samples from the walls, before setting our camp and eating our meal. Once again, I'm logging our activities before heading to get some sleep too. It defenitely was an exiting and tiring day for all of us!

Signed in one's own hand
Loki

RESOURCES X X
Looks like Team Lund dodged a bullet, today, and avoided the giant spider that is lurking in these caverns. (For the time being, anyway ; - ; Let's hope we stay away from it!) And also they didn't have to swim in an icy lake, yay? It's fascinating reading what the other teams are getting up to! :D

NLwNQMp.png

The Lundlaevungar:
1HiizCv.png
Skadi
The Huntress
VWUGlcc.png
Mimir
The Pirate
bp7cKuT.png
Bucky
The Winter Soldier

Scenes from Day 3

NLwNQMp.png

All due haste

When he awoke within the cold an barren tunnel, Mimir was keen to continue as quickly as possible and chivvied his fellow travellers along through breaking camp.

"We must hurry if we want to catch up with whatever beastie made these tunnels!" he insisted.

"Do we want to catch it?" Bucky muttered under his breath to Skadi, who looked as dubious as Bucky sounded. Mimir glared and continued to stuff his supplies into his pack. He wanted to find the creature - or at least it's lair. Find out what shinies it might have hidden away inside.

He was glad when finally they had packed up and could get moving. Not least because he was cold, and the endless walking through the tunnels at least took the edge off the frigid temperatures.

NLwNQMp.png

Tracking their quarry ...

After a couple of turns in the tunnel, the group came to an intersection, where two equally round and equally straight tunnels crossed each other - clearly both bored out by the creature, and identical in every way.

For once, Mimir's confidence wavered: he clearly had no idea of which way to go. Bucky looked at Skadi and murmured, "You said you were a tracker, right ...?"

She nodded and ushered both her companions back into the tunnel they had just emerged from - the only tunnel they could all easily discount - and went to work. She carefully inspected the passage, noting the score marks and grooves on all of the walls and comparing them all to see which way had seen the most recent activity. Finally, she decided and turned towards the left hand tunnel.

"This way."

NLwNQMp.png

Strange sighting

"What's that?!" Bucky hissed, throwing out his wings to stop his companions and pointing down the tunnel ahead of them towards an upcoming intersection, just visible in the dark up ahead.

Mimir patted his wing out of his face while Skadi peered over his shoulder.

The three of them stared at the small creature - it appeared to be a collection of slender black tendrils, like a soot-covered mop - as it scurried across the intersection.

"Come on, let's follow it," Bucky said as it disappeared into the dark. He stomped after the creature, his long Wildclaw strides eating up the distance as Mimir and Skadi ran after him. However, as he reached the intersection, he skidded to a halt, realising that there were more passages leading off than he had thought - hundreds, in fact! - and he had no way of knowing where the creature had gone.

"Well, great," Mimir grumbled. "You scared it off and now we have no idea where it's gone!"

"Give me a moment," Skadi growled in warning, and Mimir fell silent as she moved ahead of them, peering at the ice all around them.

Finally, she looked up, and then pointed towards a small tunnel near the ceiling. "There."

Then Bucky saw what Skadi had spotted: the evidence of the tendril-creature's footprints. He nodded his thanks, beat his wings to give him extra lift as he jumped for the passage entrance, and followed it.

NLwNQMp.png
Looks like Team Lund dodged a bullet, today, and avoided the giant spider that is lurking in these caverns. (For the time being, anyway ; - ; Let's hope we stay away from it!) And also they didn't have to swim in an icy lake, yay? It's fascinating reading what the other teams are getting up to! :D

NLwNQMp.png

The Lundlaevungar:
1HiizCv.png
Skadi
The Huntress
VWUGlcc.png
Mimir
The Pirate
bp7cKuT.png
Bucky
The Winter Soldier

Scenes from Day 3

NLwNQMp.png

All due haste

When he awoke within the cold an barren tunnel, Mimir was keen to continue as quickly as possible and chivvied his fellow travellers along through breaking camp.

"We must hurry if we want to catch up with whatever beastie made these tunnels!" he insisted.

"Do we want to catch it?" Bucky muttered under his breath to Skadi, who looked as dubious as Bucky sounded. Mimir glared and continued to stuff his supplies into his pack. He wanted to find the creature - or at least it's lair. Find out what shinies it might have hidden away inside.

He was glad when finally they had packed up and could get moving. Not least because he was cold, and the endless walking through the tunnels at least took the edge off the frigid temperatures.

NLwNQMp.png

Tracking their quarry ...

After a couple of turns in the tunnel, the group came to an intersection, where two equally round and equally straight tunnels crossed each other - clearly both bored out by the creature, and identical in every way.

For once, Mimir's confidence wavered: he clearly had no idea of which way to go. Bucky looked at Skadi and murmured, "You said you were a tracker, right ...?"

She nodded and ushered both her companions back into the tunnel they had just emerged from - the only tunnel they could all easily discount - and went to work. She carefully inspected the passage, noting the score marks and grooves on all of the walls and comparing them all to see which way had seen the most recent activity. Finally, she decided and turned towards the left hand tunnel.

"This way."

NLwNQMp.png

Strange sighting

"What's that?!" Bucky hissed, throwing out his wings to stop his companions and pointing down the tunnel ahead of them towards an upcoming intersection, just visible in the dark up ahead.

Mimir patted his wing out of his face while Skadi peered over his shoulder.

The three of them stared at the small creature - it appeared to be a collection of slender black tendrils, like a soot-covered mop - as it scurried across the intersection.

"Come on, let's follow it," Bucky said as it disappeared into the dark. He stomped after the creature, his long Wildclaw strides eating up the distance as Mimir and Skadi ran after him. However, as he reached the intersection, he skidded to a halt, realising that there were more passages leading off than he had thought - hundreds, in fact! - and he had no way of knowing where the creature had gone.

"Well, great," Mimir grumbled. "You scared it off and now we have no idea where it's gone!"

"Give me a moment," Skadi growled in warning, and Mimir fell silent as she moved ahead of them, peering at the ice all around them.

Finally, she looked up, and then pointed towards a small tunnel near the ceiling. "There."

Then Bucky saw what Skadi had spotted: the evidence of the tendril-creature's footprints. He nodded his thanks, beat his wings to give him extra lift as he jumped for the passage entrance, and followed it.

NLwNQMp.png
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[quote name="@acheronta" date=2017-01-28 17:13:22] dunno how they managed to wander around in submerged tunnels considering they breathe.....air? as far as i know. must be magic. [/quote] I've always imagined dragons to be the sorts of creatures that can hold their breath for a relatively long time in emergencies... similar to crocodilians, who can stay underwater rather a while if they absolutely need to .o. But they are also big sacks of magic according to lore so who knows how dragon biology works *shrugs wildly*
@acheronta wrote on 2017-01-28:
dunno how they managed to wander around in submerged tunnels considering they breathe.....air? as far as i know. must be magic.

I've always imagined dragons to be the sorts of creatures that can hold their breath for a relatively long time in emergencies... similar to crocodilians, who can stay underwater rather a while if they absolutely need to .o.

But they are also big sacks of magic according to lore so who knows how dragon biology works *shrugs wildly*
WpjbI2U.gif
Quote:
Greed, Loyalty, and Adventure awoke suddenly to the site of a small glowing mouse sitting atop Ilex's head. Shaking the creature off, we all stared at it in curiosity. It was covered in tiny bioluminescent baubles and, as we looked up, we could see several more similar creatures running around in the distance, their lights bobbing up and down in the passages of the cave.

After a few minutes of watching in confusion, we ate, packed our things, and followed the little glowing mice - wherever they might lead us.

As we progressed, we noticed a bright light coming from the cavern ahead. Following it, slightly worried about what it might be, we eventually came to a breathtaking sight. The passage opened up into a massive underground ecosystem where everything was bioluminescent. Little animals scurried around, glowing. Plants grew along the walls and up towards the ceiling, glowing. Glowing insects buzzed around glowing flowers and glowing bats slept atop the glowing ceiling. We wondered what the cause of this might be, and noticed a thin, clear dust drifting throughout the air of the room. Yet, we had no trouble breathing and did not seem to be experiencing any harmful effects.

As we continued through the bioluminescent caverns, picking up a number of samples along the way, we wondered how there could be so much life in what we had expected to be such a barren and lifeless cave.

It was then that Magdalena stopped and told the group to stay quiet. As we listened, we could hear the sounds of what seemed to be a very large creature moving through the vines.

Whatever this thing was, we wanted nothing to do with it. Looking for a place to which we could flee, we noticed a round, cylindrical pit beside us, descending deep into the ground below. It was just barely wide enough for us to squeeze into, but it was the only easy place for us to quickly escape.

Yaden took a grappling hook out of his pack and fastened it to the top of the pit. he then led the way in our descent. Using his rope, we were able to make our way to the very bottom unharmed.

The bottom of the pit opened up into another series of caverns, these looking a bit more... manually made, than the others. We spent another few hours walking in the areas below, noticing pick marks in the walls and the occasional line etched into the floor. When we became tired, we made our camp, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.

Good Job Team. Say some pretty wildlife, then GOT OUT OF THERE before anything bad happened.
Quote:
Greed, Loyalty, and Adventure awoke suddenly to the site of a small glowing mouse sitting atop Ilex's head. Shaking the creature off, we all stared at it in curiosity. It was covered in tiny bioluminescent baubles and, as we looked up, we could see several more similar creatures running around in the distance, their lights bobbing up and down in the passages of the cave.

After a few minutes of watching in confusion, we ate, packed our things, and followed the little glowing mice - wherever they might lead us.

As we progressed, we noticed a bright light coming from the cavern ahead. Following it, slightly worried about what it might be, we eventually came to a breathtaking sight. The passage opened up into a massive underground ecosystem where everything was bioluminescent. Little animals scurried around, glowing. Plants grew along the walls and up towards the ceiling, glowing. Glowing insects buzzed around glowing flowers and glowing bats slept atop the glowing ceiling. We wondered what the cause of this might be, and noticed a thin, clear dust drifting throughout the air of the room. Yet, we had no trouble breathing and did not seem to be experiencing any harmful effects.

As we continued through the bioluminescent caverns, picking up a number of samples along the way, we wondered how there could be so much life in what we had expected to be such a barren and lifeless cave.

It was then that Magdalena stopped and told the group to stay quiet. As we listened, we could hear the sounds of what seemed to be a very large creature moving through the vines.

Whatever this thing was, we wanted nothing to do with it. Looking for a place to which we could flee, we noticed a round, cylindrical pit beside us, descending deep into the ground below. It was just barely wide enough for us to squeeze into, but it was the only easy place for us to quickly escape.

Yaden took a grappling hook out of his pack and fastened it to the top of the pit. he then led the way in our descent. Using his rope, we were able to make our way to the very bottom unharmed.

The bottom of the pit opened up into another series of caverns, these looking a bit more... manually made, than the others. We spent another few hours walking in the areas below, noticing pick marks in the walls and the occasional line etched into the floor. When we became tired, we made our camp, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.

Good Job Team. Say some pretty wildlife, then GOT OUT OF THERE before anything bad happened.
Keyraven "Key"
FR + 1

cgtilJF.png

9eXyW7h.png
[quote=Day 3] Flurry of Fun awoke suddenly to the site of a small glowing mouse sitting atop Anastasia's head. Shaking the creature off, we all stared at it in curiosity. It was covered in tiny bioluminescent baubles and, as we looked up, we could see several more similar creatures running around in the distance, their lights bobbing up and down in the passages of the cave. After a few minutes of watching in confusion, we ate, packed our things, and followed the little glowing mice - wherever they might lead us. As we progressed, we noticed a bright light coming from the cavern ahead. Following it, slightly worried about what it might be, we eventually came to a breathtaking sight. The passage opened up into a massive underground ecosystem where everything was bioluminescent. Little animals scurried around, glowing. Plants grew along the walls and up towards the ceiling, glowing. Glowing insects buzzed around glowing flowers and glowing bats slept atop the glowing ceiling. We wondered what the cause of this might be, and noticed a thin, clear dust drifting throughout the air of the room. Yet, we had no trouble breathing and did not seem to be experiencing any harmful effects. As we continued through the bioluminescent caverns, picking up a number of samples along the way, we wondered how there could be so much life in what we had expected to be such a barren and lifeless cave. It was then that Lieyel stopped and told the group to stay quiet. As we listened, we could hear the sounds of what seemed to be a very large creature moving through the vines. But we were no cowards. We moved towards the sounds, hoping to get a glimpse of whatever they might be. It was then that we realized we need to look up. And as we did so, we found ourselves face to face with a massive, glowing spider. As the spider dropped from the ceiling towards us, our team readied for the inevitable combat. Anastasia, pushing the rest of us out of the way, scurried around the legs of the beast, distracting and disorienting it. Just moments later, she flew up and around the spider, digging her teeth and claws into the creature's neck. Clawing at its back in desperation, the spider tried to scrape the attacker off onto the nearby wall, without success. It was then that Anastasia took her opportunity to deliver the final blow, eliminating her opponent. Our enemy defeated, we continued on into a smaller side passageway. After a few hours of following the small and winding tunnels, we eventually came to a massive, peculiarly straight tunnel with rough, ice-coated sides. It measured perhaps 100 meters in width and an equal number in height. We followed this tunnel for another few hours, collecting various samples from the walls, before setting our camp, eating our meal, logging our activities, and going to sleep. [/quote]
Day 3 wrote:

Flurry of Fun awoke suddenly to the site of a small glowing mouse sitting atop Anastasia's head. Shaking the creature off, we all stared at it in curiosity. It was covered in tiny bioluminescent baubles and, as we looked up, we could see several more similar creatures running around in the distance, their lights bobbing up and down in the passages of the cave.

It was then that Lieyel stopped and told the group to stay quiet. As we listened, we could hear the sounds of what seemed to be a very large creature moving through the vines.

But we were no cowards. We moved towards the sounds, hoping to get a glimpse of whatever they might be. It was then that we realized we need to look up. And as we did so, we found ourselves face to face with a massive, glowing spider.

As the spider dropped from the ceiling towards us, our team readied for the inevitable combat.

Anastasia, pushing the rest of us out of the way, scurried around the legs of the beast, distracting and disorienting it. Just moments later, she flew up and around the spider, digging her teeth and claws into the creature's neck. Clawing at its back in desperation, the spider tried to scrape the attacker off onto the nearby wall, without success. It was then that Anastasia took her opportunity to deliver the final blow, eliminating her opponent.

Our enemy defeated, we continued on into a smaller side passageway.

After a few hours of following the small and winding tunnels, we eventually came to a massive, peculiarly straight tunnel with rough, ice-coated sides. It measured perhaps 100 meters in width and an equal number in height. We followed this tunnel for another few hours, collecting various samples from the walls, before setting our camp, eating our meal, logging our activities, and going to sleep.
6jinxGw.gifYhZESmf.pngGEiGsqG.pngylmCoHN.pngrmCl6LF.pngCcnk6GC.gif
And everyone should now have their Day 3 Logs!

13 are headed to Log 4A
72 are headed to Log 4B
92 are headed to Log 4C
2 are headed to Log 4D

The two of you headed to 4D are in for a real treat. You probably don't know who you are, and you probably think your dragons are in a very bad spot, but you've found a bit of a "secret path" to the story :O There are a number of you who had a near-miss with entering 4D as well. We haven't heard from anyone on this sort of path in the thread yet, so if you encountered a very slippery passage, do feel welcome to share your experiences.

Thread Highlights
@Gheron @sgkat @alagasianflame @acheronta @casuallySleepy @Digdog @Leucine @dividedAnimus @zzzhorses @Elysiuhm @tehcoffeezombie @TimelordSnowy @Hypernovae @Lykomancer @Skia @Leucoss @Mozzi @FishJelly @StarlineRose @Dandelionqueen @Elsu @Oricole @CatkinStarchild @Geisterwolf @Saturdaylemon @Nimphy @Krysana @Lamentations @StormDragon21 @BlakeSMyth @Amariel @Ashliel @Faeyra @GoldenEggy @whereisbarton @Siritys @MagykalWagykal @CanisMajoris @Wintercreek @Peachycupcake525 @HSoup @heroed @felistopaz @HuntingAlpha @arashiyama @daineger @Aryana @TwiliWolf @sagaxi @Tentakles @Marmite @fluffballofdoom @Jetfeather @Shadowdawn199 @Maegelcarwen @lovelyhills @Imani @tigressRising @remuslupn @tantayo @Krocodalie @Firewins @bellzan @Krycelli @myrese @Pennifeather @Bibliomancer @Starongie @Demonify @Silverpine @Larphen @Tianae @Kyumileo @smeen @AthenaCorvus @Stormdragon @Amyatzu @ophician @Juri01 @faikitty @NuclearWaffles @KitsuneRuna @Lyncina @ElementDarkSoul @fennekin @ghosthymn @brokenstone @Hinumi @Lakefrost @Lundlaeva @RRHepburn @sherbertglasses @Tues @cyleris @helenehime @Samoqueen @LibreNoctre @Valligator @treesponge @Counterklock @Dragonine @TheHeroicOne @Sammis @Satchen @Pandamoniaz @Riverflower @beargirl1393 @Thewarywatcher13 @Gedhyr @KyaruTheWriter @Dulcette @Talicinx @Frysa @Lainer @Yvaine @Avatasho @Hawlucha @Shougoney @Lileewink @Caspar @Ciphers @Katsra @evosoul @SolemnSongbird @MintyDragon @ThisOneIsBlue @Stanari @JinxMoonstone @XYZayne @evarett @SilverWinter @infinitesky @Pharaohess @PlatinumDream @Katsuokai @yyalls @Clavicado @Alephelion @WanderingTurtle @Chanilove @DeadlyFang @Soulykins @Leocor @Aureate @ThystLodagi @Kallistrate @Azuredusk @argylion @Blauw @excessnight @SelenaSilverwolf @DrZiegler @moomargh @Eialyne @RemanLT @Toothless @Kamme @FawnStars7 @Undermom @qwigoqwaga @Scatterspark @Coordinator @loppy1352 @Nick462 @Azure @aelith @WorldOfOurOwn @Ravenhart @sockmonkeygerald @Achiem @Kalideoscope @Helianthe @Fallenarrow @Mangusto @PinkyPearl @Frauzis @veinlily @Husker @Elysadie
And everyone should now have their Day 3 Logs!

13 are headed to Log 4A
72 are headed to Log 4B
92 are headed to Log 4C
2 are headed to Log 4D

The two of you headed to 4D are in for a real treat. You probably don't know who you are, and you probably think your dragons are in a very bad spot, but you've found a bit of a "secret path" to the story :O There are a number of you who had a near-miss with entering 4D as well. We haven't heard from anyone on this sort of path in the thread yet, so if you encountered a very slippery passage, do feel welcome to share your experiences.

Thread Highlights
@Gheron @sgkat @alagasianflame @acheronta @casuallySleepy @Digdog @Leucine @dividedAnimus @zzzhorses @Elysiuhm @tehcoffeezombie @TimelordSnowy @Hypernovae @Lykomancer @Skia @Leucoss @Mozzi @FishJelly @StarlineRose @Dandelionqueen @Elsu @Oricole @CatkinStarchild @Geisterwolf @Saturdaylemon @Nimphy @Krysana @Lamentations @StormDragon21 @BlakeSMyth @Amariel @Ashliel @Faeyra @GoldenEggy @whereisbarton @Siritys @MagykalWagykal @CanisMajoris @Wintercreek @Peachycupcake525 @HSoup @heroed @felistopaz @HuntingAlpha @arashiyama @daineger @Aryana @TwiliWolf @sagaxi @Tentakles @Marmite @fluffballofdoom @Jetfeather @Shadowdawn199 @Maegelcarwen @lovelyhills @Imani @tigressRising @remuslupn @tantayo @Krocodalie @Firewins @bellzan @Krycelli @myrese @Pennifeather @Bibliomancer @Starongie @Demonify @Silverpine @Larphen @Tianae @Kyumileo @smeen @AthenaCorvus @Stormdragon @Amyatzu @ophician @Juri01 @faikitty @NuclearWaffles @KitsuneRuna @Lyncina @ElementDarkSoul @fennekin @ghosthymn @brokenstone @Hinumi @Lakefrost @Lundlaeva @RRHepburn @sherbertglasses @Tues @cyleris @helenehime @Samoqueen @LibreNoctre @Valligator @treesponge @Counterklock @Dragonine @TheHeroicOne @Sammis @Satchen @Pandamoniaz @Riverflower @beargirl1393 @Thewarywatcher13 @Gedhyr @KyaruTheWriter @Dulcette @Talicinx @Frysa @Lainer @Yvaine @Avatasho @Hawlucha @Shougoney @Lileewink @Caspar @Ciphers @Katsra @evosoul @SolemnSongbird @MintyDragon @ThisOneIsBlue @Stanari @JinxMoonstone @XYZayne @evarett @SilverWinter @infinitesky @Pharaohess @PlatinumDream @Katsuokai @yyalls @Clavicado @Alephelion @WanderingTurtle @Chanilove @DeadlyFang @Soulykins @Leocor @Aureate @ThystLodagi @Kallistrate @Azuredusk @argylion @Blauw @excessnight @SelenaSilverwolf @DrZiegler @moomargh @Eialyne @RemanLT @Toothless @Kamme @FawnStars7 @Undermom @qwigoqwaga @Scatterspark @Coordinator @loppy1352 @Nick462 @Azure @aelith @WorldOfOurOwn @Ravenhart @sockmonkeygerald @Achiem @Kalideoscope @Helianthe @Fallenarrow @Mangusto @PinkyPearl @Frauzis @veinlily @Husker @Elysadie
WpjbI2U.gif
I suspect I'm one of the ones who had a near-miss with 4D.
Quote:
Snowspire Aspirers awoke within the cold and barren tunnel. After a quick meal, we packed up our gear and continued to follow the tunnel, wherever it might lead - hoping that this time we might actually be able to catch it if we moved quickly enough.

Trying to keep as fast a pace as possible, we soon came to a turn in the tunnel, and then another turn, and then an intersection in which two equally round and equally straight tunnels crossed each other. If we wanted to find the creature, we would need to figure out which direction it was in presently.

Rajani began a careful inspection of the passages, trying to determine which one had been most recently traversed. It was difficult with little around but scattered rocks and ice, but we eventually were able to discern that the creature had taken a left turn most recently - and so we did the same.

As we continued in pursuit of the creature, we began to have second thoughts. What would we do when we found it? Clearly it was gigantic, and presumably dangerous. There was little way we could take it on in combat alone - and what if we found it and were unable to escape? We came to regret our decision to follow this thing and went to turn around.

We soon realized that the tunnels had led us round and round like a maze, and finding our way back would not be easy.

At least, it would not have been easy if not for Amihan, whose incredible map of the caverns would allow us to easily navigate the tunnels we had covered throughout the day. We picked out an interesting side passage that we had seen along the way and made our way back to it.

As we walked, the tunnels grew less and less stone and more and more ice - very slippery ice. If any member of the team had claimed to not have fallen on their nose at least once, they would be lying. We all fell, many times, sliding across the floors and bumping into icy pillars and the occasional rock. It would have been hilarious, if not for what would happen next.

There we were, slipping and sliding our way through the tunnel, when the tunnel began to incline steeply. It was too small for us to fly, and too late for us to try anyway. With one fateful step, we found ourselves plummeting faster and faster through the tunnel, when we began speeding full speed towards a narrow crack in the floor of the passage.

In a moment of quick thinking, Amihan called out a spell, bending the ice in a way that covered the crack. Having been saved from falling into the unknown depths of a glacier, we carefully and slowly climbed our way up the incline and away from the crack. Having realized that the icy passage was far too dangerous, we made our way back to the stone caverns.

We spent the rest of the day wandering amongst a series of small but interesting caverns. Somewhere along the line, we began to notice pick marks in the walls and the occasional line etched into the floor, but nothing particularly interesting came of it. When we had grown tired, we made our camp, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.
I suspect I'm one of the ones who had a near-miss with 4D.
Quote:
Snowspire Aspirers awoke within the cold and barren tunnel. After a quick meal, we packed up our gear and continued to follow the tunnel, wherever it might lead - hoping that this time we might actually be able to catch it if we moved quickly enough.

Trying to keep as fast a pace as possible, we soon came to a turn in the tunnel, and then another turn, and then an intersection in which two equally round and equally straight tunnels crossed each other. If we wanted to find the creature, we would need to figure out which direction it was in presently.

Rajani began a careful inspection of the passages, trying to determine which one had been most recently traversed. It was difficult with little around but scattered rocks and ice, but we eventually were able to discern that the creature had taken a left turn most recently - and so we did the same.

As we continued in pursuit of the creature, we began to have second thoughts. What would we do when we found it? Clearly it was gigantic, and presumably dangerous. There was little way we could take it on in combat alone - and what if we found it and were unable to escape? We came to regret our decision to follow this thing and went to turn around.

We soon realized that the tunnels had led us round and round like a maze, and finding our way back would not be easy.

At least, it would not have been easy if not for Amihan, whose incredible map of the caverns would allow us to easily navigate the tunnels we had covered throughout the day. We picked out an interesting side passage that we had seen along the way and made our way back to it.

As we walked, the tunnels grew less and less stone and more and more ice - very slippery ice. If any member of the team had claimed to not have fallen on their nose at least once, they would be lying. We all fell, many times, sliding across the floors and bumping into icy pillars and the occasional rock. It would have been hilarious, if not for what would happen next.

There we were, slipping and sliding our way through the tunnel, when the tunnel began to incline steeply. It was too small for us to fly, and too late for us to try anyway. With one fateful step, we found ourselves plummeting faster and faster through the tunnel, when we began speeding full speed towards a narrow crack in the floor of the passage.

In a moment of quick thinking, Amihan called out a spell, bending the ice in a way that covered the crack. Having been saved from falling into the unknown depths of a glacier, we carefully and slowly climbed our way up the incline and away from the crack. Having realized that the icy passage was far too dangerous, we made our way back to the stone caverns.

We spent the rest of the day wandering amongst a series of small but interesting caverns. Somewhere along the line, we began to notice pick marks in the walls and the occasional line etched into the floor, but nothing particularly interesting came of it. When we had grown tired, we made our camp, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 103 104