Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 103 104
I'm awful about writing replies, but these logs are a delight to read! Thanks so much for holding this!
I'm awful about writing replies, but these logs are a delight to read! Thanks so much for holding this!
[center]Day 1 Log [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/59#post_25231848]Here[/url] Day 3 Log [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/92#post_25410624]here[/url] Day 4 Log [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/93#post_25410645]here[/url] Day 5 Log [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/95#post_25447621]here[/url][/center] [quote=Day 2 Log]We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey. We spent what seemed like hours wandering through the branching passageways, each coated in a number of different species of plant and fungus. It was almost uncanny how much life was growing down in these incredibly dark and phenomenally cold places. In fact, it was too uncanny. anteros, growing suspicious of the unusual lifeforms in the area, began to examine them in close detail. There was no good reason for them to be growing here so abundantly, with little source of nourishment, and something about them didn't seem quite right. After minutes of poking and prodding of leaves and mushrooms, anteros turned to the group: 'I have a bad feeling about all this plantlife.' As nervous as these plants might have made us, they were only plants and no strong and brave dragon flees from plants. We decided to continue on. As we continued to walk, collecting samples of the plantlife around us, we noticed that we had started... *yawn* to grow.... *yawn* quite sleepy... That's funny... oooooh look at those colors..... spinningggggggg..... Spinning colors are never a good sign, so hecate paused for a moment and cast a protection spell on the group. Fortunately, this seemed to be effective. Having regained our wits, we wondered if maybe, just maybe, this was a bad idea. Even though this place was clearly dangerous and these plants were clearly out to get us, we had already spent far too much time traveling through these passages to turn back now. No! We had to keep going, stay strong, and carry on! By some miracle, our determination was met with success. We eventually came to a large, open cavern with very little in the way of plants. The air was clear to breathe again, and this place contained a number of interesting samples for us to collect. After helping ourselves to some fascinating rocks and gemstones, we set up our camp for the night, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.[/quote] i’ll be blunt; i did not think anteros was smart enough to have noticed and been so observant of the plant life. but then all he says is [i]i have a bad feeling[/i], like thats all? thats what you have to offer the group? [color=red][b]B[/b][/color]. okay then the group starts tripping and i want to give them straight A’s for that alone but i feel like it’s not under their control so i can’t give them the credit. but hecate, that little worry wart, she kills the buzz with a protective enchantment. well done i guess, but not much fun. [color=red][b]B[/b][/color]. and phaedrus didn’t even show up for class today. slacker. he’s really been disappointing me lately. [color=red][b]D[/b][/color]. they lost a whole letter grade today. what a shame. [color=red][b]B[/b][/color].
Day 1 Log Here Day 3 Log here Day 4 Log here Day 5 Log here
Day 2 Log wrote:
We awoke to darkness and an eerie sense of silence. The only sounds were the distant drip of water and the occasional flutter of bat wings. Uncertain of whether it was day or night, but feeling rested enough, we figured this was as good a time as any to pack up and continue our journey.

We spent what seemed like hours wandering through the branching passageways, each coated in a number of different species of plant and fungus. It was almost uncanny how much life was growing down in these incredibly dark and phenomenally cold places.

In fact, it was too uncanny. anteros, growing suspicious of the unusual lifeforms in the area, began to examine them in close detail. There was no good reason for them to be growing here so abundantly, with little source of nourishment, and something about them didn't seem quite right. After minutes of poking and prodding of leaves and mushrooms, anteros turned to the group: 'I have a bad feeling about all this plantlife.'

As nervous as these plants might have made us, they were only plants and no strong and brave dragon flees from plants. We decided to continue on.

As we continued to walk, collecting samples of the plantlife around us, we noticed that we had started... *yawn* to grow.... *yawn* quite sleepy... That's funny... oooooh look at those colors..... spinningggggggg.....

Spinning colors are never a good sign, so hecate paused for a moment and cast a protection spell on the group. Fortunately, this seemed to be effective. Having regained our wits, we wondered if maybe, just maybe, this was a bad idea.

Even though this place was clearly dangerous and these plants were clearly out to get us, we had already spent far too much time traveling through these passages to turn back now. No! We had to keep going, stay strong, and carry on!

By some miracle, our determination was met with success.

We eventually came to a large, open cavern with very little in the way of plants. The air was clear to breathe again, and this place contained a number of interesting samples for us to collect. After helping ourselves to some fascinating rocks and gemstones, we set up our camp for the night, ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.

i’ll be blunt; i did not think anteros was smart enough to have noticed and been so observant of the plant life. but then all he says is i have a bad feeling, like thats all? thats what you have to offer the group? B.

okay then the group starts tripping and i want to give them straight A’s for that alone but i feel like it’s not under their control so i can’t give them the credit.

but hecate, that little worry wart, she kills the buzz with a protective enchantment. well done i guess, but not much fun. B.

and phaedrus didn’t even show up for class today. slacker. he’s really been disappointing me lately. D.

they lost a whole letter grade today. what a shame. B.
meowdy meowdy meowdy meowdy meowdy meowdy
YYALLS
they/them
AU4MJP2.gif
Mmm, so the ending options for day two were the rocky cave, the open cavern, and "let's follow the recently dug out tunnel! Totally safe!!!" Based on estimates from what I've seen of the ratio of people posting, the cave should lead to log 3A, cavern to 3B, and tunnel to 3C. Pretty confidant about the first, but the last two might be switched. I dunno. Anyways, here's day 2 for my group. [columns][color=transparent]spacecauseyoucan'tcntr[/color][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11740830] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/117409/11740830.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12882579] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/128826/12882579.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6602136] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/66022/6602136.png[/img] [/url][/columns] [center][font=copperplate][color=LightSteelBlue][size=4]Khione[/color][/font] & [font=Gabriola][color=DarkOrange][size=5]Jaynum[/size][/color][/font] & [font=Century][color=crimson][size=4]Ciphers[/color][/font][/size] [font=Comic Sans MS][size=5]"Mistakes Were Made"[/size][/font] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/54#post_25214579]Day 0[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/70#post_25274407]Day 1[/url] [b]Day 2[/b][/center] When the trio awoke, they were enveloped in silence and in near darkness save for Jaynum's flame wisps. The Spiral jumped up-- somehow he had managed to sleep even more-- raring for the new day that he'd hopefully actually experience. The other two rose not nearly as easily, yawning and walking groggily. A balanced breakfast was had and camp was soon packed. Team Mistakes Were Made set out on the next chapter of their adventure. After a few hours, the team had re-taken their formation. Khione led the way, stamping down that tunnels as choice. Ciphers followed closely and Jaynum had took up his spot on her head, keeping his less thermally-prepared friend warm. One turn found them wandering down a lush cave, plants and various fungi covering every bit of wall, floor, and ceiling. "This is really weird," Khione remarked, prodding a leaf and watching it cover with frost. "Yeah," Ciphers agreed. "You wouldn't think this would all be able to grow under here-- Well, maybe the fungus could. But the plants? There's no light, no sustenance, and it's just too cold." At this point, Jaynum had jumped off of Ciphers and was conducting his own experiments on the mystery flora. Prodding, pulling, tearing, and even lighting a few bits of material on fire, Jaynum fully analyzed the plant matter. "Guys, I don't feel good about these plants. When I burn them or pull them apart, they smell really weird and I don't think we should be around them." In a brief moment of complete consensus, the three dragons turned around to find a less weird-plant covered cave (After collecting a few samples that looked suspiciously like Dwarf Truffle Spores. Maybe Rosetta could identify them, Jaynum had argued)... Only to realize that they may have gotten [i]just a little[/i] lost. Luckily Jaynum pulled out the map he had brought and pointed out which way to go. A few more hours passed and the small, winding caves opened into a massive and oddly- straight tunnel. "This is massive!" Ciphers voice echoed, the small Imperial even more dwarfed in the yawning tunnel. A few more steps and Ciphers stopped, turning around. "I knew something was familiar about this! Look at the walls--" she ran a paw over the rough ice-- "they look carved! It's fresh too. It reminds me of some wood-boring insect pattern, but it's so much larger than any I've seen. It looks like they're going the opposite the way we were. "And it's probably pretty dangerous." Jaynum: "..." Khione: "..." "You want to go check it out?" Jaynum: "Not really." Khione: "Totally." Two out of three took supreme and together the team raced down the tunnel-- Err, Khione and Ciphers did, Jaynum clung in a panic to Ciphers' antlers. Their efforts proved fruitless and in time they grew exhausted. As the tunnel stretched endlessly forward, they decided to just call it quits and rest. As camp was set and the meal was eaten, the air seemed to only grow colder. "Do you-- do you think we should huddle up to keep warm?" Jaynum asked, even he feeling the chill. "You both can," Khione spoke pompously and gestured to the apparel she wore and the snow the flurried around her. "All this is literally meant to keep me cold. I literally generate snow constantly. I feel perfectly fine and if anything, I'll make you all colder." "Really?" Ciphers remarked. "The robe does that too? It looks very nice, by the way." "Thank you," Khione said in a brighter tone. "[i]So[/i] much better than that clunky collar. Ugh, that was a real pain in the neck to wear. But you all can go sleep or whatever," she waved Jaynum and Ciphers off. "I'll keep watch." Ciphers nodded in thanks-- [i]Finally some sleep![/i]-- and curled around in a ring. Jaynum wound himself into a ball in the center, radiating heat. Sleep took them both quickly. Khione was a few meters away, watching in the distance. Ciphers awoke some time later, cursing her inability to sleep a full night away. She blinked and peered into the soft light of Jaynum's flames. There laid a surprising sight. Khione had joined in the circle, a handful of centimeters away from being pressed up against Jaynum. Between them was the sublime beauty of nature. Thick flakes of snow and wisps of flame whirled around in battle; melting and snuffing. A war of the elements embroiled in a land that clearly favored one, but yet the other held strong. A perfect, peaceful yin and yang to be seen only by the eyes of one simple dragon. Ciphers smiled, musing how it must have gotten too cold for even Khione, and laid back down to sleep again. She decided she wouldn't address in the morning, but eventually. Woo, this one is much better IMO. But in a surprise twist of events, the cautious are curious and the curious is cautious. Then again, the cautious are fight and the curious is flight. That's just how it is I guess. [s]Also this is over 700 words, what am I doing with my life?[/s] That ending though, eh? Two lines of that are recycled from a previous short-lived rp of Khione's and Jaynum's. [s]BUT WHAT COULD IT MEAN?!?[/s] Still, the next day posts should start coming soon, let's see what they hold!
Mmm, so the ending options for day two were the rocky cave, the open cavern, and "let's follow the recently dug out tunnel! Totally safe!!!"

Based on estimates from what I've seen of the ratio of people posting, the cave should lead to log 3A, cavern to 3B, and tunnel to 3C. Pretty confidant about the first, but the last two might be switched. I dunno.

Anyways, here's day 2 for my group.
spacecauseyoucan'tcntr
11740830.png

12882579.png

6602136.png
Khione & Jaynum & Ciphers
"Mistakes Were Made"
Day 0 Day 1

Day 2

When the trio awoke, they were enveloped in silence and in near darkness save for Jaynum's flame wisps. The Spiral jumped up-- somehow he had managed to sleep even more-- raring for the new day that he'd hopefully actually experience. The other two rose not nearly as easily, yawning and walking groggily. A balanced breakfast was had and camp was soon packed. Team Mistakes Were Made set out on the next chapter of their adventure.

After a few hours, the team had re-taken their formation. Khione led the way, stamping down that tunnels as choice. Ciphers followed closely and Jaynum had took up his spot on her head, keeping his less thermally-prepared friend warm. One turn found them wandering down a lush cave, plants and various fungi covering every bit of wall, floor, and ceiling.

"This is really weird," Khione remarked, prodding a leaf and watching it cover with frost.

"Yeah," Ciphers agreed. "You wouldn't think this would all be able to grow under here-- Well, maybe the fungus could. But the plants? There's no light, no sustenance, and it's just too cold."

At this point, Jaynum had jumped off of Ciphers and was conducting his own experiments on the mystery flora. Prodding, pulling, tearing, and even lighting a few bits of material on fire, Jaynum fully analyzed the plant matter.

"Guys, I don't feel good about these plants. When I burn them or pull them apart, they smell really weird and I don't think we should be around them."

In a brief moment of complete consensus, the three dragons turned around to find a less weird-plant covered cave (After collecting a few samples that looked suspiciously like Dwarf Truffle Spores. Maybe Rosetta could identify them, Jaynum had argued)... Only to realize that they may have gotten just a little lost. Luckily Jaynum pulled out the map he had brought and pointed out which way to go. A few more hours passed and the small, winding caves opened into a massive and oddly- straight tunnel.

"This is massive!" Ciphers voice echoed, the small Imperial even more dwarfed in the yawning tunnel. A few more steps and Ciphers stopped, turning around. "I knew something was familiar about this! Look at the walls--" she ran a paw over the rough ice-- "they look carved! It's fresh too. It reminds me of some wood-boring insect pattern, but it's so much larger than any I've seen. It looks like they're going the opposite the way we were.

"And it's probably pretty dangerous."

Jaynum: "..."

Khione: "..."

"You want to go check it out?"

Jaynum: "Not really."

Khione: "Totally."

Two out of three took supreme and together the team raced down the tunnel-- Err, Khione and Ciphers did, Jaynum clung in a panic to Ciphers' antlers. Their efforts proved fruitless and in time they grew exhausted. As the tunnel stretched endlessly forward, they decided to just call it quits and rest. As camp was set and the meal was eaten, the air seemed to only grow colder.

"Do you-- do you think we should huddle up to keep warm?" Jaynum asked, even he feeling the chill.

"You both can," Khione spoke pompously and gestured to the apparel she wore and the snow the flurried around her. "All this is literally meant to keep me cold. I literally generate snow constantly. I feel perfectly fine and if anything, I'll make you all colder."

"Really?" Ciphers remarked. "The robe does that too? It looks very nice, by the way."

"Thank you," Khione said in a brighter tone. "So much better than that clunky collar. Ugh, that was a real pain in the neck to wear. But you all can go sleep or whatever," she waved Jaynum and Ciphers off. "I'll keep watch."

Ciphers nodded in thanks-- Finally some sleep!-- and curled around in a ring. Jaynum wound himself into a ball in the center, radiating heat. Sleep took them both quickly. Khione was a few meters away, watching in the distance.

Ciphers awoke some time later, cursing her inability to sleep a full night away. She blinked and peered into the soft light of Jaynum's flames. There laid a surprising sight.

Khione had joined in the circle, a handful of centimeters away from being pressed up against Jaynum. Between them was the sublime beauty of nature. Thick flakes of snow and wisps of flame whirled around in battle; melting and snuffing. A war of the elements embroiled in a land that clearly favored one, but yet the other held strong. A perfect, peaceful yin and yang to be seen only by the eyes of one simple dragon. Ciphers smiled, musing how it must have gotten too cold for even Khione, and laid back down to sleep again.

She decided she wouldn't address in the morning, but eventually.

Woo, this one is much better IMO. But in a surprise twist of events, the cautious are curious and the curious is cautious. Then again, the cautious are fight and the curious is flight. That's just how it is I guess. Also this is over 700 words, what am I doing with my life?

That ending though, eh? Two lines of that are recycled from a previous short-lived rp of Khione's and Jaynum's. BUT WHAT COULD IT MEAN?!?

Still, the next day posts should start coming soon, let's see what they hold!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
A day late in response, but I'm loving the logs so far. I was going to do an amazing post of a story.... But I'm exhausted. XD

A day late in response, but I'm loving the logs so far. I was going to do an amazing post of a story.... But I'm exhausted. XD

althalussig_by_bajanmightyena-daymdb4.pnglehX4g8.png8SzUkvf.png
[center][img]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/sol-luna/sprites/animados/sandslash-alola.gif[br][/img][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_2078744][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center]
sandslash-alola.gif
tvbcGte.png
5wzahZU.gif
[quote name="@Aureate" date=2017-01-27 17:18:03] [center][img]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/sol-luna/sprites/animados/sandslash-alola.gif[br][/img][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_2078744][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center] [/quote] Ciphers used a Pokeball!
@Aureate wrote on 2017-01-27:
sandslash-alola.gif
tvbcGte.png

Ciphers used a Pokeball!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
[center][img]http://imgur.com/sigiZSL.gif[/img][br][img]http://i.imgur.com/Hna9Duz.png[/img][br]Alolan Sandslash has been transferred to @Ciphers's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698966]PC.[/url][/center]
sigiZSL.gif
Hna9Duz.png
Alolan Sandslash has been transferred to @Ciphers's PC.
5wzahZU.gif
[center][img]http://pokeunlock.com/sprites/front/exeggutor-alola.gif[/img][br][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698964][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center]
exeggutor-alola.gif
tvbcGte.png
8mZCvaS.png
[quote name="Seles" date=2017-01-27 18:37:01] [center][img]http://pokeunlock.com/sprites/front/exeggutor-alola.gif[/img][br][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698964][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center] [/quote] @seles jetfeather used a pokeball o/
Seles wrote on 2017-01-27:
exeggutor-alola.gif
tvbcGte.png

@seles
jetfeather used a pokeball o/
ZR271yP.gifeASrqZ4.gif
[center][img]http://imgur.com/sigiZSL.gif[/img][br][img]http://i.imgur.com/Hna9Duz.png[/img][br]Alolan Exeggutor has been transferred to @jetfeather's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698966]PC.[/url][/center]
sigiZSL.gif
Hna9Duz.png
Alolan Exeggutor has been transferred to @jetfeather's PC.
8mZCvaS.png
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 103 104