Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Pencil Smudges Mafia [GAME OVER]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 117 118
PENCIL SMUDGES
A mafia game about left-handedness

Storm cursed silently as she examined the silver blotch of pencil smudge on the side of her pinky. EVERYTHING around her seemed to be designed just to annoy her. The spiral notebooks etched lines onto her hand whenever she tried to write, those right-handed chairs at school were simply awkward to use, and not to mention the SCISSORS. Oh god. Using them was an absolute nightmare.

She let out a deep sigh. She remembered being looked down on as a child because she was different from her classmates, remembered being criticized by teachers for being “improper”. However, despite all this, being left handed was part of her identity, and she was NOT going to change it just to “fit in”.

Left handers had always been the bane of society - she had learnt that much in both her languages and history class. In Latin and Italian, left - sinistra - had the same meaning as sinister. Left meant malicious in Spanish. The French associated awkward with the left. The Anglo-Saxon word luft gradually became the word left in English - luft meant weak, or broken then.

This was wrong. REALLY wrong. Lefties were no doubt the minority, but there was NO way she would let society treat left-handed people like this again. She HAD to do something about this. And she couldn’t do this alone.

Turning towards her computer, she decided to seek help from [redacted], who had been her confidante for years. THEY would understand her. She was sure that they would help her.

[SD]: Hey
[??]: hey there.
[SD]: …
[??]: ...what’s wrong?
[SD]: Remember what you said about making a difference in the world
[??]: yeah…?
[SD]: It’s just that...now that I KNOW I want to make a difference, I feel powerless to do anything about it…
[SD]: I feel...absolutely useless.
[??]: you're not. trust me. you have already seen that the world is cruel, and now you yourself already have begun to make a change. it's the butterfly effect, kid. you can start a revolution just be realizing what was wrong with the world in the first place.
[SD]: I’ve just...had enough! My arm always has imprints from my notebook cutting into my skin, and my hand always has pencil smudges from the graphite. I can't use scissors properly and all the other kids look at me like I'm some sort of museum exhibit!
[??]: i understand how you feel. I’m left handed too, you know. you have my full support, kid.
[SD]: OMG really? I didn’t know you were a lefty too owo
[??] look, kid, I’ll be more than happy to help you. I’ve got a plan.
[SD]: TELL ME TELL ME TELL MEEEE
[??]: but I’m not sure if you have the guts to do it. :)
[SD]: Seriously who do you think I am
[SD]: If you think I’m going to chicken out then you dont know me
[??]: heh. You might not be so sure when you hear what I have in store for you.
[SD]: *raises an eyebrow* Really? We’ll see.
[??]: ……..
[??: can you handle a knife?

[REDACTEDREDACTEDREDACTEDSTORMDELETEDEVERYTHINGSTARTINGHERE]

A smile touched her cheeks as she considered what [REDACTED] had said.. Yes, this is it. The perfect plan to seek revenge among the righties who had treated them so badly. Never again shall the right handers treat us like this again! Never again will right-handed products line the racks in stores!

When the plan succeeds, and the left-handed triumph over all, they will finally, finally have their revenge after all the years of obvious bias and bigotry they have suffered.

But for now, she and her left-handed friends would have to pretend to blend in to gain the trust of the righties, before she can pick them off one by one.
PENCIL SMUDGES
A mafia game about left-handedness

Storm cursed silently as she examined the silver blotch of pencil smudge on the side of her pinky. EVERYTHING around her seemed to be designed just to annoy her. The spiral notebooks etched lines onto her hand whenever she tried to write, those right-handed chairs at school were simply awkward to use, and not to mention the SCISSORS. Oh god. Using them was an absolute nightmare.

She let out a deep sigh. She remembered being looked down on as a child because she was different from her classmates, remembered being criticized by teachers for being “improper”. However, despite all this, being left handed was part of her identity, and she was NOT going to change it just to “fit in”.

Left handers had always been the bane of society - she had learnt that much in both her languages and history class. In Latin and Italian, left - sinistra - had the same meaning as sinister. Left meant malicious in Spanish. The French associated awkward with the left. The Anglo-Saxon word luft gradually became the word left in English - luft meant weak, or broken then.

This was wrong. REALLY wrong. Lefties were no doubt the minority, but there was NO way she would let society treat left-handed people like this again. She HAD to do something about this. And she couldn’t do this alone.

Turning towards her computer, she decided to seek help from [redacted], who had been her confidante for years. THEY would understand her. She was sure that they would help her.

[SD]: Hey
[??]: hey there.
[SD]: …
[??]: ...what’s wrong?
[SD]: Remember what you said about making a difference in the world
[??]: yeah…?
[SD]: It’s just that...now that I KNOW I want to make a difference, I feel powerless to do anything about it…
[SD]: I feel...absolutely useless.
[??]: you're not. trust me. you have already seen that the world is cruel, and now you yourself already have begun to make a change. it's the butterfly effect, kid. you can start a revolution just be realizing what was wrong with the world in the first place.
[SD]: I’ve just...had enough! My arm always has imprints from my notebook cutting into my skin, and my hand always has pencil smudges from the graphite. I can't use scissors properly and all the other kids look at me like I'm some sort of museum exhibit!
[??]: i understand how you feel. I’m left handed too, you know. you have my full support, kid.
[SD]: OMG really? I didn’t know you were a lefty too owo
[??] look, kid, I’ll be more than happy to help you. I’ve got a plan.
[SD]: TELL ME TELL ME TELL MEEEE
[??]: but I’m not sure if you have the guts to do it. :)
[SD]: Seriously who do you think I am
[SD]: If you think I’m going to chicken out then you dont know me
[??]: heh. You might not be so sure when you hear what I have in store for you.
[SD]: *raises an eyebrow* Really? We’ll see.
[??]: ……..
[??: can you handle a knife?

[REDACTEDREDACTEDREDACTEDSTORMDELETEDEVERYTHINGSTARTINGHERE]

A smile touched her cheeks as she considered what [REDACTED] had said.. Yes, this is it. The perfect plan to seek revenge among the righties who had treated them so badly. Never again shall the right handers treat us like this again! Never again will right-handed products line the racks in stores!

When the plan succeeds, and the left-handed triumph over all, they will finally, finally have their revenge after all the years of obvious bias and bigotry they have suffered.

But for now, she and her left-handed friends would have to pretend to blend in to gain the trust of the righties, before she can pick them off one by one.
jghAv2V.png
Information:
  1. This is a non-RP, non-b*stard, role-madness game. We will not lie to you, but are entitled to give you vague answers to questions.
  2. Days are 48 hours long and Nights are 24 hours long.
  3. Yes, the chunk of text up there is supposed to look like a pesterlog.
  4. If you want to say something directly to the moderators, please ping them both.
  5. The moderators are both in the same timezone (FR +16). It’s likely that they are both online at the same time, but they will not always be online, due to other real life commitments.
Rules:
  1. Be respectful to other players! While this is a mafia game, and there will be accusations thrown around, please keep in mind that there are actual people behind the screens. Aggression is okay, but personal attacks are not okay. If you think you are being personally attacked by any of the players (or the mods), please shoot us a PM and we’ll try to settle the matter.
  2. Be active. You are required to post thrice (3) per in-game day cycle. Failure to do so will result in a warning. The first warning will ask you to get your replacement in if you’re going to be inactive. The second warning will get your nightly actions roleblocked automatically, even passive ones. The third and final warning will get you mod-killed by the next day or night, whichever one applies.
  3. No OOT communication is allowed! A violation to this rule will result in an instant modkill.
  4. Spreadsheets are allowed, and you can share it in the game if you want. However. It has to be locked to editing. Other players are allowed to copy it or make one, but the copies must also be locked to editing if shared. Mods will be checking in on spreadsheets. Any infractions get warnings.
  5. Stormdreamer and SilverNight104 are the modgods here, and demand respect. Storm is lynchable, but Silver's already dead. Therefore, votes towards Silver do not count. However, keep in mind that there might be consequences for voting for Storm. A bit of lighthearted teasing is okay, but do not cross the line. Breaking this rule will also result in a modkill. *coughs*
  6. Do not copy-and paste anything I tell you privately. Paraphrasing is fine. Screenshots are not allowed too.
  7. No editing or deleting posts.
  8. Submit all your actions via PM, with the heading/title as [N#: Use <action> on <name>]. If you don't do this, there's a good chance that your action will be ignored.
  9. At least 33% of the players need to vote for a lynch to happen. If there is a tie, RNG will decide who dies.
  10. All conversation must stop when you see Silver's LOCKDOWN post at the end of the day. Please refrain from talking until I get the Night post up. After that, you may continue discussion, but don't go overboard with the fluff.
  11. Rules are subject to be changed. I will notify all players when this happens.
Information:
  1. This is a non-RP, non-b*stard, role-madness game. We will not lie to you, but are entitled to give you vague answers to questions.
  2. Days are 48 hours long and Nights are 24 hours long.
  3. Yes, the chunk of text up there is supposed to look like a pesterlog.
  4. If you want to say something directly to the moderators, please ping them both.
  5. The moderators are both in the same timezone (FR +16). It’s likely that they are both online at the same time, but they will not always be online, due to other real life commitments.
Rules:
  1. Be respectful to other players! While this is a mafia game, and there will be accusations thrown around, please keep in mind that there are actual people behind the screens. Aggression is okay, but personal attacks are not okay. If you think you are being personally attacked by any of the players (or the mods), please shoot us a PM and we’ll try to settle the matter.
  2. Be active. You are required to post thrice (3) per in-game day cycle. Failure to do so will result in a warning. The first warning will ask you to get your replacement in if you’re going to be inactive. The second warning will get your nightly actions roleblocked automatically, even passive ones. The third and final warning will get you mod-killed by the next day or night, whichever one applies.
  3. No OOT communication is allowed! A violation to this rule will result in an instant modkill.
  4. Spreadsheets are allowed, and you can share it in the game if you want. However. It has to be locked to editing. Other players are allowed to copy it or make one, but the copies must also be locked to editing if shared. Mods will be checking in on spreadsheets. Any infractions get warnings.
  5. Stormdreamer and SilverNight104 are the modgods here, and demand respect. Storm is lynchable, but Silver's already dead. Therefore, votes towards Silver do not count. However, keep in mind that there might be consequences for voting for Storm. A bit of lighthearted teasing is okay, but do not cross the line. Breaking this rule will also result in a modkill. *coughs*
  6. Do not copy-and paste anything I tell you privately. Paraphrasing is fine. Screenshots are not allowed too.
  7. No editing or deleting posts.
  8. Submit all your actions via PM, with the heading/title as [N#: Use <action> on <name>]. If you don't do this, there's a good chance that your action will be ignored.
  9. At least 33% of the players need to vote for a lynch to happen. If there is a tie, RNG will decide who dies.
  10. All conversation must stop when you see Silver's LOCKDOWN post at the end of the day. Please refrain from talking until I get the Night post up. After that, you may continue discussion, but don't go overboard with the fluff.
  11. Rules are subject to be changed. I will notify all players when this happens.
jghAv2V.png
Players:
1. Moonwater Town Bodyguard, Killed N4
2. Werelynx Town JOAT, Killed N4
3. VivaFariy Gwendolyn
4. Michseag Town 3-Shot Neighborizer, Lynched D1
5. TheNightDancer Ambidextrous Serial Killer, Lynched D5
6. LunarMadness Town Virgin, Lynched D2
7. raiccoon Rangiku Mafia Redirector, Lynched D4
8. Vrykolakas Agrina SquidofDestiny Mafia RBer, Killed N3
9. Winterreise
10. MagykalWagykal Town Jailer, Modkilled D3
11. Bearclaws Mafia Role-Cop, Killed N1
12. Limelight Ambidexterous Amnesiac, Killed N1
13. Leremis Luxmold
14. Deathwolf555 demoliceros
15. SmashedFish

Subs:
1. Rangiku
2. Agrina
3. Journey
4. luxmold
5. SquidOfDestiny

Spectators:
1. Bequerel
2. ChaoticKagura
3. Blanketgender

Links:
Signups Thread
Lynch Thread
Dawn Of Day 1
End of Day 1
Dawn of Day 2
End of Day 2
Dawn of Day 3
End of Day 3
Dawn of Day 4
End of Day 4
Dawn of Day 5
End of Day 5
Game Over
Players:
1. Moonwater Town Bodyguard, Killed N4
2. Werelynx Town JOAT, Killed N4
3. VivaFariy Gwendolyn
4. Michseag Town 3-Shot Neighborizer, Lynched D1
5. TheNightDancer Ambidextrous Serial Killer, Lynched D5
6. LunarMadness Town Virgin, Lynched D2
7. raiccoon Rangiku Mafia Redirector, Lynched D4
8. Vrykolakas Agrina SquidofDestiny Mafia RBer, Killed N3
9. Winterreise
10. MagykalWagykal Town Jailer, Modkilled D3
11. Bearclaws Mafia Role-Cop, Killed N1
12. Limelight Ambidexterous Amnesiac, Killed N1
13. Leremis Luxmold
14. Deathwolf555 demoliceros
15. SmashedFish

Subs:
1. Rangiku
2. Agrina
3. Journey
4. luxmold
5. SquidOfDestiny

Spectators:
1. Bequerel
2. ChaoticKagura
3. Blanketgender

Links:
Signups Thread
Lynch Thread
Dawn Of Day 1
End of Day 1
Dawn of Day 2
End of Day 2
Dawn of Day 3
End of Day 3
Dawn of Day 4
End of Day 4
Dawn of Day 5
End of Day 5
Game Over
jghAv2V.png
Start of Day 1
[??]: so, storm, are we clear?
[SD]: Crystal. I've already picked my target, and she's going to prove our point perfectly. I will avenge the lefties.

Twin smirks appear on their faces as Storm fingers the knife sheathed at her belt.

It's a dark night, and Silver, as usual, is up writing her novel. She's a very famous author in the village, and it's well known that she's working on the last installment of her series.

She's also known for her tendency to write very late at night, since her best ideas apparently come to life when the sun sets, so it's not unusual to see the light streaming out of her window.

Storm watches her hand move across the page, her delicate writing sprawling across the page as her pen moves with the movement of her right hand.

Storm strokes the knife once more before her hand, curled into a fist, knocks once on the front door.

She hears a distant call from inside the house, and the writer beams at her. “Hello, Storm! How are you today?”

Inwardly, she thinks of the unfairness of her left-handedness and her conversation with them, before she smiles back. “I'm good. How's your novel going?”

Her face brightens immediately, before she ushers her into the house. “I'm nearly done! It's just the final sentence to go! Oh, you'll love it, Storm, it's been dedicated to you!”

Storm gasps, and it's not an act: it means a lot that the novelist remembered her as one of her best friends. She's actually starting to regret her decision to pick the writer now. But then their words echo in her mind, and it is with reluctance that she remembers it is because she lives alone and is renowned for her writing that she's an excellent way to prove a point.

Silver sits Storm down in a chair, and she picks up the pen, twirling it in her right hand as she turns back towards her novel. “I know everyone will love it; it tells a tale of darkness and light and is full of so many plot twists - I'd tell you, but it'd spoil the book - and I'm declaring it my piece de resistance!”

It's at that moment, when Silver finishes the last sentence, her pen making the dot of a full stop, that Storm makes her move.

The knife slides out of its sheath soundlessly. She raises the knife, and it plunges into Silver's back smoothly. Instantly Silver takes a great, heaving gasp, before she falls off her chair onto the tiled floor, the pen slipping out of her hand and clattering onto the desk.

Her eyes are wide and filled with pain, yet she looks at Storm calmly. “It's okay, Storm. I've known for a while now. I know that I need to be your sacrifice, and it's alright. Just… please, I hope this makes you happy.”

It's with a final breath that her eyes meet with Storm's, and then she slumps lifelessly, her eyes becoming glassy as the air escapes her.

Storm stifles the small part of her that cries out for her friend, and instead she smirks in victory as she leaves the house.

Behind her, Silver's body glows, before a silvery substance shoots out from it, reforming into Silver's concerned visage.

She frowns to herself, before she looks at her book. It's true that she wanted to dedicate it to Storm, but it's for a different reason: she wrote about her difficulties and resolving them through friendship, not murder.

It's with a sigh that she shuts the book, before she moves towards the town square, book in hand. While it's true that she wanted her to be happy, that knife wasn't something that Storm obtained on her own. She needs to stop the force backing Storm at all costs.

It's time to alert the village.

A crowd gathered around Silver's house at the news of her death. Hushed murmurs spread through the crowd, wondering who would have committed such a crime. The writer was one of the more friendly people in the village, so the thought of her being killed was shocking to all.

Then the crowd gasped in shock as they saw something silvery floating in the darkened hallway of the house. Several reached out for a weapon, when someone called “Wait! That’s Silver’s novel!”

The crowd paused, and the silver substance floated forward, close enough for the crowd to make out their features. “Silver?” Storm asked, coming out from the crowd, her hand held to her mouth in shock.

The newly identified ghost nodded, the corners of her mouth turned down in a grimace as she looked to the crowd.
“Last night,” She began, her hands clasping the book tightly. “I was murdered. By whom, I do not know. However, I do know this: they wish for vengeance for the left-handed people.”

The crowd murmurs even more vigorously at this, and she raises her hand for silence. “They feel as if they have been avenged, and so they wish to prove their point to the village.”

She bites her lip. “It is up to you to decide what you wish to do. I can only help so much.”

At this, Storm walks up to her. “It’ll be okay, Silver,” she says, before turning to the rest of the village. “We will stop them! We will stop them from murdering the right-handed and bring peace to the village once more! We will avenge Silver’s death!”

As the crowd cheers, and Storm smiles triumphantly, Silver smiles slightly, before the village congregates into the meeting hall to discuss their next course of action, Silver and Storm leading them.

@Moonwater @Werelynx @VivaFariy @Michseag @TheNightDancer @LunarMadness @raiccoon @Vrykolakas @Winterreise @MagykalWagykal @Bearclaws @Limelight @Leremis @Deathwolf555 @SmashedFish

@Rangiku @Agrina @Journey @luxmold @Chillyfoot

@Bequerel @ChaoticKagura @Blanketgender

Day One has begun. SilverNight104 has died and become ghost-mod. Night 1 will begin rollover, Jan 3. Use your time wisely.
Start of Day 1
[??]: so, storm, are we clear?
[SD]: Crystal. I've already picked my target, and she's going to prove our point perfectly. I will avenge the lefties.

Twin smirks appear on their faces as Storm fingers the knife sheathed at her belt.

It's a dark night, and Silver, as usual, is up writing her novel. She's a very famous author in the village, and it's well known that she's working on the last installment of her series.

She's also known for her tendency to write very late at night, since her best ideas apparently come to life when the sun sets, so it's not unusual to see the light streaming out of her window.

Storm watches her hand move across the page, her delicate writing sprawling across the page as her pen moves with the movement of her right hand.

Storm strokes the knife once more before her hand, curled into a fist, knocks once on the front door.

She hears a distant call from inside the house, and the writer beams at her. “Hello, Storm! How are you today?”

Inwardly, she thinks of the unfairness of her left-handedness and her conversation with them, before she smiles back. “I'm good. How's your novel going?”

Her face brightens immediately, before she ushers her into the house. “I'm nearly done! It's just the final sentence to go! Oh, you'll love it, Storm, it's been dedicated to you!”

Storm gasps, and it's not an act: it means a lot that the novelist remembered her as one of her best friends. She's actually starting to regret her decision to pick the writer now. But then their words echo in her mind, and it is with reluctance that she remembers it is because she lives alone and is renowned for her writing that she's an excellent way to prove a point.

Silver sits Storm down in a chair, and she picks up the pen, twirling it in her right hand as she turns back towards her novel. “I know everyone will love it; it tells a tale of darkness and light and is full of so many plot twists - I'd tell you, but it'd spoil the book - and I'm declaring it my piece de resistance!”

It's at that moment, when Silver finishes the last sentence, her pen making the dot of a full stop, that Storm makes her move.

The knife slides out of its sheath soundlessly. She raises the knife, and it plunges into Silver's back smoothly. Instantly Silver takes a great, heaving gasp, before she falls off her chair onto the tiled floor, the pen slipping out of her hand and clattering onto the desk.

Her eyes are wide and filled with pain, yet she looks at Storm calmly. “It's okay, Storm. I've known for a while now. I know that I need to be your sacrifice, and it's alright. Just… please, I hope this makes you happy.”

It's with a final breath that her eyes meet with Storm's, and then she slumps lifelessly, her eyes becoming glassy as the air escapes her.

Storm stifles the small part of her that cries out for her friend, and instead she smirks in victory as she leaves the house.

Behind her, Silver's body glows, before a silvery substance shoots out from it, reforming into Silver's concerned visage.

She frowns to herself, before she looks at her book. It's true that she wanted to dedicate it to Storm, but it's for a different reason: she wrote about her difficulties and resolving them through friendship, not murder.

It's with a sigh that she shuts the book, before she moves towards the town square, book in hand. While it's true that she wanted her to be happy, that knife wasn't something that Storm obtained on her own. She needs to stop the force backing Storm at all costs.

It's time to alert the village.

A crowd gathered around Silver's house at the news of her death. Hushed murmurs spread through the crowd, wondering who would have committed such a crime. The writer was one of the more friendly people in the village, so the thought of her being killed was shocking to all.

Then the crowd gasped in shock as they saw something silvery floating in the darkened hallway of the house. Several reached out for a weapon, when someone called “Wait! That’s Silver’s novel!”

The crowd paused, and the silver substance floated forward, close enough for the crowd to make out their features. “Silver?” Storm asked, coming out from the crowd, her hand held to her mouth in shock.

The newly identified ghost nodded, the corners of her mouth turned down in a grimace as she looked to the crowd.
“Last night,” She began, her hands clasping the book tightly. “I was murdered. By whom, I do not know. However, I do know this: they wish for vengeance for the left-handed people.”

The crowd murmurs even more vigorously at this, and she raises her hand for silence. “They feel as if they have been avenged, and so they wish to prove their point to the village.”

She bites her lip. “It is up to you to decide what you wish to do. I can only help so much.”

At this, Storm walks up to her. “It’ll be okay, Silver,” she says, before turning to the rest of the village. “We will stop them! We will stop them from murdering the right-handed and bring peace to the village once more! We will avenge Silver’s death!”

As the crowd cheers, and Storm smiles triumphantly, Silver smiles slightly, before the village congregates into the meeting hall to discuss their next course of action, Silver and Storm leading them.

@Moonwater @Werelynx @VivaFariy @Michseag @TheNightDancer @LunarMadness @raiccoon @Vrykolakas @Winterreise @MagykalWagykal @Bearclaws @Limelight @Leremis @Deathwolf555 @SmashedFish

@Rangiku @Agrina @Journey @luxmold @Chillyfoot

@Bequerel @ChaoticKagura @Blanketgender

Day One has begun. SilverNight104 has died and become ghost-mod. Night 1 will begin rollover, Jan 3. Use your time wisely.
jghAv2V.png
WHOO!
WHOO!
Yes I am finally first
Yes I am finally first
I can't believe I stayed up till2:30 in the morning for a mafia game
I can't believe I stayed up till2:30 in the morning for a mafia game
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
Calling it right now. There is an ambidextrous 3rd party.
Calling it right now. There is an ambidextrous 3rd party.
@stormdreamer why are you allowed to vote in the lynch thread >:( (jk love you modgod <3)

I'll make the questionaire
@stormdreamer why are you allowed to vote in the lynch thread >:( (jk love you modgod <3)

I'll make the questionaire
If my writing looks weird right now it's because I'm on mobile and tired and too lazy to fix typos and auto-correct fails
If my writing looks weird right now it's because I'm on mobile and tired and too lazy to fix typos and auto-correct fails
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 117 118