Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Expedition - Discussion [D6]
1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 293 294
@Stanari - [quote]Blizzard flipped 3P actually.[/quote] What is 3P?
@Stanari -
Quote:
Blizzard flipped 3P actually.

What is 3P?
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
[quote name="@HSoup" date=2016-12-06 18:16:09] @ Stanari - [quote]Blizzard flipped 3P actually.[/quote] What is 3P? [/quote] Third party, semi-synonymous with neut.
@HSoup wrote on 2016-12-06:
@ Stanari -
Quote:
Blizzard flipped 3P actually.

What is 3P?
Third party, semi-synonymous with neut.
MM82e8q.png
[quote name="Stanari" date=2016-12-06 17:37:22] some eli5 the gwendolyn cases to me while I catch up? [/quote] @Stanari sorry but what does this sentence mean?
Stanari wrote on 2016-12-06:
some eli5 the gwendolyn cases to me while I catch up?

@Stanari sorry but what does this sentence mean?
LUZk8tY.png
[quote name="@blanketgender" date=2016-12-06 18:21:40] @ Stanari sorry but what does this sentence mean? [/quote] eli5 = explain like I'm five eg I don't get it, someone help me understand the dislike for Gwendolyn
@blanketgender wrote on 2016-12-06:
@ Stanari sorry but what does this sentence mean?
eli5 = explain like I'm five

eg I don't get it, someone help me understand the dislike for Gwendolyn
MM82e8q.png
@Stanari ahhhhh okay sorry i kept assuming i was supposed to be pronouncing the 5 and just didn't know the verb elifive. :v

i don't think there's any dislike of Gwendolyn? at least not that i've seen. i thought they were a little suspicious so put them the scum tier but we chatted (about play style, personality, her motives, the posts are up there earlier) and i moved them to a closer-to-neutral tier.

TrickingFate put Gwendolyn on their scum tier and said some of her reasoning for being suspicious of Kinai and Pip (their quirk) was weak.

unless there's some disagreements i'm not seeing in a QT that's all we've got on Gwendolyn. that's all that is there until your request.

also have you done another read post since the end of day post?
@Stanari ahhhhh okay sorry i kept assuming i was supposed to be pronouncing the 5 and just didn't know the verb elifive. :v

i don't think there's any dislike of Gwendolyn? at least not that i've seen. i thought they were a little suspicious so put them the scum tier but we chatted (about play style, personality, her motives, the posts are up there earlier) and i moved them to a closer-to-neutral tier.

TrickingFate put Gwendolyn on their scum tier and said some of her reasoning for being suspicious of Kinai and Pip (their quirk) was weak.

unless there's some disagreements i'm not seeing in a QT that's all we've got on Gwendolyn. that's all that is there until your request.

also have you done another read post since the end of day post?
LUZk8tY.png
Night Two

The day was tense as everyone worked halfheartedly. Not much work got done and Gloria's disapproval made their rounds. Every division got an earful for the lack of progress. It was almost as if her sympathetic speech from ealier never happened. Even the leaders commented very little on the deaths, perferring to follow the routines they've always followed. In fact, trying to discuss anything with them was met with irritation and dismissal. "That isn't imporant," they'd snap before returning to the task at hand.

Lockdown in 24 hours. Remember to send in all actions and logs before 18:00 FRT tomorrow.
Night Two

The day was tense as everyone worked halfheartedly. Not much work got done and Gloria's disapproval made their rounds. Every division got an earful for the lack of progress. It was almost as if her sympathetic speech from ealier never happened. Even the leaders commented very little on the deaths, perferring to follow the routines they've always followed. In fact, trying to discuss anything with them was met with irritation and dismissal. "That isn't imporant," they'd snap before returning to the task at hand.

Lockdown in 24 hours. Remember to send in all actions and logs before 18:00 FRT tomorrow.
utoOrTH.png
Dawnskimmer Refuge

Accents | Lore | Wishlist
[quote name="@Stanari" date=2016-12-06 18:10:56] You know the point of a read list is to have distinguishable opinions, not to be absolutely certain, right? No one means "this person is absolutely 1928392% guaranteed confirmed town" when they put them under a town heading.[/quote] Yes, I do know that. However, I am unable to compile a real list since I usually go through everyone's posts and reread what they've said, how they said it, how it's influenced people, etc. etc. Since I am unable to do such a thing atm, I have a general distrust of just about everyone, even a little bit Zombrose because I have this awful paranoia that there's an alignment converter out there which is why someone resurrected them. [quote]I respect your distrust of town leaders - I have been eaten alive by town-leading scum before - but at some point you need to read people independently of "this person is town leader". Though. Would you trust me any more if I'd lynched scum? Lol.[/quote] Hm hm. I think I'd trust your intuition a bit more if you had lynched scum. I generally think your ideas are good though, but most of my distrust in you is simply for the fact how so many people very quickly rally behind you. I mean, sure, they bring up their own arguments against the person so they're not sheeping, but it feels like they're only looking for evidence against the person your suspecting the most. It's a bit worrying. [quote]I have only anecdotal evidence for this but D1 lurker lynches hit town at abnormal rates. (IMO it's because they're really easy to manipulate.) Your take on replacements is actually, I think, antitown though. If they can't be replaced [s]that's the mod's problem[/s] that's what modkills are for. [/quote] I could calculate the statistical probability of hitting an inactive townie D1, but it'd have to wait until Saturday when I'm done with my Religion project and my Human Geography packet. However, I'm basing this just off the population of this particular game. So, assuming there's 6 mafia floating around here, one per each team, there was a 6/30 (or 1/5) chance of hitting someone with a mafia role no matter activity level. Taking into account the five people who've died and the one role that [i]shouldn't[/i] have changed so they're still town and we wouldn't lynch them, there's now a 6/24 (1/4) chance of lynching someone with a mafia role. That's without me taking previous games into account and ignoring the not yet existent sampling distribution (I'm actually going to make one for a town lynch D1 though, I swear). The anti-town stance I can also see. However, I really like Journey's games and the last one ended due to mafia inactivity so I'm a little paranoid that it'd happen to this game, too. I'd prefer to prevent such an occurrence from happening again.
@Stanari wrote on 2016-12-06:
You know the point of a read list is to have distinguishable opinions, not to be absolutely certain, right? No one means "this person is absolutely 1928392% guaranteed confirmed town" when they put them under a town heading.
Yes, I do know that. However, I am unable to compile a real list since I usually go through everyone's posts and reread what they've said, how they said it, how it's influenced people, etc. etc. Since I am unable to do such a thing atm, I have a general distrust of just about everyone, even a little bit Zombrose because I have this awful paranoia that there's an alignment converter out there which is why someone resurrected them.
Quote:
I respect your distrust of town leaders - I have been eaten alive by town-leading scum before - but at some point you need to read people independently of "this person is town leader". Though. Would you trust me any more if I'd lynched scum? Lol.
Hm hm. I think I'd trust your intuition a bit more if you had lynched scum. I generally think your ideas are good though, but most of my distrust in you is simply for the fact how so many people very quickly rally behind you. I mean, sure, they bring up their own arguments against the person so they're not sheeping, but it feels like they're only looking for evidence against the person your suspecting the most. It's a bit worrying.
Quote:
I have only anecdotal evidence for this but D1 lurker lynches hit town at abnormal rates. (IMO it's because they're really easy to manipulate.) Your take on replacements is actually, I think, antitown though. If they can't be replaced that's the mod's problem that's what modkills are for.
I could calculate the statistical probability of hitting an inactive townie D1, but it'd have to wait until Saturday when I'm done with my Religion project and my Human Geography packet. However, I'm basing this just off the population of this particular game. So, assuming there's 6 mafia floating around here, one per each team, there was a 6/30 (or 1/5) chance of hitting someone with a mafia role no matter activity level. Taking into account the five people who've died and the one role that shouldn't have changed so they're still town and we wouldn't lynch them, there's now a 6/24 (1/4) chance of lynching someone with a mafia role. That's without me taking previous games into account and ignoring the not yet existent sampling distribution (I'm actually going to make one for a town lynch D1 though, I swear).

The anti-town stance I can also see. However, I really like Journey's games and the last one ended due to mafia inactivity so I'm a little paranoid that it'd happen to this game, too. I'd prefer to prevent such an occurrence from happening again.
Aw, so many people liked Outbreak despite it ending badly. (⁄ ⁄>⁄ w ⁄<⁄ ⁄)
Aw, so many people liked Outbreak despite it ending badly. (⁄ ⁄>⁄ w ⁄<⁄ ⁄)
utoOrTH.png
Dawnskimmer Refuge

Accents | Lore | Wishlist
@Journey
I loved Outbreak. <3 I was v sad that I didn't get to see it thru to the end.
@Journey
I loved Outbreak. <3 I was v sad that I didn't get to see it thru to the end.
everytime i think i have a general grasp of the roles and possibilities in mafia, somebody goes "well what about this terrible role-subverting thing!?" and i slip further into despair
everytime i think i have a general grasp of the roles and possibilities in mafia, somebody goes "well what about this terrible role-subverting thing!?" and i slip further into despair
LUZk8tY.png
1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 293 294