Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Shrieking Hollows Discussion [done]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 90 91
For months, the population of the little town of Shrieking Hollows has been dwindling. Unbeknownst to the villagers, demons have infiltrated the village and are slowly picking off the townsfolk in hope of taking over the village and the surrounding haunted woods, wishing to create a luxury resort for demons.

It is evident, though, that SOMEBODY is killing off the villagers. Suspicious of each other, the villagers have agreed to lynch one person a day in hopes of hitting the mysterious killers.

Lynch Thread
Signup Thread
For months, the population of the little town of Shrieking Hollows has been dwindling. Unbeknownst to the villagers, demons have infiltrated the village and are slowly picking off the townsfolk in hope of taking over the village and the surrounding haunted woods, wishing to create a luxury resort for demons.

It is evident, though, that SOMEBODY is killing off the villagers. Suspicious of each other, the villagers have agreed to lynch one person a day in hopes of hitting the mysterious killers.

Lynch Thread
Signup Thread
RULES

-Word of Mod is word of God. Obey me.
-You cannot lynch the mod.
-No communicating with other players through PMs, unsanctioned QuickThreads, dragon bios, userpage comments, etc. If I catch you breaking this rule, I will modkill you and ban you from my future games. If you catch someone breaking this rule, please report them to me.
-Fluff as much as you want. I don't care. Your fellow players, however, might find excessive fluffing suspicious, so be careful.
-No homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, etc. I will modkill you if you post offensive comments and ban you from my future games.
-No editing or deleting your posts. I will modkill you if you do this.
-When accusing other players, please refrain from name-calling or being overly aggressive. I don't want anyone's feelings to get hurt.
-If you feel like a player is harassing or bullying you, please PM me. I will address the issue.
-Day cycles will last 48 hours. Night cycles will last 24 hours. Players may post during night cycles. Lockdown will most likely be at 20:00 FR time.
-Players must post at least twice every day in order to not be modkilled. Players are not required to post at night.
-Someone must have 7 votes against them or 50% of alive players' votes in order to be lynched. (I.e., 8 alive players would require 4 votes against a person for them to die.)
-This game has hidden mechanics and roles to keep me amused. However, the game is winnable for all factions. It is not completely unfair.
-No screenshotting.
-Once you are dead, YOU ARE DEAD. No posting in any of the threads. I will allow you to write up your own death scenes; however, anything you know goes to the grave with you. If you want to share secrets, spill them before you die.
-Spectators may receive spoilers, but they cannot share any information they gain with players. If you do, I will ban you from participating in any of my future games or spectating them. Also, I will probably hate you.
-I reserve the right to change these rules as I see fit.
RULES

-Word of Mod is word of God. Obey me.
-You cannot lynch the mod.
-No communicating with other players through PMs, unsanctioned QuickThreads, dragon bios, userpage comments, etc. If I catch you breaking this rule, I will modkill you and ban you from my future games. If you catch someone breaking this rule, please report them to me.
-Fluff as much as you want. I don't care. Your fellow players, however, might find excessive fluffing suspicious, so be careful.
-No homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, etc. I will modkill you if you post offensive comments and ban you from my future games.
-No editing or deleting your posts. I will modkill you if you do this.
-When accusing other players, please refrain from name-calling or being overly aggressive. I don't want anyone's feelings to get hurt.
-If you feel like a player is harassing or bullying you, please PM me. I will address the issue.
-Day cycles will last 48 hours. Night cycles will last 24 hours. Players may post during night cycles. Lockdown will most likely be at 20:00 FR time.
-Players must post at least twice every day in order to not be modkilled. Players are not required to post at night.
-Someone must have 7 votes against them or 50% of alive players' votes in order to be lynched. (I.e., 8 alive players would require 4 votes against a person for them to die.)
-This game has hidden mechanics and roles to keep me amused. However, the game is winnable for all factions. It is not completely unfair.
-No screenshotting.
-Once you are dead, YOU ARE DEAD. No posting in any of the threads. I will allow you to write up your own death scenes; however, anything you know goes to the grave with you. If you want to share secrets, spill them before you die.
-Spectators may receive spoilers, but they cannot share any information they gain with players. If you do, I will ban you from participating in any of my future games or spectating them. Also, I will probably hate you.
-I reserve the right to change these rules as I see fit.
ROLES

TOWN
Villager x9- A regular villager with no special abilities.
Herbalist- The herbalist may heal someone every night. If targeted, that person will not die. If poisoned, they will be cured.
Inspector- The inspector may inspect 1 person every night and get an answer of "innocent," "guilty," or "unsure."
Guardian- The guardian may protect 1 person every night. The guardian will not die while protecting someone, but can be killed directly. The person they protect cannot use their ability.
Vigilante- The vigilante has 3 opportunities to kill someone. If they murder someone innocent, the guilt may be too much to bear... There is a 50% chance the Vigilante will commit suicide if they kill someone innocent.
Shady- This villager, though technically innocent, is quite shady. When inspected, they will return "guilty."
Pigeon Whisperer- The pigeon whisperer can send messages using pigeons. They have 3 opportunities to have a quickchat with the person of their choice. The quickchat will last 48 hours.

DEMONS
Impish Child- A cute and devilish child. When inspected, they will return "innocent."
Poison Master- They may poison someone every night. The person will die 3 days later.
Vengeful- The Vengeful will not go down without a fight. If directly killed (not by lynch), they will bring their killer down with them.
Regular Demon- A regular demon with no special abilities.
Birdwatcher- A demon with a passion for birds. They may target one person a night to see if they are the Pigeon Whisperer. If they find the Pigeon Whisperer, they will kill the Pigeon Whisperer.

In addition, four players have secret roles.
ROLES

TOWN
Villager x9- A regular villager with no special abilities.
Herbalist- The herbalist may heal someone every night. If targeted, that person will not die. If poisoned, they will be cured.
Inspector- The inspector may inspect 1 person every night and get an answer of "innocent," "guilty," or "unsure."
Guardian- The guardian may protect 1 person every night. The guardian will not die while protecting someone, but can be killed directly. The person they protect cannot use their ability.
Vigilante- The vigilante has 3 opportunities to kill someone. If they murder someone innocent, the guilt may be too much to bear... There is a 50% chance the Vigilante will commit suicide if they kill someone innocent.
Shady- This villager, though technically innocent, is quite shady. When inspected, they will return "guilty."
Pigeon Whisperer- The pigeon whisperer can send messages using pigeons. They have 3 opportunities to have a quickchat with the person of their choice. The quickchat will last 48 hours.

DEMONS
Impish Child- A cute and devilish child. When inspected, they will return "innocent."
Poison Master- They may poison someone every night. The person will die 3 days later.
Vengeful- The Vengeful will not go down without a fight. If directly killed (not by lynch), they will bring their killer down with them.
Regular Demon- A regular demon with no special abilities.
Birdwatcher- A demon with a passion for birds. They may target one person a night to see if they are the Pigeon Whisperer. If they find the Pigeon Whisperer, they will kill the Pigeon Whisperer.

In addition, four players have secret roles.
@CrystalClaw @Reynutocx @narumitsu @SeaGodling @marchhare @CuddlyPanda @Jinkiez @LittleFirefly @Frayxing @Leremis @SparkyFlames @StormDreamer @BlueTrillium @Keera @KanayaChopin @angel123442 @Harkness @lostyeti @VivaFariy @Buotua @TheVioletHour @Nerasis @BlueAlphyn885 @DuskyChangeling

The game has begun. You can post now.

Day 1 will end on 8/28 at 15:45 FR time. You must post twice every day cycle or you will be modkilled or replaced.

An exception to this rule is VivaFariy, who must post only once on day cycles involving Saturdays, as they cannot post Saturdays due to religious reasons. If you are in a similar situation, please PM me and we'll work something out.

Feel free to ping or PM me with questions or concerns.
@CrystalClaw @Reynutocx @narumitsu @SeaGodling @marchhare @CuddlyPanda @Jinkiez @LittleFirefly @Frayxing @Leremis @SparkyFlames @StormDreamer @BlueTrillium @Keera @KanayaChopin @angel123442 @Harkness @lostyeti @VivaFariy @Buotua @TheVioletHour @Nerasis @BlueAlphyn885 @DuskyChangeling

The game has begun. You can post now.

Day 1 will end on 8/28 at 15:45 FR time. You must post twice every day cycle or you will be modkilled or replaced.

An exception to this rule is VivaFariy, who must post only once on day cycles involving Saturdays, as they cannot post Saturdays due to religious reasons. If you are in a similar situation, please PM me and we'll work something out.

Feel free to ping or PM me with questions or concerns.
So I assume it is Day Phase, correct?
So I assume it is Day Phase, correct?
@lostyeti

Yes, it's currently in the day phase.
@lostyeti

Yes, it's currently in the day phase.
@anika
Okay, thank you. :)
@anika
Okay, thank you. :)
ooh! ooh! anybody got a questionnaire?
ooh! ooh! anybody got a questionnaire?
@Reynutocx
That would be amazing if someone did.
@Reynutocx
That would be amazing if someone did.
@littlefirefly
Do not look at me. I know not where they come from.
@littlefirefly
Do not look at me. I know not where they come from.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 90 91