Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | SPARKVOLT - Discussion Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 119 120
Please, only post here if you've already joined in the signup thread!

SPARKVOLT

You've finally arrived at the Tempest Spire. It took a while to get everyone at your clan settled down and to pack everything you needed, but now you're ready for anything. The ominous silhouette of the spire towers above you, a constant flurry of lightning constantly surging through it and making the structure glow with an almost blinding light. The thought of all that electricity makes you shudder with both fear and anticipation.

What will you see once you're inside? Will you get access to the latest machinery? You're so close now that you can feel the mechanical clunking reverberating through the ground, up through your body.

You're startled from your reverie by the sound of someone whispering into your ear from behind. "Just going to stand there, or will you be heading inside?" The voice taunts. You freeze in place for a moment, dropping your luggage, then dart away from whoever that creepy- Oh. It's just Nerasis, you see as you turn around to face the perpetrator. You probably should have expected as much. He's clutching his stomach and laughing obnoxiously loud. You look away with a huff, which only makes him laugh harder.

Once he finally stops laughing, he asks to see your letter. He seems to have had his fun for now, and guides you to a comfortable looking lounge room with a distinguished air to it. He then steps up to a podium - typical Nera, always so dramatic. You and a couple others in the room roll your eyes. Of course, that only makes him start laughing again, but thankfully this time it's brief. He calls out to the room, and the soft murmur of conversation within the room grinds to a halt. "Welcome, all! As you are aware, you've all been invited to this delightful event, where we shall be playing a game. This game is one many of you are familiar with - in fact, I've played it with several of you in the past..." He pauses a moment to glance between Bequerel and a couple others in the room then grins, giving you an uneasy feeling. Is this..? No, wait, it couldn't be... "You will all be playing a game of mafia!"

Just as the room starts to explode into shouts of outrage and exclamation, he holds up a hand to silence the room once more. The sinister, commanding look in his eyes dries up any complaints before they can be voiced, however one jokester pipes up with a "At least this means Nera won't be mafia this time."

At that, the tension in the room pops like a bubble and pretty much everyone laughs. Even Nera himself smirks before continuing. "That is indeed true - I can't be mafia if I'm hosting the event, now can I? Now, back to the matter at hand. We don't have quite enough people to start just yet, however, you are allowed to make your introductions for the time being. Your rolecards will be handed out at noon tomorrow - please do not break, bend, eat, or otherwise damage your rolecard, and make sure not to show it to any other players."

He also mentions something about a map with directions to your rooms, but you're just too excited to pay attention to the detail...!

For those that are here for the mechanics and not the story, the current situation is as follows:
- You are all free to make introductions, questionnaires and fluff all you like.
- The game will actually start tomorrow at 12:00FRT. I will send out the rolecards at that time.
Please, only post here if you've already joined in the signup thread!

SPARKVOLT

You've finally arrived at the Tempest Spire. It took a while to get everyone at your clan settled down and to pack everything you needed, but now you're ready for anything. The ominous silhouette of the spire towers above you, a constant flurry of lightning constantly surging through it and making the structure glow with an almost blinding light. The thought of all that electricity makes you shudder with both fear and anticipation.

What will you see once you're inside? Will you get access to the latest machinery? You're so close now that you can feel the mechanical clunking reverberating through the ground, up through your body.

You're startled from your reverie by the sound of someone whispering into your ear from behind. "Just going to stand there, or will you be heading inside?" The voice taunts. You freeze in place for a moment, dropping your luggage, then dart away from whoever that creepy- Oh. It's just Nerasis, you see as you turn around to face the perpetrator. You probably should have expected as much. He's clutching his stomach and laughing obnoxiously loud. You look away with a huff, which only makes him laugh harder.

Once he finally stops laughing, he asks to see your letter. He seems to have had his fun for now, and guides you to a comfortable looking lounge room with a distinguished air to it. He then steps up to a podium - typical Nera, always so dramatic. You and a couple others in the room roll your eyes. Of course, that only makes him start laughing again, but thankfully this time it's brief. He calls out to the room, and the soft murmur of conversation within the room grinds to a halt. "Welcome, all! As you are aware, you've all been invited to this delightful event, where we shall be playing a game. This game is one many of you are familiar with - in fact, I've played it with several of you in the past..." He pauses a moment to glance between Bequerel and a couple others in the room then grins, giving you an uneasy feeling. Is this..? No, wait, it couldn't be... "You will all be playing a game of mafia!"

Just as the room starts to explode into shouts of outrage and exclamation, he holds up a hand to silence the room once more. The sinister, commanding look in his eyes dries up any complaints before they can be voiced, however one jokester pipes up with a "At least this means Nera won't be mafia this time."

At that, the tension in the room pops like a bubble and pretty much everyone laughs. Even Nera himself smirks before continuing. "That is indeed true - I can't be mafia if I'm hosting the event, now can I? Now, back to the matter at hand. We don't have quite enough people to start just yet, however, you are allowed to make your introductions for the time being. Your rolecards will be handed out at noon tomorrow - please do not break, bend, eat, or otherwise damage your rolecard, and make sure not to show it to any other players."

He also mentions something about a map with directions to your rooms, but you're just too excited to pay attention to the detail...!

For those that are here for the mechanics and not the story, the current situation is as follows:
- You are all free to make introductions, questionnaires and fluff all you like.
- The game will actually start tomorrow at 12:00FRT. I will send out the rolecards at that time.
lWvX6Aw.pngsz7fHQI.png participation_badge_by_kaykitty1405-dazky1b.png
Player List

noot0. Blizzardwing
  1. Bequerel
  2. Beheaded
  3. BlueAlphyn885
  4. DuskyChangeling
  5. StarSync
  6. Shadowlugia711
  7. Imraldera
  8. Cognitive
  9. Rosetta248
  10. TNTEpicMadness
  11. GrimMistress > luxmold
  12. lostyeti
  13. TeenyTinyDragon
  14. StormDreamer
  15. Epioth
  16. Leremis

@Blizzardwing @BlueAlphyn885 @Cognitive @Epioth

@Valgami @Kapara @ChibiKittens @ChaoticKagura @PixelRawToast @Pandacow @GrimMistress @lostyeti @Bequerel @Leremis @Shadowlugia711 @Beheaded @TeenyTinyDragon @DuskyChangeling @Imraldera @StarSync @Rosetta248 @StormDreamer @TNTEpicMadness @luxmold

@Radioshock
Player List

noot0. Blizzardwing
  1. Bequerel
  2. Beheaded
  3. BlueAlphyn885
  4. DuskyChangeling
  5. StarSync
  6. Shadowlugia711
  7. Imraldera
  8. Cognitive
  9. Rosetta248
  10. TNTEpicMadness
  11. GrimMistress > luxmold
  12. lostyeti
  13. TeenyTinyDragon
  14. StormDreamer
  15. Epioth
  16. Leremis

@Blizzardwing @BlueAlphyn885 @Cognitive @Epioth

@Valgami @Kapara @ChibiKittens @ChaoticKagura @PixelRawToast @Pandacow @GrimMistress @lostyeti @Bequerel @Leremis @Shadowlugia711 @Beheaded @TeenyTinyDragon @DuskyChangeling @Imraldera @StarSync @Rosetta248 @StormDreamer @TNTEpicMadness @luxmold

@Radioshock
Important Links

Signup Thread

Discussion Thread

Lynch Thread

Day 1 Start - End
Day 2 Start - End
Day 3 Start - End
Day 4 Start - End
Day 5 Start - End

Order of Actions:

Passive

Piercing

Electrical Transfers ⇒ Roleblocks ⇒ Target Switching

Special

Sacrificial ⇒ Protection ⇒ Investigation

Factional
Important Links

Signup Thread

Discussion Thread

Lynch Thread

Day 1 Start - End
Day 2 Start - End
Day 3 Start - End
Day 4 Start - End
Day 5 Start - End

Order of Actions:

Passive

Piercing

Electrical Transfers ⇒ Roleblocks ⇒ Target Switching

Special

Sacrificial ⇒ Protection ⇒ Investigation

Factional
@nerasis
I choked at that intro I love you oh man XD
I'm assuming, judging by the note on the first post, we're allowed to talk for now until the game actually starts?

Saves time on intros and all that fluff XD
@nerasis
I choked at that intro I love you oh man XD
I'm assuming, judging by the note on the first post, we're allowed to talk for now until the game actually starts?

Saves time on intros and all that fluff XD
Emi | She/Her | PST (FR+0)
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.giftumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngtPvBjsT.gifplague_demibling_by_cicide76536-dciw22w.gifvWQ6hU2.giftumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngimage.gif
Woo!
Excitement.
Woo!
Excitement.
@Bequerel
Yep! You're all good to talk now ;3

I don't really particularly want people building suspicion based on what people put in their questionnaires here, so questionnaires are to be filled in before the rolecards are handed out~
@Bequerel
Yep! You're all good to talk now ;3

I don't really particularly want people building suspicion based on what people put in their questionnaires here, so questionnaires are to be filled in before the rolecards are handed out~
@Nerasis

Woot woot! *is excited*
@Nerasis

Woot woot! *is excited*
Hypeeee~
Hypeeee~
tumblr_mbrfv16TZj1r9y3da.gif
Yay! I'm nervous to be playing this kind of game again, but ready to give it my best shot.
Yay! I'm nervous to be playing this kind of game again, but ready to give it my best shot.
vV5jbm.png
Alright, here's a progress update-

I've decided on the theme for the roles, they will all be electrical components. Other players may have the option of affecting you by changing the amount of heat, voltage or current you have, or by applying light to produce various effects.

You have active abilities(which you are allowed to use one of, once per night), and you may have any number of passive abilities, some of which may give you weaknesses.

Is there a specific electrical component you consider your favourite and really want to have? If you have a preference, let me know your top three electrical opponents from the wiki page, here, and I'll try to get you one of your favourites!
Alright, here's a progress update-

I've decided on the theme for the roles, they will all be electrical components. Other players may have the option of affecting you by changing the amount of heat, voltage or current you have, or by applying light to produce various effects.

You have active abilities(which you are allowed to use one of, once per night), and you may have any number of passive abilities, some of which may give you weaknesses.

Is there a specific electrical component you consider your favourite and really want to have? If you have a preference, let me know your top three electrical opponents from the wiki page, here, and I'll try to get you one of your favourites!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 119 120