Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Treacherous Trek: A CYOA Game
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 65 66
You weren't quite sure how or when you has wandered here, yet there you were, sitting by a campfire with an eclectic band of dragons. While a Wildclaw is busy cooking skewers of meat over the fire, an old Tundra is sitting off to the side on a log, telling a story to a gaggle of Mirror hatchlings. Curious, you get closer so you can hear the story. "...had thought from there, that it woulda been nothin' but smooth sailing. But that night, while I was snug in my bed, th' boat hit a rock." He paused, taking a deep breath. "[i]Crack![/i]" the Tundra shouted, making several of the little Mirrors jump out of fear. "Th' bottom of the boat had broken, and we were takin' on water faster than a lairful of Coatls can eat seafood. We tried gettin' Harley, that big Imperial, to sit on the hole and plug it, but it was no use. Even big ol' Harley couldn't close the gap, and water was gushin' in. Marcelyn, the sword-slingin' Ridgeback I was talkin' about earlier, was wailin' that she hated gettin' wet and didn't want a watery grave. And so we flew- 'sides from Herbert, th' Snapper cook who could make a stew meaner than a flock of harpies. He swam." "For several hours we traveled, flyin' aimlessly to the west, hopin' to find land. Then Jojo the Fae, our captain, started hollerin' 'bout an island just to the north. And sure enough, there it was: a big ol' island, right there. We went right towards it and landed on th' beach. Th' beach seemed to stretch forever, flankin' us to th' east and west. In front of us loomed a forest, th' trees and plants verdant and lush, just burstin' with life and danger." He took a long pause for dramatic effect. The story had enthralled one of the hatchlings. She was eagerly staring at Patchi, practically about to burst from anticipation. "What did you do next, Uncle Patchi?" [img]http://i.imgur.com/hhzHm9d.png[/img] Welcome to The Treacherous Trek! This is a choose-your-own-adventure (CYOA) game. Help Patchi the Tundra and his buddies get home by exploring the island and solving puzzles. Every three hours*, a new poll will be posted. [size=5][b]If you'd like a ping every time the poll is posted, please add yourself to the pinglist [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nUfSdIbZbdjGY1OryTikXKEsVefVJowRRaKGtzVJMeg/edit]here.[/url][/b][/size] *Though we will attempt to put out fresh polls every three hours, our attendants need sleep! Well, attendant. At the moment I'm running this thing. Occasionally there may be voting periods longer that three hours.Please be patient with me.
You weren't quite sure how or when you has wandered here, yet there you were, sitting by a campfire with an eclectic band of dragons. While a Wildclaw is busy cooking skewers of meat over the fire, an old Tundra is sitting off to the side on a log, telling a story to a gaggle of Mirror hatchlings. Curious, you get closer so you can hear the story.

"...had thought from there, that it woulda been nothin' but smooth sailing. But that night, while I was snug in my bed, th' boat hit a rock."

He paused, taking a deep breath.

"Crack!" the Tundra shouted, making several of the little Mirrors jump out of fear.

"Th' bottom of the boat had broken, and we were takin' on water faster than a lairful of Coatls can eat seafood. We tried gettin' Harley, that big Imperial, to sit on the hole and plug it, but it was no use. Even big ol' Harley couldn't close the gap, and water was gushin' in. Marcelyn, the sword-slingin' Ridgeback I was talkin' about earlier, was wailin' that she hated gettin' wet and didn't want a watery grave. And so we flew- 'sides from Herbert, th' Snapper cook who could make a stew meaner than a flock of harpies. He swam."

"For several hours we traveled, flyin' aimlessly to the west, hopin' to find land. Then Jojo the Fae, our captain, started hollerin' 'bout an island just to the north. And sure enough, there it was: a big ol' island, right there. We went right towards it and landed on th' beach. Th' beach seemed to stretch forever, flankin' us to th' east and west. In front of us loomed a forest, th' trees and plants verdant and lush, just burstin' with life and danger." He took a long pause for dramatic effect.

The story had enthralled one of the hatchlings. She was eagerly staring at Patchi, practically about to burst from anticipation.

"What did you do next, Uncle Patchi?"

hhzHm9d.png

Welcome to The Treacherous Trek! This is a choose-your-own-adventure (CYOA) game. Help Patchi the Tundra and his buddies get home by exploring the island and solving puzzles.

Every three hours*, a new poll will be posted. If you'd like a ping every time the poll is posted, please add yourself to the pinglist here.

*Though we will attempt to put out fresh polls every three hours, our attendants need sleep! Well, attendant. At the moment I'm running this thing. Occasionally there may be voting periods longer that three hours.Please be patient with me.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/tyv6JA8.png[/img] 1.) Have fun! 2.) Feel free to use this thread to discuss the game and plan with other users. 3.) Please vote only once every voting period. The goal is for each voting period to last three hours, but they may occasionally run longer when our attendants need to sleep.
tyv6JA8.png

1.) Have fun!
2.) Feel free to use this thread to discuss the game and plan with other users.
3.) Please vote only once every voting period. The goal is for each voting period to last three hours, but they may occasionally run longer when our attendants need to sleep.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/1w2DslT.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/wSlMIJx.png[/img] In order to encourage participation and augment the HYPE, there are prizes! All prizes will be raffled at the end of the event. However, their contents will be a mystery until you find/unlock the area the prize pack corresponds to on the island. Every time you vote for what action the group should take, you earn tickets in the raffle. Light flight members earn 1 ticket each time they vote, while non-Light folks earn 3 tickets each time they vote. [quote name="Beach Pack 1A" ] [center][item=rippleconch] x25 [item=fluted conch] x10 [item=lustrous shell] x15 [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Beach Pack 1B" ] [center] [item=rippleconch] x25 [item=fluted conch] x10 [item=lustrous shell] x15 [/center] [/quote] [quote name= "Beach Pack 2A" ] [center][item=blue swimmer crab] x25 [item=royal oyster] x5 [item=steppes pincher] x25 [item=broken bottle] x10 [/center] [/quote] [quote name= "Beach Pack 2B" ] [center][item=blue swimmer crab] x25 [item=royal oyster] x5 [item=steppes pincher] x25 [item=broken bottle] x10 [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Beach Pack 3A" ] [center][item=aether hermit] x25 [item=olympia oyster] x5 [item=white reaches crab]x25 [item=broken bottle] x10 [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Beach Pack 3B" ] [center][item=aether hermit] x25 [item=olympia oyster] x5 [item=white reaches crab] x25 [item=broken bottle] x10[/center] [/quote] [quote name="Jungle Pack 1A" ] [center] [item=paradise zalis] [item=zalis] [item=Black masked lovebird] x25 [item= lovebird] x25 [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Jungle Pack 1B"] [center][item=paradise zalis] [item=zalis] [item=Black masked lovebird] x25 [item= lovebird] x25 [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Longneck Village 1A"] [center] [item=Java sparrow] x25 [item=Green-throated skink] [item=Sunbeam rotala] x99 [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Longneck Village 1B"] [center] [item=Java sparrow] x25 [item=Green-throated skink] [item=Sunbeam rotala] x99 [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Jungle Deeps 1" ] [center] [item=ringlet amphithere] [item=ultramel amphithere] [item=vibrant flutterer] x50 [item=petalwing matriarch] x25 [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Ruins 1" ] [center] [item=cursed talonclasp pendant] [item=ghostly aura] x10 + 25,000 treasure and 100 gems [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Reef Pack 1" ] [center] [item=sentinel fish] x30[/center] [/quote] [quote name="Reef Pack 2" ] [center] [item=deepwater constructor] x30[/center] [/quote] [quote name="Reef Pack 3" ] [center] [item=siren sylvan dress] [item=siren sylvan wings] [item=siren sylvan headpiece] [item=siren sylvan lattice] [item=siren sylvan bracelets] [item=siren sylvan twist] [item=siren sylvan filigree] [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Reef Pack 4" ] [center] [item=unhatched water egg] [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Ruin Deeps 1" ] [center] Full Conjurer Apparel Set: Hat, Staff, Cobwebs, Cloak, Herb Pouch [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Ruin Deeps 2" ] [center][item=katana] and a full Butterfly's Armor Set: Helmet, Breastplate, Wing Fans, Arm Guards, Leg Armor, Shoulder Pads, Tail Guard [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Volcano Pack 1A" ] [center][Item=glowing ember] x25 [item=frozen rock flow] x15[/center] [/quote] [quote name="Volcano Pack 1B" ] [center][Item= glowing ember] x25 [item= frozen rock flow] x15[/center] [/quote] [quote name="Volcano Pack 1C" ] [center][Item= glowing ember] x25 [item= frozen rock flow] x15[/center] [/quote] [quote name="Windswept Cliffs 1" ] [center][item=red linen fabric scrap] x60 [item=maidens blush] x15[/center] [/quote] [quote name="Hermit's Hut 1A" ] [center][Item= battered book of fables] x25 [item= aged tome] x25[/center] [/quote] [quote name="Hermit's Hut 1B" ] [center][Item=battered book of fables] x25 [item=aged tome] x25[/center] [/quote] [quote name="Hermit's Hut 1C" ] [center][Item=battered book of fables] x25 [item=aged tome] x25[/center] [/quote] [quote name="Mystery Pack 26" ] [center][IMG]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/Meowowie/question%20marks_zpssklatu9w.png[/IMG][/center] [/quote] [quote name="Mystery Pack 27"] [center][IMG]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/Meowowie/question%20marks_zpssklatu9w.png[/IMG][/center] [/quote] [quote name="Mystery Pack 28"] [center][IMG]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/Meowowie/question%20marks_zpssklatu9w.png[/IMG][/center] [/quote]
1w2DslT.pngwSlMIJx.png

In order to encourage participation and augment the HYPE, there are prizes! All prizes will be raffled at the end of the event. However, their contents will be a mystery until you find/unlock the area the prize pack corresponds to on the island.

Every time you vote for what action the group should take, you earn tickets in the raffle. Light flight members earn 1 ticket each time they vote, while non-Light folks earn 3 tickets each time they vote.
Beach Pack 1A wrote:
Rippleconch x25 Fluted Conch x10 Lustrous Shell x15

Beach Pack 1B wrote:
Rippleconch x25 Fluted Conch x10 Lustrous Shell x15

Beach Pack 2A wrote:
Blue Swimmer Crab x25 Royal Oyster x5 Steppes Pincher x25
Broken Bottle x10

Beach Pack 2B wrote:
Blue Swimmer Crab x25 Royal Oyster x5 Steppes Pincher x25
Broken Bottle x10

Beach Pack 3A wrote:
Aether Hermit x25 Olympia Oyster x5 White Reaches Crab x25
Broken Bottle x10

Beach Pack 3B wrote:
Aether Hermit x25 Olympia Oyster x5 White Reaches Crab x25
Broken Bottle x10

Jungle Pack 1A wrote:
Paradise Zalis Zalis Black Masked Lovebird x25 Lovebird x25

Jungle Pack 1B wrote:
Paradise Zalis Zalis Black Masked Lovebird x25 Lovebird x25

Longneck Village 1A wrote:
Java Sparrow x25 Green-throated Skink Sunbeam Rotala x99

Longneck Village 1B wrote:
Java Sparrow x25 Green-throated Skink Sunbeam Rotala x99

Jungle Deeps 1 wrote:
Ringlet Amphithere Ultramel Amphithere Vibrant Flutterer x50 Petalwing Matriarch x25

Ruins 1 wrote:
Cursed Talonclasp Pendant Ghostly Aura x10
+ 25,000 treasure and 100 gems

Reef Pack 1 wrote:
Sentinel Fish x30

Reef Pack 2 wrote:
Deepwater Constructor x30

Reef Pack 3 wrote:
Siren Sylvan Dress Siren Sylvan Wings Siren Sylvan Headpiece Siren Sylvan Lattice Siren Sylvan Bracelets Siren Sylvan Twist Siren Sylvan Filigree

Reef Pack 4 wrote:
Unhatched Water Egg

Ruin Deeps 1 wrote:
Full Conjurer Apparel Set: Hat, Staff, Cobwebs, Cloak, Herb Pouch

Ruin Deeps 2 wrote:
Katana
and a full Butterfly's Armor Set: Helmet, Breastplate, Wing Fans, Arm Guards, Leg Armor, Shoulder Pads, Tail Guard

Volcano Pack 1A wrote:
Glowing Ember x25 Frozen Rock Flow x15

Volcano Pack 1B wrote:

Volcano Pack 1C wrote:

Windswept Cliffs 1 wrote:
Red Linen Fabric Scrap x60 Maidens Blush x15

Hermit's Hut 1A wrote:
Battered Book of Fables x25 Aged Tome x25

Hermit's Hut 1B wrote:

Hermit's Hut 1C wrote:

Mystery Pack 26 wrote:
question%20marks_zpssklatu9w.png

Mystery Pack 27 wrote:

Mystery Pack 28 wrote:
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/EFixYgL.png[/img] Check out the other events going on for BSJ! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1896127][img]http://i.imgur.com/3H5nP7C.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/1896264][img]http://i.imgur.com/9tkxFoX.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl8/1897261][img]http://i.imgur.com/y0CDzPb.png[/img][/url] In-Flight Hub [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fs8/1896270][img]http://i.imgur.com/JscoHOG.png[/img][/url] In-Flight Raffle [/center]
EFixYgL.png

Check out the other events going on for BSJ!

3H5nP7C.png

9tkxFoX.png

y0CDzPb.png
In-Flight Hub

JscoHOG.png
In-Flight Raffle
[img]http://i.imgur.com/hhzHm9d.png[/img] [size=7] Thanks[/size] A huge thank-you to all of our donors and people who contributed to the making of this game! Donors- @Ratiasu, @Sunfeather, @Marinna, @Risaia, @Kitki, @retrace, @sQld, @Mariahill, @kuill, @Skanti, @Nyxis, @Thalassarche, @Rahirah, @shawolexotic, @lamlurking, @varenyky, @nemaline, @Oleandre, @glacevoleur, @GhillieDhu Many thanks to @Meese, who created the cute little images and helpful title banners! Lots of gratitude to Light's Dom team, particularly @jinian, @Rynne, @carminecranes, and @Deluxe! You guys are awesome! And lastly, thanks to the Slackolights who helped test out and gave feedback in the creation of this game! @GreenCatGhost, you were particularly helpful and I am indebted to you. Thanks so much! ^^
hhzHm9d.png
Thanks

A huge thank-you to all of our donors and people who contributed to the making of this game!

Donors- @Ratiasu, @Sunfeather, @Marinna, @Risaia, @Kitki, @retrace, @sQld, @Mariahill, @kuill, @Skanti, @Nyxis, @Thalassarche, @Rahirah, @shawolexotic, @lamlurking, @varenyky, @nemaline, @Oleandre, @glacevoleur, @GhillieDhu

Many thanks to @Meese, who created the cute little images and helpful title banners!

Lots of gratitude to Light's Dom team, particularly @jinian, @Rynne, @carminecranes, and @Deluxe! You guys are awesome!

And lastly, thanks to the Slackolights who helped test out and gave feedback in the creation of this game! @GreenCatGhost, you were particularly helpful and I am indebted to you. Thanks so much! ^^
Alright, and we're live, folks! Click right here for the current poll.

Next poll at ~9:00 FR time.
Alright, and we're live, folks! Click right here for the current poll.

Next poll at ~9:00 FR time.
30 minutes left to vote!
30 minutes left to vote!
@Mycologist @magnhild @jinian @ishirasu @sQld @Stanzascale @UserOfShadows @DeepflowManah @amaerin @Tarble @Valyrie @Marinna @Novetteus

>Go into the jungle.

Patchi chuckled. "Well, we spent a good fifteen minutes bickerin' over where to go next. Herbert, one of the deckhands, was scared of goin' in the jungle. He said he was afraid of gettin' bit by a snake or spider. The poor boy was almost cryin', but it was rather funny- this huge Coatl was scared out of his skin at the prospect of a wee spider."

"But in the end, most of the crew wanted to go into the jungle, and so we did. I know people like to say the Emberglow Hearth is pretty warm, but that forest could put the Flamecaller herself to shame. It was blisterin' hot in there, and so damp that I couldn't tell apart the humidity from my own sweat."

The Wildclaw had finished cooking the meat and brought over the skewers, placing them on the ground for the Mirror hatchlings. They ignored the food, too entranced to pay it any attention.

"But even in that awful heat, there was hope- hope in the form of civilization. A rinky-dink shack, held together more by the ivy all over it than the tar twixt its logs, was just sittin' there in the middle of the jungle. A few Serthis were workin' away on some bushes, busy pluckin' berries. A stream ran through the jungle, glitterin' in the sunlight. Past the stream, the bracken was growin' thicker, more tangled and thorny. Behind us, the trees thinned out, the dark, loamy soil of the forest givin' way to sand, pointin' the way back to the beach. There were so many things to explore and investigate that we didn't know what to do at first. But after some deliberatin', we decided..."

Vote here!
@Mycologist @magnhild @jinian @ishirasu @sQld @Stanzascale @UserOfShadows @DeepflowManah @amaerin @Tarble @Valyrie @Marinna @Novetteus

>Go into the jungle.

Patchi chuckled. "Well, we spent a good fifteen minutes bickerin' over where to go next. Herbert, one of the deckhands, was scared of goin' in the jungle. He said he was afraid of gettin' bit by a snake or spider. The poor boy was almost cryin', but it was rather funny- this huge Coatl was scared out of his skin at the prospect of a wee spider."

"But in the end, most of the crew wanted to go into the jungle, and so we did. I know people like to say the Emberglow Hearth is pretty warm, but that forest could put the Flamecaller herself to shame. It was blisterin' hot in there, and so damp that I couldn't tell apart the humidity from my own sweat."

The Wildclaw had finished cooking the meat and brought over the skewers, placing them on the ground for the Mirror hatchlings. They ignored the food, too entranced to pay it any attention.

"But even in that awful heat, there was hope- hope in the form of civilization. A rinky-dink shack, held together more by the ivy all over it than the tar twixt its logs, was just sittin' there in the middle of the jungle. A few Serthis were workin' away on some bushes, busy pluckin' berries. A stream ran through the jungle, glitterin' in the sunlight. Past the stream, the bracken was growin' thicker, more tangled and thorny. Behind us, the trees thinned out, the dark, loamy soil of the forest givin' way to sand, pointin' the way back to the beach. There were so many things to explore and investigate that we didn't know what to do at first. But after some deliberatin', we decided..."

Vote here!
(@anika I'll delete this if you'd like continuity, but while I'm able to fill out all the information on the poll, it won't allow me to send it in. There's only a "Continue" option in the top corner, which brings me to a page with this message: "The results to this survey are kept private by the survey creator. If you created this survey, you have to login with your account in order to view the results. Contact us by email if you have any issue or don't remember your account credentials.", whether I enter in any information on the poll or not. I think you need to confirm a poll design to allow us to vote in it.)
(@anika I'll delete this if you'd like continuity, but while I'm able to fill out all the information on the poll, it won't allow me to send it in. There's only a "Continue" option in the top corner, which brings me to a page with this message: "The results to this survey are kept private by the survey creator. If you created this survey, you have to login with your account in order to view the results. Contact us by email if you have any issue or don't remember your account credentials.", whether I enter in any information on the poll or not. I think you need to confirm a poll design to allow us to vote in it.)
iOWLppH.png
@anika

it might just be my computer, but I can't find the submit button on the link provided? the only field or item I see to enter is a theme for the poll, which isn't something I think we're supposed to be allowed to do. Apologies if this is just on my end!
@anika

it might just be my computer, but I can't find the submit button on the link provided? the only field or item I see to enter is a theme for the poll, which isn't something I think we're supposed to be allowed to do. Apologies if this is just on my end!
Na5WGHa.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 65 66