Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | A Writer's Doors Game
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 427 428
Edited rules in 2023 Both me and my co-monitor Azurenight are monitoring this form. Primarily them. [b]Note: this threads main purpose is the writing not the prizes[/b] You walk down an allyway and see an old shack that seemed to not be there before; you see a sign [b]Writers wanted[/b] on the door and you step in curiously. As your eyes adjust you see a Tundra behind the counter taking notes on some parchment with a old fashioned quill. "Welcome to the [i]Writers Guild[/i]: where any words you wright come to life" says the tundra. "Would you like to play?" You curiously agree and she continues. "This is how this game works. She points to a large and long sheet of parchment that reads [b]A sentence is written for each door (paths, keys, orbs, etc) by the user who was nominated.[/b] [b]There must be 3-5 doors.[/b] [b]They must be at least a sentence long or else the doors will not appear[/b] (to clarify a sentence like Door one doesn't come alive, it needs to be at least a sentence like Door one is purple, Ideally a more interesting sentence like Door one is purple with ivory spirals. If you do write a short sentence like Door one, your doors set will be disqualified and another user that gets the point of this game can claim it and continue the game.) [b]Then all doors will get claimed [/b] There are 3 types of claims. (all are fine!) 1. Simple claims: @ username 'door' ____ please 2. To be longer claims: @ username 'door' ____ please. Will edit soon! (in the next 3 days! or the results may be written without your Longer claim) 3. Longer claims: @ username lengthly description of how you encountered said 'door' and possible the dragon you chose to do it. [b]The nominated user has 7 days to write the results once all doors are finished or late. To clarify the seven days starts after 3 days from when the last claim is posted NOT finished. [/b] or the results might be written by me or Azurenight. Those late results will count as Extra Credit if written. Ideally results are at least [b]three sentences long[/b] or whats the point of this doors game thread? I wrote it so that doors game would be more interesting. A short result is boring. [emoji=coatl sad size=1] [b]Each result must contain a prize item/thing for the user that claimed it. One result must be a dragon.[/b] [b]The user that gets the dragon is nominated for the next round.[/b] If you're nominated, you have [b]7 days to post your doors set[/b] or your set will become an extra credit round and I or Azurenight will write it for you. If for some reason you can't write it, please let me and Azurenight know asap. Sometimes extensions of up to 3 days will be given as a grace period for both 'doors' and results but not for claims. After your done reading, She asks. You understand the rules? You nod your head. Well then, lets begin! She starts writing... [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/852552/85255184_350.png?mtime=ZZEd0Uf4M1A.png[/img] 3 doors appear Door 1: Is checkered black and white. It seems to glow purple. Door 2: Is made of black metal work. Probably from Stormcatchers domain. Door 3: Is blue and smells fishy. You hear waves behind it. "And by the way, let me know (tag) me when you choose a door. I will be having some herbal grey tea. " _____________________________________________________________________ [b]Extra Credit[/b] If you love creating doors rounds for the fun of it even, if you haven't gotten nominated from a dragon from the primary doors game go ahead in this thread! Just title it Extra Credit Round. There is no time pressure for Extra credit rounds. Also, you can use this thread for a continuum extra credit round, if you want to do one. No time pressure. Example; what Azurenight did on page 149, 150, and 151. _____________________________________________________________________ [b]Azurenight will be monitoring this thread as well. Please respect them: their a very dedicated writer and a nice person. [/b] Please don't tag people to notify them of a new doors set unless you get permission from me. I don't want much favoritism hear and tagged people get an advantage of notification which is unfair to non-tagged users. Happy Writing Everyone!
Edited rules in 2023

Both me and my co-monitor Azurenight are monitoring this form. Primarily them.
Note: this threads main purpose is the writing not the prizes

You walk down an allyway and see an old shack that seemed to not be there before; you see a sign Writers wanted on the door and you step in curiously. As your eyes adjust you see a Tundra behind the counter taking notes on some parchment with a old fashioned quill. "Welcome to the Writers Guild: where any words you wright come to life" says the tundra. "Would you like to play?" You curiously agree and she continues. "This is how this game works. She points to a large and long sheet of parchment that reads

A sentence is written for each door (paths, keys, orbs, etc) by the user who was nominated. There must be 3-5 doors.
They must be at least a sentence long or else the doors will not appear
(to clarify a sentence like Door one doesn't come alive, it needs to be at least a sentence like Door one is purple, Ideally a more interesting sentence like Door one is purple with ivory spirals. If you do write a short sentence like Door one, your doors set will be disqualified and another user that gets the point of this game can claim it and continue the game.)
Then all doors will get claimed
There are 3 types of claims. (all are fine!)
1. Simple claims: @ username 'door' ____ please
2. To be longer claims: @ username 'door' ____ please. Will edit soon! (in the next 3 days! or the results may be written without your Longer claim)
3. Longer claims: @ username lengthly description of how you encountered said 'door' and possible the dragon you chose to do it.
The nominated user has 7 days to write the results once all doors are finished or late. To clarify the seven days starts after 3 days from when the last claim is posted NOT finished. or the results might be written by me or Azurenight. Those late results will count as Extra Credit if written.
Ideally results are at least three sentences long or whats the point of this doors game thread? I wrote it so that doors game would be more interesting. A short result is boring.
Each result must contain a prize item/thing for the user that claimed it. One result must be a dragon.
The user that gets the dragon is nominated for the next round. If you're nominated, you have 7 days to post your doors set or your set will become an extra credit round and I or Azurenight will write it for you. If for some reason you can't write it, please let me and Azurenight know asap. Sometimes extensions of up to 3 days will be given as a grace period for both 'doors' and results but not for claims.

After your done reading, She asks. You understand the rules? You nod your head. Well then, lets begin! She starts writing...

85255184_350.png?mtime=ZZEd0Uf4M1A.png

3 doors appear
Door 1: Is checkered black and white. It seems to glow purple.
Door 2: Is made of black metal work. Probably from Stormcatchers domain.
Door 3: Is blue and smells fishy. You hear waves behind it.

"And by the way, let me know (tag) me when you choose a door. I will be having some herbal grey tea. "

Extra Credit
If you love creating doors rounds for the fun of it even, if you haven't gotten nominated from a dragon from the primary doors game go ahead in this thread! Just title it Extra Credit Round. There is no time pressure for Extra credit rounds.

Also, you can use this thread for a continuum extra credit round, if you want to do one. No time pressure. Example; what Azurenight did on page 149, 150, and 151.

Azurenight will be monitoring this thread as well. Please respect them: their a very dedicated writer and a nice person.

Please don't tag people to notify them of a new doors set unless you get permission from me. I don't want much favoritism hear and tagged people get an advantage of notification which is unfair to non-tagged users.

Happy Writing Everyone!
61b778ca48ab1ec260e8ca1776e8ae1a006fb0d9.gif
@OpalDreams - I'll have door 1 c:
@OpalDreams - I'll have door 1 c:
3YAN1tx.png
B1XSdsq.png
wTVVdiJ.png
H0t7Ypl.png
Pgv53XB.png
2503367.png 2608889.png 2609464.png
BCp5Zzx.gif
[quote name="OpalDreams" date=2016-04-23 19:55:16] "And by the way, let me know (tag) me when you choose a door. I will be having some [b]herble[/b] grey tea. " [/quote] I don't know if it was just a typo, but It's spelt herbal c:
OpalDreams wrote on 2016-04-23:
"And by the way, let me know (tag) me when you choose a door. I will be having some herble grey tea. "

I don't know if it was just a typo, but It's spelt herbal c:
3YAN1tx.png
B1XSdsq.png
wTVVdiJ.png
H0t7Ypl.png
Pgv53XB.png
BCp5Zzx.gif
@Alicefireflies lol thanks! I'm not that good at spelling :P

To other players: theirs still one more door left!
@Alicefireflies lol thanks! I'm not that good at spelling :P

To other players: theirs still one more door left!
@Alicefireflies
Door 3 then~
@Alicefireflies
Door 3 then~
KYyJNfF.png
@Vivitale - You pinged the wrong person c:

@OpalDreams

@OpalDreams
3YAN1tx.png
B1XSdsq.png
wTVVdiJ.png
H0t7Ypl.png
Pgv53XB.png
BCp5Zzx.gif

@OpalDreams

@OpalDreams
3YAN1tx.png
B1XSdsq.png
wTVVdiJ.png
H0t7Ypl.png
Pgv53XB.png
BCp5Zzx.gif
@Alicefireflies Door 1: You open the door and your eyes adjust to the darkness: you find yourself facing a giant chess board! The chessboard is covered in purple mist, and its gloomy and cold. You shiver and start to walk across but when you reach the edge, nothing seems to be their but empty space! Some luminescent words float in the air You must play to get past. You shrug and go back to the beginning, having one of your female pearlcatchers play as a bishop. Her skin changes colors to match the board and you decide to keep it! You continue the game: only fate will tell the outcome... [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/skins/16390.png[/img] @DeathSpecter Door 2: You open the door and find yourself facing a small metal tunnel, you crouch down and crawl through the entrance way only to find yourself facing multiple tuneles: one going down, one going straight, the other going up. You decide to go straight and find that as you’re going it gets hotter and hotter. Suddenly you hear voices: you freeze in fear only to realize their coming from a vent next to you “Bolt, you forgot to get more coal for the furnace! It will run out soon” said a dragon. “Sorry!” said another dragon, probably Bolt, who seems to run off. You keep going: trying to be as quiet as possible. Soon it gets almost too hot to bare and the tunnel abruptly turns to the left: you see the furnace with hot embers, these strange spider like creatures handling the items within. Suddenly one comes your way: you freeze but it seems friendly enough. It follows you home: carrying an egg with it! [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/7591.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23059931] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230600/23059931_350.png[/img] [/url] @Vivitale Door 3: You open the door and find yourself on a cliff overlooking an ocean. Some large bird like creatures are making nests nearby and there are lots of fish bones lying about. You decide to go fishing and carefully climb down the cliff to a closer ledge, set up your hooks, and start fishing. After an hour or so you have a bucket of fish you start to head back only to have one of the bird creatures follow you home! [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/15115.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/983.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/90.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/1174.png[/img]
@Alicefireflies Door 1: You open the door and your eyes adjust to the darkness: you find yourself facing a giant chess board! The chessboard is covered in purple mist, and its gloomy and cold. You shiver and start to walk across but when you reach the edge, nothing seems to be their but empty space! Some luminescent words float in the air You must play to get past. You shrug and go back to the beginning, having one of your female pearlcatchers play as a bishop. Her skin changes colors to match the board and you decide to keep it! You continue the game: only fate will tell the outcome...
16390.png

@DeathSpecter Door 2: You open the door and find yourself facing a small metal tunnel, you crouch down and crawl through the entrance way only to find yourself facing multiple tuneles: one going down, one going straight, the other going up. You decide to go straight and find that as you’re going it gets hotter and hotter. Suddenly you hear voices: you freeze in fear only to realize their coming from a vent next to you “Bolt, you forgot to get more coal for the furnace! It will run out soon” said a dragon. “Sorry!” said another dragon, probably Bolt, who seems to run off. You keep going: trying to be as quiet as possible. Soon it gets almost too hot to bare and the tunnel abruptly turns to the left: you see the furnace with hot embers, these strange spider like creatures handling the items within. Suddenly one comes your way: you freeze but it seems friendly enough. It follows you home: carrying an egg with it!
7591.png

23059931_350.png

@Vivitale Door 3: You open the door and find yourself on a cliff overlooking an ocean. Some large bird like creatures are making nests nearby and there are lots of fish bones lying about. You decide to go fishing and carefully climb down the cliff to a closer ledge, set up your hooks, and start fishing. After an hour or so you have a bucket of fish you start to head back only to have one of the bird creatures follow you home!
15115.png983.png90.png1174.png
@Alicefireflies Oops! D:
Didn't even notice, in a few threads at once ;_;
@Alicefireflies Oops! D:
Didn't even notice, in a few threads at once ;_;
KYyJNfF.png
@vivitale - No worries at all ^-^
@vivitale - No worries at all ^-^
3YAN1tx.png
B1XSdsq.png
wTVVdiJ.png