Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [RoR]D20 Mutation Drawing Game [closed!]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34
[img]http://i.imgur.com/H6U32gS.png[/img] [b][color=#FF0000]Note: This game will officially begin on Sunday, October 25th, but we will do a test run on Saturday, October 24th, with a Dunhoof Ambassador as the prize! All submissions sent during the test run on Oct 24th will count as ADDITIONAL ENTRIES to the drawing for the gem gene grand prize, and will still be eligible to win a daily treasure prize![/color][/b] [center][b][color=#800000][size=5]What Is This?[/size][/color][/b][/center] D20 Mutation is a fun drawing game in which each participant must combine physical traits from three different, randomly selected beasts of Sornieth into a single, specially mutated abomination fit to serve the Plaguebringer in her fight against the Shade Plague. [center][b][color=#800000][size=5]How Does It Work?[/size][/color][/b][/center] Each day, the Gamemaster (me lol) will roll one D20 (twenty-sided die) three times and post the results to the thread. Each of those three numbers will correspond to one beast from a numbered list of creatures. You must design a new creature with physical traits from all three animals and post a drawing of your creation to this thread. The Plaguebringer will then send our army of mutants to do battle against the Shade Plague! I will log all entries in a [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zdZL5FlfR1O4rlrkwqA-SbGlWREuuvlKSouA_bvTBZ4/pubhtml]spreadsheet[/url] and assign them a chronological number. Daily winners will be selected the following day using Random.org, as will the final Grand Prize winner. Videos of me rolling an actual die and screencaps of me using Random.org to select winners will be linked to and available on [url=http://thebaconhasrisen.tumblr.com/]my Tumblr blog[/url] for the skeptical (or if you just want to hear me talk too fast and screech like a chimpanzee). [center][b][color=#800000][size=5]What Do You Win?[/size][/color][/b][/center] A mutation! Each daily winner may select one treasure gene of their choice from the treasure Marketplace. At the end of the week, the final Grand Prize winner may select any gene from the gem Marketplace. Genes will all be delivered as promptly as possible (no later than one week). If you have any questions that are not addressed in the Rules and Participation notes, ping or pm CommanderBacon! [center][b][color=#800000][size=5]Daily Ping List[/size][/color][/b][/center] [url=http://goo.gl/forms/WpiKOEpuum]Add yourself to the ping list[/url] to receive notifications when the daily numbers are announced starting Sunday, October 25th! (If you would like to be removed, please ping or PM CommanderBacon.) [center][b][color=#800000][size=5][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zdZL5FlfR1O4rlrkwqA-SbGlWREuuvlKSouA_bvTBZ4/pubhtml]View all entries here![/url][/size][/color][/b][/center]
H6U32gS.png

Note: This game will officially begin on Sunday, October 25th, but we will do a test run on Saturday, October 24th, with a Dunhoof Ambassador as the prize!

All submissions sent during the test run on Oct 24th will count as ADDITIONAL ENTRIES to the drawing for the gem gene grand prize, and will still be eligible to win a daily treasure prize!

What Is This?
D20 Mutation is a fun drawing game in which each participant must combine physical traits from three different, randomly selected beasts of Sornieth into a single, specially mutated abomination fit to serve the Plaguebringer in her fight against the Shade Plague.

How Does It Work?
Each day, the Gamemaster (me lol) will roll one D20 (twenty-sided die) three times and post the results to the thread. Each of those three numbers will correspond to one beast from a numbered list of creatures. You must design a new creature with physical traits from all three animals and post a drawing of your creation to this thread.

The Plaguebringer will then send our army of mutants to do battle against the Shade Plague!

I will log all entries in a spreadsheet and assign them a chronological number. Daily winners will be selected the following day using Random.org, as will the final Grand Prize winner.

Videos of me rolling an actual die and screencaps of me using Random.org to select winners will be linked to and available on my Tumblr blog for the skeptical (or if you just want to hear me talk too fast and screech like a chimpanzee).

What Do You Win?
A mutation! Each daily winner may select one treasure gene of their choice from the treasure Marketplace. At the end of the week, the final Grand Prize winner may select any gene from the gem Marketplace. Genes will all be delivered as promptly as possible (no later than one week).

If you have any questions that are not addressed in the Rules and Participation notes, ping or pm CommanderBacon!

Daily Ping List
Add yourself to the ping list to receive notifications when the daily numbers are announced starting Sunday, October 25th!

(If you would like to be removed, please ping or PM CommanderBacon.)

12266738.png12223394.png10712216.png9093168.png9894381.png
The Beast List

The beast list is fixed for the week. Plaguemom has slotted the following creatures to be potentially blessed with mutations:

1. Amaranth Moth
  2. Death Seeker
  3. Bamboo Phytocat
  4. Rambra
  5. Black Wolf
  6. Blue Dragon Reef Snail
  7. Shellion
  8. Hippocampus
  9. Shale Thresher
  10. Sprangyroo
  11. Shattered Serpent
  12. Extinguished Jackalope
  13. Brilliant Psywurm
  14. Peacock Scorpion
  15. Octoflyer
  16. Wartoad
  17. Janustrap
  18. Frost Delver
  19. Sparkling Stinger
  20. Critical Hit! One of your dragons mutates to serve the Plaguebringer! Who will you choose?

The Beast List

The beast list is fixed for the week. Plaguemom has slotted the following creatures to be potentially blessed with mutations:

1. Amaranth Moth
  2. Death Seeker
  3. Bamboo Phytocat
  4. Rambra
  5. Black Wolf
  6. Blue Dragon Reef Snail
  7. Shellion
  8. Hippocampus
  9. Shale Thresher
  10. Sprangyroo
  11. Shattered Serpent
  12. Extinguished Jackalope
  13. Brilliant Psywurm
  14. Peacock Scorpion
  15. Octoflyer
  16. Wartoad
  17. Janustrap
  18. Frost Delver
  19. Sparkling Stinger
  20. Critical Hit! One of your dragons mutates to serve the Plaguebringer! Who will you choose?

Rules and Participation Info

Please read carefully before participating!

• The D20 Mutation game will officially start Sunday, October 25 at FR 0:30 (after rollover) and end on Saturday, Oct 31 at FR 23:59 (at rollover) with a test run on Saturday, October 24th.
  • Each participant may enter one drawing per FR day (FR 0:30 to FR 23:59), with a maximum of seven entries per player for the entire event.
  • Each daily entry posted to this thread will earn the participant one ticket to the raffle.
  • Each entry must be your own artwork and visibly include elements from all three creatures.
  • You may submit a sketch, an inked drawing, or fully colored picture - it’s up to you!
  • Dark and/or blurry photos of artwork will not be accepted, so please make sure that any photos of physical artwork are taken with good lighting.
  • If a roll of the die results in a duplicate number for that day, I will re-roll to keep things interesting :)
  • Daily winners will be randomly selected from the pool of the previous day’s entries.
  • One Grand Prize winner will be selected randomly from all of the week’s eligible entries after the conclusion of Riot of Rot.
  • Winning ticket numbers will be retired, so they will no longer be eligible for the Grand Prize raffle.
  • Participants who have already won a daily prize may not win another daily prize, but they may still be eligible to win the Grand Prize if they have submitted other entries.
  • Winners are chosen randomly based on participation, not talent, so no need to worry about your skills. Get in there and have fun! *slaps your back*
Rules and Participation Info

Please read carefully before participating!

• The D20 Mutation game will officially start Sunday, October 25 at FR 0:30 (after rollover) and end on Saturday, Oct 31 at FR 23:59 (at rollover) with a test run on Saturday, October 24th.
  • Each participant may enter one drawing per FR day (FR 0:30 to FR 23:59), with a maximum of seven entries per player for the entire event.
  • Each daily entry posted to this thread will earn the participant one ticket to the raffle.
  • Each entry must be your own artwork and visibly include elements from all three creatures.
  • You may submit a sketch, an inked drawing, or fully colored picture - it’s up to you!
  • Dark and/or blurry photos of artwork will not be accepted, so please make sure that any photos of physical artwork are taken with good lighting.
  • If a roll of the die results in a duplicate number for that day, I will re-roll to keep things interesting :)
  • Daily winners will be randomly selected from the pool of the previous day’s entries.
  • One Grand Prize winner will be selected randomly from all of the week’s eligible entries after the conclusion of Riot of Rot.
  • Winning ticket numbers will be retired, so they will no longer be eligible for the Grand Prize raffle.
  • Participants who have already won a daily prize may not win another daily prize, but they may still be eligible to win the Grand Prize if they have submitted other entries.
  • Winners are chosen randomly based on participation, not talent, so no need to worry about your skills. Get in there and have fun! *slaps your back*
Winners

Everyone’s a winner in my book, but these people have won SPECIAL MUTATIONS!

Test Run Saturday, October 24th: thefaunprince

Sunday, October 25th: KitsuneRuna
Monday, October 26th: Espoir
Tuesday, October 27th: StormFlyer
Wednesday, October 28th: Jamaicensis
Thursday, October 29th: MKNero
Friday, October 30th: Azure
Saturday, October 31st: Skelizard

Grand Prize Winner: Bluradic

Congratulations to all!
Winners

Everyone’s a winner in my book, but these people have won SPECIAL MUTATIONS!

Test Run Saturday, October 24th: thefaunprince

Sunday, October 25th: KitsuneRuna
Monday, October 26th: Espoir
Tuesday, October 27th: StormFlyer
Wednesday, October 28th: Jamaicensis
Thursday, October 29th: MKNero
Friday, October 30th: Azure
Saturday, October 31st: Skelizard

Grand Prize Winner: Bluradic

Congratulations to all!
[center][b][color=#800000][size=5]Badges and Banners[/size][/color][/b][/center] Feel free to use any of these badges or banners to support the game or show you participated! [img]http://i.imgur.com/s80AXhR.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/G5hDKJ5.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/xGvsMqY.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/xCqzBMI.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/6PRhFrq.png[/img]
Badges and Banners

Feel free to use any of these badges or banners to support the game or show you participated!

s80AXhR.pngG5hDKJ5.pngxGvsMqY.png xCqzBMI.png

6PRhFrq.png

FAQ and Notes

Questions? Comments? PM or ping Commander Bacon. I will build an FAQ based on the most commonly asked questions.

Q: Can I be added to the ping list?
A: Sure! The ping list is self-add and is located here!

Q: How do I join?
A: Just submit a drawing of your mutant before rollover to join. That's it!

Q: Can Plague flight members participate?
A: You bet your biscuits they can!

Q: What if I want to participate, but I can’t draw?
A: Winners are chosen randomly based on participation, not talent or the amount of time spent on a drawing. (Funny is good, though.)

Q: Do I have to color my entry?
A: Heck no! Sketches, inks, or even full colored drawings all count as an entry.

I haven’t run a game or anything like this before, so if you see any loopholes or stupid mistakes, please let me know!

Important note: While I will probably participate, I am obviously not eligible to win.
FAQ and Notes

Questions? Comments? PM or ping Commander Bacon. I will build an FAQ based on the most commonly asked questions.

Q: Can I be added to the ping list?
A: Sure! The ping list is self-add and is located here!

Q: How do I join?
A: Just submit a drawing of your mutant before rollover to join. That's it!

Q: Can Plague flight members participate?
A: You bet your biscuits they can!

Q: What if I want to participate, but I can’t draw?
A: Winners are chosen randomly based on participation, not talent or the amount of time spent on a drawing. (Funny is good, though.)

Q: Do I have to color my entry?
A: Heck no! Sketches, inks, or even full colored drawings all count as an entry.

I haven’t run a game or anything like this before, so if you see any loopholes or stupid mistakes, please let me know!

Important note: While I will probably participate, I am obviously not eligible to win.
AND ONE TO GROW ON!
AND ONE TO GROW ON!
@kalhalla @TheSunTheGodsSaw @Cavatica @Papyrus @Ghostgirl32 @SquishyPenguin @Sandwich @ItsCursorBby

And we're open!

@CommanderBacon because I need to remember the location of my own game
@kalhalla @TheSunTheGodsSaw @Cavatica @Papyrus @Ghostgirl32 @SquishyPenguin @Sandwich @ItsCursorBby

And we're open!

@CommanderBacon because I need to remember the location of my own game
@CommanderBacon

Oh my goodness these graphics. Going to edit in the link for the hub now!
@CommanderBacon

Oh my goodness these graphics. Going to edit in the link for the hub now!
wzRAAhQ.png
@CommanderBacon OMG I AM SO EXCITE DUDE YESSSSS!!!!! I'm so glad this is a thing!!!
@Crowe DO THIS THING OVAR HERE DUDE DUDE BRO SRSLY ITS GONNA B GR8 *FLAIL*
ALSO @Quake might be a fun thing for you for doodles?
@KyrosK YOU TOO YES YES
And one more ! @Cateleya iirc you get hit with the art stick sometimes too, yeah?
@CommanderBacon OMG I AM SO EXCITE DUDE YESSSSS!!!!! I'm so glad this is a thing!!!
@Crowe DO THIS THING OVAR HERE DUDE DUDE BRO SRSLY ITS GONNA B GR8 *FLAIL*
ALSO @Quake might be a fun thing for you for doodles?
@KyrosK YOU TOO YES YES
And one more ! @Cateleya iirc you get hit with the art stick sometimes too, yeah?
napipiK.gif x pK4NVKa.png x
L2CSSHu.gif
x
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34