Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Star Chart Studies
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19
@Virga Aww, that gif is so cute!
@Virga Aww, that gif is so cute!
GfHkF1X.png
@Sorulis I apologize for the horrible paint image of my first entry OTL I am no artist and am more of a writer. Either way, here is my first entry! [center][img]http://oi59.tinypic.com/2hfhrbl.jpg[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1790230] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/17903/1790230_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] ----- [center][color=#800080]I[b]The Mother Tree[/b] Swirling Galaxy had learned many things in her Nature Clan ever since she'd left Starfall Isles as a fledgling adult. Which plants can heal and which can kill, how to nurture a plant back from the brink of death as if it were her own hatchling, how to turn a single fruit into as many as 5 different dishes. Still, she had once been one of the Arcanists children and she still was, in her heart, even if it was a bit hard to see the starts with all the trees. With time she had built up her wing power in order to fly to the top of the tallest trees where she could see the swirling galaxies and stars that were her namesake. Sometimes her mate, Star Gazer, would come up with her but more often then not, she was alone. Until one day, the Clan Matriarch, Blood Rose, came up to join her and tell her the tale of her favorite constellation; The Mother Tree. Swirling Galaxy nodded eagerly and with a deep breath, the rose colored Tundra began to speak...[/color] [color=#95BE22]"Long ago, when the leaves on The Gladekeeper were still fresh and new, she looked up into the sky and wondered. Was there a way to get her precious trees and nature into the sky above? She heard tales of The Arcanists painting pictures in the sky with stars (When he wasn't destroying the entire world) and began to make her way to his Observatory. Once there and throwing enough branches at him in order to get his attention [i]away[/i] from the telescope for more than a few seconds, she told him her question. She'd never seen him get so excited before! It wasn't often one of his fellow deities came to him with a question about the stars and he delighted in explaining them. It took a few more light hit with branches in order to get him off his tangent of what he believed the stars were actually made of to get back to her point; was it possible to paint the sky with the likeness of her beloved trees? The Gladekeeper watched him chuckle as he responded that you could paint just about anything in the night sky if you had enough drive and the right placement of stars! Almost a fortnight passed before she returned home to The Viridian Labyrinth but she returned as quite a happy deity. It was to her first children that she pointed them to the night sky, their deep green eyes gleaming in wonder, as her large and gentle claws traced out the shape of a large tree to them. Those dragons then passed it down to their hatchlings and so on and so forth. Every Nature dragon worth their leaves knows how to pick out this particular constellation even on a cloudy night![/color] [color=#800080]Swirling Galaxy listened in awe as her clan Matriarch spun out the tale, towards the end pointing out the very stars that made up The Mother Tree constellation to her with wizened and sharpened claws. She had never before felt this connected to her found home within the trees, having this piece to tie her to her birth place. Even after BloodRose left her, she stared up at the sky for hours, committing the constellation to memory and vowing to teach every single hatchling she had from then on about this particular painting in the sky.[/center]
@Sorulis I apologize for the horrible paint image of my first entry OTL I am no artist and am more of a writer. Either way, here is my first entry!

IThe Mother Tree

Swirling Galaxy had learned many things in her Nature Clan ever since she'd left Starfall Isles as a fledgling adult. Which plants can heal and which can kill, how to nurture a plant back from the brink of death as if it were her own hatchling, how to turn a single fruit into as many as 5 different dishes. Still, she had once been one of the Arcanists children and she still was, in her heart, even if it was a bit hard to see the starts with all the trees.

With time she had built up her wing power in order to fly to the top of the tallest trees where she could see the swirling galaxies and stars that were her namesake. Sometimes her mate, Star Gazer, would come up with her but more often then not, she was alone. Until one day, the Clan Matriarch, Blood Rose, came up to join her and tell her the tale of her favorite constellation; The Mother Tree. Swirling Galaxy nodded eagerly and with a deep breath, the rose colored Tundra began to speak...

"Long ago, when the leaves on The Gladekeeper were still fresh and new, she looked up into the sky and wondered. Was there a way to get her precious trees and nature into the sky above? She heard tales of The Arcanists painting pictures in the sky with stars (When he wasn't destroying the entire world) and began to make her way to his Observatory. Once there and throwing enough branches at him in order to get his attention away from the telescope for more than a few seconds, she told him her question.

She'd never seen him get so excited before! It wasn't often one of his fellow deities came to him with a question about the stars and he delighted in explaining them. It took a few more light hit with branches in order to get him off his tangent of what he believed the stars were actually made of to get back to her point; was it possible to paint the sky with the likeness of her beloved trees?

The Gladekeeper watched him chuckle as he responded that you could paint just about anything in the night sky if you had enough drive and the right placement of stars! Almost a fortnight passed before she returned home to The Viridian Labyrinth but she returned as quite a happy deity. It was to her first children that she pointed them to the night sky, their deep green eyes gleaming in wonder, as her large and gentle claws traced out the shape of a large tree to them. Those dragons then passed it down to their hatchlings and so on and so forth. Every Nature dragon worth their leaves knows how to pick out this particular constellation even on a cloudy night!

Swirling Galaxy listened in awe as her clan Matriarch spun out the tale, towards the end pointing out the very stars that made up The Mother Tree constellation to her with wizened and sharpened claws. She had never before felt this connected to her found home within the trees, having this piece to tie her to her birth place. Even after BloodRose left her, she stared up at the sky for hours, committing the constellation to memory and vowing to teach every single hatchling she had from then on about this particular painting in the sky.
hellebore2.png
@Sorulis [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/d7c82e8ecc4fba239cd0239bb5068190/tumblr_nv08s7lreL1u1z5kko1_540.png[/img] [img]https://36.media.tumblr.com/7cd389575d578355e4a49cb139fbc248/tumblr_nv08s7lreL1u1z5kko2_540.png[/img] Name: [b]Guardian and their Charge, the Uniter[/b] Lore This constellation is based on a Guardian and their Charge. While details of the two have been lost to time that story remains. The wars of the time were great with few dragons trusting those outside of their own clan. There were many fierce rivalries during this time. One day a Guardian was drawn to a dragon from a rival clan as their Charge. The Charge at first was distrustful of the Guardian's motivations but when saved from life threatening danger, and the Guardian being severally wounded by saving the Charge, the Charge realized that the Guardian's intentions were what they said they were. The Charge started uniting their rival clans so that peace and trust could exist between their clans. Once their clans were united in peace the Charge moved on to united more clans in the area so that the fighting would stop. As they devoted years of their life to this they gained the title The Uniter. The Guardian stayed by their side the whole time and kept them safe from any danger while their Charge brought about peace. It is said that when the two died, cause unknown, that the two became stars in the sky to remain together forever.
@Sorulis

tumblr_nv08s7lreL1u1z5kko1_540.png
tumblr_nv08s7lreL1u1z5kko2_540.png

Name: Guardian and their Charge, the Uniter

Lore
This constellation is based on a Guardian and their Charge. While details of the two have been lost to time that story remains. The wars of the time were great with few dragons trusting those outside of their own clan. There were many fierce rivalries during this time.

One day a Guardian was drawn to a dragon from a rival clan as their Charge. The Charge at first was distrustful of the Guardian's motivations but when saved from life threatening danger, and the Guardian being severally wounded by saving the Charge, the Charge realized that the Guardian's intentions were what they said they were. The Charge started uniting their rival clans so that peace and trust could exist between their clans. Once their clans were united in peace the Charge moved on to united more clans in the area so that the fighting would stop. As they devoted years of their life to this they gained the title The Uniter. The Guardian stayed by their side the whole time and kept them safe from any danger while their Charge brought about peace. It is said that when the two died, cause unknown, that the two became stars in the sky to remain together forever.
nBoOPgD.png tumblr_inline_oslbliqNaT1rxa3gl_400.png
@Bumblebeeflower

Your artwork is lovely, and your lore gave me the feels. I really like how you included parts of your own clan's lore into the constellation's background, and how you differentiated between the 'lore' and your clan's interactions.

Also Spacedad causing the apocalypse. Pffft.
(Glademama(?) throwing sticks at the Arcanist. HAHAhaaAHA)

Sending you your prizes now!
@Bumblebeeflower

Your artwork is lovely, and your lore gave me the feels. I really like how you included parts of your own clan's lore into the constellation's background, and how you differentiated between the 'lore' and your clan's interactions.

Also Spacedad causing the apocalypse. Pffft.
(Glademama(?) throwing sticks at the Arcanist. HAHAhaaAHA)

bhg_small_by_xnedra22-d8fsyoj.png
@Sorulis

Thank you! QwQ I always try to work my clan interacting with the natives in the clan of whatever festival is going on at the time to work in their birth home with their now home!

And yes, Glademama does like to throw sticks (or branches, depends on how long she's been trying to get your attention) at others to get them to pay attention.

Thank you very much for the prizes!
@Sorulis

Thank you! QwQ I always try to work my clan interacting with the natives in the clan of whatever festival is going on at the time to work in their birth home with their now home!

And yes, Glademama does like to throw sticks (or branches, depends on how long she's been trying to get your attention) at others to get them to pay attention.

Thank you very much for the prizes!
hellebore2.png
@BlueFox

FEELS. ALL THE FEELS. THIS REMINDS ME OF THE CRYMAGE LORE ALL OVER AGAIN--

Lovely work, and short but concise - it gets the point across extremely well! Reminds me of a happier version of Romeo and Juliet.. hrmrmr.

@BlueFox

FEELS. ALL THE FEELS. THIS REMINDS ME OF THE CRYMAGE LORE ALL OVER AGAIN--

Lovely work, and short but concise - it gets the point across extremely well! Reminds me of a happier version of Romeo and Juliet.. hrmrmr.

@Naga so I can get back to here when I'm on my laptop. Are there other Starfall events too?
@Naga so I can get back to here when I'm on my laptop. Are there other Starfall events too?
tgTY.png
@Tarere Here is my entry! It is the [b]Windswept Butterfly.[/b] Apologies for the shaky outline, but I have a tattoo in a similar shape (although they are faerie wings, not a butterfly :P) so I immediately saw this shape x3 I hope this is okay! [img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/risaisis/Starfall%20festival%20-%20starchart%20butterfly%20day%201_zpsmu7u6jr9.png[/img] [b]The Tale of the Windswept Butterfly[/b] "Many moons ago, before dragonkin ruled the world with their golden claws, there was a tiny insect with radiant wings and bright, twinkling eyes. It led a peaceful life, not expecting much to change - it fed, it flew, it found pleasure in the simplest of things. That swiftly changed one afternoon when the deities - those great, awe-inspiring beings whom the butterfly had never before seen with its own eyes - the deities began to tussle and tumble and taunt one another with their quarrels. These petty fights were above the butterfly.... so high above the butterfly, in fact, that the great deities' great wings caused great windstorms with each offended flap. Wind and Water were arguing again, and this time the butterfly had a front row seat. "As the storm rolled over the horizon, the butterfly had to flap hard to right itself in the resulting birth of the Lightning deity. The Stormcatcher made flying for the small butterfly impossible. But still, the butterfly tried to save itself - it flapped harder and harder, fighting the wind and weather, until its wings tangled and it tumbled through the air - caught in a current so torrential, the butterfly was whirled through the atmosphere, up, up... and out into the stars, which were waiting to catch the poor butterfly tossed so carelessly away. "The stars created a soft blanket to land on, and the butterfly looked over itself to ensure it had not been injured. Sure enough, the stars had ensured its safety, and now they were caught in the fine powder dusting its now-dazzling wings. The butterfly had found a new home now, among the stars, and to this day we can look up and see it resting with its companions - companions who don't argue over their differences but instead comfortably enjoy the simple things in life." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=150307&tab=dragon&did=11379813] Nighttide[/url] finished her tale and looked at the hatchlings nestled around her. They were smiling with the story, but they couldn't stop the sleepy yawns that crept over them. "Alright, and now it's time for bed, youngin's. Come along. We'll have more tales to tell tomorrow!"
@Tarere

Here is my entry! It is the Windswept Butterfly. Apologies for the shaky outline, but I have a tattoo in a similar shape (although they are faerie wings, not a butterfly :P) so I immediately saw this shape x3 I hope this is okay!

Starfall%20festival%20-%20starchart%20butterfly%20day%201_zpsmu7u6jr9.png

The Tale of the Windswept Butterfly

"Many moons ago, before dragonkin ruled the world with their golden claws, there was a tiny insect with radiant wings and bright, twinkling eyes. It led a peaceful life, not expecting much to change - it fed, it flew, it found pleasure in the simplest of things. That swiftly changed one afternoon when the deities - those great, awe-inspiring beings whom the butterfly had never before seen with its own eyes - the deities began to tussle and tumble and taunt one another with their quarrels. These petty fights were above the butterfly.... so high above the butterfly, in fact, that the great deities' great wings caused great windstorms with each offended flap. Wind and Water were arguing again, and this time the butterfly had a front row seat.

"As the storm rolled over the horizon, the butterfly had to flap hard to right itself in the resulting birth of the Lightning deity. The Stormcatcher made flying for the small butterfly impossible. But still, the butterfly tried to save itself - it flapped harder and harder, fighting the wind and weather, until its wings tangled and it tumbled through the air - caught in a current so torrential, the butterfly was whirled through the atmosphere, up, up... and out into the stars, which were waiting to catch the poor butterfly tossed so carelessly away.

"The stars created a soft blanket to land on, and the butterfly looked over itself to ensure it had not been injured. Sure enough, the stars had ensured its safety, and now they were caught in the fine powder dusting its now-dazzling wings. The butterfly had found a new home now, among the stars, and to this day we can look up and see it resting with its companions - companions who don't argue over their differences but instead comfortably enjoy the simple things in life."

Nighttide finished her tale and looked at the hatchlings nestled around her. They were smiling with the story, but they couldn't stop the sleepy yawns that crept over them. "Alright, and now it's time for bed, youngin's. Come along. We'll have more tales to tell tomorrow!"
1u3H6jas.png
@Tarere
15flm38.png
"The Wolf Prince"

[The quality of the story varies from storyteller to storyteller, but the story itself stays the same]

The legend often goes like this: there was once a wolf who had it all. He was a prince, born from the wealthiest pack in the land. He had a loving mother, a doting father, and many siblings to play with. One day, he sneaked out from his home den in search of adventure, and went inside a forest to play. When he returned, tragedy had struck his family. His father was nowhere to be found and his mother and siblings were dead, cold in their limbs. Horrified and grieving, the wolf prince fled far, far away from the terror that had killed his family.

The wolf prince was young, but not so young that he couldn't fend for himself. That being said, living alone was hard. There were many perils to be had: enemies, starvation, disease. The wolf prince was barely seven months old and there were many times when he brushed against death's fur.

Many seasons came and went after the loss of his family when the wolf prince came along with another wolf. She wasn't as high born as she; a commoner by his standards, but her beauty took her breath away. Her soft voice, her flowery scent, her fur soft as down, and the way she moved entranced him. He met her one spring day, when he was at his lowest. He was exhausted from the winter's travel, fur dirty and caked with grime, and terribly thin, for a lone wolf does not each very often. She gave him shelter when other gave him none and it was only after he had returned to his full health that she saw him for what he truly was; the wolf prince who was lost seasons ago, when the High Family was found massacred.

She cared not for his status, however, as, to her eyes, she saw him as an injured soul who had lost much and gained nothing, and helped his broken heart by simply being nothing more than his friend. She gave him company when he desired, and solitude when he needed it. She helped him hunt, sang along with him when they finished a meal and gave an ear when he was ready to tell his story. In the end, the two fell in love and were as if they were a whole.

They ran together for many moons until they were blessed with an oncoming litter of pups. The wolf prince was happier than he had ever known; he would soon have a family of his own, and the wolves were beginning to recognize him as the lost prince.

But then, soon after his mate had given birth, tragedy struck once more, in the shape of an envious wolf. This wolf had long had a quarrel with his father and it was he who had killed the original High Family. His thirst for blood had not been quenched, for one prince still survived. He was a wolf whose blood was considered low, and had never had a family to love. So he killed the prince's new family to torment the son of his rival. The wolf prince knew tragedy once more and wept like he never had before. But then, hope soon arrived in the form of his son, the smallest of the litter, yet the last one surviving. He had hidden in a small cleft in the cave where he was born, and that was how he survived. The wolf prince raised his son to be good and kind to all wolves, regardless of their lineage, and strove to make as little enemies as possible.

"Peace is a precious creature," he said. "But it is a delicate thing, easily broken and hard to mend. If you learn to love all that is and teach others to share that love, then the chances of it breaking minimize. If there is no one to be the guardian of that creature, then take it upon yourself to care for it and teach others how to help, and you will soon see how many will unite to care for it like a child."

When the wolf prince was old and ready to die, the Arcanist favored him and gave him a place among the stars. It stands as a symbol of peace and love. It is said that any creature born under it will never know true loneliness, for the wolf prince knows how it feels to be the loneliest creature on earth, with no one to give you a helping hand, and he will guide you to happier times. He will always be with you, regardless of who or what you are, for he loves all creatures equally and wishes nothing but that love to be shared.
@Tarere
15flm38.png
"The Wolf Prince"

[The quality of the story varies from storyteller to storyteller, but the story itself stays the same]

The legend often goes like this: there was once a wolf who had it all. He was a prince, born from the wealthiest pack in the land. He had a loving mother, a doting father, and many siblings to play with. One day, he sneaked out from his home den in search of adventure, and went inside a forest to play. When he returned, tragedy had struck his family. His father was nowhere to be found and his mother and siblings were dead, cold in their limbs. Horrified and grieving, the wolf prince fled far, far away from the terror that had killed his family.

The wolf prince was young, but not so young that he couldn't fend for himself. That being said, living alone was hard. There were many perils to be had: enemies, starvation, disease. The wolf prince was barely seven months old and there were many times when he brushed against death's fur.

Many seasons came and went after the loss of his family when the wolf prince came along with another wolf. She wasn't as high born as she; a commoner by his standards, but her beauty took her breath away. Her soft voice, her flowery scent, her fur soft as down, and the way she moved entranced him. He met her one spring day, when he was at his lowest. He was exhausted from the winter's travel, fur dirty and caked with grime, and terribly thin, for a lone wolf does not each very often. She gave him shelter when other gave him none and it was only after he had returned to his full health that she saw him for what he truly was; the wolf prince who was lost seasons ago, when the High Family was found massacred.

She cared not for his status, however, as, to her eyes, she saw him as an injured soul who had lost much and gained nothing, and helped his broken heart by simply being nothing more than his friend. She gave him company when he desired, and solitude when he needed it. She helped him hunt, sang along with him when they finished a meal and gave an ear when he was ready to tell his story. In the end, the two fell in love and were as if they were a whole.

They ran together for many moons until they were blessed with an oncoming litter of pups. The wolf prince was happier than he had ever known; he would soon have a family of his own, and the wolves were beginning to recognize him as the lost prince.

But then, soon after his mate had given birth, tragedy struck once more, in the shape of an envious wolf. This wolf had long had a quarrel with his father and it was he who had killed the original High Family. His thirst for blood had not been quenched, for one prince still survived. He was a wolf whose blood was considered low, and had never had a family to love. So he killed the prince's new family to torment the son of his rival. The wolf prince knew tragedy once more and wept like he never had before. But then, hope soon arrived in the form of his son, the smallest of the litter, yet the last one surviving. He had hidden in a small cleft in the cave where he was born, and that was how he survived. The wolf prince raised his son to be good and kind to all wolves, regardless of their lineage, and strove to make as little enemies as possible.

"Peace is a precious creature," he said. "But it is a delicate thing, easily broken and hard to mend. If you learn to love all that is and teach others to share that love, then the chances of it breaking minimize. If there is no one to be the guardian of that creature, then take it upon yourself to care for it and teach others how to help, and you will soon see how many will unite to care for it like a child."

When the wolf prince was old and ready to die, the Arcanist favored him and gave him a place among the stars. It stands as a symbol of peace and love. It is said that any creature born under it will never know true loneliness, for the wolf prince knows how it feels to be the loneliest creature on earth, with no one to give you a helping hand, and he will guide you to happier times. He will always be with you, regardless of who or what you are, for he loves all creatures equally and wishes nothing but that love to be shared.
@Naga

The Starfall Hub link is here

Along with the Star Chart game, we've got a Let's-Start-The-Apocalypse, Choose Your Own Adventure, a Creativity Contest, a Cooking Contest, and so much more! I hope you enjoy Starfall, and I can't wait to see what star charts you'll be making should you participate! :D
@Naga

The Starfall Hub link is here

Along with the Star Chart game, we've got a Let's-Start-The-Apocalypse, Choose Your Own Adventure, a Creativity Contest, a Cooking Contest, and so much more! I hope you enjoy Starfall, and I can't wait to see what star charts you'll be making should you participate! :D
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19