Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FF] The Great Flameforge Joust
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 51 52
@Sasga Just caught up with reading through all the battles so far and I really love your writing! You're doing a great job, I just hope you're able to enjoy the event yourself despite all the time and energy you have to put into this! :)
@Sasga Just caught up with reading through all the battles so far and I really love your writing! You're doing a great job, I just hope you're able to enjoy the event yourself despite all the time and energy you have to put into this! :)
@sasga I should be collcting holiday currency, and here I am instead reading amazing joust prose. What have you done? I'm excited to see more! But yes, I hope you don't overwork yourself, friend! [img]https://media0.giphy.com/media/vUsPDSKr49oas/200.gif[/img] @Malokia Yes, I've been falling in love with all of these wonderful dragons! I'm sure Bryz fought well! Will she be sticking around to catch the rest of the joust? @Skellington10802 Gosh, that's a relief. She would surely kick all our butts, otherwise. :P As it were, we've both still had our turn yet today. We'll just have to see what comes, ay? @TheMythril I can tell, and a lovely job you did, too. =u= @Namira Oh my, what a fearsome opponent! Congrats on winning the first round! She'll have everyone quaking in their boots, surely. @sleepingrose Welcome to the festivities! Better late than never, ay? :P [s]Zog reminds me of one of the guardians from the puzzle in Jigsaw[/s]
@sasga
I should be collcting holiday currency, and here I am instead reading amazing joust prose. What have you done?

I'm excited to see more! But yes, I hope you don't overwork yourself, friend!

200.gif

@Malokia
Yes, I've been falling in love with all of these wonderful dragons!
I'm sure Bryz fought well! Will she be sticking around to catch the rest of the joust?

@Skellington10802
Gosh, that's a relief. She would surely kick all our butts, otherwise. :P
As it were, we've both still had our turn yet today. We'll just have to see what comes, ay?

@TheMythril
I can tell, and a lovely job you did, too. =u=

@Namira
Oh my, what a fearsome opponent! Congrats on winning the first round!
She'll have everyone quaking in their boots, surely.

@sleepingrose
Welcome to the festivities! Better late than never, ay? :P
Zog reminds me of one of the guardians from the puzzle in Jigsaw
@Higuchi

Hehe thanks! Though I will admit, I'll be a little sad for putting so much work in if I lose first round :P
@Higuchi

Hehe thanks! Though I will admit, I'll be a little sad for putting so much work in if I lose first round :P
aaaaaaa 2iRFIjf.png
IpfqSZl.png
C6uVV3r.png rcPCtfe.png
qZrjH79.png
@Higuchi
For ure she will. :)
Or at least as long I can be online :)
@Higuchi
For ure she will. :)
Or at least as long I can be online :)
giRiYE5.png
@Dreadnoughtus
Fresaron silently dips his head to his opponent, acknowledging his brave words and giving respect in kind. "You do great honor for your flight. If this event is held again in the future, I hope to see you here." He turns away then, quietly slipping off to a place where he might meditate in peace, away from the roaring crowds.
@Dreadnoughtus
Fresaron silently dips his head to his opponent, acknowledging his brave words and giving respect in kind. "You do great honor for your flight. If this event is held again in the future, I hope to see you here." He turns away then, quietly slipping off to a place where he might meditate in peace, away from the roaring crowds.
The staff tried to tell Gwalchmai that he wasn’t allowed to have the twigs on his person for safety reasons, but quickly discovered that there was nothing they could say or do to change his mind. Jaime was prepared to mock the Nocturne until he learned that the twigs were the token of his lady, and he changed his mind. He can respect love, if little else. He only hopes that they don’t get set alight by the embers drifting in the air. For all the commotion, the token doesn’t help Gwalchmai in the battle, and he’s eliminated from the Joust.

Hydrophane doesn’t have time for crowd gossip and incompetent Joust staff. She’s here for the fight, for the glory, and for the redemption. Triton isn’t particularly interested in crossing the Ridgeback, especially not before combat, so he’s inclined to agree. He understands that compromise is sometimes necessary. Hydrophane doesn’t want compromise either. Upon seeing that only the threat of bodily harm is necessary to bend the Imperial to her will, she knows that he is no serious threat. But that doesn’t mean she wont fight him with all her strength anyway. Taken off guard by her ruthlessness, Triton secretly feels that she has violated the code of honour that is crucial to the Joust, but accepts his defeat without comment. He is not embarrassed to lose to such a great warrior, and hopes the Tidelord is satisfied with his performance.

Another victory for the Fire Flight! Ilthindyr is incredibly proud of this one, if his gloating is anything to go by. He has been recounting the tale of his victory to the onlookers for many minutes now, as if they weren’t all watching as it happened. They will all attest that Iskan never “lowered his head in deference to such a great warrior” or “offered to pay him all his treasure to spare his life”. If these rumours get out, Iskan’s father will never take him seriously. But no one’s going to say that to Ilthindyr’s face though. They value their lives. One thing that even the Champion himself will agree on, is that he never really needs a reason to shed blood. Dishonourable, maybe, and yet I feel the Flamecaller would approve of such a mindset. But that’s not the kind of awful thing we need to say about our Lady during her own Festival.

When the very ground you walk on is a source of light, you’d think attacking from the shadows would be impossible, and yet here we are. Justice doesn’t need eyesight to know the air is thick with smoke, and he imagines that honour in the Ashfall Wastes is something alien and strange. Sunset has fought in the shadows all her life, and doesn’t share his opinion. With the fight being so greatly in her favour, she easily bests her opponent and advances to the next Tier.

@dariiksnake @Midyra @SosnahSaruvaak @CaptainDino You're moving onto the next Tier! Please message me with your chosen lance material before 10:00FRT tomorrow!

@Cuivienen @Adamanta @briteoctopus @Asobi unfortunately, your dragons have been eliminated from the Joust. Your prizes will be sent to you shortly, but remember: if the winner of your tier forfeits, you'll get another chance to participate. I'll let you know within the next 24 hours

I'm back :D Thanks everyone for your kind words, i'm glad you're enjoying the event. I just need to keep the paragraphs a reasonable size, which can be tough when i've got such great characters to work with
The staff tried to tell Gwalchmai that he wasn’t allowed to have the twigs on his person for safety reasons, but quickly discovered that there was nothing they could say or do to change his mind. Jaime was prepared to mock the Nocturne until he learned that the twigs were the token of his lady, and he changed his mind. He can respect love, if little else. He only hopes that they don’t get set alight by the embers drifting in the air. For all the commotion, the token doesn’t help Gwalchmai in the battle, and he’s eliminated from the Joust.

Hydrophane doesn’t have time for crowd gossip and incompetent Joust staff. She’s here for the fight, for the glory, and for the redemption. Triton isn’t particularly interested in crossing the Ridgeback, especially not before combat, so he’s inclined to agree. He understands that compromise is sometimes necessary. Hydrophane doesn’t want compromise either. Upon seeing that only the threat of bodily harm is necessary to bend the Imperial to her will, she knows that he is no serious threat. But that doesn’t mean she wont fight him with all her strength anyway. Taken off guard by her ruthlessness, Triton secretly feels that she has violated the code of honour that is crucial to the Joust, but accepts his defeat without comment. He is not embarrassed to lose to such a great warrior, and hopes the Tidelord is satisfied with his performance.

Another victory for the Fire Flight! Ilthindyr is incredibly proud of this one, if his gloating is anything to go by. He has been recounting the tale of his victory to the onlookers for many minutes now, as if they weren’t all watching as it happened. They will all attest that Iskan never “lowered his head in deference to such a great warrior” or “offered to pay him all his treasure to spare his life”. If these rumours get out, Iskan’s father will never take him seriously. But no one’s going to say that to Ilthindyr’s face though. They value their lives. One thing that even the Champion himself will agree on, is that he never really needs a reason to shed blood. Dishonourable, maybe, and yet I feel the Flamecaller would approve of such a mindset. But that’s not the kind of awful thing we need to say about our Lady during her own Festival.

When the very ground you walk on is a source of light, you’d think attacking from the shadows would be impossible, and yet here we are. Justice doesn’t need eyesight to know the air is thick with smoke, and he imagines that honour in the Ashfall Wastes is something alien and strange. Sunset has fought in the shadows all her life, and doesn’t share his opinion. With the fight being so greatly in her favour, she easily bests her opponent and advances to the next Tier.

@dariiksnake @Midyra @SosnahSaruvaak @CaptainDino You're moving onto the next Tier! Please message me with your chosen lance material before 10:00FRT tomorrow!

@Cuivienen @Adamanta @briteoctopus @Asobi unfortunately, your dragons have been eliminated from the Joust. Your prizes will be sent to you shortly, but remember: if the winner of your tier forfeits, you'll get another chance to participate. I'll let you know within the next 24 hours

I'm back :D Thanks everyone for your kind words, i'm glad you're enjoying the event. I just need to keep the paragraphs a reasonable size, which can be tough when i've got such great characters to work with
TrOwIM9.png
@GryphonSong [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14307080] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/143071/14307080_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i]Seaglass returns the nod and swings his bag of newly aquired materials (mostly rocks) onto his back. Not aware of the rising prices of some of those items due to festival alchemy, he wonders why his boss, if she's supposed to be some great seer, would have sent him off to the joust if he were to lose in the first round. Oh well, at least it was a fun time! Perhaps he'll come back to watch after delivering his prizes back to his clan. [/i]
@GryphonSong

Seaglass returns the nod and swings his bag of newly aquired materials (mostly rocks) onto his back. Not aware of the rising prices of some of those items due to festival alchemy, he wonders why his boss, if she's supposed to be some great seer, would have sent him off to the joust if he were to lose in the first round. Oh well, at least it was a fun time! Perhaps he'll come back to watch after delivering his prizes back to his clan.
Na5WGHa.png
Kaji still isn’t really sure what he’s doing here, but he’s willing to give the contest his best shot anyway. Rutacaea is very much in the same situation, but the two of them will never know how much they have in common. Though quiet and withdrawn, both dragons are seasoned fighters and aren’t afraid to exhibit their skill in the Joust. The crowd has yet to witness true hesitation or cowardice, and all the staff live in fear of the day that they do. Disappointment isn’t Kaji’s dominant emotion when he loses the round, however he dreads the disappointment of those who urged him to participate.

Most dragons would not recommend making a home in a place constantly on fire, but Kvika could not feel less out of place. With her lance of deadly obsidian, prepared for combat and ready for battle, she feels very much in her element, despite being so far away from her clan. All those watching are dismayed when her lance shatters spectacularly against Flourish’s hide, and she’s unable to continue the round. Flourish counts himself incredibly lucky that he picked a more sturdy material for his lance, but is slightly disappointed that he didn’t get the chance to battle her more.

The crowd completely fails to notice Radiance’s nerves, but her squire sees the way her lance trembles in her claws and gives her some words of encouragement. “Kieran doesn’t really hate hatchlings- not that you’re a hatchling of course, just young- he just seems like he does, and he’s not that dangerous of an opponent- though he used to be back in the day, and you know what Tundras’ memories are like- Wait, where are you going?” Could we blame that squire for Radiance’s defeat? Probably. Will we? Radiance might. Staff incompetence aside, the battle was incredibly close, but Kieran came out on top in the end.

Glimmerwing exuberantly tells the crowd how excited she is to represent her new clan and represent the Windsinger, determinedly ignoring the fae to her left insisting that she’s ruining her own chances and should ignore them all if at all possible. Glimmerwing should have listened to that fae. Indar likes to play rough and showed no mercy during the fight, landing some painful hits to the Guardian’s chest. Despite her perseverance, she just wasn’t fast enough to defeat Indar in the third pass, and loses the round.

@Droiline @Swablue @haelfire @Shadowrunner You're moving onto the next Tier! Please message me with your chosen lance material before 11:00FRT tomorrow!

@sylscarlett @LundLaeva @tigressRising @englishcapital unfortunately, your dragons have been eliminated from the Joust. Your prizes will be sent to you shortly, but remember: if the winner of your tier forfeits, you'll get another chance to participate. I'll let you know within the next 24 hours
Kaji still isn’t really sure what he’s doing here, but he’s willing to give the contest his best shot anyway. Rutacaea is very much in the same situation, but the two of them will never know how much they have in common. Though quiet and withdrawn, both dragons are seasoned fighters and aren’t afraid to exhibit their skill in the Joust. The crowd has yet to witness true hesitation or cowardice, and all the staff live in fear of the day that they do. Disappointment isn’t Kaji’s dominant emotion when he loses the round, however he dreads the disappointment of those who urged him to participate.

Most dragons would not recommend making a home in a place constantly on fire, but Kvika could not feel less out of place. With her lance of deadly obsidian, prepared for combat and ready for battle, she feels very much in her element, despite being so far away from her clan. All those watching are dismayed when her lance shatters spectacularly against Flourish’s hide, and she’s unable to continue the round. Flourish counts himself incredibly lucky that he picked a more sturdy material for his lance, but is slightly disappointed that he didn’t get the chance to battle her more.

The crowd completely fails to notice Radiance’s nerves, but her squire sees the way her lance trembles in her claws and gives her some words of encouragement. “Kieran doesn’t really hate hatchlings- not that you’re a hatchling of course, just young- he just seems like he does, and he’s not that dangerous of an opponent- though he used to be back in the day, and you know what Tundras’ memories are like- Wait, where are you going?” Could we blame that squire for Radiance’s defeat? Probably. Will we? Radiance might. Staff incompetence aside, the battle was incredibly close, but Kieran came out on top in the end.

Glimmerwing exuberantly tells the crowd how excited she is to represent her new clan and represent the Windsinger, determinedly ignoring the fae to her left insisting that she’s ruining her own chances and should ignore them all if at all possible. Glimmerwing should have listened to that fae. Indar likes to play rough and showed no mercy during the fight, landing some painful hits to the Guardian’s chest. Despite her perseverance, she just wasn’t fast enough to defeat Indar in the third pass, and loses the round.

@Droiline @Swablue @haelfire @Shadowrunner You're moving onto the next Tier! Please message me with your chosen lance material before 11:00FRT tomorrow!

@sylscarlett @LundLaeva @tigressRising @englishcapital unfortunately, your dragons have been eliminated from the Joust. Your prizes will be sent to you shortly, but remember: if the winner of your tier forfeits, you'll get another chance to participate. I'll let you know within the next 24 hours
TrOwIM9.png
This is great. I'm impressed with all of this.
This is great. I'm impressed with all of this.
@janetlin

Elleanna had a great time against Viridia and wishes her luck in the up coming rounds.
@janetlin

Elleanna had a great time against Viridia and wishes her luck in the up coming rounds.
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 51 52