Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | ✎MJ Poetry Contest: Closed & Winners!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2551941] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/25520/2551941_350.png[/img] [/url] Annthea stood in front of the judges, her claws shaking slightly as she held her poem. She loved literature and had wanted to use an old form for her poem. She had been working on it for days even when he clan mates teased her for it, wondering why she wasn't in the coliseum battling enemies or scavenging for bugs. Annthea had her eyes set on higher things than that, and didn't care if it made her seem like a misfit in her aggressive clan. At least the judges seemed nice. Taking a deep breath she began to read. Her snakelike tongue made her hiss the S words a little bit, but despite that her tone was light and cheerful, and she began to sound more confident as she went on. [b]Villanelle for the Wind Festival[/b] On this bright day in spring Breezes tumble through the sky Come out and play and sing! Have some fun, start a fling! It's time to get up and fly On this bright day in spring Your mood is on the upswing Your spirits soaring high Come out and play and sing! Let merriment ring The fun will never die On this bright day in spring Today troubles will not sting Nothing can make you cry Come out and play and sing! The celebration is nigh So pay your respects to the Windsinger king On this bright day in spring Come out and play and sing! @Eclipsa @Paintminion @Layz @Scrivello

2551941_350.png

Annthea stood in front of the judges, her claws shaking slightly as she held her poem. She loved literature and had wanted to use an old form for her poem. She had been working on it for days even when he clan mates teased her for it, wondering why she wasn't in the coliseum battling enemies or scavenging for bugs. Annthea had her eyes set on higher things than that, and didn't care if it made her seem like a misfit in her aggressive clan. At least the judges seemed nice.

Taking a deep breath she began to read. Her snakelike tongue made her hiss the S words a little bit, but despite that her tone was light and cheerful, and she began to sound more confident as she went on.

Villanelle for the Wind Festival

On this bright day in spring
Breezes tumble through the sky
Come out and play and sing!
Have some fun, start a fling!
It's time to get up and fly
Your mood is on the upswing
Your spirits soaring high
Let merriment ring
The fun will never die
Today troubles will not sting
Nothing can make you cry
The celebration is nigh
So pay your respects to the Windsinger king

@Eclipsa @Paintminion @Layz @Scrivello
thw3Wtd.png
@Eclipsa Ooops! Knew I forgot something! xD
The title is:
A Collection of Woems (Windie Poems)

Annnd some wordplay in the title because why ever not? x3

And sorry to make life JUST that bit harder for you... I honestly didn't mean too! xD
And thank you! That's sweet of you.

I think Galapagos is blushing and giggling from relief in the corner, I had better go and shake him out of his stupor x3

@Grune that's a nice poem! :-D I enjoyed reading that x3
@Eclipsa Ooops! Knew I forgot something! xD
The title is:
A Collection of Woems (Windie Poems)

Annnd some wordplay in the title because why ever not? x3

And sorry to make life JUST that bit harder for you... I honestly didn't mean too! xD
And thank you! That's sweet of you.

I think Galapagos is blushing and giggling from relief in the corner, I had better go and shake him out of his stupor x3

@Grune that's a nice poem! :-D I enjoyed reading that x3
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
@BeingofNature
Thank you! @u@
It's hard writing a poem the way a dragon speaks.
That's why I really love reading the entries here. They're so full of dragon personalities gosh. f;gldk
@BeingofNature
Thank you! @u@
It's hard writing a poem the way a dragon speaks.
That's why I really love reading the entries here. They're so full of dragon personalities gosh. f;gldk
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.

And yes! I didn't think of that... I just wrote poems xD
@Grune No problem!

And yes! I didn't think of that... I just wrote poems xD
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
@Eclipsa @Paintminion @Layz @Scrivello [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2728612] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/27287/2728612_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Mim whirled towards the stage, body twisting in flight as she gently and gracefully touched down in front of the judges panel. Bowing her head down respectively to each one in turn and flashing them a quick, excited grin, Mim turned her body to address both the judges and crowd. Mim's scales shone vibrantly in the stage lighting, reflecting pearlescent shades of light green upon the faces of everyone in the room, causing her to laugh in a good-natured way. Moving her body with her words, attracting the eyes of all the audience, Mim pulled out her storyteller qualities and created a vision in the audience's eyes. Lightly clearing her musical throat, (she had an odd accent in her voice, causing her to sound as if she was always amused) Mim began to speak in a voice like a rushing wind that settled over the audience, promoting goosebumps of the scales. [center][b]Time of the Wind[/b][/center] [center][i]Windsinger is the constant of time, The ruler of all and the ruler of mine. Going out farther than the last reaches of Light, Wind continues on, even into the night. Water is limited to the edges of the land, While Wind never fails to stir up the sand. Shadows linger by, ensnared by the light, As Wind blusters on without even a fright. Plaque comes together to crush and destroy, As Wind laughs as one without a dark ploy. Nature ties itself down with roots in the ground, Wind flies above, filling the world with glee abound. The Arcane knows knowledge and how to find more, While Wind uses creativity to open a new, unentered door. Earth rumbles and groans and complains, always locked in place, While Wind jovially bursts out in song, forever filling a new space. Ice is a great force which then melts and thaws away, Yet Wind sticks around, day after new dawning day. Fire is brilliant and bold in its hearth, yet put it out and you are left in the dark, Wind is a beautiful, ever-changing creation that Fire needs to fuel it's powerful sensation. Lightning is incredibly sharp, quick as the Light, and flashes a spark in the middle of the night, Yet it would not move if the Wind did not shift, it would not be so if Windy clouds weren't created in flight. Dragons would be tired, sore, overworked, and worn, If the great Windsinger had never been born. You see, my friends, and all who hear this tale, Wind is usually left out and thought of as frail. This is not so, as you heard me just say, Wind is a driving force behind every new day. Compared to time and how it always goes on, Wind is the clan that shall continue on strong. No other force can stop us in its tracks, No other force can ever hold us back. We are the laughter and the great cry of the gale, Wind is the one left standing when all else fails.[/i][/center] [center]Grinning widely as she finished up her poem, Mim gave one last grateful bow to the applause before leaving the stage.[/center]
@Eclipsa @Paintminion @Layz @Scrivello
Mim whirled towards the stage, body twisting in flight as she gently and gracefully touched down in front of the judges panel. Bowing her head down respectively to each one in turn and flashing them a quick, excited grin, Mim turned her body to address both the judges and crowd.
Mim's scales shone vibrantly in the stage lighting, reflecting pearlescent shades of light green upon the faces of everyone in the room, causing her to laugh in a good-natured way. Moving her body with her words, attracting the eyes of all the audience, Mim pulled out her storyteller qualities and created a vision in the audience's eyes.
Lightly clearing her musical throat, (she had an odd accent in her voice, causing her to sound as if she was always amused) Mim began to speak in a voice like a rushing wind that settled over the audience, promoting goosebumps of the scales.

Time of the Wind
Windsinger is the constant of time,
The ruler of all and the ruler of mine.

Going out farther than the last reaches of Light,
Wind continues on, even into the night.

Water is limited to the edges of the land,
While Wind never fails to stir up the sand.

Shadows linger by, ensnared by the light,
As Wind blusters on without even a fright.

Plaque comes together to crush and destroy,
As Wind laughs as one without a dark ploy.

Nature ties itself down with roots in the ground,
Wind flies above, filling the world with glee abound.

The Arcane knows knowledge and how to find more,
While Wind uses creativity to open a new, unentered door.

Earth rumbles and groans and complains, always locked in place,
While Wind jovially bursts out in song, forever filling a new space.

Ice is a great force which then melts and thaws away,
Yet Wind sticks around, day after new dawning day.

Fire is brilliant and bold in its hearth, yet put it out and you are left in the dark,
Wind is a beautiful, ever-changing creation that Fire needs to fuel it's powerful sensation.

Lightning is incredibly sharp, quick as the Light, and flashes a spark in the middle of the night,
Yet it would not move if the Wind did not shift, it would not be so if Windy clouds weren't created in flight.

Dragons would be tired, sore, overworked, and worn,
If the great Windsinger had never been born.
You see, my friends, and all who hear this tale,
Wind is usually left out and thought of as frail.

This is not so, as you heard me just say,
Wind is a driving force behind every new day.
Compared to time and how it always goes on,
Wind is the clan that shall continue on strong.

No other force can stop us in its tracks,
No other force can ever hold us back.
We are the laughter and the great cry of the gale,
Wind is the one left standing when all else fails.

Grinning widely as she finished up her poem, Mim gave one last grateful bow to the applause before leaving the stage.
gk3YOKC.gif
@Ursahyperdrive Pinging myself so I don't lose this!
@Ursahyperdrive Pinging myself so I don't lose this!
@TheInkheart - here I went and commented on your page and forgot to add you to the first page! Oops. Do you have have a title for you poem? (You can edit your post)

I think I'll add to the first page that if poems do not have titles that I shall use the first line of the poem as title.

@Ursahyperdrive - You can also bookmark it, but make sure you change the title of the bookmark. Otherwise it all just says FlightRising, haha. Or bookmark the hub page!
@TheInkheart - here I went and commented on your page and forgot to add you to the first page! Oops. Do you have have a title for you poem? (You can edit your post)

I think I'll add to the first page that if poems do not have titles that I shall use the first line of the poem as title.

@Ursahyperdrive - You can also bookmark it, but make sure you change the title of the bookmark. Otherwise it all just says FlightRising, haha. Or bookmark the hub page!
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
@Eclipsa I probably will, but my bookmarks are such a mess from school that I'll probably end up losing it anyway orz
Thank you though!
@Eclipsa I probably will, but my bookmarks are such a mess from school that I'll probably end up losing it anyway orz
Thank you though!
[center][size=4][color=#6a9810][b]This just in! Our first prize package is now complete! The winning poet will welcome this little fellow into his/her/their lair: [/color][/size] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/3148.png[/img][/center]
This just in! Our first prize package is now complete! The winning poet will welcome this little fellow into his/her/their lair:
3148.png
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
@Eclipsa, @Paintminion, @Layz, @Scrivello

To the Mistral Jamboree

I heard there’s a blowing
Something kind of strange
A few dragons said
They felt the wind change
Perplexed I pondered,
I wondered,
And I wandered…
Till I heard a voice
That told me where to go
He said to call him “Hot Dad”,
And directed me to the Windswept Plateau.
When I arrived
Oh, what a sight!
Banners and streamers,
Balloons and kites…
Where has this wonderful place been all my life!?
Dragons danced through the streets
And the venders harked their one-of-a-kinds
Paper lanterns, pan flutes, candied sparrows –
Who knows what else I could find!
I was caught up in a whirlwind,
That was for sure.
So I stopped and asked a stranger
What this was all for?
With a hearty laugh
He showed me
A festive banner floating high,
I don’t know how I missed it,
And care not to wonder why,
It read plain for all to see:
“Welcome everybody,
to the Mistral Jamboree!”
@Eclipsa, @Paintminion, @Layz, @Scrivello

To the Mistral Jamboree

I heard there’s a blowing
Something kind of strange
A few dragons said
They felt the wind change
Perplexed I pondered,
I wondered,
And I wandered…
Till I heard a voice
That told me where to go
He said to call him “Hot Dad”,
And directed me to the Windswept Plateau.
When I arrived
Oh, what a sight!
Banners and streamers,
Balloons and kites…
Where has this wonderful place been all my life!?
Dragons danced through the streets
And the venders harked their one-of-a-kinds
Paper lanterns, pan flutes, candied sparrows –
Who knows what else I could find!
I was caught up in a whirlwind,
That was for sure.
So I stopped and asked a stranger
What this was all for?
With a hearty laugh
He showed me
A festive banner floating high,
I don’t know how I missed it,