Back

Find a Dragon

Search for the perfect dragon.
TOPIC | The Dragonwish Foundation
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 966 967
@Ganandorf
My apologies... Thanks for catching that... :)
@Ganandorf
My apologies... Thanks for catching that... :)
On between 8-22 server time. If I don't respond, I'm asleep! XD
brewing.png
tumblr_onwju7SRmm1u8scv6o1_75sq.png My room is so full of books,
you'd need a library card to get in!
I belong to Anti-Socials Anonymous.
So far, we have yet to meet...
@Ganondorf
My lair is open for dragon loaning if there is a color or gene needed! Thoth and KeLaiHu are spoken for at the moment, but everyone else is available! And I have extensive notes on who pairs well with who. (I have waaaaay too much time on my hands...)
@Ganondorf
My lair is open for dragon loaning if there is a color or gene needed! Thoth and KeLaiHu are spoken for at the moment, but everyone else is available! And I have extensive notes on who pairs well with who. (I have waaaaay too much time on my hands...)
On between 8-22 server time. If I don't respond, I'm asleep! XD
brewing.png
tumblr_onwju7SRmm1u8scv6o1_75sq.png My room is so full of books,
you'd need a library card to get in!
I belong to Anti-Socials Anonymous.
So far, we have yet to meet...
@Pendragyn

XoX omg no need to wait, carmel is perfect! I'll absolutely take him! I just needed a good fella for this lady and he fits the bill ^.^
I remember paying a shocking little amount for this guy, is there somewhere I can make a donation?
@Pendragyn

XoX omg no need to wait, carmel is perfect! I'll absolutely take him! I just needed a good fella for this lady and he fits the bill ^.^
I remember paying a shocking little amount for this guy, is there somewhere I can make a donation?
m8aFFXb.gif
@Ganondorf - I'll gladly volunteer for earth nesting! :) I love hosting for other people, especially if it'll get them a dragon they're really hoping for.
@Ganondorf - I'll gladly volunteer for earth nesting! :) I love hosting for other people, especially if it'll get them a dragon they're really hoping for.
@ganondorf you know I gladly offer my lightning neat to the cause
@ganondorf you know I gladly offer my lightning neat to the cause
tumblr_inline_nwu3otaP9J1t7d5o3_500.gif
@CasualTea96 @Ganondorf

Crossroads sent with Carmel! Wish Granted! Hurray!

As for donations, not sure who would be the one to talk to.

The other babs and perhaps parents will go live with the Arcanist in a few weeks, so if anyone wants any of these or the others who are unfamiliared in my lair, I'll let em go for 10k.
@CasualTea96 @Ganondorf

Crossroads sent with Carmel! Wish Granted! Hurray!

As for donations, not sure who would be the one to talk to.

The other babs and perhaps parents will go live with the Arcanist in a few weeks, so if anyone wants any of these or the others who are unfamiliared in my lair, I'll let em go for 10k.

77396432.png 70262926.png

BBCode Resources:
Crowe's Compendium
BBCode Guide
BBCode Fonts
GNU Terry Pratchett
Hi guys! Sorry I've been a little quiet! Been tackling the monster that is the raffle planning, and I've made some serious headway. The prize packs have been, for the most part, finalized, with the exception of the dragon prizes which are still baffling me, but I hope to have those finalized once I have dom next week and can buy up some apparel I don't own so I can finally model it on the dragons and figure out good sets of outfits. xD

At this point, I think we're ready to start accepting donations for this raffle.
You can click here to peruse the list.
The items we're seeking are on the second sheet, "11 Flight Planning". Things that are donated will be in green with the donors' names next to them.

I don't expect our breeders to be the only donors. If you can, I encourage you to share the list with friends!

If anyone feels like something is missing or something needs changing from that list, feel free to let me know!

I hope this new thread is pleasing to everyone, I tried to clean it up a bit and reorganize to make room for things that needed room. There were a couple things I would like to expand upon, but figured I should probably talk to everyone first!

First, when putting together the section on ways to help, a thought occurred to me, what if we had a list of people who have permitted us to ping them when we start looking for donations for our fundraising? I've gotten a few messages from folks who have been willing to donate funds to us, it might be nice to have these folks as a sort of back-up and support team.

Another supportive role would be spotters; people who poke around in the AH, seeing if a wish dragon, or a dragon close to a wish dragon, pops up, and letting either myself, whoever would be in charge of the nursery, or Succubuslust know, so we can capitalize on the opportunity to get a wish done. This is part of my own tasks as the project manager already, though with everything else, I haven't had that much time to actually do it lately. Rather than have a single project assistant, I was thinking, maybe it would be neat to expand this specific role for those who want to help with granting wishes, but do not want to be or cannot be a breeder.

A third idea was slightly inspired by @WarriorMaiden's post! What if we had a library of dragons we have been given permission to breed with? This library could be compiled using something like the Dream Dragon Calculator. How it would work is someone would maintain the list, adding and removing dragons we have permission to use, and then when a breeder has a new wish, they can make a copy of our library of dragons to their own Google docs, enter in the dream dragon in question, and see if there are any potential matches.

A few tail end things that needed mentioning! We have a few vacant spots among our lineup of officers!

Vice-President: I have currently taken on this hat, as no one else is wearing it, but I have left the slot blank, in case someone else would like to fill it. From what I understand, the role would entail helping the president with duties such as accepting new members, addressing questions, and help organize and improve the DWF to keep it running smoothly. And, of course, step in if needed if the president disappeared.

Project Assistant: Besides the trawling the AH looking for potential wish dragons, my role as the Project Manager mostly deals with private messages that I have received from wishers, and assigning wishes, which are tasks well within my means. If we were to expand the role of the Spotter, this role may be redundant. Thoughts on this?

Nursery: This isn't a role we have run into dire problems needing yet, but having someone with plenty of lair space and food (or maybe you're like my friend and don't feed your dragons? It wouldn't matter either way, since they aren't needed right away) would be helpful, especially if we started having Spotters, so that we can hold dragons for two reasons: A wish is completed, but the wisher appears MIA. We don't expect someone to hold a dragon eternally, rather we would want a lair that the dragon can stay in with a one-way delivery to the wisher until enough time has passed that we would normally have removed the wisher from the wishlist. (Currently, inactive wishers have a year to return since being put on the inactive wishlist.) The second reason would be to hold the dragons that the Spotters find, especially if they find dragons that can breed a wish dragon, but is not the wish dragon directly. These dragons would need a place to wait until someone can take on the specific project requiring them, then they can go to that breeder.

One last note, in the rules, it states we must display a banner on our lookup. However, I have no idea who is in charge of making the banners! What do we do?

I would also like to thank some new nesters for their generosity!
@ixris @Ultear @blaireau @Chasty @krisaylas and Succubuslust!

Sorry for so many pings, guys! I try to keep group pings limited only to larger posts such as this, so I'm not being a pest to people, and then I'll ping only those who have posted with further discussion if needed. I just don't like to make decisions alone!
@AetheriumAeon @AetherSeer @AmmieKatt @bluesnowwolff @Ganondorf @Hailey @MetalDawn71 @Nixifer @Pendragyn @PlushiePalooza @Polarstern @rainerain @Spooner @Succubuslust @SummerLark @tapixt @Viatrixa @wylde13 @Zebeyithra
Hi guys! Sorry I've been a little quiet! Been tackling the monster that is the raffle planning, and I've made some serious headway. The prize packs have been, for the most part, finalized, with the exception of the dragon prizes which are still baffling me, but I hope to have those finalized once I have dom next week and can buy up some apparel I don't own so I can finally model it on the dragons and figure out good sets of outfits. xD

At this point, I think we're ready to start accepting donations for this raffle.
You can click here to peruse the list.
The items we're seeking are on the second sheet, "11 Flight Planning". Things that are donated will be in green with the donors' names next to them.

I don't expect our breeders to be the only donors. If you can, I encourage you to share the list with friends!

If anyone feels like something is missing or something needs changing from that list, feel free to let me know!

I hope this new thread is pleasing to everyone, I tried to clean it up a bit and reorganize to make room for things that needed room. There were a couple things I would like to expand upon, but figured I should probably talk to everyone first!

First, when putting together the section on ways to help, a thought occurred to me, what if we had a list of people who have permitted us to ping them when we start looking for donations for our fundraising? I've gotten a few messages from folks who have been willing to donate funds to us, it might be nice to have these folks as a sort of back-up and support team.

Another supportive role would be spotters; people who poke around in the AH, seeing if a wish dragon, or a dragon close to a wish dragon, pops up, and letting either myself, whoever would be in charge of the nursery, or Succubuslust know, so we can capitalize on the opportunity to get a wish done. This is part of my own tasks as the project manager already, though with everything else, I haven't had that much time to actually do it lately. Rather than have a single project assistant, I was thinking, maybe it would be neat to expand this specific role for those who want to help with granting wishes, but do not want to be or cannot be a breeder.

A third idea was slightly inspired by @WarriorMaiden's post! What if we had a library of dragons we have been given permission to breed with? This library could be compiled using something like the Dream Dragon Calculator. How it would work is someone would maintain the list, adding and removing dragons we have permission to use, and then when a breeder has a new wish, they can make a copy of our library of dragons to their own Google docs, enter in the dream dragon in question, and see if there are any potential matches.

A few tail end things that needed mentioning! We have a few vacant spots among our lineup of officers!

Vice-President: I have currently taken on this hat, as no one else is wearing it, but I have left the slot blank, in case someone else would like to fill it. From what I understand, the role would entail helping the president with duties such as accepting new members, addressing questions, and help organize and improve the DWF to keep it running smoothly. And, of course, step in if needed if the president disappeared.

Project Assistant: Besides the trawling the AH looking for potential wish dragons, my role as the Project Manager mostly deals with private messages that I have received from wishers, and assigning wishes, which are tasks well within my means. If we were to expand the role of the Spotter, this role may be redundant. Thoughts on this?

Nursery: This isn't a role we have run into dire problems needing yet, but having someone with plenty of lair space and food (or maybe you're like my friend and don't feed your dragons? It wouldn't matter either way, since they aren't needed right away) would be helpful, especially if we started having Spotters, so that we can hold dragons for two reasons: A wish is completed, but the wisher appears MIA. We don't expect someone to hold a dragon eternally, rather we would want a lair that the dragon can stay in with a one-way delivery to the wisher until enough time has passed that we would normally have removed the wisher from the wishlist. (Currently, inactive wishers have a year to return since being put on the inactive wishlist.) The second reason would be to hold the dragons that the Spotters find, especially if they find dragons that can breed a wish dragon, but is not the wish dragon directly. These dragons would need a place to wait until someone can take on the specific project requiring them, then they can go to that breeder.

One last note, in the rules, it states we must display a banner on our lookup. However, I have no idea who is in charge of making the banners! What do we do?

I would also like to thank some new nesters for their generosity!
@ixris @Ultear @blaireau @Chasty @krisaylas and Succubuslust!

Sorry for so many pings, guys! I try to keep group pings limited only to larger posts such as this, so I'm not being a pest to people, and then I'll ping only those who have posted with further discussion if needed. I just don't like to make decisions alone!
@AetheriumAeon @AetherSeer @AmmieKatt @bluesnowwolff @Ganondorf @Hailey @MetalDawn71 @Nixifer @Pendragyn @PlushiePalooza @Polarstern @rainerain @Spooner @Succubuslust @SummerLark @tapixt @Viatrixa @wylde13 @Zebeyithra
l6nCFA8.png
@Ganondorf I could be one option for a nursery. I have a few open spots that I could use to hold dergs for MIA users.
@Ganondorf I could be one option for a nursery. I have a few open spots that I could use to hold dergs for MIA users.
@wolfe would you be interested in being a holder if you go missing for a while? No feeding needed just to hold a few hatches while they get juggled between me and you?
@wolfe would you be interested in being a holder if you go missing for a while? No feeding needed just to hold a few hatches while they get juggled between me and you?
tumblr_inline_nwu3otaP9J1t7d5o3_500.gif
@Ganondorf

I think having donors would be an excellent idea - it would make getting dream dragons a lot easier. Also the Spotter idea is a great one! If there were more than one, the dragon list could be split up so everyone's not looking for the same dragon? The dragon library is a really good idea as well, I'm just not sure how it would work?

I'm going to have a look at all my stuff later to see what I have that I can donate :) Is there any apparel that you're missing that you had in mind? I'd be happy to loan stuff, if I have it.
@Ganondorf

I think having donors would be an excellent idea - it would make getting dream dragons a lot easier. Also the Spotter idea is a great one! If there were more than one, the dragon list could be split up so everyone's not looking for the same dragon? The dragon library is a really good idea as well, I'm just not sure how it would work?

I'm going to have a look at all my stuff later to see what I have that I can donate :) Is there any apparel that you're missing that you had in mind? I'd be happy to loan stuff, if I have it.
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 966 967