Back

Find a Dragon

Search for the perfect dragon.
TOPIC | [LF] Gen 50 - The Ultimate Lineage
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
[b]UPDATE 8/2/2016[/b]: GENERATION 50 HAS BEEN REACHED by the ever wonderful Vorak! [b]UPDATE 4/26/2016[/b]: (Apologies for slacking on updating this lately! In the next few days I'll add everyone who's posted recently to the list at the bottom). Beaq's lineage is going strong at gen44! :U They've been kind enough to give me one of the gen44 hatchlings, so we will both continue onwards! Gen50 here we come! :D This is our mascot, Harminc, a gen30! He was bred from BrightIce's Gen29 dragon. [b]UPDATE 2/25/2016:[/b] Harminc's line is up to gen35! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18070762] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/180708/18070762_350.png[/img] [/url] [b][u]Introduction[/u]:[/b] Yes, I may sound crazy, but what I seek is not first generation dragons, but [i]fiftieth[/i] generation dragons. Dragons with super mega family trees. The lineages that just never stopped breeding. Originally I was going to say "Gen 100", but I realized that's not possible yet. Gen 50 might not even have happened yet, although could theoretically be possible, if I'm thinking this through correctly. So, there's 52 weeks in a year. The lowest cooldown is 15 days, or just over 2 weeks. So we can estimate around a maximum of 25 generations in a year, if boons were used. Now that FR has been around for about two and a half years, reaching 50 generations could have happened, even without boons. So, will anyone help me with my quest? It will be tedious, searching through offspring and ancestor lists over and over, but I am ready for this. I'll even give prizes to those who help! I'm thinking I'll start by searching the offspring lists of really old dragons. I'm also checking the dragons I have, and one of them is a gen 12 (at least as far as I have checked) of whom I also own the great great great great grandmother! One of their oldest ancestors is #41598, who is still on an active account! Has anyone else done something like this before? Even if no one helps, I'll probably post updates here about the longest lineages I find, in case anyone is interested. [center]------------------------------------------------------------ [b][u]UPDATE #1[/u]:[/b] I crunched some numbers, and it turns out (if no boons are used) that it's only possible to be at Gen44 right now! So, I I'll just take whatever highest one I can find in a few weeks of searching, and keep breeding the lineage myself. [b][u]UPDATE #2[/u]:[/b] As sQld pointed out, almost all [b]Imperial[/b] lineages go back to around June 2013 somewhere in their tree. But, since they also have a long cooldown, the number of dragons in their lineage won't be as many. Some mathy math revealed that Imps can be maximum [b]Gen25[/b] right now, if no boons were used. So we will have a special celebration for finding one of those! [b][u]UPDATE #3[/u]:[/b] Renessa47 has noticed a pattern that most long lineages cap out before reaching 20, and that many old dragons' lines die out in 2014, as many dragons were bred for lots of exalt fodder. So, we may not find any lines past gen25 unless they were purposely being bred to continue the lineage (see next update)! [b][u]UPDATE #4[/u]:[/b] BrightIce has a dragon that is part of a long and already well-known lineage! His offspring are [b]GEN30[/b]! Wow! [b][u]Next Milestone[/u]:[/b] Gen... 35?? Or, find another well-known long-lived lineage! It seems unlikely that anything nearing Gen30 or 40 would happen unless it was continuously bred on purpose. If you find a previously unknown lengthy lineage that surpasses 20, though, that would be neat! [b][u]Current Status[/u]:[/b] [s]Still checking some of my own hatchlings and younger dragons on the strictly paternal and strictly maternal sides, but mostly focusing on checking every branch of my Imperials, to seek a Gen25! Also started going through the lines descending from English, dragon #67.[/s] Uhm, currently haven't updated this thread in a WHILE. Harminc's line has been steadily continuing in the meantime though. [b][u]Longest lineage found[/u]:[/b] Me: Gen33 (this is a lineage being purposely bred by brain4puzzles, who also bred the Gen29 that BrightIce owns that our Gen30 ambassador is an offspring of) By MizuKuma: Gen9 By Zenelle: Gen11 By sQld: Gen13 By Miaow: Gen14 By Heras: Gen14 By Charoula: Gen16 By Smocksinabox: Gen16 By shawolexotic: Gen17 By Hariman: Gen18 By FliptheFrog: Gen18 By RuneWitch31137: Gen18 By Renessa47: Gen19 By Cynderbark: Gen19 By BrightIce: GEN30! [b]By Vorak: (breeder of the line) GEN42![/b] By beaq: (from Vorak's line) GEN44 (updated 4/26) By FightingFather: (from Vorak's line) GEN41 [b][u]Lowest ID# ancestor found[/u]:[/b] shawolexotic and myself both traced back dragons to the same ancestor, #67! Heras and shawolexotic both traced dragons back to the same ancestors, #76 and #77! luccamajere traced a dragon to ancestors #80 and #81! [/center]
UPDATE 8/2/2016: GENERATION 50 HAS BEEN REACHED by the ever wonderful Vorak!

UPDATE 4/26/2016: (Apologies for slacking on updating this lately! In the next few days I'll add everyone who's posted recently to the list at the bottom). Beaq's lineage is going strong at gen44! :U They've been kind enough to give me one of the gen44 hatchlings, so we will both continue onwards! Gen50 here we come! :D

This is our mascot, Harminc, a gen30! He was bred from BrightIce's Gen29 dragon.
UPDATE 2/25/2016: Harminc's line is up to gen35!

18070762_350.png

Introduction:

Yes, I may sound crazy, but what I seek is not first generation dragons, but fiftieth generation dragons. Dragons with super mega family trees. The lineages that just never stopped breeding.

Originally I was going to say "Gen 100", but I realized that's not possible yet. Gen 50 might not even have happened yet, although could theoretically be possible, if I'm thinking this through correctly. So, there's 52 weeks in a year. The lowest cooldown is 15 days, or just over 2 weeks. So we can estimate around a maximum of 25 generations in a year, if boons were used. Now that FR has been around for about two and a half years, reaching 50 generations could have happened, even without boons.

So, will anyone help me with my quest? It will be tedious, searching through offspring and ancestor lists over and over, but I am ready for this. I'll even give prizes to those who help!

I'm thinking I'll start by searching the offspring lists of really old dragons. I'm also checking the dragons I have, and one of them is a gen 12 (at least as far as I have checked) of whom I also own the great great great great grandmother! One of their oldest ancestors is #41598, who is still on an active account!

Has anyone else done something like this before? Even if no one helps, I'll probably post updates here about the longest lineages I find, in case anyone is interested.

UPDATE #1: I crunched some numbers, and it turns out (if no boons are used) that it's only possible to be at Gen44 right now! So, I I'll just take whatever highest one I can find in a few weeks of searching, and keep breeding the lineage myself.

UPDATE #2: As sQld pointed out, almost all Imperial lineages go back to around June 2013 somewhere in their tree. But, since they also have a long cooldown, the number of dragons in their lineage won't be as many. Some mathy math revealed that Imps can be maximum Gen25 right now, if no boons were used. So we will have a special celebration for finding one of those!

UPDATE #3: Renessa47 has noticed a pattern that most long lineages cap out before reaching 20, and that many old dragons' lines die out in 2014, as many dragons were bred for lots of exalt fodder. So, we may not find any lines past gen25 unless they were purposely being bred to continue the lineage (see next update)!

UPDATE #4: BrightIce has a dragon that is part of a long and already well-known lineage! His offspring are GEN30! Wow!

Next Milestone: Gen... 35?? Or, find another well-known long-lived lineage! It seems unlikely that anything nearing Gen30 or 40 would happen unless it was continuously bred on purpose. If you find a previously unknown lengthy lineage that surpasses 20, though, that would be neat!

Current Status:
Still checking some of my own hatchlings and younger dragons on the strictly paternal and strictly maternal sides, but mostly focusing on checking every branch of my Imperials, to seek a Gen25! Also started going through the lines descending from English, dragon #67.
Uhm, currently haven't updated this thread in a WHILE. Harminc's line has been steadily continuing in the meantime though.

Longest lineage found:
Me: Gen33 (this is a lineage being purposely bred by brain4puzzles, who also bred the Gen29 that BrightIce owns that our Gen30 ambassador is an offspring of)

By MizuKuma: Gen9
By Zenelle: Gen11
By sQld: Gen13
By Miaow: Gen14
By Heras: Gen14
By Charoula: Gen16
By Smocksinabox: Gen16
By shawolexotic: Gen17
By Hariman: Gen18
By FliptheFrog: Gen18
By RuneWitch31137: Gen18
By Renessa47: Gen19
By Cynderbark: Gen19
By BrightIce: GEN30!
By Vorak: (breeder of the line) GEN42!
By beaq: (from Vorak's line) GEN44 (updated 4/26)
By FightingFather: (from Vorak's line) GEN41

Lowest ID# ancestor found:
shawolexotic and myself both traced back dragons to the same ancestor, #67!
Heras and shawolexotic both traced dragons back to the same ancestors, #76 and #77!
luccamajere traced a dragon to ancestors #80 and #81!
bQiQUFQ.png
@Thoracosaurus I'll check the dragons in my lair
@Thoracosaurus I'll check the dragons in my lair
26979.gifHQxWOvF.gifceIYuqO.pngPicsart_23-11-11_11-50-01-265.png47O9KMz.pngx4vXz.gifIOEPL.gif
@Thoracosaurus
:O This is a massive undertaking and I would be interested to know if you find a dragon that's 50th Gen....

Also, would it have to be Gen 50 on both mom and dad's side?
@Thoracosaurus
:O This is a massive undertaking and I would be interested to know if you find a dragon that's 50th Gen....

Also, would it have to be Gen 50 on both mom and dad's side?
BxKG0Wm.pngCWeAHQD.png0JXAHR0.png
@Thoracosaurus It will probably be painful to find. One of my dragons can be tracked to a 3-digit ancestor, but he is only the 8th generation. Another one is tracked to 16 generations to a 5-digit.
@Thoracosaurus It will probably be painful to find. One of my dragons can be tracked to a 3-digit ancestor, but he is only the 8th generation. Another one is tracked to 16 generations to a 5-digit.
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
Oooh, I will bookmark this and poke around once in a while. xD Good luck!
Oooh, I will bookmark this and poke around once in a while. xD Good luck!
tumblr_nxdfpaik0p1ukywbko5_100.png Please pardon any typos/spelling mistakes.
I may have a cat on my arm.
@PeridotsFoot Thanks! It's taking me a while just to check one dragon (so far got back to gen14) so don't worry if you don't feel like spending that much time on it ^^'

@MizuKuma Since people usually consider the oldest generation to be the "dominant" one when talking about Gen1s, 2s, and 3s, (ex: a dragon has a gen1 father but a gen2 mother, so it's a gen3) I figured that as long as one lineage snakes all the way up to fifty, that should be fine. After all, once you're past four or five generations, the number of great(x) grandparents a dragon has is quite a lot o_o I wouldn't expect them all to have to be in a 50gen chain.

@PeridotsFoot Thanks! It's taking me a while just to check one dragon (so far got back to gen14) so don't worry if you don't feel like spending that much time on it ^^'

@MizuKuma Since people usually consider the oldest generation to be the "dominant" one when talking about Gen1s, 2s, and 3s, (ex: a dragon has a gen1 father but a gen2 mother, so it's a gen3) I figured that as long as one lineage snakes all the way up to fifty, that should be fine. After all, once you're past four or five generations, the number of great(x) grandparents a dragon has is quite a lot o_o I wouldn't expect them all to have to be in a 50gen chain.

bQiQUFQ.png
@Thoracosaurus

I was gonna say that would be a lot to check! One of my dragons only made it to 9 in his paternal lineage.... I stopped looking after 3 dragons! xD

I will keep looking, but also ping me if you happen to find this mythical dragon! I should be interested to see what it looks like.
@Thoracosaurus

I was gonna say that would be a lot to check! One of my dragons only made it to 9 in his paternal lineage.... I stopped looking after 3 dragons! xD

I will keep looking, but also ping me if you happen to find this mythical dragon! I should be interested to see what it looks like.
BxKG0Wm.pngCWeAHQD.png0JXAHR0.png
@Charoula

XD Yeah, I'm expecting this to be quite the undertaking... -_- and I'll probably give up at some point. We'll see. Wow, a three digit ancestor! I'm currently checking Vanderkluysen, and the oldest ancestor I found so far is #2906, which puts him at gen11, and there's also #6196, which puts him at gen14. We'll see if it goes any farther through another line!

@Filbert

Haha, thanks ;P I'll give you a ping if I ever manage to find the elusive Gen50!
@Charoula

XD Yeah, I'm expecting this to be quite the undertaking... -_- and I'll probably give up at some point. We'll see. Wow, a three digit ancestor! I'm currently checking Vanderkluysen, and the oldest ancestor I found so far is #2906, which puts him at gen11, and there's also #6196, which puts him at gen14. We'll see if it goes any farther through another line!

@Filbert

Haha, thanks ;P I'll give you a ping if I ever manage to find the elusive Gen50!
bQiQUFQ.png
@Thoracosaurus Oh gosh you've got me looking through all my dragons! I came across a gen14 so far, I'll keep going!
@Miaow for reference :)
@Thoracosaurus Oh gosh you've got me looking through all my dragons! I came across a gen14 so far, I'll keep going!
@Miaow for reference :)
@Thoracosaurus Yep, and the ancestor is still active too! It's this guy and his little siblings: #17958085 and the ancestor is #297 (just not sure if the owner wants me to share their dragon around, lol, so no pictures.)

My, most probably, obvious advice is to go for hatchlings or really young dragons. If you or anybody starts searching an 1 year old dragon, it seems like a lost game.

Edit: Good idea, 60 day ping XD @Charoula
@Thoracosaurus Yep, and the ancestor is still active too! It's this guy and his little siblings: #17958085 and the ancestor is #297 (just not sure if the owner wants me to share their dragon around, lol, so no pictures.)

My, most probably, obvious advice is to go for hatchlings or really young dragons. If you or anybody starts searching an 1 year old dragon, it seems like a lost game.

Edit: Good idea, 60 day ping XD @Charoula
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16