Back

Dragon Trading

Arrange Crossroads exchanges with other players.
TOPIC | Dragon Tales Exchange!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 61 62
I'm fond of the idea behind dragon swap threads, but they've all been lacking something I really love: storytelling! And that will be half the fun, for this swap thread. So here's what I'm proposing: we gift each other dragons with pre-written histories. Or letters! Anything you wish, from an observation report about the dragon you're gifting to a letter from the dragon to its brand new owner. For example, here's a dragon I've gifted, before! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4769477] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/47695/4769477_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote]Hello! My name is Stormfly, and I'm cute but I'm also a big dingus. Sorry about that. I promise to try not to act to clumsy in your lair; I just have a bad habit of tripping on my own tail. I swear, it has a mind of its own! Or maybe I should fly more... Actually, flying is kind of not my thing, you know? I have these wings, yeah, but I mostly use them to spook off predators. It's hard, being little. It's hard, and other Faes understand. But, uh, if it's okay, do you think any other dragons in your lair would be okay with having a neckwarmer? That's me, by the way. I do like to piggyback. Or piggyneck, in this case. Well, if it's not an Imperial, you know how big they are, hah. Um, yeah. Sorry, I'm a little awkward, too. └(=^‥^=)┐ But I promise I'll warm up to you once I'm here long enough![/quote] [b]RULES: -The dragons gifted in this thread must have their Information filled out [i]prior[/i] to gifting. -When gifting a dragon[i] to the person above you[/i], ping them. (Type their username immediately after the @ symbol; e.g., @mahwaha. Post a dragon to this thread to send to the user above your post (via Crossroads), then you get to keep the dragon the poster after you posts! -When gifting a dragon, include a picture of the dragon you're sending. Just copy-paste their BBCode under "Generate Code" on the dragon's page, which can be found beneath their energy bar. -When gifting a dragon, also include what you wrote for them in your post! If it's an enormous amount of text, feel free to use an excerpt, but please do include some of it! This is, after all, an exchange for dragons [i]and[/i] tales. -You do not have to name a dragon prior to gifting, but it makes the exchange more personal. -Gift dragons that you are comfortable giving away! This is a given. -Do try not to exalt your dragon! Please regift it before you consider sending it to the deities. -If you are regifting a dragon, add on to its story! Post your addendum, too. -When commenting on this thread without participating in giving/receiving a dragon, put your text in brackets or parenthesis (e.g., just like this!).[/b] And as a rule of thumb, be polite and have fun! And try to gift dragons that you'd be happy to see hopping into your Crossroads. Be that cool Secret Santa, even though there is nothing secret or Santa about this exchange. I hope there are some writers out there who will enjoy this exchange as much as I hope to! @Brilliantsky has a [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=drt&id=1274635&page=1]thread up[/url] for buying, selling, and trading dragons with bios, as well!
I'm fond of the idea behind dragon swap threads, but they've all been lacking something I really love: storytelling! And that will be half the fun, for this swap thread.

So here's what I'm proposing: we gift each other dragons with pre-written histories. Or letters! Anything you wish, from an observation report about the dragon you're gifting to a letter from the dragon to its brand new owner. For example, here's a dragon I've gifted, before!
Quote:
Hello! My name is Stormfly, and I'm cute but I'm also a big dingus. Sorry about that. I promise to try not to act to clumsy in your lair; I just have a bad habit of tripping on my own tail. I swear, it has a mind of its own! Or maybe I should fly more...

Actually, flying is kind of not my thing, you know? I have these wings, yeah, but I mostly use them to spook off predators. It's hard, being little. It's hard, and other Faes understand. But, uh, if it's okay, do you think any other dragons in your lair would be okay with having a neckwarmer? That's me, by the way. I do like to piggyback. Or piggyneck, in this case. Well, if it's not an Imperial, you know how big they are, hah. Um, yeah.

Sorry, I'm a little awkward, too. └(=^‥^=)┐ But I promise I'll warm up to you once I'm here long enough!

RULES:

-The dragons gifted in this thread must have their Information filled out prior to gifting.

-When gifting a dragon to the person above you, ping them. (Type their username immediately after the @ symbol; e.g., @mahwaha. Post a dragon to this thread to send to the user above your post (via Crossroads), then you get to keep the dragon the poster after you posts!

-When gifting a dragon, include a picture of the dragon you're sending. Just copy-paste their BBCode under "Generate Code" on the dragon's page, which can be found beneath their energy bar.

-When gifting a dragon, also include what you wrote for them in your post! If it's an enormous amount of text, feel free to use an excerpt, but please do include some of it! This is, after all, an exchange for dragons and tales.

-You do not have to name a dragon prior to gifting, but it makes the exchange more personal.

-Gift dragons that you are comfortable giving away! This is a given.

-Do try not to exalt your dragon! Please regift it before you consider sending it to the deities.

-If you are regifting a dragon, add on to its story! Post your addendum, too.

-When commenting on this thread without participating in giving/receiving a dragon, put your text in brackets or parenthesis (e.g., just like this!).

And as a rule of thumb, be polite and have fun! And try to gift dragons that you'd be happy to see hopping into your Crossroads. Be that cool Secret Santa, even though there is nothing secret or Santa about this exchange.

I hope there are some writers out there who will enjoy this exchange as much as I hope to!

@Brilliantsky has a thread up for buying, selling, and trading dragons with bios, as well!
H6mGtKO.gif
(Bump!)
(Bump!)
H6mGtKO.gif
@Mahwaha [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3693271] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/36933/3693271_350.png[/img] [/url] Syleve is a very fashionable lady. She also likes to party so hard that she wakes up unsure of what happened the night before or why she's wearing a birdskull mask. She's pretty sure that it was a good night, though, even though she's still shaking feathers out of her wings. She's quite young and carefree, despite the attempts of the Skydancers to cultivate her into being a little more well-mannered. She's the dragon most likely to blast you with a cannon loaded with rose petals and then insist that style is everything as she toasts you with a glass of fizzy shalebuck blood.
@Mahwaha

3693271_350.png

Syleve is a very fashionable lady. She also likes to party so hard that she wakes up unsure of what happened the night before or why she's wearing a birdskull mask.

She's pretty sure that it was a good night, though, even though she's still shaking feathers out of her wings.

She's quite young and carefree, despite the attempts of the Skydancers to cultivate her into being a little more well-mannered. She's the dragon most likely to blast you with a cannon loaded with rose petals and then insist that style is everything as she toasts you with a glass of fizzy shalebuck blood.
R2vew6b.pngoa6fLwe.png
(@Arkonsel Thank you! She's lovely, and I'm sure she'll bring a whirlwind of fun to the lair. She might have some style choices to critique while she's here, too. q: )
(@Arkonsel Thank you! She's lovely, and I'm sure she'll bring a whirlwind of fun to the lair. She might have some style choices to critique while she's here, too. q: )
H6mGtKO.gif
@Arkonsel [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3571555] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/35716/3571555_350.png[/img] [/url] [quote]Catcher is a quiet and stoic female, she prefers to speak with her actions. She is very stubborn though, very few dragons can change her mind or stop her from doing something. Catcher isn't very social and prefers to watch from the sidelines, but every so often she'll make conversation, as long as you haven't previously annoyed her or shown yourself to be dull. Though she's not been to the Coliseum the Skydancer enjoys a good fight and won't shy away from a challenge. Though she can seem intimidating (much to her pleasure) she's actually quite polite. Wether she'll admit it or not there is a caring, nurturing dragon under all those brooding feathers, it just takes some coaxing. Once she has made a close friend the bond is for life and they'll see a kind side to her that no one would ever expect.[/quote]
@Arkonsel

3571555_350.png

Quote:
Catcher is a quiet and stoic female, she prefers to speak with her actions. She is very stubborn though, very few dragons can change her mind or stop her from doing something. Catcher isn't very social and prefers to watch from the sidelines, but every so often she'll make conversation, as long as you haven't previously annoyed her or shown yourself to be dull. Though she's not been to the Coliseum the Skydancer enjoys a good fight and won't shy away from a challenge. Though she can seem intimidating (much to her pleasure) she's actually quite polite.

Wether she'll admit it or not there is a caring, nurturing dragon under all those brooding feathers, it just takes some coaxing. Once she has made a close friend the bond is for life and they'll see a kind side to her that no one would ever expect.
Pokémon SuMo FC: 1177-8211-7504 (just pm me if you add me so I can add you back! :D)
@ObsidianPunk [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3669017] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/36691/3669017_350.png[/img] [/url] Only one month old, and not the largest Coatl around, Chips has some weird connection with the weather. He can tell if it's going to rain if his wings start to ache. He does not like to fly in the rain as he says it "makes his wings go iffy". When the sun will shine, his mane becomes very fluffy. Oddly enough, he is quite happy to fly in storms and hurricanes. He is happy-go lucky but can be quite afraid to stand up for himself. He is very self-consious about his wings, as, in a previous lair, the other dragons made fun of him. He secretly likes his wings, but is afraid to show it. His dream is to someday have a female that can love him who he is. (and he would like something to adorn his wings with, but he has no idea what.)
@ObsidianPunk

3669017_350.png

Only one month old, and not the largest Coatl around, Chips has some weird connection with the weather. He can tell if it's going to rain if his wings start to ache. He does not like to fly in the rain as he says it "makes his wings go iffy". When the sun will shine, his mane becomes very fluffy. Oddly enough, he is quite happy to fly in storms and hurricanes.
He is happy-go lucky but can be quite afraid to stand up for himself. He is very self-consious about his wings, as, in a previous lair, the other dragons made fun of him. He secretly likes his wings, but is afraid to show it. His dream is to someday have a female that can love him who he is. (and he would like something to adorn his wings with, but he has no idea what.)
They can take our lives, but they can't take our trousers!
(@ObsidianPunk Thanks for the gorgeous Skydancer! I love her story. My clan is so full of hyperactive spirals that it needs someone calmer to balance it out. XD)
(@ObsidianPunk Thanks for the gorgeous Skydancer! I love her story. My clan is so full of hyperactive spirals that it needs someone calmer to balance it out. XD)
R2vew6b.pngoa6fLwe.png
(@Quinlyn What a little cutie~ He'll get some pretty wing adornments soon ^^ )
(@Quinlyn What a little cutie~ He'll get some pretty wing adornments soon ^^ )
Pokémon SuMo FC: 1177-8211-7504 (just pm me if you add me so I can add you back! :D)
(@ObsidianPunk Thank you for taking care of him. He just somehow didn't fit in with me. And that flowerfall is adorable!)
(@ObsidianPunk Thank you for taking care of him. He just somehow didn't fit in with me. And that flowerfall is adorable!)
They can take our lives, but they can't take our trousers!
@Quinlyn [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4873658] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/48737/4873658_350.png[/img] [/url] [quote]Katta is a tiny, fluffy little creature. And she is full of rage. Against all tundra stereotypes, she loves to fight, and battles with tooth and claw instead of magic (magic is for weaklings and cowards). She has aspirations of being a coliseum fighter, or at the very least, a guard or clan fighter. Whenever she tells this to other dragons, they usually start laughing. [i]They don't stay laughing for long.[/i] Katta is very stubborn, and opinionated, and gets into heated arguments a lot. More often than not, they turn into scuffles and fights. She seems to be unaware of her small stature, picking fights even with imperials or ridgebacks, and while those bigger dragons usually laugh her off as something that could never be a possible threat, they end up regretting it most of the time. This happens often - dragons underestimating her - and it is actually rather to her advantage, as she is able to take even the fiercest fighters by surprise with her ferocity and surprising agility. She is a good asset to a clan, and will protect her friends and loved ones to the death, though she does has a tendency to argue and stir up trouble wherever she goes.[/quote] gosh, i love this idea so much omg! and i definitely need more dragons with stories and strong personalities in my lair ;__;
@Quinlyn

4873658_350.png
Quote:
Katta is a tiny, fluffy little creature. And she is full of rage.
Against all tundra stereotypes, she loves to fight, and battles with tooth and claw instead of magic (magic is for weaklings and cowards).
She has aspirations of being a coliseum fighter, or at the very least, a guard or clan fighter. Whenever she tells this to other dragons, they usually start laughing.

They don't stay laughing for long.

Katta is very stubborn, and opinionated, and gets into heated arguments a lot. More often than not, they turn into scuffles and fights. She seems to be unaware of her small stature, picking fights even with imperials or ridgebacks, and while those bigger dragons usually laugh her off as something that could never be a possible threat, they end up regretting it most of the time.

This happens often - dragons underestimating her - and it is actually rather to her advantage, as she is able to take even the fiercest fighters by surprise with her ferocity and surprising agility. She is a good asset to a clan, and will protect her friends and loved ones to the death, though she does has a tendency to argue and stir up trouble wherever she goes.

gosh, i love this idea so much omg! and i definitely need more dragons with stories and strong personalities in my lair ;__;
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 61 62