Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Tavern For Travelers!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20
(wow this turned long. they have long convos. dear christ.)

In the coatl's hand were the given chopsticks, yet they were posed in an almost threatening manner whilst they hovered over their meal. Their chopsticks poised to strike made the pathetic imitation of cannons on a wall that tried to obscure their precious meal. "It can't be hisss either!" Sisyphus exclaims in reference to the fact that it's their combined meal of both orders. "It's sea-related -- not meat. None at all!

The brief elaboration of how the olive sea snake was included inside the shell made Sisyphus unintentionally hiss irritably before he caught himself. William looked equally irked, but chose to deal with it instead.

"What stupid excuses. It's the owner of the restaurant, Sisyphus. Much like how governments' words are law -- the chef who created the meal, and says as much is true." The mentioned coatl simply growls in return, refusing to admit to William's valid point.

William picks up their own pair of chopsticks, but they wasn't bothered to play around their partner's games; instead, they purposely strike at Sisyphus's defensively posed chopsticks to allow access to the shell-protected meal. Unfortunately, with the millions of tapping and whatnot they could do to the shell, it would not open.

Sisyphus cackles. "You sssee? It doesss not choossse to ressspond to you! I, a being of the sssea, have the power to manipulate thisss... oyssster!"

"Idiot. Not everything with fins and pearls doesn't have to rely on open-mouthed bird-fish like you. It's a meal for both of us, not you -- you're not its satellite." Sisyphus mockingly mouthed William's words.

"Mhm, braniac. Ssso if I don't possess the knowledge of an omnissscient being sssuch as you, then you sssolve it,"
his words simply oozed of sarcasm and mockery.

"Flattering. It's made clear that we can't peck it open at all, but there are small gaps on the sturdy exterior. We could exploit it--"

"Fool," Sisyphus interrupts rudely. "Hot sssteam isss filtering out of there -- you expect usss to exploit that boiling thing with what? A ssstick? That'sss unsssanitary; our food isss in there, you daft grandpa!"

"Look who's smart now. We don't have to poke something inside the gaps, at least not necessarily, anyway. We could could just... gnaw at the edges, perhaps until it chips away."

"It'sss burning hot, William. What don't you underssstand about unsssafe temperaturesss?"

"Oh, you're so tiring. Why don't you just drink that damned soup, then? I'm so sure an aquatic being like you can manipulate the temperature to something more tolerable," they knew it was a lie. Sisyphus actually seemed to take the unintentional bait though.

"You're... providing an actual point here. That'sss new," was all they said before immediately (and aggressively) sipping through the inners of the gaps on the sides of the oyster. As expected, their tongue was singed with burns and mild wounds, but the deed of drinking the broth within was done.

"Mh thwonh hurs." (My tongue hurts.)

"Idiot." William says, before the oyster shell suddenly let loose of its holds. Nothing was as glorious as the prepared meal before them. The meats and fishes that were layered onto the noodles glistened with the remains of the soup, and a little amount made a small pool at the bottom. The wildclaw glanced at Sisyphus for a moment before chowing down on the noodles.

Sisyphus just glared, unwilling to let the wait for his food be put to waste as he regained control of his chopsticks and followed suit into the devouring of food.

In the end, the coatl had won the 'contest' of eating more/finishing first, despite William's headstart. "Y'know, we actually did sssolve the problem! We'll just force each other to do thingsss out of exasssperation and desssperation. Thanksss, dearessst owner!"

"Yes. And it goes to show, that you have a gigantic stomach. He's all right, by the way," at this point, they were addressing Voski, "he's handled worse."
(wow this turned long. they have long convos. dear christ.)

In the coatl's hand were the given chopsticks, yet they were posed in an almost threatening manner whilst they hovered over their meal. Their chopsticks poised to strike made the pathetic imitation of cannons on a wall that tried to obscure their precious meal. "It can't be hisss either!" Sisyphus exclaims in reference to the fact that it's their combined meal of both orders. "It's sea-related -- not meat. None at all!

The brief elaboration of how the olive sea snake was included inside the shell made Sisyphus unintentionally hiss irritably before he caught himself. William looked equally irked, but chose to deal with it instead.

"What stupid excuses. It's the owner of the restaurant, Sisyphus. Much like how governments' words are law -- the chef who created the meal, and says as much is true." The mentioned coatl simply growls in return, refusing to admit to William's valid point.

William picks up their own pair of chopsticks, but they wasn't bothered to play around their partner's games; instead, they purposely strike at Sisyphus's defensively posed chopsticks to allow access to the shell-protected meal. Unfortunately, with the millions of tapping and whatnot they could do to the shell, it would not open.

Sisyphus cackles. "You sssee? It doesss not choossse to ressspond to you! I, a being of the sssea, have the power to manipulate thisss... oyssster!"

"Idiot. Not everything with fins and pearls doesn't have to rely on open-mouthed bird-fish like you. It's a meal for both of us, not you -- you're not its satellite." Sisyphus mockingly mouthed William's words.

"Mhm, braniac. Ssso if I don't possess the knowledge of an omnissscient being sssuch as you, then you sssolve it,"
his words simply oozed of sarcasm and mockery.

"Flattering. It's made clear that we can't peck it open at all, but there are small gaps on the sturdy exterior. We could exploit it--"

"Fool," Sisyphus interrupts rudely. "Hot sssteam isss filtering out of there -- you expect usss to exploit that boiling thing with what? A ssstick? That'sss unsssanitary; our food isss in there, you daft grandpa!"

"Look who's smart now. We don't have to poke something inside the gaps, at least not necessarily, anyway. We could could just... gnaw at the edges, perhaps until it chips away."

"It'sss burning hot, William. What don't you underssstand about unsssafe temperaturesss?"

"Oh, you're so tiring. Why don't you just drink that damned soup, then? I'm so sure an aquatic being like you can manipulate the temperature to something more tolerable," they knew it was a lie. Sisyphus actually seemed to take the unintentional bait though.

"You're... providing an actual point here. That'sss new," was all they said before immediately (and aggressively) sipping through the inners of the gaps on the sides of the oyster. As expected, their tongue was singed with burns and mild wounds, but the deed of drinking the broth within was done.

"Mh thwonh hurs." (My tongue hurts.)

"Idiot." William says, before the oyster shell suddenly let loose of its holds. Nothing was as glorious as the prepared meal before them. The meats and fishes that were layered onto the noodles glistened with the remains of the soup, and a little amount made a small pool at the bottom. The wildclaw glanced at Sisyphus for a moment before chowing down on the noodles.

Sisyphus just glared, unwilling to let the wait for his food be put to waste as he regained control of his chopsticks and followed suit into the devouring of food.

In the end, the coatl had won the 'contest' of eating more/finishing first, despite William's headstart. "Y'know, we actually did sssolve the problem! We'll just force each other to do thingsss out of exasssperation and desssperation. Thanksss, dearessst owner!"

"Yes. And it goes to show, that you have a gigantic stomach. He's all right, by the way," at this point, they were addressing Voski, "he's handled worse."
21402.png x [ alastrcs. ]

fish around find trout
any pronouns! pts for creativity
fr+15 timezone
@SylphOfHeart

The sparkle in Voski's eyes could be noticeable from miles away, he looked at the clock and shook his head with a gleaming smile "No need to be sorry, please come again sometime! Maybe I can serve soup to your whole crew" the tavernkeep chuckles, waving off to Jill "Have safe travels on the water Captain"
@SylphOfHeart

The sparkle in Voski's eyes could be noticeable from miles away, he looked at the clock and shook his head with a gleaming smile "No need to be sorry, please come again sometime! Maybe I can serve soup to your whole crew" the tavernkeep chuckles, waving off to Jill "Have safe travels on the water Captain"
kZjIfse.gif
@cornleaf [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/526633/52663268p.png[/img][/center] She handed Voski a generous tip with a laugh. "I'd think they would like that. May your customer's pockets be generous." With that she turned to leave, heading back on her journey. "Farewell tavernkeep."
@cornleaf
52663268p.png
She handed Voski a generous tip with a laugh. "I'd think they would like that. May your customer's pockets be generous."
With that she turned to leave, heading back on her journey. "Farewell tavernkeep."
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30038384][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/300384/30038384p.png[/img][/url][/center]"lace lantana! i've heard that their fruits have been especially fragrant this year." piccolo took a grateful sip, sighing loudly before clearing their throat. "well, y'see, it wasn't my... uh... intention to end up here," they admitted sheepishly. "i've family and friends all over sornieth, so i travel constantly! at least, that's the quick answer. the real answer involves my unstable molecular structure, an encounter with a particularly malicious nocturne, and some kind of rodent." the fae readjusted the flowers adorning their head before folding their claws together. "basically, i could explode at any given moment, blah blah blah, i pose a serious danger to my clanmates in periods of high stress, blah blah, i spent seven years in my youth trying to find a remedy, and eventually learned how to control it- it's all very boring, really. anyways, i have a darling little goddaughter over in the starfall isles, and it was her hatching anniversary this past week! obviously i had to be there! the issue with arcane territory is that is messes up whatever is going on in here-" they gestured at their body "way more than i'd like. and so, i blacked out midway through the festivities and woke up nearby, tangled up high in a tree" they finished with a grimace.
30038384p.png
"lace lantana! i've heard that their fruits have been especially fragrant this year." piccolo took a grateful sip, sighing loudly before clearing their throat.
"well, y'see, it wasn't my... uh... intention to end up here," they admitted sheepishly. "i've family and friends all over sornieth, so i travel constantly! at least, that's the quick answer. the real answer involves my unstable molecular structure, an encounter with a particularly malicious nocturne, and some kind of rodent." the fae readjusted the flowers adorning their head before folding their claws together.
"basically, i could explode at any given moment, blah blah blah, i pose a serious danger to my clanmates in periods of high stress, blah blah, i spent seven years in my youth trying to find a remedy, and eventually learned how to control it- it's all very boring, really. anyways, i have a darling little goddaughter over in the starfall isles, and it was her hatching anniversary this past week! obviously i had to be there! the issue with arcane territory is that is messes up whatever is going on in here-" they gestured at their body "way more than i'd like. and so, i blacked out midway through the festivities and woke up nearby, tangled up high in a tree" they finished with a grimace.
tumblr_og90efWc6W1vzfkcno1_75sq.gif
@Arxixad (( I swear to god I posted my reply for your amazing dragons, I remember typing it but I don't see it??? I'm so sorry for my error! I'm glad I looked back on messages and noticed!

Voski had his hands full in the kitchen, not noticing the new guests who have entered the tavern, Fowl on the other hand, definitely noticed. The goofy familiar decided to steal the spotlight, flapping their petals to get up on the counter and waddled over. You can see the little duckling is trying to playfully mock the Tavern-keep, quacking in the same tone, mimicking hand motions and even pretending to have a notepad.

The tavern-keep came out from the back, wiping his claws on his apron before noticing the little show his familiar was putting on. Raising an eyebrow, he comes up behind the familiar to scold, crossing his arms over his chest. Fowl cluelessly doesn't notice, till Voski clears his throat, causing Fowl to quack from being spooked and waddled away quickly.

Voski sighs, "Pardon my Fowl, I'm sorry I wasn't out sooner"
@Arxixad (( I swear to god I posted my reply for your amazing dragons, I remember typing it but I don't see it??? I'm so sorry for my error! I'm glad I looked back on messages and noticed!

Voski had his hands full in the kitchen, not noticing the new guests who have entered the tavern, Fowl on the other hand, definitely noticed. The goofy familiar decided to steal the spotlight, flapping their petals to get up on the counter and waddled over. You can see the little duckling is trying to playfully mock the Tavern-keep, quacking in the same tone, mimicking hand motions and even pretending to have a notepad.

The tavern-keep came out from the back, wiping his claws on his apron before noticing the little show his familiar was putting on. Raising an eyebrow, he comes up behind the familiar to scold, crossing his arms over his chest. Fowl cluelessly doesn't notice, till Voski clears his throat, causing Fowl to quack from being spooked and waddled away quickly.

Voski sighs, "Pardon my Fowl, I'm sorry I wasn't out sooner"
kZjIfse.gif
@LuckOfTheClaws "Seafood is my specialty. Please make this tavern like home, I'll bring out your meal soon." Voski kindly smiles to Tempest before heading to the kitchen. The only fish Voski has from that specific region, is the [i]Molten Goby[/i], so he made sure that was the main flavor for the dish. He began to sautee and simmer [i]Hallowed Ivy[/i] leaves, [i]Speckled Fire Lily[/i], and chopped [i]Turnip[/i] till they all turned to a slightly charred, golden color. He cuts the meat of the Goby into bite sizes, adding them to the pan, along with a small handful of [i]Jumbo Shrimp[/i], and the boiled ramen noodles prepped before hand. The delectable scent from the noodle stir-fry filled the tavern, Voski came out with a wide wooden plate with the dish resting on top of it, placing it in front of his guest. "Eat well my traveler" [item=molten goby][item=hallowed ivy][item=speckled fire lily][item=turnip][item=jumbo shrimp]
@LuckOfTheClaws

"Seafood is my specialty. Please make this tavern like home, I'll bring out your meal soon." Voski kindly smiles to Tempest before heading to the kitchen.

The only fish Voski has from that specific region, is the Molten Goby, so he made sure that was the main flavor for the dish. He began to sautee and simmer Hallowed Ivy leaves, Speckled Fire Lily, and chopped Turnip till they all turned to a slightly charred, golden color. He cuts the meat of the Goby into bite sizes, adding them to the pan, along with a small handful of Jumbo Shrimp, and the boiled ramen noodles prepped before hand.

The delectable scent from the noodle stir-fry filled the tavern, Voski came out with a wide wooden plate with the dish resting on top of it, placing it in front of his guest. "Eat well my traveler"

Molten Goby Hallowed Ivy Speckled Fire Lily Turnip Jumbo Shrimp
kZjIfse.gif
@MettatonsLegs (( I just now noticed your username and i love it nroshfio ;;

A dragon's first impression is the clothing on their backs, in Voski's opinion, it's actually body language, but he does admire the enticing clothes his new guests are wearing. One seemed more jolly as the other... Well, he doesn't know.

Voski nodded his head writing in his notepad, "In this tavern, it's more dependent on the liking of the customers. If you want, you can give me a weird ingredient, and I'll make it into a dish." The tavern-keep offers wanting to make an interesting game with his guests, while also trying to personally challenge himself.

"Have you two been traveling the woods for long?"
@MettatonsLegs (( I just now noticed your username and i love it nroshfio ;;

A dragon's first impression is the clothing on their backs, in Voski's opinion, it's actually body language, but he does admire the enticing clothes his new guests are wearing. One seemed more jolly as the other... Well, he doesn't know.

Voski nodded his head writing in his notepad, "In this tavern, it's more dependent on the liking of the customers. If you want, you can give me a weird ingredient, and I'll make it into a dish." The tavern-keep offers wanting to make an interesting game with his guests, while also trying to personally challenge himself.

"Have you two been traveling the woods for long?"
kZjIfse.gif
@Daijobanai (( hfeofhdis these dragons are an amazing pair

Voski was actually pretty entertained by the dragon's bickering and problem solving, he couldn't help but to chuckle just a bit. Drinking the broth is one way to open it, he'll keep another way to himself. The skydancer took the empty shell throwing it to the dishes, and wiped the counter clean from the mess they have left.

"As long as you both try together, a solution will come. Of course, the answer is delicious." Voski mentions with a handsome smile. "You two are a fascinating pair, no matter how much you fight, you both are still as close as siblings at the end of the day."
@Daijobanai (( hfeofhdis these dragons are an amazing pair

Voski was actually pretty entertained by the dragon's bickering and problem solving, he couldn't help but to chuckle just a bit. Drinking the broth is one way to open it, he'll keep another way to himself. The skydancer took the empty shell throwing it to the dishes, and wiped the counter clean from the mess they have left.

"As long as you both try together, a solution will come. Of course, the answer is delicious." Voski mentions with a handsome smile. "You two are a fascinating pair, no matter how much you fight, you both are still as close as siblings at the end of the day."
kZjIfse.gif
@Wistral

By the word explode coming into conversation, Fowl quacks in a panic and hides under a stool. Hiding behind their petal wings.

"I'll take note not to make a dish with something from the arcane. My, I'm glad you are safe." Voski says out of relief after hearing the Fae's story. Leaning against the counter slightly as he listened, very interested in his guest. "Have you ever seen that Nocturne again? Was it a sort of revenge or just a cruel prank?"
@Wistral

By the word explode coming into conversation, Fowl quacks in a panic and hides under a stool. Hiding behind their petal wings.

"I'll take note not to make a dish with something from the arcane. My, I'm glad you are safe." Voski says out of relief after hearing the Fae's story. Leaning against the counter slightly as he listened, very interested in his guest. "Have you ever seen that Nocturne again? Was it a sort of revenge or just a cruel prank?"
kZjIfse.gif
@Cornleaf [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49739974] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/497400/49739974_350.png[/img] [/url] Casandra wandered into the little tavern. How had she missed this before? She looked around, figuring out that this was probably a "wait to be seated" mindset until she saw the sky dancer, who looked like he ran the little place, then realized that his lily fowl was staring at her. she seated herself and waited for the sky dancer to finish his task. "Quite a hidden gem" she commented, looking at all the tapestries, pelts, and trinkets. Hanging all over the tavern. She was starting to like this place. "Emma and Henry told me about this place."
@Cornleaf

49739974_350.png

Casandra wandered into the little tavern. How had she missed this before? She looked around, figuring out that this was probably a "wait to be seated" mindset until she saw the sky dancer, who looked like he ran the little place, then realized that his lily fowl was staring at her. she seated herself and waited for the sky dancer to finish his task. "Quite a hidden gem" she commented, looking at all the tapestries, pelts, and trinkets. Hanging all over the tavern. She was starting to like this place. "Emma and Henry told me about this place."
I have a subspecies. click here to view it.This is a tutorial that you might find useful. interaction thread, please post.show me your /drs posts here! this is a wiki that desperately needs people.bYt72YT.pngv2PJF9u.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20