Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Lore Help?
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this post, but I will gladly remove it and repost it in the proper one if I was wrong ^^; Anyways, I'm writing some lore for this boy and I can't decide what breed I should make him. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50755834] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/507559/50755834_350.png[/img] [/url] He's supposed to be a dragon who had evil and darkness discovered in his soul. When our "soul reader" (still working on a title) Belladona saw this evil, she purified it resulting in his unusual white and light blue coloring in a lair where dark colors are the most prevalent. During this purification ritual, she noticed that the evil continued to leak back whenever she finished cleansing his soul. Because of this, it was decided that he should have his memories of who and what he is wiped, leaving him with only the stories of the clan and making him the lore keeper. My problem is that I don't know if the memory issue should happen because Belladona changes him to a tundra with their notoriously bad memories or a pearl catcher whose pearl has been corrupted or broken leaving him unable to hold onto any of his own memories. I'm sorry for the long post, but I felt that a background of what his lore will be was necessary for the decision on his breed. ^^;
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this post, but I will gladly remove it and repost it in the proper one if I was wrong ^^;

Anyways, I'm writing some lore for this boy and I can't decide what breed I should make him.

50755834_350.png

He's supposed to be a dragon who had evil and darkness discovered in his soul. When our "soul reader" (still working on a title) Belladona saw this evil, she purified it resulting in his unusual white and light blue coloring in a lair where dark colors are the most prevalent. During this purification ritual, she noticed that the evil continued to leak back whenever she finished cleansing his soul. Because of this, it was decided that he should have his memories of who and what he is wiped, leaving him with only the stories of the clan and making him the lore keeper.

My problem is that I don't know if the memory issue should happen because Belladona changes him to a tundra with their notoriously bad memories or a pearl catcher whose pearl has been corrupted or broken leaving him unable to hold onto any of his own memories.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I felt that a background of what his lore will be was necessary for the decision on his breed. ^^;
f1nYCrg.pngHu9Kcp0.pngHZwEuJT.pngBDEDrIa.pngzRRe5QB.png
JhLsbHY.pngkjHYrXU.pngx8qvdqB.pngRH6Xp0g.pngo5rqgH8.png
@Taishiro might be better off in the creative corner. but!!!!!

to my understanding, pearlcatchers can remember memories just fine. the pearls are just kinda like photographs where you can look at to relive some memories. kinda like "i remember this fishing trip back in first grade!!!" but without the photograph, you can still kinda remember that fishing trip. to me, that's what pc pearls are for.

so im kinda leaning towards the tundra for this one
@Taishiro might be better off in the creative corner. but!!!!!

to my understanding, pearlcatchers can remember memories just fine. the pearls are just kinda like photographs where you can look at to relive some memories. kinda like "i remember this fishing trip back in first grade!!!" but without the photograph, you can still kinda remember that fishing trip. to me, that's what pc pearls are for.

so im kinda leaning towards the tundra for this one
Selling Cheap Fodder ==> HERE
Looking for ==> THESE
WISHLIST
Well tundras can still recall smells, noftn had a story about dragons affected by the shade, you could always make him a noc
Well tundras can still recall smells, noftn had a story about dragons affected by the shade, you could always make him a noc
And also I don’t think the bad memory thing fits, if you get everything wiped you can still probably remember math words and writing from repetition. And no storekeeper shouldn’t remember his stories
And also I don’t think the bad memory thing fits, if you get everything wiped you can still probably remember math words and writing from repetition. And no storekeeper shouldn’t remember his stories
@amethyststar
In his lore he'll be carrying the books that contain all of the clan's lore so I'm not really worried about him forgetting the stories, I just needed him to forget his past.
I haven't read the NOTN story about the shade, I'll have to check that out and see if that works. ^^
@amethyststar
In his lore he'll be carrying the books that contain all of the clan's lore so I'm not really worried about him forgetting the stories, I just needed him to forget his past.
I haven't read the NOTN story about the shade, I'll have to check that out and see if that works. ^^
He looks good as both, but I think I prefer a PC for darker lore
He looks good as both, but I think I prefer a PC for darker lore
well, aesthetically speaking, he looks really good as a Pearlie. lore-wise, I don't know if the breed necessarily has to tie into his memory loss; the magic sounds like it would be scrambling his brain either way? but I do like the idea that as a pearlcatcher, his pearl was also damaged in the process of 'purifying' him, thereby contributing to his existential crisis. (I feel like someone must've made an accent by now for pearlcatchers with a damaged pearl...)

this isn't at all what you're asking, but reading what you'd written my first thought was 'turn him into a coatl- that way his lighter colors are even more striking/surprising'. though that implies that the repeated purifications harmed him in some way, of course, which may not be what you're going for.
well, aesthetically speaking, he looks really good as a Pearlie. lore-wise, I don't know if the breed necessarily has to tie into his memory loss; the magic sounds like it would be scrambling his brain either way? but I do like the idea that as a pearlcatcher, his pearl was also damaged in the process of 'purifying' him, thereby contributing to his existential crisis. (I feel like someone must've made an accent by now for pearlcatchers with a damaged pearl...)

this isn't at all what you're asking, but reading what you'd written my first thought was 'turn him into a coatl- that way his lighter colors are even more striking/surprising'. though that implies that the repeated purifications harmed him in some way, of course, which may not be what you're going for.
they/them
@zephyros
I did think of making him a coatl but then that would mean that he was sick or physically damaged. I’m thinking the pearl catcher honestly because I really like the way he looks as a pearlie and because I think it fits the end goal a bit better.

Thank you for your input <3
@zephyros
I did think of making him a coatl but then that would mean that he was sick or physically damaged. I’m thinking the pearl catcher honestly because I really like the way he looks as a pearlie and because I think it fits the end goal a bit better.

Thank you for your input <3