Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Pact/Contract] The Ravenghast (Hiatus)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16
@FrozenSeal

Ohmygoodness! I love the update to their profiles. Especially with how Broken has turned out! I'm a huge fan of that twist and can't wait to read more. If you do update, please PM me!

And to be fair, the Ravenghast did its best with what it had to work with. It just doesn't know any better in this case.
@FrozenSeal

Ohmygoodness! I love the update to their profiles. Especially with how Broken has turned out! I'm a huge fan of that twist and can't wait to read more. If you do update, please PM me!

And to be fair, the Ravenghast did its best with what it had to work with. It just doesn't know any better in this case.
wren1.pngwren2.gifwren3.gifwren4.pngwren5.png
Haha ty and I will!

And poor Ravenghast xD Frost is putting the blame in the wrong part here! xDD
Haha ty and I will!

And poor Ravenghast xD Frost is putting the blame in the wrong part here! xDD
tXKbExw.png
aaaa I love it so much,, I don't even have words, ahaha. I did make her a bio that I thought you might be interested in seeing! (And if any other contractors want to make a lore connection, hit me up~) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50841587] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/508416/50841587_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
aaaa I love it so much,, I don't even have words, ahaha.

I did make her a bio that I thought you might be interested in seeing! (And if any other contractors want to make a lore connection, hit me up~)
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
@Viviwren, thank you so much! I love the way Shimmers' story was written and the way it went! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

(I've added to her lore hehe! Feel free to have a little look - it's not finished yet but I'm getting there :3)
@Viviwren, thank you so much! I love the way Shimmers' story was written and the way it went! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

(I've added to her lore hehe! Feel free to have a little look - it's not finished yet but I'm getting there :3)
bHeX9bv.png
@Venusian

Ooh, looking good over there! Great follow-up on the bio. I like it!
I'd totally love to see some crossovers with other contractors seeing as they can identify one another on sight! It makes for so many possibilities. Exciting!

@StarlitMoonlight

I had a peek and it's really cool! I felt kind of bad for Shimmers there, haha. She had such a seemingly simple wish, but after putting a lot of thought into it, I felt like we were all pretty lucky to be here and make it as far as we do. Every day is a blessing, so I included that mentality into Ravenghast's methods.

It was... just sort of unfortunate that Shimmers was so selfless with her wish that she forgot to add herself! There's a bit of foreshadowing there with her family being blessed with a parasitic luck and Shimmers not being immune to that...

It was really fun writing it.

@EclipseMirror @RhythmSong

Just a quick note that your wishes have not been forgotten! I'm finishing up the tail end of a busy week, and replies will swiftly follow as work clears. Wishing you all the best in the mean time!
@Venusian

Ooh, looking good over there! Great follow-up on the bio. I like it!
I'd totally love to see some crossovers with other contractors seeing as they can identify one another on sight! It makes for so many possibilities. Exciting!

@StarlitMoonlight

I had a peek and it's really cool! I felt kind of bad for Shimmers there, haha. She had such a seemingly simple wish, but after putting a lot of thought into it, I felt like we were all pretty lucky to be here and make it as far as we do. Every day is a blessing, so I included that mentality into Ravenghast's methods.

It was... just sort of unfortunate that Shimmers was so selfless with her wish that she forgot to add herself! There's a bit of foreshadowing there with her family being blessed with a parasitic luck and Shimmers not being immune to that...

It was really fun writing it.

@EclipseMirror @RhythmSong

Just a quick note that your wishes have not been forgotten! I'm finishing up the tail end of a busy week, and replies will swiftly follow as work clears. Wishing you all the best in the mean time!
@Viviwren
Best of wishes for your work! I've loved all the responses so far and can't wait to see what the Ravenghast comes up with for Purity! :D
@Viviwren
Best of wishes for your work! I've loved all the responses so far and can't wait to see what the Ravenghast comes up with for Purity! :D
30760.pngdestinyweaver_by_adorningmoon-dbzbp87.pngtumblr_ofkweumxKI1txzxxro1_250.png tumblr_oiev0tN7JJ1txzxxro1_250.png
@Viviwren most definitely hehe!

I do want to write more, and I'll expand their lore with Clear Waters, but I kinda also like the way I left it. HMMMMMMMMMMMM perhaps more will be added when one of my other 'catchers makes a contract eheheheheh!!
@Viviwren most definitely hehe!

I do want to write more, and I'll expand their lore with Clear Waters, but I kinda also like the way I left it. HMMMMMMMMMMMM perhaps more will be added when one of my other 'catchers makes a contract eheheheheh!!
bHeX9bv.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51206123] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/512062/51206123_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]"The Ravenghast..."[/i][/center] Thrush picked up her pace when she saw the shadowy flickers at the edges of her sight begin to stretch and then undulate, taking over the very ground she walked upon. She dropped the feather that had taken her here as the wish ripped again through her mind. A brief bolt of panic surged within her, momentarily freezing her limbs. All she could do was watch the world around her begin to take a different form, of a different place...Thrush screwed her eyes shut as black feathers tugged at the edges of her vision and rough brambles and branches ripped at her sides and face. She was here, in His realm. So many hours of listening to back-alley gossip or paying for rumors with no leads, and she was finally here. Thrush had obtained her knowledge of the formidable Ravenghast through whispered rumors and trips into forbidden sections of libraries and scroll-rooms, and earning and fueling the fire of the beast that lurked inside her heart, her Wish. Thrush found herself transported to a field that stretched as far as the eye could see, each visible part of that dead grass and pockmarked land with twisted trees, held grave markers. After a moment, she adjusted the mantle she'd tied around herself that held her pearl and began to walk. The desperate dragon knew she had to reach the Cathedral, however long it took. [center]***[/center] After what felt like an eternity, passing what looked like the same cairns and grave-markers multiple times, she approached the Cathedral. The massive doors swung open with a [i]creeeeeak...[/i] "The Ravenghast...," Thrush exclaimed in reverence, taking off her mantle and clutching her pearl, giving it one last shine. She tripped over a tree root and blushed as she nearly lost the pearl. She clutched it close as she approached. The giant crow shifted as she drew near, the rustling of feathers and clinking of chains echoing throughout the Cathedral. She brought out her pearl, and with tears welling in her eyes, made her wish. "Oh Ravenghast, give me an eternal companion-someone to love! I have waited so long and have been unable to find another dragon I can share my life wit--" At this the tears choked her words short, and she rolled the pearl to the gargantuan creature. [center]***[/center]
"The Ravenghast..."
Thrush picked up her pace when she saw the shadowy flickers at the edges of her sight begin to stretch and then undulate, taking over the very ground she walked upon. She dropped the feather that had taken her here as the wish ripped again through her mind. A brief bolt of panic surged within her, momentarily freezing her limbs. All she could do was watch the world around her begin to take a different form, of a different place...Thrush screwed her eyes shut as black feathers tugged at the edges of her vision and rough brambles and branches ripped at her sides and face.

She was here, in His realm. So many hours of listening to back-alley gossip or paying for rumors with no leads, and she was finally here. Thrush had obtained her knowledge of the formidable Ravenghast through whispered rumors and trips into forbidden sections of libraries and scroll-rooms, and earning and fueling the fire of the beast that lurked inside her heart, her Wish.

Thrush found herself transported to a field that stretched as far as the eye could see, each visible part of that dead grass and pockmarked land with twisted trees, held grave markers. After a moment, she adjusted the mantle she'd tied around herself that held her pearl and began to walk. The desperate dragon knew she had to reach the Cathedral, however long it took.
After what felt like an eternity, passing what looked like the same cairns and grave-markers multiple times, she approached the Cathedral. The massive doors swung open with a creeeeeak...

"The Ravenghast...," Thrush exclaimed in reverence, taking off her mantle and clutching her pearl, giving it one last shine. She tripped over a tree root and blushed as she nearly lost the pearl. She clutched it close as she approached.

The giant crow shifted as she drew near, the rustling of feathers and clinking of chains echoing throughout the Cathedral.
She brought out her pearl, and with tears welling in her eyes, made her wish.

"Oh Ravenghast, give me an eternal companion-someone to love! I have waited so long and have been unable to find another dragon I can share my life wit--" At this the tears choked her words short, and she rolled the pearl to the gargantuan creature.
tumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
@Viviwren [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50822589] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/508226/50822589_350.png[/img] [/url] Reaver walked slowly and steadily, thankful for hid friend's knowledge on obscure lore which is what had lead him here, a dream of all places. the mist that swirled around his claws was thick and obscured the ground before him, shadows danced in the distance and to the side making him uneasy as the only time he had ever seen shadows act in such a way was when Dahlia performed her magic. soon he saw the cathedral in the distance and moved quickly inside the large building, leaving the clinging mist outside. The Cathedral was lovely as he took in the surroundings and the stained glass was more so, he smiled as he looked around himself until the obscuring mist forced him on and he found himself moving a bit quicker. he suddenly felt as though he needed to get his task done quickly before something... unfortunate happened. Soon he found himself in front of the Ravenghast and he looked at the big creature as he approached, realizing it was watching him as well. Reaver came to a stop in front of the Ravenghast and tilted his head before dipping it low in a half bow. "Hello." he greeted "I- uh- My wish is very simple." he said looking away as the memories flooded his mind. memories of his family and he held his odd pearl tightly as he looked up again. "I Wish for my family to be home and well again." he said strongly "Lina has disappeared and Luna is injured so badly, Please! I wish for Lina to be home and Luna to be well." he said, voice faltering to a plea at the end of his wish. He walked toward the alter which held a place for the pearl to sit safely and gently placed it down before backing away to where he had stood again, watching the Ravenghast and waiting for what would happen.
@Viviwren

50822589_350.png

Reaver walked slowly and steadily, thankful for hid friend's knowledge on obscure lore which is what had lead him here, a dream of all places. the mist that swirled around his claws was thick and obscured the ground before him, shadows danced in the distance and to the side making him uneasy as the only time he had ever seen shadows act in such a way was when Dahlia performed her magic. soon he saw the cathedral in the distance and moved quickly inside the large building, leaving the clinging mist outside.

The Cathedral was lovely as he took in the surroundings and the stained glass was more so, he smiled as he looked around himself until the obscuring mist forced him on and he found himself moving a bit quicker. he suddenly felt as though he needed to get his task done quickly before something... unfortunate happened.

Soon he found himself in front of the Ravenghast and he looked at the big creature as he approached, realizing it was watching him as well. Reaver came to a stop in front of the Ravenghast and tilted his head before dipping it low in a half bow.
"Hello." he greeted "I- uh- My wish is very simple." he said looking away as the memories flooded his mind. memories of his family and he held his odd pearl tightly as he looked up again.

"I Wish for my family to be home and well again." he said strongly "Lina has disappeared and Luna is injured so badly, Please! I wish for Lina to be home and Luna to be well." he said, voice faltering to a plea at the end of his wish.

He walked toward the alter which held a place for the pearl to sit safely and gently placed it down before backing away to where he had stood again, watching the Ravenghast and waiting for what would happen.
42rDdHA.png
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1997330#post_22977835][img]http://orig08.deviantart.net/df0d/f/2016/277/6/8/arcane_shield_divider_4_by_starkindlerstudio-dajun3p.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2593443][img]https://i.imgur.com/hC0oysb.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41879245] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418793/41879245_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [indent][img]https://i.imgur.com/3USjIMB.png[/img][/indent] [center] An arcane circle flickers to life beneath Purity as the Ravenghast tilts its head back, hungrily swallowing the pearl whole.[/center] And then it paused. [i]Strange. Strange.[/i] What an odd little pearl. It did not taste alive. The memories from it were veiled and indubitably muted. As if the world viewed through it had been a hazy watercolor illusion, one that was diluted and yet another shade lighter. It began with no childhood and ended with no discernable conclusion before finding its way here. A strange pastel thing. It held very little in substance, but every so often there was a memory of a soul that did not belong to it. The irregularity was melded between the nacre layers like an irritable little grain of sand. Was it one of the many souls that the Chalice had once consumed, perhaps? Nevertheless, the price was paid. And now one was owed. Born of dream shards with a smattering of soul, they were closer to shadows than they were the living. A hazy outline cast from the light. Without meaning--without purpose. Desperately trapping souls in a lidded teapot only to have it gradually poured from one's spout and left vacant once more. Over and over this process seemed to begin anew, drinking but always thirsty. With its blackened touch, the raven-thing wove a rather creative solution into the Chalice. It was not a soul, but akin to a spider's web. One that no one could see. And at the center of this black little web was a tiny grain of nacre-sand, the smallest shard of a soul used as its budding seed. It sat there like a spindly, hungry widow waiting to be fed. It would be simple enough to bestow a stolen essence, but could one really call that their own? A secondhand thing. Tattered and worn with memories that could never be theirs? What a terribly depressing thought, and untrue to sincerity of a wish. What it gave--was the means to grow a soul of its own. It gave the Chalice the freedom to make of its own design. To choose the souls of its liking and wrap stolen pieces of them around that little grain, over and over like layering a pearl anew. Trapping them in the black web within its being until it was both sizable and whole, polished and ebon. A thing it could truly call its own. A thing it could make with what it liked--once it grew enough to know what it liked at all, of course. She already had the means to "collect" after all. Why not put it to good use? Until then, there is always time to sit down, and brew a nice cup of tea. [center]...and the pact has been sealed (a known contractor has been added to the registry!). [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41879245][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/418793/41879245p.png[/img][/url] [i]Purity[/i] @EclipseMirror [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2593443][img]https://i.imgur.com/hC0oysb.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1997330#post_22977835][img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/3345/f/2016/277/d/f/shadowshield_divider_4_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul49.png[/img][/url] [/center]
3USjIMB.png
An arcane circle flickers to life beneath Purity as the Ravenghast tilts its head back, hungrily swallowing the pearl whole.

And then it paused.

Strange. Strange.

What an odd little pearl. It did not taste alive. The memories from it were veiled and indubitably muted. As if the world viewed through it had been a hazy watercolor illusion, one that was diluted and yet another shade lighter. It began with no childhood and ended with no discernable conclusion before finding its way here.

A strange pastel thing.

It held very little in substance, but every so often there was a memory of a soul that did not belong to it. The irregularity was melded between the nacre layers like an irritable little grain of sand. Was it one of the many souls that the Chalice had once consumed, perhaps?

Nevertheless, the price was paid. And now one was owed.

Born of dream shards with a smattering of soul, they were closer to shadows than they were the living. A hazy outline cast from the light. Without meaning--without purpose. Desperately trapping souls in a lidded teapot only to have it gradually poured from one's spout and left vacant once more. Over and over this process seemed to begin anew, drinking but always thirsty.

With its blackened touch, the raven-thing wove a rather creative solution into the Chalice. It was not a soul, but akin to a spider's web. One that no one could see. And at the center of this black little web was a tiny grain of nacre-sand, the smallest shard of a soul used as its budding seed. It sat there like a spindly, hungry widow waiting to be fed.

It would be simple enough to bestow a stolen essence, but could one really call that their own? A secondhand thing. Tattered and worn with memories that could never be theirs? What a terribly depressing thought, and untrue to sincerity of a wish.

What it gave--was the means to grow a soul of its own. It gave the Chalice the freedom to make of its own design. To choose the souls of its liking and wrap stolen pieces of them around that little grain, over and over like layering a pearl anew. Trapping them in the black web within its being until it was both sizable and whole, polished and ebon. A thing it could truly call its own. A thing it could make with what it liked--once it grew enough to know what it liked at all, of course.

She already had the means to "collect" after all. Why not put it to good use?
Until then, there is always time to sit down, and brew a nice cup of tea.
...and the pact has been sealed (a known contractor has been added to the registry!).

41879245p.png
Purity
@EclipseMirror

hC0oysb.png
shadowshield_divider_4_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul49.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16